Childress Addresses Reporters Regarding Moss Decision

Posted by Mike Wobschall on November 3, 2010 – 11:07 am

The Vikings waived WR Randy Moss on Tuesday afternoon and head coach Brad Childress, during his regular Wednesday press conference, faced an assembled group of reporters for the first time since Moss’ departure. Rather than supplement what Childress said about the move and his team with hyperbole introducing and explaining the quotes, we’re just going to post transcriptions of his opening statement and a few answers to follow up questions.

For the record, I thought Childress handled today’s press conference well because the decision to waive Moss was unpopular among the fan base and the questions Childress faced on Wednesday illustrated that. Also for the record, the questions asked of Childress today were appropriate given the setting and the events of the last 48 hours.

Here’s what Childress had to say…

Opening Statement: It didn’t work out. I’m not going to get into any particulars. We have an internal process that we go through…I can understand that all of you (reporters) have questions and I appreciate everybody’s passion in knowing why. You hope all your personnel decisions work out for the best, whether you talk about the (Jared) Allens, the (Steve) Hutchinsons, or the (Visanthe) Shiancoes, or the Chester Taylors or the Percy Harvins. Some work out and some don’t work out. And some end up being short-term and some end up being long-term. This didn’t work out. Nobody is more disappointed than I am that it didn’t work out, but it didn’t work out. So we’re casting our gaze forward here and I do wish Randy the best of luck in whatever the future holds for him down the line in football.

Where did it not work out because he seemed to be helping your offense on the field? “I’m not going to get into a lot of the particulars; I’m not going to do that. It’s done, it’s over with. It was a decision that you don’t take lightly but it was a decision that I had to make. It’s over.”

Why is more explanation of the particulars not in order? “I wished and hoped that it would’ve worked out as well. But it was a programmatic non-fit and it didn’t work out. When things don’t work out you need to move quickly to take steps (to move forward).”

On the protocol of making a roster move such as waiving Moss: “We’ve got, without getting into all the internal dialogue, we have a process that we hold to here and I’m not going to give you chapter-and-verse on the process, but I told my team right after I finished with you folks (Monday’s press conference). I thought it was important to paint a landscape of what Tuesday was going to be like for them, what the rest of the day (Monday) was going to be like for them so that they didn’t have to come back here Wednesday and deal with that. I owed that to those guys. So we’re at 52 right now pending any roster move that might occur and I have faith and confidence in the guys remaining, and we’re the only guys that are going to fix this thing right now at 2-5.”

72 Responses to “Childress Addresses Reporters Regarding Moss Decision”

1. By Cubby on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Get Moss back. Cut Childress. Everyone is thinking Childress needs to go and Moss needs to come back. Everyone knows Moss is a great player and we need him. So what if he does a few thing like speak his mind? Get him back on the field. Get rid of Childress -the fans dont like him, the players struggle with him. He doesn’t do his job and lets bad plays go without a fight or flag. He is an idiot!!!! The vikings will NEVER get a super bowl win or new stadium with him as a coach. Let Favre run part of the coaching and let the assistant coach run the other side.

2. By snap7153 on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

DITTO on Cubbys comment!! Never was a Childress Fan !! Ziggy, you listening!!
    Go after Grugen!!

3. By SmileyStar on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Moss was cut because SIDNEY is back!!! Look For Sidney to start in Sundays Game.

4. By Canadianviking on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Moss was not going to help fix the problems the vikes have. Good for you chilly.

5. By Kids Cap on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

WIth out knowing the particulars that went on behind the sceens, cutting Moss is a tough thing to swallow. Randy seemed geniunely excited to be playing back in MN during his 1st press confrence. But since the game against Dallas things must have went down hill in a heck of a hurry. It seems that in the end things had spun out of control and Moss had reverted back to his old ways, and even worse. What bugs me is how can the viking coaching staff not work things out with Randy before things spun out of control. Is the coaching staff that ridgid and unflexable? Or were Randy’s expectations that unreasonable.

