Defense Returns To Form

Posted by cjsiewert on November 29, 2010 – 10:10 am

In Sunday’s 17-13 win over the Redskins, the Vikings defense got back to the basics and returned to its stout, run-stopping form that we’ve come accustom to over recent years.

From 2006-08, the Vikings ranked 1st against the rush and were 2nd in that category last season. On Sunday, the Vikings allowed a season-low 29 yards on the ground, turning the Redskins offense one-dimensional. Redskins QB Donovan McNabb and Co. turned to the aerial attack, which opened up playmaking opportunities for the Vikings.

With the Redskins pinned deep in their own territory after a Chris Kluwe punt – which I might add Kluwe is playing at a Pro Bowl level this season, so be sure to cast your vote – the Vikings were given perhaps the biggest playmaking opportunity of the game. Following the punt, McNabb’s pass intended for Santana Moss bounced off his chest high into the air and Vikings middle LB E.J. Henderson came down with the ball, making a diving acrobatic INT.

The INT set up a 31-yard FG by K Ryan Longwell with credit going to the defense for coming away with the turnover to put points on the board.

And when we analyze how the defense returned to form on Sunday, the most profound aspect of their dominant play was that of the front 4. McNabb was constantly pressured all day and that came by way of the Vikings defensive linemen outmuscling Washington’s offensive line.

As a group, the front 4 registered 3.0 sacks. Jared Allen improved his sack total to 7.5 on the season (6.5 in his last 4 games), Brian Robison notched his 2nd of the season and 3-year veteran Letroy Guion registered his first career sack.

Also, putting a halt to any sort of offensive momentum for the Redskins was a difference-maker in the Vikings first road victory in over a year. After the Redskins opening drive TD, here’s what the Vikings defense forced Washington to do for the remainder of the game: punt, punt, punt, sack to end the half, punt, punt, INT, FG, FG and punt.

By my count that’s 6 punts and a turnover without allowing a TD, and if the Vikings defense can continue this trend for the remaining 5 weeks, opposing offenses are going to be throwing fits in trying to score.

Tags: , , , ,
Posted in All, CJ Siewert | 183 Comments »

183 Responses to “Defense Returns To Form”

1. By Silverfox2dallas on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

YESSSSSS this is a defense and this is what they have been doing, putting the ball back in the offense hands and it only makes you wonder what would our record be if we had this run first philosophy all year which we should have knowing we have the best running back in football and drafted a great talent to help carry the load. but its not too late we can win every game on our schedual no doubt!!!!!

2. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

One game at a time. Focus only on Buffalo now– One game at a time.
    Favre in 2011!!!!!!

3. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Favre 2011. Intense conditioning with a trainer– get in the best shape of his life– bring back Moss– come on Zygi, start writing checks.

4. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Carrot juice and cross training for Favre– and report to all of training camp. That would make for a Favre of epic ability. Favre 2011.

5. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

6. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

What a great game plan yesterday– funny, had Chilly called it, everyone would have said too conservative. The big difference Frazier brings is respect— Frazier respects his players— and in turn, because you get what you sow, the players respect Frazier. The players are more relaxed and do not feel they are in a Soviet internment— and it showed– they had fun and an attitude to win. SEE, people, it’s not so much the calls, or the talent— it’s attitude.

7. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Where’s Frederick Jones?

8. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Sound the horns of winning!

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

(Viking horn shaking like thunder).

9. By SmileyStar on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Hoping to see Brett “the legs” Favre in 2011! That was a great win!! Thanks Zygi for firing the real cancer!!

10. By Dave on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

My oh my, how a win silences these blogs lol!! Come on back, this is my form of entertainment :-)

Skol Vikes!!

11. By Dave on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Bsas

I’m begining to think you offended Fred… Haven’t seen him back in here since your comment lol no offense..

12. By DRS on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

See, it takes a team to win and/or to lose a game! Not just one player. Now one coach can make a winning team or a losing team. Coaches can be good one year then bad the next. History is full of this type of examples. Go you new Vikings!

13. By Zeke on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Way to go Toby!! That was a great effort by everyone! Finally, we are once again playing Vikings football! Adrian, rest up and feel better. And Brett, excellent job protecting the football. I think his run surprised everyone including our own sideline! We needed this so badly. Congrats to Leslie too, you deserve it. Now if we can focus that positive energy onto the Bills we should win that game too. The Bills do play hard and we need to continue to do the same. You could just see a totally different energy on our sideline this week. I’m so proud of everyone! SKOL VIKES!!!!!

