Player Reaction To Coaching Change

Posted by Mike Wobschall on November 22, 2010 – 3:42 pm

Several Vikings players have provided their thoughts on the Vikings coaching change. Here’s what they had to say…

DE Jared Allen
“Today is really a mix of emotions. I’m going to miss Coach Childress. Brad brought me here back in 2008, and I’m thankful for that. I wish him nothing but the best. At the same time, Leslie is a stand-up guy who has our respect. He helped turn this defense into a top ten unit year in and year out. Now this will be a chance for him to lead the organization. Leslie’s great at managing players and coaches, and I know the guys will play hard over the next six weeks.”

LB Heath Farwell
“Coach Frazier is very capable of stepping into this role. He’s an even-keel type of guy who has the respect of the locker room. This is a great opportunity for him to showcase his skills as a head coach, and I support him 100%. I feel bad for Coach Childress. Unfortunately he’s the guy that took the fall for us as players who haven’t been playing as well as we should. I have a lot of support for Brad and I wish him and his family the best moving forward.”

QB Brett Favre
“Leslie is a respected, knowledgeable coach and a quality person. I’ve enjoyed being around him the past couple years and I know he’s going to take this opportunity and make the most of it. What you see is what you get with Leslie. He has a background of winning Super Bowls as a player and coach and he knows what it takes to win in the NFL. He can relate to players having been in their shoes himself and will prepare the team well. Brad Childress is a good guy, a man with strong faith and a great family; I wish him the best in the future. I think we all, starting with me, could have done more to make this a successful season.”

LB Chad Greenway
“I’m saddened and humbled by the firing of Coach Childress. He gave me the opportunity to play for this organization and was responsible for bringing me into the NFL. He shouldn’t have to take the fall for our performance on the field, but now we have to move on. I have a lot respect for Coach Frazier. Leslie is a guy we’re very comfortable with. He’s never too up and down, and he does a good job with game-planning and preparing for opponents. He deserves the opportunity to be a head coach in the NFL.”

G Steve Hutchinson
“It’s a tough day because I respect the work that Brad Childress put into this team. Nobody in this locker room would have thought we would be in this position at the start of the season but we have to try to make the most of it now. Brad wanted to win more than anybody, and for whatever reason, it hasn’t happened. I have confidence that Leslie will do a great job moving forward. He’s a standup guy and has a great demeanor.  I know Leslie will be a positive presence for the guys on the team and we’re going to be behind him.”

K Ryan Longwell
“I’m excited for Coach Frazier to have an opportunity to be a head coach. At the same time, it’s disheartening to see Coach Childress go. Ultimately this game comes down to players playing, and we weren’t getting the job done.”

RB Adrian Peterson
“Leslie is a good man and will do a great job as the interim coach. He’s got great football smarts and players can relate to him and vice versa. He has a certain vibe and energy that everyone can feel when they’re around him. When he speaks, guys perk up and tune in. I feel for Coach Childress today. I’ve got the utmost respect for him and I will always owe him. One of my goals when I was drafted here was to win a championship with Coach Childress. He took a chance on me and I’ve always wanted to accomplish our ultimate goals together; I’m sad it didn’t work out that way.”

DT Kevin Williams
“We’re excited to go into the rest of the season with Leslie. We’re ready to roll from here and get back on the field. I wish Brad the best in the future. He and his family were always great to me and my family. As players, we’ve got to move forward from here with a new focus.”

DT Pat Williams
“I’m sad to see Coach Childress leave. I respect him as a coach and a person, but we have to keep fighting as a team for the remainder of the season. Leslie has my full support. He’s a good person and a good coach. He deserves to be a head coach in this league. Whether it’s here or somewhere else after this season, he deserves the opportunity.”

Tags: , , , , , , ,

347 Responses to “Player Reaction To Coaching Change”

1. By TW VIKE on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

One bright spot to a dismal season. Mike W. I hope you are next to leave!!

2. By PurpleParody on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Are those all the players who commented, or just the ones that were selected for this article? Although I doubt any of the players made a public statement that they were glad to see Childress leave, I’d bet that some might hint at that feeling with their comments.

But of course, Mike is paid to brown nose it to the bitter end.

3. By PurpleParody on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Even from these comments, it seems that a lot of the players feel that Frazier is more capable of motivating the team than what they’ve had up until him.

4. By Chaos on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Farewell Childress. now lets turn this team around! the boys from dallas have won 2 in a row with a new head coach. if they can do it then we can to. Lets go Vikings!

5. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Well, the truth comes out– the players did not play===not the coaches fault. I hope Childress gets a head coaching job somewhere in the NFL. Many of the players respected him— AP wanted to win a Superbowl with Chilly—I feel bad for Chilly—

6. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Favre clearly is happy about it though.

7. By Canadianviking on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I hope the first order of business is to try another qb. Favre, you can go back to your family. thanks for coming out.

8. By lifelongvikingsfan on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Hopefully the Vikings can move forward from here. I hope everyone understands that just because Childress is no longer with the Vikings the problems aren’t fixed. It seems to me that the “family dynamics” are a mess and the internal issues needs to be resolved. Firing Chilly might help with that but it goes beyond one person in any organization. Everyone on the team needs to get their right step right or get off the stage!

9. By plaxico furris on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

is fire childress going to get a new screen name now??????????????

10. By Derrick on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Wow…It’s a sad day in MN. You had to figure that this was unavoidable when the owner has to sit in the owners box and listen to thosands of fans chant “Fire Chilli”…he had no other choice…This is Sports Entertainment….like the gladiators of old…you have to appease the crowd or you have nothing…I’m a Bears fan but must say when the Vikes aren’t playing us I am a big fan of that team…I wish your team, your fans, and your city well…it looks like you guys are in for some interesting front page matrial ahead….

11. By chris on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

ahh, the fair weather (fans) comes back to minnesota, Hop back on the wagon and enjoy your ride. What will you say about leslie or whomever is the next coach when they have a losing streak.

12. By Lique Mascis on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I think Brad Childress was a non-programmatic fit with the Vikings this year. I don’t think he has been the most effective or qualified person to lead the team and now that this has been resolved I look forward to Leslie Frazier’s tenure as a head coach… I think he is the right man for the job and we’ll see The Vikings start to play a higher quality game because of it.

13. By Howie on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Watching the games this year and analysing the level
    of effort by several players ,it would probably
    be about 15% and even that is a stretch. In the,

14. By Crazy Minnesotain on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I was so HAPPY to hear that Childress was fired. Of course you know i feel sort of bad for him. But he just I personaly think he just had no idea what he was doing. So good luck in the future Chilly. Let’s get some Wins Leslie!

15. By Old School on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Little to late…………..2 games too late…….but it is time to move on!

16. By Howie on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

As I was saying, now you will see the real Vikings
    show up, count on it.!!! Childress should have
    gone sooner.

17. By gordoviking on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

It was time for Chilly to go. He proved that he is not head coaching material, maybe he will be hired as an OC by a team in desparate need, doubt it.
    Hoping the vikes get their team act together and see what happens the rest of the way.

18. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Childress is a successful coach, he can be proud of his accomplishments. The players should be ashamed of themselves.

19. By don on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Childress should never have been hired or allowed to last this long. He owed the extension to Favre who in 2009 hid the weakness of the offensive line and the defense by the gutiest performance I have witnessed by a qb. I wish Frazier well, but if the performance of the defense reflects his coaching, there will be no improvement. The offensive line is pathetic. You could put Brady or Manning back there and they would not complete anything. Quarterbacks need at least a couple of seconds and preferably more.

20. By lifelongfan on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

This is not a personal atack on Childress, but it was obvious he lost this team.. No need to feel sorry for the man, he’s getting paid plenty and will coach somewhere else, just not a head coach anytime soon. I can see Andy Reid taking him back in some capacity next year. Leslie should bring more emotion and team unity to the locker room. I like what he had to say in his press conference. He’s not planning to rewrite the entire script but make needed adjustments and jumpstart this flat team. I would be happy with 4-2 the rest of the way. As far as a football Czar, what about Dungy helping his old friend out next year to bring the Lombardi Trophy to Minnesota.

21. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

If the Viking players come out and win 5 or 6 of the last games, well, what does that say about the players? What does that say about their heart and professionalism? What does that say how they care about each other and some of the older vets who may not have any more chances at a Superbowl? Most importantly, what does that say about what the players think of us, the fans? If they had it in them to win all along and now need a cheerleader to inspire discipline to win, well, it says we have all been duped— wasting our time watching others make money for their own selfish gain. A travesty of Shakespearean proportions.

22. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

TV Vike Mike W. is a good guy, he cant get on here and trash the organization you dope ….

23. By PurpleParody on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I just was able to watch the pressers from the afternoon, and I can now see why Zigi liked Brad so much. They both like to get up in front of the press and not answer the questions being asked.

On the other hand, Frazier really seems to be the kind of coach that I want for this team. He talked with confidence, not straying away from difficult questions with answers like “there’s still a lot of football left” and “it’s in the past, and we need to look to the future now.” He spoke like a true leader saying that nobody should be satisfied with their level of play after that loss, and that everyone needs to step up and improve. Telling the entire team that they have to answer for a poor performance is what is going to help keep them together and want to succeed as a team.

Hopefully Leslie has some nice plans to create actions that will back up his words. I wish him the best of luck, and am hopeful for our first road win this week.

24. By chris on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Realize this: Its the high priced players that control a team and a game. If they dont like the situation they can lay an egg until that change is made. Unfortunate but true. Professional is not a word I would use for some of the players.

25. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

hey fire childress whats you name now?

26. By todd on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

so sad the season is over, but super glad we have a decent coach, and an owner willing to stand up for the players and fans………seeee ya”!!! chilly…

27. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

lol BSAS , thats how life works , sometimes change is good ….

28. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Its a brand new day in Viking Football and it feels good !!!

29. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

@PurpleParody– what presser did you watch?

Purpleparody said— On the other hand, Frazier really seems to be the kind of coach that I want for this team. He talked with confidence, not straying away from difficult questions with answers like “there’s still a lot of football left” and “it’s in the past, and we need to look to the future now.”

It seemed 90% of Frazier’s comments were– we are looking forward—not to the past.

30. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Yeah Shawn , I was born in the morning, but not yesterday morning.

31. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Favre is the real owner of the team.

32. By David on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

First off, I have not been a Childress fan for basically most of his tenure. So I’m glad this has finally happened, albeit 2 to 3 games too late. I do have a problem with those {purpleparody} who think that it’s the coach who can or should motivate the players. Let’s see; you get millions of dollars to play a game, and you need to have a coach motivate you? Against the Packers in a HOME game? Shame on you players!

33. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Hey BSAS I cant believe you dont understand it all comes back to Moss, Chilly without saying it told the team he doesnt care about winning … if you were on that team would you want to play for that guy?

34. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Absolutely— I am with you David– shame on the players— just pathetic. I thought for sure this was to be a breakout game where their pride would come out and destroy the Packers at home– nope, they wanted Zygi to make his move.

35. By the egg man on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Firing Childress is nothing more than putting a band aid on the situation! This team has not performed on or off the field and the latter never changes with the Vikings. Leslie will get a couple of wins down the stretch and this team will play with more enthusiasm, but the problems will not be fixed. Congrats to him on this opportunity to coach, but it will be a raw deal for him in the end because this is trully is a bad football team and it has shown all year long!

36. By Jimmy on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I think Mr. Wilf should work a trade for Herschel Walker. That he would be the missing piece to the Super Bowl puzzle. I hope, Favre will return for one more year but he shouldn’t have to go to training camp.

Now that Childress is gone the guys will play hard! Go VIKES Go!! Wooo hooo!!

37. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Shawn, I have worked at places where I could not stand the boss in personality and by the way he or she treated the employees — but I never, ever performed below my own level of excellence– — NEVER– my work ethic is a reflection on me, not an organization.

38. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Dave and BSAS have you ever played football?

39. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

BSAS its not corporate business ITS FOOTBALL the object is to WIN and when your leader is telling you he doesnt want to win and makes decisions to keep you from winning …. NEVERMIND YOU WONT GET IT.

40. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Insane-
    Once again, you use the opportunity for a truly positive moment to make comments that cast blame and shame on the players, and perhaps bloggers…….WHY CAN’T YOU JUST BE POSITIVE AND CONGRATULATE FRAZIER, AND SUPPORT HIM? HE DESERVES THIS OPPORTUNITY!
    Childress was not the right person for this organization..surely, as an academic , you must be able to understand that <
    1. not every person is the right fit in an organization
    2. Childress will no doubt learn from his first attempt at being a head coach.hopefully he will be better next time around

41. By #1 on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

THIS MAKES UP FOR THE LOOSS OF ARE MOSS A REAL LEADER TO LEAD ARE LEADER MR.BRETT FAVRE GREAT DEFFENCE WINS GAMES LETS TURN IT TO OFFENCE NOW BULK UP VIKES UP GO PURPLE GO

42. By Sean on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Uhhh . . . Leslie tip-toed around some questions as well with his “moving forward” rhetoric. Why is it that coaches find it difficult to comment on what everyone knows: weak secondary, pass blocking, penalties, longer cleats. I’ll be interested in seeing the team’s “schematic tweaks”. I’ll also be interested in seeing if Frazier has any easier time removing that red flag from his pocket. Too bad Childress couldn’t teach the secondary how to tackle. Or was that Frazier’s job?

43. By drew on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I wish Brad the best! It just was time for a change. I think the Vikings now got a chance to be respected eventhough we might not make the playoffs

44. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

INSANE-
    A GOOD Coach, Like a GOOD teacher motivates, communicates, has leadership, encourages excellence, and gets the best out of what he/she has……..A BAD Coach or BAD teacher does just the opposite………Why Cant you see this ????

45. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

No Shawn, I do not get it. Absolutely not. It has nothing to do with the context of whether it is a corporation or a sports organization–( they are more similar than you care to admit) — what matters who you are as an individual– what is your identity— I don’t think you get it, Shawn. What I am talking about transcends all context– it is about integrity within identity. Peterson, Greenway, Favre, Harvin never lost heart— they are real warriors.

46. By vikadan on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Just because the coach is gone its not going to make the team any better, he could just as well take favre with him, and a few other players should get their walking papers!!! cook, so long i wish! Berrian adios!! THE ENTIRE SECONDARY LET THEM LEAVE THEIR WORTHLESS,they couldnt cover my grandma,you can also see on the field everytime favre throws an interception the rest of the team spirit seems to die, put jackson in and give him a chance,also some other players that dont get a chance to play, the seasons over anyway!

47. By Julien on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Our only hope of still makeing playoffs is to win everygame from now on and if either the packers or bears start loseing games..

48. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Rocksalt– how inane. I have had horrible teachers– does not matter– I sought outside help and excelled at the class because of who I AM!!! Do you not see this? WOW, I have had enough of this mediocrity for one day. Maybe Fred Jones can come on and babysit for a while.

49. By viking joe on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

we all got what we want as players ,coaches ,and us the fans! thanks ziggy!! skol viks

50. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, Firechildress??? What will you call yourself now? Just curious…

51. By Steve on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Chilldress took the fall for these under acheivers….period.

52. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Breaking News…..Breaking News…..(Chili Presser)…(Chili)…”O.K., lots of football left”…..(1st rep) “Chili, you’ve been fired!”….(Chili)..”you are supposed to refer to me as “coach!”….(2nd rep)….It’s over, Chili, the people are dancing in the streets!”…..(Chili)…but I had an awesome presser planned, I was going to say ” it’s a man-whip-man kind of play!” (Reporters) “????????????” (Chili)… I just love saying “man-whip- man”, man-whip- man, it gets me excited!”(Reporters)(Heading for the exits)….(Chili)…” I think that’s why my wife put me on the PUP list, you guys know what I mean.”(Reporters)(Frantically trying to escape)….(Chili)…”you haven’t heard the last of Brad Childress, I will rise from the ashes like the mythical Tuscon!” {Reporter’sRevolvers) “BANG,BANG, BANG,BANG.” (Moderator)… “OK, last two bullets for the ex-coach!!”……..Well, he was a great source of material, but thank God he’s gone.

53. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Insane-
    You miss the point…..perhaps not everyone is willing or able to excell on his/her own…….yes, there is personal responsibility and individual pride, but again you assume ,rather condescendigly that you know all , and anyone elses’s view is not to be considered………I sincerely hope you, if you are a professor, delic\ver your method of teaching by simply lecturing at the namesless, faceless mass of 300 or so in a lecture hall, because your inability to consider alternatives to your pedantic arguments gets very tiresome.

54. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Somehow I can’t feel sorry for someone who just stole $14 million.

55. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

OK well BSAS , you change your stories every other week and have shown 0 consistency in anything you have said in the last 6 weeks , you dont keep your word and I find it hard to believe anything you say … So heres one for you … I WILL NOT BE NEGATIVE FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR ON THIS BLOG , I GUARANTEE IT. i WILL NOT RESPOND TO ANY OF THE INSANITY YOU SPREAD BSAS FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON. Now watch me keep my word and learn something dopey i mean BSAS

56. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

BTW your hemmorrhoid Fred is not worth any effort in terms of debate or discussion.

57. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Oh, but I forget——INSANE is smarter than anyone else on this blog……HAHAHA!

58. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

HAHAH NOVA i saw that on the other blog couldnt make it through it in one shot … good stuff

59. By David on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Yes Shawn, I played football in High School and 1 year in college before I blew out a knee. I know that the coach can and should add to the motivation and over-all psyche of a team as they prepare. But I’m sorry fella – on game day it’s up to the players! Too many on this team quit long before yesterday.

60. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Fellow bloggers-
    BE HONEST…….HOW MANY OF YOU ARE TIRED OF BE SANE AND FREDERICK??????CHIME IN IF YOU ARE………

61. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

David-
    Have you ever been on a team that a coach has completely lost? I have, and there is only one solution………..

62. By PurpleParody on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

BS&S – Sorry, I’ve been away for a while. The point I was making was that Frazier didn’t phrase his entire answer as “it’s all in the past.” He went forward from that type of answer and validated what he meant by it. He gave us actual information rather than only using some worn out phrase and then prompting the reporters to move on to the next question.

63. By PurpleDiety on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Be SANE and Fred— seem okay to me.

64. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Sorry you blew your knee out but you said it , a coach can motivate and needs to motivate it doesnt need to be rah rah every week but you know everyone needs a kick in the butt from time to time whether they millions or not …

65. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I think Frazier will make a great coach– you can tell he has a strong persona and as a player will relate well with the team. PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME.

66. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

former player I meant to say

67. By cxvv on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

pe nis

68. By Purplepride2 on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I find Be Sane and Fred to be quite entertaining. They certainly have a good attitude.

69. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, lets keep it real, no playoffs this year.

70. By Footballforeever on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, I think Be Sane and Fred are smart– Be Sane is genius material.

71. By Pigskinfan on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I agree– while Be Sane and Fred may provoke us to think differently than we normally do, I find their insights refreshing.

72. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

@dave , i agree players quit a while back and IMO it goes back to Moss, the locker room knew Moss could help them win and Favres numbers were better with him than without him … and if your coach released a PLAYER of Moss stature wouldnt it say to you he doesnt care about winning and wouldnt it be hard to follow him ?

73. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Nova, you never can tell— stranger things have happened. Did you see Peterson yesterday when asked if he felt sorry for Favre not going to a Superbowl— AP said, the window is not closed yet.

74. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

BSAS I find interesting. Fred I just find annoying.

75. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, I just consulted my crystal ball, no playoffs.

76. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

bee boo beep bop …

ROTFLMAO

bee boo beep bop …

77. By Footballguru on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, Be Sane and Fred are okay in my book. Leave them alone.

78. By PurpleParody on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Nova – I think that’s because Fred is studying to be a preacher, while BS&S is just studying to be an inspirational speaker

79. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, the players have to respond like that, otherwise they will be tagged as quitters.

80. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I think Fred is studying to be a blender.

81. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Shawn, I see your point, it is valid– and we all need incentive and motivation. I just believe if this team has the ability to get more wins than they did– well ultimately are they not playing for their own careers? How many chances do you have to put together a Superbowl team? Not many—so maybe they disrespected Chilly– but they only hurt themselves and the fans.

82. By dltrey305 50 yr Vikings Fan on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

All I can say is Go Twins LOL

83. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Where is Frederick Jones?

84. By William Shipley on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Coming from a business perspective, I have to say that releasing Randy Moss set off all of my alarm bells. Making such a dramatic decision without laying the proper organizational groundwork, particularly letting the Wilfs know about it was inept and indicates and ego problem. It might have been the proper decision, although with Sidney Rice on the sidelines I can’t see why it couldn’t wait, but the manner in which it was done indicates bad decision making.

Unfortunately Favre’s magic 4 minute drill may have cost the Vikings any chance at the playoffs by saving Childress’s job for the next two weeks.

85. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Even Sonja smiled when I told her about Chili.

86. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

How exactly did the players disrespect a coach that lost the team’s respect? If avteacher loses the classroom, then it is not on the students, but on the teacher, If a CEO loses his workers, it is not on the workers……..it is on the CEO, unfortunately, they have 50 million dollar parachutes to run businesses into the sh!tter……..but this is not typical.

87. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Well said William. And the fact Moss was his usual self should have not come as a surprise, and if it was a problem, we never should have acquired him in the first place. I am still in shock — like a dream– did we really get Moss and then release him?

88. By dltrey305 50 yr Vikings Fan on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

This was going to happen , I won’t judge the Guy but if the player’s don’t like the coach then it’s time for some changes. There are a lot more needed,has anyone on here noticed that the Vikings play when they feel like it. I say they are a bunch of lazy guys . The win a couple weeks ago was good except for one thing . They should of never been behind Arizona. I say send Favre home and get rid of Travis Jackson and find a good Quarterback ,Fran Tarkenton . Maybe if we get on our hands and Knees Bud Grant will try it again (kidding)

89. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Nova, that is funny.
    Rocksalt– get outside– it’s slippery out there.

90. By Bill on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Well, now that favre cannot obtain the prize, waive him and let t-jack finish the season, and PA were all dummer for you brining up mcnabb as our next qb

91. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I hope Favre comes back next year.

92. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

(kidding)

93. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I will do my best to make sure that slippery individuals will walk the striaght and narrow…..

94. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

@dltrey305 50 yr Vikings Fan IRONIC while we are talking about Moss you said the Viking play when they feel like it lol

95. By the4norsemen on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Come on Insane,Be Sane whatever your screen name is. Reveal your true identity please. We know who you really are…Brad. Your time here is up so move on, Move On! You keep trying to justify in a reverse psychology fashion that it is the players and not the coach. You keep talking like you are of higher intelligence than everyone else on here and talking down to them. Hmmmm sound familiar Brad (Insane) Don’t you have a plane to catch or something? See ya! Don’t let the door hit you on the way out!!

96. By dltrey305 50 yr Vikings Fan on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Hold on for a few weeks I hear Fisher from Tennessee Titans may be available .

97. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

@the4norsemen LMAO

98. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Lets not fire Frazier before he’s had a chance.

99. By dltrey305 50 yr Vikings Fan on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

@ Shawn
    Yes I said they play when they want to ,did anyone see how good they played in first quarter against Green Bay ? then they looked like a train wreck ,go figure

100. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

has anyone heard from firechild?

101. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I truly hope we can move forward, play REAL FOOTBALL, and win…….

102. By dltrey305 50 yr Vikings Fan on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I do not like Frazier he is a Bears man

103. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Im excited about Frazier Nova

104. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Firechildress has changed his monniker to FireDchildress

105. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

FireChild, keep your name in case Chili gets another NFL job. No, forget it, that’s not happening.

106. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I think if we go 4-2 we should keep Frazier

107. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I sound intelligent– why thank you 4norsemen. You have a discerning ear.

108. By fireD childress on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

it’s too bad they waited this long, Frazier can’t win a playoff birth, but can start the healing process anyway. good luck Mr Frazier

109. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Well the Bears can tackle and they have a good D…..also, their Offense is not bad, by our current standards……they whupped us……

110. By dltrey305 50 yr Vikings Fan on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Maybe Brad will end up @ Chicago LOL

111. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Vikings will have their first road win next week!

I GUARANTEE IT!!!
    I GUARANTEE IT!!!

112. By David on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Rocksalt – read my earlier post – I’m glad Chilli’s gone,,,really glad. I’m only saying that these players need to take a good long look in the mirror as well.

113. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

PLAYOOOOOPS BOUND!!!

114. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

@rocksalt , Im with ya … JUST WIN BABY !!!!

115. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

PLAYOOOOPS?????????

116. By OLDSKOOL on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

What a relief. Feels like I just did a number two.

