Vikings-Redskins Broadcast Info

Posted by Mike Wobschall on November 26, 2010 – 8:56 am

This weekend’s game will take place in Landover, Maryland, which means Vikings fans who don’t live in that area must find ways to take in the action via radio and/or television. Here is the pertinent info you need…

– As usual, we’ll have a live chat here on vikings.com during the game. We’ll launch the chat just before kickoff, so be sure to join us.

– The game will be televised by FOX, featuring Dick Stockton (play-by-play) and Troy Aikman Charles Davis calling the action. Charissa Thompson will handle sideline reporting duties.

– There will be no national radio broadcast.

–I recommend tuning in to either KFAN-AM 1130 or KTLK 100.3 FM to hear Paul Allen call the action and Pete Bercich handle the analysis. Greg Coleman is the sideline reporter. Also, Mike Mussman will anchor the pre-game show, which begins at 10:00 a.m. CT.

KFAN and KTLK serve as the flagship stations for the 72-station, 5-state Vikings Radio Network.

Tags:

55 Responses to “Vikings-Redskins Broadcast Info”

1. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

GO VIKINGS!!!
    FIRST ROAD WIN IN A LONG, LONG TIME

2. By Justin on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Aikman again? Well, it’s better than having him AND BUCK commentating again.

3. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Aikman is okay. They are all about the same.

4. By Mike Wobschall on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Sorry guys, my fault. Aikman is not doing the game. It’s Charles Davis. I corrected it in the entry.

5. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

That’s okay– I did think it strange– Aikman is almost always with Buck, isn’t he? Hey Mike, I am a professional writer, if you need any help, let me know.

6. By UBRETT-CHA on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

@ “SANE”—
    You are so crazy-fun! Have a great holiday season!

7. By UBRETT-CHA on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

P.S. SKOL, VIKINGS!! LET’S ROCK DA CAPITOL!!!!!

8. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

What Ubrettcha? I am not kidding.

9. By Justin on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

I was going to say…

I never see Aikman commentate without Buck. But regardless, I’m satisfied with Davis and Stockton commentate.

10. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

When I was a kid, really young, my dad had a friend– I will never forget him–who, when we went to his house, was absorbed into the football games. Absolute nut for football, but he hated the TV commentators. He would keep the TV sound off and have the radio on. I am not sure a lot has changed. As crazy and silly as Madden was, I thought he was okay– he did know the game.

11. By purplerainman on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. So… me and a buddy were throwing some predictions in there air over a couple of cold ones to see if the Vikes could still make something out of the season – should they win out.

Here’s what I came up with:

Packers:

Week 12 @Atlanta – Loss
    Week 13 San Francisco – Win
    Week 14 @Detroit – Loss – I have a weird feeling about this game.
    Week 15 @New England – Loss
    Week 16 New York – Loss
    Week 17 Chicago – Loss

Final Record: 8-8

Bears:

Week 12 Eagles – Loss
    Week 13 @Lions – I’m going to go with the win, but I have another strange feeling about this one.
    Week 14 Patriots – Loss
    week 15 @Vikings – Loss
    Week 16 Jets – Loss
    Week 17 @Packers – Win

Final Record: 9-7

Is it really over if the Vikes win out and these predictions hold true? Hmmm. Makes you wonder. SKOL VIKES.

12. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Purplerainman– I see the Packers winning 10, but the Bears may have a lot of trouble with their schedule so 9-7 may happen. Who knows? Trouble is we lost twice to the Packers– winning our division is almost impossible– unless some really strange thing happens, like an asteroid hits Green Bay, I don’t see it.
    Now, for playoffs, the problem is only 3 teams get in after the division leaders– right now Tampa, New Orleans are 7-3, 8-3 right now– and Atlanta is the leader at 8-2 in the South– possible three teams come out of that division for the playoffs– that leaves room for one more– Giants? It is really unlikely we will get in to the playoffs– even if we win out.

13. By Packer Fan on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Packers will do much better then 8-8…. I don’t think there is any way the Vikiings make the playoffs… Unless as Sane mentioned.. an asteroid perhaps. I do hope things turn around for Brett’s sake though. I hate for him to go out like this.

14. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

I don’t see the Pack winning more than 10– look at those teams left– and purplerain is right about Detroit– they lost by only 2 at Lambeau— so who knows? You never know– all we can do is play one game at a time to the best we can– I am hoping for the impossible– it’s just that last win hurt us so badly.

15. By fireD childress on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

i think if we lose to Washington, we should pull all the starters out for the last 5 games

16. By Packer Fan on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Detroit is playing better I agree….. however the Packers defense is tied for first in fewest points allowed. That gives us a chance in every game we play. We certainly won’t win all the remaining games…. this weekend will be tough and so will New England. But the others I think we can win.

17. By Packer Fan on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

If the Vikings to lose this weekend.. do you think Brett will play the rest of the year?

18. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Packer fan– agreed. Before the Vikings game, I saw the Pack as losing three games for sure– the others not so sure (Vikings being one of them- Atlanta and Patriots the other two). 11-5 best for the Pack– I throw in one more win just for reality– any week something could happen outside of expectations. Bears have a really tough schedule— if they do well, maybe they will go all the way.

19. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Brett will play unless they have to carry him off the field.

20. By animal26 on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

you are right be sane. I thought madden was the same, though I thought he was awesome.

21. By mr smiff on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Let’s forget about the playoffs for now. Let’s just try to finish strong.

22. By Justin on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

If we finish 8-8 at least (which means winning 5 of the 6 games), I’ll be content. I just don’t want to finish worse than the 2006 record of 6-10.

23. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

What will it be like in Viking heaven?
    Who will take us to the Superbowl?
    Cry offseason, ” Favre 2011,”
    in home of gophers, to hear our SKOL!

24. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Nice to see a civilized Packer fan on here.

25. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Cheese can change quickly if left in the wrong environment.

26. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Touche BSAS!

27. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, Nova, be careful. You might get ambushed.

28. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

I’m always ready for that, in fact I encourage it.

29. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Usually our “debates” don’t last too long.

30. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

This game is almost impossible to call. Vegas has the ‘Skins at -1.5.

31. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

I will call it possible, in fact, stay tuned…

32. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

WIN AGAINST WASHINGTON– I GUARANTEE IT!!!!

33. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, with your command of the English language, why is it you still can’t grasp the concept of “guarantee”?

34. By Justin on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

The Vikings are the leaders in the take/give ratio at -13. Plus Favre leads the NFL in INTS at 17. Those two stats are going to be VERY IMPORTANT if we want to win the Redskins game. Anyone know if the Redskins are just as reckless?

35. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Hee hee– one of these times I will be right— I guarantee it!

36. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

I just know anytime we go out east in the cold -from DC to Boston, it is tough to win.

37. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Be right the next six times BSAS, somehow I feel I can predict your predictions!

38. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

I think with Chilly gone, the team will play with a little more fun and that translates to better play– when you have a control freak over you, it dampens your spirit. I expect Favre and Peterson to have a whale of a game.

39. By fireD childress on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

i believe Washington has a grass field. our record on grass fields is .242 we have a 24 pecent chance of winning the Washington game

40. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Remember how poorly Mcnabb played in the Dallas playoff game– if we can rattle him, he will make a lot of poor throws.

41. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Hey firechild! Love that winning spirit of optimism you bring!

42. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Well, Sunday will be our 24%.

43. By fireD childress on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

did anyone notice we don’t get national broadcasting anymore? we also don’t much airtime on the nfl channel anymore. the only time they talk about the Vikings now is the coaching change

44. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Well, we lost at N.E., Chicago and G.B, maybe this is our 24%.

45. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Yes, I have to pay to watch this one.

46. By mr smiff on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

LET NO ONE DAMPEN YOU OPTIMISM, BSS&LAB!!! GO VIKES!!!

47. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Don’t worry, Mr Smiff– they cannot touch me. There are more with me than against me. Can we say playoffs?

48. By mr smiff on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

WHY THE HECK NOT-PLAYOFFS!!!

49. By Justin on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

@firedchildress

The media doesn’t want to focus on horrible teams this late in the season. The playoffs begin in a month and a half and they’re concerned about the seeding right now. The Vikings, Bengals, Bills, Panthers, and Lions probably won’t be talked much about, other than whether they win or lose a certain game.

50. By Conner on Nov 27, 2010 | Reply

Can I ask? Who gives a flying BLEEP who the broadcasters are? It’s like having a weather forecast tell you, “Their will be air outside tomorrow, and their will be air inside tomorrow as well.”

51. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 27, 2010 | Reply

I heard this one last night: This guy goes to the Super Bowl, but has nosebleed seats. Even with binoculars, he still is pi$$ed. Scanning the crowd, he notices a guy, with an empty aisle seat next to him, right on the 50 yd. line, about 30 rows up.Perfect seats. He waits till the 2nd quarter, then goes to the guy and says “excuse me sir, is anyone sitting there? The fellow answers, no, please sit down, it would be nice to have some company.The guy can’t believe his luck, sits down and immediately buys his new buddy a beer, then asks “these seats go for 2 grand, why is this one empty? The fellow answers “my wife used to come to all the games with me, but she died”.The guy says “I’m so sorry, but surely you must have some friends or relatives that would have come with you?” The fellow says, oh yes, but they’re all at the funeral.”

52. By Justin on Nov 27, 2010 | Reply

@ connor

Maybe because some people like me don’t like a “certain duo” in the broadcasting booth.

53. By Lito on Nov 27, 2010 | Reply

Go Vikings!

54. By craig s on Nov 28, 2010 | Reply

here we go again,lay down defence,are secondary cannot tackle

2. Nov 26, 2010: Vikings-Redskins Broadcast Info | Vikings Stop Blog