On The Docket For Wednesday

Posted by Mike Wobschall on November 24, 2010 – 9:33 am

We know that Leslie Frazier is Vikings Interim Head Coach and we know that Brett Favre is Frazier’s starting QB this weekend. But there are some things we don’t know and to figure it out we’ll have to listen to Frazier’s press conference later this morning, which you can watch live on vikings.com at around 11:20 a.m. CT today.

A few things I’ll be keying in on during Frazier’s press conference are…

– Who will get looks with the 1st team at RG? Anthony Herrera is likely out for the season and the Vikings will need to plug someone in. Will it be Ryan Cook? Chris DeGeare? What’s the plan? I think Frazier has one and I’m sure he’ll be asked about it later this morning.

– Playcalling. Has offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell’s autonomy changed with Brad Childress now out? Will Frazier still call defensive plays?

– Speaking of calling defensive plays, has Frazier officially appointed a defensive coordinator?

– Frazier has mentioned that the team will see changes – no major changes but tweaks – in how it operates on a day-to-day basis. What are a few examples of those changes?

Those are just a few topics that will likely be broached at this morning’s press conference. What else do you want to know? What are you looking to hear from Coach Frazier? Let us know what you think in the comments section below this entry.

Tags:

82 Responses to “On The Docket For Wednesday”

1. By viking joe on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

west coast offence has to go! and back to some pro football! lets get it done Leslie !! skol viks

2. By purplefavrefan on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

hope you guys can still bring us some hope…love #4!!! ;)

3. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Sound your horns, Vikings fans—

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

4. By NovaScotiaVke on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Brett, I live in a third world country and haven’t seen a real woman in a really long time. I’ve noticed Deanna hasn’t been around much and wanted you to know I would love to have anal sex with you. I have gerbals!!!!! Sext me, I would consider every rectal tear as a badge of honor.

5. By wisvikefan4 on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

@NovaScotiaVke It’d be better for all of us if you’d keep your gross comments to yourself.

6. By Bruce on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

************MIKE***************8

YOU NEED TO KEY ON ASKING FRAZIER HIS PLANS FOR FIXING THE PROTECTION OF FAVRE!!!!!! ASK LESLIE IF THEY CAN FIX THE FACT THAT BRETT IS THE SECOND MOST HIT QB IN THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!

7. By Bruce on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

************MIKE***************

8. By Bruce on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

************MIKE*************

9. By Bruce on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

************MIKE*************

10. By Bruce on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

************MIKE************

YOU NEED TO KEY ON ASKING FRAZIER HIS PLANS FOR FIXING THE PROTECTION OF FAVRE!!!!! ASK LESLIE IF THEY CAN FIX THE FACT THAT BRETT IS THE SECOND MOST HIT QB IN THE LEAGUE!!!!!

11. By vikingreality check on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

NovaScotiaVke – you’re on the wrong blog, this is a football blog, not for your perverted sick fantasy. Your disgusting post says a lot about you. You Imbecile!

12. By Bruce on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

ASIDE FROM OUR DEFENSE ALLOWING MORE POINTS SCORED AGAINST US IN HOME GAMES (AVERAGE OF 7 MORE POINTS A GAME EVERY HOME GAME)

WE NEED TO FIX THE PROTECTION PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYBODY KNOWS THIS, THE FANS ALL COMPLAIN ABOUT IT, BUT NONE OF THE MEDIA BRINGS THIS UP!!!!!

THINK ABOUT IT MIKE!

SECOND MOST HIT QB IN THE LEAGUE!!!!

HECK THAT WAS LAST WEEK, MAYBE HE IS NUMBER #1 NOW

13. By Bruce on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

PLEASE DELETE NOVASCOTIAVKE’S POST AND BAN HIS EMAIL ADDRESS!

14. By NovaScotiaVke on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

This is a football blog? Have you watched our team lately?

