Vikings-Cardinals Subplots

Posted by Mike Wobschall on November 5, 2010 – 6:06 am

The main storyline of this Sunday’s Vikings-Cardinals matchup is that a pair of 2009 playoff teams with losing records will meet at Mall of America Field to try and get their season back on the winning track. Both Minnesota and Arizona won their respective divisions last year and both teams also won a playoff game. Clearly, both teams are not in the same form through 7 games this season, but on Sunday one of them will notch another win and get their season moving in the right direction.

There are several other smaller storylines to keep an eye on this Sunday. Let’s go over a few of them…

– If the Vikings win, it will be the team’s 17th win in the last 20 regular season games at Mall of America Field. The Vikings are 16-3 at home since the beginning of the 2008 season and 10-1 since 2009, including 8-0 last year.

– If the Vikings win, it will be head coach Brad Childress’ 40th team victory (including playoff s).

– With 73 receiving yards, TE Visanthe Shiancoe can move into 3rd place in team history for the most career receiving yards by a TE. Shiancoe’s 1,750 receiving yards trail Joe Senser’s 1,822.

– RB Adrian Peterson needs 1 TD to move into 9th place in NFL history for the most rushing TDs in the first 4 NFL seasons. Peterson is currently tied for 10th with 46 career TDs and trails Larry Johnson’s (2003-06) 47. Peterson also needs just 57 rushing yards to move into 9th place in NFL history for the most rushing yards in the first 4 seasons. Peterson has 5,260 rushing yards and trails Walter Payton’s (1975-78) 5,316 for 9th and Eddie George’s (1996-99) 5,365 for 8th.

Tags: ,

135 Responses to “Vikings-Cardinals Subplots”

1. By Moss84 on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Where is the G-D potato salad??????????????????????? I wouldn’t read this Blog to my dogs!!!

2. By Moss84 on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Titans all the way baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. By fire childress on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Mike Wobschall, i knew you would try to put some positive spin on this loser coach. truth be told, Wade Phillips has more wins in the same time frame and he’s getting canned at the end of the year. time to take the trash out an fire Chilly now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. By Moss84 on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

B.S.S. Bull Spit Stats ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Try this ” plot ” 2-6

5. By Moss84 on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Whats are O now????? Let me guess Shank up the middle.

6. By Moss84 on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Chili said we got Baskett, ain’t Baskett that loser that missed the onside kick in the Super Bowl last year for Indy.

7. By Moss84 on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Chili robbed us from having Rice,Moss,AP,Harvin,Shank now thats a line up.

8. By Moss84 on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

I ate at that place Moss was talking about. It does taste like dog food, he was right.

9. By Vikes 84 on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

I ate there too, it was nasty. I couldn’t even finish my dinner. I took it home and my dogs wouldn’t even eat it.

10. By Vikes 4 on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

I also ate there. 2 thumbs WAY down.

11. By LA Vikings on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

I here LA is nice this time of year.

12. By LA Vikings on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

* hear

13. By mike, the lost vike on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Childress said it best which is the only thing I heard from his mouth that’s correct. “When things don’t work out, you must move quickly” That’s right owners of Vikings, fire Childress.

14. By LA Vikings on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

LA today 84 and sunny. Minneapolis today 44 and cold.

15. By mike, the lost vike on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

why are my blogs not going in, stop the censorship.

16. By Fire Mr. 70's stash on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Fire 70′s stash.

17. By mike, the lost vike on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

what’s the deal with stopping my blogs

18. By mike, the lost vike on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

How can Childress continue to look himself in the mirror as he stated he can?

19. By Fire Mr. 70's stash on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Peterson stuffed again.

20. By mike, the lost vike on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

If it didn’t post why do I get this message. Duplicate comment detected; it looks as though you’ve already said that! I can’t even blog anymore with the vikings, getting me sick to my stomach.

21. By rocksalt on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

It appears this will be yet another chapter in the history of this orgnization where we squander pro bowl caliber talent……..

