Bagley Talks Stadium

Posted by cjsiewert on November 30, 2010 – 7:44 pm

On Tuesday we conducted a live chat with Vikings VP of Stadium Development/Public Affairs Lester Bagley right here on vikings.com and a number of pointed topics regarding the issue of a new publicly-owned stadium for the State of Minnesota were covered.

Here’s a rundown of what was talked about, paired with Bagley’s comments…

Recent election results and the impact on stadium efforts:
“Leadership of the new house and senate majorities as well as the new Governor have indicated that this issue needs to be addressed and will be on the agenda. While there are certainly tremendous challenges and other priorities, the one issue that brought candidates for office together was creating jobs and as you know, this will create 13,000 jobs, including 7,500 construction jobs.”

Location of new stadium:
“In terms of where we’re at with sites, we are completing our due diligence on a number of potential stadium sites. Some in Minneapolis and one suburban site. No conclusions have been reached and we’re working to bring forward a package with a single site as soon as our work is completed and as soon as the new legislature and the new governor are ready.”

New Collective Bargaining Agreement and its effect:
“We are confident that a new Collective Bargaining Agreement will be reached. The NFL has experienced labor peace since 1987 – longer than any other professional sport. The CBA negotiation is a short-term matter, while we are seeking a long-term solution to build a publicly owned facility that will benefit Minnesota for the next several decades. Let’s not delay the work that needs to be done, as the CBA issue will be resolved.”

Where the Vikings would play if construction were on the Metrodome site:
“That issue would only be in play if it is determined that the Metrodome site is the ideal site. If that’s the case, we would need to engage in conversations with the University of Minnesota about access to TCF Bank Stadium. Again, we are completing our due diligence on sites and no conclusions have been reached. Stay tuned.”

Versatility of the new stadium:
“There is strong support across the State for a multi-purpose, year-round facility. Adding a roof makes this a state-wide asset and benefits the State of Minnesota – we need to have the important conversation about how to pay for the roof. While it might be great to have outdoor football again, we need to look at maximizing use of this publicly-owned facility – a facility that would host high schools sports, amateur sports, a Super Bowl, NCAA Final Four, etc.”

Keeping the Vikings in Minnesota:
“The Vikings will commit to signing a lease that requires the team to play its games in the new facility until 2045. The Vikings belong in Minnesota; nearly half the population of this state – 2.5 million people – follow Vikings games each Sunday. For many families and friends, watching Vikings games is a strong tradition. This is our 50th season and we hope to have another 50 in Minnesota.”

Possible resolution date:
“As noted, 2011 is a crucial year. The Legislature runs from early January to late May, and this is likely to be resolved later in the Legislative Session. In terms of next steps, we need to continue our productive discussions and forward progress with State and local leaders, we need to complete our due diligence and bring forward an ideal site, specific project costs and a funding plan. Again, the State has significant priorities but we need to move this forward. We need your help to build the public support that it’ll take to push this over the top.”

Tags:
Posted in All, CJ Siewert | 74 Comments »

74 Responses to “Bagley Talks Stadium”

1. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 30, 2010 | Reply

Please don’t move.

2. By Shawn on Nov 30, 2010 | Reply

There is no better home for a Viking organization than Minnesota ….

3. By PurpleParody on Nov 30, 2010 | Reply

I’m amazed that a new stadium would convince the Vikings to sign a 30+ year lease! The current stadium isn’t quite 30-years old yet and it is long overdue for being replaced. But maybe the new stadium is designed with the foresight to allow it to be rennovated and improved to meet future needs.

4. By edrod1255 on Nov 30, 2010 | Reply

i live in california and i dont want the vikes to be anywhere else but in minnesota!!

5. By Justin on Nov 30, 2010 | Reply

I am very confident that the Vikings will get their wish. We hate to see such a team with a loyal following move to a bankrupted state like California.

6. By wisconsinvikesfan on Nov 30, 2010 | Reply

I really hope the Vikes stay. I wish I could vote on the subject but I live in Wisconsin. I think its illeagle for me to vote in Minnesota.

7. By Todd Forcellina on Nov 30, 2010 | Reply

I am a season ticket holder for 10 plus years and I live in Connecticut. This stadium issue needs to get done! The Vikings are Minnesota, they belong to that state and the fans no matter where they live! Dont be fooled people of MN., if the Vikings leave they will not be back. This wont be another Cleveland situation. DONT LET THAT HAPPEN!