15. By Bruce on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

NOVA, THAT WAS WAY OUT OF LINE BY ANYONE’S STANDARDS! KNOCK IT OFF!

16. By packerfanfirst on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Yea, ban NovaScotiaVike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. By Gabriel on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Hahah Bruce your are consistent I’ll give you that much but your going to have to realize that favre is at fault and most of the hits are because he is too slow to get away the o-line has it’s problems there isno doubt but Brett has to throw the ball away Instead of trying to make a play because at most he should have 10 ints so far the other seven have been selfish plays that he just throws Hoping the defensive back doesn’t know how to catch

18. By Frederick Jones on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Do the Vikings need a General Manager? That is a tough job, and who would they get to do it? Remember what happened in Detroit with Matt Millen.

19. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Wow, Nova, I am losing respect for you fast– that was so out of line!! I enjoyed chatting with you over the weeks, but, well, all I can say, is think before you post.

20. By Gabriel on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Why not give Adrian 25 carries a game at least let ap carry this offense taking less pressure on favre, ap has earned the right to carry this team let him try and make 1st downs we would be 7-3 if we hadn’t turned it over 21 times there is no doubt Adrian is responsible for only 1! And yet we aren’t giving him an increased number of carries if it’s the protection thatsthe problem then puttee ball in our best players hands as much as possible!!!! Run from passing formations and have two running back setsin which we could throw quick dump offs to Adrian or Toby we gottta get them out there’ at the same time

21. By wipurplehead on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

@Be Sane…..Look close at the spelling, somebody is trying to post under Nova’s name. More than likely a low life pack fan…..I caught it right away!

22. By Frederick Jones on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, hopefully that was not Nova!

23. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, it seemed out there and out of style for Nova– Thanks wiprhead– I am a bit groggy this morning— I read on the other blog Nova said he was traveling to his cottage where there was no internet— SO, we have an impostor — very good to know– anyone can pretend to be someone else– that is low, unless it is clean humor—–

24. By Frederick Jones on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Gabriel, yours was an interesting post. Remember when Tarkenton was QB and he had guys like Foreman, Young, and Marinaro coming out of the backfield. They used the “pro set” quite a bit in those days. Now it seems like the pros use I formation, or singleback formation or similar most of the time. Shotgun. Perhaps it was the 3-4 defense that rendered the pro set offense obsolete.

25. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

IMPOSTOR ALERT ++++++ IMPOSTER ALERT++++++ IMPOSTER ALERT
    That NovascotiaVike posting was done by someone other than Nova— in fact, read through the blog here and see if you can determine who it is— I see a candidate– who wants to ban Nova and said yay?

Packer fans are resorting to their dirty tricks (pun intended).

26. By Frederick Jones on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

@BSAS One can be anything they want on the blog!

27. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

IMPOSTER====IMPOSTER=====IMPOSTER===IMPOSTOR ALERT++++++++++++

Green Bay team posing as a Superbowl Contender!!

28. By Frederick Jones on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Why do Packer fans post here? I did post one on the Lions blog because I wanted to know how their blog was compared to the Vikings. I supposed it’s fun to stir up trouble.

29. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

My apologies to Nova, I really was shocked by that post– I should have known, thanks to wipurple to point that out. (I am sharp in the evening, not a morning person.)

30. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Frederick– I posted one on the Patriots and looked at others– our blog is definitely one of the most active– I checked out the Redskins site– they have quite an elaborate blog/chat area— very elaborate– take a look.

31. By Frederick Jones on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Gerhart and Foreman would make a good tandem. They would have to develop a love for blocking.

32. By wipurplehead on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

If you look it is “NovaScotiaVke” not NovaScotiaVike who is the legit one! Why is somebody doing this? Cuz pack fans are realizing they are going to come up short this season..LOL!

33. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Green Bay fans are on here for two reasons
    One, they are in a rare situation –above us in the standings and they are milking it for what they can (pun intended).
    Two, they deep down, subconsciously, want to follow their hero who made their franchise valid in the past 40 years— they miss Brett Favre!

