Vote For Favre As FedEx Air Player Of The Week On NFL.com

Posted by Ryan Cardinal on November 9, 2010 – 1:35 pm

Make sure to click over to NFL.com to cast your vote for Vikings QB Brett Favre as the FedEx Air Player of the Week for his performance in last Sunday’s come-from-behind win over the Arizona Cardinals.

Favre completed 36 of 47 passes for a career-high 446 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions in the Vikings’ 27-24 overtime win.

To vote for Favre, click here.

Posted in All | 193 Comments »

193 Responses to “Vote For Favre As FedEx Air Player Of The Week On NFL.com”

1. By Robins on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

I did vote many times! I have been watching Brett for 20 magnificent years and he just keeps on being incredible! He is the only one that at age 41 and with so many injuries could have pulled it off on Sunday! I have never seen anyone fight so hard for his team! When he is so great, it is infectious and the whole team seems to step up and play at their best! It reminded me of last year! Everyone stepped up and won magnificently! Congrats to the whole Vikings team! You deserved this win. There were no bad calls to steal this one away form you! Celebrate!

2. By Frederick Jones on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Even Guy Chamberlain, the all-time leader in win percentage (and a winner of 4 NFL championships), finished with a losing season. He was 3-7-1 at the advanced age of 33. He retired in the Hall of Fame.

3. By Frederick Jones on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

John Madden, George Allen, and Vince Lombardi are the only coaches to retire without having a losing season.

4. By PurpleParody on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

^No completely ignorant decisions by the head coach either. 3 times we hve lost games where BC made the wrong choice before the end of the first half. The first against the Dolphins was going for it on 4th down in field goal range in the 1st quarter. The second was against the Jets, where the team was moving down field at the end of the half, but he decided to stop trying at 1st and 10 from around 60-yards out with over a minute to play in the 1st half. Finally against the Patriots, again inside the 2-minute warning of the 1st half, where he opted to go for it on 4th-down even though a field goal was a 98% certainty.

In the games against Miami and New England, the difference of the game was 4-points, meaning we had to push for a TD in the final seconds while we were already in position to win with a field-goal, if we had taken the points earlier.

In the game against the Jets, we were driving inside of 2-minutes for the come from behind victory, down by 2 points when and gave up a pick-6 in a situation where we would have otherwise been just trying to run the clock out if we had been so bold to drive for the points at the half. Even if we had just gotten a field goal heading into the half, and Favre STILL threw the pick-6 we’d still have had a chance to come back and win the game with a minute left.

Now fast forward to this week. Towards the end of the 2nd half, 4th and short on about the 3 yard line and Childress finally decides to take the points. Wouldn’t you know it, it was just enough to send us into overtime after the 2-TD drive at the end of the game, and then secure the win.

The lesson? ALWAYS TAKE THE FIELD GOAL AND TRY TO SCORE WHEN YOU CAN IN THE FIRST HALF! Save those types of desperation, or give-up decisions for the end of the 4th quarter, when the outcome of the game is clearly pivoting on making those types of play-calls.

5. By PurpleParody on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Fred (and BS&S if you come around), please stop trying to defend Chilly for having a losing record, unless you can back it up with proof that these other coaches also had nearly half of their starters (in the losing seasons) selected to the pro-bowl in the preceding year. That fact is what is proving to the Minnesota fan-base that Childress needs to be fired. I would be surprised to learn that these coaches had so many proven players on their team while they lost and still kept their jobs.

Childress had 2 losing seasons to start out with MN, but that didn’t bug me because I knew that we were still building talent within the team. Now we have so much talent on the team that the QB who used to be our biggest rival came out of retirement twice for the chance to be a part of it. I would bet that there are plenty of potential head-coaches out there as well who would be drooling at the possibility to lead these superstars because they know that they are capable of so much more than they have achieved this year.