8. By Bleeding Purple on Nov 30, 2010 | Reply

com on MN lets get this done. Its crucial to the state they stay here

9. By PurpleParody on Nov 30, 2010 | Reply

Wisconsinvikesfan – there are Packer fans that live in MN and I’m sure that they all vote, even though that MUST be illegal too! Don’t worry about it, just do it!

10. By Frederick Jones on Nov 30, 2010 | Reply

It would be nice if the Vikings could stay in a remodeled Metrodome. However, parking should be addressed.

11. By Frederick Jones on Nov 30, 2010 | Reply

Elrod, Thank you for your comments! I’m amazed someone from California would want the Vikings to stay in MN!

12. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 30, 2010 | Reply

I swear to all of the truly loyal Viking fans….If we don’t get this Stadium deal done, I will move out of the state of MN. I am a born and bred MN, but I will leave the state if we don’t get this done. I will not see another home town team (MN North Stars) leave.

13. By Frederick Jones on Nov 30, 2010 | Reply

Sue, Lester Bailey (Vikings VP) seems determined to get a stadium in MN, with a possibilty of playing in the U of M Stadium until the new place is built. The Wilfs showed lots of patience with the coaching situation, to the chagrin of many Viking fans. That shows that they may not pack up trucks and leave in the middle of the night like they did in Baltimore.

14. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 30, 2010 | Reply

Frederick, I believe that the Wilfs want to keep the Vikes in MN. I just hope that MN government understands the imprortance in keeping the team here. I believe in this team so much and just hope the “positivity” they have found can have an impact ,

15. By PurpleParody on Nov 30, 2010 | Reply

Sue – don’t forget the MN Lakers. I admire your passion, and wish I could make myself leave the state if the Vikings do as well. But with family, friends, and foundations that are stuck in the state, I’m just going to have to smear the reputation of any of the people involved in the state decisions for the rest of my life instead.

16. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 30, 2010 | Reply

Purpleparody, I have had several job offers in other states. but my family kept me here. My dad, who taught me everything I know about football, died last year. I have loved the Vikes 4ever, but after the “Stars” left MN, I can’t get into hockey anymore, it’s justt too hard. I cna’t lose the Vikes too.

17. By fireD childress on Nov 30, 2010 | Reply

Fred is right, by firing Chilly, the Wilf family made a statement that they want to stay in Minnesota. if they would of waited until the end of the year, that would of been a bad sign as far as the team staying in Minnesota

18. By kraze k on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

edrod- I agree with you. I also live in Cali but raised in MN and to me the Vikings need to stay in MN and not come here to this buried-in-debt state of California. Besides they have enough sports teams they can’t afford another one and they don’t need another sports team. For God sakes keep the Vikings in MN. MN is where the Vikings belong. The Vikings mean a lot to us MN Vikings fans no matter what state we live in.

19. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

The Wilf model is of consistency while staying the course– I said this before– they have no intention of taking the team elsewhere– They are not going anywhere, everyone calm down. There is an incredibly strong fan base here, a very marketable franchise to a niche audience— come on Vikings in Minnesota? Who would sell eggs without toast? The economy is vibrant and much stronger in Minneapolis than many parts of the country and the government, being very liberal and liking to spend taxpayers’ money, will get a stadium built. Now, with my last point, I have never understood how a business can ask its customers to pay for the infrastructure of their business, and then ask their customers to pay an entrance fee– i.e. tickets to the game. Can you imagine a restaurant owner asking a city to pay for the building, the kitchen equipment, the carpet, furnishings, landscaping, parking lot, etc– and then taking money from these same people when they want to eat? I understand the stadium brings revenue to the city, but come on! Let these billionaire owners build their own business.

20. By fireD childress on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

i think Wilf said he would pick up 30 percent of the stadium tab, that is very good, most owners only pick up 20 percent. there are a few owners in the nfl that could not afford to build a stadium, as their net worth is just over a billion. the Dallas stadium cost 1.3 billion

21. By D Keranen on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

I agree with PurpleParody. Yes the Stadium is about 30 yrs old it would be a shame if the Vikings left just because of this. If new stadium is built the designers should have a eye on what can be done to renovate it as economically as possible, so if the Vikes sign a 30 yrs lease start a renovation in 15yrs but at this time the team should kick so money on this to, it is just like a aptartment you live in for a few years who is responsible for the upkeep the renter or the landlord.

22. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, the grocery store sells eggs without toast.