34. By Bruce on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Gabriel, Favre can’t throw it away every time a defender breaks through in ONE SECOND and Favre has done that and been penalized with intentional grounding! FACE THE FACTS, THE PROTECTION SUCKS!!!!

35. By Frederick Jones on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, I found the Redskins blog. It wasn’t easy to get to it. They did not have many bloggers, and the ones they had seemed to be writers from the local newspapers! They really don’t encourage people to blog like here. This is the best blog I’ve seen so far (admittedly I’ve only viewed about four).

36. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

I agree Fred– but what I found impressive (granted I didn’t go into it much) was all the different message boards– with players, coaches, etc.

37. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Well, the Pats site had only 6 postings when I posted earlier this season– we have one of the most active, for sure. Let’s give thanks for the Vikings blog and all the amazing bloggers.

38. By Frederick Jones on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Would 2 backs coming out of the backfield ala Tarkenton neutralize the pass rush? It might keep the LBs occupied.

39. By packerfanfirst on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Congrats Wiprhd, you caught the fiendish imposter! But seriously, you guys need to get your act together or your team is going to LA just like the Lakers did and I would miss all this great fun!! Happy Thanksgiving.

40. By Frederick Jones on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Favre has said before that the hardest pass for him to throw is the flare to the running back. I still think that two quick pass-catchers coming out of the backfield would work. But, you would have to send the wide receivers deep.

41. By Frederick Jones on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Bruce, I’ve been trying to solve your o-line problem. Apparently you do not like the idea of two backs coming out of the backfield. That’s understandable. How would you solve the protection problem?

42. By Frederick Jones on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

I doubt they would switch the T’s with the G’s.

43. By Paul on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

On my way to DC for the game this week, cant wait to see what Frazier has for the dead skins. SKOL!!!!!

44. By Bruce on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

I like the idea of 2 backs and yeah they won’t switch out the guards with the tackles. To big of a learning curve this late in the season. My suggestion is to run more drills with different blitz packages and put the pads on more often. Work with Loadholt & Mckinney extra hours in the film room as well as on the field. Try out Patrick Brown and Thomas Welch if you have to.

45. By Bruce on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

And AP has a great attititude but there have been times he hasn’t picked up the blitzer like he should. Basically Pat Morris needs to be FIRED and REPLACED!!!

46. By Bruce on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

WOW, FAVRE HIT IT ON THE HEAD. THIS GUY KNOWS HIS S H I T!!!! TOO MANY PLAYS IN THE PLAY BOOK, TOO MANY VARIATIONS OF THE SAME PLAYS, CHANGING PLAYERS ALL THE TIMES IN THE SAME PLAYS. HOW CAN YOU GET GOOD AT RUNNING A PLAY WHEN YOU DON’T PRACTICE IT ENOUGH WITH THE SAME PLAYERS?

BRETT HAS GREAT POINTS, IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE. SHRINK THAT PLAYBOOK UP AND STAY WITH THE SAME GUYS SO BRETT AND THOSE RECEIVERS GET TO READ EACH OTHER’S MINDS.

BRETT YOU SAID YOU WOULD NEVER COACH, BUT I THINK YOU SHOULD COACH SOME DAY!!!

47. By Frederick Jones on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

@Bruce, I like all of your ideas. I find it hard to believe that AP cannot block. He must not be interested enough in it to get the job done. I don’t see them radically changing the offense this late. And nobody, from what I have seen uses that old Pro set offense anymore.

48. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

@Bruce– where did you see or hear that from Brett? I am looking on the site and I want to read/view that, but I cannot find it.

49. By packerfanfirst on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

@Bruce, the name of the game is surprise and not recognition, the QB is too lazy to learn new plays and opposing defenses know the old ones.

50. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Surprise is important, but execution is more important. Mistake free, sound fundamental football with control of the lines and the clock are what win games.