It will all show itsself on the field the next few weeks I guess. The players play and actions will show wether or not they respect the head coach, or is the coaching staff that much of a mess. My 1st reaction is that Randy saw what a mess the MN operation is comming from New England. And he tried to help out but was not meet half way. But I think that is giving Randy too much credit, considering his past. Since there are hall of fame veterns on the Vikings team that have been able to working with the head coach and have success, I think the problem may have been Randy. But the rest of the season will show us what will happen with the head coach. If the Vinkings continue to faiil as they have this season, i think the writting is on the wall, especially since the head coach could not put his differneces aside with a a hall of fame receiver. If they end up with making the playoffs and competing in the playoffs, than I think Coach Childress has done his job. It maybe short of expectations, but this is the 2010 season, not the 2009 season.

6. By Robins on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

It was a great interview. So was Brett’s. We should never have taken Moss in the first place. Moss is a lazy, rude person. Good riddance. The coach will be gone next year but only because his team is not doing their job. He can’t make them catch the ball and hang on to it. He can’t make them protect Brett, he can’t make them stop the other team from scoring. Sure, he doesn’t always make the right call, but who does? We have a great team and they just need to fight harder. And we need some luck! The packers won last week because the defense kept the Jets from scoring. How about it defense! Everyone needs to step up including the coach.

7. By Casey on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

+1 on what Cubby said

I love the commitment the Wilfs have to making the Vikes competitive, but this allegiance to Childress needs to end. Unfortunately, I see things shaping up so the team will do just good enough for him to keep his job. Our strength of schedule is much less elite now, and our pure talent will help us win the majority of those games. However, even if we squeak into the playoffs, a Brad Childress run team is automatically at a schematic disadvantage against a playoff team with a real coach.

8. By Tony on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Try Again! Childress is a LIAR and no liar can be a Leader which is what we need. He got caught on the timline from the presser to telling his team to telling upper management. He LIED and contradicted himself. Lastly letting Spielman tell Moss shows he is a coward to.

9. By Dave on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

as ususal.. brain dead chilly has no straight forward answers to any of the questions that were asked.. HOW WAS THAT A GREAT INTERVIEW… AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE ???

SKOL VIKES!!

10. By Penny on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

I was signing this 16 year old out of the police station, and told her that I was going to call her parents to come and pick her up. She said, “please don’t do that. They beat me. ” so I told her I would call her uncle. She told me ” no he …beats me too. “. So I said well who do you want to come pick you up ? She told me.

” the minnesota vikings. They don’t beat anybody. ”

Hire Childress

11. By Penny on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Meant to type Fire Childress

12. By Steve on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Big tornado warning in Minneapolis. They recommend everyone goes to the Metrodome. No chance of a touchdown there. ;)

13. By Pat the Viking on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Moss should be SUSPENDED or BANNED for LIFE by the NFL Personal Conduct Policy for his behavioral. Moss is a Bigget and a disgrace to the NFL.

14. By Stephanie on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Childress is partially to blame for the team failing, but I can understand the difficult decision to let Moss go. he could have handled it better, but after hearing all the things I’ve heard about Randy the past couple days, it seems like Randy might not have wanted to be here after all because things weren’t going his way and the Vikings weren’t winning. he was regretting not being with the Patriots. he may have been disruptive in the locker room. we may never know. it sounds like that play where Randy gave up on the TD was the second to last straw and the post game rant was the final straw. and with someone like Childress, obviously he wasn’t ok with that. I’m not a fan of Childress and I’d like him gone, but Moss seemed to have been showing signs of not trying as hard, which is unfortunate. sucks we have no deep threat, but who knows? maybe Rice will get back shortly and help the team get back on track. but there’s no time for messing around. we’re running out of games to play.

15. By Chilly Fails on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Are you serious Mike Wobschal, Chilly answered nothing! If Moss or anyone else wants to let their opinions know on food or what ever it may be, its their right to do so.

FIRE CHILLY FOR BEING A DECEIVING CLOWN!

16. By mike, the lost vike on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

fire childress now

17. By soldier1986 on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

haha penny that was funny. and stephanie i think i agree with you. i was mad at first but the things i have been hearing about moss these past few days made me think a little bit. moss didnt even want to be here nor did he enjoy being here. you can tell these past few weeks during games. he just seemed eh whatever. when favre came here he loved this team right away and still does. even other players were not too fond on moss from what i read. so im confused right now. it sucks, but at the same time, if he doesnt want to be here then let him go. he wants to be a patriot anyway. that was obvious

18. By hopeulosenow on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Vikes season is over…too much drama…we got a great player back then release him….quarterback is old and washed up and coach is a tard. At the end of the season fire Childress….let Farve retire….and beg Bill Cowher to coach this team.

