Chris Cook Ruled Out; Several Others Questionable

Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 3, 2010 – 1:59 pm

The Vikings had 12 players listed on this week’s injury report, but only 1 of them has been declared out for Sunday’s game against the Buffalo Bills. CB Chris Cook (knee) missed both Thursday and Friday practices and will be held out on Sunday.

The following players are listed as questionable: DE Ray Edwards (ankle), WR Percy Harvin (illness), G Steve Hutchinson (thumb), WR Greg Lewis (concussion), RB Adrian Peterson (ankle) and S Jamarca Sanford (hamstring).  The following players are listed as probable: S Husain Abdullah (ankle), WR Bernard Berrian (groin), QB Brett Favre (ankle/neck/right shoulder), S Eric Frampton (hamstring) and WR Sidney Rice (hip).

For the Bills, Eric Wood, Dwan Edwards, Reggie Torbor and Shawn Nelson are out. Terrence McGee is doubtful, Torrell Troup is questionable and Demetrius Bell, C.J. Spiller, Spencer Johnson and Chris Kelsay are probable.

330 Responses to “Chris Cook Ruled Out; Several Others Questionable”

1. By DRS on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

With so many out will we have enough backup that can play to win?

2. By Shawn on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!

Greg Lewis didnt practice

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

How will we score without Greg Lewis?

3. By Shawn on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

What Im saying is this guy is so good he replaced Randy Moss, and hes out this really su’cks !!!!

4. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I think somehow we will win without Lewis. Somehow. Maybe if we blow our horns really loud so they vibrate like thunder.

BAROOOOOOOOO)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

5. By Shawn on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Greg Lewis has led our offense to almost 13 points per game since he took over for Moss and his pathetic 21.6 points per game

6. By Shawn on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

BSAS how could it be … no Lewis , no Berrian if our defense gives up more than 12 points everyone will talk about how bad they are …. because those guys have led our offense to 13 points per game …

7. By Shawn on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

WAIT A MINUTE WE HAVE …. HANK BASKETT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. By Shawn on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Guess we might as well blame the O line … seems to be the popular opinion, because you know how much defensive coordinators respect Lewis, Berrian, and Baskett with those guys taking up all the double teams it keeps the defense from blitzing leaving the O Line to blame for everything

9. By Siyrah on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I once seen Hank Baskett dive for a pass and catch it with nothing more then the tip of his finger. The more playtime he gets, the more W’s we will see.

10. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

It is strange not having an elite group at wide receiver– we were really spoiled with Cris Carter— and to think he never even got to a Superbowl. Some players are so good, they deserve a Superbowl ring— Peterson is one of them. I hope we get there soon. I don’t know how much longer I will live in MN– I am tired of winter 5 months of the year–

11. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Yeah— where is Baskett? How many plays has he been in— 2?

12. By Shawn on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I know siyrah I once saw baskett give a perfect high 5 to Percy after a touchdown … hes amazing

13. By Shawn on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

BSAS … I just needed to release some sarcasm … it was built up

14. By Shawn on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Couple of days reading bloggers cry about the o line and i had to find a way to release

15. By Shawn on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Its almost like our fans dont even see wide reciever as a position … even though we have had such GREAT recivers through our history … I mean when Culpepper had Carter and Moss he almost won the MVP , if it wasnt for Peyton Manning he would have … then when Carter and Moss were gone what happened to Daute, he averaged 4 turnovers a game b4 he got hurt and moved on

16. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Every position is important– -that is where true balance originates– balance is not about calling half run and half pass plays– balance and effective execution resulting in wins comes from having excellent players at all positions. What is a quarterback without a receiver? Without a great receiver, the best quarterback in the world has only half the equation. Hey, it’s snowing good now– I have to run to the bank.

17. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I just checked the weather for Minneapolis. I will stop complaining about the rain here.

18. By Rocksalt on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Be Sane, you are questionable………

19. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, Nova– I had to go out because I have a few beans in my coffee grinder– had to get coffee– what a mess out there– rush hour and snow, not a good combo.

20. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Sometimes I think your coffee grinder is short a few beans,BSAS.

21. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

What did I say now, Nova? Coming from Rocksalt, it means nothing. But you? I have respect for your opinion.

22. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Just kidding,BSAS, relax. Don’t let the weather get to you!

23. By Elgar on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Moss is so great the Titans have streaked from 5-3 straight to 5-6 without relent. Moss ia a piece of dog food I wouldn’t feed to my caterer..

24. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

The reason I became a Vikings fan, back in 68, was due to the fact that back then we got one NFL game every Sunday, including the playoffs. Minnesota had a “Canadian connection” because of Bud Grant and Joe Kapp. Combine that with the geographical factor of being a border state and also an NFL powerhouse, and that adds up to 43 years of suffering.

25. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I would love to see the Vikings back outdoors, where they belong.

26. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I must admit though, I had mixed emotions when my dad would take me to games when it was so cold out.

27. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I would have had lots of mixed emotions, but more mixed drinks.

28. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I was like 10.

29. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Now we have an idea of your age, BSAS.

30. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Nova— ha ha ha— within 15 years, give or take.

31. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

To Sonja I’m 7 and a half.

32. By Steve on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Just wondering…… do we have qualified people in place that even know what to do with this team? Think we need a good GM!!!! All the money in the world won’t help if the right players are not signed.

33. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I think we have one of the best in Scott Studwell.

34. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

We have had good teams as long as I can remember– the Vikings rarely have had a losing season– I cannot imagine being in Detroit or the like– even San Fran which has had dynasties, has major ups and downs. Our problem has often been the coaching.

35. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

SO, Nova, we know exactly your age now.

36. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

That doesn’t bother me in the least, BSAS. Remember, you’re only young once, but you can always be immature.

37. By mr smiff on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Clever, Nova.

38. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

How’s the weather in Trinidad, Mr Smiff?

39. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Nova, do you need to ask? I don’t want to hear how people are walking around in shorts under warm Caribbean breezes alongside Palm trees– not right now, anyway. I rode my bike 7 miles today— in the living room!

40. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

My God, you’ve got a HUGE living room!

41. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Ha ha ha, Nova now your stretching it.

42. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Have you spent any time down south, BSAS?

43. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

South America?

44. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

My folks owned a house in Bermuda for years, I was lucky enough to escape winters. I spent a lot of time in Belize and Guatemala recently, but you’re right, talking about this just makes me want to jump on a plane!

45. By Shawn on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

IM A BANANNA !!!!!!!

46. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, maybe it is time for a trip.

47. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I thought you were looking a little jaundiced lately, Shawn!

48. By Conner on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I heard Belize is remarkable, but leave your watch at home. Nothing is at a set time. I’m too much of a type A personality, as in A-hole!

49. By Shawn on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

@ELGAR … That is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard and I think we may all be a little dumber for just having hears it …

PS Titans have played a 3rd sting qb the last 2 weeks … Moss alone can not win games but Moss is WITHOUT QUESTION BETTER THAN GREG LEWIS … Dopey

50. By Shawn on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

hehe what up pops1 and pops2

51. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I lived right in the jungle in Belize, a little town of a few hundred people. Once you get used to the snakes and crocs, it is PARADISE.

52. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I was pretty near to Belize when I visited the Tulum ruins. I spent some time on Cozumel– hiked through the jungle– very humid, had to wipe my glas-ses every 2 minutes. Also, have been in Puerto Rico– that is a very nice climate,a bit of a breeze, not as humid. I am having trouble posting– so if this repeats, sorry– I wonder if it thinks Tulum is a curse word.

53. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Ha ha ha– I finally got it through- I could not use the word gla-sses.

54. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Hard times,BSAS, I know an archeologist whose career is in ruins.

55. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I bet he is shaken up.

56. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

3 years ago I was helping some friends construct a palapa outside the town of Progresso, Belize. We accidentally scared off a mother jaguar because of the noise of our chainsaws. She abandoned her kitten, who I raised for 5 months, until it was big enough to have me for lunch. I donated it to a Belizian zoo, but I still have the memories and 25 rolls of film.

57. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Nova, that is too cool. Maybe that was the same Jaguar that just mauled a tourist — it seems I read recently about that.

58. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

It seems that tourist was lunch and dinner– he died.

59. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

The local kids were always trying to sell me something, people are dirt poor down there. On my last day there I was emerging from the lagoon where I bathed every day (wary of the crocodiles!) and a bunch of them came up to me with a huge canvas bag saying “Mr John, you buy,you buy!”. I carefully looked inside, told them to wait while I got my camera, and then took several photos of the anteater they wanted to sell me!

60. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Well, now you know my age and my first name.

61. By Conner on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Nova, what type of work do you do? Or are you “The most fascinating man alive” that I see in the Dos X beer commercial saying, “Stay thirsty my friends!”

62. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I can see it now: (Customs Office)….” Sir, there’s an anteater in your luggage!” (Me)…..”How did that get there?”

63. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I am a semi-retired land surveyor, BSAS.

64. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Soon we will have a complete profile of Nova.

65. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I am the most fascinating man in the world!

66. By Conner on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Nova: Why is it I haven’t found too many people from Quebec who are agreeable to talk with or know, but everyone else in Canada is cool?

67. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Conner, it is because Quebecers have, for generations, talked about leaving Canada and gain their independence. They are generally arrogant, ignorant self-centered fools, both French and English. I would be the first in line to wave goodbye to them.

68. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

There is actually a monthly newsletter printed in Florida that does nothing but dump on French-Canadians, and how cheap and rude they are.

69. By Conner on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Canada is a beautiful country. I like Banff and Calgary. Toronto is incredible, but the open spaces in nature are remarkable. I have the coolest Uncle in the world in Sault Ste. Marie, and my Aunt re-married a poopbag in Toronto. Since you have some history going back with the Vikings. I was unaware Joe Kapp was from Canada?

70. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

He wasn’t from Canada, but he played (and was extremely popular) in the CFL.

71. By Conner on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

My parents live in a retirement park in South Texas. Their are a lot of midwesterners and Canadiens in their park. The folks from Quebec seem to complain about everything, but do nothing. The other Canadiens are always pitching in. What’s the rule though. At some point in the winter, the Canadiens have to go home for 1 month. Is that to re-establish residence to continue to have their healthcare?

72. By Conner on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Back to football, my favorite Vikings of all time from the early 70’s to now are as follows:

QB: Randall Cunningham (Circa 1998) 2 minute Tommy Kramer
    RB: Chuck Foreman and A.P.
    Fullback: Rick Finney or Dave Osborne.
    Center: Matt Birk
    Guards: Hutchinson, Randall McDaniel
    Tackles: Ed White, Ron Yary
    Tight Ends: Joe Senser, Stu Voigt, Steve Jordan
    Receivers: 1) Chris Carter 2) Ahmad Rashad 3) Percy Harvin

73. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Unless they have dual citizenship, they have to spend x amount of time in Canada, As for the Quebecers, they are universally hated. I don’t even like to think they are part of our country, but I will say this, the French-Canadian women are stunning. Montreal is a great place, but if you don’t speak French, don’t even bother going to Quebec City. They are just downright rude to English-speaking people, whwther Americans or Canadians. It is a shame.

74. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I have been to Montreal about 6 times– great place. Toronto, maybe 24 times– great city– close to where I am from. But if you don’t speak French, they are not so nice– they mimic their counterparts in France. I have some stories of how they treat me, and then how they treat me after they discover I am fluent in French– one story is comical, it is so obvious how they think you are nothing, even dirt, when they believe you do not speak French.

75. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

They are the same in Paris.

76. By Conner on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Favorite defensive players are regardless of position:

1. Matt Blair- Always seemed to hustle, charismatic.Special teams play*****
    2. Joey Browner- He was one physical dude!
    3. Scott Studwell- It seemed he never missed a tackle.
    4. Bobby Bryant- From playing corner and getting a pick to several special teams plays in big games.
    5. Antoine Winfield- Forget what the program says, his heart makes him 6-4 and 255! You know when you buy a ticket, this guy is all in!
    6. John Randle: What a motor, he and Favre giving each other the business when they played against each other.
    7. Chris Doleman: Could stop the run and rush the passer.

8. Alan Page: By today’s standards, based on his size when he played, would he be big enough to play linebacker? Or would he be a safety? He is the classiest link to the legacy of “The Purple People Eaters”
    9. Keith Millard: Had a motor, I’m not sure about the brain? I could be wrong.
    10. Robert Griffith- physical safety and had good range.
    11. Paul Krause: I started watching the Vikes as Paul Krause was wrapping up his H.O.F. career. Lots of interceptions obviously, but for some reason, I always remember him having a lot of tackles against Sweetness Walter Payton.

77. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

In Montreal, just about everyone speaks some English. They are much more used to hearing it. In Quebec City and some of the other towns, they won’t speak to you.Toronto, where I lived for 2 yesrs, is just like a large US city.

78. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I guess I should let you get back to football. Sometimes my mind wanders, but that’s what I like about me!

79. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Agreed- Montreal downtown is very bilingual– I know they can be rude in Quebec City and other places– more of my stories are from France than French Canada– although I know the Quebecois are similar in their language snobbery.
    Toronto, for its size, is much safer and cleaner than comparable American cities. I spent quite a bit of time in Toronto, like I said maybe 20+ trips there. And there is a subtle European air.

80. By Conner on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

It has been interesting. I didn’t want my perception to be unfair to a large group of people. Either we’re like minded, or I haven’t had the priviledge of meeting a good one. The French did invent the d–che bag. It came to them looking in the mirror.

81. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Now you’re talking Conner. There are ignorant people everywhere, just a much higher ratio in Quebec. BSAS, most visitors to T.O. say how clean a city it is, but Halifax makes it look like a dump.

82. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I try to get down to Fenway Park at least twice a year, love Boston. There are very close family and business ties with New England and the Maritime Provinces.

83. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

But I hate Brady and the rest of them.

84. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I love Boston too– I might move there next year.

85. By Justin on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Anyone looking forward to next year yet? If there is a season next year, the good news is that everyone will be healthy. We don’t have to worry about people breaking bones or injuring themselves in the first 3 weeks of the season.

86. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I thought you wanted to go some place warm, BSAS?

87. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Justin, the bad news is, who will “everyone” be?

88. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I guess I should have said ” the ? is, who will everyone be.

89. By Justin on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

You mean the people that return next year?

90. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I wish that I had your enthusiasm about Favre next year, BSAS, but I think this is it. I remember watching Namath go out as an LA Ram, and Unitas as a Charger. It wasn’t pretty.

91. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Justin, I was talking about our QB situation. It has me worried sick.

92. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Nova, have you ever spent a winter in Minneapolis? Boston is warmer.

93. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Conner, Canadians and Americans are as similar as two “different” countries can be. As my friends in Boston say, “We make the best beer commercials, but you guys make the best beer!”

94. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I wouldn’t put my shorts and sandals on to go to a Bruin’s game in Feb.

95. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, I never spent a winter in Minny, but I spent one in Edmonton, which has to be at least that bad. Plus I hate the CFL.

96. By wisconsinvikesfan on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

This blog has been entertaining just reading nova and bsas going back and forth you gus must be like in your sixties.

97. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Wisconsinvikefan, in my case, I can’t speak for BSAS, you’re about 10 years off. (too old). Wisdom comes with age.

98. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

HAHAHHAHAH– hardly, way off on age dude– I am a lot younger. I just have traveled a bit and am well read.

99. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

But then again, so does heart problems, cancer, high blood pressure…..

100. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Nova is older than me, old enough to be my big brother.

101. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, I learned more from travelling than anything I ever learned from a textbook.

102. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Your older, wiser brother…..

103. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I agree about the wealth of wisdom from other cultures, even moving about our vast countries– – I love traveling–but I believe in both– experience and theory– I have met too many “educated” people, though that have no clue. You have to know what you are going to keep from what you read, and what you will discard.

104. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

older, the jury is out on the other part– they are in deliberation

105. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

If the glove doesn’t fit, you must acquit.

106. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I had to do a doubletake– I read the last post and I thought for sure Frederick was online. Sounds like your jones’en

107. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Have I been reduced to that?

108. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, I know you are not familiar with Newfoundland, but they are the butt of jokes across Canada. They are also the friendliest people in the world.They tell the best “newfie” jokes and can laugh at themselves. Having said that, how many Newfoundlanders does it take to eat a porcupine? You have thirty seconds ……

109. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

3… 1 to eat the porcupine and two to watch out for cars.

110. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

You are right, I have not been to Newfoundland– I think it is barren land, more than Cape Breton Island, so I would say the whole province eats the porcupine– and they make soup so there is enough to go around.

111. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

See– I was right, I said three.

112. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

All the old whaling boats, and nowadays the swordfish industry out of New England all make St. John’s their port of call. WHAT A PARTY TOWN!

113. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

The girls in Newfoundland, more than any other place I’ve ever been, are the friendliest.

114. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I have been in St. Johns New Brunswick– I am ready for a trip to a warm place right now. Martinique maybe.

115. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Girls are friendly everywhere I go.

116. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

You made a common mistake, BSAS, it’s St. John, New Brunswick, St. John’s Newfoundland. There is not much in New Brunswick, hope you weren’t stuck there long.

117. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

No, I just spent the night and when I woke up, drove on to Nova Scotia.

118. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Thanks for the correction– as I was writing it, I wondered if I had it right– I thought there was some subtle difference. Oh well, if that is my only mistake in 2010, I did pretty good.

119. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Peggy’s Cove has always been a world-wide tourist attraction here in Nova Scotia, but the SwissAir disaster, and CNN really put it on the map. The funny thing is, all around the Maritime Provinces you can find dozens of “Peggy’s Coves”.

120. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

First and last?

121. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Well, probably if you ask others, there were a few more. I think I am getting off the blog—- got Avatar from the library yesterday. Going to watch some of that now.

122. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Goodnight BSAS.

123. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Goodnight Nova, maybe I should change my username.

124. By The Truth on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

The bright side is…CHILLY IS GONE. Therefore….

Next season we can actually sign some FREE AGENTS, -cough LT didnt like chilly cough-

And some good ones at that, especially if its a respected coach. Brian Billick, Jon Gruden, or even Leslie Frazier, since hes a nice guy and people like that.

Fire Darrel Bevell, and send Favre with him. Sign Josh McDaniels to be Offensive Coordinator, once he gets fired. Hes very creative and will use Percy and AP correctly. Not AP just had a great run, TAKE HIM OUT and AP has to be dragged off the field kicking and screaming.

125. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

I can’t type out BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY…..There is a 2 hour time difference!

126. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Josh McDaniels?

127. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Only if he brings Tebow with him.

128. By Frederick Jones on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

NOVA, I will try to protect your age and first name. Notice I didn’t let on to either in this blog. BSAS, and Conner are smart. (Conner must be fairly young because Ed White was a GUARD. He never started at Tackle as far as I know.) Nova is the funny one. I’ve even enjoyed most of your one-liners off my blogs!!!

129. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Fred, I appreciate it.

130. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

But seriously, my first name and my age mean nothing.(At least that’s what I tell the h00kers.”

131. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

132. By Alex on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

This weeks game we cant ride off. The Bills are so unpredictable. If we play like we did last week against the Redskins we should be okay. We need to play strong on defense and actually tackle people in the secondary. We need to get to Fitzpatrick and stop Stevie Johnson. We need to stop Fred Jackson, he has been dominating other teams defenses. We need to convert drives into points on offense. You guys did a good job protecting Favre. We also need to open the gates for Peterson, and Garhart to run all over the Bills defense. We need to get Rice involved a little bit better. If we do these things we will win the game.
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VIKINGS.

133. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

We need AP. If he’s there we win, if he’s not, we lose . We are running short on weapons.

134. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

kkkkkkkkkkkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

135. By Old School on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Chris Cook is out………………………………………….well….forget that….that’s an automatic Loss……without him………………………ALL BETS ARE OFF!

HA….HA…..HA…….HA…HA….HA…..HA…….

CAN’T STOP LAUGHING…..HE IS NOT EVEN WORTH REPORTING OR WRITING AN ARTICLE ON !

136. By Old School on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Let me ask everybody….is it worth trying to play A.P. when he is not 100% and risk even more injury to a player who is our franchise and the only thing that is or player that is worth watching on this team come next year…..

HE IS THE VIKINGS PEOPLE….WE DON’T NEED HIM AGAINST THE BILLS BECAUSE WE DON’T NEED THIS WIN…….

IT MEANS NOTHING….NOTHING………WAKE THE F$%^ UP !

137. By Old School on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

THIS SEASON IS OVER AND IT HAS BEEN OVER………………..START PLAYING SOME OF THE YOUNG GUYS AND LET’S START FIGURING OUT NEXT YEAR ! LET’S START FIGURING OUT WHO NEEDS TO BE CUT AND WHO NEEDS TO BE SIGNED FOR NEXT YEAR IN THE OFF-SEASON!

138. By Frederick Jones on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

“Old School” are you over 30 years old?

139. By Chaos on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

7 losses is not exactly the end of the season. if we win the rest of r games {including the Eagles} then we can make the playoffs. that is if some other teams lose a large portion of thier next games. Frazier knows how to play football. AP could have had 300 yards if he hadnt been injured. LETS GO VIKINGS!

140. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Chaos, how many teams go to the playoffs in the NFC?– NOT counting the division leaders.

141. By mr smiff on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

@ The Truth: Are you serious? You want the Vikings to get Josh McDaniel? The man who spooked off Jay Cutler before he even got there? The man who traded away Brandon Marshall when all he wanted was a well-deserved better contract? The man who gave away Peyton Hillis for a 3rd string qb when he really could have used him this season? The man who had a losing season despite starting off 6-0? Again, seriously?

142. By mr smiff on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

@ Old School: Your negativity sux. And it is negativity. Nothing else.

143. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

GO VIKINGS 23 hours, 12 minutes to kickoff!!

144. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

I feel sorry for the Bills– this Vikings team is on fire and will open this game up. Expect some hard running and maybe the most points of the season. Rice will have a big day– hoping he plays.

145. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

AT least we made the Bills feel at home by having a little snow for them.

146. By moorevikes on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

does anyone realize that if the playoffs were to start tomorrow greenbay wouldn’t even make it? that is how tough our conference is. it is not negativity people it’s called reality. i agree with oldschool, no reason at all to risk serious injury to peterson. the only thing beating the bills proves is that we can beat another team with a losing record. and whoever said the vikings were on fire, really? after winning one game (to a team with a losing record), i don’t think i’d call that being on fire. i understand that players and coaches can’t just give up but they can start preparing for next year. if there is a next year. oldschool, do you suppose after we are mathematically eliminated there will still be people on here saying,”if we win out there is still a chance?” to be honest i think a few are so clueless that there will. it sucks i know people but we are not going to the playoffs. now if we were in the nfc west i’d be saying h-ell yes there is still a chance.

147. By moorevikes on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

ten teams in the nfc with better records than us. we are tied with san fran. now there is a team with a 4-7 record that still has a chance, because the two teams that are tied for 1st have 5-6 records. only 6 teams from each conference go to the playoffs. i mean h-ell people the 3-8 cards have a better chance than us.

148. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Moorevikes– I agree with you completely on our playoff chances– did you read my question to Chaos? You do not have to look at the ten teams in front of us– we have a shot at being the fifth best of them, but only TWO teams besides the division leaders get into the playoffs. It’s a hard reality, but we do have to face it. New Orleans and Tampa Bay have 8 and 7 wins respectively– and they are in the same division but not their division leader– then we have Green Bay who swept us — unless an asteroid hits some of these cities, it is almost impossible to get in– those are three teams that with one or two more wins eliminate us– with 5 games to go. And by the way, Moorevikes, I am also the one who said our team is on fire, which they are– I will not take that back–we want to see our team win– there are 5 games left and why not watch our team win? No playoffs, but that does not mean we should be hoping to see losses every week to improve draft odds– we can build a team without going to the basement.

149. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

TRUE FANS ARISE!!! SOUND YOUR HORNS OF VIKING WINS

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

150. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

TRUE FANS WANT WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

151. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

WINNERS WIN!

152. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

YEAH BABY!! GO VIKES!! WIN OUT BABY– SET THE TONE FOR A CHAMPIONSHIP RUN NEXT YEAR.

Oh, btw, Favre in 2011

153. By Lito on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Let Cook rest if need be. Please Vikes, no injury excuses. You have injury excuses every year. Play what you got. You did not work hard to get offensive line and defensive secondary help. Non-productive players should be cut. Team has underachieved. Let us see what you got for the remaining games.

154. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Barooooooooooooooooo00000000000000000000000OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

155. By noitcannotbetrue on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Well i guess the pressures off. We could still make the playoffs, playoffs?Playoffs?

waaaa I am not happy. Not happy Bob. Thank you BF for 2009 , but this year,

thanks for nothing.

156. By Old School on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Mr. Smiff,

as far as my “Negativity”……………GET A LIFE !

All that I’m suggesting is that we turn ………WHAT IS A NEGATIVE SEASON….AND IF YOU BELIEVE IT OR NOT…EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS SEASON HAS BEEN NEGATIVE…………..BUT, I KNOW…EVERYTHING IN YOUR WORLD IS JUST GREAT…….YOUR ONE OF THOSE PUKES….THAT TRY TO PUT A POSITIVE SPIN ON EVERYTHING…………….

I.E. EXCEPTING EVERYTHING AS IS………………YOUR ONE OF THOSE SOCCER DADS THAT HAVE THERE KIDS PLAYING IN LEAGUES THAT DON’T KEEP SCORES…..BECAUSE EVERYBODY IS A “WINNER” !!!!!!!

FROM DEFEAT…..AND NEGATIVITY…CHAMPIONS ARE BORN…LEADERS ARE REFINED……………MEN AND WOMEN FIND THEMSELVES AND LEARN WHAT THEIR LIMITATIONS ARE ! THEY EITHER GET OFF THE MAT WHEN KNOCKED DOWN OR NOT……………ITS WHAT SEPARATES THE HAVES AND THE HAVE NOTS !

How do I know this …..20 plus years of putting on a BADGE and having the lives of men and women under my command as they hit the streets everyday…dealing with situations and individuals that….quite frankly….would it you alive mr. smiff…………………

SO WAKE UP TO THE REAL WORLD………………….!!!!!!!!!!!

Because like you…this team is going to get smacked in the face until they start dealing with some of these issues that are at hand!

157. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Old School, settle down, stop lording your badge over people on these blogs–it’s starting to come together– you think you are superior to everyone. Your position was one of service to the community, not to bully your ideology down other’s throats. Calm down sir! Check out some of your writing– excepting everything as is— what does that mean? Excepting means to exclude something. Try again.

158. By Frederick Jones on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Young School, The reason they have little leagues, where they do not keep score, is for people like you that might out on the field (or ice, or court) and shoot the referee!!!

159. By Frederick Jones on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

go out on the field, that is. typo

160. By Frederick Jones on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

hill

161. By Frederick Jones on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

You can’t say h e double hockey sticks, but you can say HILL!

162. By Frederick Jones on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

You have to earn a nickname like “Old School.” You may or may not have earned it in real life. But on the blog, we are all equal.

163. By Old School on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY , First sir, my position “WAS” one of service to the community?………..Sir, I’m still in that position Sir. I don’t believe at any point during my last post I indicated that I was retired.

I have spent the last 10 years putting together little clues that form a picture and seeing that you have so much time on your hands to posts on this site….more so than mosts……….and the fact that you would take my lasts post as some sort of bulling tactic…….tells me a few things about yourself…….

1,) You either work at home ( But, seeing how much time you have on your hands to posts…….if you do work at home…its not, meaning your buisness or your not very successful).
    2.) Or you don’t work……….your still living with your mother.
    3.) The only thing that I would take from you getting so defensive over my last post……….taking it as some type of bulling behavior….means that you have been scared in the pasts from bulling and that you are quick to jump when you think you are in the presence of such behavior or person(s) who would inflict such emotional trauma on yourself or another.
    4.) Since you were bullied, you never, according to statistics, played a sport.
    5.) Since you were bullied, never played a sport, still live at home with your mother, and you are unsuccessful……I conclude that you are single(Meaning that you have no girlfriend)
    6.) Because of all of that………….you know nothing about life and certainly you know nothing about football!

GOODNIGHT SIR!

164. By Frederick Jones on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

“Get a Life” sounds like something a 6th grader would say. It’s a very general put down that could be said to anyone, but means nothing.

165. By Old School on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Same diagnosis for you Frederick Jones! I have been on this Blog for many, many months before you two and I am respected and I have earned the Old School name.

So, GODNIGHT SIR !

166. By Frederick Jones on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Young School, BSAS is intelligent, you can tell by how he writes his blogs. He has given information on topics ranging from Football to religion to geography to college. Your blogs have only stated ANGRY OPINIONS!

167. By Old School on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

No, Fredrick………….not to anyone….just you two.

HURTS DON’T IT !!!!!!!

GO BACK TO YOUR DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS IN THE BASEMENT WITH THE REST OF YOUR FRIENDS………….!

168. By Frederick Jones on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

You are just angry.

169. By Frederick Jones on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Young School. You are going to learn, we are all equal on this blog.

170. By Frederick Jones on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Dear youthful one,

It appears

that you also

have alot of time on your hands.

171. By Old School on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

STOP CRYING FREDRICK….ALWAYS CRYING…ALWAYS COMING TO THE RESCUE OF YOUR FRIEND……………..

MOST OF US…ON THIS BLOG ARE DOERS….NOT CRYERS!

Take my advice…………………………….go to bed tonight and reevaluate your life……YOU CAN STILL TURN IT AROUND….YOU CAN STILL BE SOMETHING….I KNOW IT’S A LONG SHOT……..BUT TRY AND STOP CRYING!

172. By Old School on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Tonight, I do, I feel that I’m making a difference ! I’m helping you two wayward, young men turn things around! It might be a daunting task……but, because your father’s didn’t do their jobs…I’m picking up their slack!

YOUR WELCOME….BY THE WAY!

173. By Old School on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

CLASSIC……….LOL………..

YOU TWO HAVE BEEN (OLD) SCHOOLED!

LOL !

174. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

I just filled my gas tank for the cold weather coming– wow, what fun has transpired in these few minutes. Old School is a police officer? And I could push his buttons so easily? Yikes, I hope Sir, you are never in a high speed chase, where research shows, with high heart rates and increased adrenaline, the human brain limits functions, and with tunnel vision, the response is not very good– usually results in Rodney King type of beatings. But, you are reacting on a blog this way? Hmmm. You are still in public service? Well, sir, I am the public who hired you to protect my property and life— be respectful. Again, you are lording your “authority” over others and with a numbered bulleted outline of so called “deductive reasoning” you seem to be the one with time on your hands. I have seen a lot of investigations– they seem to follow the path of least resistance and do not inspire me to believe our “servants” have the best analytical or critical thinking skills– because no matter what type of analysis, Sir, you are a bully. I rest my case.

175. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Hey Frederick, thanks for the kind words. I am going to get my exercise in, and then I have to finish some work. But I will check in on you and the others.

176. By Frederick Jones on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, the youthful one has not proven anything to me. My Uncle was on the St. Paul police force for 30 years. He would, for starters, never sign his blog with an lol. lol = little old lady. People can be what ever they want to be on the blog. Old school’s thing is to impersonate a police officer.

177. By Old School on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

As you can see……….as the two “Peas in a Pod” converse !

Who’s buttons were pushed…….?

YOURS !

Oh, by the way, handing out tickets are for Rookies……….
    And I don’t believe in high speed chases……..they put innocent lives in danger…..

I see that I hit the nail right on the head about you two clowns!

