- The Vikings and Packers have one of the most heated rivalries in the NFL, with Green Bay holding the all-time series lead 50-48-1.
- This will be the 100th matchup between the teams, the most the Vikings have played against any opponent in the league.
- The Vikings-Packers previous 26 games (1998-2010), which includes the first playoff matchup between the two squads in 2004, have been remarkably even with a combined score of 630-618 in favor of Minnesota.
- Head Coach Brad Childress has won 3 of his last 4 games against the Packers.
- Vikings QB Brett Favre will play his fourth game against the Packers, after spending 16 seasons with Green Bay.
- The Vikings have a 25-23 record against the Packers at home and are 23-27-1 on the road.
- The two teams have gone to overtime five times throughout the series, and the only tie came in a 10-10 deadlock on 11/26/78 at Lambeau Field. The five overtime games are the most by the Vikings against any single opponent.
- The last time the Vikings met the Packers was just a few weeks ago (October24, 2010), a game the Vikings lost 28-24.
Posted in All | 1 Comment »