6. By Frederick Jones on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

PurpleParody—We should have kicked a field goal in those situations. Bill Belichick is among those coaches who have elected to go for it in those situations. Remember when the Cowboys coach Barry Switzer elected to go for it on 4th down TWICE in a row (the second time after a penalty, even though they didn’t even make it on their first try?) And both those coaches won Super Bowls! I’m sure if we checked back we could find many more situations where coaches did that, and made it. Thank you for playing it all out, you must be a fast typist.

7. By Frederick Jones on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

PurpleParody–There have been plenty of times when the Vikings have had between 6 – 11 Pro Bowlers, and have struggled the next season. 11 people in the pro bowl does not make a team. You have to have 22 starters, plus a heck of alot of reserves/special teamers/etc. to win in the NFL. Every team has talent. The Vikings were 12-4 last year, they may have lost their hunger. They will not have 8 pro bowler this year, unless they make the playoffs this year. Even then it’s unlikely.

8. By Frederick Jones on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

The Vikings may have lost their hunger after finishing 12-4 last year. That happens to alot of teams every season.

9. By Frederick Jones on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

The CARDINALS SINCE 1961: 50 years, 19 Head Coaches, 6 playoff teams—–Vikings since 1961: 50 years, 7 Head Coaches, 26 playoff teams

10. By Frederick Jones on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

The Vikings are a model organization with the 4th best winning percentage since the afl-nfl merger. The Cardinals, change coaches frequently, and as a result are one of the worst franchises in any major sport.

11. By Frederick Jones on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

On ESPN, TODAY, they stated that of the last 7 or so mid-season coaching changes, 5 of those coaches had a worse winning pct. that year than the coach he replaced. (or something like that, no time to write it down)

12. By Frederick Jones on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

You may not like me, and that’s okay, but you cannot ignore the facts when they are right in your face!

13. By Frederick Jones on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

People seem to forget that it was Childress that went down to Hattiesburg two years ago, and dragged Brett Favre up to Minnesota. What would have happened if he had not done that?

14. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Frederick,great. We barely beat (in overtime), one of the worst franchises in any major sport. (your words).

15. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Put helmets on the L.A. Clippers, I bet we could beat them in regulation time!

16. By gorvike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

hey parady–8-8 is not a losing record, get your facts straight

17. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Frederick,we would absolutely DESTROY the Pittsburgh Pirates!

18. By PurpleParody on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Fred – If you have a better way of proving that these other coaches were losing with tons of proven talent I’d love to hear it, this was just the best way I could think of.

If you can’t provide me with this kind of proof, please don’t act like a politician by dodging the direct answer. Just man up and admit that I have a case. It’s only one of the arguments against Chilly’s quality as a coach.

Those other times we had with the proven talent and subpar years following, who were the coaches and how much of that talent returned the following year?

The fact is that we HAVE 22 good starters (all of them except the replacements for Rice and Griffin are returners from last year, or improvements upon the returners) and many good reserves, and we are still losing games.

19. By PurpleParody on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Fred – Without Favre (or Harvin and Rice hadn’t come into his own yet for that matter) we had a pretty good season. We still won the division and the man who WOULD have been the QB was showing some promise even though Chilly lost his backbone and pulled him after the entire team underperformed in the first 2 games.

Chances are Jackson wouldn’t have had as amazing a record as Favre did, but I doubt that he would have been so much worse to have changed the fact that this team won the division again. And it would have come down to the fact that we still didn’t (most likely scenario) go the Super Bowl. But then he would at least have 1 more year of experience under his belt to improve him for this year.

20. By PurpleParody on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

gorvike – It’s not a winning record either. I was basing it off of a statement that Fred (since he was the person I was talking to) made earlier where he considered 8-8 a losing record.

21. By PurpleParody on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

**One might even go so far as to say that a losing season is one where the team doesn’t make the playoffs, since that is the actual goal of the regular season. But if that were the case, then Brad still has 2 losing seasons to start his career, 2 winning seasons following, and what looks to be a losing season coming up.

22. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Frederick, it seems to me that even the Cardinals have gotten better recently, even a SB appearance. Do you think CHANGING COACHES had anything to do with it?

23. By purplehaze on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

its simple, brad goes 9-7 or better and he probably stays; even at 8-8 he will be gone…

24. By UncleFester on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

The sad fact is TJ will never figure it out,even though i think he has the physical tools; he might work out better as a reciever.However it won’t matter ;if we dont get it together; how long before our D-line starts getting too old .Williams boys (Pat) are far from rookies .

25. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Frederick, Childress just said that all true Viking fans should jump in front of a train. Would you leave me your computer?

26. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Here’s to winnig percentages and robotic statistics…….

Phillips’ .605 winning percentage is tied for second-best among the seven Dallas Cowboys coaches. Only Barry Switzer (.650) had a better percentage and Phillips was tied with coaching legend Tom Landry.

27. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Frederick is a computer………he is not a human being……..he is a program created by a techno-geek hired by Childress…….

28. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

The Vikngs are model orginization……….. the Herschel walker horse trade, Sex Boat scandal, whizzinator, Tice scalping ticket fiasco, Favre extended drama, Moss debacle………

29. By Frederick Jones on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Nova, First you say the Cards are the worst team in football, then later you say they improved under a new coach. Make up your mind.

30. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Nova-The computer wants an answer!

31. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Other than all that, a model organization!!!!

32. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

No Fred, get your facts straight, You called the Cards one of the worst teams in all of sports.

33. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Nova-
    Do not confuse the computer……..

34. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

where’s my frikkin abacus!

35. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

I then said one of sports worst teams (your words) took us to overtime. I then said that even they have improved recently, maybe because they got A NEW COACH!

36. By Frederick Jones on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

PURPLE PARODY, I already thanked you for your blog about all the missed 4th downs.

37. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Nova-
    How ya doin’ buddy?

38. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

RockSalt, let me know when the next inbound train for Minny is expected?

39. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Let just take Brad-O a huntin……..I have a brown jumpsuit fer him…..an we kin safety pin a white kercheif ta his backside……

40. By Frederick Jones on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

I am 300 facts ahead of the NAYSAYERS.

41. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

So sayeth the computer!

42. By Frederick Jones on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

The NAYSAYERS twist the facts around to suit their needs, without even doing the work to do things right.

43. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

I am great my friend, getting a little tired of being misquoted by stat freaks, why doesn’t Dallas celebrate Barry Switzer Day?

44. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

John Madden knew my dad before he moved. Madden grew up in Southern Minnesota

45. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Did y’all just hear that ol Fred called us Naysayers………I do believe them’s a fightin’ words……..

46. By larry2 on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

This is a video of every td Favre threw last year in the regular season.

47. By Frederick Jones on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

I do not feel the need to answer any of your questions. I am so far ahead on the facts it’s not funny. Do some work, read, talk to coaches, etc. Anyone can say FIRE DA COACH over and over again.

48. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

A Naysayer? Now that’s hitting below the belt!

49. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Fred- didn’t ya get nuf of ol Rocksal fer yer likin las nite?

50. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

RockSalt, our friend says he “is so far ahead on the facts it’s not funny”. I agree, it’s not funny at all!

51. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

I’m starting to think Fred’s best traits ran down his mother’s leg.

52. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Fr ed- y’all been talkin ta co aches…..co aches from my time b eat up on n erdy pro tractor in the p ocket types……y’all best go on b ack ta ciph erin an the likes…..leav e ol e foo tball ta the boy s now……G IT…….

53. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

run on home now ya lil n erdy t ype

54. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

gettin blocked

55. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Fred is so far ahead he is actually behind……

56. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

I know……..a tautology……….

57. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Truer words were never spoken. Fred, you said you were around 20. That means I’ve watched this team for 22 years before you were born. I’ve seen all the coaches come and go. I don’t need a bunch of stats to recognize a brutal coach!

58. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Fred- aint nuthin funny ’bout you ,boy……

59. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Brutally below average…..

60. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

shoot fred- I have tee shirts older tha y’all……

61. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

have an ole housecat dang near old as you, boy……..

62. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

I don’t think he’s going to leave me his computer.

63. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Fred! Ya there boy?

64. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

I thikn we scared him off , Nova…..

65. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

In N.S., if you spout stats like that at the age of 20, we send you to the Yukon in a box marked “polar bear food”.

66. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

He will be back, armed to the teeth with more useless stats.

67. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Either my computer is slowing down, or this blog doesn’t like me anymore. Just when things were getting interesting!

68. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

I know man…….but we are the only ones…..fred was sent packin…….

69. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Nova-
    I am outta here……Now Fred and insane will come back………..seeya buddy

70. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

lets build a statue of Chilly and see how long it stays in one piece

71. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Probably checking the Cowboy press book to find out when Texas celebrates ” Barry Switzer Day”

72. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

one last quip-
    I hope we didn’t scare the little feller too badly……

73. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Take care RS!

74. By Gary of ClovisNM on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Not to change the subject, but when will I see the Gophers win again? shouldn’t that coach get the axe?

75. By taser brad on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Brett, if you are so tired, take some rest in the 3rd quarter and let Jackson take some snaps. I cannot help but think we could advance if Favre, Harvin, and the D could all be healthy. Adrian for President.

76. By Dawnwisconsin on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

FRED..WHERE’S BARNEY?? YOU SOUND LIKE YOUR FROM STONE AGE!
    I HAVE BEEN READING ALL THE BLOGS THE LAST 2 WEEKS AND NOBODY NOT ONE PERSON AGREES WITH YOUR COMMENTS..JUST LIKE CHILDRESS NO ONE AGREES WITH HIS PLAYS. DO YOU WORK??ARE YOU A FREELOADER?? DO YOU EVEN HAVE ALIFE?? I THINK YOU ARE REAL SICK..
    I CAN DIAGNOSE YOU RIGHT OVER THE INTERNET..ITS CALLED DIAHERRA OF THE MOUTH. WHEN CHILDRESS IS LET GO..PLEASE DO US ALL A FAVOR AND GO WITH HIM. YOUR JUST AS MUCH AND IDIOT AS THE COACH..

77. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Wow, Dawn, those are real nice comments. Are you sick? I have never read a post by Fred that was demeaning of other bloggers. What is with your comments? Seriously, why so much hate? There are reasons Childress is a coach and just because a few bloggers refuse to MOO and run with the herd, there is no need to get angry. Lashing out is a sign of immaturity and an inability to properly articulate one’s position. Please re-read your post carefully and think about who would write such vile comments to a stranger who merely expresses his ideas. I hope, if you have children, that they do not see their mother treating a stranger in this way. Do you have any beliefs or convictions you live by? That was no way, dear lady, to write to someone you do not know.

78. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Dawnwisconsin,you are dead on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

79. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Polar bears have to eat, too!

80. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Folks- Be sane and Frederick are at least 300 steps beyond all of us short-sighted, uneducated buffoons…….

81. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

BTW I am back-Had to go out and replenish my bourbon supply…….

82. By Paul on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Im voting for Jen Sterger for the fed-x award.

83. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

I hope you have stats to back that up, RockSalt!

84. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Nova-
    Boubon-1
    Rocksalt-0
    But it is only the 1st qtr……..I have a game plan……..

85. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

How about Sterger for HC?

86. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

it seems I scared the little fellers off agiain……..they just don’t wanna play……..

87. By Robins on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

What is wrong with you people? Brett and our team just had a magnificent comeback and you guys are putting each other down! Be positive and enjoy the win! Our whole team worked well together like last year and no refs gave the game to the other team! If we had good refs with good calls, our Vikings would have more wins! They fought hard! Thank you Vikings!

88. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

You are indeed a foul bully. Have to go grab something to eat, man cannot live on rum alone.

89. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

sniffle….I’m sorry……

90. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

c’mon back little fellers……..

91. By rocksalt on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Robins-
    NFC Championship game- Brett took some CHEAP LATE HITS that were ignored by the refs……..

92. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Time to restore some sanity. BE SANE is in the HOUSE!
    Rocksalt, nice to see you agreeing with Robins. Be a good rocksalt and continue to play nice. NovaScotia, do your parents know you are sneaking rum?

93. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Been sneaking it for 32 years,BSAS

94. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Wouldn’t the question of rum sneaking be better suited for your young friend Fred?

95. By TW VIKE on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

BOBBIN ROBIN- If our team played half-a$$ decent,you would not be B!TCH!NG about refs. Turn-overs kill!! Our head coach is SPINE-LESS. FIRE BRAD NOW!!!!

96. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

I think Fred is not 20– that was some misunderstanding on the blog the other day– as you recall he said he watched when Bud Grant was coach.

97. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

think about it. a name like Fred was popular in the 30’s through the late 50’s

98. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

that is true. we would be 7-1 with a coach like Brian B.

99. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

i wonder if Brett promised Jen Sterger the fed-ex award if he wins it

100. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Firechild, there is life.

101. By PurpleParody on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

BS&S – you really think those comments will restore sanity? You’re delirious. In fact, you’re an oximoron of your own user name.

102. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

i know everyone thinks Brett is retiring next year, but i think he will come back for another year

103. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

question is, would he play for the LA vikings?

104. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

PurpleParody– oxYmoron– careful handling such big words, and please look them up to spell them correctly.

105. By Conner on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

If our defense is to play to it’s strengths, we have to have a lead late in the game, so they can rush the QB. When we’re behind our opponents can use a balanced attack that is slowing down the rush. I don’t care who the coach is, WE MUST TAKE THE POINTS EVERY CHANCE WE GET EARLY IN THE GAME!

106. By ben on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

i was at the dome sunday and first of all what a great win, second the fire childress chants and signs was embarrassing ! These viking fans that always blame Childress obviously don’t know football… has he made mistakes? who hasn’t ? but the previous failures of this football team aren’t all on the head coach.. He is a good coach so give him a break and grow up

107. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

yeah, that means no more going for it on 4th an 2 chilly !!!!!!!!!!

108. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

AMEN BEN!! SOME MORE SANITY– it is contagious!
    Childress has a winning record– fact. Period. End of discussion.
    And, Ben, what will happen when Chilly leads us to a Superbowl– where will all the signs be then? Herd mentality. Can you say MOO?

109. By PurpleParody on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

BS – Is that the best you have? Challenging me on a mistaken spelling? You had better keep on your guard now, or I’ll call you out for being a hypocrite as well.

110. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Palm trees will grow in Duluth in Feb. after Chili leads us to the S.B.

111. By ben on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

I think i’ll wear my HIRE CHILDRESS shirt to the packer game

112. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Lets hope the Packers take you up on that!

113. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

What, are the Ghermezians building another mall, in Duluth, with Palm trees? Awesome.

114. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Please Ben, don’t give the Packers any ideas. Last thing we need is for them to hire Childress and win the division two consecutive years after only two years– OOPS, was already done. Great job Childress. Good coach, no debate there.

115. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

BSAS, lots of debate there.

116. By ben on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

remember when childress threw across his body and got picked by NO… oh wait that was favre FIRE FAVRE, or didn’t pick up the blitz or fumbled alot oh that was peterson FIRE PETERSON …. think were going to run out of players ..

117. By PurpleParody on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

BS – Are you that asinine? Simply because you refuse to consider the chance for a debate does not make it impossible to exist. If you’re here only to cause trouble, then by all means stay with your self-righteous track of not considering anyone else’s position to have any merit. But if you want to come across as intelligent, you would be better served to consider all the arguments against you.