117. By PurpleParody on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

BS&S – That’s the first guarantee you’ve made that I can actually believe!

118. By OLDSKOOL on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Now we can win with a leader with some charisma.

119. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

David-
    No doubt the players must man up, but the overall design, plan, scheme, inspiration, hatred, whatever motivates……..is on the coach.
    SHOW ME A SUCCESSSFUL TEAM THAT DOES NOT HAVE A COACH!!!!!WTF!
    ARE THERE ANY TEAMS THAT DO NOT HAVE A COACH? SEEMS KINDA IMPORTANT, FELLERS………..

120. By dltrey305 50 yr Vikings Fan on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Lets throw the rest of the games away to get better draft choices and easier schedule lol

121. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I think we might win out.

122. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, Like your previous GUARANTEES Have panned out, INSANE! !!!

123. By moorevikes on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

has anyone heard from “fire childress” yet? figured he’d be on here right away. think maybe chilly holds him responsible and went postal on him.

124. By OLDSKOOL on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Yep, what a relief– been constipated for weeks.

125. By yooper on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Favre got his way again, wahhhh.

126. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Moore– look back a dozen posts– he was here

127. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

INSANE-PLEASE DO NOT MAKE ANY MORE STUPID GUARANTEES!!!!! SERIOUSLY I WANT US TO WIN !!!!

128. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Rocksalt, I know deep down you anticipate my posts.

129. By moorevikes on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

my bad didn’t read um all. kids driving me crazy and missed it

130. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAH Rocksalt– you are a blast.

I guarantee we win three in a row.

131. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Moore– I think that’s him– added a D to the name

132. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

@dltrey305 50 yr Vikings Fan , Im not for throwing games for a draft pick unless maybe its the last game with a chance at the number one pick … figure our drafts have been pretty good since Tice left, even if we finish 9-7 we will get a good player …. JUST WIN BABY !!!

133. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

STOP IT………DON’T YOU WANT US TO WIN?????SHEEYAT!

134. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

C’mon, Sane——-don’t go there……….

135. By moorevikes on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

yeah used to think lose out get great pick but now i want to see what frazier has in him

136. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Frazier’s personality just beat Chili’s personality 77-0. Chili went for it on 4th and goal from the 27.

137. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

@dltrey305 50 yr Vikings Fan you know the great Scott Studwell is the head of our scouting department right?

138. By moorevikes on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

who do we have that 3rd game sane? to lazy to look up

139. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

lol nova

140. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Brad here-
    Just to clear the air,
    The reason we lost so badly to the Packers at home………I had my clip board upside down! all the plays were backwards……….

141. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

nice rock

142. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

His own 27.

143. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Let me look–
    Wash
    Buffalo
    Giants

and Chicago three at home— FOUR IN A ROW BABY!!!

144. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Brad-
    12 men in the huddle? I was never good with higher math………

145. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Maybe Green Bay and Chicago will lose out and we win the division!!

146. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Brad again-
    That’s 2 more than 10 fingers……….

147. By moorevikes on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

we might win 2 out of 6 now. still gotta see what happens this sunday

148. By dltrey305 50 yr Vikings Fan on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Baaw Baw I want 494 Tommy back at the Helm lol

149. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!
    SOUND YOUR HORNS TRUE VIKING FANS!!!!!

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

150. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I am so excited to watch the Vikings Sunday …

151. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, maybe GB and Chicago will drop out of the league.

152. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Be Sane-
    YOU HAVE WON!!!!PUBLISHERS CLEARING HOUSE SWEEPSTAKES!!!!
    justfilloutthenecessarypaperworkandyouareinthe runningforachancetowinthe grandprizeofonemilliondollars

153. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

But that still leaves the Lions……….

154. By moorevikes on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

really sane. win out and chi and gb lose out. huh. do you really think there’s even a 1% chance of that happening. i tell ya what, you find a time when that has happened and everytime i comment i’ll start off with sane knows everything and i know nothing

155. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Nova– good point, especially cause it’s true– although they lost a lot, their team played hard all year– I wonder what will happen when we play them later this season– I think we are going to cream them–

156. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Moore– I am having a little fun– geez, lighten up, this is a blog, not a dissertation– I do so much formal writing, this is a bit of a release.

157. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, I would expect nothing less from you.

158. By moorevikes on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

oh i know man just havin fun too it’s hard to pick up on sarcasim

159. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

BEEP!
    VIKINGS WILL WIN SUPERBOWL…..BEEP!
    TROPHY WILL BE DEDICATED TO BRAD…..BEEP!

160. By moorevikes on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

oh i know man just havin fun too it’s hard to pick up on sarcasm

161. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

That Suzy Kolber really isn’t that bad looking, Namath had it right.

162. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

FAVRE WILL NOT THROWANY MORE INTS THIS YEAR ………BEEP!

163. By fireD childress on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

too bad we had to wait 10 weeks to get rid of Sanes coach

164. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

BERRIAN WILL HAVE 1,000 YARD RECEIVING………..BEEP!

165. By JENLOW on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

What about someone that has a ring to make sure we get ours like John Gruden?

166. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

VIKINGS D WILL GET 15 SACKS NEXT WEEK………..BEEP!

167. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

GIVE FRAZIER A CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!

168. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

TEAM EQUIPMENT WILL INCLUDE CLEATS FOR GRASS……….BEEP!

169. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

firedchild– WAS NEVER MY COACH– go look at all my old posts– its in black and white– I often said Chilly made horrible calls that cost us games– I never thought otherwise– just disagreed with the approach to the situation of insults towards the man and the negativity that no doubt permeated the whole locker room.
    Don’t go there firechild, don’t go there.

170. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Namath is alright.

171. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

NEW STATE -OF- THE -ART STADIUM WILL BE BUILT IN DULUTH……..BEEP!

172. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

NEW STATE -OF- THE -ART STADIUM WILL BE BUILT IN FARGO……..BEEP!

173. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

JARED ALLEN WILL SHOW UP THIS YEAR……….BEEP!

174. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Where is Robot Fan? Come in Robot Fan!

175. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

McNabb is not an easy target.

176. By ROBOTFAN on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Be Sane is very smart…BEEP!

177. By ROBOTFAN on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Vikings on race to divisional championship…BEEP!!

178. By ROBOTFAN on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Chicago and Green Bay meltdown… BEEP!!

179. By GMan on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Chilly-dog finally got Chilly-Wipped

180. By ROBOTFAN on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

VIKINGS WIN DIVISION… BEEP… BEEP!

181. By GMan on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

It’s about f$%&#$ time!

182. By ROBOTFAN on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

VIKINGS IN SUPERBOWL…. BEEP…BEEP…BEEP!!!!

183. By ROBOTFAN on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Be Sane…very intelligent…BEEP!!

184. By Robot Fan on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

bee boo beep bop …

frazier has a ring … 85 bears … super bowl champ … love frazier …

bee boo beep bop …

185. By ROBOTFAN on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Rocksalt…. go melt ice on freeways…BEEP!

186. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Ditka just praised Frazier up and down

187. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Robot Fan-
    Will the vikings win the superbowl this year?
    signed-
    Zyggi

188. By Robot Fan on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

bee boo beep bop …

chill who … Frazier is the best … cant wait for sunday … Favre will start … Rice will get 100 yards …

bee boo beep bop …

189. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

ROBOTFAN-
    You are INSANE

190. By Skol_Vikings on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I am sad to see Chilly go. I know people got frustrated with him, but I think he really did build a nice team. I dont think a lot of fans gave him a fair shake.

Good luck to Leslie.

191. By Robot Fan on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

bee boo beep bop …

viking will win the chilly trophy …. they will be chilly bowl champs ….

bee boo beep bop …

192. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

DO NOT TRUST ROBOTFAN………HE IS A TOOL…………
    Robot Fan is not a tool!

193. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Skol_Vikings…..WTF???? R U SMOKING?

194. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

BEEP!………..LETS BRING BACK BRAD………..BEEP!

195. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I missed what Ditka said about frazier =(

196. By ROBOTFAN on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

rocksalt, you saw through me, eh?

197. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

BEEP……….FEEL SAD FOR BRAD……….BEEP!

198. By ROBOTFAN on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Shawn, very clever robot… BEEP!

199. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

BEEP……..BRAD WAS BAD!!!!……..BEEP!

