Submit Your Monday Morning Mailbag Questions

Posted by Mike Wobschall on November 14, 2010 – 9:17 pm

I know there are lots of comments and questions to get to following this weekend’s loss to the Bears, so the Monday Morning Mailbag will make its regular appearance this week.

Do you have a comment or question (that I can answer)? If so, submit them by either commenting in the space below this blog entry or by sending me an email at wobschallm@vikings.nfl.net.

Remember that we can’t post every comment and question, but I’ll answer every question that comes my way.

259 Responses to “Submit Your Monday Morning Mailbag Questions”

1. By Mike Wobschall on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Hey everyone – I’ll be happy to answer questions about the Bears game, next Sunday’s game against Green Bay or any other questions about the team. But let’s keep the complaining about the coaches or playcalling to a minimum. They aren’t going to be included in the Monday Morning Mailbag piece so they’re just a waste of time. I understand some people’s disappointment in those aspects of the team and you have the right to feel that way, but for the purposes of the Mailbag, let’s stick to questions about the games, players and other issues on the team.

Thanks!

2. By Bruce on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

DEAR LOVIE,

ENCLOSED IS $10,000.00 DOWN PAYMENT FOR THE

1) “HOW TO STOP PLAYERS FROM SLIPPING AND FALLING SECRET REMEDY”

2)”FIX YOUR O-LINE OVERNIGHT SECRET REMEDY”

3) “HOW TO FOOL THE OWNER INTO THINKING YOU ARE A GREAT COACH SECRET REMEDY”

THANKS SO MUCH,
    B.C

3. By Woodboat on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Hi Mike. Thanks for giving us fans a forum to get some insight into the Vikings organization. I for one appreciate the position you are in. Question:

Do you think Mr. Wilf will take a hand in the weekly operation of the team, given it’s lack of success in all phases of the game? If so, can you tell us what form this maight take?

4. By Bruce on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Dear Brad,

WHY FAVRE IS THE SECOND MOST HIT QB IN THE LEAGUE? WHY CAN’T YOU FIX THIS PROTECTION PROBLEM?

5. By Woodboat on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

err… might take….:)

6. By purplerainman on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

What’s the point Mike?

We feel bad for making you answer questions that all revolve around one obvious problem.

7. By Woodboat on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Bruce… Let’s try to respect the difficult position Mike W finds himself in and respect his wishes to keep the complaining about the coaching to a minimum on this blog. I will gladly join you on an earlier blog and match you in venom, complaint after complaint, on the coaching subject :)

8. By Bruce on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Dear Brad,

What crossed your mind when you saw your players slipping and falling and coming up with sod in their helmet?

Did you think about having the players wear longer cleats?

Did it bother you when you saw Shianco slip and fall down causing an interception after AP did that very same thing earlier?

9. By Bruce on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Woodboat, lets not sugarcoat this. This is why we dont get anything fixed because no one asks the tough questions of Brad! You should have watched Pam Oliver drill Jerry Jones for answers!

10. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Complaining and whining only exacerbates the problems our team has– IF YOU CANNOT BE PART OF THE SOLUTION, then best to not add to the problem.

11. By Woodboat on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

I can answer one of your questions: How do we fix the protection problem? 1. Keep Sullivan upright and on the field. 2. Find a RG and a RT that are worthy of the titles. 3. REALIZE that your RG and RT need assistance nearly every play and provide such. 4. REALIZE that your LT also needs help often and provide when necessary. 5. Focus on fundamentals with your o-line, as they seem to have forgotten what it means to run-block and/or pass block.

12. By purplerainman on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

@Be Sane & Serious – You’re right, that’s exactly what happened when Chilly complained about Brett’s play against the packers in a tough environment.

13. By Bruce on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

My questions are the same questions that MOST VIKING FANS WANT ANSWERED!

But Mike is afraid to ask Brad those questions. He wants generic pleasant questions like “Umm Brad, how soon will Rice be ready to play?” and “Brad, do you think we can turn this around” “

14. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

I don’t think there will be any questions if we cannot ask about why the team is not doing well, or how we will fix these issues– because frankly we know the team personnel has a lot of talent in all 3 phases– so questions would have to be about the coaching and playcalling.
    I have a question:
    What will you do at the next outdoor road game (Washington) based on what you learned from the defeat at Chicago?

15. By purplerainman on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Mike W. for coach! He knows the enemy way better than Brad. I’m not kidding.

16. By Bruce on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

I’ll answer the protection problem with a question for Brad… Brad, when you see one of your tackles like Mckinney or Loadholt having problems with a defensive end getting through to Favre in less than 2 seconds, why don’t you give them some help? Or why don’t we have a tackle we can use instead? Did you ever think about trying our guards at tackle position and the tackles at guard position? Maybe our guards are quicker? Maybe we should have our big boys on the inside and put our pro bowlers like Hutch on the outside?

17. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Question:
    What is the difference between playing on grass and artificial turf?

18. By Woodboat on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Heh… Bruce, I’m not sugarcoating anything. I don’t think I’m as upset as you are because I have given up any hope of reaching the playoffs 2 weeks ago.
    I’d actually like Mike to answer my first question, as I believe it is a legitimate one. I’m not trying to be incendiary or blow off steam, I want an answer to a real question.

Bruce and Be Sane… to think that we as fans on this site have even the smallest effect on the decisions that get made for this team is completely ridiculous. If you wish to be positive or negative, feel free. It has absolutely no bearing on this team in the slightest, so flaming others for being contrary to your opinion is silly. That being said, Be Sane…. you obviously did not realistically depict your own mental state when you chose your name. :)

19. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Question:
    How does a hall of fame quarterback make completions when he is on his back?

20. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Question:
    Where is the fearsome pass rush from last year?

21. By Bruce on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Bevel should be promoted to head coach, not Frazier. Frazier isn’t doing well this year. But here is another question, ” Do you see a corolation between Favre being the 2nd most hit QB in the league and his turnovers and the O-line protection and our losses? Oh yeah, not to forget our blitz pickup when AP does it right…ENUFF SAID!

22. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Question:
    What role does leadership have in winning, and who has that role on this team?

23. By Rosie Schluter on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Why hasn’t a good sports psychologist been able to forge the players into a working team mentality? They are talented… but don’t seem to be in sync with each other.
    Or do they need some “teaching” from the “Minnesota Vikings Grandma Patrol” (see Facebook)?
    Where do you think the term “time out” came from?
    And then give them a cookie – because that’s what Grandmas do!

24. By Bruce on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Woodboat, we could still get a wildcard spot if we fixed all these problems. so playoffs are still a possibility but division champs? NO WAY

25. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Question:
    How much of halftime is spent making adjustments based on the opponent’s first half of play?

26. By Bruce on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

My last question for Brad…Do you know what cleats are?

27. By Jesse on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Don’t mention the Chilly or the play calling huh? What else is there? We are the most predictable team in the league. Run up the middle, Run up the middle, Tight end hook, Punt!! That is our offense and our defense, rush 4 play zone all day baby. The key to winning is to make the other teams quarterback as comfortable as possible!! If Zigi doesn’t fire Chilly tomorrow he is just as much the problem as anything else. This team will not win with Chilly, EVER!! The talent level is crazy, but if you don’t use it right then what’s the point. This defense is taylor made for blitzing and pressure. When will we stop playing not to lose and start playing to win. GET AGGRESSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. By arahn on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Where to begin? Why did you throw away $1mil for H. Baskett? Why did you waive/trade so many talented players (C. Taylor, Reynaud, Walker, Moss, etc.) and now we find ourselves hurting in those positions?

29. By Woodboat on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

I don’t think Childress will get replaced before the team is mathematically eliminated, and probably not until the season is over (which may be a mistake if they target a high profile coach to replace him). I think we can all agree that Coach Childress will be a well paid 3 year retiree after this season.

I believe that a house cleaning is in order. I’d keep the RB and LB coaches… the rest of the staff should be replaced at the end of the year, including Spielman. Hows Chris Cook working out for you, Rick? How ’bout that Moss trade, eh?

30. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Woodboat, I agree with you 100%- the fans on here have no bearing on what will happen with the team decisions– that is the premise behind all of my arguments.

31. By purplerainman on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Why is it that National Football League players play like Bush League players when they hate their coach?

32. By Woodboat on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Bruce, you may be right about the wildcard, as poorly as the conferance is playing this year. 9-7 MIGHT get a seat at the table. Do you see any realistic possibility for them to go 6-1 given the turmoil in the lockerroom? If you do, you are way more optimistic and have way more faith in the leadership (coaches and vets) than I do.

