Frazier Expects Best Effort “Every Single Snap”

Posted by Mike Wobschall on November 22, 2010 – 5:23 pm

A disappointing record was likely a large factor in the Vikings deciding to part ways with Brad Childress and name Leslie Frazier the interim head coach. A disappointing record also has the Vikings far out of the playoff picture – not mathematically eliminated but certainly needing a drastic improvement to get back into the thick of things.

But Frazier said during his introductory press conference on Monday that he expects maximum effort from his players, regardless of record.

“In our league as a professional player, in my case both having been one and now in a coaching role, you understand that every game you’re being judged on performance,” Frazier explained. “The challenge that our players have is to understand that other people around the League are going to look at that tape. You owe it to your teammates and to your family to go out and play hard every single snap. It’s my job, along with our assistant coaches, to get those guys to play hard every single snap, regardless of record.”

Frazier did not shy away from expectations. He’s taking over a team that’s fallen to 3-7, but he’s also ready to take on the challenge of winning games, starting this Sunday in Washington.

“The best way to judge myself, the assistant coaches and the players, is wins and losses, period,” he said. “Along with the effort that we give on Sunday afternoons. I hope that you will never question the effort of our players, because that’s a reflection on me personally. We’re going to go out and do what is necessary to put ourselves in a position to win every Sunday. That’s the goal and that’s how we’ll approach it.”

Notes:
– Frazier said that Brett Favre will be the Vikings starter on Sunday in Washington. “There is no hesitation for me in that regard,” Frazier said.
— Asked about individuals he might lean on during his time as head coach, Frazier said: “No question that Tony (Dungy) and I will be talking often in the days and weeks to come. He called me earlier and I haven’t been able to speak to him yet, but we will definitely be conversing over the days and weeks to come, without question.”
— Frazier said he was able to speak with Childress earlier on Monday. “Brad and I had a chance to talk and it was a difficult moment, without question,” Frazier explained. “We both gave one another a hug and just tried to encourage each other. He knows that I’m going to pick up the phone from time to time and call him up and ask him questions about various matters. I just wish he and his family nothing but the best.”

Tags:

109 Responses to “Frazier Expects Best Effort “Every Single Snap””

1. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Let’s get this turned around NOW!!!!!

2. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

first step is a WIN, Boys,,,,,,,,,,,

3. By Spence on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

im mad because we did this a game to late- we have a better chance of making the playoffs if we went 10-6. but going 9-7 AND making the playoffs this year is almost impossible.but i dont understand why that if the players dont like a guy they have to quit on him. i sure as heck extremely dislike my coaches but id never quit on them.

4. By UBRETT-CHA on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, AND THE LOVE OF THE GAME—JUST START FRICK’IN PLAYING!! USE YOUR GOD-GIVEN TALENTS TO THE ABILITY YOU ARE CAPABLE OF!!!! NOW, GET YER ARSES ON THE FIELD, AND LET’S ROCK THIS!!!! SKOL, VIKINGS!!!!

5. By Frederick Jones on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Spence, get over it. Like coach said, “We are looking forward to Washington, there’s nothing we can do about the past.” Or words to that effect.

6. By Frederick Jones on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I really like the fact you can hear Coach Frazier during the Pressers. In fact you could even hear the newspaper men. Sid Hartman was there!

7. By Spence on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

wow you people r unbelieveable. our players QUIT because they dont like a guy. its really pathetic

8. By CodySTP on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Atta boy Zygi, Now lets get us a W Vikes.

9. By Frederick Jones on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Spence, you are right. Let’s look to a great future with Coach Frazier.

10. By Terry on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I don’t believe the players quit on Chilly, I think they’ve quit on FARVE!! Here’s a player that didn’t have to show up for pre-season and now is playing like he is AFRAID! If Farve would become a FOOTBALL PLAYER again, the team would win. Examples several goal line and short yardages situations where the obvious move is PUT YOUR HEAD DOWN AND GET THE FIRST DOWN OR TOUCHDOWN and he tries to throw the ball, which were either intercepted or incomplete. I hope Fraz can fire the team up and that includes FARVE, he also has to get the DB’s to turn their heads to the QB so they know where the ball is, Rogers was throwin it right by their ear holes.