200. By Hire Childress on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Ya i feel bad now … lets re hire Chilly

201. By 1 on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

ARE RECORD 3-7 SPEEKS FOR ITSELF THE REASON >CHILLY< WAS THE BLAME GOOD THING LES WAS THERE TO WITNESS IT LES I EXPECT THE BEST FROM YOU TAKE IT OUT ON DONAVAN GO SCALP THAT FAKE INDIAN!

202. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

NOT VERY CHALLENGING INSANEROBOTFAN…BEEP!

203. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

What we fired Chill , I was kidding ….

204. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Well, I do agree about Frazier’s presser– he is someone with a lot more life than Chilly and has a certain presence about him— this should be good. Who knows, maybe we will have some exciting games now. Playoffs, baby, playoffs!!

205. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

BEEP………BRAD FOR PRESIDENT!………BEEP

206. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Shawn, he basically used the words “character’ and “personality” a lot, words that are very refreshing

207. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

One step at a time, Be Sane——–please!

208. By ROBOTFAN on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Poor Chilly…BEEP…No work for Chilly…BEEP… 4 million a year to stay at home, poor Chilly…BEEP!!

209. By VikesfanfromIowa on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I don’t know how much firing Chilly will help, he had to work with what he had. Farve it’s your turn next! Shoulda stuck to your guns and stayed in Mississippi!

210. By Justin on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

We cannot make the playoffs at 9-7. The Bears and/or Packers have to go on a 5 game losing streak for us to get into 2nd place in the division. Not a chance that happens.

211. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, Nova, I like the guy already— I did not see much of him up until now. Chilly was hiding him from view.

212. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I think frazier has more intensity……and he (thank god) does not speak in obtuse equations/parables……

213. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Sonja wants me to BBQ, talk to you later!

214. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Justin, it’s okay to have wild dreams sometimes– makes life worth living cause sometimes dreams come true– actually a lot of teams would have to do some losing, but there is a possibility, granted it’s a nano of a possibility, but I will dream while that nanochance is there.

215. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Hey guys Lesly Frazier and Vince Lombardi had the same record at this point in their career

216. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

HERE I AM

217. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I can finally say without sarcasm……….GO VIKINGS!

218. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Shawn, you sound like someone else, is that Fred?

219. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

lol not sure that came out right …

220. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Good night all……I hope we turn things around……….this is a start.

221. By the4norsemen on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

INSANE – Brad wasn’t your coach because You ARE the coach whoops correction ex-coach..BRAD! LOL

222. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I can see it now— Vikings cream every team in sight.

223. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

@the4Snortmen, why don’t you come up with a more clever insult. Insane, really? You can do better than that. Maybe after mommy gives you your snack, your cognitive powers will return.

224. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, the problem is there’s not too many teams in sight.

225. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Even with binoculars

226. By Brian Boerum on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I think people think far to much into things like this. Childress, although not the best, wasn’t a complete failure. He improved the team every year he has been here until this year. He proved that he could run a team well and make the changes he felt necessary to better the team and the organization. Did he always make the best decisions?? Of course not but not one of us on this website knows the pressure put on coaches in this league to win. NO ONE….. so before you just jump to conclusions take a look at the bigger picture. Another thing… All of you loved Favre last year leading the team to the NFC Championship game but hate him now. Its ridiculous to look at a player or a game that way. Have you seen our offensive line play lately???? Put anyone behind that line and they will struggle… 2 to 3 seconds to get rid of the ball and we thought getting a guy like moss would cure everything??? COME ON MAN!!!!!!

227. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

well, 6 teams in sight– Nova– this blog is addictive– I have things to do!

228. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

For 14 million, you can park a bus on my leg, I won’t complain about the pressure.

229. By grollins on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Ive been a vike fan since the late 60s. I dont believe in jinxs, but now im starting to wonder.It seems like what ever could go wrong with them does, but ill never give up…GO VIKES!!!

230. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

@Brian Boerum– You, Sir, can jump on the Sane bus. Very well said.

231. By Michael Asbell on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Hey im a bears fan so i love to see our rivals dismantel before everyone eyes.However i think it is stupid to fire a guy who almost took you to the big game last year if you wanna make a change get rid of the prima donna favre and look to the future.

232. By fireD childress on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

they said on the NFL channel that Chilly may be unemployed for a long time, so Wilf is going to get stuck for the whole 14 million. no other teams are interested in him.

233. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

With $14 mill he could probably buy the CFL and appoint himself commish.

234. By Jason H. on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I thought the players showed a lot of class in wishing Brad Childress the best, and blaming themselves in part for the season, as they should. Makes me excited to watch them for the rest of the season. As long as the players don’t give up the game like they obviously did against Green Bay, I’ll be excited to watch and cheer them on.

235. By fireD childress on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

and Sane, you were telling everyone how good Chilly was, even comparing him to Bill B. and Chuck Knoll just a few weeks ago

236. By #1 on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Chump Chilly Chowdown Party!!!!

237. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

No I did not FIREDCHILD— NO, I DID NOT!!!!! I am not the same as Frederick Jones.

238. By vito vitale on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I wish childress the best but the biggest mistake was having he and several players make a visit to bret triing to persuade him to come back. Allowing brett not to practice in the preseason, what does this say to the rest of the team that were triing to continue to improve as a team. Plus give favre a salary of 1.3 million dollars per game.
    maybe the owner should have talked to the gm’s from the packers, and the jets on how bret interacted with the coaches,did he listen or only want to do things his way. if the vikings are going to move forward they need to sit bret to show who is in control of the team the coach. it dosen’t make a difference that brett will be in the hall of fame someday it does matter that he listen and take criticism from the coaches.

239. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Keep it up Firechild– keep spreading false rumors about me– the truth is in the archives– people can read them for themselves–

240. By #1 on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

My dad say’s we should go after #7vick???????

241. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, you are not the same as Fred, THANK GOD!

242. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Well said VITO– giving one player his own schedule and the others not, sent mixed signals and caused more division than Moss ever did.

243. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Nova, I think Fred is okay.

244. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Did your dad say with a high-powered rifle?

245. By fireD childress on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Vick will stay with the Eagles. Philly will offer him a very nice contract extension

246. By Brian Boerum on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

@ vito——- I can kinda see where you are coming from about taking critisism etc but Im sure its hard for old Gray Beard to take orders from people who are all younger than him :-) But its still not his fault. Hes not playing good by any means but hes only doing what this team is allowing him to do. I mean come on….for the most part he barely has enough time to hand the ball off before everyone misses thier blocks on the o-line and gets crushed again!!

247. By mrsmiff on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I know I was one of the many that called for the firing of Childress, but I will not rejoice over this. Losing a job is never cool, epecially in times like these. But it needed to be done.He didn’t make the nacessary changes to the o-line to protect his qb, there had always been a schism between Childress and the locker room long before Favre came to town, and the playcalling had become stale and predictable of late. I wish him all the best for the future, and I hope he someday becomes he elite coach he clearly isn’t now. That said, the players ought to be ashamed of themselves. 31-3 at home against the fr3@king P3ckers? Something is stll horribly wrong with this team, and I hope they get it fixed by Sunday.

248. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Mrsmiff, fire me and give me 14 million and I will say “cool”.

249. By lalvikes on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Now if only Favre would go with him-but that won’t happen-he’s too selfish to retire for the good of the team or god forbid actually be placed on injured reserve! gotta rack up that consectutive starts nimber oh ya and some more turnovers too! lol

250. By #1 on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Favre you deserve a minnesota vikings super bowl ring more then anybody i know i ware your number #4 proudly it was never your fault the offenecive line didn’t protect you at all they beat you down but you kept on fighting like a warrior you are to us i know really it wasnt about the money and you tryed to make it up for your mistake to the saints in the over time lost but hey your never to old to win a championship “VIKES LIFER.”

251. By fireD childress on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

they will let t jack go next year, that was Chillys baby. they will get Kolb or a qb in the draft

252. By Pete on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Who is the O Line coach? Mmmm, not Chilly. Fire his ass. That o line for the Vikings is the worst in the business. Steve is good. But the rest of you O line guys ought to do some research on who to block. Mckinnie just stands up and looks around half the time. Is he smoking big reefer before the game or what?

253. By mrsmiff on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Everybody keeps forgetting Favre was still recovering from ankle surgery, which made it difficult for him to do conditioning work. So really, how effective could he have been in training camp, even if he did come back right away? Just so everyone knows, Elway was allowed to miss training camp in 1997, the year he won his first Superbowl. I’m just saying.