33. By Bruce on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Okay, I am going to ask this very important question in a serious manner……

Brad, why were our players slipping and falling down which resulted in incomplete catches and interceptions while the other team’s players were not having that problem as much?

34. By purplerainman on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

I’m trying here….

35. By Woodboat on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Be strong, Purplerainman…. buck up, little soldier… :)

36. By Woodboat on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Bruce, I’d like to field that falling down question. Moose Johnson answered it during the telecast. The receivers and Favre are on completely different pages. He throws the ball to a point where they can make a reception and not get blown up by a DB. They run their route, but don’t properly evaluate their positioning relative to the DBs, so they don’t move to where the ball will be thrown early enough. This causes them to burst towards the ball, causing in turn for their feet to slip or for them to completely miss on the properly thrown ball. This in turn causes Favre to get negative press beacuase of his poor completion percentage and his INT numbers.

37. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

I like the cookie idea. I like vanilla sandwich ones, I cannot have them in the house.

38. By Woodboat on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

It can be summed up with the following: The O-Line sucks, most of the receiving corps sucks, and there isn’t a QB alive or dead that could make up for it. Ask Archie Manning about this.

39. By Mr.Purple69 on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Really? With all the talent on the team, this is the result? Mr. Wilf (Wilt) what are you you waiting for? You already dumped 16 mil into a 3rd rate coach, dumped our 2011 3rd round pick, and feel obligated to starting a decrepit, over played QB. Go ahead and stay the course, let’s can the whole season, we’ll need a great first round pick next year. This is weak.

40. By Woodboat on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Jesse… I’d argue that this team isn’t as loaded with talent as it seems on paper. The key to any team is it’s lines, Off and Def. Ours look old and/or untalented. Our receiving corps is poor other than Harvin ( and rice assuming he returns to form. Our DBs are poor. Our Special Teams players.. well who knows what talent they possess, but they are performing poorly of late (lockerrom issue there?)

I was hollering for blitzes today, and when I was rewarded with one (they sent 6) they completely failed to get ANY pressure on Cutler, who was standing behind one of the worst rated O-Lines in the business. On the Pass rush, they REALLY are only rushing 2. The DEs are responsible for containment so they either try to get the corner or, if they are overplayed, they can break to the inside, which takes too long when your LBs and DBs are YARDS away from the receivers. Pat Williams doesn’t have the speed anymore to get to the QB. So you are left with Kevin trying to get the sack or flush the QB towards the DEs. Double Kevin, leave a RB in the backfield as a safety net in case the Vikes blitz, and you have a completely clean pocket 90% of the time.

41. By purplerainman on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

This isn’t easy…

Why does Percy play with practically a broken ankle and Bernard “Bi’anca” Berrian sit the bench with a minor groin injury in a highly important divisional game?

Why does AP have to run to the right side when it clearly gets stuffed every time?

Where is Jared Allen, the Williams Wall, E.J Hendersen, Ray Edwards, Winfield on the Blitz? Did they get traded? Cause I haven’t seen them this year.

Why does the west coast offense offer only 5 plays? I thought it was may extensive?

Does Sidney Rice want to come back?

42. By mike on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Tell Hank Bassett he is the man … Big Fan ….

43. By Woodboat on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Mr Purple…. Favre isn’t the issue. He isn’t playing the best he ever has, but Joe Montana couldn’t win with this team. We’ve got no O-Line, bro.

PS. What makes you think they won’t trade down from our top 10 pick to get back the pick they traded to NE… and then draft another second rate CB or maybe a long snapper with their first pick late. Sure glad we have Chris Cook instead of Colt McCoy on the roster, aren’t you? That McCoy kid is terrible, and Cook is headed for the pro-bowl… oh, wait….

44. By Dean on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Dude SICKLES;

I watch a far but know this loss will shut your your traps. I”m tired of of your Bears bashing and getting on Lovie. I read and hear all of this all year and beyond. Sure it may be ugly for the Bears most of the time; but some times it’s sweet like today. Except a few bare facts:
    1. Favre’s Porky’s like behavior has and had an impact on thr team. Like it or not he’s also a embarassment to our game; moreover because idf charicter is everything it also means when no one is looking and it gives reason to pause such a great career.
    2. Give Lovie some credit. He has not had a greatest of GM’s like the Vikings and he’s making the best of what he has. Besides why can you give it up for a guy who will beat the Packersuck?
    3. Childress is not will not bring a championship to Soda. HE IS WHAT YOU THOUGHT HE WAS/. Look at what he did to T. Jackson 2 years ago and how it effected the team moral forever. Fire the guy it’s long over due.

45. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Mike, I’d like to know why I’ve left this country 7 times to follow a team that I love, for 42 years, only to see a talented team self-destruct, and become the laughing-stock of the NFL?

46. By kraze k on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Mike – How come the Vikings always do good either the first half or the second half or the other way around? Why can’t we protect Favre and give him more than 2 seconds to throw the ball? Why not bench McKinnie sense he can not block for Favre and everyone just blows by him pretty much like he is not there? Why are we not fixing the problems that we see every game, which are basically the same problems over and over? Why is Childress still with the Vikings? Why is it that every time that the opposing team throws the ball their guys are wide open but when we do the passing play the receivers are pretty much completely covered making Favre squeze the ball into the receivers? Why can’t special teams tackle?

47. By Woodboat on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

lol… nice, mike!
    Hey, I don’t blame Hank Basket. If I was a never-was NFL WR sitting on the couch watching Oprah and the Vikes called and said they’d pay me $1million to come stink it up on sundays, my front door would look like Scooby Doo just ran through it without opening it first. Way to go, Hank!!!

48. By Woodboat on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

kraze k..
    EXCELLENT questions, bro!! And the reply will be a Drew R. quote:

“Next Question!”.

49. By purplerainman on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Hank Baskett playing for the Vikes = Childress still taking it without a reach around from Reid. Excuse my language, I did not know how else to put it.

50. By matt w on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

alright I have 2 questions. #1 is, are we going to bench Sidney Rice? Now before you think “what is he smoking” hear me out. He is in his contract year and reports said he was ready to go, but instead of doing what was right for the team. He decides to ease his way back and only think of himself. The other reason, which leads to my second question is during the fourth quarter about midway through. I saw Rice, Berrian, and Harvin sitting on the bench talking, laughing, smiling, and not paying any attention to the game, while those on the field were busting their humps trying to do something. My 2nd question is will there be any disciplinary action taken with these 3? It was very disrespectful to the other teammates, who were actually trying to win this game.

51. By Woodboat on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Dean…
    I assume you are a Bears fan.

All I can say in response is SCOREBOARD. Bears are the better team.

Congrats.

52. By Woodboat on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Hey, purp, don’t blame Reid! He CUT Baskett….. Childress got him outta the local ice cream parlor to wear that purple jersey.

53. By purplerainman on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Right, and that wasn’t a coincidence? Cause Hank is an athlete’s athlete.

54. By matt w on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

I also have a 3rd question. Why don’t we bench McKinnie and in his place, put Ryan cook in there. He is a very good tackle, who is in my opinion a way better tackle then Mckinnie. Mckinnie is way overrated and showing signs of being lazy in protection. Cook is just licking his chops to get in there and tare it up like everyone knows he can.

55. By Woodboat on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Matt W. Rice was medically cleared to go. That doesn’t mean he was prepared to go. I, for one, would not question Harvins toughness. I, for one, couldn’t care less is Berrian is sitting on the bench… it’s a good spot for him.
    I musta missed the shot where they were yucking it up during the game. The shots I saw it looked like someone had done a Michael Vick on their respective family pets.

56. By purplerainman on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Don’t get me wrong. I think Hank is a cool dude. Just maybe a favor for a favor – that’s all. I guarantee you, no one else would have grab him.

57. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Mike, you don’t have Jen’s number, do you? Since I’m not spending 5k on the Green Bay trip, I’m looking for another “good” investment.

58. By Woodboat on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Nah, purp… I think you are reading too much into Hank getting cut loose by the Eagles. They didn’t want him and I think we all can see why. Troy Williamson is a heck of an athlete, too.

59. By Woodboat on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Matt W…

They don’t put Cook in at LT because they need him to step in WHEN Sullivan hits the turf. This team lacks athleticism at both the tacke spots…badly.

60. By purplerainman on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

You’re right Mike. My overall point was Chilly take will take Reid’s sloppy seconds at the drop of a hat. lol Troy Williamson.

61. By Woodboat on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Nova….

Dang, I know, huh. She’s hot. 5k on the GB trip? As in $5000? To see a game? Really? You must go first cabin all the way, my man! Congrats on THAT!!

