A few interesting stats to look over as you wait for kickoff of today’s Vikings-Redskins game…
– Leslie Frazier’s 1st career INT came against Tommy Kramer and the Vikings on November 28, 1982, which is 28 years to the day from his 1st game as a (interim)head coach of the Vikings.
– DE Jared Allen now has 78.5 sacks since entering the league in 2004, which ranks 5th among all all NFL players for the most in the first 7 seasons. Allen surpassed Bruce Smith’s 78 in 5 years.
– G Steve Hutchinson can block for his 10th consecutive 1,000-yard rusher (had a 1,000 yard rusher in each of his 9 previous seasons) if RB Adrian Peterson rushes for 20 yards or more.
– TE Jim Kleinsasser can block for his eighth 1,000-yard rusher if Peterson rushes for 20 yards. Kleinsasser has blocked for 4 straight 1,000-yard rushers.
– Kleinsasser can move into 2nd place for the most consecutive games played by a Vikings TE. Currently he has played in 90 consecutive games, which ranks 3rd and trails Brent Novoselsky’s 91 (2nd).
– K Ryan Longwell can move up the NFL charts for career FGs made. Longwell currently ranks 16th in NFL history with 333 FGs made. He can tie George Blanda (335) for 15th place with 2 FGs.
– Peterson has 49 career combined TDsin 55 career games. With 1 TD, he can move into 7th place in Vikings history, tying Sammy White with 50 career TDs.
Tags: Adrian Peterson, Jared Allen, Jim Kleinsasser, Leslie Frazier, Ryan Longwell, Steve Hutchinson
Posted in All, Mike Wobschall | 2 Comments »