My main argument against your last post is that a person’s past success does not speak for his current value. Look at how his team is doing currently and tell me how that justifies that he is still a good coach.

118. By PurpleParody on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

ben – those all put together point at a lack of coaching ability. So thank you for pointing them out. It is the coach who needs to remedy the problems that his players are exhibiting. The fact that so many players are exhibiting problems that are not improving becomes one more reason for why Childress is not nearly as good of a coach as some of you are trying to argue.

119. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Remember when Chili just had to take a cheap shot at his Hall-of fame quarterback who had just led his team to a must-win overtime victory?

120. By ben on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

so purple pardoy should jeff fischer be a coach, he has as many rings as childress and has been a head coach since 94 !!!

121. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

But that was a long time ago—–Sunday

122. By ben on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

purple parody its childress lack of coaching that favre throws picks !!!! come on your reaching now

123. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

chilly better buy some suntan lotion for his head, might get a sunbun in southern CA

124. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Randy will see that the drought continues there!

125. By PurpleParody on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

ben – I don’t know nearly enough about the Titans to give a valid opinion on that. There is much more to being a good head coach than adding rings to your fingers, and Childress is showing that he is lacking in many of these other areas.

126. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

I’ll take a Fischer for Childress trade anyday.

127. By ben on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

purple parody what else is there to being a coach then trying to get championships. .. up until this year childress has improved this team every year .. alot of variables go in to every season and to say the vikings are in the hole there in is all because childress is the worst coach ever is idiotic

128. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

The reason Fischer is so valuable is that he takes an average team every year and makes them overachieve, Brad takes a Superbowl-quality team and allows them to underachieve.

129. By PurpleParody on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

ben – It is Chilly’s lack of coaching ability that Favre is throwing picks and that he hasn’t found a solution to it, yes. With as bad as #4 has played in many games he should have been replaced numerous times. With as bad as the OLine has protected Favre, Chilly should have been able to find a solution to that as well. And let’s not forget that so many of the plays that are INTs are ones that #4 is waiting a long time for players to get open, which points either to the problem of the receivers not fighting hard enough to get open (coaching motivation) or plays that simply take too long to develop. I very rarely see quick pass plays, which in most situations when the QB is blitzed as hard as Favre has been, would provide more success than the long drawn out ones that the coach is calling.

130. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Purpleparody, do you believe asking if I am asinine reflects your critical thinking skills or does it brilliantly display animosity toward a different paradigm than your own? How ironic, your claim of my self-righteous attitude, when in fact, I am in a minority on the blog– where is your logic that I am not considering your claims? I cannot help but listen to them. However, and here is where the real irony is exposed, the viewpoint that I and the minority express is routinely debated with vile, immature comments that belong on the playground. If, sir, you wish for reasonable debate and your points to be considered, then consider your opponents. Quite frankly, the truth is in your own mirror.

131. By ben on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

So if it’s chillys fault favre throws picks then it should be because of him favre only threw 7 last year

132. By PurpleParody on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

ben – All but one loss this year has been closely fought, coming down to a difference of 4-points until inside the 2 minute warning. Many of those 4-point differences were based partially on the fact that Childress has made poor decisions on how he wants to score, opting to keep on going towards the TD on 4th-downs, giving up at the end of the half, not knowing when to throw the flag and when not to, and poor, predictable playcalling overall. Better decisions on the field, and better player management off the field would make a huge difference in all of our games this year.

133. By ben on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Favre had his best year while being coached by who ? anyone? ??? CHILDRESS i and isn’t peterson coached by childress, i think i remember peterson running for a single game NFL record

134. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

12 men in the huddle AFTER A TIME_OUT????????????

135. By PurpleParody on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

BS&S – There was another great job of completely dodging the relevant issue. Why not try to avoid dwelling on a single word and give a reply that has relevance?