22. By Fire 4 eyes on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Or at least get his eyes checked. I think he has a hard time seeing that he is 2-5 not 5-2. I dont think he was in the position to cut the best wideout on the team.

23. By mike, the lost vike on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

whats going on with the viking blog police, wait Brad are you there……Childress is the blog police….

24. By mike, the lost vike on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

brad, do all of us a favor, grant my early xmas present, put yourself on waivers, oh wait, don’t do that because nobody will pick you up. ha ha Moss told me to blog this.

25. By rocksalt on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

If the next governor is a republican you can forget any notions of a new stadium.

26. By Fire 4 eyes on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Moss would coach circles around chili dog when it comes to the passing game.
    Randy was on the 2 highest scoring O’s of all time. There is a reason they were the highest scoring and his name is Randy Moss

27. By Fire 4 eyes on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

You can tell Chili is a know it all pr!ck.

28. By mike, the lost vike on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

fire childress now

29. By Bruce on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

I just read somewhere that Berrian is once again going to be the starter. THIS IS EXACTLY WHY WILF SHOULD FIRE CHILDRESS. Greg Camarillo should start over Berrian. Berrian is having the worst year of his career, he can’t catch the ball consistantly and commits stupid penalties. SO WHY THE H E L L does Childress start a player that isn’t performing well? THESE STUPID COACHING DECISIONS HAVE TO STOP!!!

30. By mike, the lost vike on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Childress is looking in the same mirror that politicians look into when they scr$w the people they work for.

31. By mike, the lost vike on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

the owners of the vikings are true cowards

32. By mike, the lost vike on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

fire childress now, it’s not toooooo laaaaaaatttte

33. By Fire 4 eyes on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Just cut all the wideouts, F it why even pass. Lets see if peterson can stand by his all day name. run it 55 times.

34. By mike, the lost vike on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

vikings record at end of season 8 and 8 and we miss the playoffs because of the viking owners not firing childress.
    Let’s go down with the sinking ship “ss Childress”

35. By dgchapek@msn.com on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Mike W. is trying very hard for support for Chilly for good reason. they are related, when chilly goes, Mike W. goes too. i think what Chilly is doing is trying to get fired for free money, as his contract is guaranteed, he gets paid even if he gets fired. chilly is the biggest loser i’ve ever seen, period.we as fans suffer the biggest consequence, a losing season and possibly a losing decade, it will take a long time to repair chillys damage.

36. By Fire 4 eyes on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

You got to know when to hold em know when to fold em know when……………….

37. By Woodboat on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Hey, don’t turn on Mike. He’s just doing his job. He gets PAID to have a positive spin, and FIRED for being negative. Give the dude a break.

38. By Woodboat on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Nah, if the next governor is a republican, the stadium will get built. Republicans have no problem spending money they don’t have :)

39. By Robins on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Every single coach makes mistakes! Getting Moss was a big one and he fixed it. Moss hardly ever catches a ball. Sidney will be back soon and he is soooo much better then Moss. The whole team needs to step up! The coach or Brett can’t do it all. Catch the ball and hold on to it! Protect Brett! Stop the other team from scoring! You did it last year! Get to their quarterback! If you do your job you will win! Every player needs to step up and stop blaming the coach when someone doesn’t do their job.

40. By purplehaze on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

right on robins, moss is a p r i c k, can’t hold rices strap-j that is..

41. By fire childress on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

umm, actually Moss takes 2 db’s with him on every single play, so it doesn’t matter if he gets alot of receptions or not. very few receivers command double coverage and Moss is one of them. Farves passing rating went up 25 points while moss was here, AP’s numbers went up, Harvins numbers went way up, ect, you get my point. and rice generally only gets single coverage, so i would pick Moss over Rice. Moss is over 10 years older then Rice, and he still has a faster 40

42. By kraze k on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

I agree robins but I do believe that Chilly does have to go but he did do the right thing by letting go of Moss. Moss never cared about this team and never will. If he did care he would not give up on all the plays half way through. Yes Rice is a heck of a lot better WR then Moss at least Rice gives 100% all the time.