19. By Fishingnut on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

I would hope Moss was cut because he is a miserable excuse for a human being.

20. By vikes4life on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

PLEASE!!!! what a joke! Pretty sad when I caught my self saying “Even Denny Green wasn’t this bad!” This whole thing is rediculous! Childress clearly showed why HE needs to leave. How was that a good presser!? He answered nothing! Yes Moss praised his old team. But heck! Belichick is a much better coach than Childress! For once i don’t disagree with Moss. I still love my Vikes, but really!? Come on now Ziggy take some more control! GET RID OF CHILDRESS!!!! Maybe we can save our season! We have all the talented players we need, make something happen with them!

SKOL VIKINGS!!!

21. By Steve on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Childress was hired because he told the Wilf’s he wouldn’t tolerate bad behavior by his players. (Which is why they wouldn’t let him go.) Remember he was hired to clean up the Love Boat mess. At least most of the players involved in that incident weren’t let go until the end of the season. Childress should be fired because he doesn’t make good decisions in any aspect of the game whether it’s clock management, going for it when he shouldn’t, not going for it when he should, player personnel decisions and on and on. It was only 9 weeks he had to tolerate Moss who really does increase the Vikes chances of winning when he’s on the field. Childress should have just sucked it up. I actually hope the owners lock out the players next year. Maybe then they won’t ask taxpayers to pay for a new stadium.

22. By Bigdog on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

The way I see it hope for the best nothing we can do from this side od the feild, but my thought would be get Randy back fire Childress and make Brett his replacpment.

23. By Richard on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Maybe the Wilf’s are letting Childress send the Vikings to the big $ market of LA!Why else would they allow this idot to do these things and not give the fans a explation for his cutting of Randy. This only makes the MN. fans less likley to support a tax increase for a new stadium. Magic Johnson must be loving this clown!!!!!

24. By Pats Fan on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Can’t put spoiled milk back in the frig and make it right!!!! Moss didn’t work out the first time in Minn and was traded back to Minn from the Pats for a third round pick. Now Minn still is on the hook for 3.9m left on his contract and they have no wide receiver aka Moss. Who won out in that deal GO PATS!!!!! Good luck Minn : )

PS If Childress was 6 and 1 on the season, would you all have the “FIRE” Childress mentality.

25. By Mel on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

With all this drama we might stand a chance for a day time Emmy for our soap opera “All Minnesota”s Childress”

26. By soldier1986 on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

@pats fan yes we would be. we wanted him gone last year and we were one of the best teams last year

27. By SIMPLE SOLUTIONS on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

FIRE CHILDRESS NOW…….

28. By Pat the Viking on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Moss was SLACKING in his duties on the field and very clear in the last 2 games he wasnt even giving 1% of effort – Sandbagger – if he was a real man he should have went to Chilly and settle it.

The way Moss acted out is that of a SPOILED 5 year old – this does Voilate the League PERSONAL CONDUCT RULES ans MOSS should be BANNED for LIFE from the NFL – We need to make an Example out of Moss – The NFL is letting too many off with just a slap on the hand – this is the time the NFL should step up and say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

29. By purplehaze on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

DEAR BRAD I THINK YOUR DOUBLE MIGHT HAVE BEEN SAYING IN THE PRESSER: “WHEN THINGS DON’T WORK OUT YOU NEED TO MOVE QUICKLY TO TAKE STEPS TO MOVE FORWARD.”

ARE YOU FREAK’N KIDDING ME???, HAVE YOU LOOKED AT YOUR RECORD MAN!!!; WHAT EXACTLY HAVE YOU DONE AS THE SUPPOSED LEADER OF THIS TEAM, TO STOP THE VOICES IN YOUR HEAD AND THE BLEEDING ON THE FIELD!!!

RANDY WAS AND IS A MAN/CHILD YES, AND WE ALL KNEW THAT GOING IN, BUT “YOUR” ABYSMAL RECORD LONG BEFORE HE SHOWED UP, STANDS AS A TESTIMATE TO YOUR INADEQUECIES AS A HEAD COACH IN THIS LEAGUE…

30. By Ty Sharpe on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

How can you waive Childress. When you have Moss double and triple teamed down field, you don’t think that helped. ?