62. By purplerainman on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

@Woodboat – good point on Cook/Sully

63. By arahn on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

I bet it would work better to replace McKinnie with a blocking dummy … just need the guard to move it every play, the effect would be the same, DE just runs around it on every play… but you could cut the payroll and look like a genius.

64. By Conner on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Question for the coaches: What changes in routine? What changes in the lineup can we anticipate for the Packer game to assure fans everything reasonable is being done to motivate the team and win the game? I just watched an inspired Cowboy team with a few regulars getting a good view of a win.

65. By vikings012 on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Hey mike my question is: Will you please tell Childress to go F himself for me and every other vikings fan and tell him to get his sorry @$$ out and let Fraiser take over. Come on Ziggy do the right thing and fire Chilly now.

66. By Woodboat on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Best post so far goes to arahn…..

freakin hilarious!

67. By Dac from Bloomington on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Coach Childress, how soon before we see less fullback and more one back looks? Also I cant wait to see some Rice Verrian Harvin Camirillo spread offense sets to get the ball out quickly. It seems like helping the line is less important than having more recivers in routes. I need to see more hustle on our team and blocks need to be engauged longer and finished off!

68. By matt w on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

vikings012: Frazier isn’t any better. I agree that he should take over for this year, but then should either be let go, or have him take over the defense, though I dont think i want him as either defense of coordinator or head coach, seeing how bad the defense has been the last few weeks.

69. By Dac from Bloomington on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Coach Childress, do you get more frustrated with the teams execution or the predictability of our playcalls?

70. By Conner on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

The WIlliam’s Wall – What A JOKE! These two slugs are living off of their performance from two years ago. Teams used to fear running against us, and dread our pass rush. Put those two Bozo’s on a milk carton, because they are missing….

71. By Fishingnut on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

While it definetely is not all on Favre isn’t it time to play Jackson the rest of the year and see what he can do? Decisions need to be made about next years quarterback and how he does in a game and not the practice field needs to be seen.

72. By matt w on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Woodboat: if that is so, then why was cooper playing center then? When cook has been in there. He has looked way better then Mckinnie and loadholt combined. Give him the opportunity to play the left tackle. He will protect favre far better, he will run block way better then mckinnie can.

73. By Conner on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Vikes fans remember Coach McKay of the Buccaneers? When asked, “How do you feel about your teams’ execution? McKay responded ” I’m all for it!”

74. By purplerainman on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

The best post was by Matt W. . “I saw Rice, Berrian, and Harvin sitting on the bench talking, laughing, smiling, and not paying any attention to the game, while those on the field were busting their humps trying to do something.”

This is the truth and this is what happens when players give up.

75. By rino on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

hey mike 3 question
    1.do you feel a coaching change is now a must and do you see Frazier taking over as head coach anytime soon to savage the rest of the season and to see how Frazier does in that role.
    2. Farve is a great player but I feel it is time for T-jack to get his shot .as the season goes on it seems that Farve injured body is not helping its hurting the team will he be man enough to admit that and sit out if ask.
    3.I believe there is still hope for the vikes do you agree and what can they do to turn it around

76. By Dac from Bloomington on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Coach Childress, why is there such inconsistancy with the review/challenge process? It clearly looked as though the interception late in the game had touched the ground and surely helped the defender secure the ball. Even more so than that touchdown that Shaincoe caught earlier this year that was overturned. It seems like we are getting the short end of a lot of these calls.

77. By matt w on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Im not questioning havins toughness either, but I saw those 3 talking, laughing, and not paying attention to the game and that seems very disrespectful to me.

78. By Conner on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Mike: Any chance the Gophers Interim Coach could also coach the Vikings the rest of this season? He did a fantastic job of motivating some guys to play hard even when they were down. Congratulations to the Gophers! Even though the season isn’t what you boys hoped. Your hard work yesterday showed you won’t give up.

79. By matt w on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

harvins*

80. By Tom on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Hey Mike,

We all noticed the absence of Rice throughout this season…but with the added loss of Berrian and possibly Harvin, where does that leave our receiving core? Is there anyone that the organization is looking into? Possibly off the practice squad? Because Camarrio and Lewis cant do it all alone.

81. By Dac from Bloomington on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Coach Childress since the players dont respect you does that make it right for the umpires, judges, and referees not to respect you? Its effecting the team and the fans. Get Bent! Give me some Joe Webb!

82. By Conner on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

If people are wondering about Harvin’s committment, remember, a week ago our great coach questioned his toughness. Everyone is tired of getting questioned about their toughness. How would Childress feel if the players kept questioning his intelligence. Oh wait, I forgot our 12 men in the huddle took us out of field goal range that could have put us in the Super Bowl.

83. By fire childress on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Mike Wobschall -since Chilly’s job is at risk and day to day, is your job at risk too? since after all-Chilly hired you

84. By Dac from Bloomington on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Is there any way we could put the play calling exclusivly in the Quarterbacks hands? It seems like Bevell is having a hard time getting the players in any kind of rhythm. Perhaps throwing the ball to get the early lead and soften the d for Peterson to pound the rock and finsh the game for us.

85. By purplerainmain on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

I don’t think anyone questions Harvin’s toughness. His dedication, support and professionalism while his team is down could use some work.

86. By BrettM on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

It is disappointing that the we aren’t stretching the field more. We have success with play action passing…especially when the play action is to the opposite side of the field. We are too predictable with the running game. The bottom line is the play design and play calls stink.

Watching the Patriots tonight against the Steelers, the Patriots kept playing to win. They weren’t going to sit on a lead…they just kept throwing it. We don’t throw the ball much until we are down and therefore we aren’t generating yards, first downs and points. Childress just doesn’t have the guts to play to win. He plays not to lose and it shows.

87. By purplerainmain on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

On the other hand, it probably sucks feeling like you’re the only on trying e.g. Dez Bryant.

88. By Fishingnut on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Not really a question but I had something terrible happen to me today. I had two tickets for next Sundays game laying on the dash of my car and someone broke into it, now I have 4!

89. By Dac from Bloomington on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Can you run Harvin more. He hits the hole quickly which is a good change in pace. Peterson is a good patient runner but sometimes he needs to go back to his rookie style. Fast from the start and electric to finish.

90. By Conner on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Fishingnut you ROCK! Send 4 Packer fans to the dome, for a tip on good Wisconsin fishing holes.

91. By Dac from Bloomington on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Why wasnt there one pass into the end zone the whole game?

92. By purplerainmain on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Does anybody want to know what’s up with the 9 road losses in a row? I do.

93. By Dac from Bloomington on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

With the ball on the 11 yard line do you think next time you will get more creative to either get close to the first down or the end zone?

94. By fire childress on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

is Ziggy keeping Chilly around on purpose so the team can move to LA easier, due to much less fan base?

95. By Dac from Bloomington on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Do you have the ablity to motivate your players or are they unintrested with anything you say?

96. By arahn on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

@ Dac: because we didn’t have a “deep ball” receiver on the field. All the WR we had in the game today are slot receivers — except Lewis but I don’t think he’s caught anything since last year.

97. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Woodboat, sorry about not answering you earlier, Iwas BBQing. Yes, sadly, the average Vike trip costs me about 5k, whether I drive or fly. The difference in the dollar (which used to be a killer), gas or airline, I always tried to do it first class, because I can only do it every few years. I’d prefer to forget about this year, Bermuda sounds better!

98. By Dac from Bloomington on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Have you ever considered being a pioneer of a new style offense? Is there such a thing as an out-dated system in our everchanging and adapting game.

99. By purplerainmain on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

@arahn – exactly. Chilly thought the Diva Berrian was set to go today. His groin acted up or something just before game time. I think his old teammates had a hankering to lay him out today and he knew it.

100. By PurpleParody on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Mike –
    After our loss to the Packers in Green Bay earlier this year, what changes do you foresee the team implementing to turn the luck in their favor this week?

101. By Dac from Bloomington on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

How is Joe Webb’s development coming along?

102. By arahn on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, his “groin pain” is as believable as the dog ate my homework or Chilldress is building a SB team.

103. By Dac from Bloomington on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Is quarterback mobility directly attributed to how many hits there has been on Brett?

104. By fire childress on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Mike W. we don’t want any fun facts on friday anymore, and if you could talk to Chilly about getting my money back for the Randy Moss jersey i bought

105. By purplerainmain on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

@arahn – lol. If I had that much money and that many women after me, i would have some groin pain too.

106. By arahn on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

@purplerainmain — LOL Life is tough on BB

107. By purplerainmain on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

lol

108. By Dac from Bloomington on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

When does your brand of football change? Whats happening right now is now working! The effort is not there. When you notice linemen not finishing their blocks or Tahi just getting in the way rather than making a hole what do you say to them or adjustments do you make? Because I see the same mistakes repeating themselves and a good coach has ways to correct these problems. Id love to breakdown film then lay into some of these pre-madonnas with you!