43. By fire childress on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Rice has to give 100 percent, he is slow, Moss can jog down the field and still draw double coverage, Rice gets single coverage. your wrong kraze k. do you even watch football?

44. By vikeforever on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

I am so looking forward to this game at home. Curious to see how the fans will react with signs/or boos or chants FIRE CHILLY!!! I am not sure that will happen but what I am sure of is at some time in that game CHilly will have made a blunder that cost us points or maybe a win…that is for sure. Hang on VIkes some new coach with a clue is on the way!!!

45. By ron on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

OK WHAT I RALLY WANNA KNOW IS JACKSON GONNA PLAY THATS ALL I WANNA NOW CUZ FARVRE IS ONE OF TH BEST BUT LOOKS HOW HE’S DOING AND JUST SEENING JACKSON PLAY FOR LESS THEN THAT QUARTER HE COULD DO US SOME GOOD HECAN RUN THROW HE CAN DO ALOT OF STUFF THAT BRETT CANT DO!!!!!!! BUT LETS HOPE WE CAN GET OUR SELFS TOGETHER AND GO ALL THE WAY THIS YEAR SO CLOSE LAST YEAR WE CANT LET THAT GET US DOWN WE GOTTA GET WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY OURS IN THE FRIST PACE SO COME ON VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!!!!!!!!!

46. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Fact, True or False– whatever you feel about Childress, he will be coach through the remainder of the season.– True or False? True, highly unlikely a major coaching change will take place during the season.
    Fact, True or False–there are 9 games left and the schedule is easier than the first part of the season? True.
    Fact, True or False–teams can and have won the Superbowl after terrible first halves of the season and then finishing with 9-11 wins. TRUE.
    Fact, True or False–booing, criticizing, condemning the head coach and leader of the team will help us win– FALSE–
    TRUE FANS ARISE– PRAISE LIFTS AND MOTIVATES- CONDEMNATION KILLS

47. By purplehaze on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

@ FIRE CHILDRESS;

I RESPECT YOUR OPINION FIRE, AND MANO-MANO TALENT WISE PERHAPS MOSS IS THE SUPERIOR ATHELETE; BUT THE PROBLEM IS, IS THAT IT’S ON HIS TERMS ONLY ALOT OF THE TIME, NOT THE TEAMS, BUT HE’S STILL A P R I C K WITH HIS NONCHALANT ATTITUDE ON THE FIELD, LOCKERROOM AND IN THE PUBLIC-MEDIA EYE..

48. By VAvikefan on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

@be sane….i support the TEAM, but brad DOESNT. anybody who fires sumbody else for personal reasons is petty to me. Randy’s teammates seemed to love him. especially the other recievers. yes we are fans but we are also allowed to form our own opions. WE PAY OUR HARD EARNED MONEY FOR THIS!!!!

49. By fire childress on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

i understand that, but a good coach knows how to deal with those type of players. Chilly is a weak, insecure, coach who has a power -trip ego. there’s no need for a coach like that here

50. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

I do not disagree with you at all VAVikefan– read my post. You are missing the point.

51. By fire childress on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

ummm. only 2 teams have made it to the playoffs since 1990 with a 2-5 record. chances of us going to the playoffs, less then 10 percent, and thats conservative

52. By fire childress on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

our chances would of increased with Moss, but as you know, the “coach” cut him

53. By taser brad on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

I find much agreeable about what all are saying.
    Moss commands so much respect, but for him respect is a one way street. (except for Patriots coaches) The difference this year has been the out on downs on offense. With Sidney and Chester last year, we sustained drives that have ended in punts this year. Favre’s ankle is part of it. I liked the little I saw of Jackson. We don’t need a foot thick playbook or cyborg coverage knowledge, we just need a QB to buy time so all the talent we have can get open before the sack. You never know if the play getting checked out of might win the game. Simplify things, when you have the better talent, as I think most of us agree we have. Firing is too kind for this coach.

