Vikings Make Roster Moves Official

Posted by Mike Wobschall on November 24, 2010 – 3:32 pm

Anthony Herrera suffered a season-ending knee injury during last week’s game and the Vikings have made a series of roster moves as a result. Here are the specifics…

– RG Herrera was placed on Injured Reserve
– T Patrick Brown was elevated from the Practice Squad to the 53-man roster
– DB Cary Harris has been signed to the Practice Squad

Harris is a 2nd-year player out of Southern Cal.

Tags:

257 Responses to “Vikings Make Roster Moves Official”

1. By desmond on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Having diss Chilly and calling for him to be fired and for Frazier to get his shot at head coach .I must thank you Ziggy for hearing the voice of Viking fans and dumping Chilly as in go back to Philly……Now Ihope this talented team gets its motivation and plays hard for Frazier .Neither the Bears or the Packers are that good and 9-7 might earn these Vikings a wild card spot and if not lets build some momentum for next year ……That Joe Webb kid reminds me of young Randall Cunningham with a stronger arm the future at QB looks pretty good in Minny…….Go VIKES

2. By Skol_Vikings on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Yeah right on Webb. Not that I disagree, but I sense Michael Vick coming to Minnesota.

3. By sheaff44 on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

i believe vick wiil get a contract with the eagles after his play this season

4. By DONTELLY on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

joe webb..joe webb..joe webb…joe webb..joe webb..joe webb…

5. By DONTELLY on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

joe webb..joe webb..joe webb…joe webb..joe webb..joe webb…wildcat

6. By tbianc2 on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

like to see webb play,we need to find out what he can do.hes raw but may energize this team lets face it playoffs are not this year,unlless pack and bears crumble but we have to run the table.qb draft choice #1 prioity

7. By Doug on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Our number one priority in the draft should be someone in the secondary who can defend the pass. We have never really been very good at it.

8. By Bruce on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

YES!!!! THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED TO SEE WAS ONE OF TACKLES MOVED TO THE ROSTER!!! YES!!!! THANK YOU FRAZIER!!!!

9. By Conner on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

I see Vick staying with the Eagles. I love my dogs and to think of the awful things he did to dogs, I’d renounce my love of the Vikings if they ever signed that piece of cR@P Vick. Their are other options, Webb, possibly Kevin Kolb would be available. I want to see someone who can lead this team for up to 5 years. Build a team. Positive steps have been taken this week, let’s hope it translates onto the field.

10. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Well said, Conner !!!!!

11. By Conner on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Desmond: The Packers have beaten the Eagles in Philadelphia, and the Jets in New York and our Vikings by 28. Maybe, just maybe, their kind of good. 9-7 would be great finish for our team, but the Pack is for real right now. Rodgers spreads the ball around and makes good decisions. The Bears Cutler has a great arm, but no head.

12. By Conner on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Why don’t we dump Baskett? Kendra did, and have you ever heard her laugh?? If she was smart enough to part company, why don’t we. Put Seth Olsen on the roster for more O.Line depth. He’s a Minnesota guy! What is the status with Marcus Sherels? Why did we bring in Frank Walker, when we had Sherels in the system. Frank Walker is a great guy, without question, but he isn’t able to help us.

13. By Todd on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

The time has come. Let Joe Webb play!

14. By Conner on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Kosta Koufos had a monster slam, it’s an omen. Gopher Basketball is in fuego! Timberpups-leading the team with the best record (Spurs). Gopher football coming off a 1-game winning streak. Come on Vikes! JOIN THE PARTY!!!

15. By vikadan on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

If i see one more favre turnover and the opposing team wins the game put web in or even T-jack! cook and asher better be looking for the ball this weekend its coming man! its coming, time for a few interceptions yeah like thats going to happen!! i dont see any big changes, now that we have frazier but maybe he can induce a little fire under some of those 50% players!

16. By Frederick Jones on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Marcus Sherels may be the quickest db the Vikings have, unfortunately he’s not real big.

17. By Frederick Jones on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

P..P..PL…PLAYOFFs Don’t talk about PLAYOFFs….I just hope we can win another game!

18. By Frederick Jones on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

How about Vince Young in purple next year!!!

19. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

20. By Mechsoldier on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

God, if I have to listen to one more of you women complain about Vick and the stupid dogs. There’s baseball players who fly to South America to their home countries and attend rooster fights, the Spanish fight bulls, and we let rednecks ride bulls for sport. Shut up about the stupid dogs, nobody cares. Vick served his time it’s over.

You care because you own them and Indians would think the same of us eating cows. Get over it you sound like idiots, go watch some volleyball or something.

21. By Lito on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Less talk, less drama, less excuses, and more PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE AD NAUSEUM.

22. By sheaff44 on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

how bout vince young somewhere else we do not need that basketcase

23. By mr smiff on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE O-LINE???

24. By sheaff44 on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

maybe joe webb start next year sign phillies kolb for a solid backup

25. By Conner on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

First of all Mechsoldier: The Eagles WILL sign Vick. Story over. Yeah, he did his time. He’s still a puke of a person. If the Vikings want a mobile quarterback it is assenine to go get Michael Vick. We have T-Jack and Joe Webb who can give us that aspect, and neither one had to go to Federal pen for “REDEMPTION.”

