Vikings WRs Bernard Berrian and Sidney Rice sat out of practice on Thursday after participating on Wednesday. On Friday, though, both players were back on the field and Vikings Interim Head Coach Leslie Frazier was asked about each of them while meeting with reporters after practice.
Frazier indicated Rice (hip) should be good to go for Sunday’s game at Washington and he said a decision on Berrian (groin) may be made on Saturday.
Another player battling a nagging injury is Jamarca Sanford (hamstring). His presence is important because he provides depth in the secondary but mostly because of his special teams/kick coverage abilities. Frazier said that because the injury has reappeared, the team will be cautious with Sanford’s return.
The injury report has not been released yet, but I’m guessing Berrian will be listed as questionable and Rice probable. Again, official word will be coming shortly, so stay tuned.
Tags: Bernard Berrian, Jamarca Sanford, Sidney Rice
Posted in All, Mike Wobschall | 446 Comments »
This weekend’s game will take place in Landover, Maryland, which means Vikings fans who don’t live in that area must find ways to take in the action via radio and/or television. Here is the pertinent info you need…
– As usual, we’ll have a live chat here on vikings.com during the game. We’ll launch the chat just before kickoff, so be sure to join us.
– The game will be televised by FOX, featuring Dick Stockton (play-by-play) and
Troy Aikman Charles Davis calling the action. Charissa Thompson will handle sideline reporting duties.
– There will be no national radio broadcast.
–I recommend tuning in to either KFAN-AM 1130 or KTLK 100.3 FM to hear Paul Allen call the action and Pete Bercich handle the analysis. Greg Coleman is the sideline reporter. Also, Mike Mussman will anchor the pre-game show, which begins at 10:00 a.m. CT.
KFAN and KTLK serve as the flagship stations for the 72-station, 5-state Vikings Radio Network.
Tags: Paul Allen
Posted in All, Mike Wobschall | 55 Comments »
After another great Thanksgiving Day full of football and food, it’s back to work at Winter Park on Friday. Here’s a quick breakdown of what’s going on today…
– Although I took a day to hangout with family, the team was at Winter Park on Thursday for an abbreviated day of work. There was no media access but teams are still required to issue injury reports. Had their been media access and press conferences, the biggest news would’ve been that WR Sidney Rice sat out of practice after fully participating on Wednesday. My best guess is that this is nothing serious and it’s probably just a matter of the team being cautious with Rice as he works his way back into the lineup.
– The good injury news is that S Husain Abdullah (ankle – limited), DE Jared Allen (neck – limited), S Eric Frampton (hamstring – limited) LB Chad Greenway (eye – full participation) and C John Sullivan (calf – full participation) were all on the field working on Thursday.
– Today the team will have a normal Friday, which will conclude with a practice in the late morning. Interim Head Coach Leslie Frazier will meet with reporters after practice for some final comments/thoughts on his team before this weekend’s game against the Redskins.
– We’ll have several more updates here on the blog throughout the morning, so stay tuned.
Tags: Leslie Frazier, Sidney Rice
Posted in All, Mike Wobschall | 29 Comments »