11. By Spence on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

i think we lost that game because of chris cook and turnovers- it has ALWAYSSSSSSSS baffled me. if ur running stride for stride with a guy for like 30yards dont u have enough common sense to turn ur head. also on a fade route these corners seem to never turn their head!!! are there ANY ex or current cornerbacks who can answer my question???

12. By 1 on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

LES THANKS FOR STICKING AROUND YOU DESERVE TO BE ARE COACH GO BACK TO OL’SCHOO AND MAKE YOUR “D” TO OFFENCE I HOPE TO SEE A BIG SMILE ON YOU AND FAVRE THE REST OF THE SEASON NOW WERE STRONG VIKESLIFE#4EVER….

13. By rocksalt on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Spence-
    OUR TEAM HAS LOST BECAUSE IDIOT POINDEXTER LOST THE TEAM………Have you EVER been on a team that hte co9ach has lost?????I have, and there is only one option……….get rid of the coach who LOST HIS TEAM!!!!

14. By Lisa C on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

What a pleasue it was to listen to Coach Frazier answer questions clearly, and concisely without trying to be funny or being vague. He is obviously a man who has a focused vision and the respect of the players.
    As I believe brad Childress is a good man with the best of intentions, I wish him well in his future endeavors. However, I think this move will be excellent for the Vikings going forward.

15. By 1 on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Im so glad zig fired chilly and put in Les in!

16. By TJ on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

It all comes down to the QB, Look at Montana, Young, Aikman, Tarkenton. They LEAD their teams, right now he IS NOT LEADING THE TEAM. A team wins and Loses with the QB. If it isn’t him its the OFFENSIVE Cooridinator’s fault. You have the tools but aren’t using them correctly. Here’s what they need to do. Bring in either Jackson or Webb, either one is more mobile than Farve (needed since the O line appartently can’t block worth a dime) and a pro set with Peterson and Gerhart then you can swing left or right screens and the opposing D has to react instead of keying on a back. This would make Gerhart a lead back in the I formation. Then all Fraz has to do is get his D line to kick it into gear, they all look lethargic, I think Allen puts more energy in his radio show then his pass rush this season.

17. By 1 on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

They did’nt respect brad childress (eagles players) either and i see why now 3-7-no title! (Go Les Go)

18. By Bigfan1 on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Very professional and encouraging from all fronts, I know that Childress laid a foundation, but someone had to take responsibility and the coach is responsible for his team. Leslie Frazier sounds like a natural for this job.

19. By soldier1986 on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

terry dont be stupid. they didnt quit on favre. they begged favre to come back even when he didnt want to. god your pathetic. wake up

20. By 1 on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

We all know (the whole world) knows the offence of line needs to protect are beloved vikings leader mr.4th quater brett favre now we can do that now no excuses m!.Les!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Let’s go minnesota vikings!

21. By Stephanie on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I really liked what I heard from Leslie Frazier in the press conference. He seems focused and to the point. last year the Jets were 9-7 and made it to the playoffs so hope isn’t gone quite yet, but I admit it is a long shot. A LOT of things need to happen that are not in their control. However, I would just like to enjoy watching the team win some games even if they don’t make the playoffs. It feels like a fresh start, but it’s a little late. While I didn’t agree with how Childress coached most of the time, I know that it wasn’t all him. The players just haven’t been playing well and there have been several issues all around. I don’t think the players quit on Childress, I just don’t think he related well to the players and there needed to be a change. Coaches are an important part of the team.

22. By #1 on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I got to say im gratefull to see chilly out and Les in i allways wanted”em 2 lead number #4!!!!

23. By Frederick Jones on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Spence, a DB will usually do what they call “Screening” when they are overmatched by a receiver. This means they just follow the receiver and look only at him. It’s not a good method, but if you are beaten, what else can you do?