14. By Fan since the 60's on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Thw win was nice…maybe even important for team morale. BUT….isn’t it time to see where we stand for next year. If Favre cannot make a committment to return next year and report to all training camps then let’s find out what we have in T Jack and Webb as well as some other key positions so we know what we have to do in the draft, trades, free agency, etc. I know it’s probably important for Frazier to get a few wins but that’s should not management’s main concern right now. Let the past go…build for the future.

15. By Fan since the 60's on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

…….And speaking of the future….we better get a new stadium if the Vikings are going to stay in Minnesota.

16. By Justin on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Sorry to burst your bubble, guys…

Brett isn’t coming back next year. His body won’t hold up another 16 (or more) games next year.

17. By Justin on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Sorry to burst your bubbles guys but….

Favre isn’t coming back next year. His body won’t hold up another 16 (or more) games next year.

18. By Chilly4Life on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Had the Vikings been playing against even one receiver who could catch the football the game would have been different.

19. By Justin on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Blog posting my comment twice, ugh…

20. By xvike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Well i am pretty sure that the vikings know tjack probably isn’t the answer. I think he is a solid back up. Childress was tjacks #1 fan and now that he is gone, theres a good chance that Tjack might not ever get another shot at starting qb, not with the vikes at least. I too would like to see what he has learned from just watching the game the last 2 years but that probably won’t happen because iron man Favre is going to finish the season like he always has. My guess is the vikings either go after a qb in the draft or they trade for one. If vick gets an extension from the eagles, i don’t see why the vikes shouldn’t try to get Kolb. Kolb would be a better fit because he has experience playing at professional level and our guys aren’t getting any younger. if we draft a qb, we may have to wait 3-4 years b4 he starts playing well enough for us to make a run at the sb, and by that time, most of our key players may b gone or may not b in their prime anymore. but thats just my opinion. what do u guys think?

21. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, Hope your holiday was a good one. I traveled quite a ways to see my family. It was alot of fun to see the the VIKINGS WIN.

22. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Hey Frederick Jones is in the HOUSE!!!!

23. By Purple08 on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

@saneandserious: you comments are totally the opposite of your name. Bring back Favre and Moss? You must be insane and/or joking. Or just plain F’n stupid. I cannot beleive that there are still people out there that think Favre can still play. He has cost us two seasons with his B .S. and you want him to come back and destroy another one. What if he doesn’t get along with the next coach? Should we keep firing coaches until Brett has his way? Maybe we should let Brett be coach and QB. And Moss?? You are joking right? Holy F uc k! You people are stupid. Brett Favre is a joke and an embarras sment. Randy Moss is a p unk who should not be in the hall of fame because he is such an as shole. I’m tired of all your idiotic comments. You won’t have to see my comments on this blog again, don’t worry. I love the Vikings but a high percentage of the fans that blog on this site are either teenagers who don’t know any better or just a bunch of r etar ds who get their opinions on life and the world in general from watching television. This is the last time I will waste my time on this blog. Thanks to the few people I have enjoyed verbally jousting with over the last few seasons. It’s been fun but there are simply too many idiots out there and life is too short. Good Luck. Up yours Brett Favre, I hate your guts. You made football not fun anymore.

24. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

I heard more than one person complain about Favre on the radio AFTER the win over the Redskins. Why complain when we win.

25. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

I am among the few people who thing Tavaris Jackson could be a great QB. It would be wise to bring in veteran for this position next season. But what about drafting a lineman or defensive back? We have some age in those areas, and I would think that is where are priorities for the draft would be this year.

26. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Purple08, you would be very surprised at who I am–very surprised. But thanks for your OPINION.

27. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

@purpleo8 … That is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard and I think we may all be a little dumber for just hearing it. I will admit I couldnt make it all the way through your nonsense … looks like Moss was right and we fired Chilly and won …. Moss is the second best Viking reciever of all time so HAH

28. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Frederick– many of these people would not know what to do with their mouths, if they could not complain— except of course as a receptacle for cheap beer!