54. By NJVikesFan on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

C’mon, we’ve all read this book a thousand times before..the Vikes will go on a 4 or 5 game winning streak, the pundits will start saying how brilliant Childress and Frazier are, and then they will narrowly miss the playoffs getting beat by a team they should have dominated. Favre will suffer a true career ending shoulder injury on the final drive on a blitz that doesn’t get picked up while the fumble gets picked up and run back for the winning touchdown. It’s gettin freakin rdiculous already!

WILF: DON’T BE an A-HOLE…GET ON THE PHONE NOW AND PLEASE, PLEASE PAY Bill Cowher whatever he wants!!! CALL HIM 10 times a day if you have to, but get Cowher before Jerry Jones does.

55. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

firechildress– the world is not that simple– stats in football anlayzed by the experts every week on TV make me laugh– chances of this happening are 22%– blah blah blah. Stats can be manipulated to form any logical argument– it is said that you can logically argue a circle is a square– stats mean NOTHING. This is not the team in those stats– this is not the league in those stats, those stats mean nothing. Many teams have made the playoffs with 9 wins or more– what are the stats for that, big guy? Huh? COME ON DUDE– wake up.

56. By go vikes on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Childress has “led” this team to the most dysfunctional one I have just about ever seen. He needs the boot and the sooner the better. Sending AP up the middle as our main first down play is just stupid. Everyone knows we will try that silly play yet again. What is that about?! Comeon Man!!! They need some different plays and a new head coach. We have shot this season.

57. By go vikes on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Since AP is going to be asked repeatedly to carry this team on his back, they need to spread the line out and he has got to cut sideways… Stop, stop stop that straight up the middle stuff that IS NOT WORKING.

58. By SALUTE CHILDRESS on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

WE LOVE YOU CHILLY

59. By go vikes on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Camarillo should start over Berrian. If not, then *when* we all watch Berrian drop a pass that should have been caught, then Camarillo should replace him and fast. We should be playing Camarillo more. He has done some very heads-up things and should be playing more.

60. By I.M.W on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

WTF

61. By VAvikefan on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

i get what your sayin Be Sane…stay positive and positive things will come, rite?? well im tired of “being positive.” its hasnt been working, meanwhile it allows this sorry coach to run this talented team into the ground…His arrogance and single mindedness is too much to tolerate. The players and fans are all fed up!..all we’re waiting for now i management and ownership to jump on board

62. By I.M.W on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

GET IT TOGETHER MINNESOTA. YOU GUYS ARE SO FAIR WEATHERED. WHEN THE VIKES ARE DOING GOOD U ARE ALL ON THEIR JOCK STRAPS AND WHEN THINGS ARE GOING BAD U TURN YOUR BACKS. LOYALTY IS STICKING WITH YOUR TEAM THRU GOOD AND BAD. KICKING THE VIKINGS WHILE THEY ARE DOWN AND SAYING THEY DNT NEED A NEW STADIUM IS GONNA MAKE WILF MOVE THEM AND THEN YOU WILL ALL BECRYING ABOUT NOT HAVING THEM ANYMORE. SO GET IT TOGETHER AND LEAVE BRAD ALONE. LAST TIME I CHECKED HE ISNT ON THE FIELD TURINING THE BALL OVER AND LETTING THE OPPOSING TEAM MOVE UP AND DOWN THE FIELD LIKE CRAZY. YOU GUYS SUCK! I AM A MINNESOTA RESIDENT ALSO.

63. By cal on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Well said IMW. I agree 100% I still smell playoffs

64. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

NO, not exactly what I am saying VAVike- somewhat BUT NOT REALLY– you all miss the point– I agree with all of you in the coaching has not appeared great, but look realistically at what is going to happen– we know coaches are rarely taken out mid-season, and ripping the coach with all this negativity filters throughout the whole team– so why do it? The Owners have invested millions, way more than all of us, and they obviously are in it to win the big one– so just relax is what I am saying– we know the coaching has not been where it should be, we know our record could be much better with a few different plays called– WHAT I AM SAYING is the Bosses know what is going on and the change will come; the negativity is way overboard and not helping at all. Fans can say– this call did not make sense, but to get personal and call names like immature kids on a playground– what does that do? How does that help. I have a lot of issues with the coach– I agree with most of you– I DO NOT AGREE with the nasty remarks that comes out of people’s mouth toward another human being. Yes, Childress is a human being.

65. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Unless we have 8 losses in our column, I will talk Superbowl– I am not giving up–

66. By Todd Chestnut on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

I continue to see blogs on comparing moss to rice. There is no comparison. As I stated before rice couldn’t carry randy’s joke. Rice doesn’t require any double teams and he’s not even half as fast as randy is at his age now. Randy is randy, you know what your getting. He’s been that way his whole career. If randy would ever play 100% every play theirs no one in the league that can cover him including revez for the jets.

67. By fire childress on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

I.M.W – read all my comments in all 3 blogs on why Chilly is a bad coach. apparently you don’t wach the games

68. By fire childress on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

BE SANE & SERIOUS – we have a right to complain, especially us season ticket owners. i didn’t invest 1,000′s of dollars on this team over the last several years to watch them go down because of a bad coach. us fans deserve better then that. get rid of the problem- Chilly !

69. By fire childress on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

sure, we will beat Arizona, and probably the bears twice. if we win the next 8 of the next nine games, we to the playoffs. not on Chillys account though. they would be better leaving Chilly in the locker room while we play

70. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Firechildress– you DO have a right to complain– I never said otherwise. Do you read what my post said? Read the content and not what you think you are reading. Why don’t you try this– read through my last post and see I agree with you 100% .

71. By VAvikefan on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

@Be Sane…I wasnt saying anything until he cut my boi randy. that was the final straw for me. i understand everything yu say about treating ppl like human beings but Chilly doesnt deserve that respect because HE doesnt treat ppl rite, from his players, to media, to us fans. he does what he feels like doing with no regard to others. i.e. cutting sumbody wit more success in this business than him b/c he was str8 up honest with him about his coaching. Randy will be Randy, he may be rough around the edges but yu kno wat your getting with him. Its kinda like a “watchu see is watchu get” thing wit him. With brad yu never know watchu get because he’s always sneaking around everything and everyone to get his way. Id rather get rid of sumbody like that than to keep giving him chance after chance and letting him continue to think that he has sum clout around this organization

72. By Todd Chestnut on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

The down fall of the season started before the season even started with a few veteran players going to mississippi to con brett to return. As viking fans, we should have seen that. His desire wasn’t there and I questioned his health and even his heart to some point. Heck just look at the first 7 games and his body language and the costly mistakes he made which resulted in at least 3 loses. It’s very simple, we can’t loose any of the next 3 games to stand an outside shot at a wildcard and that’s streching it.

73. By fire childress on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

i just wish the coaching issue would of been taken care of last year that’s all. then everyone would of been happy with a 6-1 record. clear enough?

74. By fire childress on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

i think we end up 8-8 . i say if we lose 2 more games, we go for the high draft pick and start over and throw the rest of the games

75. By VAvikefan on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Randy means more to this organization and its fans than Brad or Brett EVER will! He’s Viking royalty and yu dont get rid of sumbody like that. H E L L, he treats Brett like he spent his 20 seasons with US or sumthing. I agree Todd, he shoulda never came back and brad shoulda never made his players go fetch him…This all goes back to poor head coaching decisions!

76. By fire childress on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Randy will take Tennessee deep into the playoffs. good luck randy, we miss you already

77. By fire childress on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

i just wish we were saying goodbye to Chilly instead !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

78. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

I have a business to run and investments to make– OUTTA HERE!

79. By I.M.W on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

VIKINGS FANS ARE CHARACTERS. SAD ONES…….. I AM A “LOYAL” VIKING FAN THATS WHERE I DIFFER.

