Back To Work On Friday

Posted by Mike Wobschall on November 26, 2010 – 7:44 am

After another great Thanksgiving Day full of football and food, it’s back to work at Winter Park on Friday. Here’s a quick breakdown of what’s going on today…

– Although I took a day to hangout with family, the team was at Winter Park on Thursday for an abbreviated day of work. There was no media access but teams are still required to issue injury reports. Had their been media access and press conferences, the biggest news would’ve been that WR Sidney Rice sat out of practice after fully participating on Wednesday. My best guess is that this is nothing serious and it’s probably just a matter of the team being cautious with Rice as he works his way back into the lineup.

– The good injury news is that S Husain Abdullah (ankle – limited), DE Jared Allen (neck – limited), S Eric Frampton (hamstring – limited) LB Chad Greenway (eye – full participation) and C John Sullivan (calf – full participation) were all on the field working on Thursday.

– Today the team will have a normal Friday, which will conclude with a practice in the late morning. Interim Head Coach Leslie Frazier will meet with reporters after practice for some final comments/thoughts on his team before this weekend’s game against the Redskins.

– We’ll have several more updates here on the blog throughout the morning, so stay tuned.

Tags: ,

29 Responses to “Back To Work On Friday”

1. By mr smiff on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

LET’S GO VIKINGS!!!

2. By Justin on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Here’s hoping Sullivan gets through the Redskins game without re-injuring himself.

3. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

“Had their been media access and press conferences, the biggest news would’ve been that WR Sidney Rice…”

Hey Mike–” their” is a possessive pronoun– you meant “there.”

If you need help, I am a professional writer who does freelance work.

4. By vikings012 on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Sane what are you talking about? Who the he11 cares what was spelled and he never used the word “their” he spelled everything right. Some writer you are!

5. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

@ vikings012– It’s not about the spelling, it’s about syntax. If you use “their” for “there,” you do not understand the denotation of these words. It is important to be accurate and excellent with your communication skills, especially when writing for publication, whether online or print.

6. By Gabriel on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Sane, I usually enjoy reading your post, definitley before we fired childress but one thing I do not like is how your always taking shots at Mike. This is his job man, his job as in the way he pays the bills and puts food on the table. If I were Mike I would find out what you do, and come to your work and just heckle you all day every day pointing out your every mistake. If you even have a job because your always on here so I am guessing you dont.Its Mike’s job to stay positive and find the good in all of this horrible season. Its just not fair that this guy is doing his JOB and there are people hating on him for it? Sounds like some school yard b.s. Grow up man if you truly love the vikings you wouldnt care if its there or their or they’re all you would care about is Winning no matter how its spelled

7. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Gabriel– not sure what you are talking about as this is the first day and only the second time I mentioned about Mike’s writing since I entered this blog a month or so ago.You must have me confused with some others. I disagree, though, about the importance of excellence. Why don’t we ask them to change the headings on each page and misspell and use incorrect syntax– how would you like the site to be called Vkigs? If I do poorly in an area of my work, I welcome feedback, because if I do not receive feedback, I will continue with the mistakes– and that Gabriel, will take food off the table.

8. By Packer Fan on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

BSAS…..just relax and not worry about others gramatical errors….clearly the team has much more to be concerned about then “their, there, or they’re.”

9. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Agreed Packer fan, but it is important to be excellent. I see mistakes all the time from news agencies to newspapers, etc. Mike does a good job, overall, and so it was a little shocking to see that today— I don’t mean to nit-pick.

10. By mr smiff on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

FAVRE 2011!

11. By Chilly4Life on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

I still don’t know why Childress was fired.

12. By Justin on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Clearly Chilly4Life has been oblivious to this season. Childress was fired because he couldn’t stop the downward spiral of the team. Injuries + the Moss debacle + attitude problems by some of the players + weak playcalling + whatever else I missed. Plus Childress seemed to be the most hated coach in the NFL so take that for what it’s worth.

13. By Hans on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

did anyone know even though childress is fired he still gets paid because he is under a 4 year contract

14. By Justin on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

He gets the 14 million dollars he’s owed.

15. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

I think everyone knew that Chilly gets paid even if he is fired– many of us think that was one reason Zygi took longer to make the decision.

16. By fireD childress on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Gabriel
    there is nothing wrong with taking shots at Mike. he is related to Chilly, and he was always writing articles on how great of a coach Chilly was, we all know what kind of coach Chilly really was. he could be losing his job, because Chilly got him the job to begin with. i hope Mike goes down with Chilly in flames

17. By mr smiff on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

I agree, fireD. Not only is Mike a Chilly apologist, he also thinks we’re either stupid or blind. I remember in the live chat during the P3cker game, someone asked him about McKinnie’s poor performance this season. Not only did Mike diagree, he actually said he thought MKinnie was playing “solid” all year! SOLID!!! I’m not surprised at his errors in the above blog. That man doesn’t aways know what the h3ll he’s taking about!

18. By fireD childress on Nov 27, 2010 | Reply

Chilly4Life-you need a life. Chilly is going back out east to look for a job, maybe you should go with him. blind leading the blind

19. By fireD childress on Nov 27, 2010 | Reply

Justin, we need to get a new center next year. Sullivan was another pet player for Chilly, even when he is healthy, he gets blown off the line. watching him get beat every single play gets very old

20. By fireD childress on Nov 27, 2010 | Reply

the ony way we win games next year is a completely different o-line. we need players that will give 100 percent also

21. By Bryan on Nov 27, 2010 | Reply

On my Friday I bought Jim Marshall,s 1963 Topps rookie card swweeettt!!!

22. By Jason Vesely on Nov 27, 2010 | Reply

I think Leslie Frazier is going to get more than 6 games to prove himself as head coach. The need to draft a quarterback in next Aprils draft is top priority.
    I doubt it if Andrew Luck is still on the board or Jake Locker is when the Vikings pick. Other options: Scott Tolzien or Ricky Stanzi

23. By DRS on Nov 27, 2010 | Reply

I think that if the whole team keeps playing like it is playing now, I would take a hard look at every player to see if they needed to be replaced or not. Between the draft and free agency I would rebuild this team with players that want to play and not for just the money. I would get a player that uses his talent for the good of the team and not for him selfish reasons. The player who gives all and wants to play at all times.

24. By DRS on Nov 27, 2010 | Reply

Sorry, that should have been. I would get a player thatuses his talent for the good of the team and not for selfish reasons.

25. By DRS on Nov 27, 2010 | Reply

Darn computer. That should be( that uses)

26. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 27, 2010 | Reply

I heard this one last night: This guy goes to the Super Bowl, but has nosebleed seats. Even with binoculars, he still is pi$$ed. Scanning the crowd, he notices a guy, with an empty aisle seat next to him, right on the 50 yd. line, about 30 rows up.Perfect seats. He waits till the 2nd quarter, then goes to the guy and says “excuse me sir, is anyone sitting there? The fellow answers, no, please sit down, it would be nice to have some company.The guy can’t believe his luck, sits down and immediately buys his new buddy a beer, then asks “these seats go for 2 grand, why is this one empty? The fellow answers “my wife used to come to all the games with me, but she died”.The guy says “I’m so sorry, but surely you must have some friends or relatives that would have come with you?” The fellow says, oh yes, but they’re all at the funeral.”

27. By Steve on Nov 27, 2010 | Reply

It is time for BB to go Bye Bye!!!!!

28. By Lito on Nov 27, 2010 | Reply