29. By xvike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

jeez purple08. i think everyone here is entitled to their own opinion, are they not??? And yes it is true that there are a bunch of morons in here. You just have to deal with it and ignore them. If you do that you are fine. I honestly think that childress was right with getting rid of moss. I don’t know why he even went out to get him. But favre shouldn’t come back next year. He’s given this organization a lot but i think its just time for him to quit playing. His age is definitely showing this year. The thing is, what is he going to do after football? I would b surprised if he still has a family to return home to after all that stuff that happened with jenn sterger…..

30. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Shawn, don’t waste your breath on that nonsense– notice all the swearing in that rant—- people swear when they lack articulation, and they lack articulation because they have no understanding of what their point is, nor any substance behind it. And calls me dumb? Ha, ha, ha.

31. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

People who think Chilly was right for getting rid of Moss , might want to rethink free speech … because MOSS WAS CUT FOR TALKING … AND I BELIEVE IN FREE SPEECH WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT

32. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

I got your back BSAS , even though there may be a day we disagree again, your good people

33. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Here is how I see all Moss haters and Chilly …

1. they dont care about winning
    2. they dont care about free speech

There may be a forum on girlscouts.com for them to talk about how sad it is when people cry …

34. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Be aware that there is a large group of media that will attemp to distort the truth to make a story. Read Joe Montana’s book “Audibles – My LIfe In Football”
    Joe and the author explain how biased the media can be in order to produce an interesting story. They had Joe Montana pegged as a drug addict. Any time he played bad, the media would say it was because of drugs.

35. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Players and coaches have to be very, very careful because they can often be misquoted.

36. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Remember the Vikings “Schism” last year. This was invented by a writer to discredit Brett Favre’s influence on the Vikings last year.

37. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Our wonderful media has done the same to Favre, Childress, Moss, etc. this year. Alot of what is being written is false, and even made up sometimes.

38. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Im done now … I know Moss is human and suffers from foot in mouth but nobody else in the league has 2 guys on him for the whole game …

39. By Justin on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

I think we all should of saw how the formula of Childress and Moss wasn’t going to work. You have a conservative coach with a energetic Wide Reciever. That spelled trouble from the beginning.

40. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

The way Frazier deals with the media is great. I hope he can keep them happy. The media just looks for a story. If there isn’t one, they often make one up!

41. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Funny, Moss and the Titans just got shut out. Moss would have had a better chance at the playoffs here— Shawn, it sometimes takes a disagreement before you truly know who your friends are– -I learned early on that if you can survive an argument, then you know you have a true friend.

42. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Yea he has a 3rd string guy throwing to him now … and you cant judge Moss from his stats , hes a guy that opens things up for other players …

43. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

At this point, Favre is guilty of nothing!!! Maybe he will be proven guilty later. Until then, anything written about “the situation” is probably hype.

44. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

@Justin … now that is a fair a’ssesment

45. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Moss is suppose to have told the Wilfs to get rid of Childress. I say that is hype coming from some puny little reporter trying to create a story to prove how “powerful” he is.

46. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

I would like to see Favre one more year.

47. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

You hear alot of these “truths,” and often find out they are lies later. Lies have speed, the truth has endurance.

48. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

I might like to see him in a back up role tutoring whoever we draft and coming in when the rook gets banged up … but you can see the differance from 40 to 41 and I suspect it might get worse …

49. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, Favre said he was retiring after this year. He said that in his first presser, so I’ve got to believe it’s true.

50. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Shawn is right, injuries are worse as one gets older!!!

51. By xvike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

WOW fred… I mean really? Favre is guilty of nothing? You must really love him to say that. The man admitted to the phone calls. Have you heard the voice mails he left for her? We all know what his intentions were. Its like you are saying that a person who had admitted to killing someone is innocent just because he/she hasn’t been proven guilty through court yet. You know that he’s guilty yet you refuse to believe that he is.

52. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

OJ ?

53. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

xvike please dont get me started about the hypocrisy in our “justice” system … cops and prosecuters lie more than anyone …

54. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

The allegations are that Favre sent racy photos and voicemails– only part of that did he admit, and honestly, we do not know where his heart is, so we have no room to judge. ALL of us— ALL means ALL have fallen short– different name, different mistake, but we all have our own shortcomings. I forgive the man.

55. By Vinnie on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

I was at the game…our defense looked even more dominating in person…what a great win….when AP went down they taped him up and he had his helmet on standing next to bevell then went over to bienemy i knew he was trying to convice them to put him back in….he knew he would run for 200 yards on the deadskins joke of a defense…the best part of the day is when fare ran for that game killing first down how quiet that stadium got…..it was so great…i hate the redskins just as much as i hate the packers and bears

56. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

the skins were the first team i ever hated … I think it was the 87 playoffs they beat us …

57. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

I agree BSAS, whether he did or not, it none of our business … I mean seriously WHO CARES besides Deanna?

58. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

and I find it suspicious that a whole year went by and the first anyone heard of it was the week we were going to play the Jets … seems fishy to me

59. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Vinnie– were there a lot of Vikings fans there? It seemed like at times I heard a lot of cheering when the Vikes did something.

60. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Exactly my thoughts– in fact it was I think 2 years ago, and then a few days before we play the Jets– hmmm. I don’t believe in coincidences.

61. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

I think Favre as a back-up would be great– plus he could be played at any time– so teams would be thrown for a fit when the hall of famer walks on the field after halftime. Imagine allowing him to rest his body– but do some extreme conditioning– he could nurture our future QB, but also be in prime condition if we need him when we get into the playoffs. Plus, gives him something to do — it would be great for him– throw him a few million and a chance at a Superbowl.

62. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

xvike, I am aware he admitted to the calls. What I meant was that he is not AT THE MOMENT guilty of the other stuff. You might be surprised at what some of the LEGENDS OF THE GAME have been caught doing. Like BSAS said, all of us are guilty of sin. I just hate what some of the media does to get a story. They ruined Brad Childress (beginning in 2006).

63. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, I wonder if his body heals enough to do extreme conditioning.

64. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

lol BSAS that one of the reasons I hate our “justice” system there is 0 common sense involved … and I know this is a football matter but sexual harrasment gets real stupid … and i know it happens but its not as much as its claimed

65. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

sexual harrasment is pretty much the type of thing if your accused you dont have a shot … 0 common sense

66. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Well, not to make light of it, but why would she wait so long if it was so horrible? From what I have seen in my lifetime, if a woman feels she is harassed, she blows a trumpet immediately–but here, she waits two years plus– if Favre had no money, would she be saying anything?

67. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

exactly and lucky for Favre she isnt really pushing it or he would be scre’wed … whether he did it or not, from what ive got out of it , shes just anthoer nobody trying to get money from somebody … youve heard people talk about a settlement … hmm could that have been released to scare Favre to settle

68. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

A lie has speed, the truth has endurance…..YMCA saying

69. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Our cops and prosecutors … do not get raises or promotions for discovering the truth they are awarded/rewarded , given raises and promotions, for arrests and convictions with no consequence for twisting the truth or lying

70. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Shawn, I assume you mean they just get more money for winning a case than losing one. From what little I have seen of court rooms, it seems that they do everything they can so that the TRUTH does not have a chance to get out. There seems to be so many rules. ( You can’t say this, or do that, etc.)

71. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Fred I mean exactly what I said … Judges start as lawyers if your a prosecutor your job is to prosecute dont believe everything you hear or see on TV … it is not about justice they are humans with family’s and if your job depends on convicting someone you wont care about the truth ….

72. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

The differance between a prosecutor and a defense attorney is a prosecutor can say anything without consequence and a defense attorney can be barred

73. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

that last statement isnt 100% true its just that its easier for a prosecutor to lie than a defense attorney …

74. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Shawn, Man I agree with you that the prosecuter can say anything, and also object to any beginning statement by a defense attorney. He also can bar witnesses. “She can’t say that, she knows better than that…” Unbelievable!

75. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

I just firnd it reprehensible to have innocent people in prison, and also find it far worse to have an innocent person in prison than a guilty person free

76. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

I think a prosecutor that loses 10 cases in a row but found the truth should be rewarded more than a prosecutor that did whatever it took to win … its just not set up that way …

77. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

our justice system is kind of like football … JUST WIN BABY!!!!!!!!

78. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Shawn, You are right, lots of people wind up with prison time when they are innocent. Perhaps its set up that way because alot of people do not want to be the prosecutor.

79. By Conner on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Our secondary did a better job, but not exactly lock down stuff. Antoine always plays well, but doesn’t get much action to his side of the field. D-line came to play and hustled. Kevin Williams (Who I’ve criticized numerous times this year) ran 25 yards down field to tackle someone. The Redskins had no running game to speak of even before the game. Not even a back with a hyphenated name that could run for 100 yards. Better hustle all the way around. We have to start healing some guys up and getting back to full strength. It was a great drive to end the game. You could see where Frazier appeared more approachable and into all facets of the game. Special teams needs to be more disciplined on their coverages.

80. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Canada lost a great ambassador, and the world a great comedian yesterday with the passing of Leslie Nielsen. I was lucky enough to meet him in person years ago when he visited Halifax, and my life has been all the richer for it since.

81. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Nova have you ever seen a grown man naked?

82. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

The secondary started doing a better job once the d-line began putting a little bit of pressure on the QB. Frazier will not get into the battles with the press that Childress did. Brad Childress got a bad start in 2006 and made the press, fans, and some players dislike him.

83. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Surely you must be joking, Shawn!

84. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Leslie Nielson, awesome comedian. The scene I liked best was when he pushed OJ down the stadium stairs.

85. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

and don’t call me shirley!

86. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

I am serious and dont call me Shirley ….

87. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

yea I know that wasnt leslie line but i had 2

88. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

He was just like that in person too, except for pushing people down stairs.

89. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

That baseball scene was the greatest

90. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

What was O.J.’s name? Northgate, Northrop, Norther?

91. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

I believe it was Nordberg, something Scandinavian.

92. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

I think “Airplane” was one of the funniest movies ever made.

93. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Since the Monday Nighter is such a dog tonight, I might just watch Airplane. The girlfriend will be happy.

94. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Sonja is a fan of Nielsen, eh?

95. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

I don’t go for redheads in women, just dogs. But touche, BSAS.

96. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

I don’t go for dogs in women, either!

97. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Well, Nova. that was too tempting — how rare for such an entrance? I do say, that was a funny one, and from your response, I can see it hit on a several levels.

98. By mr smiff on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Leslie Nielsen was from Canada?

99. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

No redheads, no dogs, but what about what happened to that Poodle? Ever get thrown on your back?

100. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

One of our finest, Mr Smiff.

101. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

mr smiff– it sure seems that way– I can see it–lots of Canadians are actors.

102. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Yes, BSAS, but luckily, no stitches involved!

103. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

John Candy, Lorne Green,the list goes on and on. We’ve produced some great ones.

104. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

What about the singers/musicians—lots of them from Canada.

105. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Peter Jennings, of ABC News fame, was Canadian.

106. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

From Anne Murray (Nova Scotia) to the Guess Who.

107. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Nova, Thanks for filling me in on O.J.’s name in the Naked Gun movie. Nordberg sounds right to me.

108. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Can’t possibly forget Neil Young.

109. By Dawnwisconsin on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Viking Players what a great game!!I viewed the speech in the locker room with the New Coach and owners! Great to see fresh air just what this team needed.
    And Mr. Favre..I dont care what Purpleman says about you..you will be a man ten times the man than Purplemania. It brought tears to my eyes when I seen you hand the ball to the coach and said “THIS IS FOR YOU” that had to make Frazier feel real good. Frazier is wanted by the players. Brett it is to bad your not going to enjoy the season next year with a new refreshing coach. Just keep giving your 200% this year so you can finish on a high note.
    GOING TO MISS YOU PLAYING NEXT YEAR, BRETT”

110. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

No problem Fred, might watch a couple of those tonight as well.

111. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Now how do we deal with the fact the Vikings are actually favored against the Buffalo Bills! At least I assume they will be favored. It really does look like the Vikings have a shot at winning the rest of their games.

112. By Conner on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

I’m hopeful this week won’t be a soap opera around Winter Park. No more Sterger, Childress, Moss, so-so catering. We’ve come off a good win, now enjoy it, heal up, and prepare for your next win against Buffalo because they are playing great right now. (Let me re-phrase that, they are playing their best right now.)

113. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

My b’um is on the rail
    B’um is on the rail
    Look at me
    my b’um is on the rail!

My b’um is on the man
    B’um is on the man
    It’s a lot of fun to put your b’um on a man!

My b’um is on the step

114. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Favre in 2011

115. By Conner on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Nova Vike! How could you leave off your list Brian Adams, Corey Hart, Gordon Lightfooot, (Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald could have been our Viking theme song this year.) I used to rock out in the 80′s to Loverboy and ALDO NOVA! Not bad, aye?

116. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Not a big fan of Brian Adams and I don’t brag about Nickelback either!

117. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

EH, Conner. Aye is for a Popeye.

118. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

While we are on the topic, you guys can have Justin Bieber if you promise to torture him.

119. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Slowly.

120. By Conner on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Frederick these last 5 games are going to be tough. The Bears look a little more for real after containing Vick. The Giants are still iffy. The Eagles do not have Samuels and Hobbs is expected to retire due to his recent neck injury. We have to contain Vick and learn from the Bears. Detroit is competing each week, and Stafford is going to be an excellent player when healthy. Sean Hill is adequate but not great. Buffalo should have beaten Pittsburgh, but their receiver dropped a wide open pass on his hands in the end zone in overtime. This could be even more fun than being a front runner. As long as the troops play hard every snap, and grind out as many wins as possible. Control of getting in the playoffs is not at all in our hands though.

121. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Control of playoffs are not in our hands, but that is irrelevant– we still have to win out to have any chance.

122. By Conner on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Nova: WE DEFINITELY WANT SHANIA TWAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We’ll trade you Lady Gaga and a tabloid freak to be named later.

123. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Shania Twain and Celine Dion for a Super Bowl, you can keep Lady Gaga!

124. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

I hope God didn’t say “You’re welcome here surely” to Leslie Nielsen!

125. By Conner on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Where do they have to play the Super Bowl? Halifax??

126. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

If they can play one at the new Giants Stadium, they can play one here.

127. By dryes on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Dam right, Leslie Frazier. Pound the rock, play to your strengths, have fun and trample the other team. This is a good coach!! VIKINGS KEEP FRAZIER!! I’ve been saying that for weeks ” run it down people’s throats til they choke and give up the big plays” Frazier is the future of the Vikings. IF we keep him we will win the superbowl. Chilly wanted his players to change their styles to fit his narrow vision. Frazier is more aware and stays present because he’s not worried about his ego. Whether or not we make the playoffs the Vikings have a genuine hope now.

128. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Conner, I agree with you that these next 5 games could be tough. I do think the Vikings could realistically win all of them. I sure didn’t think that was true before this week.

129. By Silverfox2dallas on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Moss wants to come back now that Childress is gone i swear if you look at what he has said about MN, he said he loved it here and made this his home he loved being back so much, and is quoted saying that “you never know what the future holds, right now I’m a Tennessee Titan but you never know what next year will hold” Minnesota deserves a ring and Randy Moss no doubt deserves one.

130. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Told you Fred– jump on board the believer train.

131. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Yes, Moss will be here next year and Favre too– and all the players, and while they open their mail to check out their AARP benefits, they will study film of the opponents. Seriously, I think Favre should come back as a high priced backup to mentor our future QB, and to step in, if need be. This would be his first year not playing every game in 20 years– it could be very advantageous to have a completely healthy Favre come in for the playoffs.

132. By Justin on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

I think Wilf would have to offer Favre a raise if he wants Favre to come back…

LOL

133. By Justin on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

And on the topic of Neilson, I never did see Airplane. I remember catching alittle of the Naked Gun series though.

134. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Justin, rent it. You will pi$$ yourself laughing.

135. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Did anyone notice there’s no packer fans on here tonight? Why is that? I wonder………….

136. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

@Justin … OMG you have to see airplane TONIGHT it cant wait any longer …

137. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

I prefer dramas to comedies.

138. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Don’t be so serious, Serious.

139. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

My God Arizona is brutal. It would have been totally embarassing to lose to them, but if we had, Chili probably would have been fired earlier.

140. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

The girlfriend is making a big deal about the little tear in Sonja’s ear. Sonja is looking at her like “you should see the other guy”.

141. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

I do– I sit through comedies only to appease my date– I even went to Mamma Mia — now is that a good boyfriend or what?

142. By wisconsinvikesfan on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Hmmm, defense back to form… kinda makes me wonder if those defensive players threw that Greenbay game so we could have a real coach. (if so thank you:) )

143. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Mamma Mia, are you INSANE????????????????????????????

144. By wisconsinvikesfan on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Favre would never come back as high priced backup! He has said in the past that he has no intention of coaching.

145. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

I would rather walk through a kennel wearing pork chop underwear.

146. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

You are right wisconsinvikefan, no “Backup Brett”.

147. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

BSAS … watch a movie called … My Dinner With Andre …. good stuff

148. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, you can watch the entire movie on youtube.

149. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Have you seen it nova?

150. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Shawn, no I haven’t, but you’ve mentioned it a couple of times on the blog so I think I’ll check it out on youtube. Is it a comedy?

151. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

I will say the first time I watched it I laughed my a** off, but NO IT IS NOT A COMEDY … I have watched it 2 times since then and have it on my DVR right now

152. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

I dont want to ruin it and once you see it youll understand … the name says it all

153. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Mamma Mia is not so bad– cinematography is excellent and ABBA– man greatest band of the 70s.

154. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

and I have mentioned it specifically for BSAS … I think he might really enjoy it, however his girl will be out within 15 minutes is my guess

155. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

I’m more into Zepplin.

156. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Will my gf like it Shawn? (not that it matters)

157. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Gonna eat and study film from Sunday so I can tell Coach Frazier what to do against Buffalo.

158. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Zepplin, Floyd, Megadeth are my favorites ..

159. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Nova she will be out within 15 minutes …. there is not a lot of action

160. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Out within 15 minutes eh,……….PROMISE?

161. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

yes Nova I swear …

162. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

I’ll keep that in mind for a future opportunity, she’s here for the night, but I owe you one.

163. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

honestly i may be building it up to much … like I said the first time I couldnt stop laughing just had to see what happens next … and when it was over I had no idea what happened so I watched it again with a girl who was out in like 15 minutes and I actually liked it …. tried to watch it with my mom another time but i started laughing every ten minutes for no reason

164. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

information like that is priceless, if used properly!

165. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

She’s asleep, I’ll take a “sneak preview”.

166. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

its hard not to laugh when you see it with someone …. even more so if youve seen it

167. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

I just watched the first 10 minutes of it. I really don’t know which way it’s going. Buddy reminds me of a grade”B” George Costanza!

168. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Dinner_with_Andre … probally best describes it

169. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Ziegler of Frisco just got demolished on the kickoff team.

170. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Thanks my friend. I will watch that tomorrow. Going to call it a night and wake up the girlfriend, if you get my drift. I’ll probably end up with a slap,but after that it only gets better. Take care!

171. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

Forget it Ill talk … I was laughing because the whole movie is a 2 hour conversation … and it made me keep watching because I could not imagine them sitting there another minute yet as time continued to tick away there they sat and I sat for 2 hours … if you like philosophy, its actually a good movie, some deep thought in it

172. By Shawn on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

nite nova

173. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

R.I.P. Leslie.

174. By Justin on Nov 29, 2010 | Reply

I’ll try and see if I can get a hold of a copy of Airplane. But unfortunately, a snowstorm is upon us and I don’t think I’ll be heading anywhere tommorow.

175. By Old School on Nov 30, 2010 | Reply

BFD……..WOW…….THE “D” SHOWED UP AGAINST THE REDSKINS…..WHAT A FEAT !

COME ON PEOPLE…ALL WE DID WAS MOVE DOWN THE DRAFT BOARD !

176. By Shawn on Nov 30, 2010 | Reply

@oldschool … um who cares about the draft board …. AS AFAN IM JUST HAPPY TO WIN …. WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!

177. By DRS on Nov 30, 2010 | Reply

Nice win Vikings! Now on to the next win! Fan since the 60′s, Where would the Vikings go? No State has the money to build anything. States can not make payrole so how would they have money to build something for a team? Why not have the owners build their new stadium? Purple08. Your a nut, not a man makes a team. You must be a lover of the childress to be blinded by the need of a player like Moss & Brett.

178. By DRS on Nov 30, 2010 | Reply

Old School, there is more the the DRAFT BOARD. Besides the young player, (most of the time), takes to long to train into the NFL. Better to let someone other then your team train them, then pick them up when they know what they are doing! I am somewhat tired of the Vikings being the training team, are not you? The only good thing I see in drating in the tradability of that player.

179. By DRS on Nov 30, 2010 | Reply

Sorry that should have been then not the.

180. By DRS on Nov 30, 2010 | Reply

What is it with this PC. It likes to put in or leave out letters it likes. That should have been drafting.

181. By DRS on Nov 30, 2010 | Reply

that should be is

182. By DRS on Nov 30, 2010 | Reply

Is it this pc or is it the site? Now, on to the next win. Once the Vikings became a team that played as a team they won. Not a man, a team makes. See what a new locker room attitude dose for a team. Now only question is, will it continue for the rest of the season?

2. Nov 29, 2010: Defense Returns To Form | Vikings Stop Blog