31. By SoCalVike on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Losing that 3rd round pick hurts the most as I am sure the Patriots will turn that pick into a pro bowler!

32. By Bruce on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

SO WHAT IS IT ABOUT BERRIAN? DO YOU MEAN TO TELL ME WE STILL HAVE PENALTY PRONE, DROP THE BALL PRONE, CANT CATCH THE BALL PRONE BERRIAN STILL ON OUR ROSTER?????? I THOUGHT I SAW SOMEWHERE THAT WE WAIVED HIS WORTHLESS BUTT

33. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

On Sunday, one of two tj=hings will happen. Either the Vikes hammer Zona or vice-versa. This will not be a close game. If the latter happens, we are officialy Dallas North.

34. By matt on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Afraid I have to agree with all those who say Chilly should go. A man of character may have connected with Moss and made him work, sit down quietly and let him know this is his last chance, etc. But Chilly want to be the King. He’s not even a prince and his decisions and non decisions — challenging the wrong calls, not challenging the right ones, getting penalized for 12 men on the field vs. the Saints after a TIMEOUT in the NFC title game, and on and on — speak for themselves. They’ll never win the big one with him. I can’t see how his players respect him, seems clear they do not. He hasn’t earned respect or given it. It is an awful situation.

35. By ANDY on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Yea, Things dont work out so you move on. Thats the very thing that brad dingleberry childress needs to do. Take his own advise and get as far away from our football team as possible. Please brad, do it for the fans, do it for the players, do it for yourself, do it for my (god rest her soul) grandma, just go away.

36. By Pat the Viking on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

the “FIRE” Childress mentality on here are MOSTLY PACKERS FANS who has no where to go – the Packer’s website only has 2 members – why ? because everybody knows that the Packers sucks

37. By 88/84/81/18/84 ...next # ? on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

I don’t care where he goes…I’m watching him for the rest of his career. Personally, I wish Bill B. would take him back just for the drama.

38. By NE Patriots 2010 on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

To Pat The Viking: You are the dumbest thing alive…Moss is a future hall of fame receiver and the fact that he was waived by the looser Vikings simply means that they are commited to having a loosing season. Why else would they have brought Fabre? He can no longer play competively, move on from the senior citizen and let Jackson play and maybe then, just maybe, they’ll have a chance at making the playoffs.

39. By Common Sense on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

C’mon people. I thought Moss may be able to help as well, so I wanted to wait and see. Afterall, last go around Moss was an immature a** that was a major reason for the integrity downfall of Chris Carter. Toxin’s pollute the water, no matter how clean it is. No one remembers Moss, Culpepper, and Bennett getting shot at after leaving a club (Club Cancun) and racing home up 394. The story came out that the three were hitting on some thugs girlfriends, and the thugs were going to show them what’s up. That’s a major deal, so I wasn’t as bothered to see him go. This go around I heard Moss talk of finding God even more and about being married, so I thought he may’ve changed (at least I left room for that). Then, he came back and it was evident that was not the case.

Did none of you see this story of Moss’s attitude still today, or you’d just sell your soul for the possibility of a ring? : http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/11/restaurant-owner-randy-moss-disparaged-him-food-inside-vikings-locker-room/1?csp=hf

40. By Jshep on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Chew on this my fellow Viking Fans, you have Sidney Rice coming back any day…if Randy Moss is still with the Vikes, you have Moss and Rice on the outside, Harvin in the slot, Shincoe at TE and the best all around RB in the league in Peterson, not only a threat running the ball but also as a swing pass receiver…who will opposing defenses’ double? Moss is the only receiver I know of in the NFL that is constantly double teamed and with Rice coming back, defenses’ have to pick their poison. Even if Moss didn’t have one more reception for the remainder of the year, he still would draw double coverage. Any QB would have a field day, especially a veteran and future Hall of Famer in Favre .Not only that, but you know Moss’s tendencies before picking him up and you give a 3rd round draft pick to boot? Nice move Childress, should get moron of the year honor….note to ownership, grow a pair and get rid of Childress, now!!! Get Moss back and turn the table on the league….tell me who could stop the Vikes offense?