24. By Stephanie on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

TJ, Brett is trying to lead the team (like he always has), but the offensive line hasn’t been protecting well this year and the receivers position has been inconsistent with injuries and new guys coming in. that’s part of the reason for the turnovers. there hasn’t been a deep threat. has Brett been very good? no, he’s partly to blame, but there’s plenty of blame to go around. why do we think he played so well last season? he had decent protection most of the season and he had the same receivers the whole year INCLUDING Sidney Rice. Brett’s too old to carry this team, he wasn’t any more mobile last year, but the team around him played great including defense.

25. By Bruce on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I think there are 2 issues to fix ASAP

1) Pass Protection – Favre being the 2nd most hit QB in the league is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!

2) Defense – Our players need to start attacking the ball, create turnovers and strip the ball which has become very popular lately.

On the positive side, Frazier has a GREAT rapport with these players and I’m positive he will get the best out of these players which will result in mistakes being fixed.

26. By D-B on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

The game planning and play calling under Childress was terrible since he arrived. He was overrated in Philly and was a long shot at being a succesfull coach in minnesota. He never exposed weaknesses that seemed obvious. Players make it to the NFL because they have talent and love for the game, but confidence and motivation play a huge role in winning, and the players had no confidence in or motivation to play for Chilli, hopefully that changes with Frazier

27. By CarterMossReed on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Does frazier know anything about offense? I’m very happy that chilly was let go, just wondering if frazier knows both sides of football.

28. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Anything is possible to him/her that believes.
    PLAYOFFS

29. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I do admit I am taken aback by these players– Green Bay did not beat us– we let them. That is the division we saw on the sidelines– those players with self-respect and inner motivation angered over the players who need momma to feed them milk and cookies after the game to induce them to play. Pathetic. I will stay on the Viking ship because I respect the heart of AP, Favre, Harvin, and a few of the others who have not given up– the rest of the players– they are the ones that should be leaving before Chilly.

30. By Bruce on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I wonder if Dungy would come in as defensive cordinator for 6 weeks???

31. By Bruce on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Our secondary needs help right away. Too many big pass plays given up.

32. By D-B on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

The secondary has been a week spot for years. I do not understand why it has never been adressed except to draft the likes of chris cook and asher allen. Even during that great year last year, or pass defense was terrible, if we had some talent back there, could have been 15-1 easily and won it all.

33. By mrsmiff on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Dungy for DC? Do I dare believe?

34. By soldier1986 on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

be sane. i agree with you 100% theres only a few players that give it all every game and thats favre, harvin, and peterson. everyone else is just lazy. the d line and the o line are just too lazy. our d backs are horrible. i played better coverage than that when i was in high school. and i sucked. they dont even try. every team we play, the recievers are WIDE open. every play! we made cutler look like joe montanna. riduclous.

35. By wisconsinvikesfan on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Hey! what is Firechild going to call himself now???

36. By Woodboat on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Probably Childressfired

37. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

he is calling himself fireDchildress

38. By Woodboat on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Be Sane… I have to disagree with you. Not every player on a football team is a leader. The vast majority look to the star players to LEAD them. Who has led them this year? Obviously it wasn’t any of the coaches, Frazier included. If Leslie was a true leader, the defense wouldn’t have completely fallen apart regardless of what was happening on the other side of the ball. Look at how many years the Bears won games with no offense at all.

Do you guys even realize that talent and scheme have EVERYTHING to do with success. Our DBs don’t have the talent (dropped ints, bad reaction times) to play in a cover 2 style def. They are too slow to react. They require LB help, which limits the help the LBs can give on the line. The D ends have to CONTAIN every play…. how hard is it to block a DE that only goes one way? Pretty darned easy. That leaves the DTs facing 3 OLs and a back, 2 on 1. Gotta be lazy to be unable to beat that, right?

The O Line is crud. McKinney isn’t who he once was, and he’s never been as good as billed. Hutch is slowing down a lot. Sullivan is raw and injury prone. Herrera is bad, and Loadholt was a total waste of a draft pick. There isn’t a QB on the planet that can run this offense behind that line. This is a 3 step and chuck it line.. you don’t have enough time for anything else. You don’t have the blocking to run it outta the backfield between tackles. You gotta run a Greatest Show on Turf kinda O with these guys.

The vets can’t lead the followers with bad coaches. And this bunch, Frazier included, is bad.

39. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

We can disagree — that’s what makes America great. Your opening sentence, though appears misleading– I never said every player is a leader. But I will say that every player is responsible for his own play– they are all adults making a very high salary.

40. By Woodboat on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Ask yourself, why has Frazier gone to so many interviews and never been offered a head coaching job? Is he getting the invites because of race in order to meet league requirements? Is he invited because of his track record and comes up short in the interview process? What has he done this year to protect his obvious deficiency in the defensive backfield?

Lets just say I’m skeptical. Keep him interim throughout the rest of the season and see who is available for next year. Maybe he will be the best candidate. I’d be willing to guess the Vikes can do better.

41. By Woodboat on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Leaders lead, and the rest follow. This is a fact in every group. Yeah, ultimately a person is judged by his or her own actions. But the fact is the coaches and stars control the level of effort given by the team as a whole. There isn’t room for discussion there. Maybe it shouldn’t be that way, I agree, but that is the way it is.

Now there are some players that are leaders and WILL lead regardless of whether or not anyone will follow. Greenway, Harvin, Favre… all 3 and maybe others fit that mold. Favre took the blame for every loss, and gave credit last year for every win to his teammates. Greenway and Harvin show they have no quit on the field. It would be great if an owner could assemble 53 of these guys, but there isn’t a team like that in the league.

42. By Woodboat on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

lol.. I wonder how long it’ll take for firechildress to morph into firefrazier….

43. By ben on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

well the people got there way, can’t see this changing to much though, we just don’t have a great team plain and simple

44. By Justin on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

So I wonder, who’s going to be the new Defensive Coordinator?

45. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

GO VIKINGS–

46. By purplerainman on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Those who think Frazier will not be a leader for this team because of the team’s current situation are sadly mistaken. Jason Garrett is a perfect example of what can happen when you give a guy that knows the game and a little something about the word team a chance, regardless of how well his offense or defense was doing previously.

What most fail to understand, is that the Coach calls the plays (like a director) coordinators call up play and work similar to the way a choreographer would choreograph movement on a stage. The director (or in this case coach) still has the final say.

To say that Frazier lacks the skill set to coach a football team or that he lacks a certain stigma to be a great coach is ridiculous. Time will tell all. I am just excited to see this team move in a different direction. His first day on the job, and the judgement already kicks in.

The past should tell us something: As with most all of the coordinators we let go, they get picked up by another team and go on to win super bowls (e.g Dungy, Billick, Tomlin). I’m glad we had enough sense this time to test drive the vehicle.

47. By Jason Vesely on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I think Leslie Frazier is going to get more than 6 games to prove himself as a head coach with the Vikings, because I have the feeling that he is going to get the job. Why go outside and interview a head coach when the promotion has been made from within already?

48. By Conner on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

If a free agent quarterback or a trade were made for a quarterback, which one do fans feel would be most likely to end up in Viking purple in 2011?

A) Kevin Kolb
    B)Carson Palmer
    C) Vince Young
    D) Bruce Gradkowski
    E) Sage Rosenfels

49. By purplerainman on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I love some of the words Frazier used today: TEAM, FANS DESERVE BETTER, BUY IN, MINNESOTA HAS GREAT FANS, WE WANT TO MAKE MINNESOTA PROUD, MOVE FORWARD NOT BACKWARDS. I’m not sure I’ve ever heard Brad say “The fans deserve better”.

50. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I would hope it’s Palmer.

51. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

We had a zoo for half a year. Cincinnati is a full-time mess. He has got to want out of there.

52. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Purplerainman, you are spot-on. Frazier has earned a decent shot at this.

53. By Conner on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Jason La Canfora of NFL network reports tonight that the Wilf’s have some interest in developing a role for BIll Parcells in the Viking organization if Parcells has an interest. That hot tempered cuss could help de-ice 494.

54. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Maybe as GM. He’s been out of coaching too long.

55. By Conner on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Nova: Thanks for answering the hypothetical. Sorry you spent 3 hours last weekend with your ex. I always read your stuff and get a chuckle. You definitely are a Viking fan through and through. A lot of things can happen and it can be fun to play fantasy GM now.

56. By purplerainman on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

@Nova – Thanks!

57. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I can’t remember if it was 3 hours or 673,879,341,994,086 hrs.

58. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

She is why God created booze.

59. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I would love to see a happy Carson Palmer in purple.

60. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I am having trouble getting my posts to stick tonight– I apologize to all my fans-

61. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

That apology shouldn’t take long, BSAS!

62. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Very funny Nova– let me rephrase– I apologize to all those anxiously awaiting my posts, whether fan or foe.

63. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

What happened to Frederick Jones?

64. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Oh, now this thing is working, 11:30 pm.

65. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I had some great posts— oh well, you all will have to wait— am too tired to replicate such high standards of wisdom at the moment.

66. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Just kidding BSAS, God knows where Fred is.

67. By Lito on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Less talk, less d rama, less excuses. More on practice, practice, practice, practice, and practice. Job is simply based on performance. Good luck Leslie.

68. By Paul on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Okay i like the move time to turn this around. Next year i would love to see Les as HC and B.Billick as OC. Lets do this!!!!!!!

69. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Great post Lito– short, simple, but oh so profoundly accurate.

70. By Conner on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Any chance the Vikings could make up for trading Chester away and bring one of our own home? Could we do something to get Marion “The Barbarion” Barber and his brother for the defense? Trade Camarillo for Eric Decker. If undrafted offer Adam Weber a try-out as a backup. Bring a few Minnesota boys home to play for the hometown team. Indiana’s QB is a studd with nothing around him. I wouldn’t offer a first round pick, but 4th-6th round. Even if we drafted high enough to get a Cam Newton he’d be a hold out as he’d have to take a paycut coming from Auburn.

71. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Yep, and bring in Favre to coach Webb– Favre can start each game and play a quarter to keep his streak alive, but then he can mentor our future QB.

72. By Conner on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Paul: The Vikings need a new larger stadium so Billick’s ego could fit inside a stadium. He isn’t going to come back as a coordinator, unless it’s to help someone find a shirt to match their pants at The Men’s Wearhouse.

73. By arahn on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

dropped by to see whats’up.
    good to see you here Nova.
    Someone posted about how long br people call “fire Frazier”. Interesting, if he started doing all the same things chilly did then not long. But, since he has a completely different personality and was an actual player who understands the game then I doubt that will happen — not an egomaniac control freak. It’s not losing games that matter but how a coach handles it and Chilly did all that the wrong way — I swear, he, chilly, came into a situation where Mike Tice had already done most of the rebuilding of the team and then went gestapo on MN, taking all credit for success and sh/tt/ng on players for losses and he’d been cr@pping a lot lately.
    Frazier doesn’t have to win all the games for the rest of the season but have composure and an ability to lead — I think he has that. He can hire his own assistants to work with in the future.
    Also, for the D going downhill. Chilly did most of the drafting/waiving decisions…some of them were bad and some were really bad.

74. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Chili could lend him a few bucks.

75. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

I agree –I highly doubt Billick would come back as a coordinator or Dungy as some have posted— these are Superbowl coaches who now have sweet positions sitting around bs n about football for the media. Frazier will do well, I do believe that.

76. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Nova is Sonja brown or black?

77. By Conner on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

BSAS: I like Favre, but I question how much of a mentor role Favre can play for a young quarterback. I think he can teach them how to study film and prepare as a professional quarterback. The things Favre does between the lines on Sunday defies the rules / laws of playing quarterback because he plays so much on passion and instincts. This is why he has some of the most remarkable moments in NFL history and some of the most disappointing. He’s been struck by thunder, and throws the ball like lightning! Joe Montana once said, “Some people throw darts at ballons, I throw balloons at darts!”

78. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

She is technically brown, but they are referred to as “Red” Dobermans.

79. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Conner, I am not sure how serious my idea was– it was a bit of satirical dreaming.

80. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Ah, I can see her now– I had that feeling she was not a dark dobie– I don’t have any idea why– my mom’s neighbor had a dobie of that color– skiddish thing– jumping on everything, barking at anything– a real nut case.

81. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

It’s 2am here, time to say good night. I leave you with “Chili’s Last Stand”. Remember, this is copyrighted. Any use of the following words or pictures without the express written consent of NovaScotiaVike, Inc, can result in stiff penalties (15 yds,.)Breaking News…..Breaking News…..(Chili Presser)…(Chili)…”O.K., lots of football left”…..(1st rep) “Chili, you’ve been fired!”….(Chili)..”you are supposed to refer to me as “coach!”….(2nd rep)….It’s over, Chili, the people are dancing in the streets!”…..(Chili)…but I had an awesome presser planned, I was going to say ” it’s a man-whip-man kind of play!” (Reporters) “????????????” (Chili)… I just love saying “man-whip- man”, man-whip- man, it gets me excited!”(Reporters)(Heading for the exits)….(Chili)…” I think that’s why my wife put me on the PUP list, you guys know what I mean.”(Reporters)(Frantically trying to escape)….(Chili)…”you haven’t heard the last of Brad Childress, I will rise from the ashes like the mythical Tuscon!” {Reporter’sRevolvers) “BANG,BANG, BANG,BANG.” (Moderator)… “OK, last two bullets for the ex-coach!!”……..Well, he was a great source of material, but thank God he’s gone.

82. By BE SANE, SERIOUS, & LOVE ALL, BABY on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Oh, unclear modifier— that – refers to the reddish brown color like Sonja

83. By Conner on Nov 22, 2010 | Reply

Coach Frazier has a lot of similar qualities to Tony Dungy. Mike Ditka recently said “Leslie Frazier was possibly the most underrated corner he could remember.” He seems like a quality person, so it isn’t hard to want him to succeed. Childress is probably a good person as well, but his personality or charisma just seemed to have some deficiits to me. I love the speculation of Dungy, Billick, Cowher, Gruden. Time will tell, but we may have already hired a younger and better coach than all of these greats.

84. By Conner on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

BS&S Thanks for the clarification. I’m going to go ride the purple unicorn to sleepyland knowing our armed forces are protecting the greatest democracy in history, and BS&S is protecting the Viking blog from bandwagon jumpers and NFC North hacks. Goodnight.

85. By vikes blogger on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

http://cole-wolvesvikingsblog.blogspot.com/ follow my blog to find out what is next for the vikings

86. By Viking-ology on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

Sorry Chilly, but you had to go. Good luck Frazier, lets see what you can do…

87. By Viking-ology on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

With the stadium woes looming, the Wilfs have a lot to consider. Ultimately the fans will decide Fraziers fate-too much is riding on staying in Minny. Although a ‘proven’ coach would be a much needed boost in Vikingland, It would be ashamed to let another coordinator become a Superbowl champ as Head Coach somewhere else…

88. By Viking-ology on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

QB – Andrew Luck. Perhaps with a statement like this, a franchise QB in Minnesota is the step-in the-right-direction the franchise needs to consider for the Vikes to stay in Minnesota…

89. By JD on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

whatever you do please dont let ray edwards go, its not about allen always, keep edwards

90. By Just Win on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

Amazingly Frazier just put the final nail in his own coffin before he even starts! When you come out and say that “Favre will be your starter and there’s no hesitation”, either he’s extremely stupid and hasn’t see the offense this year or he’s being forced to say that B.S. because Ziggy’s riding Favre’s C#$K (either that or Favre’s got some “naked pictures” on Ziggy :-)).

When the Vikes go 2-4 with their remaining games and Favre under center, that makes TWO coaches that will get fired because of the awful play of Favre.

91. By Rye on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

I like this move. I wish Frazier the best. He definitely has a better personality than Childress. I thought he was impressive in the press conferences and interviews today.

It’s too bad Green Bay has a pretty easy schedule because I think Chicago is going to have a major meltdown based on their remaining schedule.

You never know, a miracle could still happen… it’s not over till it’s over.

I am just glad they fired childress. I was tired of his bad play calling. At least now this gives me a reason to watch the rest of the games… win or lose!

Skol Vikes… go out and have fun and play hard.

92. By Roger Troy Wilson on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

I studied the game film, and Frazier needs to be blitzing more often. We are too vanilla on defense, our opposition knows this, and our front four are just not putting enough pressure on opposing qbs.

