While we’re waiting for head coach Brad Childress to meet with reporters for the final time this week in advance of the Bears game and while we’re also waiting word on the status of Percy Harvin and Sidney Rice, let’s get through some easy reading. Here are a few fun facts for Friday morning…
– The Vikings and Bears will play for the 99th time in their series history on Sunday. The Vikings lead the all-time series with the Bears 52-44-2.
– Minnesota is 4-4 vs. the Bears since Brad Childress took over the team in 2006. The Bears swept the ’06 season. The Vikings bounced back and swept the ’07 series. The two teams split in 2008 and 2009, each winning their home games.
– Former Vikings Head Coach Mike Tice is currently the Bears OL coach.
– Childress is from Aurora, IL, attended college at the University of Illinois and Eastern Illinois, and coached at the University
of Illinois. Vikings DT Fred Evans is from Chicago and attended Morgan Park High. Vikings special teams coordinator Brian Murphy is from Elmwood Park, IL.
– Vikings assistant head coach/defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier played CB for the Bears from 1981-85 and was a starter on their 1985 Super Bowl team.
– The Vikings win last week snapped a 4-game overtime losing streak and improved the team’s record to 17-3 in their last 20 games at Mall of America Field (2008-10).
– The Vikings-Cardinals game was the 3rd straight game in which the Vikings tallied over 400 yards of offense (10/24 at GB – 402, 10/31 at NE – 410, 11/7 vs. ARI -507).
– WR Percy Harvin ranks 2nd in the NFL with 1,228 combined net yards in 2010.
Tags: Fred Evans, Leslie Frazier, Percy Harvin, Sidney Rice
Posted in All, Mike Wobschall | 53 Comments »