80. By I.M.W on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

WE NEED TO GET ON THE PLAYERS NOT THE COACHING CAUSE BRAD HAS DONE SOME DUMB THINGS AND SO HAS COACH BELISNAKE

81. By I.M.W on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

LOL

82. By I.M.W on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

BLAME BRETT FOR TURNING THE BALL OVER NOT BRAD

83. By I.M.W on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

BLAME BERNARD FOR SUCKING NOT BRAD

84. By I.M.W on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

BLAME BRYANT MCKINNEY FOR WORRYING ABOUT HOW MANY NEW FOLLOWERS HE HAS ON TWITTER RATHER THAN PROTECTING BRETT

85. By I.M.W on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

BLAME YOURSELVES FOR NOT STICKING BY THEM THROUGH GOOD AND BAD

86. By I.M.W on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

AND IF YOU GUYS ARE TOO FILLED WITH HATE FOR BRAD TO SEE THAT RANDY WAS NOT ONLY DISSING BRAD BUT HIS TEAMMATES AS WELL BY SAYING HE MISSES EVERYONE ONE IN NEW ENGLAND EVEN THE TOWEL BOY THEN YOU GUYS REALLY SUCK.

87. By I.M.W on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

IM DONE WITH THIS BLOG AND THE IGNORANT PEOPLE ON IT. IN A SICK WAY I KIND OF HOPE THE VIKINGS DO LEAVE SO THAT THE SAME ONES THAT ARE NOW KICKING THEM WHILE THEYRE DOWN CAN BE CRYING ABOUT HOW THEY MISS THEM. ONCE AGAIN YOU GUYS ARE SAD CHARACTERS. PEACE!

88. By Todd Chestnut on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Listen, chilly needs to go because he’s terrible but this team has under acheived all year on both sides of the ball. Just look at the patriots game when were down 21-18 in the 4th quarter and there in a 3rd and long and our high school secondary can’t even make a tackle to give our offense an opportunity to maybe tie or win game.

89. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

IMW– There is no way I could agree with you more. Most of these sorry “fans” were behind the team, probably begging for favre to return and now it’s a playground of whiners with no backbone or fortitude. I wonder how their personal and work lives are– probably not very successful because we all go through trials– it is how you act in hard times that determines who you really are and what you can achieve. OUTTA HERE FOR GOOD! Sorry group whine amongst yourselves– I am buying my Superbowl tickets to watch the Vikes.

90. By Todd Chestnut on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

I.M.W. I’ve been a fan for 25yrs and will be one whether there here or in L.A. I’t just gets frustrating time and time again when a team with the talent that they have had just can’t get it done, regardlous of who’s coaching or playing.

91. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

INSANITY– definition– keep doing the same thing expecting different results– IF ALL OF THIS BUGS YOU GUYS FOR YEARS— WHY ARE YOU STILL WATCHING? Do something about besides whine– follow a different sport, take up a hobby– MAN– in the end I have so much more in life than football– I Swear SOME OF YOU PRAY To the football– OUTTA HERE FOREVER

92. By VAvikefan on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

yu brad supporters are the funny ones…just like in any organization if someone is working for you and underachieves for yrs, then you get rid of them! lol ive supported this team through alot and im sure plenty others have as well so dont go up questioning our loyalty…LOYALTY is what makes care about the team and have a desire to get rid of anybody or anything who is bringing it down. if we didnt care then we would just keep silent and let them self impload. i bet YALL lives suck cuz yall just let ppl walk all over you!..dont come up here trying to attack ME b/c YOU cant get your point accross!

93. By Todd Chestnut on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Hey BE SANE & SERIOUS I may be a true viking fan but my life doesn’t revolve around football or any other sport. And for you telling us to do something else and get a hobby i got plenty to do. It sounds like to me you aren’t no better then us and have no more to do because if you had more to do your sorry a– wouldn’t be on the blog .

94. By rocksalt on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

ANYONE WHO SERTIOUSLY SUPPORTS CHLIDRESS AT THIS STASGE IS A TOOL………

95. By BE SANE & SERIOUS on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

HA HA HA– your anger shows your true colors– I hit the nail on the head. Thanks for confirming it.

96. By Frederick Jones on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Most adults I have talked to say that they were excited when Moss joined the Vikings. Adult thought Moss might have matured. When he was waived by the Vikings they understood why.