136. By ben on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

purple parody – the 4th down calls were the right calls, in the miami and new england game peterson missed his hole .period

137. By PurpleParody on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

ben – Why do I need to continue to repeat myself? PAST SUCCESS does NOT equate to CURRENT VALUE!

Childress’ team did great last year. But they are doing MUCH worse than they are capable of and should be expected of them this year.

138. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

bottom line, we would be 7-1 right now with a coach like Bill B.

139. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Best Year? This is a team sport, therefore his “best year” would be the Packer’s SB year

140. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

we underachieved last year. chilly took a superbowl team and stuck us with 12 men in the huddle

141. By PurpleParody on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

ben – Peterson “missed his hole” in the 3 downs preceding those choices as well! The “right call” is to take the points that early in the game. With over 30 minutes of game to play, so much can happen that you MUST assume that every point counts, and the points that are more than certain need to be taken after proving 3 times that you can’t get the larger score.

142. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

bottom line, we never converted. Chilly puts us in a position to lose. head coach job is put us in a situation to win

143. By ben on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

fire childress- how is that the bottom line, making such assumptions is truly mind blowing

144. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

PurpleParody, it was completely relevant because I addressed the posting you directed at me. What do you not understand?

145. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

ben, you don’t know what your talking about

146. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

SO, seriously, QUESTION FOR ALL– who would be your choice to bring in for coach and why?

147. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

you have never coached a football team, so your comments are worthless Ben

148. By ben on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

fire childress- the fact that you have to make a personal attack on me, proves alot about you

149. By Derek on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Anyone who thinks we would have had as good of a year last year with Tarvaris Jackson as our starting QB needs to get their head examined…… No offense

150. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Yes, it was Favre’s best year. I can just see all the Vikings partying it up in New Orleans after that crushing loss, Favre proclaiming “THIS WAS MY BEST YEAR” all the way down Bourbon Street.

151. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Brian B.-beause Brian was in Minnesota before, he knows how to win a superbowl and would come back to the Vikings given the chance

152. By ben on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

OHHH i see so only ex coachs can share there opinions on here …. interesting

153. By PurpleParody on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

BS&S – You addressed only the complaint about your inability to consider your opposition by trying to block it back at me. You never addressed the comment that I made in direct reply to yours at all, (which just happened to nullify your argument of “If, sir, you wish for reasonable debate and your points to be considered, then consider your opponents.”)

Here it is once more for your consideration:

154. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

like Mike Lombardi
    said, Childress does not have the proper leadership and communication skills to lead the Minnesota Vikings, or any other team to a superbowl

155. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Chilly is about as brain dead as they get, he doesn’t even know how to challenge a play

156. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

yes, give Chili all the time he needs. Rome wasn’t built in a day. But it wasn’t burnt in a day either)

157. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Brian Billick would be an excellent choice– I agree firechild, and you can tell when he covers the Vikings on the video blurbs that he still feels a connection the organization. He would use our weapons very well.

158. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

if we win the next 8 games, i will make no more comments about Chilly, if not, i want him gone !

159. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

yeah, Brian has fire on the sidelines !

160. By ben on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

fire childress -calling someone brain dead ?? your getting as low as it gets, bs&s the fact that billick hasn’t had a job in so long kinda shows how many teams have passed on him

161. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

FireC, you are wrong!!H e is not “about” as brain dead as they get, he IS as brain dead as they get!

162. By PurpleParody on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

But is Billick a realistic consideration? I have read his name called out many times, but I have heard Bud Grant’s as well. I got the impression that Billick has retired from coaching. Has he shown any recent interest in coming back?

163. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

he wants to coach ! he’s waiting for the Vikings job to come open. he will not coach for any team

164. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

he may want 5 million a year, but he’s worth it

165. By ben on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

IF childress is to be fired leslie frazier will be the coach

166. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

only for a intern this year. Frazier would almost have to win out to seal the job for next year

167. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

He’s really got his hands full right now with the defense

168. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

or there is another possibality, if no other coaches were available, Frazier keeps his job

169. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

i agree. his defense has fell apart at certain points

170. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Ben, I am sure Billick could still be a very good coach. But I am just curious as to who should take Childress’ place — come on now, who else would be a candidate for coach?