109. By Woodboat on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Joe Webbs development….. How much time do you think Childress is devoting to Joe Webb right now? “Hmm…. if I don’t get my head outta my backside, I’m gonna lose my job and any credibility I have left. Hey, I know, I’ll do it by DEVELOPING JOE WEBB FOR THE GUY THAT’S GONNA TAKE MY JOB!!! ”

Yeah, probably not what Childress is thinking. More something along the lines of “Gee, I lke pudding”.

110. By purplerainmain on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Here’s a question.

Why are the fans and their opinions found at the very bottom of the totem pole when we are actually the ones that generate the income to pay the salaries of these coaches and players?

Last time I checked, this was a business and for most businesses, the customers come first.

111. By Dac from Bloomington on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Is there any way to fix our red zone woes? Why was 3rd down so difficult to convert in Chicago? Why are most of our blitz packages so balanced and easy to pick up and our dline stunts so counter productive?

112. By Woodboat on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Answer to purplerains question follows:

Because the only opinion that matters is the one printed on the ticket to the game that the fan continues to buy. Perhaps they find a few opinions on the receipts they get from the proceeds of the hats and jerseys the fans purchase. The signs in the stadium are much appreciated by those of us sitting on our couches, but the REAL statement the owners see is “Hey, that guy paid for that seat…..”

113. By Woodboat on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

I would pay money to see Dac lay into Jared Allen. Actually, I’d pay money to see what would happen to Dac AFTER he laid into Jared Allen. GO GET UM, DAC!!! lol

114. By silver fox 2 dallas on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Hey Mike I along with many vikings fans are wondering if or when we could start using Tavaris in some packages i really think him and Joe could spark the offense especially when we are deep in our own territory and need the mobility to extend plays so our receivers can find gaps in the defense this i think has been our biggest issue not being able to develop plays. i would love to hear an answer as to why we couldnt throw a couple packages to not only give Tavaris and Joe great experience even if we just have them do some qb runs. Yes Favre could be the starter but that does not mean he has to do it alone, I truly believe that we can still win out and go deep into the playoffs.

115. By Dac from Bloomington on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

As soon as I saw Webb play and how hobbled Favre is I would have started putting together a sick package of plays to utilize a gifted athlete. Imagine the fear of Harvin Peterson and Webb in the backfield. This could spell some of the punishment Brett is taking.

116. By Woodboat on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Our 3rd downs were hard to convert becuase they were 3rd and forever, and we don’t have anyone active that can catch a deep ball, other than Harvin that was covered times 2. We don’t get to the QB because we make no effort to disguise coverages presnap. Easy to gaurd against when you know its coming.

PS Shout out to the refs. Why was Shanks TD catch the other day a trap, and the 2nd INT today legitimate?

117. By purplerainmain on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

@woodboat – good point. However, I wonder if all owners see it that way? e.g. Jerry Jones – I believe he’s in the business to make money, but I also believe he puts the fans first. Matter of fact, I think he has something to do with footing the bill on some of the Vikings revenue issues – if I’m not mistaken.

118. By Woodboat on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

silver… our receivers couldn’t find the openings in coverages with a map and a seeing eye dog. Favre threw into the open spot several times today for incompletions because the receiver didn’t recognize the coverage and didn’t adjust accordingly. Johnson even commented about it today on the telecast.

Yeah, Jackson is just the spark this team needs…. that or an admission of surrender.

119. By Dac from Bloomington on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

I would lay into Jared. With his play out there. The dline needs to be on the same page and help each other on each play. They need to trust each other and force the qb to a predetermined spot were one is waiting for the sack. Its those little games inside games that help you win. Not going at it alone and for yourself. Besides Jareds power is down and his burst of the ball is lacking. I would love to see him regain his legendary “non-stop motor” style to wreak havoc on opposing offenses

120. By favrefan on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

My main question is probably stated above, but do you think Frazier heading into Green Bay will have to start considering mixing in more blitz packages. While at times today the front four seemed to be getting more push up front (although it was against a chicago o-line that allowed 9 sacks in a half this year), Cutler still had way too much time and shredded minn’s dbs I thought. Rodgers will do the same if he’s that relaxed in the pocket, and at what point do you say, this plan isn’t working…we need more pressure? I would of thought that would of been halftime today, but that’s just my 2 cents.

121. By purplerainmain on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

I agree with DAC. Jared should be an animal at his age. He’s getting man handled, they don’t even double him up anymore. Maybe he needs to take a long walk with John Randle and Chris Doleman.

122. By Woodboat on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Purp…. yeah, I was just being cynical. I think that the Wilfs truly want to win and would rather stay in Minn. If the people of the state don’t want to/can’t afford a new stadium and L.A. can, I’d be willing to bet the team moves to sunny California. I do know one thing though… if they expect the voters of CA to accept the bill for a new stadium in LA, they are dreaming. This state is so broke its… its… heck, I can’t even come up with a joke thats bad enough to cover that one. We’re broke, thats it.

I predict that Childress gets the axe as soon as the team becomes mathematically eliminated. Unless he goes berserk and fires the Governor, Oprah, and the dude that delivers beer to the stadium. Which, now that I think of it, he just might try…

123. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Like I say, WoodBoat, aside from gas or airline expenses, that’s about %3500 that I would have spent in Minneapolis next weekend. I hope to do it again, you guys are great there, but not this year. Point that out to Ziggy, then multiply by dozens of fans.

124. By Dac from Bloomington on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

What is the status with Tyrell Johnson? Is he not understanding the defensive schemes? For a second round pick to be inactive and out-played by Williams and Abdullah tells me he doesnt have the “it” to be effective in this league. Is it too early to use “bust”?

125. By purplerainmain on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

@woodboat – Now you’re talking my language, I personally believe it is a goal at this point to get the Vikes to CA. However, I disagree on the stadium approval, The voters of CA will scoff at the taxes but also consider the proposed 18,000 jobs that will be created. Just looking at the current population of CA, I also believe the tax would be minimal. Either way its a win for the state.

126. By Woodboat on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

I detest it when I write a really funny, insightful, and swearword free post and it gets rejected.

Mike W….. could you grant me a special dispensation to post free of rejection? Thanks in advance, my brother! lol

127. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Mike, does Chili have some sort of “relationship” with Mr. Wilf that the casual fan is unaware of?

128. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Sadly, we are now Dallas North. Your feelings, Mike?

129. By Dac from Bloomington on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Chester Taylor was such a huge asset for us last year. The Bears underutilize him more than we did. That loss hurt more than I thought it would. He got a lot of third down conversions. Just sayin

130. By Woodboat on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Who do you keep from this team if you have to start over?

131. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Childress, welcome to the Viking Hall Of Shame.

132. By Woodboat on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

My list:
    Peterson, Tahi, Webb, Hutch, Sullivan, Rice, Harvin, Camarillo, Gerhart on offense. Maybe Cook and Cooper.

Honestly, I think I’d keep the entire starting defense other than the safties and the corners other than Winfield. Keep Farwell and both kickers. Keep Brinkley, Erin Henderson, and the backup D Lineman.

Keep the RB and LB coaches.

Everyone else gets the axe for next year.

133. By purplerainmain on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

I’d bet 20 Million dollars that Chilly would leave Favre in Mississippi if he could do it over.

134. By Woodboat on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Oh, forgot Shank, Dugan, and maybe Jimmy.

135. By Woodboat on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

IDK, purp… his job would’ve been on the line regardless. Jackson would have been worse than Favre with his inaccuracy. His decision making is suspect at best, and couple that with the very limited amount of time the Qb has been getting to make the proper decsion… disaster. AND it would be losing with Childress’ handpicked man. Childress has tooled himself regardless

136. By Dac from Bloomington on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Offense: Peterson, Harvin, Rice, Berrian, Shaincoe, Dugen, Harerra, Hutch, McKinney, Favre, Webb, Gerhart, (Moss, Reynaud)
    Defense: Allen, K. Williams, Evans, Guion, Robison, Edwards, E. Griffen, E.J. and Erin Henderson, Greenway, Cook, Winfield
    Special Teams: Farwell, Onatolou, Brinkley, Sanford, Abdullah, Williams, Jaymar Johnson

137. By purplerainmain on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Honestly,

I would want see this same team but completely healthy. I truly believe that Griffen and Rice add a lot on both sides. The only change would some personnel in be in the secondary.