26. By Conner on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Frederick Jones: If Sherels is the quickest, but small. Antoine Winfield is smaller than most place kickers and no one throws his way anymore. Maybe Marcus could help?

27. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Has Vick returned to his former actions? Have I missed something?

28. By fireD childress on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

good thing we are out of the playoff race, now were pulling people out of the practice squad. we are really going to need alot of help in free agency next year. since we are out of the playoff race, been spending my time in other places. this season has already faded in the sunset

29. By Zeke on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

I agree about Marcus Sherels, why not at least give this kid a chance to show what he can do? Who knows, he may surprise everyone. Same goes for Joe Webb. They claim the reason Joe Webb can’t be included for wildcats and stuff is because he’s 3rd QB and that would not allow Brett back if he came out, so why not make him 2nd QB? It’s not like we are gonna put T-Jack out there anyway by the looks of things, so why can’t Joe be 2nd? What could it hurt? This kid has alot of talent, yes he’s raw, but if he can play some plays he will learn. What better way for Joe to learn than to be out there in games playing? Take a bit of the pressure off of Brett. Joe can evade some of the pressure that seems to pour through our O-Line. Brett getting hit even a few less times in a game can only be a good thing, plus it gives Joe some experience for next year. Does anyone honestly forsee T-Jack being here next season? Why not start breaking in Joe now and give him a head start on next year? I think he could really help us out if he can get some playing time.

30. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

I just studied the next 6 weeks — if we win out, there is a chance at the playoffs—

31. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

None of the teams that are sitting so nicely now have an easy row in front of them— we need to take care of business, and time will tell.

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

32. By MTVike on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

We have struggled as of late in the red zone. Imagine this scenerio: Favre gets us to 2nd and 5 from the 8 yard line. In comes Webb or Jackson, who takes the snap and goes strong to the right, but hands off to AP or Harvin on a reverse. The defense would totally be keying on our mobile QB. Childress would have run AP into the pile even though the O=line has proven that it can’t make a hole. I just hope Leslie can help the O-coordinator get creative.

33. By PAUL M. on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

CONGRATULATIONS LESLIE. PROVE TO US THAT YOU’RE NOT JUST ANOTHER GLORIFIED ASSISTANT!

34. By PAUL M. on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

BRET SHOULD BE OUR FUTURE QUARTERBACKS’ COACH! JUST LOOK AT THE POSITIVE EFFECT HE’S HAD ON AARON RODGERS!

35. By VAvikefan on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Conner…that Vick remark was idiotic! He fought dogs. OK…he payed his debt and now he’s back playing good football. That’s the beauty of America, YOU CAN GET A SECOND CHANCE!!! God forbid YOU make a mistake in life…smh

36. By VAvikefan on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Oh..and the Timberwolves lost to my spurs! =) wheww…that was a close one! lol

37. By fireD childress on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

just think, we could of picked up Vick last year with a different coach. too bad the hired Chilly in 2006.

38. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

VAVike– that was exactly my point when I posted— did Vick return to his former actions? Because if not, he deserves a chance. But for the grace of God, there go I.

39. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

40. By fireD childress on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

we could contend with green Bay with Vick

41. By fireD childress on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

we will win 2 more games this year 5-11 final record

42. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

It is possible we win all six games. 9-7

43. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

44. By fireD childress on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

possibly only in your mind Sane. i’m a reality person, i don’t live in a fantasy world. everyone i know who lived in fantasy worlds are dead and buried. doesn’t say much for your future

45. By fireD childress on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

next week you will be on here saying we can be 8-8

46. By fireD childress on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

i would rather see a 4th round draft pick

47. By fireD childress on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

i meant 4th pick in the draft

48. By Frederick Jones on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Connor, I happen to know Marcus Sherels. He is absolutely a great guy. They list him at like 5’10″ 170′. I haven’t seen him in a few years, but I bet he’s smaller than that. He is a very good athlete, and can jump. They had him at WR at the U of Minn. for a year. He played HB in high school. A very, very unselfish player. He also had a brother, Mike Sherels who had a tryout with the Vikings last season. Mike went 6′ and 230 at MLB and could hit!!!

49. By Frederick Jones on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

BSAS is a never say die kind of guy. Like Walter Payton’s “Never Die Easy” book. fireD Child you gotta be super happy now. You led the firing squad on this blog. Right now, every body and his sister is glad they fired the coach. He didn’t play the political game very well. It happens to alot of coaches.

50. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

BSAS and Fredrick. You are correct. I am a former student athlete and coach and I have followed these comments all season . I am a female, but I know quite a bit about football. My dad played in high school and was recruited by the U , but enisteted with the army instead. Positivity has been proven to increase productivity. Please to all “True Viking Fans”, I implore you to stand
    behind your team !!!

51. By Frederick Jones on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Vick payed his dues. I would be glad to have him as the Vikings QB. I do not seriously think it will happen. Vince Young may have to change his attitude, but he is after all YOUNG.

52. By Frederick Jones on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Sue G, Thank you for your remarks. You no doubt have heard about the tests they have done on humans regarding positive remarks. You are actually stronger when people say good things about you, and weaker if they say bad things.

53. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Frederick, I agree, Philly will not let him go. I think Young is poison at this point

54. By Frederick Jones on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

We need more female input on this blog. There’s too much machismo right now, myself included.

55. By Frederick Jones on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Yes, Young is poison. Perhaps Coach Frazier can get the POISON to work for us. Vince Young is an inconsistent passer, but when he’s on, it’s spectacular!

56. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I think we need to put the “fun back in dysfunctional!

57. By Bruce on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Frazier activating Tackle Patrick Brown proves to me that he wants to fix this O-line protection. If Loadholt or Mckinney are not staying with their block, then throw Brown in there for a few reps. Sometimes the best way to get the best out of a player is have their possible replacement standing on the sideline.

58. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Frederick, I believe in giving anyone a second chance… and maybe? Fasier can keep him in check? I would love to see McNabb come here!

59. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Well, nice to see SOME SANITY RETURNING!

60. By Frederick Jones on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Bruce, I think you may have something there. The 49ers used to juggle their O-linemen during their glory years. It seems like that would be a good idea if the DEs and LBs are blowing by our tackles anyway!!!

61. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Bruce, Loadholt couldn’t block himself……I’m hoping the help coming form the “practice squad will create a sparkl

62. By Frederick Jones on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Coach Frazier rotates alot of guys in on the D-line. Perhaps he’ll do the same on offense.

63. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

McNabb signed a 5 year, 75,000 dollar deal with Washington a few days ago.

64. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

75 million

65. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, I have loved your comments all year…..I was just a little intimidated by being female on a male dominated site.

66. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Actually, thanks Sue, but this positive stuff goes beyond any psychological testing– it has been proven over and over, but God wired us to achieve through praise and positive reinforcement– that is our genetic make-up– call those things which are not as though they were– and then you become that reality— That is true reality. For decades all the fans complain and prophetically declare the Vikings will choke— ask yourself, do those words become true? Every year.

Whether you expect something positive or negative, you will be right.
    It is easy to say we will be 2-4 the remainder of the season. We could be 0-6 or any possibility with 6 games left. To me, right now, we are 6-0 until something tells me otherwise.

67. By Frederick Jones on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Hey, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. The Vikings are going to win some games!

68. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

firedchildress, the contract has an “out”. It is not a definite.

69. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

What? Intimidated by the naysayers? Why? When you stand for truth, it does not matter if there are ten thousand lashing out at you— there are more of us than them.

70. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

you can’t rotate a offensive line and have consistancy. thats a proven fact

71. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

too bad they hired Chilly in 2006- we more then likely have Vick now, if we had a different coach last year

72. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

TRUE FANS ARISE!!!!!! COME OUT OF YOUR HOMES, COME AWAY FROM YOUR CHORES, COME AWAY FROM THE CAR, COME OUT OF THE CUPBOARDS!!!

ARISE TRUE FANS, MALE, FEMALE, CHILDREN, DOGS, CATS & GOLDFISH!!!!!

73. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

we will end up with someone elses backup again, like Kolb

74. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Listen to this — fireDchild, always looking back– too bad this didn’t happen in 2006, could have, should have— man, this is NOW– keep looking back and you are never living. I do not think you are happy unless you are complaining. Enough already. Try for one week to not once complain—be thankful for everything and each day of that week– stop yourself when that negativity arises— can you go 24 hours?

75. By Frederick Jones on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

BSAS is right. Most of the time when I talk to someone (in person) about the Vikings, they give me a very negative remark. “Culpepper will never win a super bowl” for example. That’s okay when said by a Packers, Lions, or Bears fan, but when it’s said by a Vikings fan….it makes you wonder. You are not helping our 12th man, which is a very real thing in the minds of players and coaches!!!

76. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

GO VIKINGS!!!!
    BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

77. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

9-7– LET’S GO!!!!

78. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

win some games…then watch the playoffs, thanks chilly

79. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, I majoried is Psy and believe firmly

in positve attitude. I am not iirational in thinking we will go 6-0, but I do believe in this team and hope that Farve can go out on a positive note

80. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Frederick– every year– even years when we are real solid and came off a great season from the year before— I say– this year, Superbowl– and 90% of the Minnesotans say– Yeah, BUT– then they go on and say we will not make it.

81. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

no, maybe 1/2 hour. i do know Chilly conned the Vikings into hiring him. i read the story about it. you should too

82. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

his resume was one big lie

83. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, Frederick, I am with you….Go Vikes!!!!!!Skol

84. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

If we did that individually, we would not make it out of our homes, let alone our beds— Nope, I am not getting up today, it is too cold outside of the blankets, and I might fall when I shower. Oh, my car will break down driving to work. My team or audience will hate my presentation, they will never buy into the vision– imagine such a life. Many people live with that compass every day– and they struggle.

85. By Frederick Jones on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

FIRED CHILD, Perhaps you are too young to remember the 49ers of the 70s and 80s. They did not ROTATE the offensive linemen, but they did substitute frequently like Frazier does with our defensive line.

86. By Frederick Jones on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

fired childress, where is that book, or article located?

87. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

he had the backups to get away with that. they were all pro-bowl type players on the o-line, even the backups were

88. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

it was on http://www.nfl.com

89. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Firedchildress, Will you ever be happy? The team is doing what they can to win? They are re-evaluating everything. Did you see the pressers with Frasier and Brett?

90. By Frederick Jones on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I am not going to name any names, but many of the sports writers with ANY newpaper are not above lying if it makes a good story. NEVER LET THE TRUTH GET IN THE WAY OF A GOOD STORY. ESPN and NFL Network are the same way.

91. By Frederick Jones on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

fired childress is right, the 49ers had some good linemen in those days.

92. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

mike Lombarti wrore the article about Chilly a few days ago. still looking for the link, but can’t find it

93. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

yes i did. i will be happy when the Vikings build a new stadium

94. By Frederick Jones on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

fireD childress, I went to nfl.com but didn’t see it right away, and gave up. If you find it, let me know. Mike Lombardi That’s good to know.

95. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

i just want to see the Vikings win the superbowl. i’ve been watching the Viks since age 5 and sick of the heartache

96. By Frederick Jones on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Why would Childress have to falsify his resume? He had all the years with Philly, Wisconsin, and etc. It’s hard to believe he would have to lie to get the job!

97. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

i really think we could of won a superbowl with a different coach in that 4 year span

98. By Frederick Jones on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Purple Rain, Purple Rain! (The lyrics are good!)

99. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Frederick, you were right what you said weeks ago— Sue G is a living testament to when you said there are more positive fans out there– and UBrettcha, and many others that come on for a moment— there are many more that believe — they need to arise and let their voices be heard. Sue– get all your friends to pipe in on the blog— let the games begin!
    Fred– do you really think firechild is too young to remember the 49ers teams you mentioned? I think he is older than me.

100. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

found it

101. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

With the right coach, we would have won about 3 Superbowls since 87, and probably appeared in up to 5– with a Parcells caliber coach– we had the players.

102. By Frederick Jones on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

There are still a few franchises that have not even been to the Super Bowl, and quite a few that have never won it. It would be nice.

103. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

i was in grade school in the 80′s, and remember the 49′ers. they were my 2nd best team next to the vikings. i also bought the tapes and watched them when i was older

104. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

did you read the article fred?

105. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

i believe that also

106. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Oh, I am older than you firechild– I just read the article

107. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

our window closed this year. our players are older and we will have to rebuild

108. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

that 98-2002 period alone should have been 2-3 Superbowl appearances

109. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

BSAS and Frederick,
    Firdchildress must have a problem dealing with a female who knows something about football….cuz, he won’t even answer my answer to his $75M

110. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

yeah, too bad they didn’t fire green and promote Brian B.

111. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Coincidentally I am reading that book Lombardi mentioned right now– Blink– excellent author, Malcom Gladwell– if you are an entrepreneur such as myself- you would enjoy his books– The Tipping Point– I found very interesting as relates to marketing and business goals.

112. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

it didn’t see the question

113. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

No, Sue, he just might not have seen your post– happens to me when everyone is posting quickly—

114. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

See– what a coincidence

115. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

that contract is perfect for NcNabb. he’s happy about it, didn’t you see his presser? he was all smiles

116. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

remember Joey Browner?

117. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Did you guys see the posting about LT aying that he talked to Brett and cuz he wouldn’t commit he went to the Jets? Can you imagine AP and LT in our backfield? How about Rice and Moss(immature child) as W/R

118. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

does Sue live in Mn?

119. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

remember when Brett took a dive for Lawerence Taylor so Taylor could get the sack record?

120. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Lt never came here because he wasn’t familiar with the west coast offense

121. By Frederick Jones on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Fired, I did read the entire Mike Lombardi article and I also watched the video again. Yes, I agree that it is THE OLD BOY NETWORK that gets coaches hired in the NFL. No doubt. But it didn’t say anywhere that Childress LIED. Don’t worry, Childress is not in my top 10 among the greatest coaches in NFL history. Thank you!!!

122. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I honestly don’t think Brett wanted to come back– he obviously was tempted by the possibility of a Superbowl run– but with his body beat up, his age, the improbability of repeating his own performance, etc— and we know he did not like chilly very much— he had no need to come back.

123. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

i loved Joey, best DB we had

124. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

he was stong, had a black belt

125. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

i think we could win a superbowl with Vick

126. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

and a few other players of course.

127. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Firedchildress, Of course he was happy …..for now. What is they end ifthey end with
    a losing season….they can opt out….just saying or hoping

128. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

iff we had LT, AP -Moss and Rice all healthy-playoff bound for sure

129. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Well, Fred,. Fire, Sue and whomever is still up– I do respect Lombardi and I like watching him, but did you see any spin on the article? I thought it ironic that he and the media bias everything they put out — even the way he took excerpts from books– I am reading that book now, he used what he wanted and left out what did not work (i.e. spin) — in the end it is all politics. Just what you decide to wear when you meet a client, or go to a party– all spin– so I say so— I agree I do not see where Chilly lied– he took advantage of an opportunity– if anyone is to take responsibility for this season–it’s the people who hired Chilly– no one forced them.

130. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

i think he would have to get in a drag down fight with Mike S. to opt out. that won’t happen

131. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Yeah– firechild– that is what I always associate Browner with– karate– the commentators would always say when there was a scuffle — oh you don’t want to get into it with Browner

132. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

i think Wilf is gullable. his only downfall, putting to much trust in someone that doesn’t deserve it

133. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

i loved watching him do pick 6′s he was super fast, great hands

134. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, I don’t think Brett wanted to come back. I think the texts were true.
    Right after those came up to the media…the deadspin rumors came to light

135. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

i think we end up with Kolb

136. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

i don’t like Kolb, he’s good, but not great

137. By Frederick Jones on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, I don’t know how old anyone is on this site. You know that some people have even used names like Brad Childress. Brad Childress thanked me on this blog! If you believe that, my family owns some land I’d like to sell you!!

138. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

i feel sorry for Bretts wife D. Farve

139. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

you can tell how old people are by names, like Sue is probably in her 40′s late 40′s

140. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Fred is in his 60′s

141. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I was not impressed with Wilf at the press conference– looking at his script and reading— I never like doing that– I like to connect with my audience– and he was not giving a difficult presentation. When I watched that, all I thought about was how he wanted to be sooooooooo careful with what he said — his lawyers probably told him to say xy and z and nothing else.

142. By Frederick Jones on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Happy Thanksgiving!

147. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

yeah, Wilf seemed very preoccupied

148. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

how far off? and Sane knows because i gave my age away talking about the 49′ers

149. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Wilf didn’t make his money with presentations, thats for sure

150. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Fred was a popular name in the 40′s-50′s and early 60′s

151. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

i bet sue is about 48

152. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I disagree about the names and age– that is a rough estimate– sure certain generations tend to cl-uster around certain names– but I am sure there are Sue’s in every generation— now Fred maybe a little less so— although depends on the culture– maybe Fred is Hispanic– he could be 20 something. Or maybe Fred is Fredericka and she and Sue are sisters sitting at the keyboard together, in their 70s having milk, watching the blog with anticipation.

153. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

this blog can be picky— I could not get that last one to post until I put a dash in cl-uster

154. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

you are about 55 then

155. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I am in my prime.

156. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

sue must be blogging on all 3 blogs

157. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

No– do I sound like I am in my mid 50s? I know I am wise, but I am younger.

158. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

or she got mad at my age guess

159. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

– – it is going on 2am. I think I will be meandering towards ZE Bed.

160. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

you talked about a job you had in the Soviet union in the 70′s, so you cant be under 50

161. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I think your age guess was probably close– but I have met Sue’s in their 20s and 30s– it was popular in the 1960s though.

162. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Ha ha ha — I did not say I had a job there– I went there on holiday.

163. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

yeah, me too- talk to ya later

164. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I am under 50

165. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

i went to the Check Republic, to see relatives 20 years ago

166. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

my Grandmas sisters

167. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Chezk

168. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

firedchildress, I have lived in Mn all of my life. My dad started my liifelong Viking fan base by treating me to season tickets from the time I was 2 years old at the Met Stadium.. Can you match that?

169. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

That was probably cool– I love to travel.

170. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I am getting off this site– I want to get up at a reasonable time.

171. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

i lived in Minnesota my whole life too. i’ started going to games at 4 and my family owns 10,000 acres of land

172. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

yeah-me too.

173. By wipurplehead on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I have posted before about Vick, but there is no way that I want that piece of stuff on my favorite team!!! When are posters going to leave that whole train of thought alone??? He has not even come close to paying his dues. His salary thru NO choice of his, should be confiscated and given to any animal rescue/provider. I was able to ride the dark storm(chilly), but I have to say that if that low life EVER becomes our QB…..I’m gone!! That would cap the 40+ years and drive me away. When it was joked about a few years ago by my friends, I said at that time…IF HE COMES I GO…SIMPLE!! This sport of football just fills the gap between baseball and I can easily walk away!

174. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Firedchildess, No problem with you. I have been thru the good times and the bad times…..but have been a fan 4 ever. I have enjoyed your comments about Childress 4 ever. We won last year inspite of him…not because of him

175. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

wipurplehead, I totally agree…if we ever pick uo Vick… or even VY I am done!!

176. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Sue, do you live in Mn?

177. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Yes. I do…. You

178. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

sorry, i missed your comment. i can’t really match that. do you ever go fishing in the Park Rapids area?

179. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

yes, i was born and raised in southern Mn

180. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

lived here my whole life, will never leave

181. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

did i guess your age right?

182. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Love to fish….. but the last time I fished it was on a bay of Millet Lacs with my eex

183. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

how long ago was that?

184. By favre 4 ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Favre for ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

185. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

what games do you remember the most at the Met?

186. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

are you going to go to Canton when Farve gets inducted

187. By favre 4 ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Faver is the best and always will be he is only a small part of the problem the hole team is playing bad and he cant do everything he’s one of the only one giving it his all out there!!!!!!!!!!!!1

188. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

it’s too bad Farve goes out with a losing season. it’s Chillys fault

189. By favre 4 ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

i agree like i say if rodgers loses driver and jennings for the first 5 games how good are the packers then same boat we are in

190. By favre 4 ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

do i speak the truth or what Any one going the the viks and giants game on the 12th its my first game at the metrodome

191. By wipurplehead on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Sue, was that open water or ice fishing? Mille Lacs is so much fun when it is frozen!

192. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

your 1st game? where have you been?

193. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

going to see the legend in real life huh

194. By favre 4 ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I’ve fully become a vikings fan at first it was just about Favre but after following the team for 2 seasons there my team for the future

195. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

have far away from the stadium do you live?

196. By favre 4 ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I live in Menasha Wisconsin

197. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

oh, thats not far. i’m a season ticket holder, i’ll be there. and watch out when you open the door going into the stadium, big guest of wind. good luck, going to bed

198. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

firdcjilrress, I am ;ooking @ the last

days ny 40′s , but lookong towards my 50″‘s.
    I am in the best shape of my life and proud o
    f it

199. By favre 4 ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

sounds like my man Brett.

200. By favre 4 ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

anyone on here that wants to talk about the Vikings???

201. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Mechsoldier, you seem to feel that the barbaric cultural rituals of South America and Spain justify another act of barbarism in the southern U.S. If this is your point, why stop there? Several middle-eastern countries have the hands of convicted felons chopped off. What would that do to Vick’s career?

202. By favre 4 ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

come on no one wants to talk football???

203. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Firdchillress. Frederick BSAS, NovaScotia. You are by far my favorite guys.
    @firedchillrdress…. my favorite play at the MET…..I wan’t there…..but has to be Jim Marshall running to the wrong end zone after an intercepton.

204. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Sorry Guys, I meant Eller

205. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Novavikes,
    I want to thank you for your pressers…. i had everyone I read it to……in tears.
    Please keep tthe “fun” in dysfunction

206. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

@4er vikes….Are you really forever a Vikings fan? I was a toddler sitting in the frozwn bleachers at Met Stadiun….watching Fran throw ints. etc to not get us the Superbowk,….. I m a true Vinkings fan,,,,,Dont doubt my faithfullnelless or knowlege of football.

207. By Guest on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Too bad we are out of the playoffs should of fired chilly 4 games ago but I guess its not bad seeing a new revolution without chilly.

208. By rocksalt on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

This “positivity lovefest ” banter is quite interesting. While it is true that positive thinking can have positve effects on one’s own view of reality, and no doubt people will respond to kindness and encouragement in kind, It has by no means ever been proven that fans expressing frustrations has actually prevented teams from winning. If the team is truly professional, it is highly unlikely that the fans expressing frustration on a blog would have any impact on the performances of highly skilled, highly paid professionals…….
    If by merely thinking positively, we could change the world, then why do we not focus on more important crusades……such as as world hunger, poverty, crime, enviromental issues, war……
    We should all think positively so as to effect these issues, rather than on some relatively insignificant form of entertainment.

Another reason to be skeptical of the JUST THINK POSITIVELY mantra, is the troubling underlying premise that expressing rage, frustration, sorrow, etc has no value………..If that were the case, then there would be no compelling opera, theatre, writing, painting, poetry, music……..
    The JUST THINK POSITIVE notion is a bit scary….like the SOMA tablets in BRAVE NEW WORLD………

209. By MTVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

You people mke me laugh. People do the best they can. Sometimes it just isn’t good enough! Childress did his best and got the job-good for him. He thought he would do well. He just failed- miserably, and many of us saw it long ago. He just has little common sense and is not good with people. Zigy is a great guy and wants to have a great football team. So he’s not a great public speaker…I’m ok with that. It took him a while to see that Childress repeats the same mistakes, but he figured it out. Now I’m excited for the future of this team again!

210. By MTVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

We don’t want or need Vick, McNabb, or Kolb. We should look to find the next Brady, Manning, or Rivers. Given a chance, it might be Webb. Brad Johnson was one of the best QBs we ever had, but we traded him away for the best part of his career, and brought him back at retirement age.

211. By MTVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I’m hopeful that Frazier is the next Dungy or Billick, but up to this point, his Defensive play calling is suspect. We need more aggressive blitzes, especially at third and long. I’m hoping to see him create some competition at O-tackle: pull guys out when they lose focus, jump offsides, etc.

212. By MTVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

You guys keep trying to pick a win/loss record. Let’s do it like the team does: I want to be 4 and 7 after Sunday, then I’ll worry about nest week. It was hard knowing that Childress would start each game so conservatively until we’d get behind. Now I’m optimistic again!

213. By MTVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I thought everyone handled the firing/ interim hiring thing with class, from Zigy to Brad to Brett and all the players. Let’s go play some football. I don’t see this as a huge rebuilding thing. We still have a lot of young talent. Leslie, please coach with a Sean Payton mindset. Every play ia an opportunity.

214. By MTVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I hope you guys in Minnesota can keep your team and appreciate what you have. Here in Montana, we could never get that many people in one spot at one time, let alone every weekend. We dream of getting to a Viking, Bronco, or Seahawk game once every few years. I’ve been a Viking fan for over 40 years, and have yet to make it to an actual game…maybe next year!

215. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Rocksalt, What do we have…if not hope.

