Happy Thanksgiving, Vikings Fans

Posted by Mike Wobschall on November 25, 2010 – 12:45 pm

Happy Thanksgiving, Vikings fans. We at vikings.com hope you are able to enjoy Thanksgiving and football with family, loved ones and/or friends today.

As a side dish to a big Thanksgiving meal, here are some fun facts about your favorite football team as they prepare to play the Washington Redskins this Sunday.

– Vikings Interim Head Coach Leslie Frazier spent 6 years as a CB in the NFL, winning Super Bowl XX as a member of the 1985 Chicago Bears. Frazier’s 1st career INT came against Tommy Kramer and the Vikings on 11/28/82, 28 years to the day from his 1st game as a head coach.

– DT Jared Allen now has 78.5 sacks since entering the league in 2004, which ranks 5th among all NFL players for the most in the first 7 seasons. Allen surpassed Bruce Smith’s 78 in 5 years.

– Explosive WR Percy Harvin currently ranks 1st in the NFL with 1,542 combined net yards on the season. Harvin leads the Vikings with 595 receiving yards but also has 855 kickoff return yards and 92 rushing yards on the year.

– RB Adrian Peterson has not had a fumble in 2010 and has now reached a stretch of over 300 rushing attempts (308) without losing the football. His last rushing fumble was at Chicago on 12/28/09.

Tags: , , ,

131 Responses to “Happy Thanksgiving, Vikings Fans”

1. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Hey– this is another Fun Facts article– disguised in the dressing of a different title. Look at the Lions playing– Patriots will not allow them to win– no way.

2. By Justin on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

-_-

Don’t curse Peterson, Wobshall. For all we know, Peterson could fumble 5 times on Sunday, and each one might be taken in for a Redskins touchdown.

3. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

@Justin– he is not cursing Peterson– He is praising his efforts.

4. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

@ Justin— your comments that Peterson could fumble 5 times is far closer to placing a curse on him—

5. By Shawn on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

WOW that was a fun fact about Frazier … 28 years to the day, and to add to that Frazier and Bud Grant at the same point in there career have the same record =)

6. By Justin on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Everytime someone points out that Peterson hasn’t fumbled yet, it’s just raising the chances that Peterson’s going to fumble soon. With everything that has gone wrong this season, Peterson fumbling is next on the list.

7. By Shawn on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Fun Fact for Justin ….

Walter Payton fumbles in first 3 years 30

Adrian Peterson fumbles in first 3 years 20

8. By Shawn on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Leslie Frazier is undefeated …

9. By Shawn on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

and Justin I know how you feel … you see it all the time and even more in baseball … reliever comes in and announcer says he hasnt allowed a run in his last 12 innings and doink first pitch Home Run … but I have faith in Peterson

10. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I hear you Justin– I am just saying we need to exude some confidence going forward—- I am tired of hearing how the Vikings always choke in the season– I have heard that for decades and, talk about curses, we always choke. We can praise Peterson, and not worry. He is a phenomenal back, and we better get to a Superbowl soon– he deserves one.
    BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

11. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

…..Breaking News……Breaking News…….Green Bay (AP)……..Tragedy was averted on this Thanksgiving Thursday when a homemade toaster-oven exploded in a Green Bay trailer park. The fire was contained to a single trailer. 36 members of the Doorstop family all escaped with first-degree turkey grease burns, but are all now homeless……( Reporter)….”Chief, what happened?”…….(Firechief)….”Seems that they built a toaster-oven out of 4 pieces of Plexiglass, 6 propane torches and a 76 Chevy Vega.”……(Rep)….”36 members of the same family?”…..(FC)….”We’re pretty sure they’re Doorstops. They all have 7 webbed toes on each foot.”……(Rep)….”Mothers,daughters,sisters,wives, aunts?”…..(FC) “Sometimes, all in one.” (Victim being wheeled to ambulance)…” I TOLD THEM it should have been on the TOP RACK!!!!”……(Rep)….” Was there anything salvaged?”…..(FC)..140 cases of ” Night Train” wine.”…..( Rep)…..” How could anyone be so foolish to cook a 35lb. turkey in a homemade toaster-oven?”………(FC)..” They were Packer Fans.”