138. By Woodboat on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Interesting, Dac. Berrian, Herrara and McKinney were left off my list (on purpose), and Favre isn’t coming back, so I left him off (suspension from the jets thing will start game 1 next year, wait and see). I’d keep Leber, too. He’s still playing well. Interesting to see others opinions.

139. By david on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

brad chilldress should be fired is he going to be after the loss to chicago as well as his little schpeil on the randy moss thing. brad childress and wade phillips can go help someone else lose.

140. By Woodboat on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

I can respect that, purp. I’d have to add that I’d like to see an improvement in talent at the RG and RT, maybe even LT positions. Given the proper coaching, oh, what this season could have been. Bill Cowher, hear my prayer!!!! lol

141. By purplerainmain on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Woodboat, your absolutely right! This team is an allstar team by any other standards. It all comes down to coaching and being coach-able. I believe every one on this team is coach-able and eager to win. I’d love to see a guy like Gruden dig into to some of these guys and pull it out of ‘em.

142. By Pinebrigade on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

What has been a better investment of the owners money this season? Bernard Berrian’s $5.5M for zero touchdowns or the extra $3M Zygi kicked to Favre to comeback and lead the league in interceptions? –

Signed- G.M. Brilliance

143. By Dac from Bloomington on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

We could use a new Center, a #1 Corner, a ball hawk saftey, and Coach Brian Billick or Jon Gruden or Bill Cohwer.

144. By Pinebrigade on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Can coaches be impeached by the players or the fans??

145. By Dac from Bloomington on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Ziggy should hire me as a consultant. I can be ear to the street. A voice for all the great Viking fans.

146. By purplerainmain on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

@Pinebrigade – No. – But that would be sweet. However, those with short tempers would need to cool down for a day before voting.

147. By Joe on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Okay Mike, I admit to being a Bears fan, but also a football fan.
    Like most people, I expected a lot more of the Vikings and lot less of the Bears this year.
    I have a couple of questions about this game:
    1) Why did the Vikings blitz more since the Bear’s O-line has had trouble with it all year?
    2) Why did the Vikings continue to kick to Hester?

Thanks

148. By Pinebrigade on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

OK… let’s think constructively. What are reasons Childress should not be fired?
    Three reasons : 1. hmmm…. 2. wait a minute… 3. Nope. I’ve got nuthin’!!! Anyone else want a try??

149. By fire childress on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

i would like this message to get to Ziggy: if Chilly stays we will not get any free agents to come here, and the players with contracts up will not stay here. we would still have Matt Birk if it wasn’t for Chilly. Matt did not want to play for Chilly anymore, thats why he left to play for the ravens

150. By mrchicago on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

time to bench favre, its just time to let go

151. By VIKINGFANLV on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Mike,

It appeared today that Adrian was not utilized hardly at all the second half. He seemed to be doing fine in the first half, particularly the first quarter. They went to Gerhart A LOT in the second half. He seemed to handle the ball OK, but why did they stop going to Adrian and not get him more involved with the game on the line?

152. By fmfan on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

if a team is 3-6 and the starting QB has twice as many turnovers than tds do you think he should be replaced by the backup QB ?

153. By Nemesis on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

. Bret sorry to see ya waste your last year here in MN . Randy Moss is the one who lucked out .At least he will be in the playoffs ths year . First off again Its not all bad . I made out on betting like a bandit this week . I came to conclusion early in the year NFL is under Mob control. I mean the officails in the NFL week after week making bad calls . I went against all the big bets this week . Did really good. Playing the bets like the game is dirty . But That still doesn’t explain the MN team .
    In the 60,s we had the purple people eaters . Today we have The 4 queens on defense line. And the purple panzies on the offensive line.
    MN has the worse coached team in the league Now that Dallas got rid of its coach. Brad you suck .

The defense line is way over paid , as is the offensive line . I would only keep 1 offense line player for next year and none of the present players would I keep on defensive line . All overpaid pansies.

Than the officating is a loke through out the league. Should be an investagation but the people doing that would likely be under Mob control as well . I really likeing Detroit there my new team . Thiese Vikes have no heart . Other than Bret .

154. By natedog on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

I am a Minnesota Vikings Fan, and I wear my purple and gold proudly in Kentucky. Win or lose I’m a believer in this team, look at the talent on this team. Awesome, just Awesome! Keep pushing forward, playing for yourselves and for one another and lets go get our next win against Green Bay. GO VIKINGS!

155. By DON'T BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

All I have to say is WOW.

156. By alan on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

when are they going to fire chilly it needs to be soon.

157. By DON'T BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

So Chilly when will you be fired??

158. By Jackmioff on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Wow now thats how you get the L. Go Vikes!!

159. By Jackmioff on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Driver can you please slow down some, I want to jump off this wagon.Thanks.

160. By Jackmioff on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Favre throws a mean pick. Am I right or am I right.

161. By Jackmioff on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Chilly does it bother you that all your players and all the fans have more respect for Randy Moss than for you?

162. By Pick 6 on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Favre should change his name to Pick 6. Like Chad Johnson changed his name.

163. By Ibleedpurple on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Now that It is looking like the season is a wash, when do you begin to start Tjack to give him some experience and see what he’s really capable of if anything…..

164. By 4eversteve on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Please for the love God already, “FIRE CHILDRESS” and make Frazier the head coach for the rest of the year and at least try to salvage some more wins out of this season. This team has to much talent to be under performing the way that they have. The solution is to ” FIRE CHILDRESS ” Zygi you will see the morale and performance of your team pick up and not to mention make the fans happy at the same time !

165. By Derek on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

I think if the Defense could get off the field on 3rd down we’d be fine, but the defense is giving up plays like 3rd and 11. WHY?

166. By larry2 on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Why have’nt the Vikes picked up Al Harris yet?

167. By Hopeful Die-Hard Fan on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

This is my first time doing this. I’ve been a fan since I was 8 yrs old when Fran Tarkenton and the Vikings lost to Franco Harris and the Stealers. Back in the day of the purple people eaters, die hard fans knew who they could count on seeing the next season because of factors such as loyalty and commitment. Boyer, Skoglund and Winter, (not to mention the true fans) would never allow a career Green Bay Packer to come over the line and play for the Vikings.

I know the world has changed along with it’s priorities. My friends ask why I’m still a VIking fan. I tell them I’m not a fair-weather fan or friend. I remain loyal to the hope and spirit of the Vikings I knew in my childhood.
    When I was concerned how much money I would make I got no where in life. When I rearranged my priorities, the money followed.

Play, work, battles…any activity involving more than one person, reflects leadership. The leadership of this team does not stop with Brad Childress either. If I own something and it doesn’t work, I get it fixed. I believe “the team” is worth owning but we need to replace the parts that aren’t working.
    Make this team over. Bring back the days when college men wanted to play for a team because of who they were, not because they were the highest bidder. Rearrange the priorities and the money will follow.

168. By Frederick Jones on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Why haven’t the Vikings picked up Tony Orlando and Dawn?

169. By Frederick Jones on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Those were the days my friend, we thought they’d never end, those were the days, my friend those were the days.

170. By Bruce on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Woodboat, you are right about the receivers not ebing where they are suppose to be and not paying attention to the defenders. They never could walk and chew gum at the same time. BUT STILL, THAT FIELD WAS HORRIBLE and the players were not wearing the right cleats! Their feet were slipping right out from underneath them. Look at that play where Dugan came up 5 pounds of sod attached to the front of his helmet. It was practically a sun visor! I knew right then as a coach myself that the field conditions were horrible and footing was going to be a problem. So after AP slips twice and on one play he falls and results in a pick, I thought Brad would tell his guys to put some longer cleats on. But he didn’t and then when Favre is trying for another comeback victory, Shianco does the EXACT SAME THING AS AP DID and slips and falls and there goes our only chance of tying the game!

4eversteve, at this point Frazier would be the wrong choice. His defense sucks this year. I would go with Bevel just like Dallas did with their offensive cordinator.

I really wish Wilf would promote Bevel this week so we might have a chance at a wildcard spot!

171. By Bruce on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

larry2, Harris signed with the Dolfins

172. By gunner on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

All I can say – has anyone looked at this years draft, if we carry on as we are I sure we will have a top ten pick. I don’t believe that Chilli will be here next season too many mistakes. However look at the last couple of years he has not done to bad. The problem with Sundays game – we only had 1 threat at WR and he was injuried at the start of the second half. This becomes very easy to defend and very hard at QB. How many drop catches extra.

Looking forward who will be the QB at the start of the season 2011 and is there a coach out there who can win us a superbowl?