23. By viking/lakers Purple&gold on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

sorry .. the vikings are commming to L A the boat is on the WAY!!! NO MATTER WHAT!!!! I TELL THE TRUTH EVEN WHEN I LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

And the corner store.

25. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

viking/lakers, which waterway are they sailing on to get to LA?

26. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

And the gas station.

27. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

And the market and the…………..

28. By Tim on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

if the vikings are forced to move out of MN i will blame this state and will never become loyal to another sports franchise for the rest of my life.

29. By Tim on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

that is in minnesota

30. By Frederick Jones on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

FireD Child, My point about the firing of the coach was that the Wilfs stayed with him for a long time. Most fans were after him when the Vikings record was 1-3 this year. They didn’t fire him until he was 3-7.

The Wilfs have patience and hopefully will not pull a Baltimore Colts, and leave at midnight for LA!

31. By ed olson on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

i live in CA. i grow up in MN. Plezz dont move my team. The world will end if thay do. pleeeeeeeeeeeez Dont MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMove.

32. By Woodboat on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

I’m in Cali as well, and have NEVER seen the Vikes live, much to my chagrin. That being said, I’d rather they stay in Minn rather than move to LA. So Cal will never support the team. If it was such a good market for an NFL team, why did the Rams leave? Why did the Raiders move there then move back to Oakland a short time later? LA has the Lakers and USC football (which will return to dominance at some point…), they don’t need or really want an NFL team.

33. By Woodboat on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

BSAS… I agree with the sentiment of paying for there own establishment, but I don’t blame the NFL teams for the situation. When cities/states are willing to bid for the team to play in their area, it would be bad business to turn them down. Using your restaraunt analogy, if you wanted to open a steakhouse and different towns wanted you so badly they were willing to pay you to open it in their area, you take the bid for the town paying the most both now and in the future.

34. By buffalored on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

So here we go again. I thought rape was against the law. We are going to be raped by the NFL and the Vikings for a new stadium. it will create some temporary new jobs during the construction, but when that’s done, the jobs will be gone again. If the NFL & the Vikings need a new stadium for the rich to get richer, let them pay for it. Let those who use it pay for it. How will this benifit the entire state of Minnesota? No one has addressed this question yet.

35. By Woodboat on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Apparantly there are investors in So Cal that think they will get paid if they can get the Vikes to come to LA, and are willing to lay out a bunch of cash to see that it happens. It’s up to Minn investors and/or taxpayers to effectively outbid them or face losing the team. If the Vikings can make substantially more cash by moving the franchise, they would be foolish not to.

The twin cities are home to some pretty large corporations with some pretty heavy hitters at the helm. Step up and get this Minn. stadium deal done, folks.

36. By Woodboat on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

If it comes to a vote here in California concerning a tax increase to build a new stadium for the Vikes, I would HOPE that it would fail miserably.

37. By buffalored on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

But wasn’t that paid for by the owner himself?

38. By VikesfanNO on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Born in Minneapolis moved to New Orleans in the 80′s, remained faithful to my Vikings. Haven’t been to a home game since 1983. I want to come back to MINNESOTA to see a home game get it done. I would have no reason to be an NFL football fan if the Vikings leave Minnesota lets not spoil it for all us faithful Vikings fans Skol Vikings!!

39. By NDPurple on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Unfortunately, in the nature of the new NFL, if a team does not get a majority of the revenue stream from their stadium (gate, parking, concessions, suite revenue, etc) they fall behind in their earnings potential, and the amount of funds they have available to pay the players that they need to keep to be competitive. The NFL salary cap is a sliding cap, with the stadium revenue tied into it, along with TV revenues and other sources. The current Viking stadium puts the Vikings in a serious disadvantage when it comes to creating revenues to keep a competitive team on the field (if memory serves correctly the Vikes were 30th in revenue in the last Forbes review of NFL teams, with only Jax and Buffalo behind them). So if the Vikes want to stay competitive, they would need to upgrade the stadium issue. Why do you think Jerry Jones built a new stadium-he already had one of the best stadium revenue streams in the NFL with the old Texas stadium?
    As for the impact of the Vikings games on the Minneapolis/State of MN-just look at the past posts from season ticket holders from out of state. I am guessing that when these peope come in for a game that they may stay in a downtown hotel, and go out for several meals/refreshments/other entertainment. Or if they fly in they may rent a car at the airport, or use a taxi service, etc. A new stadium would have more concessions, which would need more workers, more vendors to use, etc. All you need to do is look at Target Field to see the impact of a new stadium on a franchise, especially in the next few years as the Twins see the increased stadium revenue.
    And now my book is over……….Vikings passion took over

40. By Justin on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

The Vikings confirmed that they were contacted by 2 LA groups this week about the Stadium issue. One was by AEG and another by that Ed Roski group. It appears that until the MN stadium issue is resolved, Los Angeles will keep the Vikings as their #1 priority.

41. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

I have had enough! Time for some nitty-gritty reality checks, folks. The threat of moving the team to L.A. lurks in the minds of all the loyal fans. So, they want to hold us hostage to extract money for a stadium? Let the organization be loyal to the fans. I am telling you as I said a few posts earlier– what business takes money from their customers to build their building so they can make a profit? I understand the stadium helps the local economy– but where do you think the 700 million to a billion for a stadium comes from? Our pockets folks! You want a better economy– allow people to keep their earnings. Fact– the average American works from January through May of each year– just to pay all the taxes that we pay– after that we can keep the rest. Let Zygi and these owners who are billionaires (yes, firechild, I know how much the stadiums cost and I know about finances) pay their 20-30% down and then pay back a loan just like you and I do for a house– that would ensure a better product on the field and better concession quality — because the business would have to profit to pay their monthly mortgage. Enough said. I for one am not going to fall apart if the team moves– I am way more balanced in life– a lot more important issues than football. If they want to scare us into taking hundreds of millions to pay for their profit-machine, then let them move, let’s take that money and make sure no child goes to bed hungry.

42. By Parry on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Lets cut the cost and build a Football Only OUTDOOR Stadium like the old Metropolitan Stadium.. Lets get back to playing TRUE NFC NORTH Football. Outdoor games in the snow are the best, and would keep us in line with Green Bay and Chicago when it comes to playing in the cold.

43. By ozzinator on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

I totally agree with you BSAS.

44. By Justin on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

@ Parry

Except we probably won’t host a Super Bowl.

45. By Rocksalt on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Well said NDPurple………

46. By Rocksalt on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

If MN fans agree with the scenario posted by Be Sane, then it is very likely the team will move……..That is the REALITY of the current situation in pro sports……..is this fair to the hard-working fans? Not really, but Reality is not by necessity, fair. Billionaire owners are in it to MAKE MONEY……..that is how they got to be rich……..
    MONEY TALKS and BS WALKS……….

47. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Thank you Ozzinator– I may be in the minority on this site, but I am sure if we did a global poll, we would see 95% of the world agrees with my post. The 5% that disagrees would be the people that have no life outside of football and the owners of the teams.

48. By Parry on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

I personally don’t care one way or the other about hosting a Super Bowl. Given the typical January – February weather, I don’t see them getting a Super Bowl anyway. Although I am sure the Wilfs would like to see it, but if there needs to be a happy medium, its worth looking into. I am a big fan of outdoor, all weather football, and when the Dome was built, I was deeply disappointed.

49. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Money talks in both directions, Rocksalt. By not funding a stadium, we say– Your OUTTA HERE!! Did you see the team lay down and die against Green Bay? That killed any chances at a playoff run– if they really wanted to get rid of the coach, they should have won against Chicago and Green Bay, and then lay down against Wash and Buffalo. They are all making millions on our wallet, and do they care about us? This is no longer a sport of passion, but of profit. They are holding fans in an emotional noose, a hostage situation. Provide a new stadium so we can make millions, pay our athletes millions– or we leave. What kind of a tradition is that, anyway. I say ENOUGH.

50. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Correction, sorry— You’re outta here. Your is a possessive pronoun.

51. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Rocksalt, the reality is fans put up with it. Empty all these stadiums and we will see how quickly they manipulate their fans. Fact — what happens to you in life the first time, well, you are a victim. If after that, you allow it– you are a volunteer.
    The fans allow this nonsense– I have way too many interests in life– my life will not be poorer without football. I have had enough– I am outta here.

52. By NovaScotiaVike on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Having followed these guys for 43 years, I can say my life would be poorer without football, and I know I am not alone!

53. By Woodboat on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Bye Be Sane. I like the passion but expecting the Wilf’s to pay for a stadium in Minn when there are groups in LA that will pay the bill for them ISN’T sane, frankly. Rocksalt is correct, this is a business. I’m not saying that tradition and a desire to stay in Minn don’t factor into the decision, but they are only going to carry so far in the arguement. In the end, money generally wins out in business decisions.