51. By Frederick Jones on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

In the Lombardi days, they claimed to have very few plays. The Vikings and Raiders a few years later had the same philosophy. I’ll bet there are teams right now that do the same.

52. By Frederick Jones on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Of couse if you lose, the pundants blame the lack of plays.

53. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

And in the end, you have to just want it more than the other team– eye of the tiger.

54. By wipurplehead on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

@packerfan….tivo’ed a piece on the LA team and stadium and watched it last night. As it stands today, both projects are stalled. The downtown one because of the EPA and permits. The one out of the city is not wanted because the party building it requires he be the majority owner. No current owner is willing to give up their property for obvious reasons…LOL! The other problem is until the new “CBA” is finalized there’s no league money available. Meanwhile, the teams that are currently looking at LA is the Raiders, 49′ers, and JAX. I have to be honest, in that I thought the Jag’s were the front runners!! Bottom line is there is not likely to be anything even done until 2014 at the earliest. The last thing that they put up was that until Calif gets back on it’s feet…the only way this “LA project” goes anywhere, someone has to front the ENTIRE cost, which has never been done to date! Also, the league owners have to authorize the move and that even seems to be questionable. One official said it is more likely that the league will expand BEFORE any movement is made…that is how locked up this whole thing is…WOW!

55. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

the Vikings are not going anywhere. Maybe Wilf will move them to New York someday, but the fan base is very strong here and in the end, it will all work out— I pay not attention to these cheeseheads and midway monsters– they are trying to rile Viking fans, but it is not working. The Vikings have been so dominant over the years, that our opponents are relishing in this anomaly where they are on top for a brief moment.

56. By wipurplehead on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

The reason I watched it was the “so called” arm twisting being done by Zygi. He is better off buying the “dome” for a dollar, which has been proposed. He could then spend a 1/3 of the cash to build a “new” into giving the stadium a massive renovation. Nobody knows if a new “CBA” is going to happen or if there will even be football next year? If the expanse is not closed and next year is a bust..It would be a terrific time to send in the construction crews to improve the stadium.

57. By Frederick Jones on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

wipurple, I read all of both of your last blogs. Very interesting indeed. A few weeks ago I asked the question: Is it possible, or likely for the Vikings to remodel the dome? No one answered.

58. By Frederick Jones on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Like most fans I tend to think the Vikings will stay. But who wants to be surprised? They could move to Chicago, and become the second team there. Why not?

59. By Frederick Jones on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Or Milwaukee. Jackson, MS.

60. By Frederick Jones on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

or even Texas. They love football in Texas, and there are alot of big cities that do not have teams.

61. By wipurplehead on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Fred, anything is possible with the right amount of cash. If Zygi did in fact “buy” the stadium for the dollar….It would in fact cost a bunch to remodel, but the benefit would be twofold for him. He would “invest” but he would then receive the revenue from any part of the domes use. He would be able to collect from the rental use, the concessions, the tickets, and that would make it a possibility. I have been to many games at the dome. I do not think that it is the “worst” venue in the league. With the right architect and designer, I can think of many ways to add to the current structure. I do not have the “structure testing” results as to the soundness of the actual structure. If those numbers are favorable, the rest is just window dressing. With our current abilities in construction, we have the methods to make anything with the right materials and the time to do the work. For examples, just look at our two rival teams homes. Both Soldier and Lambeau had recent massive projects and continue to bring in people to view their clubs…yep, it is possible!

62. By packerfanfirst on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

I hope you guys work it out because I think the NFC North is a great division except for Detroit. If Vikings go to LA they join the west and the Rams move to the NFC North? It wouldn’t be the same. I am surprised the new stadium isn’t going through.

63. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

( The Real One ) Well, well, looks like I must have struck a nerve with a Packer fan. Last time I checked, Canada wasn’t a third-world country. As for the rest of that garbage posted under “NovaScotiaVke”, I think it shows the lack of originality and IQ that we all expect from Packer fans. Thanks, WIPURPLEHEAD, for noticing that it wasn’t me. As for the coward who posted it, come on and we will have a “spirited” debate.

64. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Come on Packer fans, don’t you want to “chat”?

65. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Gutless, gutless, gutless.

66. By wipurplehead on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

@Nova(the real one…LOL!)…..anytime my friend!!!!

67. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Again, WIPURPLEHEAD, I appreciate your keen eye. All this has done is spurred me on to unleash torrents of venom on these cowards!

68. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Be afraid packer fans, be very afraid. I took it easy on Chili.

69. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Won’t some brave packer fan stick his head out of the swamp to talk?

70. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Spineless, gutless cowards. Those are your good points.

71. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

To anyone who cares, I got back from my cottage about 2:30 your time. I was planning to spend the night, but the power had been turned off. I guess some mouth-breathing packer fan took the opportunity to impersonate me. Sort of the literary equivalent of break-and-enter, or forgery, two cowardly crimes that one associates with severely limited intellects.

72. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Come up east and meet my third-world dog, you gutless bottom-feeder!

73. By DONTELLY on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

joe webb..joe webb..joe webb…joe webb..joe webb..joe webb…

74. By DONTELLY on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

joe webb..joe webb..joe webb..

75. By Bruce on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

PACKERFANFIRST, LIKE BRETT ALLUDED TO, HOLMGREN SAID LET THE OTHER TEAM BEAT YOU AT YOUR PLAY AND BRETT ALSO SAID YOU CAN GIVE A DIFFERENT LOOK BEFORE RUNNING IT. THE MAIN THING IS DOING THE SAME PLAY WITH THE SAME GUYS IN PRACTICE SO IT IS EXECUTED FLAWLESSLY AND THAT MAKES PERFECT SENSE!

76. By Conner on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

I’m outside the city limits of Lake Wobegon, but in the stadium talks is their any mention as to how many seats the new stadium would have to have? My concern is that the Vikes sell out the dome and that seats about 65,000? I hope they aren’t looking at 75,000 or 80,000. They may have some blackout games. I’m not losing sleep over the team moving. A report I heard showed that Wilf only needs 1/3 of the stadium publicly financed.

77. By mr smiff on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

HEY P3CKERFAN, WHY DO YOU CARE ABOUT OUR TEAM’S FORTUNES? WHAT’S IT TO YOU WHAT OUR QB SAYS OR DOES? ERIN RODGERS DON’T SEND A THRILL UP YOUR LEG THE WAY FAVRE DOES???

78. By mr smiff on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

I hpoe you P3cker fans understand, the more you bag on Favre, the more you look like jilted ex-wives. LET IT GO!!! GET OVER IT!!!

79. By mr smiff on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

I agree with Favre. It makes no sense running plays you’re not good at or don’t practice enough. A smaller playbook won’t make you less creative or more predictable. As a matter of fact, I would say it can produce the opposite effect in both cases. But I would like to know about protection for Brett, though. When are we going to hear about that?

80. By Dave Flood on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

With Brett the Brilliance is still there but can the body execute it consistently. Better protection would help a lot. A good performance is needed or we won’t get to see another game down here.
    Dave Downunder (fan since ’76)

81. By Stephanie on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

Packerfanfirst…uh, Brett was one of the only players that stayed in Minnesota during the bye week to watch extra film. He comes in Monday and Tuesdays and stays till late many nights watching film. Last season he got the receivers to download game film to their laptops so they could study film at home. I’m not sure where you get this whole “the quarterback is lazy” idea. I think you’re getting confused with his first couple years in the league where he didn’t understand the playbook very well and didn’t study as much. Most of his career he’s had an excellent work ethic. Most players don’t like practice, especially the veterans, but he shows up every practice even if he’s not feeling well.

2. Nov 24, 2010: On The Docket For Wednesday | Vikings Stop Blog