178. By Old School on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Hey….. BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY ….Took you awhile to write back…..get off Micro-Word….put down your Thesaurus……it’s your thoughts that make you look inexperienced……….your use of big words doesn’t cover it up that fact when your dealing with experienced individuals like myself…….your not fooling anyone!

JUST YOURSELF !

GOODNIGHT !

179. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

It took a while, youth school, because I was not glued to the computer. So, you were impressed with my writing skills since you thought it required extensive time and research. It did not, though. That was actually written off the cuff with no research; it was hardly close to my best. You may want to double check your own posts, though, they are replete with errors. I see you like to use the possessive pronoun, “your” for the contraction of pronoun and verb-“you’re” quite often. Then again, true old schools spent time in school. Sounds like maybe you just finished elementary. Don’t dance if you cannot match the beat. Outclassed old school.

180. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Hey Fred, that guy is a riot!

181. By Woodboat on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Personally, I find people that engage in online character sniping to be a pain in the backside. Usually they are the type that wouldn’t say a word if the person they are degrading were in the room with them.

So your opinions differ about happenings in the NFL. Big deal. I can’t say that I agree with everything that Old School says, but I find BSAS to be a bit boorish, personally. Something that I learned in high school English was that you should write for your intended audience, not try to impress them with your vocabulary. Geez, here I am joining in the fray! Ah well, I have the peace of mind that comes from the knowledge that I would tell this to you personally, given the opportunity.

182. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Woodboat, you are so right. Thank you. It’s the same on the highways– people drive so rudely and dangerously, but if they were walking, they would be more courteous. We must all remember there is a real human being behind every post and be sincere and polite to one another. Thank you Woodboat for reminding us of what is important. Audience is tied to purpose in writing, though, and sometimes your purpose will trump audience for persuasive rhetoric.

183. By Woodboat on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Back to football…

Lito… I don’t know that anyone here is making excuses for the teams lack of production this year. Not having Rice didn’t help, but going into the season with this o-line and defensive backfield was completely the coaching staffs fault… thank you to our old AND new head coach for that.

Noitcannotbetrue… using Favre as a scapegoat for this failure of a season is easy and weak. Replace him with any QB in this league not named Peyton or Tom and you’d have much the same result. Those guys probably get you 1 more win. He doesn’t get them to the NFC championship last year by himself, and he didn’t get them to where they are now by himself either.

184. By Frederick Jones on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

None of us, starting with myself Frederick…including Young Schooler, BSAS, and Woodboat have taught anyone, anything in the last 10 blogs, or so. Perhaps the point young schooler is trying to make is that a blog is for expressing your opinion, no matter how silly it seems to others.

185. By Frederick Jones on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

It may be the nickname “Old School” that offends more than anything else. Too many people in the 20-39 year old age group call themselves old school. What is really old school? It’s not ipods, computers, cell phones, or DVDs. It was way before those things came out (and now they say that dvds are on the way out).

186. By Woodboat on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Agreed BSAS. I submit to you that your extensive vocabulary displayed here, when compared to others, does come off as somewhat… elitist? ( Not sure if thats the word I’m searching for… my vocab doesn’t rival yours ! lol) My opinion differs from your squite often, but I repect your viewpoint nonetheless.

Actually, now that think of it, maybe I’m the one that is wrong. I tend to disagree with most of the opinions I read on this blog ! :) I find myself scratching my head while reading the raw emotion that spills out on these pages. Do people really mean what they type? Do they even think about what they’ve put down before they hit the submit button? It’s like viewing a car crash some times…..

187. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Frederick, have you noticed when you post an inflammatory comment everyone is scurrying to respond, but when you post an uplifting comment and a thank you, that it is ignored? And people wonder why they receive in life what they do not want.
    Seedtime and harvest– a law that will never cease as long as the earth remains.

188. By Frederick Jones on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

@ Woodboat…I suggest that the blog one submits is seldom a complete analysis of the subject commented on. Therefore it is easy to rip parts of it.

189. By Frederick Jones on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, Yes I have noticed that positive comments are ignored, and negative comments inspire rath.

190. By Woodboat on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

An example of this might be Freds latest post :) What are you talking about? Who cares if this angry man calls himself Old School? Who cares if a 15 year old (not saying he is) uses that to describe himself? What the heck do the latest electronics have to do with the subject? If you are an “old school” guy, are you not allowed to use a computer? Why is it offensive?

I’m not a Woodboat, for example. Is that offensive? Too funny…. :)

191. By Frederick Jones on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

I have to confess that I like to argue. Nasty comments are sometimes funny, and people say dumb things when they are angry. So it’s fun, and also quite humorous.

192. By Frederick Jones on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Woodboat is right. Sometimes attitudes beg a response. You want to wipe out bad attitudes, or attitudes you disagree with.

193. By Frederick Jones on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Also it bothers me some, that people like to brag on the blog. “Hey, I can bench press 2000 pounds.” We have no way to defense that type of comment, and they are putting themselves on a pedestal.

194. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Woodboat! Your who cares diatribe is funny. It works both ways. You care about my vocabulary. Who cares if I have a different vocabulary than you or other bloggers? Honestly, do you want me to put on airs, and think carefully about my language before posting? That would be so arrogant, as though I have to filter what I say– it might be too lofty for others or too academic for the football blog. Nonsense, I will be who I am, and in fact, I am using average vocabulary. We are who we are, and as long as we are polite to one another, anything can be said– at least that is what I propose.

195. By Woodboat on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

I disagre with you guys a to a certain level. I routinely comment on positive posts in a, well, positive manner. Sometimes folks spread the praise where it doesn’t really belong in the readers opinion, and that seems to be the time when the venom starts spewing.

I agree that it is easy to rip up folks posts, my own included. Often I reread them AFTER I hit the submit button and think…. huh? lol

196. By mr smiff on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Old School, don’t worry about me. I do have a life. And no, I’m not a dad. Not yet anyway. And I have a very low tolerance for mediocrity, and I am well aware that we live in a world that keeps score- and not just on a playing field. And I am as realistic and as pragmatic as they come. I know this season has been a big disappointment for all of us. But unlike you, I still believe in this team. I still believe in those players. I still believe in Favre. And until we are well and truly out of it, I still believe in this season. You call it being a puke. I call it having faith. I would also call it being optimistic about the yet-to-be-determined future. You, on the other hand, have been advocating on previous posts that we give up on this season, and play out the rest of the games like preseason matches, and lose out on purpose to get a high pick in next year’s draft. That is a call I will neither respect nor support. I WILL NOT SUPPORT SURRENDER. I WILL NOT BAIL OUT ON WHAT COULD STILL BE A WINNING SEASON. I WILL NEVER GIVE UP ON THE MINNESOTA VIKINGS, NOT NOW, NOT EVER. THE ODDS OF US MAKING IT TO THE PLAYOFFS ARE HIGHLY IMPROBABLE, I KNOW. BUT IT IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE, AND I REFUSE TO JUST LET GO OF OUR DREAM WHEN THERE IS STILL A CHANCE. We don’t make it, so be it. But until then we fight, because THAT’S WHAT VIKINGS DID THEN AND IT SHOULD BE WHAT VIKINGS DO NOW! You said it yourself:
    “FROM DEFEAT….AND NEGATIVITY…..CHAMPIONS ARE BORN….LEADERS ARE REFINED……..MEN AND WOMEN FIND THEMSELVES AND LEARN WHAT THEIR LIMITATIONS ARE! THEY EITHER GET OFF THE MAT WHEN KNOCKED DOWN OR NOT…………….IT’S WHAT SEPARATES THE HAVES AND THE HAVE NOTS!” By your own statement Old School, you have proven yourself to be a “have not”. You don’t have the courage to believe in your team. You don’t have faith that we can overcome all prior setbacks and prevail. You don’t have pride in this team, win or lose. Instead you sp3w negativity all over the place and try to pass it off as reality. Old School, I ask you. How are champions born, leaders refined, and men and women learn what their limitations are if they simply give up? Do you really want them to get off the mat or not? I @ssume by your post that you’re a police officer. If that is the case, then I am saddened by it because it has apparently made you angry and cynical. I refuse to share your sentiments. GO VIKINGS!!!