254. By fireD childress on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

it doesn’t matter. the o line will give up tons more sacks and we will get a high draft pick. and Farve breaks a few more bones

255. By fireD childress on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Frazier will address the o line in the draft in april

256. By mrsmiff on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Good point, Nova. I forgot about that.

257. By mrsmiff on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Now Wilf, how about firing McKinnie?

258. By fireD childress on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Frazier will bench McKinnie if he sluffs off anymore

259. By mrsmiff on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Lalvikes, Favre isn’t selfish. I’m not going to bother trying to explain it to you.

260. By fireD childress on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

i don’t think Chris Cook makes the team next year either. he got burned for over 160 yards Sunday. he hasn’t done nothing good all year

261. By fireD childress on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

i don’t blame the other players yelling at Cook, he deserved it

262. By fireD childress on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

we will find another cornerback via free agency

263. By vikings 4 life on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Brad was an above averaage coach, but not a great coach. great coaches, like bud grant, tom landry and chuck knoll for example, utilized their talent they had on their rooster to the fullest. they made their players believe that with their talents and a coaching staff point of attack on their opponents weakness, they WILL PREVAIL. factoring in the injuries from the start of the season until today i would give brad a C+ . this viking team has too much talent to be under .500 and blame the coaching staff point of attack as the difference. ..we definatelly lost superbowl appearences under dennis green because of conservitive playcalling with monster talent. good luck brad,and best wishes ………..

264. By stew on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

cook played so bad i went and researched other players that we possibly could have drafted. him and allen gets burned week in and week out

265. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

@firechild … Its not all Cooks fault he needs safety help in a cover 2, and he has made a couple nice plays and is a starter on a top 10 defense as a rookie despite balling injuries … Ced Griffen got beat a few times as a rookie

266. By animal26 on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I have a feeling everyone except Jarad allen, AP, and steve hutch are happy hes gone. Just seemed they weren’t saying what they truly felt, just smiled for the cameras.

267. By stew on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

every game I have a chance to watch allen is usually starting and there isnt a explanation for that guy

268. By fireD childress on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

When someone has to lash out, swear, and belittle others, it is a sure sign of insecurity– when you cannot debate an issue, then you resort to swearing. A sign of frustration because one lacks proper communication skills? Perhaps.
    Childress has a winning record and he is very new to head coaching. A good coach– PERIOD. End of argument.

269. By fireD childress on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Childress is a successful coach. Period.

270. By stew on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

What you guys think about ryan mallet for our 1st round pick?

271. By Plocon1967 on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Enough about blaming favre about not getting along with his coaches, he may be opinionated but he knows how to play the game of football interceptions and all……. So lets all do what frazier suggested to his past and get on with figuring out how to beat the socks off of Washington…….

272. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

There is no TEAM sport that needs a complete team to make everyone look good, if you safeties suck ( and ours do ) they make corners look bad which makes defense look bad

273. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

@ Firedchild –So what? Just like the post by another blogger above us a couple posts, I merely said Chilly is a good coach– I also said we would be better with a different coach. So what? I thought you said you were educated– can you not see the distinctions I make? Wow, tunnel vision or what, firechild. Well, I do see it, considering some of my work is in higher education at the under and grad level– a lot of the students should not be in those programs. Oh well.

274. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I meant there is no team sport where there is an emphasis on TEAM like football

275. By fireD childress on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

just making a point. you agreed with Fred several different times Chilly was a good coach

276. By Shawn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

The O line looks bad because teams blitz us constantly because they dont respect our passing game because other than percy our recievers suck , our o line looks bad because we lost our blocking back and they miss blocks , Favre looks bad because because he has no blocking and no recievers and hes 41 …. it all works together

277. By animal26 on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

stew I agree with you. If he is on the board on our first pick. We should definitely take him.

278. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, I said he was a good coach , and overall, he was — but I never ever would put him with Brian Billick– no way– Billick would be awesome right now, but Frazier has a pulse on this team and being an insider, he may better than an outsider who would seem intrusive considering our players need a fire placed under them– this should be interesting. I think we will win out.

279. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, you sounded great, right up to the last sentence.

280. By fireD childress on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Farve is going to get killed with Herrera out for the season

281. By fireD childress on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

i think we will win 2 more games. that won’t be enough wins to keep Frazier as the coach next year. if parcells doesn’t coach for Miami, he will be here

282. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, that is worrisome with Herrera, but they will figure something out– maybe Gerhart?
    Nova, I am just saying– it is possible– look at Dallas.

283. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I can’t look at Dallas without feeling sick.

284. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I can see it now– we win out, other teams struggle– we get in as a wildcard– in the playoffs, Favre gets hurt, Webb takes over-wins the championship at Atlanta– then Favre heals and we go to the Superbowl and face the Patriots…
    To be continued…

285. By Mike/Wisconsin on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Wow, where are your friends when you need them. All of a sudden dozens of fans posting support for Childress and now sorrow. LOL. In my opinion the downward performance of the D and O lines plus the lack of quality performers caused this swing from last year. I have no idea why the ‘lines’ went downhill with basically the same guys. If you remember sunday with Rodgers, in the first quarter, he looked awful, throwing to “nobody” , over throwing etc., because he had someone breathing in his face on every down. Yesterday, Manning had 3 interceptions. You gotta have time and you gotta have receivers.

Last thought: who could have predicted last January, 2010 that the coaches for the Vikings and Cowboys would be unemployed today. Seriously, what a profession coaching is. Here today, gone tomorrow. LOL.

286. By faris on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

woowowow i’m vary very happy to hear this good news about the getting out of vikings coach mr childress, and i hope will never find out any other team’s because he will do same sotuation he did. reason i’m speaking is childress makes me headache every single game, so nomore headache

287. By fireD childress on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Sane, we have too many injuries to win out. Dallas is doing good because they have good leadership now, plus they are healthy. like i said, we will win 2 more games, possibly 3

288. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

We will win 3 for sure, possibly 5, and maybe 6.

289. By Kevin on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I have a crazy probably not likely scenario… Let’s say we win out the rest of the season and still don’t make the playoffs. Our offense during those games catches fire and Favre plays unbelievable again and has real chemistry with the new head coach. Do we go all in again next year? Third times a charm right???

290. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

BSAS&LAB, I give you credit for an active imagination. By the way, I’ll stick with BSAS.

291. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, please don’t add any more letters to your name. Remember the 2 hour time difference.

292. By fireD childress on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

we beat Buffalo, Detroit, possibly Washington, we have a .242 winning percentage on grass fields, so Washington will be tough

293. By fireD childress on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

they have to address the wideout position next year also. we will go nowhere if Lewis is a starter again. going to need alot of help in free agency. to bad they didn’t fire chilly instead of Moss

294. By Mike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

It’s about time they made the change. Chilly should have never been a head coach…the only reason he had any sucess in the past was that he surrounded himself with great personel……looking forward to the change.

295. By Conner on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Joe Buck or Troy Aikman said on Sunday that in talking with Childress, he still wasn’t over the NFC championship game in May. His passion and intensity probably wasn’t there this year. But as a pro coach, you can’t take a sabatical unless their is an extreme family matter. Now the business at hand is !> Play up to our perceived talent level and earn a little respect. 2. Start building toward the 2011 season and evaluate things out. 3. I don’t know who is on our practice squad, but Sunday the Vikings honored a guy (John Randle) who started on the practice squad. Do we have any safety’s or corners on the practice squad? Any offensive linemen? Maybe give them a shot.

296. By fireD childress on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

too bad they extended Chillys contract last year. we could of got a few good players out of free agency with that 14 million

297. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Conner, lets try Joe Buck at safety. He can’t be any worse than what we have.

298. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Or John Randle

299. By fireD childress on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Chris Cook is a joke

300. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Another expensive joke, FiredChild

301. By fireD childress on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

the Vikings should look back on film at our safetys and cornerbacks we had in the 70’s. those were real players

302. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Where is Paul Krause when you need him?

303. By fireD childress on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

we need a Neon Sanders type cornerback that can pick it off and take it back to the house

304. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

He STILL LEADS in career int’s !

305. By Woodboat on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I love to hear you guys bag on Mike W for doing the job he’s paid for. I’m sure those of you that actually have jobs continuously degrade your boss publicly, without fear of the inevitable repurcussions. Sure you do.

Give the guy a break… he’s just doing his job.

