Last week the Vikings broke their 9-game road losing streak with a win over the Washington Redskins and this Sunday they have a chance to win consecutive games for the first time in 2010. The Buffalo Bills come to town and a potential 2-game winning streak is just one of many statistical achievements to watch out for Sunday – here are a few more…
– Sunday’s game will be Leslie Frazier’s first opportunity to lead the Vikings in a home game at Mall of America Field. Frazier is 1-0 as the interim head coach.
– With a sack, DE Jared Allen can move into a 4th place tie in NFL history for the most sacks in the first 7 seasons. Allen has 79.5 since entering the NFL in 2004, which ranks 5th and trails Leslie O’Neal’s 80.5 (1986-93). With 1.5 sacks, Allen can tie Richard Dent’s (1983-89) 81.0 for 3rd.
– K Ryan Longwell can move up the NFL charts for career FGs made. Longwell currently ranks 16th in NFL history with 334 FGs made. He can tie George Blanda (335) for 15th place with 1 FG.
– RB Adrian Peterson needs 1 rushing TD to move into a 7th place tie in NFL history for the most rushing TDs in the first 4 NFL seasons. Peterson is currently 9th with 48 career rushing TDs and trails Jim Brown and Maurice Jones-Drew, who both had 49 in their first 4 years.
– With 15 receiving yards, TE Visanthe Shiancoe can pass Stu Voigt’s 1,919 career receiving yards as a Viking, which ranks 2nd in team history. Currently Shiancoe has 1,905 receiving yards.
Tags: Adrian Peterson, Jared Allen, Leslie Frazier, Ryan Longwell, Visanthe Shiancoe
Posted in All, Mike Wobschall | 10 Comments »