216. By Sue G Vikes 4 Ever on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

MTVike, I agree, let’s “start” playing football. Lets start with the O-line and end with the D-line. If they step up, we will be victorious! Go Vikes…Skol!
    PS. Skins are pretty beat up

217. By MTVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Sue, don’t you ever sleep? I got up this morning and read all these posts. It looked like you guys were up half the night! Now you’re back again? SKOL

218. By raymond on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

favre will play another yr

219. By mtrans1 on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

lets get over what vick did shall he pay for life he is the best in the league and we could use him or Mcnabb which we had a chance to get them both and went for favre thank God chiily is gone but he got rid of raqndy before he left a bad move.I like Webb he should get his chance now he had a wonderful preseason. we can still get in the playoffs bears and Green bay arent that good. GO VIKES

220. By DRS on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I tell U all that no QB can win with the Oline and Dline play from the Vikings this yr. I do not think God could do any thing with the boys playing now. To worried about money and contracts are they. I liked it when the replacements played when the pro’s whent on strike! They had hart and loved the game, not the money. I like hart over telant! All have a happy thanks giving and may God bless U all!

221. By kevin kratsch on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

PACKERS NOT THAT GOOD? TYPICAL VIKINGS FAN…BLIND. WE JUST CREAMED YOU GUYS, AND YOU SAY WE AREN’T THAT GOOD. HAHAHA.
    WHAT’S BRETT DONE FOR YOU EXCEPT EAT UP YOUR CAP.
    YOU ARE DONE FOR THE YEAR.
    AND THE PACK WILL GO TO THE SUPER BOWL.

222. By Woodboat on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Kevin….

I’d like to say that you are wrong across the board, but you aren’t. The Packers are looking good, and I think they have as good a shot as any NFC team to make it to the big game. I think the Falcons are looking better ATM, but time will tell.

The rest of your statement is unfortunately true.

223. By Woodboat on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Webb did have a good preseason… against 3rd stringers and guys that got cut. I’d like to see him play so that they have film on him to evaluate whether he can play on sundays. If not, look to the draft. Problem is, Frazier is auditioning for the head coaching job, and Favre still gives the best chance to win. Frazier isn’t looking to the future for this team, he’s looking to HIS future.

224. By Justin on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I have serious doubts that Frazier will salvage the season, with all the injuries that have crippled our roster. If we lose to the Redskins, it’s 100% confirmed our record will be 3-13.

225. By fossvet on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

has anybody been watching the same games as me leslie frasier hasnt called a full good game ever, y hasnt he gotten a head coaching job cause hes not that good, cant get pressure on apposing quarterbacks with front four, then give them help with a blitz, we shut down greenbay this week until we backed away and let them have all day he is just not that good. sorry but im a lifetime vikings fan and thats reallity

226. By fossvet on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

lets see what joe webb can do, or do we need to draft or find another qb

227. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

i think Parcells may be coming next year if Frazier fails

228. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

i’m not sure if we can beat Detroit either, i’m afraid Justin is right

229. By fossvet on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

try to get a bill cowher, or jimmy johnson they can straighten it out pay for real talent

230. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

…..Breaking News……Breaking News…….Green Bay (AP)……..Tragedy was averted on this Thanksgiving Thursday when a homemade toaster-oven exploded in a Green Bay trailer park. The fire was contained to a single trailer. 36 members of the Doorstop family all escaped with first-degree turkey grease burns, but are all now homeless……( Reporter)….”Chief, what happened?”…….(Firechief)….”Seems that they built a toaster-oven out of 4 pieces of Plexiglass, 6 propane torches and a 76 Chevy Vega.”……(Rep)….”36 members of the same family?”…..(FC)….”We’re pretty sure they’re Doorstops. They all have 7 webbed toes on each foot.”……(Rep)….”Mothers,daughters,sisters,wives, aunts?”…..(FC) “Sometimes, all in one.” (Victim being wheeled to ambulance)…” I TOLD THEM it should have been on the TOP RACK!!!!”……(Rep)….” Was there anything salvaged?”…..(FC)..140 cases of ” Night Train” wine.”…..( Rep)…..” How could anyone be so foolish to cook a 35lb. turkey in a homemade toaster-oven?”………(FC)..” They were Packer Fans.”

231. By Justin on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

@firedchildress

Exactly. Look at how Detroit performed the first 3 quarters today. Suh terrorized Brady all day. Shaun Hill actually made alot of progress up and down the field with his receivers. And so on. If it wasn’t for giving up in the 4th quarter, the Lions would of beat the Patriots. Still, seeing them perform makes me really nervous when they come to town on January 5th (or thereabouts).

232. By Julien on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

If the vikings dont draft a Qb in the first round I will hate the vikings forever..Im sick of washed out Qb’s comeing to minnessota.Seriously..Learn from the packers bears and lions, rodgers cutler and stafford…

233. By Justin on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Then again, since by January 5th we may be 3-12, I shouldn’t be nervous since this season was a bust anyway.

234. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Breaking News…… Breaking News….. The local chapter of the Green Bay S.P.C.A. is urgently seeking homes for 454 cats and a mongrel dog named “Goober.”

235. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Justin– we go to Detroit. They already played here– we won 24-10, AP had his longest TD run at 80 yrds– remember?

236. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

SueGVikes4Ever, thank you for the kind words.

237. By Justin on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

@Sane

I forgot. This season has been such a drag that the first 4 weeks before the Bye seem like a blur.

238. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, not a lot to remember this year–Hopefully we will have some wins coming now.

239. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

it’s time we get a qb that can run. if we have to go to the draft to get it done or via free agency, lets just get it done. lets give Webb a try 1st

240. By Brandon Vikes fan 4 life on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

I believe the vikings still got it in them. Packers have a loss coming this weekend. They play atlanta at home… As far as the vikings go. I believe they need to throw Joe Webb in as the starter next year. Give the kid a try, He looked descent in pre season. What did he get a 49 or 59 yard run from scrimmage? I think this kid looks promising. He has the ability to move around like micheal vick with out the history of him.

I would also like to see Bill Cowher brought in as a head coach. hes proven to build a super bowl caliber team. We have the players, We just need a scheme and 200% effort this next coming season.

241. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Brandon, it really doesn’t matter what the Packers do anymore. we are already out of the playoffs

242. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

i do hope the packers get knocked out of the playoffs in the 1st round

243. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

we want teams like Carolina, Buffalo, Cinncinnati, Detroit and Dallas to win so we can get a higher Draft pick in the 1st round

244. By Justin on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Eh, I think Buffalo and Carolina will get worse records than us, ultimately. I forsee the Cowboys winning a couple of games before the end of the season, and the Lions have a better shot at winning a few games than the Bengals. I predict the draft order:

Carolina
    Buffalo
    Bengals
    Vikings
    Lions
    Dallas

I really doubt we’ll be #1.

245. By fireD childress on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

if we lose to buffalo, i can see them jumping behind us in the draft order

246. By Justin on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, if. The Bills can be a good team if you let them.

247. By MTVike on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

fossvet, I have to agree with you. I’m hoping he’ll do better without Childress looking over his shoulder. Just trying to cling to some sort of hope.

248. By daniel on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

First off, Brett needs to sit, chances of the Vikes getting into the post are slim, and we know Bret wont be back next season and we know he’s beat up and stuck in the pocket, and as my opinion he’s playing for a paycheck and stats not for heart and will to win, he said it he was planning on hanging it up. We need to give defenses a reason to not blitz the qb on 3rd and long. Theres no loss in letting t jak play n we can see how well he’s coming along. Why not.

249. By MTVike on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

daniel, you said “why not?” so here it comes. As a coach, you never give up and your players need to see that because that’s what you expect from them. You even said chances are “slim” not “done.” You go with Brett because he gives you the best chance of winning. He is only about heart and winning and the love of the game. He could care less about the streak,he already has it, and the same with his stats. He holds all kinds of records including interceptions and he can’t unthrow any of those. In the back of your mind, you know that once the wildcard chances are mathematically impossible, you move on to T-jack and Webb. If Brett is struggling, or “heaven forbid” you get a good lead, you take that opportunity to play those guys. We do need to see if Tavaris has gotten better and Webb needs a real chance against 1st string talent.

250. By MTVike on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Somebody said on here that we need to draft a Quarterback. Don’t you realize, we did, and he hasn’t even gotten in a game yet. He looke good in pre-season, and be the guy we need. He’ll get his shot, and I expect him to be awesome.

251. By mr smiff on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

daniel, both you and your opinions s@#k. that’s my opinion.

252. By B-Pro on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

Why would Bill Cowher come to Minn to coach. I wouldn’t. He lives in Raleigh, NC. and carolina is a better fit with fox gone after this year. Plus, they have a better defense then we have with alot of young talent. Their off-line is better then ours and they have a better core of running backs then we do except for AP. They lack a QB and a #2 rec. Unfortunately they will have the worst record in the league and will draft the best QB in the draft and he’s in Stanford.

253. By Kyle on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

I have a feeling that if Frazier keeps the Head Coaching job if theres a good QB we could get where ever we are in the Draft he will get him, if not hes going for a Safety, he was a DB when he played and he knows we need alott of help in our secondary (Husian Abdullah is playing great i think). i want to see Jamarca Sanford play he seems like he would be a play maker, i would love to get Cam Newton from Auburn if all yous want a Mobile QB hes the one to get and he will be there in the Draft for us,.. and Bill Cowher will not come 2 MINN he said he wants a franchise QB to build around so hes out the Picture.. i would love to have Jon Gruden. he said he loved Joe Webb and his ability if he comes he will give Webb a shot …

254. By Justin on Nov 26, 2010 | Reply

I wonder if Wilf has the guts to let Jackson go to free agency after this season? If he does, it’s sure bet we’ll draft a QB in the April draft.

255. By DRS on Nov 27, 2010 | Reply

Lets see if the new coach works out before we look for someone new.

256. By DRS on Nov 27, 2010 | Reply

lets get this season done with befor we look for new players. One can never tell what will happen in the future. Who will be waved. who will be a free agent. One can not ever tell who will be good or great out of the college system. They may be good in college but suck in the NFL.

2. Nov 24, 2010: Vikings Make Roster Moves Official | Vikings Stop Blog