VIKINGS – PACKERS CONNECTIONS
- Vikings QB Brett Favre played 16 years (1992-2007) of his career with the Green Bay Packers. He led the Packers to the playoff s in 11 of those seasons including who appearances in the Super Bowl and one Super Bowl victory. He has a 9-time Pro Bowler and three-time league MVP with the Packers.
- Vikings K Ryan Longwell played for Green Bay for 9 seasons (1997-2005) before coming to Minnesota and is the Packers’ career scoring leader with 1,054 points.
- Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell got his first coaching job with Green Bay and was on the Packers’ staff for 6 seasons (2000-05).
- Vikings head coach Brad Childress coached at the University of Wisconsin as offensive coordinator, quarterbacks, and running backs coach from 1991-98. During his tenure the Badgers played in five bowl games, highlighted by Rose Bowl wins over UCLA in 1994 and 1998.
- Vikings asst. offensive line coach Jim Hueber and special teams coordinator Brian Murphy coached on the staff at the University of Wisconsin.
- Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell played QB at the University of Wisconsin, where he helped guide the team to a Rose Bowl victory over UCLA in 1994.
- Vikings TE Visanthe Shiancoe (2005-06) played for the New York Giants with Packers RB Ryan Grant and Packers WR coach Jimmy Robinson was the Giants WR coach in Shiancoe’s rookie season with the team in 2003.
- Vikings TE coach Jimmie Johnson played for the Chiefs when Packers head coach Mike McCarthy was on Kansas City’s staff .
- Vikings TEs coach Jimmie Johnson played in Philadelphia while Packers defensive line coach Mike Trgovac held the same position for the Eagles.
- Trgovac also coached at the U.S. Naval Academy with Vikings QB coach Kevin Rogers in 1989.
- Vikings LB coach Fred Pagac coached in Oakland when Packers CB Charles Woodson played for the Raiders.
- Vikings S Madieu Williams and Packers assistant OL coach Jerry Fontenot were teammates in Cincinnati in 2004, when Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier was the Bengals defensive coordinator.
- Vikings DT Pat Williams played his final year in Buffalo with Packers QB coach Tom Clements serving as the team’s offensive coordinator.
Posted in All | 2 Comments »