173. By Bruce on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

I REALLY THINK WE SHOULD TRY SWAPPING OUT OUR TACKLES WITH OUR GUARDS! WE SURE THE H E L L CAN’T LOSE ANYTHING AND HUTCH COULD DO A BETTER JOB ON THE OUTSIDE THAN MCKINNEY COULD! DAME GOES FOR HERRARA SWITCHING WITH LOADHOLT. PUT THOSE BIGGER GUYS ON THE INSIDE!

174. By Frederick Jones on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Bruce, I agree, the Vikings should have worn more appropriate foot gear!

175. By Frederick Jones on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Lies and the Lying Liars who tell them.

176. By Lament on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

This has been a tough season to take. Mostly because we should have and could have won most games. I think Chilli Dog should go… Even if it was for throwing away the owner’s money on Moss and Bonusing Favre to come back. We would have a better team if they spread the wealth around to the linemen. We need faster feet at the QB, I keep seeing stories about how this or that QB saved the day and bought time with their feet. This was a must win and Jackson should at least be given the second half for evaluation. This is the guy who went through camp as the QB, and many practices as 1st QB.

177. By Frederick Jones on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

No more lies.

178. By Frederick Jones on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

No more lies

179. By Frederick Jones on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

No more

180. By Frederick Jones on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

181. By Don from Mississippi on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

I find it hard to believe that the vikes have lost as many games so far this year, I believe it has to do with the play calling and offensive line/secondary/and a defense that aint sacking anything thus making favre wanting to make plays causing turnovers. This id the worst he has been ever just about(favre)The window is almost closed, If they do not win vs the packers it is over with, the vikes have to win out beat the pack and bears then they each have to loose 2 more games each for s tie breaker. If we loose next sunday you might as well start tjack and get ready for next year, you have to it would be stupid not to give your QB the reps to get ready, I like brett alot and switched from the pack to the vikes for that reason only, i hate Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthywith a passion. But you have to be realistic about the future, and if i was the owner thats what i would do.

182. By Frederick Jones on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

It would certainly be interesting to see TJack at QB.

183. By Frederick Jones on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

STOP the lies and the lying liars who tell them.

184. By Alex Collyard on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Hey Mike,

Here’s a very abstract question:

As Vikings fans watch the season look increasingly more and more bleak, it’s easy to see the bad in everything (maybe because there is a lot of it). What can you point to on this team to give us hope going forward? If we are to get this ball rolling, where do you see our strengths at this time?

185. By Frederick Jones on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

There aren’t many people who tell LIES on this blog. Those that do, you need to stop!!!

186. By Mike on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

At this point in time, the Vikings might not win another game this year. What really sucks is that I have tickets to two games yet. I don’t even know if I want to go. Its so depressing to watch them fall apart all the time.

I do know that if Wilf keeps Childress, nothing good will be happening any time soon. Its like where do you start? How many players are going to retire this year? 10 – 15 maybe? The team has no draft picks, thanks to Childress and the team is already one of the highest paid.

Its like they should just move to LA and I be a Lions fan, I’m used to seeing my favorite team lose all the time.

187. By vikeforever on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

I keep reading after losses of how we should get rid of the coach and I am one of them. However I do not understand why its suggested that we promote our coordinators to Head Coach. Bevell has become so predictable in the play calling and when in the red zone we should just kick the field goal or third down. Promote Frazier for defense that shows up when it wants to. If you going to fire the coach get rid of the assistance and clean house. One final note, God forbid if we take out Farve in the red zone to put a more mobile qb to give defenses something to think about…

188. By mike, the lost vike on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

wow, how about those cowboys. Maybe if we made a change last week we may have come out with a big win. what’s the deal with rice, I heard that he wasn’t feeling up to playing. I see other players going out there hurt, why is he different. Rice should of been playing yesterday and used as decoy if he can’t take any hits. Get rid of him if he’s the type of person that’s going to cry about his injuries.

189. By mike, the lost vike on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

fire childress, rotate different qb’s in and get rice on the field. t

190. By Mike on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Here is a plan! Fire Childress, Promote Fraizer, Bench Farve!

Pretty simple plan, I can only gaurantee you that if you do nothing, the results stay the same!!! That’s Business Management 101, Zygi.

191. By Mike West on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Brad,
    Next practice work on getting your front line to protect Favre and open holes for Adrian to run in. Your team needs to be a 60% run and 40% pass to win these games the last few games you started out running good in the 1st quarter then by the middle of the 2nd you get away from it run more and you will be successful.

GO VIKINGS!! behind you no matter what the outcome is.

192. By NCViking on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Did we really pass up on Colt McCoy?

193. By Phil on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

I think it all begins with our O line and D Line. They have done well for several seasons now but have run out of gas maybe?

I think our team is too spoiled! We should go back to the days when our team was extra tough and played outside in the snow.

194. By Donald Spain on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

The Cowboys fired thier choach and see what happend. I say the same will help the vikings. Soon to become the queens if this continues.

195. By rocksalt on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

the vikings cannot play on grass?????WTH?????THIS IS PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL!!!!!!!DID ALL VIKES PLAYERS PLAY ON TURF IH HS….COLLEGE????

196. By alkaline691 on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Just a few questions:
    Is there a lot more holding on our defensive front four or is it just me, how do we go from our top ranked defense with sacks and pressure to almost last, or is it that our players are just not giving their all like last year?
    Is there any interest in getting Al Harris off free agency to try and help our secondary due to us being so injured?
    Why don’t we run our offense with more urgency like at the end of the Cardinals game and also how the Colts do, I think they would be able to put up a lot more points in the first half doing this and also at the same time throw off defenses and letting ours rest to play successfully throughout the game.

197. By Purple Nurple on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

My question: is Chilly pregnant or is it ascites from drinking his angst of wanting to be a real head coach but knowing he doesn’t possess the required skills, away? His belly looked HUGE! Alas, he’s not the only one who has had a belly full.Two words Mr.Childress GET OUT!

198. By TC on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Who is responsible for our lack of success in the run game (2 and 10 all day) and our lack of scoring in the red zone, especially near the goal line? I just feel our team is being very predicable and we need to put our players in a position to be successful other than very predictable.

199. By vikingrob22 on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Mike why not get practice players up when roster is 52???Is it a budget issue?

200. By Jake on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

It was obvious there was little effort by the players. as a season ticket holder I dont know if I want to spend a thousand bucks to drive to the metrodome 5 hours one way to watch them get pummeled by the packers. anyone want to buy some excellent seats to a comedy show? cause the vikes are one big joke!!!!!!THE FANS DESERVE BETTER!!!!!!!!!!

201. By TC on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

I herd Childress say you would like to have all the playmakers on the field… I wonder if he is the only person who thinks Randy Moss isn’t a playmaker, do you think giving up Moss and losing a 3rd round pick for him for only 4 games was worth waiving him and getting nothing and having Berrian, Rice and Harvin on the sidline. Who was in the game at the end? Hank Baskett, Carmello Anthony, and Jamal Lewis? No offensive threat what so ever…

202. By fire childress on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

why did we Pass on Mays and take Cook? Chilly totality tanked the draft. and why did we pass on McCoy?

203. By fire childress on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

will Wilf fire chilly today? the vikings fanbase shrunk by 50 percent already

204. By Steve on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

OK then, if no body else will ask, I will. Who would be the best coach for the Vikings if Childress moves on ? Need some opinions ! A college head coach or a current or former NFL team coach ? Who will be the best man for the job ?

205. By alkaline691 on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Hey steve, I think John Gruden would be a great coach how about you?

206. By Pick 6 on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

They should change the name of the team to the Minnesota Let Downs.Now that as a ring to it.

207. By Jake on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

its obvious I have vested too much personal feelings in the vikings, I guess I should be like the team and be more laxidaisicle and half-@ssed. Its just a game right?…… Maybe the taxpayers should build them a new stadium… that might help!!! I should give my tickets to mckinney so he can be comfy while he watches adrian and favre get pounded.

208. By fire childress on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

is your job on the line since Chilly is getting fired?

209. By Jake on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

@steve- I like “THE TUNA”

210. By vikingsfan4life on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

no there will be no end to chilly until the end of this season, either way the vikings season is “OVER”………..next season they will be called the LA SHOWGIRL”S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

211. By Jake on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

First and ten in the red zone and peterson is on the sidelines? C’mon Man! Dont get me wrong, I think Toby is one of the best aquisitions the vikes made this year, but…….. AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

212. By chad viking on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

FIRE CHILDRESS AND PROMOTE FRAZIER!!!!!!!!!!

213. By vikeforever on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

FIRE CHILDRESS!!!!!!!!!HIre,kidnapp, or hogtie whatever it takes please get Cowher!!!!

214. By kraze k on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Why don’t you answer the real questions the fans want to know about this team? The real true questions about this team.