197. By Woodboat on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

LOL…. hey, don’t get me wrong BSAS, I don’t care what vocab you use. I follow your posts easily enough. SOME ( and I think you know who I am talking about), may get intimidated somewhat by it, though. Those certain individuals may use their somewhat more limited vocab in a , shall we say, more ANGRY manner in an attempt to match you. By no means would I try to change the way you post. I was just sharing an observation, my friend. Post away…

198. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

I admit that too, Fred. Blogs are for entertainment. Seriously, how much of what is on these blogs is taken to Winter Park for analysis and then implementation in team practice? And, like most commentators during the games, the obvious is stated on these blogs – I find football commentators have the easiest job– “Well if they kick a field goal here, and miss, they turn the ball over to the other team. If they make it, their lead will be extended by 3 points.” Really? Thanks for the enlightenment. SO, why not have a little discourse and fun? Why not? If someone goes ballistic, well that is a lack of his/her self control. This is not pee wee’s playhouse– it is a blog on an NFL website.

199. By Woodboat on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Fred, I think you and I are very much alike. You are awesome, too. Welcome to the club. Lol

200. By Woodboat on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

BTW, HOW IN THE H. E. Double Hockey Sticks do you guys get way with posts as long as Mr Smiff just posted? If I take the time to type a well reasoned, thoughtful, uplifting, and completely awesome post that even gets in the neighborhood of that long, the blog never includes them after I hit the submit button. Alas, my best works never get read…. lol

201. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Thanks Woodboat– I was surprised as my vocabulary is not lofty in my opinion.
    Mr Smiff– you go!!! I agree– like I said earlier, the playoffs are looking very dim, but I want to watch us win games. Whether we make the playoffs or not, and even if we have no chance, I still want to watch games where we win, not lose.
    BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That is the Vikings horn for the few that don’t know that by now.

202. By Frederick Jones on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

—Diatribe— Sounds kind of like “Schism” to me!!!

203. By Frederick Jones on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Woodboat, as someone pointed out to me here, vikings.com is looking for swear words. Sometimes even those words that are not swear words cannot get through because the resemble the same format as a swear word.

We have all had long and even short blogs wiped out.

204. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Frederick, don’t create where there is no creation.

205. By Frederick Jones on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

I hate it when I use the instead of they.

206. By Woodboat on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

…shakily raises his hand after reading mr Smiffs post….

Uh, Not that I AGREE with O.S. verbatim, but… you, my friend, are crazy. :)
    Maybe I just can’t muster up your level of optimism, but I can’t see any way this squad makes the playoffs. I don’t advocate laying down for a draft pick, but I’d like to see them make use of the remaining games to see what they have on the roster. Let Jackson start (Lord forgive me for saying this) to prove that he can’t get it done. Let Webb see some action to see if he can. If he can’t, draft us a QB we can get behind. I’d like to see some of these skill players on the practice squad that looked so promising in preseason get a little “seat time” as well.

Non of this will happen with Frazier trying to erase the “interim” from his office door, however. I’ll root for a victory every week for our team, regardless of who is in the jersey. I just can’t say i’m optimistic about the outcome every week.

207. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Hey — If the posts do not go through– use the back button right away– then it takes you back to the post you wrote– then you merely play with it to get it to post, i.e. hyphenate words that look like swear words– you can keep hitting the back button on your operating system till you find the culprit– then if it says duplicate comment– hit back button and change one word.

208. By Woodboat on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Sweet, thanks for the tip, BSAS!

209. By Frederick Jones on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, BSAS, thank you for the blogging tip.

210. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

How do I get to Pee-Wee’s Playhouse?

211. By Frederick Jones on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

I have to shovel the walk. See ya tomorrowm, and hopefully the MINNESOTA VIKINGS will prevail over Buffalo.

212. By Woodboat on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

GL with that, Fred. Not to rub it in (actually I am lying), but it almost got down into the 40s here in Cali today :)

213. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Sometimes this blog reminds me of Psych 101.

214. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Woodboat, you are not with us in the tundra? What is a Viking without snow? It looks like a long winter — but this usually means Spring will come early. The low tonight is suppose to be 1.

215. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Come on Nova, this is more like Psych 301, with patients from lab 101 joining the conversation occasionally.

216. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

A balmy 45 here

217. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

A combination of psych and “what’s my line”.

218. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, a Viking without snow is a Metrodome.

219. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Nova, you get the moderating sea currents to keep you warm- 45, I would be at the beach– have you ever looked at a weather map during the coldest days? I kid you not– Minnesota is the coldest place– a big dip of Arctic air swoons down over all of Minn, and parts of our neighboring states– but it centers over us– far from the coasts, nothing but the Canadian prairie north of us, and the cold swoops down– this is a crazy place to be— we need to have football back outside.

220. By Woodboat on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

No, BSAS, I can’t say that I’m a Minn. resident. Never have been to the state, in fact. Never have seen them play live. My Dad was born in Garrison, MN in ’33 (if that explains anything) and we’ve been VIkes fans forever.

I live about a mile from the beach in N California (think Oregon). Redwood trees and fog, boatloads of rain, and hippies. lol

221. By Woodboat on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

I’m out, cya Gents.

222. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Nice Woodboat. I visited the Redwoods a long time ago. In the mid 70s.

223. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

I don’t know whether Bermuda spoiled me, or the fact that I’m getting older, but each winter I dislike more .

224. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Nova, I don’t mind the winters too much– except that I am such an avid cyclist– that is what really bothers me– but I just spoiled myself with one of the best indoor trainers this week (still not like outdoors) — I have scoped out areas to move to — warmer, but often the cycling is bad because the roads have no shoulders, the traffic is horrible, no bike trails, etc– its all a balance. Two homes would be ideal.

225. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

B.C. is great, but Vancouver was rated last year as the most expensive city to live in North America.

226. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

You can’t even say Chr1stmas on this blog.

227. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

you cannot write glas-ses — I guess the system reads the middle part of that word, but I saw a post on here that said- a—

228. By Frederick Jones on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

NOVA, What’s my line?

229. By Frederick Jones on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Sum o tha pepl ain’t not smatt enuf two take syke

230. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

what channel is the game on? Is it 4? I need to prepare.

231. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Yep– channel 4 at noon.

232. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, I read that article about the jaguar mauling in Belize. The poor guy was trying to protect his dogs. I guess I donated mine not a moment too soon.

233. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Sonja would have taken that cat down, and then grilled it for dinner.

234. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

I really don’t like Sonja’s chances in that battle. The jag may make a meal out of Sonja, but Sonja would get at least a sandwich out of the jag.

235. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

You wouldn’t see me pull a Ray Edwards to break up THAT fight!

236. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

hahahhaha, no I guess not. Actually, in reality, Sonja might get a snack at best-
    I was just trying to brighten her spirit after such a ruff week.

237. By Conner on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Sorry I missed our travel log to Canada for today. I was working, and now watching O.U. and Nebraska. Old School: Switch to decaf man! Do the men and women serving under you refer to you as “Hightower” or “Calahan”? The Vikings know what they have. They have some younger players that may fill roles in next season’s scheme. For now, honor your committment. If someone is getting outplayed in practice, start the other guy. Being negative isn’t the answer. In fact, being negative limits creativity. We learned today that coach Bienemey will be the offensive coordinator at the University of Colorado next season. Unless the Wilf’s instruct Frazier not to worry about wins and losses, and play our younger players, he will stick with the vets in hopes of being the permanent head coach. Now back to pleasent conversation with people who have some purple pride and understand why their is a scoreboard in every stadium.

238. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

It was a lot ruffer on the poodle!

239. By Conner on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

I know so little about Buffalo, other than they could have easily won 5 games in a row. They lost 3 in OT and won 2. They are a pretty young team. Hopefully we start our first 2 game win streak tomorrow.

240. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

That’s an excellent point about Frazier’s having to choose between “W’s” and talent evaluation, Conner.

241. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Does Sonja have a new winter coat by Le Poodle?

242. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

I would think that as soon as they are eliminated (unless we get a miracle) we will start seeing some new faces.

243. By Conner on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

I scrolled back up, and Nova this website does at times serve as a group “Therapy session.” It’s fun to have some banter on disagreements but wow, some folks have anger issues. The light hearted stuff, and positives people see in the team makes it interesting.

244. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

No, but I still see occasional “poodle puffs” in my backyard.

245. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Like I said, Bills are my second team, and any other week, I am behind them. It would be my dream to see the Bills and Vikings in a Superbowl– media would eat it up– which team will win their first Championship? Both 0-4. They rarely seem to both be doing well– I tell you, though, the Bills will be in the playoffs next year. They are a good team and Buffalo is crazy for football– they have been losing far too long and they are ready to break out before the city goes nuts. My grandma loved Jim Kelly— you know, in some ways, he was like Brett Favre– lots of interceptions, kind of a gambler and a laser throw.

246. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Conner, at the end of the day, it’s all fun to me– in fact, when I came back to the boards after stepping out and found some of the rants towards me– I laughed so hard– I do not offense at any of it. Actually, most people get it backwards– the responsibility of whether one takes offense is on the one being attacked, not the offender. If you jump on me, I shrug it off. But it’s all fun. If not, then don’t get in the water, right? How is Iowa today?

247. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Conner, Do you feel lucky, WELL DO YOU PUN&!!!!!!

248. By Conner on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

I think we should evaluate and waive a Baskett and Lewis. Activate two more from the practice squad, possibly Sherrils, and get them some limited game action. Shore up some depth issues in the secondary. I wish we hadn’t traded Benny Sapp. It’s not that he was an incarnation of Paul Krause, but he did play a respectable corner.

249. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Correction– should have read– I do not take offense from any of it

250. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Some people don’t know how to relax.

251. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

None of the early part of the season makes any sense– sure, Camirillo has been decent, but we played Baskett on two plays or so, Moss came and gone– but we are winning now and we can enjoy the wins the next few weeks– don’t worry, next year will be here soon enough. Who will be our quarterback for the next 10 years is the big question.

252. By Conner on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

I wish I could remember more “Dirty Harry” lines. They always cracked me up… Iowa is here, 15 degrees and light dusting of snow. Our town Polar Bear Plunge is tomorrow. I’ve avoided holiday shopping to this point. My Husky has the thickest coat of her 6 year life, which I hope doesn’t mean a bitter cold winter. No one wants to see a Viking / Bills Super Bowl. It would end in a fuy or missed field goals! HA!

253. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Nova, I am so relaxed it’s not even funny– in fact, I am going to get something sweet now to eat.

254. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Did you guys like my Clint Eastwood?

255. By Conner on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Correction: It should have read “end in a fury of missed field goals.

256. By Conner on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Nova: It’s like in the movie “Stripes” when Francis goes on a rant about wanting to kill people, and the Seargent says, “Lighten up Francis!”

257. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

It would end 2-0 on a Greenway safety.

258. By Conner on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, I caught the Clint Eastwood. But now that we know your age it’s more the “Gran Torino” Clint Eastwood than the “Dirty Harry!” HA! It’s all good…

259. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Lets hope it never gets that bad!

260. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

This Oklahoma- Nebraska game is tight.

261. By Conner on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

I’ve wanted to see more creativity from our Vikings schemes throughout the season. Tonight I’m watching Nebraska try every trick play like they are Boise State of the Big 12. It worked early in the game, but late in the game it’s hurting them instead of playing sound. One thing I could live without hearing is “The Black Shirts” of Nebraska. They may wear black shirts, but their panties are pink!

262. By Conner on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

OU has 7 sacks, and Nebraska has a humungous O-line. Maybe a smaller more agile line is the answer?

263. By Conner on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

One thing that has made watching football on television a lot better is the gold, first down line they put across the monitor. It is suprisingly accurate. On NHL broadcasts do they still put the red flare on the puck? I only watch the one outdoor game each season for the NHL.

264. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Fox tried that flame thing years ago, but then must have realized how incredibly stupid it was. I guess you could say it flamed out.

265. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

My name is not no one.

266. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

It is insane, college football’s break from now until the title game.

267. By Conner on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Chris Cook out was the head of this blog: I’ve read several comments so far this season about Chris Cook’s play or development so far. Could it be that Harvin being the rookie of the year last year, has made it more difficult for him to be judged fairly by us (the fans). He’s still young. He has had injuries, and he’s more exposed by not having Cedric Griffen out their to work along side of him. Also, our safeties have had a lot of nagging injuries and missed games.

268. By Conner on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

BS &S did you get that humungous living room vacuumed today after the bike ride?

269. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

It seems like he’s always hurt.

270. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Is that 7 miles one-way, or return?

271. By Conner on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

The break until the bowls is a good thing for the teams. The players heal up. Most have finals to take in the next 2 weeks. Then off to the bowl game. I hope in the future the top 4 teams have a two week playoff for the championship. This year’s national title game isn’t until January 10th. Good luck starting the year with 11 days off or coming in late 11 days in a row. HA! My favorite national title game was Texas vs. USC but it was played out West, and didn’t get over until 12:30 or 1:00 on a Monday or Tuesday night. That next day was rough at work.

272. By Conner on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Who’s always hurt? BS & S or Chris Cook?? HA!

273. By Conner on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

When the Vikes get their new stadium, will it be another dome, or an outdoor stadium? I thought the Twins were going to have a rough beginning and end of the season due to the outdoor stadium conditions, but I’m happy to report I was wrong on that one, and it is a phenomenal stadium!

274. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

It’s two hours rougher here, Conner.

275. By Conner on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Nova: You’ll have to come watch your Countrymen Jesse Crain, and Justin Morneau and see the new Twins stadium.

276. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

I hear the stadium is fantastic, what a much better venue to watch a ballgame!

277. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

A Canadian won NL MVP, Joey Votto.

278. By Shawn on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

By BSAS ,

WOW That is exactly how I feel about our Judicial system from the bike cop to the judge … I APPLAUDE YOU. I dont think I couldve written it that well

279. By larry2 on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

This has to be the WORST football blog I have ever seen in my life!

280. By Shawn on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

lol oops i cut it off anywayz … you get the point and WELL SAID SIR WELL SAID

281. By Shawn on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

IM A BANANNA!!!!!!!!!!

282. By Conner on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Our special teams need to start playing better on their coverage. Punts and Kickoffs are a nightmare. Will the coach possibly put some starters on these cover teams? I feel the guys are hustling, but once the return man breaks the first line of containment, Kluwe and Longwell are all that stops them from getting their own sweet treat. Oh’ by the way, where did BS&S go for his treat? He’s been gone a while. Maybe the 7 mile living room isn’t a joke.

283. By Shawn on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

@CONNER , our special teams is another area with injuries and whenever you take number 1 away … everyone else looks weaker …. been a tough year throughout

284. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Shawn, I don’t think larry2 appreciates the fact that you’re a banana. I, however find it fascinating!

285. By Shawn on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

IM A BANANNA!!!

286. By Conner on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

larry 2 you have to remember the Vikes don’t give us anything new the day prior to the game to discuss. Most of the actual football talk was yesterday. Today leaves us college football to comment on. More speculation. We also get used to each other and start to chide each other on non-football issues. Tomorrow at 3:00 it will be hopping with positives and negatives of the game, and hopefully a Viking win.

287. By Shawn on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

I always miss the good stuff …

288. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Larry2, you also have to remember that we don’t give a shi&.

289. By Conner on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Nova: Are their any dominating, spectacular, football players in the CFL that the Vikings should look to import to the NFL?

290. By Shawn on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

GAME OF THE YEAR TOMORROW ….

When the Buffaloed Bills come to the DOME and get whooped by the VIKINGS!!!!

fingers crossed =)

291. By Conner on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

To improve the blog, I almost wish they would look up a retired player and do a profile on what they are doing now? Ask them how this years team compares in offense, defense, and special teams to the teams they played on. And, ask if they’ve ever been to Belize, had a pet jaguar, and how far they could bike ride in their own living room.

292. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Conner, to tell you the truth, I don’t know. Last week’s Grey Cup was the league’s 90th, I haven’t watched one in 40 years. I would rather watch Carolina and Arizona. The CFL is, in my opinion, a 3rd rate bush league.

293. By Shawn on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

lol conner

294. By Conner on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Keep the positive MOJO coming Shawn. I kind of feel like the guys in Major League 1 who are out in the centerfield seats pounding the victory drums.

295. By Shawn on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Its one of the leagues guys go when the NFL is full

296. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Touche,Conner.

297. By Shawn on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

and once every 10 or so years a Doug Flutie makes it back to the show … I think the Dolphins have the latest … Cameron Wake

298. By Conner on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Nova: Does the CFL sell out their stadiums? Have they ever considered playing it in a similar format to American football? Occassionaly, A good player gets their chance in Canada and gets noticed by the NFL. The Vikes Kenny Onatualo- (I know that is spelled wrong, but you know who I mean.) played in the C.F.L. , Warren Moon, Jeff Garcia, Ricky Williams when he was detoxing from the herb.

299. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

They leave the NFL early to get a good seat.

300. By Conner on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

I’ll be back, I have to click on another website to check on something for our holiday trip. I’ll be back shortly.

301. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Going back to the days of Joe Kapp. The league occasionally sells out, especially out west, but the stadiums are 3rd rate outside of Toronto, which NEVER sells out.

302. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

Wow, you guys are going BLOG CRAZY– maybe we could write a movie.
    Thanks Shawn for the compliment, but it was nothing– old school fell right into his own trap– it was easy to respond. And wait a few weeks when my living room really grows– you might think I am in the Avatar movie, as I bike 50 miles. I am thinking of simulating a century so come spring I am dominating outside– that is 100 miles in my living room. I will have to drive the car to check on my cooking.

303. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

As for the different rules, the CFL considers them “unique”, not realizing that they are just plain stupid.

304. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 4, 2010 | Reply

In the CFL, the end zone is bigger than most parking lots. It can be 1st and goal from the one, and you can throw the bomb. You also can get 1 point for a missed FG, or if the ball is punted through the end zone. 3 downs. Ugly, terrible football.

305. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

They also thought it would be “unique” to make the field 110 yds. long.

306. By Conner on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

At one time I watched it because ESPN covered it for a year or two. I know their are the following teams. Edmonton Eskimo’s, Winnepeg Blue bombers-(Bud Grant), Hamilton Tiger Cats, Toronto Argonauts, Calgary Roughriders. Sasketechewan “Cat scratch fevers!”

307. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Not bad. It’s the Calgary Stampeders, Saskatchewan Roughriders, Montreal Allouettes and B.C. Lions. There used to be a team in Ottawa called the Roughriders, too. 9 teams, two with the same name. Sort of “this is my brother Daryl, and this is my other brother Daryl”.

308. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Shawn, I think I might be a banana, too.

309. By Conner on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

I flip over to Speed channel, and they have a monster truck race from last summer at the Metrodome. Our culture is evolving back to the caveman.

310. By Conner on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

With Bienemy leaving at the end of the season to take over his duties at Colorado. He deserves a great deal of credit. He has worked with a great back in A.P. and to this point, has helped him overcome his most glaring weakness, FUMBLES. I wish Coach Bienemy all the success in the world at his Alma Mater, and thanks for making a great player bettter.

311. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

I hope whoever replaces him gets along with A.P. and Toby.

312. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Anyway, time to check out. Easy Rider is on. KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLBBBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

313. By Conner on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Looking to next year, we need to sign Greenway. Edwards can test the market. Sidney Rice should be signed, but not at top dollar. He’s had one truly great season, and then the injury. Still, a much better investment than Troy Williamson. Load up on corners, safeties, and O-linemen. Pick a free-agent that shows the skills to make a big impact, and take a run at them. With Favre probably retiring for good to make “Something about Mary” sequels, and sell Wranglers with purply-green rhinestones in the shape of the number 4 on the butt. A lot of money is freed up. I at first thought it was dumb to let Rosenfels go to the Giants, but the Vikes know what they have in TJACK and Webb.

314. By Conner on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Nova: IT’s only 2:45 A.M. your time. Get back on the blog. We’ll even talk Canada. Are the Mounties anything like Walker, Texas Ranger???

315. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

No, they are more like Dudley Doright, Royal Canadian Mounted. They only wear those red outfits at ceremonial occasions, and if they pull you over,they are usually pric&s. The French ones always are.

316. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

You realize, Conner, that I had to go make another rum and pepsi. Heck with it,sleep is overrated.

317. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Dennis Hopper was always a nut, but an excellent actor.

318. By Cheesquake on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Look for Favre to have a huge game run defense by Bills is awful and will set
    up the pass.

319. By Cheesquake on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Troy Aikman on NYC radio said: The two teams he would not want to play
    are Dallas and the Vikings. They’re out of it and are playing relaxed.

320. By Woodboat on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Conner, Conner, Conner….. :)
    They let Rosenfels go because they didn’t want to carry 4 QBs. They were obviously keeping Favre, had too much time invested in Jackson, and would like to see if Webb *might* develop into something. I don’t think they are banking on either of the latter being the long time leader of this team.

I think they need to keep Rice and Edwards (why would you let him go?), and Greenway is a must. Rice has been injury prone (bad luck?), but when he is on the field with a QB that can get the ball near him, he ranks among the best in the league.

I totally agree with targeting DBs and O Lineman.

321. By Woodboat on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Cheesequake… Yeah, I’ll bet the Bears aren’t really looking forward to the next match up :)

322. By Jason Vesely on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Why don’t the Vikings go play in the Golden Gophers stadium for the time being and get their proposal going for a new stadium so they don’t have to move to L.A.?

323. By Frederick Jones on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

From deep in the Jones Archives:

JUDGE: Do you promise to tell the truth, and nothing but the truth so help you God?

WITNESS: Yes I do you’re ugly. And I would really like to sleep with that lady who’s a member of the jury. Should I go on or are you going to ask me questions?

324. By Jason Vesely on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

L.A. really doesn’t understand how a franchise is to be supported. That market really blew it with the Rams. And then was able to lure the Raiders to come there, and the same thing, blew it with them. L.A. is one city that can survive without the NFL because they’ve got enough sports teams that make up for it they’re more of a college town anyway when it comes to football, with USC and UCLA and will throw their support at that before the NFL.
    I hope the NFL rules, if a move happens that Minnesota keeps the Vikings name and colors, as well as the history- and an agreement in principle that a new stadium gets built the NFL awards Minnesota an expansion team- (Just like how it was handled with Cleveland) let the old team move to L.A. strip the history (like when the old Cleveland team went to Baltimore) rename to something else, and change its colors altogether. (like when the Houston Oilers moved to Nashville and re-named to Titans)

325. By stinky pete on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

PLLLLLLEASE bench Favre.

Thank you.

326. By Vikeman1 on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Nova Scotia, at least the CFL does not have whiners like Randy Moss making 8 million a year when they are over the hill and quit on plays regularily. They have a 25 second play clock which speeds things up which is good. Probably too fast for most Americans as we like slow boring sports with tons of statistics. eg: baseball. I do not like only 3 downs though, not enough of the running game. The wide field is nice but the endzone is too big I agree. No yards penalty on punts is a good one. You cannot fair catch a punt, you must run it back. Fair catch is lame. Pretty sad that hockey can’t catch on down here is most states. It is probably the fastest, most exiting, toughest sport in the world. Again though, it is too fast for most Americans. Sad, stupid people.

327. By Aboriginal Asiatic Moorish Viking on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Go Vikes!

328. By Aboriginal Asiatic Moorish Viking on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Frazier will lead this team to glory!! Watch!!

329. By DRS on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

I would remind everyone of when the Seattle Sea Hawks had a few games lead over the Vikings to get into the play off just to lose their last few games letting the Viking in to the play offs. Anything can happen.

2. Dec 3, 2010: Chris Cook Ruled Out; Several Others Questionable | Vikings Stop Blog