306. By skolpurpleandgold on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

YES YES YES goodbye so-long Childress. Best vikings news i’ve heard this season. Now time to rally behind eachother as players and coaches, get out there and win some games. Skol-vikes

307. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I haven’t ragged on mike W to my knowledge.

308. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Chili took up all my ragging time!

309. By fireD childress on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

our cornerbacks let the ball go though their hands, and the wideouts still catch the football

310. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Watching Denver, we could give them a go.

311. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Talk to you guys later!

312. By RJ on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I’ve never seen a bunch of successful players turn so lazy in one season! This team should be ashamed of themselves especially the defense! You guys haven’t tried hard in one game yet! Red Zone failures, secondary sloppy tackling, head strong players, and bad game plan execution. Get your heads out Vikes you look like a bunch of wimps!

313. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I am having trouble posting tonight– too bad for all my fans.

314. By MEXVIKE on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

2 Games too late, but go Vikes!!! after the season we are going to need to rebuild get rid of all the bad influences on the team. I like the move it;s a move in the right direction.

315. By fireD childress on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

yeah, they should of fired chilly 3 weeks ago to at least give Frazier a shot at the playoffs. it’s going to take a 10-6 record to get a wildcard this year

316. By Conner on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Childress credit and faults as I see it.

1. He drafted A.P. and Percy Harvin who was an iffy pick due to off-field issues.
    2. He got Favre to come to Minnesota for the run last year.
    3. Hired Frazier to run the defense.
    4. Cleaned up the off-field image of the team. A.P. gets a speeding ticket, and that’s about it.
    5. Drafted Greenway. Helped land Jared Allen.
    6. 2009 few injuries. 2010 Many injuries.

Faults:
    1. Let Sharper go, and now we don’t have a physical safety, let alone one who can anticipate, let alone catch the ball.
    2. Dumped Moss causing more drama to disrupt the team.
    3. Traded Rosenfels when he didn’t have faith in Jackson as a starter.
    4. Traded Benny Sapp for Camarillo who fair catches punts.
    5. Slow decision making in the game, thus 12men in the huddle at one of the biggest moments in the past 20 years of Viking history.
    6. Lacks offensive creativity. Detroit gets the ball to their only offensive threat Calvin Johnson time and time again.
    7. Challenges the toughness of players who are giving us their best, and our best chance to win.

317. By fireD childress on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

conner-Rick Spielman is the one who brought AP and harvin here. and we would of still of had Matt Birk here too. he left because he hated Chilly

318. By chitown vike on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

Some responses goes as follows: “I feel really sorry for Brad losing his job.” REALLY!, REALLY!! Are you dopes serious? How many of you work your ass off 10-12 hours a day and earn the type of living that makes you and your family comfortable. Bradley is walking away with 14 million in his pocket for the next few years. And get this, he’s earning this $ w/o having to work for it anymore. He was terrible and this is what he gets for his efforts. Please dont drink and blog. You people are a disgrace to the great american worker. Wise up before I get my buddy Ba-Who to come over and pancake ya…

319. By fireD childress on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

chitown vike is right, people who feel sorry for Chilly, please stay off this site. we could of got 2 really good players via free agency with that 14 million. Chilly should of quit, so Wilf could spend that money on players instead !

320. By JD on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

a playoff apperance is very unlikley for the vikings, but this was a good move in the sense that we can now at least test the coaching staff and put them to a test to see if they are capeable to lead this team to a championship next year, leslie probably would have left the vikings at the end of this season just like dungy did, just liike tomlin did and porbably prospered somewhere else, also i really dont think that its the players fault, as coach yoiu control the players, not vice versa

321. By Bob-o on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

Now you know what we put up with with favre in title town, he is the most selfish player in the league, he loves to win as long as he wins it himself, nothihg more then a cancer. GO PACK GO

322. By mrsmiff on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

Hey Bob-o, go choke on your cheesehat!

323. By sigg07 on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

WOW ,ALL you bloggers just blogged me out .And then it went Chilly sent back to PHILLY AND THEN NEW FFFFF RRRAAAAAIIIIIIISSSSSEEEYYYYYY. I HOPE leslie can coach the offense better than hes doing with the defense. IS COOK THAT SLOW OR BAD? really? iTS A change and change is good. Iwant to see Joe Webb play QB give that boy some experience. I hate redskins and Mcnabb GO VIKINGS.

324. By Dennis on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

Too bad that Childress made Favre turn the ball over 22 times!
    Wasn’t it Frasiers job to coach the Defense and make adjustments when things were falling apart? I was just wondering! Forgive me if i am not too excited about the coaching change!

325. By Dennis on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

We had a greart coach not too long ago but we let him go to the Steelers. We had a good one before that and we let him go to the Tampa Bay Bucks and he ended up with the Colts. Why not fire Favre as QB and make him the coach? At least he could teach our defense how to intercept a pass every now and then. That would be something to see!

326. By Willz on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

Regardless if firing brad childress was a good thing or not. The players of this team never should of took it upon themselves to make this happen by playing poorly. If you like your coach or not you have to respect him.Players dont get to choose there coach a coach chooses his players. Chilly put his confidence in these guys and they cost him his job. This team didnt respect childress and they wont respect any other coach. IT IS TIME TO GET THE POISONOUS VETEREN PLAYERS OUT OF THE LOCKER ROOM. Until this happens this organization will be in disarray.

327. By Jeff on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

Pretty obvious these “player” comments were written by the PR department. They all say the same thing. Feel bad for this one, have confidence in that one. Would not expect anything else here. Some of them may let their real feelings slip later on. Say what you want, good or bad, there’s truth to it all, but coaches sometimes get fired because you can’t fire the whole team. Chilly needed to go, but he wasn’t the whole problem and removing him doesn’t solve everything. As much as everyone here seems to wan them to go on a tear starting Sunday, they really should be starting the 2011 season now, and that means trying out their next quarter back(s). Who knows, they might even win anyway.

328. By Willz on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

Honestly im glad a lot of these guys are free agents at the end of this season. So we can see them gone. Ive been a vikes fan for 25 years and i have never seen a more disprectful dishonest team. These players make me ashamed to call myself a fan. A lot of them should be fired. Maybe we should use one or more of these over priced cry babies to get a QB in a trade. Seems like every other team has a good QB now a days.
    Winfield and edwards are the only true athletes and team players on this D. Keep them off the rest

329. By SmileyStar on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

Actually it is Childress’ fault that Favre had the INTs. How quickly it is forgotten that lasxt2ear Favre came in with no training camp and got the job done. Why? The O-line was giving Favre better protection than this year. The recievers were running their routes correctly and were where they were supposed to be. The O-line made holes for AP! It’s not the same team from last year. The fundamentals are missing and from watching the players on the field, they have forgotten how to play their position. It’s like the Vikings did so good last year that they figured they didn’t need to practice the basics of their position. That is a coaching problem because it is an easily fixed problem. And now that Childress has been fired. The players are forced to focus on their own skills, abilities, and knowledge to keep their job or they are next on the chopping block. That’s why the cowboys fell apart. Not a lack of motivitation. More than a few players believed they didn’t need to work to be a high caliber player. It’s obvious from watching the games that we have played win or lose, who the players are that are putting the work. Favre, AP, Harvin, Rice, Greenway, Henderson, and a few others. It only takes one player to give up and cause a play to fail.

330. By Willz on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

If Coach Frazier doesnt get rid of at least one of these underperforming players. There will be more issues with this team in the future. When i seen edwards and cook at eachothers throats on the sidelines thats when i realized what was really going on with this team. Far from a coaching problem.

331. By packerfanfirst on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

How many Vikings does it take to win a SuperBowl? I don’t know ’cause they’ve never won one!!!!! Favre is a Ted Thompson plant to ruin your team.

332. By Ryan Kolton on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

So everyone is happy Childress is gone; but guess what; the players are still there. Don’t get me wrong, the team on paper looks great, but with Brett’s ego (consecutive games played and his off field non sense) and others who are paid millions TO DO their job, is sad. All the players need to take a good hard look in the mirror and step up to the plate to play football to their potential. For the money they make, that should be a motivator in itself. The season is done, but hopefully Leslie with the players can turn things around and try to look respectable. And maybe, just maybe Brett can after the 300th game can let Tarvais play a little.