On offense, Favre needs to call his own plays, as he knows the entire playbook and has the advantage of the “feel for the game” that is being played.

In drafting players, I would like to see a program put in place to look at defensive linemen to play on the offensive line, and wide receivers to play dback (defensive linemen in general are meaner and bettter athletes than offensive linemen, and wide receivers in general are better athletes than dbacks and can catch the ball better).

93. By David Plowman on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

Connor,

On your QB question I would say none. Here are my reasons.

1. Kevin Kolb is riding the bench in Philly and I do not think he is starting QB material.
    2. Vince Young. This guy blows up when the game is on the line.
    3. I have never heard of him so that cannot be good.
    4. Sage Rosenfels will always be a backup. We need a starter.

It is time to rebuild and with the way the vikes are playing a good QB will be there in the first round.

94. By packerfanfirst on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

Watch out! Somebody told Favre Leslie was a little hottie and now he keeps trying to sext him.

95. By Phil on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

There’s no doubt that Favre has not played perfect but our line has to protect him too! No matter who you have a QB they need time to survey and throw the ball.

On defense I really think they should consider moving Jarad Allen around and not always keep him in the same spot, like the cowgirls do with D. Ware.

I think they should put Hank Basket in along with S. Rice.

If we are really ahead in a game I think they should give Joe Webb some time to play, I think he might have that “It” factor.

96. By PopaDzo on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

This move had to be made. Not that there is any thing deeply wrong with the philosophy Chilly utilized but the more so the execution thereof. In my opinion and having coached before… one approaches this thing with an idea, or plan in which one believes is the right solution and at some point when it is not working one has to make the decision to either stick with that plan or change it… Chilly simply would not change. Simple things like continuing to run stretch plays with AP when it does not fit him or our O-Line. While the philosophy is sound the application was not. Also, not shoring up the WR position early in the season and attempting to make Harvin a wide out… or those “zone flooding” pass patterns that we used to run prior to Farve… all were practical ideas but they just did not work with what we have and instead of changing or adapting Chilly held fast to his vision. While i am looking forward to Les taking the reins, I feel that if he simply makes the same mistake it will produce the same results…. and while I know it is extremely early in this new change nor do I wish to be a wet blanket and critical… I do, however am not particularly comfortable with the abundant usage of the word “hope” by Les… I don’t hope I eat everyday or that my bills are paid… I make it happen, one way or another… some should inform Les’ PR people about that and work on striking it from his vocabulary. I am not saying or expecting these guys to go on a 6 game winning streak; make the playoffs; win the Super Bowl… i just don’t fancy the idea that he “hopes” we go out and play with professionalism and effort… I rather hear they “will” and let the chips fly from that standpoint…

97. By PopaDzo on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

Gruden?!?!?
    coaching?!?!?
    if he had not been behind Dungy he would have just ruined the Bucs two years earlier than he did!!!

98. By PTVIKEFAN on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

Firing Childress and giving the job to Frasier was the only thing we could do at this point. Time will tell whether or not Frasier is the long term solution at HC. He may be smart and well respected by the players, but our defense hasn’t exactly over achieved under his tutelage this season.

The bigger question in the immediate future is the QB situation. If the organization still believes we have a realistic shot at making the playoffs then keeping Favre at QB is the right way to go. If not, it makes no sense to keep him at QB. We know he won’t be back next year and that we’ll need a starting QB. Let’s find out if we have one or if we need to go and get one.

Wilf has put Frasier in an awkward spot because he needs wins to keep his job. But wins this year don’t necessarily help us for next year without a QB.

If we lose against Washington this week and Favre has another poor performance, they have to make a change. If they don’t then I’m at a complete loss as to what this organization is trying to accomplish.

99. By Fontana Al on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

INSANITY doing the same thing looking for different results.Brett starting in INSANE.

100. By Fontana Al on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

Someone said that Favre didn’t let the other teams score,I beg to differ pick sixes he has a couple of those.Making your defense play on a short field
    because of turnovers.Also keeping your defense on the field because you aren’t moving the ball.They get tired they are human.Green Bay was very wise to let him go,look at their results and look where we are Brett Favre is FOOLS GOLD.