97. By Frederick Jones on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

The thing with Moss is we know about the cafe, and what he did/didn’t do on the field. What about all the things we didn’t hear about? As fans we are never going to know the whole picture. What we heard was bad enough to dismiss him from the team. One rotten apple can ruin the whole bushel!!!

98. By Frederick Jones on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

I would assume that most people do not read other blogs besides their own. I admit to doing alot of that. HOW MANY BLOGS CAN YOU READ?

99. By purplehaze on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

IMW YOU SOUND IMATURE, TAKE A HIKE..

100. By VAvikefan on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

Well THE TEAM seems to think he was a good teammate and r all upset with brad for letting hiim go. ok he complained about the food. yu cut him for that?? a gud coach would sit him down and be str8 forward with him about the situation. although VERY immature its not a firing offense…bottom line is randy called him out on his poor coaching and he couldnt take it. POINT BLANK

101. By fire childress on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

102. By fire childress on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

yes, Randy was a leader in the locker room. i heard Percy was almost crying when Chilly made the announcement. he took Percy under his wing. someone is going to have to step up now. not sure who, our receivers can’t catch, or get open

103. By todd on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

!@#$ HEY WILFS!!!!!!!!!!! SAVE YOUR DIGNITY!!!!!!!! PLEASE SUPPORT YOUR TEAM AND FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIRE CHILDRESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! CHEER OUR TEAM, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHILDRESS, HE IS DESTROYING OUR TEAM, WHO SAY WE CANT KEEP TEAM UNITY, AND DITCH THE B**** CHILDRESS, WE HAVE TO PAY HIM ANYWAY, SOOOOOO Y NOT ELEMINATE THE POISON

104. By I.M.W on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

HEY PURPLE HAZE IMMATURE HAS 2 M’S LEARN HOW TO SPELL BEFORE YOU TELL ME TO TAKE A HIKE. PROBABLY SOME SURBURBAN KID WHO DNT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT NO PURPLE HAZE EXCEPT IT HAS THE COLOR PURPLE IN IT SO IT MUST BE COOL. YEAH DUDE. TOTALLY

105. By I.M.W on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

FOR THE RECORD I AM A WOMAN AND I HAVE MORE SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE OF THE GAME THAN MOST OF YOU WITHERED MEN ON HERE. GO VIKES ALL DAY!

106. By the sinking-viking ship on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

by the way you write, your a uneducated woman. a high scholl dropout

107. By kraze k on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

For Moss to do his job the ball has to be right at him without him having to jump, reach, or dive for the ball. If Moss has to do any of those things he will not. Rice at least puts the effort to do those things to catch the ball. Moss is just plain lazy.

108. By Robins on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

kraze k….you are so right. I am so glad Moss is gone. We won one out of four games with him. He doesn’t even try to get the ball. I don’t know why anyone would want him on their team. He is so rude and overrated. We need Sidney back.

109. By fire childress on Nov 5, 2010 | Reply

CHECK OUT THIS LINK RIGHT AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

110. By fire childress on Nov 6, 2010 | Reply

the Fitz trade rumor for a 1st round draft pick makes sense to me. he did grow up in Minneapolis and was the ball boy for the vikings. i guess the vikings are not worried about draft picks now because their will be no football next year anyway

111. By pineapple on Nov 6, 2010 | Reply

Here is the deal. wether we like it or not childress will remain head coach the remainder of the season. Enough about him, Wilf has already made up his mind. As for the playoffs, there should be no more talk of that either at the moment. Paramount is a win. It needs to happen now. We mach up quite favorably with the Cardinals so I think this is a game we definately should win. If we win this game then we can talk about the bears whom we also match up well against. If we lose, lets face it, there are many more solid teams on our schedule. Thus the only thing left for any to say is win this gd game.

112. By rocksalt on Nov 6, 2010 | Reply

For all the B rad Lo vers: READ THIS

NFC North blog
    ESPN.com’s Kevin Seifert writes about all things NFC North in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Randy Moss did not appear on waivers for 24 hours because Vikings owner
    Zygi Wilf was furious about being circu mvented by coach Brad Childress. The owner considered retaining Moss and firing Childress, according to a team source.