333. By toad on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

Chilly can blame his demise on one decision he made. Hiring Favre this year is that one decision. Last year it was obvious that Favre (for maybe the first time in his career) actually listened to his coaches and did what they told him to do. He didn’t throw stupid interceptions.That is not what he did in previous years. If he had listened to coaches in previous years, he would have much better numbers and a much better record than he did. He was so good that he could get by WITHOUT listening to coaches and get away with it. Now this year, he doesn’t like the coach and is back to his old self, doing it his own way…..only problem is he now has a 40 year old body that didn’t go to training camp and isn’t on the same page as the receivers.

334. By toad on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

Oh, and one other thing. Favre is NOT a team leader which is what this team needed him to be. You would expect him to be, but that has never been a role that he fits. Probably because he is so self motivated that he thinks everybody else is like that too. Not everybody gives 100% like he does and he has no clue how to motivate others to do so.

335. By SmileyStar on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

Toad – It’s not Favre’s job to tell his teammates what they have problems with. Plus he looks at himself first. Actions speak louder than words and if playing through injuries including a messed up ankle isn’t enough to motivate his teammates, I seriously doubt any speech he could give would work. What do you think a head coach’s job is? Give press conferences? Motivate, teach, and ensure the team is mentally and physically prepared for each game. When their is a consistent failure in a team, the Head Coach like a CEO takes the fall. Ultimate responsibility for the team is the price of the job.
    I hope Favre returns next year and destroys the Packers. It should be an easy decision, because next year can’t be any worse than this year! ;)

336. By Stephanie on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

Toad…you don’t watch Brett’s press-conferences obviously and you didn’t watch him last year either. and you must have never watched him in his career. All players should be confident in their own ability or they shouldn’t be playing in the NFL. So Brett is confident but has constantly said this year “it starts with me” and “I need to play better” while also saying last year that the reason he was playing so well was because of the guys around him. You don’t play for 20 years in the NFL and have only one losing season (maybe two including this year) if you’re a bad leader and teammate. The reason Brett played well last year was not Brad Childress’s play-calling. (the passing game wasn’t that good under Childress until last season). Brett had much better protection from the O-line and he had the same receivers all year long including a deep threat in Sidney Rice. This year the offensive line has had three different centers and haven’t played well and the receivers have been moving in and out of different position all season long. Harvin is one of the only consistent wide-receivers he can depend on (although Rice is finally back) He also wasn’t injured like this year. He was allowed more freedom than the other QB’s under Childress and look where it got them last year. Ask all the previous Vikings QB’s and they’ll say they were frustrated with Childress. Has Brett played great this year? of course not, but if you’ve actually watched the games this year, there are plenty of other things wrong with the Vikings than just Brett Favre.

337. By KatBallou on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

The subject is coaches. It seemed to me there were many distractions while Childress was coach this year-especially toward the end of his reign. Coach Frazier had the defense working like a well-oiled machine last year. Some say things won’t change but I believe they will because Leslie is respected by all, been where they are and knows what it took to get him back on track. When the HEAD coach, responsible for the atmosphere of a team, doesn’t create and maintain this, the team plays like….! Hopefully Leslie can re-establish TEAM mentality, again, like they had last year. What has been going wrong is past and a new day starts today. We have great players and they just need a chance to focus on the game, their individual skills and how they fit together to make that superb force of nature we all got to witness last year-right up to the time politics won over fair play with that late and intentional late hit where Saints #93 (?) ground Brett’s ankle into the field to force him out of the game and the umps waited until after the game to apologize-which means they, especially the one looking right at it, GAVE the game to the pity party Saints. Last year was the Vikings year to win the Superbowl and they were cheated out of it. Favre finished the game WITH a broken ankle and is, right now, playing with fractures. That idiot that said he is responsible because he isn’t a good team leader? Are you nuts? He’s the guttsiest QB I’ve ever witnessed. The team needs unity and that seems to be what Childress was causing not to happen and I think all will be surprised by how Coach Frazier turns this great team around. These players are all incredible and just need a coach in the front of that V. And Sindney? Where are you? Moss? Settle in and you can be great. Peterson, you lare not only a doll, but amzzing on the field. Greenway, Harvin, Hutchenson, Jared, Henderson, Winfield and the rest of you, you got a great coach. Take advantage of his mind and skills while you can. Love you all.

338. By Steve in Iowa on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

Wow…it is about time! I was never a fan of Mr. Childress. I do feel that he is responsible for some of the losses based on some decisions he made. I am concerned about the QB next year….Childress was too sold on Tavaris….most would have grabbed a QB this draft, especially with who was available.

Sure, maybe the players did not put in their best effort. But like any business, the workers are a reflexion of the leader. Childress lost that leadership with the players. If the Vikes win the rest, maybe it is not necessarily due to the players playing harder but due to the leadership, or maybe a different type of game plan. Nobody likes being fired…but most of us would not get over 6 million if we got fired……so although he feels bad, he is not in the poor house. Maybe he will take the route of former Vikes coaches and become an assistant someplace.

339. By jon9656 on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY works in the sterile environment of academia and it shows…

340. By rocksalt on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

well said Katballou………

341. By rocksalt on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

Our team talent and some last minute luck got us to the NFC champoinship game last year.
    Childress is gone. He is gone becuase he was not the right person for this team. He was not a good head coach, anyone who thinks otherwise is sadly mistaken.
    The bad coach is gone. Time to move on.
    Get behind the new coach and team, and let’s see what happens.

342. By peterk on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

I have wanted this change since last years NFC Championship Game.
    The only reason I would play Brett Favre for the rest of the season is if he is coming back next year. If Mr. Frazier is truly looking forward he would play T- Jack and Joe Webb the rest of the season. Lets learn something from the stupidity of Childress. He did not have enough foresight to hose down the practice field with water before the Bears game. Our recievers kept slipping and falling on Soldier Field. Hint,Hint It is going to be RAINING A DAY AND HALF BEFORE THE GAME ON THE REDSKINS FIELD. EVER HEARD OF THE WEATHER CHANNELL ? CHILDRESS IS A MORON !!

343. By Pete on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

Wilf and his partners are the best owner the Vikings have ever had. Not because he fired Chilly specifically either. McCombs cut corners and ran the team into the ground not willing to invest into the Vikings. Wilf and his partners are willing to do whatever it takes to make this a winning team and that includes spending money and making tough decision. Hiring Chily was not a perfect decision, but it was the right decision at the time. At the time, the Vikings were in turmoil from the McComb years We needed a disciplinary type coach to get things back on track. I heard some people saying that Wilf had a bad press conference cause he did not spill the beans as he read from queue cards. Do we care about the beans? NO, we want to win games and feel good about winning. Do we care about how well Wilf is in public speaking? NO, we want to feel good as we watch talent flying around making sacks and scoring TDs.

344. By Pete on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

Wilf has only made decisions to help the Vikings WIN, to help us get interceptions, get sacks, score TDs, make blocks etc…

I have good confidence that he knows whats best when he let Chilly go.

345. By Coach Dave on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

Bottom line the players did not produce because they didnt want to for Childress.

I have been a coach now for 15 yrs ,and no I didnt win every game every season,but i did have the same kids for my teams (and other kids from other teams)most of those years because of how i was as a coach.

If the team dosent like the coach they will not produce for them at all.

Hence the players had issues with the coach and they didnt play well. so If the coach cant motivate the team then good for the owner to tell him to kick rocks.

346. By John Olaf Sorensen on Nov 25, 2010 | Reply

To Whom It May Concern:
    I’ve always heard that professional athletes were simply bigger and older children, and that characterization fits the Vikings current roster to a tee. I’m 55 years old and have been a Vikings fan from their very beginning, however, if a single offensive or defensive lineman makes it to the probowl, that will end. Personally, I never saw B.C. as head coach material, and feel the Vikings have won inspite of him, but that does not excuse the ‘I’m great, my job is secure, and the team is lucky to have me’ attitude among the majority of players. B. C.’s mistakes certainly are many but none were as criticle to the team’s future as giving up a third round draft pick for Randy Moss, for if the Vikings are to have a future, they will need all the draft picks they can muster. Simply put, the Vikings’ players, like much of the country, are controlled by a sense of entitlement and are ignorant of the fact that if you require someone else to motivate you to do your best, you are not a professional anything!
    And finally, though the ultimate child Brett F., has earned a spot in the Hall of Fame, given his ‘contribution’ to the Vikings’ locker room, he probably should not be a first ballot inductee.
    Vert truly,