54. By Woodboat on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

In rereading your last rant, you accuse the team of holding us hostage. I believe you are on the wrong course. They don’t care one wit about YOU, me, or any other individual fan. The team didn’t make a calculated decision to lay down for Chicago and GB… their morale made that decision for them. Don’t let your hero worship for these guys cloud your judgement, folks. To us it’s our RECREATION, to them, it’s their JOB.

55. By Justin on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

I’d say if the Minnesota legislature don’t pass a bill by May regarding a stadium for the Vikings, then I think it’s certain that the government here don’t want the Vikings anymore. No matter if the citizens of MN want or demand that they pass a solution, our voice won’t be heard because government is too ignorant. Sadly, this whole issue has a political tone to it.

56. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Woodboat– what don’t you understand????? MAN– Read my post again– and don’t put a spin on what you think I am saying or where I am coming from– I know I made the points you are saying I do not see— They don’t care about me or you– EXACTLY WHAT I WROTE—
    AND RIGHT– It’s a business– EXACTLY MY POINT! Let them move! Why would you keep frequenting a store or restaurant if they don’t care about the customers.

As a business owner, I know business is about relationships– bottom line

57. By wipurplehead on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Justin, you seem like the type person that really likes to stir the pot! Would you happen to be a packer fan that gains joy from posting like you do. Your comments are mixed with half truths and misinformation. Why don’t you add to your little tripe that neither stadium has the backing of the city. The downtown location is far from even gaining EPA approvals. The rural location is not wanted by anybody but the landowner. Plus with the rural proposition, the owner wants controlling interest in the team and there is no owner that wishes to give up his/her team. One other thing you seem to be leaving out of your ranting, is the two teams that are being looked at are their own Raiders and 49′ers which are both playing in much older stadiums. Plus the Jags are the only team being looked at for economic reasons(lack of sellouts) and the owner there doesn’t want to give up the control of the club. Even Cali’s own representatives have stated on camera and in print, that they feel that by the time all the hoops are gained, the NFL may even be agreeable to expansion.

58. By wipurplehead on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

To all posters that are stating that this “Cali” site is going to be paid for completely by the owners, you could not be more wrong. They are awaiting the completion of the new “CBA” and how the new agreement is going to cover funding by the league! There is also the “Collisium” that is fighting for the site to continue through a major remodel. And it too has the backing of some of the city officials because of the historic play that has hosted there. Bottom line is no owner to date has funded the entire bill on any stadium. The “CBA” is going to be the first hurdle for any further conversation on any building project.

59. By Justin on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

@Wipurplehead

I just try to comment realistically and logically. I’m not a type of person that tend to cause trouble. So lay off man.

60. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

@ Justin– I have a feeling he confused my post with yours– I was the one on the rant.

61. By Justin on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Sane, he addressed me specifically in the first post he made.

62. By Justin on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

If he did mistake my post for yours, he really should apologize for the mixup. That is, if he comes back…

63. By PurpleParody on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

BS – what is going on with you? I thought you were a Vikings fan. I thought you wanted to pass yourself off as intelligent. An intelligent person would try to see both sides of the issue, but you don’t even seem to be trying to address the potential positives that could come from a new stadium. Potential like all the other venues that can go on at the stadium besides Vikings home games. Potential like bringing a Super Bowl to MN, last I heard those bring in a LOT of revenue for the state. Potential like the tax dollars that the stadium would generate to literally pay for the money that the state spends to build it.

How many other things that the state spends money on actually generate money to pay back its cost? Do prisons? Does the No Child Left Behind Act actually help the state build revenue? What good is it really doing by spending so much extra effort to make sure that people (whose best jobs will be managing a fast food joint), graduate with their friends? Do you know that we are paying people a full time salary to baby sit a single child all day long, who can’t even feed him/herself? What good is that doing us?

I say build the stadium and stop wasting money on these lost causes. It might be a good idea to cut the military’s budget down to a fraction too, but that’s a whole different branch of government.

64. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

PurpleParody— Of course, it was a simplified and watered down argument, but I wanted to throw a few points out there in the thought pool. What really frustrates me is that the season was thrown away in those last two divisional games, especially the one against Green Bay– the fighting amongst the players– we know that was because the professionals were ticked off that others had given up, A different coach in one week halfway through the season did not change their talent– they could have at least kept the Green Bay game close– 31-3? Come on! If every player had the heart of Peterson, Harvin, Favre, Greenway– I would build the stadium myself– and a nice one too.
    By the way, have you ever imagined what would happen if there was no military in this country? There are plenty of elements in the world that would be doing some unthinkable things to us.