215. By purplepeople73 on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

What will it take to get the team fired up enough to play with a sense of urgency on every play? Apparently, making hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars a year doesn’t do it. Nor, apparently, does any sense of responsibility to the fan base. Possibly a coaching change may do the trick. Either way, I’ve been a fan since 1973 and would LOVE to know what it feels like to NOT have a season come crashing down in disappointment before the team moves to LA.

216. By Sad Vikings Fan on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

I heard LA is warming up the plane now to pick our Vikings up. Trying to stay upbeat…But it’s hard to do when you have to beat the team your playing, and your head coach.

217. By Robins on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Why didn’t our players have the longer cleats on? They have played there before! It was rediculous! Our players kept falling and couldn’t catch the ball! Why don’t we het Brett make the calls? Why doesn’t our defense stop their guys? Why can’t we protect Brett? He is all beat up because they won’t protect him! What a shame!

218. By Justin on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

As everyone knows, Clay Matthews is someone you don’t want to mess with. What’s the Vikings going to have to do to prepare themselves against this guy on Sunday?

In my opinion, the Vikings are going to be struggling heavily against the Packers, since they’re coming out of a bye and Matthews will be all fresh and ready to go. Considering that Favre is broken down and on the verge of getting seriously injured, there has to be some concern about protecting Favre against someone like Matthews.

219. By xvike on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

I think as long as they keep their eyes on matthews and have someone pick him up, they’ll do fine. They did a good job last game picking up clay matthews. Should b no different this game. He has slowed down about because teams have started to figure out how to stop or at least slow him down.

220. By C'mon vikes on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Why are the coaches not strategizing like our o-line isnt blocking? I’m sooo tired of the play calling….. Spare me and give us a new coach and quarterback…..

221. By Pick 6 on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Move the team to LA,they can be called the LA F@gs, they already have the Purple uniforms. And they play like half a F@G.

222. By Dietzer on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Can we talk Leslie Frazier into letting McKinnie actually rip Clay Matthews’ head off with the facemask penalty he’s going to get anyway since he’s too slow to actually move and block? That will be the only part of the defensive game worth watching if it’s allowed.

223. By Bill on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Yes promote Frazier. he can’t even coach his defence let alone the whole team

224. By Pinebrigade on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Why do they let Childress even do a press conference? He has no clue what’s going on with the team. Waive him. Send Bret to Miami. They looking for a QB. Let’s run w/ Joe Webb and just really make a mockery out of the rest of the season…. Maybe snag Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, or the Arkansas kid. It’ll be nice drafting in the top 5 of the 1st round next spring! :)

225. By TRACIE on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

it is very sad to see what they were last year and what they are this year…I don’t understand how everything can go so bad when we still have the majority of our players from last year.
    they do need to make a change, what that is i am not sure but something has gone drastically wrong with our guys and someone needs to figure it out and get things turned around.

I am a die hard fan all my life and really can’t afford to go the dome, but i do, i spend money on a ticket to see the Vikings play and then I get let down and end up leaving the Dome early because its not even fun. watching my kids play is more fun right now, i don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars to watch them either.

come on guys what is the problem and please fix it, you are better then this.

226. By Pinebrigade on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Frazier isn’t the answer. Only a big name with a ring already on his finger is going to command the respect needed in a locker room with this many big names and egos.

227. By Pick 6 on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

The Vikes started to fall apart at the end of last year.

228. By Pick 6 on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

F it!!!!!!! Take a knee.

229. By matt w on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

TRACIE: that’s the whole problem. The vikings really didn’t do anything to improve the team. They though, oh we were good last year, so having the same players as last year. We should be as good as we were last year. That is very irrigate way of thinking. You always want to make your team better then the previous year. That and the fact they have an incompetent coaching staff are the reasons the vikings suck this year. Other teams went out and did everything they could to improve themselves, we did nothing.

230. By Snoose on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Why do the Vikings blitz so seldom? It certainly is very effective against us. What’s up with the lack of blitzing? Thanks

231. By MissisipHick on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Hloe Bob. Seems to me the Vikings suck more since Favor joined the team. I think the Vikes are just a quarterback and a coaching staff away from being a contender. What is your opinion?

232. By Steve L on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Hey Childress haven’t you got the hint yet? Retire or Step Down you suck as a head coach just look at this years record. Zygi Wilf should have Fired you earlier this season He should fire you right now. Losing to the Bears by 14 points what the heck were you thinking Sunday When playing Chicago?
    I SAY FIRE CHILDRESS We need some decent coach to help the Vikings win Games Childress sure can’t do the job. Look at his win loss record this season.
    I’m very disappointed in the Vikings Head Coach this year and i am a die hard Vikings Fan.

233. By fabian on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

MY QUESTION IS THIS, I AM A FAN OF THE VIKINGS FROM MEXICO AND I GET A LOT OF SADNESS THAT HAS THESE HEIGHTS AND EXPECTATIONS THAT MANY MANY PEOPLE THEY PUT FANS IN THE HEART OF WHAT WE WILL NOT PAY A FORWARD AS THE COACHES AND PLAYERS TO FOLLOW IN THE COUNTRY THAT DOES NOT EXIST OR HUNGRY HEART OF THE TRIUMPH OF THE SQUAD ARE MOST OF THE PLAYERS ARE PROVIDED BUT THE COACH HAS NO PERSONALITY IN THE FIELD I TRAIN CHILDREN 6 TO 8 YEARS IN THE FLAG AND WIN 30 ONLY LOST ONE GAME IS NOT ME AND MY SATISFACTION paid SEE MORE WIN TO CHILDREN AND THE JOY THAT TEACH TRAINING OF RESULTS IN THE WORK OF THE ORGANIZATION AND VICTORIES THIS IS FLAWED AS RANDY MOSS FOR ANYTHING BUT COACH fired him SHOULD BEGIN ON FILE BY THE WAIVER BECAUSE YOUR LEADERSHIP AND PRESENTS NO waning interest in the TEAM IN THE SECURITIES OF A PERSON WHO IS THE TRAINING BASES OF AMERICAN FUT BOL HAS NO HONESTY IS THE SAME WITH THE KNOWLEDGE THAT THE BOAT WAS HAND AND NOW THERE IS A LEADER, I HOPE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE COACH GETTING YOUR INABILITY TO FORWARD THE TEAM WAS NOT RANDY MOSS IS THE SAME.

UP THE VIKINGS AND THE BEST FANS TO HAVE SUCH GREAT PLAYERS LEAVING EVERYTHING IN THE FIELD.

234. By rragga on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

chilly has got to be the greatest ever! to have what is considered a super bowl team. to have a 3-6 record , lose every away game for over a year, to have a total fan base against you, to trade a 3rd rounder for a star/popular player knowing that he is at the least opinionated to then let go of him after a month for being a distraction,going against team policies,demanding to the owner that either he goes or I go.leaving the team totally depleted at wr,to openly criticize players, to openly continuously lie to a team, fans, and media ,after yrs not being able to develop or draft a qb to the point that a 41 yr old with a broken ankle, tendonitus, sore shoulder, with every team turnover except 2 for the season is your only option. To have players openly comment towards their dislike towards him,to have his coaching staff questioning his decisions and to be safe as the Head coach is amazing! how do you do that?

235. By Bill Small on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus, and yes, Virginia, our Vikings are gonna win 7 straight games and make the playoffs. Then 7 come 11. Super Bowl Champs. Run the table. We’ll call it Miracle on 34th Street. How’s that for positive thinking Mike? Teams have won 11 games in a row before. It can be done.

236. By Hilary on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Perhaps this is speculation and you can’t comment Mike, but I get the feeling that Sidney Rice may not play this year because he is holding out for a contract extension and will decide not to play and risk injuring himself again for a team that is down and out and not willing to hold onto him. Any movement on the Sidney Rice front? How about Berrian’s injury?

237. By Hilary on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

I personally don’t think Childress is the problem. Let’s go after Vick for next season. If I see one person touting McNabb I’m going to give up. Going after an older player worked for one year and then we are seeing what happens after that.

238. By Herbert L. "Tank" Lynch Jr. on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

What has happened? Last year the Vikings played so good with Brett at the helm, but ever since the “Heart Break” at New Orleans last Jan. our Vikings has gone down hill fast. The offenceive line is not giveing Brett no time in the pocket, therefore all the interceptions. The defenceive secondary, well they need help, I know they’re young. And why oh why did the coaching staff bring Randy Moss back? Was the G.M. and Brade Childers that desperate? Is it time to make a change? Like a new Head Coach?