12. By Shawn on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

LMAO

13. By soldier1986 on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

happy thanksgiving everybody!

14. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Breaking News…… Breaking News….. The local chapter of the Green Bay S.P.C.A. is urgently seeking homes for 454 cats and a mongrel dog named “Goober.”

15. By mr smiff on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I think AP will air it out for 150+ yards.

16. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Go Vikings! Skol, Sound your horns for the trip to Washington!!
    BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

17. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

SueGVikes4Ever, thank you for the kind words

18. By Shawn on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Has anyone seen the movie …. My Dinner With Andre?

19. By mr smiff on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

COME ON, FAVRE!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! LET’S GO!!!

20. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

ONE GAME AT A TIME, ONE GAME AT A TIME.
    BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

21. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I wonder if Favre will return in 2011 if they win out.

22. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

It is fun watching teams like the Saints and Patriots– no matter what happens, they come to win, and you sense that they will win. Winning happens in the mind and spirit before manifested in the physical.
    TRUE FANS ARISE!!!!

23. By vikescot on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Hey VIKING fans we all deserve to see a lot more of what it looked like they were trying to do in the last 2-3 games we played….The Bears and Packers I saw some glimmer of some real imagination in using the 4 pack on left side w/ a handoff to Percy some quick slants of 5-6 yards and at least trying to hit AP in the flats on some screens…Then they went back to AP off tackle or up the gut….I would like to see some early play of trying to get AP tothe edge via sweep , quick pitch , screen pass and hit him in stride as he heads upfield etc..I saw some of this and then it stops…I realize you can not go the well to often but I say GET AP TO THE EDGE early and as the defense has to spread out to defend this then go w/ AP off tackle or up the gut but seems like everyone knows we are going to try and run AP up the middle….Have seen several times when def is sitting duck for a quick pop to Percy wide or early coming quick towards the middle as 7-8 guys in middle and Brett either doesn’t or is not allowed to audible out and AP runs into his own guys or def and loses 2-3 yards which puts us in bad play scenarios…..Hope this team gets some SPIRIT OF CHAMPIONS and in a hurray !!!!!! G O V I K E S !!!!!!

24. By kellicassi on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I am a devout Vikings fan so please don’t take this all the wrong way but with all this talent and history how come we are 3 & 7?????

25. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

kellicassi – i can give you the answer for that in one word-chilly. too bad they fired him so late, no playoff chances now

26. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Well, firechild, we had some enjoyable games today– we saw two champion teams play today– I knew the Pats would never allow Detroit to win, and I knew Dallas would come back and make a run for it—- but I also knew the Saints are too good to not win in the end— That latter game today may very well be the Superbowl match-up.

27. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

OOPS– hold on

28. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

What I meant– was that the two teams that won today may very well be the Superbowl match-up– Patriots and Saints—- I know Dallas and Saints are both NFC

29. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Steelers-Eagles-superbowl or steelers-Atlanta. forget about saints making it

30. By Justin on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

The Saints could make it to the Superbowl, but I find them to be a bit shaky. They almost lost to the Cowboys again and it’s quite possible for them to flop in the playoffs. Besides, they would have to contend with the Eagles in the playoffs and that’s going to be no easy feat. I predict that the NFC championship game will be Falcons vs Eagles. Bold prediction, I know.

31. By Justin on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Meanwhile, on the topic of the Redskins game: This will truly see if the players are the main problem with this season or not. A new coach should mean that the Vikings should be able to handle the self-destructing Redskins, but if we end up losing the game I will blame it solely on the players. No effort – a losing season.

32. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Steelers could not match the Saints, and the Steelers will go, but not the Saints? Well, we all know there is no logic in predictions, other than that probably one of the teams we mentioned may be the new champ– I did think the Titans were going to go a few weeks back, but they have lost it some. Dallas is a very good team– don’t be fooled that the Saints almost lost in the end— they did not lose-
    I have not watched Atlanta at all this year, although they have the best record in the NFC, I think.

33. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I was referring in the start of my post to when the Saints beat the Steelers recently.

34. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Justin, we have too many injuries, as far as knowing how good of a team we got

35. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

like i said, we need a high pick in the draft, let’s hope the bottom 5 teams win some games

36. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

What happened to Indy? And San Diego?

37. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

look how good the Jets did in free agency. we need to do the same. Ziggy needs to get the checkbook out

38. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Firechild– funny how we are starting to think alike– I was just going to say something on the Jets

39. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I forgot all about them, but they are 8-2, aren’t they? I guess once the Cheeseheads beat them, I lost all respect for them.

40. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

we need safties, corners, wideouts, a center, offensive tackels and guards, a quarterback, a 3rd down back

41. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

It’s Zygi, not Ziggy— that is the comic

42. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Quarterback– bring back Rich Gannon or Fiedler.

43. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

we don’t get a 3rd round pick, so it’s important to start recruiting for free agency as soon as possible

44. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

jets won tonight, they are 9-2 now

45. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

what? there was a third game tonight? I missed it– dang!

46. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

there is 8 minutes left, jets are ahead of Cincinnati 24-3

47. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

24-10 now

48. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

jets just got a safety-26-10

49. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

look at Cincy, that is another disappointment for their fans– I know, I went to college a couple years near there— last year they were hot– but when we played them, they were mediocre— you just can never tell from one year to the next, unless you have a coach and organization built for success– look at the Patriots from owner to coach to quarterback to fan base– they have it all and they are consistently winners— We have a great owner in he is not cheap– and I think he learned a lot about hiring coaches in the past 4 weeks.

50. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

manning is starting to show his age. i think he may play maybe 2 more years, then retire

51. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Bill B. bought in a excellent crew with him. all of his assistant coaches are excellent from the top down. they have a very young team and will be good for the next 10 years

52. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

we have a old team. we will be rebuilding the next 3 years

53. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I think Frazier is good, but he is unproven– Didn’t he get interviewed for 7 or 8 head coaching jobs? Why was he not hired?

54. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

a team is required to interview at least 1 black coach. they were just trying to do the requirement by law

55. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

i think Frazier will win 2 games. we have too many injurys to do any better

56. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Haven’t you guys crashed yet from all that turkey?

57. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

if Vick looks to free agency at all, we should be at his doorstep

58. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

i’m watching Cinncinati getting blown out

59. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I think we will win 5, but hope for 6.

60. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Cincinnati should have made you doze off FiredChild!

61. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Hey Nova– I saw a Doberman on the dog show after the Detroit game– I watched it for about 10 minutes– they are kind of boring, but thought of Sonja

62. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I feel for Cincy fans

63. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

yeah, the game was boring, but it’s still football

64. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I watched some of the dog show too, but my heart was focused on that terrible explosion in Green Bay.

65. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Cincinnati was a fluke last year. they were playing off emotion, mainly from 2 deaths

66. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

GREEN BAY – Four people have been taken to the hospital after a fire at a duplex in Green Bay. Two of the people injured were transported to a Milwaukee burn center with serious injuries.

Authorities said the blaze started around 5 a.m. at 1026 Harvey Street. The cause is still under investigation.

Lt. Nick Craig, with the Green Bay Fire Department, said most of the damage is on the first floor of the two-story duplex. Witnesses intiially reported an explosion at the home.

“It was the callers perception that an explosion had taken place,” Craig said, “(but) when we got here, we observed fire, not an explosion. Nothing else happened after we got here,” Craig added.

Authorities are not identifying those injured. The victims’ conditions are not known at this time

67. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I would not have seen it anyway– I have not had cable in years– so I don’t feel so bad– besides I watched almost every minute of the first two games– and those were pretty entertaining.

68. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

FiredChild, was that a real story?

69. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Rex Ryan is a great coach, he got the players he needed to have a shot at the superbowl

70. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

yes it is

71. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

yeah — i googled it

72. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I don’t think you will find mine on google.

73. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

That one death in Cincy of the player Henry, was after they played us — and Cincy already had a good record– the first death was the wife of one of the coaches early in the season

74. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Nova, I wonder if maybe you are sneaking around in Green Bay as we blog– quite a coincidence?

75. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Maybe Nova, you are searching for the impersonator.

76. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I would rather sneak around in Iraq.

77. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Oh, that story is from July 2009

78. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

i’ve been to Wisconsin a few times. i walked in a bar once in La Cross, and their were 3 females and 2 males completey naked playing a card game. it was late, maybe 2 am. the bartender shielded the people and told me they were closed

79. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I was wondering who I could pick on after Chili got canned, the impersonator made up my mind for me.

80. By Justin on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

@Firedchildress

Well, I know that the injuries have killed this team to no end. Herrera’s injury was the ultimate killer.

81. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Where’s Fred?

82. By Justin on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

The worse that could happen now is if Favre gets injured and retires because of not only a season-injury injury, but a career-ending injury.

83. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Cedric Griffen injury was a hard hit too

84. By Stephanie on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

fireD Chidlress…I think Manning can only carry his team so far. I don’t think he’s showing his age, but the offense has had many injuries and they’ve had to plug in new guys at receiver (and I think running back). I think a couple of his key receivers went down the past several weeks, thus the ints because who does he have to throw to? without much of a running game and injuries at receiver, you can’t expect any QB to carry the team on their back like that.

85. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

if we lose to Washington, look for Web stating in the next game

86. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Seriously, hasn’t the turkey made you guys drowsy? It, combined with enough wine, knocks me right out!

87. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie-he has lost a step, look for him to retire in 2 to 3 years. watch NFL channel playbook. they noticed he lost a step too

88. By Stephanie on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

one thing that has gotten lost in this season is all the penalties on offense. that has put them in several 3rd and long situations and has stopped momentum several times. how many times has there been a false start or illegal formation which seems to kill a drive.

89. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Sometimes I don’t even need the turkey!

90. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

What knocked me out was last night Firechild, Fred, and a newbie kept chatting till about 2am and then I did some reading till about 3am.

91. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

i don’t drink too much, my work schedule is too aggressive

92. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

yeah, Sue. she sounds nice, and i think she said she is turning 50, so i was close with age

93. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Yes, she paid me a very nice compliment.

94. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie– absolutely, it is the small things adding up– last year we hardly had any penalties. It’s a question of discipline and that comes through practice and respect– Respect has been lacking all year in that locker room– from before the season began, giving one player options to do whatever he likes, which cascaded to several other key players— and that led to inconsistencies in practice— etc, etc. Lots of issues, but at the end of the day, the small mistakes added up.

95. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

i remember when i was younger, i had dreams of the Vikings winning the superbowl. then you wake up and it’s back to reality

96. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Just a lost season, Chili gets most of the blame.

97. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I hardly ever drink anymore– life is too short, and after a while, I realized the effects are the same every time and I would rather have my faculties, as well as feel refreshed and healthy the next day– I think I am saying the same thing firedchild did. Yeah– you were right on her age– I thought so.

98. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

the bigger key was Rice not listening to doctors and not having surgury right away. the hurt out team alot

99. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, Sue said she loved my comments all year long– I am a favorite of the true fans.

100. By Stephanie on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

fireD Childress, I think in 2008 everyone thought Brett “lost a step” and then the next season he had the best season of his career. I haven’t watched all of the Colts games obviously, but I know several of his receivers have been injured and he’s been throwing to people I’ve never heard of. If the Colts had a running game it might be different, but it’s called a “team” for a reason. He needs guys around him to step up. but time will tell. maybe I’m wrong. One thing I’ve learned about the NFL is that most commentators spout off stuff after a game or a season, and many times they end up being wrong and eating their words. how many teams or players have made the playoffs or won the superbowl that were critisized at some point during the season?

101. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I cannot blame Rice– if there was any chance he could rehabilitate without being chopped up– well I cannot blame him, that is a personal decision that goes beyond football.

102. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

The stars were definitely not aligned in 2010.

103. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

even when i was partying age, i didn’t drink much. i went to Wisconsin to drink a few times, because Wisconsin people are crazy and it was fun. life is too demanding to drink now. you need to be 100 percent at all times

104. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie, Chris Berman of ESPN picked the Vikes to win the SB. I gave up listening to those guys long ago.

105. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Maybe Chris Berman hexed us.

106. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Stephanie – we need to draft a QB like Manning this upcoming draft. someone that will be around 15 years or more

107. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Easier said than done FC!

108. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

But it sure would be nice.