171. By PurpleParody on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

For all of you that like the idea of Billick listen to this interview of him:

When he starts talking he is brazenly puting down Brad Childress for his job this year. Sounds like the guy has a good head on his shoulders!

172. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Billick would be fantastic, second choice Gruden,there is something about Cowher that I don’t like, must be the fact he used to coach the stinking steelers.

173. By ben on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

he prolly could be a good coach, i just dont see him ever coming back to the vikes my personal opinion even though it doesn’t matter to some is childress shoudn’t be fired, but if he is there is no doubt in my mind that frazier will be a very good head coach, if not here somewhere,

174. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

i bet Bud Grant would get all kinds of support from the players. they would love a legand as a coach

175. By ben on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

bs&s how does it look the stadium push is going ? haven’t heard much about it lately

176. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

I really don’t think Bud would want the job at this stage of the game.He would much rather be out duck-hunting that going through this mess.

177. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

congress doesn’t come back till the 15th, and the stadium bill is on the backburner

178. By PurpleParody on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Sorry about that last comment, I wasn’t pay close enough attention to the interview the first time through. Turns out it was Teddi Bruschi that was doing the blazen attacks, but Billick agreed with him at least in part afterwards.

179. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Wilf agreed to pay for half the stadium and senate is still balking !

180. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Not sure, Ben.

181. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

doesn’t look good. i’m sue a superbowl would build the stadium, anything less, were in trouble

182. By ben on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

then lets all enjoy the team while we have them,

183. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

i would believe 10,000 jobs would be more important then 600 million dollars

184. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Purple Parody, just heard the Billick radio clip, he couldn’t be as straightforward as Bruschi, he kind of had to be cool. But you’re right, it left no doubt he agreed.

185. By fire childress on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

thats why i’m so mad at our head coach, he may cost us the team at the end

186. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Billick said on a recent video on vikings site that please– no more drama this week. He and Mora commented — how would you like to show up for work and see signs asking for your head? What most of you fail to realize is not that I am a big fan of Childress– I am not. I think he is decent, but he is not my first choice– WHAT I have said for a long time is that reality must be taken into account. It is unwise to fire a coach mid-season– it is difficult to win when you change coaches mid-stream. Who knows who we could get at this point? SO, my take is calm the rhetoric. All the negativity and chilly bashing does not help– the dome on Sunday was pathetic. While Childress is coach, if you cannot support him, keep the bashing civil. Hence, my name, BE SANE AND SERIOUS. Seriously.

187. By ben on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

wonderfully put bs&s let the opposing stadium boo the vikes not at home… you summed it up ……. pathetic

188. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

If Teddy Bruschi keeps getting that upset, he’s going to have another stroke.

189. By PurpleParody on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

BS&S – That’s the smartest thing I’ve heard out of you yet. Well put. I still feel he needed to hear it from the home crowd just once though. The way he had been acting for the last few weeks was embarrassingly shameful. He looked better in the press conference yesterday, and hopefully he can at least learn to lose with dignity in the future.

190. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Parody,thanks, but that is how I have felt all along. Now isn’t it nice to get along? Now I can go to bed and not get heartburn.

191. By PurpleParody on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

You could have always just run down to the local convenience store for a drug to remedy that…

192. By Conner on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Keep the faith. THe Packers will play the Falcons, Giants, and Patriots during their last 5 games and finish up at home with the Bears. THe Pack looks good right now, but that is a tough stretch. THe Vikes just need to take care of business week to week.

193. By Duane N on Nov 10, 2010 | Reply

Finally some good plays and boom Favre goes off. Just tore up the middle of the field. About time the coaches got Berrian the ball.

Couldn’t believe how well Favre moved around. Pretty much looked healthy, just can’t doubt the guy I guess.