Childress and two team executives did not respond to emails and text messages sent by ESPN seeking comment.

Childress, according to The Star Tribune, put his job in jeopardy because he didn’t follow franchise pro tocol and talk to Wilf before deciding to place Moss on waivers

113. By rocksalt on Nov 6, 2010 | Reply

Childress had a heated exchange with Perc over his efforts on the field……..Brad- when will you come to the realization that if you are having issues with all these individuals, then maybe you are the problem!!!!

114. By TWVIKE on Nov 6, 2010 | Reply

I Munch Wool- TAKE A HIKE D!KE !!!!!!!

115. By BigTMoss84 on Nov 6, 2010 | Reply

this franchise SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

116. By BigTMoss84 on Nov 6, 2010 | Reply

PRETTY OBVIOUS,PIEKINGS LOOKING GOOD FIRST HALF,THEN BAM;A GOOD COACH MAKES THE ADJUSTMENTS AT HALFTIME,THEN BAM;CHILDRESS GETS OUT COACHED AGAIN,THIS GUY COULDN’T COACH PEE WEE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

117. By fire childress on Nov 6, 2010 | Reply

yes, chilly will be gone within a month. they were yelling fire chilly at the Timberwolves game the other day

118. By Yang on Nov 6, 2010 | Reply

Hoping the Vikings will win tomrrow. It will be a fun game to watch. Go Vikings!

119. By rocksalt on Nov 6, 2010 | Reply

Difficult to win when the team must try and overcome their lame coaching….

120. By fire childress on Nov 6, 2010 | Reply

yeah, lame coach is right. i have not been so exited in years when they brought Moss in. Chilly takes all that away from us, without even a reason to do it.

121. By fmfan on Nov 6, 2010 | Reply

1 DIVA (FAVRE)on the team was enough…

122. By JimB on Nov 6, 2010 | Reply

Is Chilly GONE yet??? Win or Lose, He’s GOTTA GO!!!!

123. By fire childress on Nov 6, 2010 | Reply

here’s a nice sub plot. we win the next 9 games…..not with chilly coaching. sorry folks

124. By rocksalt on Nov 6, 2010 | Reply

Bring back Bud Grant!

125. By fire childress on Nov 6, 2010 | Reply

getting sick of the Packer fans. saying we will be riding the celler for the next 10 years. sure, we probably will, Detroit is a up and coming team. we will ride the damage Chilly caused for the next 10 years.

126. By viking/lakers Purple&gold on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

we will GO TO THE SUPER BOWEL NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!! I TELL THE THRUTH EVEN WHEN I LIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

127. By fire childress on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

i was reading a article written by Michael Lombardi and he said, CHILLY COULD NEVER LEAD THE VIKINGS TO A SUPERBOWL WIN. i say we let chilly loose now !

128. By Old School on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

I believe that if the Vikes lose today Fire Childress, Ziggy has no choice in the matter!

What really sucks is that I can’t even get excited about today!

It’s 10:30 my time…….I would, on a normal Sunday, be getting jacked about now for the game………………..

I just can’t ……………Thanks Chilly, Brett, Ziggy, Sidney (For waiting on the surgery), Jared (1 F u cking sack), Berrian (Couldn’t catch a F u cking cold), and the O-line because the only thing that you can block is the sun!

129. By Old School on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Bunch of D i cks !

130. By Old School on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Next 3 games……….Win vs Cards…….Loss vs Bears……Loss vs Pack.

3-7 first 10 games.

AWESOME!

131. By rocksalt on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Awesome! Fans are sporting the latest in Fire Childress attire!

132. By Sam Harris on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Why isn’t Childress getting fired yet. I can’t support any decisions he makes.

133. By Deuce_Savage on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Chillys pants were on FiRe!

134. By Deuce_Savage on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Can somebody confirm ESPNs that Ziggys already in talks with Bill Cowler to come to the Vikings next season to Steer the team to the SB!

2. Nov 5, 2010: Vikings-Cardinals Subplots | Vikings Stop Blog