109. By Stephanie on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

FireD Childress, I just want to encourage you about the Vikings…weren’t the Saints never supposed to win a superbowl? The never got close until the past several years. So there is always hope. I know you’ve been disappointed, we all have. But we need to try and enjoy the ride, otherwise what’s the point? Last season was one of the most enjoyable seasons in a LONG time, and unfotunately it didn’t end up the way we wanted. But only one team in 32 can hoist the trophy. that means 31 teams don’t. It’s important to try and take the positive things and enjoy any good things that happen. I’m not saying don’t be disappointed. I’m saying don’t focus always on the negative or you’ll drive yourself crazy.

110. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Rex Ryan just said “we knew the Bengals would give us their best shot”, I would hate to see their worst shot.

111. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

And the season is not over– I am going to enjoy the Vikings beat the Redskins on Sunday– I guarantee it!

112. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Goodnight folks, I hope you all enjoy your Holidays.

113. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Sweet dreams to Sonja– did you hear those commentators on the dog show? How they mentioned that look the Dobie has? A menacing face, indeed. I was scared just looking at that dog.

114. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Deep down, they’re just big pu$$ycats.

115. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Well, I am sure Sonja is, she eats New York strips and lobster!

116. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

You just reminded me of a funny story. A few years ago I had the entire family(15 people) over for Easter. We were all in the living room having a drink before dinner. I excused myself to carve the turkey which was cooling on the dining room table. I noticed a trail of stuffing going upstairs, where I found Sonja, little stub-tail wagging, with the turkey on my bed! I had to throw out everything, including the mattress . We ended up ordering pizza. Sonja spent the rest of the night throwing up all over the house.

117. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

But I still love her, don’t ask me why.

118. By Justin on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Honest to god, I don’t think we’ll have another Peyton Manning-like quarterback for a while. That special someone has to come along and actually perform consistently week in and week out. It could be next year or it could be 5 years from now.

119. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Nova, that is hilarious– reminds me of when I was at my sister’s house one Easter, and she had made a cake that stood like a lamb– it was on display on a cabinet/table in the dining room and I saw their springer spaniel munch the lamlb’s head in one bite.

120. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

It was the only time I can remember Sonja not begging for pizza.

121. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Those springer spaniels are great sheepdogs!

122. By UBRETT-CHA on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

@NovaScotiaVike:
    Your Sonja story was hilarious! It reminded ME of my dog and chinese-food many years ago. Vomit and poo all over the place—a trip to the vet found that he had simply eaten too much–most expensive takeout ever!!! God bless them-they make our lives worthwhile. On this day, let us give thanks for wonderful pets, the love and memories they give us, the hugs and comfort when we need it most, (especially this season), and knowing they are always there for us, even after they have gone. SKOL, VIKINGS! SKOL, FELLOW FANS!!!! EVER FORWARD!!!!!

123. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

My sister was pretty mad– – we all saw the dog do it but it was so fast, nothing could be done. Anyway, somehow the dog knows it’s worth it– they know their owners, and they can take the risk, eat, and then act cowardly and timid– oh, I don’t know what came over me, and feign an I’m sorry look.
    Well, I am going to read a little and go to bed.

124. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

All these stories are the reason I couldn’t watch the Vikes if Vick was on the team.

125. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Yes, I’m going to grab a book myself. I’m glad I took this week off. Again, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

126. By Lito on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Vikes, no excuses please. Just get the job done. Happy Thanksgiving!

127. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Very well said UBRETT-CHA!

128. By fireD childress on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

the Vikings are one of the top 5 winning teams of all time, i hope it stays that way. let our rebuilding years ahead also be winning ones

129. By mr smiff on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

I saw the Jets-Bengals game last night. The Jets really exploited the versatility of Brad Smith, and he’s really a quarterback. Can’t we do the same with Webb? Your thoughts, fellow bloggers.

130. By UBRETT-CHA on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

I don’t understand why we haven’t seen Webb at WR…….could have saved ourselves alot of money, heartache, and draft-picks instead of wasting our time with the “Freak.” Too bad Brett’s 500th TD will forever be connected to Randy. Boy, did Moss ever turn out to be a real phallic-head, or what!?!

2. Nov 25, 2010: Happy Thanksgiving, Vikings Fans | Vikings Stop Blog