101. By tbianc2 on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

who will be our DC? seems like frazier did’nt do a great job this year.

102. By mrsmiff on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

WHY ARE THERE P3CKER FANS ON THIS SITE???

103. By Pete on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

Wilf and his partners are the best owner the Vikings have ever had. Not because he fired Chilly specifically either. McCombs cut corners and ran the team into the ground not willing to invest into the Vikings. Wilf and his partners are willing to do whatever it takes to make this a winning team and that includes spending money and making tough decision. Hiring Chily was not a perfect decision, but it was the right decision at the time. At the time, the Vikings were in turmoil from the McComb years We needed a disciplinary type coach to get things back on track. I heard some people saying that Wilf had a bad press conference cause he did not spill the beans as he read from queue cards. Do we care about the beans? NO, we want to win games and feel good about winning. Do we care about how well Wilf is in public speaking? NO, we want to feel good as we watch talent flying around making sacks and scoring TDs.

104. By mrsmiff on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

Hey Dennis, let me try to explain something to you. I can only hope you are smart enough to get it. The reason Favre has struggled this year is largely due to a terrible offensive line that allows him to get knocked around and only gives him an average of 2 seconds to make plays- not enough time to sneeze, let alone properly survey the field or find open receivers. And it hasn’t helped AP either.Still skeptical? Need a comparison? Watch the Jets and the Patriots’ o-lnes. Note the td-ints ratios of Sanchez and Brady this season. See how LT’s running game has vastly improved from last year. Now I ask you. If things are so bad for one of the greatest qbs of all time, and one of the most dynamic running backs in nfl history, what makes you think things will improve with TJack or Webb under center? I’ll admit TJack looked good with the td pass and the 2-point conversion in the Patriots game, but he was only completing a drive Favre started but couldn’t finish because McKinnie blew his assignment (again!). On his next go under center, we see why he’s a #2 qb. He makes a nice 33-yard run but then makes a couple of poor throws. He’s just no Vick. Now for Webb. What do you think will happen if he is put out there under the same conditions as Favre? I’ll tell you- not only will he fail miserably, but he may get badly hurt or have his confidence seriously damaged. It’s just not worth it. The better plan would be to give Favre a fair shake with a with a top quality o-line. He’s just gotten Rice back, and Gerhart is starting to come along as a good 3rd down back. If that doesn’t work out, then fine. But let’s try it first.

105. By mrsmiff on Nov 23, 2010 | Reply

That goes for you too Fontana.

106. By 4eversteve on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

I like the fact coach Frazier said he has been talking back and forth with coach Dungy, willing to take input from other people wasn’t one Childress strong point. What concerns me is that he was in charge of the defense and there has been a major drop off in there play, of even more concern was his inability to get the defensive backs to play well considering that was a position that he held when was playing in the NFL, and you would think that that would be a position of strength on the team rather than the main weakness. My hope is that coach Frazier can turn this season around . He is in a very tough position after the Childress contract debacle, trying to get this team out of a hole that it has dug for itself, while trying to secure a head coaching position and possibly having to intern-rum label removed so that he can secure a heading position full time , it not going to be an easy task. ” Good Luck Coach Frazier” Remember to keep an open mind in this constantly ever changing league when you are game planing and dealing with your personnel .

107. By DRS on Nov 24, 2010 | Reply

It is amazing that one man, (Brett), can make or break a team. No other player had a hand in the doings of the Vikings losing? Well some seem to think this. Forget that the receivers’ refused to play to their capabilities. That both the offence and defensive lines forgot how to play, and that the coaches forgot how to call plays. Yes, it is all Brett’s fault.

108. By jordan brand ジョーダンブランド air jordan kicks air jordan 4 on Jul 1, 2014 | Reply

Greetings from Colorado! I’m bored to death at work so I decided to browse your blog on my iphone during lunch break.
    I enjoy the knowledge you present here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home.
    I’m surprised at how quick your blog loaded on my
    cell phone .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G ..
    Anyhow, very good blog!

2. Nov 22, 2010: Frazier Expects Best Effort “Every Single Snap” | Vikings Stop Blog