65. By DRS on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

PurpleParody; I am a veteran of both the Army and the Navy. 1980-1987. why is it that your type can only think of is is cutting the military? I bet you could not live on what we had to live on. Why don’t you want all the rich owners in the NFL to pay their own way? Are you one of them who think it is great to bail out banks and give benefits to them who break the law? While veterans go hungry in the street?! Just because the NFL can black mail States in to giving them sweetheart deals on their stadiums, does not make it just. Question; Has the Minnesota dome ever paid for itself?

66. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Thank you DRS, thank you. When I sit in one of our nice peaceful green parks in the summer, sometimes I imagine how surreal our peace and prosperity is— if there were no military, our enemies would be all over us– so much ignorance out there as to how many different religious and ideological elements hate us– and they use our own population to further their own cause— they brainwash our young and old so they can infiltrate our society– beware.

67. By PurpleParody on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

DRS – I get the impression that you agree that we should be spending our tax dollars to invade other countries and force our form of government on them. I don’t. If we were to cut back on that alone, we would be saving LOADS of money wasted on military.

Now I don’t agree with the government bailing out all the banks, car companies, and all the others that would have otherwise had to declare bankruptcy either. I don’t know if they broke the law or not, but the simlpe fact that they made stupid decisions and failed means to me that they don’t deserve any sort of reward for it.

On the personal side of it for you, and you’re going to hate me for saying this, but I don’t know why you and your gun toting buddies are unable to find a steady job right now. I’m not about to guess why that is either, but I also don’t believe that simply because you decided to help enforce America’s power hungry appetite for a few years should give you a free ride for the rest of your lives. If that’s what you wanted when you joine dthe army/navy then you fooled yourself. Nowhere did it say, in fine print or otherwise, that American taxes would make certain you had a happy life after you decided to put down the gun. Just be happy that you weren’t one of the unlucky ones who died before they could walk away from the armed forces.

68. By PurpleParody on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

And by the way, DRS, that was by far and large NOT the only thing I could think of doing is cutting on military spending, which you would have realized if you read anything more than the last paragraph in the message.

69. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 2, 2010 | Reply

Thank you DRS for your service to this country.

70. By Rocksalt on Dec 2, 2010 | Reply

Be sane-
    Once again you reveal your true pedantic “blow hard” approach……..95% agreeing withn you world wide REALLY??? have you conducted worldwide polls or other research to support such claims????
    BTW-What happened to the JUST THINK POSITIVE STANCE????
    If you TRULY think that you can take or leave the VIKINGS, then you are indeed a FAIRWEATHER FAN………

71. By DRS on Dec 2, 2010 | Reply

PurpleParody: We all now know you are one of them pink-o communist. If it was not for us gun totting freedom loving people, you would be goose stepping at this time! BTW who says I do not have a job? You must be one of them pink-o college professors who never held a job in its life! By your thought processes no one should get any money from the Government. Why should you get anything just because you worked for a company, or a collage? According to you, anyone who supports the military is not to be supported. Hey every one! PurpleParody does not support you! Because all work supports the military and the military supports you! Pay your Taxes so you can keep them Communist running your life. Keep them in the collages, and remember to support you local millionaire NFL owner. Hey PurpleParody I do read all you junk and find it to be a elitist attitude. Help the poor rich NFL owner. Give welfare to them NFL owners who by the grace of their presence may give jobs, if the Government will give the NFL owners a free or reduced price stadium. PurpleParody what will you do if a criminal tries robe you and you have no Gun? He has a knife and may kill after he takes your money? What will you do then? I do not hate you. I just feel sorry for you.

72. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 2, 2010 | Reply

DRS— don’t waste your time, the man is brainwashed like so many in our culture– and the enemy does that so they can infiltrate our systems– if we try to stop them, oh, then we are accused of discrimination and holding power over others– the oppressor over the oppressed– it is an ever-growing revisionist argument– yes the man does not even understand his own ideology– you are so right, if not for the military, we would be oppressed by our enemies– and they would do savage things to our women and children— what ignorance!!!

73. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Dec 2, 2010 | Reply

Rocksalt– it is probably higher than 95% — I was conservative so I would be accurate and not in error. The world does not revolve around the USA– last I looked we are 300 million out of 7,000,000,000 people globally. 90% of those people probably have never watched an NFL game. Brainwashed.

2. Nov 30, 2010: Bagley Talks Stadium | Vikings Stop Blog