239. By viking pete on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

I KNOW YOU DONT WANT TO ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PLAY CALLING BUT I HAVE TO ASK ANYWAY IN THE FIRST QUARTER OF THE GAME WE SEEMED TO BE MOVING THE BALL FAIRLY WELL BECAUSE WE WERE NOT PREDICTABLE WE THREW ON FIRST DOWN AND SECOND AND MOVED DOWN THE FEILD THE SECOND HALF ESPECIALLY WHEN WE WERE STILL IN THE GAME WE RAN ON FIRST AND SECOND AND THREW ON THIRD WHEN AND COULD NOT CONVERT BECAUSE WE BECAME PREDICTABLE AGAIN JUST LIKE ALL SEASON. WE GOT OUT COACHED BY LOVIE ONE OF THE WORST COACHES IN THE NFL WHEN THEY NEEDED TO GET A FIRST DOWN WE THOUGHT FOR SURE THEY WER RUNNING INSTEAD THEY THROW FOR A TOUCH DOWN DIDNT ANY ONE THINK THAT THEY MIGHT THROW?????

240. By viking pete on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

WE HAVE THE BEST RUNNING BACK IN THE NFL AND HE HARDLY GETS THE BALL AND WHEN HE DOES CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG ITS ALWAYS THE SAME OLD FEW PLAYS OR AM I MISSING SOMETHING WHATS UP WITH THE LAST FEW GAMES PETERSON IS ON THE SIDELINE FOR HOLE SEIRIES AT A TIME EVEN WHEN WE ARE ON THE GOAL LINE DO YOU THINK ANDYONE IS SCARED OF TOBY RUNNING IT IN DONT THINK SO WHO DO THEY THINK HE IS CHESTER TAYLOR. WHEN WE BEAT ARIZONA LAST WEEK WAS FARVE CALLING THE PLAYS AT THE END OF THE GAME IN THE 4 MINUTE DRILL BECAUSE SOMETHINK WAS DIFFERENT

241. By mike on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

ZIggy When are you going to Clean House? your giving the Vikes of Old a Pie in the Face.

an old vikes fan until Red bought the team. and ur Not helping me want too Be a Fan anytime soon……

242. By fire childress on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

WHY DIDN’T WE GET RID OF CHILLY LAST WEEK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK HOW GOOD DALLAS IS WITH A NEW COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY DO WE HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL WE GET ELIMINATED FROM THE PLAYOFFS TO GET A NEW COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

243. By mc hondo on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

My wife and I were wondering what was on the stocking cap design that the Vikings were wearing on the sidelines. MC Hondo

244. By barry on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

from canada comming down for the game on the 21st against greenbay. want to see what tailgating is all about, it is me and my two sons they are both drinking age

245. By Conner on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

To more knowledgeable fans and players on defense. I too wonder why we don’t disguise the blitz better and blitz more often. Is it because we’re vulnerable personnel wise for the big play? The four down linemen are not getting off the ball as well as past seasons? Or both???

246. By Donald Spain on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

No new stadium for the minnesota queens. They have not won the big one. I did not like the dome when the state paid for it! The old stadium was good for the old Vikings.( Fran and the boys) Now they want a stadiiun like the old met. with a roof on it. We old fans wnated that in the beginning. ( the met. with a roof on it! Now the boys are spoiled because of the dome! Do you think that domes have taken the tuffness out of football? Should we go to flag football for all the queens out there?

247. By Pete from Philly on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

Mike , what are the chances , with the season hanging from a thread …. do the vikings pull all stops and play like a desperate team … wild-cat with webb or Tjack on third and short … on side kick because the D isn’t going to get the pressure it needs to make the stop , for the love of ___ take some chances , not the ones everyone in the world knows your going to do …. I am ready to give up this year and pull for the eagles …. but my heart bleeds purple !

248. By Observerfan on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

Why no Blitzing???….Why No Protection for the Quarterback????….Why no holes for AP to run through????……Why are the Safeties so slow????….Why????
    Why??????????

249. By hippster on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

HEY BRAD how does a 500 coach like you keep his job ? is it going to take a 59 to 21 blow out at home to get you FIRERD .you have made so many lame ass calls ,that I can hardly believe you’ve ever coached anything but peewee league.this can only be explained one way , you and management want out of Minn because you haven’t got a new stadium.your a traitor to the purple and yellow.you should quit before you turn this team into the laughingstock of the league I dont live in MINN but have got to watch all but one game this year.now ill be lucky to see one a year thanks to you.if greenbay wins on sunday and your still standing something going to smell real bad just like play calling

250. By Purpleface on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

Whether anyone agrees or not, our season is done. We have way too many factors affecting this team, and they will all not get rectified anytime soon. The O-line can’t pass block, QB can’t help the O-line cause he can’t move, and continues to try and make plays, but, in turn makes things worst. The defense, well can’t stop anyone because there is no pass rush. My point is, it is time to make changes, start T. Jackson, I bet if he would have started all the games we would still have a 3 – 6 record, need a coaching change, need receivers, help on the o -line, especially McKinnie! OH MY!

251. By Justin on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

Do you believe that Childress should be harder on players at practices? for example wade gets fired and the next coach steps in and runs strict practices and the team looks amazing….We have an amazing team this year but nothing is connecting ….defense is not looking as great..including pass rushing and run stopping..brett is not getting enough protection in return he is getting sacked, hit hard, as well as turning the ball over. And my most important question is why are we throwing the ball more in the beginning of the game and not running with peterson. This kid is one of the greatest running backs i’ve ever seen and i just dont think he gets enough touches. And with that we could run more play actions and brett can throw the ball deep (which i have barely seen this year).

252. By rocksalt on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

Brad-
    Do you think Global Warming has had an impact on this team?

253. By Denise on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

Brett has gotten hit more this season then all of last year including the Saints game. Way too many times every game and it absolutely is taking a tolll. Why has this not been fixed?? I so look forward to the games and it gets so hard to watch after a while. But I will tune in, cheer them on and hope for the best !!

254. By vlad19 on Nov 17, 2010 | Reply

This was entertaining read…. Little silly asking frustrated fans to script “politically correct” questions though…. what do you really think is on their minds, Mike W? Me? You want a measure of BAD coaching? Loka t our WR… Rice waits till season starts to have surgery… Berrian is a charity worker, NOT a wide receiver…. GREG Lewis is a pratice squad guy at best, but like Bobby Wade, Bethel Johnson, Todd Pinkston, Hank Baskett, Chilly goes and gets these louts and cast-offs to show what a great coach he is….. “I saw real talent in the kid…” BANKING on odds that he will be right at least ONCE before his career is over…. Unfortuantely he is wrong far too often, but he is still trying!

255. By vlad19 on Nov 17, 2010 | Reply

Jeff Dugan? Jim Klodhopper? mufoao Tahi???? Can you really stock a roster with a “blocking specialist” when our offense lacks punch and our defense lacks heart???? Quit wasting roster space! While you are at it, LOSe those hunks of granite at tackles, immobile AND lazy is bad combination for tackle in NFL….. Never thought I would see it, but the Vikes are the “easy game” as guys look forward to playing US now…. How does that feel Jared Pantywaist? get you mad? Yea, right!

256. By monsters of the midway on Nov 17, 2010 | Reply

bears fan here, everybody in Chicago just loves Chilly, he’s going to hand us the nfc North crown on a platter. we hope Chilly doesn’t get fired until the end of the year. we don’t care after that because the queens will be moving to LA, so we have it pretty easy without the Queens in the north anymore. too bad you queen fans are too cheap to build a stadium. we will miss you viqueens. NOT!!!!!!!!

257. By Michael Vannett on Nov 17, 2010 | Reply

Not only do the vikings need to fire childress but they need to cut ties with pat williams he is done and for jared allen the most over ratted de in the league if you pay attention all of his sacks came last year to backup lineman when ever he -layed a lineman of decent caliber he was shut down I would trade allen kevin williams is the only thing we have on the d liine as for offense it is all childress who wants to run the ball we didnt do it last year so why this year what an idiot we needed to open it up and then run the ball with a comfortable lead childress can thank spielman for ptting together an outstanding team fire childress and lets see if tony dungy would come back to mn that would be my plan i think he would and get rid of our left tackle i mean come on who goes to a probowl and dont show up he is garbage anyway sullivan is another joke are you kidding me he gets blown up by every nose tackle pushing him 4 or yards deep in the back field next year we need a good draft and to see whats available in free agency 1 corner 1 d tackle and 1 o tackle and i think we will be just as good

258. By Stoney on Nov 17, 2010 | Reply

Does it matter any more?

2. Nov 14, 2010: Submit Your Monday Morning Mailbag Questions | Vikings Stop Blog