41. By T Scott on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Was obvious Moss didn’t even bother to TRY to catch the ball he was interfered with. It was an easy catch and TD if he really wanted to catch it. He was already in shut down mode. He is still a mental basket and bad for the team. Good decision to get rid of him, but they never should have traded away for him in the first place. Childress is accountable.

Offensive and defensive coordinators have been terrible as well. Terrible play calling when we need a yeard – hey let’s stack 22 guys within the hashes and try to grind out a yard. So stupid on several levels I’m not even going to expound on it. Defensively, ummmm hey someone wake Frasier up and send him the memo that the defensive line isn’t getting ANY pressure on opposing QBs and he might want to consider some blitzing. Does it really take 1/2 the season to notice these things?

Offensive line has been bad as well, as has Favre. All around one of hte most disappointing seasons I’ve watched in my 30+ years as a Viking fan. I’m cashing this season in.

42. By fire childress on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

FIRE CHILLY NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

43. By fire childress on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

GO BACK TO PHILADELPHIA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

44. By fire childress on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

PLEASE LEAVE THE STATE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

45. By fire childress on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

WE DON’T WANT YOU HERE CHILLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

46. By fire childress on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

PLEASE LEAVE THE STATE NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

47. By Alex on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

I think it was the stupidest think you could’ve done was to get rid of Randy Moss. Randy Moss did more for that offense then you think. Moss allowed Percy Harvin to get open while Moss was being doubled or triple covered. I think the teams problem is Brad Childress he is the worst coach in the NFL right now. We need to get rid of him and find someone else to run the team. I am happy that Sidney rice is going to be playing this week maybe Favre will complete the ball for touchdowns. GOOOOOOO VIKINGS.

48. By fire childress on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

take bb with you- you idiot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

49. By fire childress on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

what are you talking about Alex? Rice isn’t coming back next week !!!!!!!

50. By F Childress on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

OMG he didnt say anything , he is a spineless POS , all reporters are saying moss needs a strong coach … AKA chilly is weak , spineless , and needs to go

51. By fire childress on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

GO OUT EAST AND NEVER COME BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

52. By fire childress on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

GO AWAY, YOU SHORT, SMALL BALD FREAK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

53. By Shawn on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

OK so after 20+ years of attending games , buying jerseys, going to the chris doleman football camp when i was in high school, im bidding farewell to this franchise, GO TITANS my new favorite team the have a STRONG coach whos been to the bowl and the best back and best reciever in the game …good luck viking fans …

54. By fire childress on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

and never come back you ret ard !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

55. By J.L. on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

I have been a Vikings fan from the days of Joe Kapp. I was disappointed when Childress was hired. I found his extension last year disconcerting. It was a boon to be able to get Moss for a third round pick; almost unbelievable. The release of Moss is unbelievable.

When Moss did not hit the waiver wire due to a “technicality,” I had hope that perhaps Ziggy had stepped in, Childress would be fired, Frazier promoted and Moss would still be with the team; some hope of salvaging the season.

Unbelievable, J.L.

56. By J.L. on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Still do not have it out of my system.

The comment by Shawn about attending Doleman’s Camp. I attended a Vikings camp with Jim Marshal and Clint Jones among others, staying in the dorms at Mankato.

I have thought about changing favorite teams just like Shawn, but how does one change allegiance after 40 years? Shawn’s comments and my thoughts give some perspective of how deeply disgruntled the fans are.

Life long fans throwing in the towel, J.L.

57. By Sue D on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Do we really need to know every detail? I applaud Childress & Favre for their discretion in these losing times. It is so easy to place blame, especially when you don’t have all the facts. Let’s just go out and win!!! Go Vikes!!!

58. By FireChildress on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Childress said” it was a programmatic non-fit”. The program Randy wants and that most Vikings fans want in the one that took us to 15-1. Being agressive and creative in play calling. I don’t want to take away AP carrying, but you need to mix things up. Sometimes we should do flea flickers and throw the ball down field on first downs. Childress’ idea of how to run an offensive will never work. The only reason things worked out last year is because Favre knew enough to change plays into something that would work. Fire Childress, sign Moss to 5 year 50 million dollar deal when he is a free agent. If you can’t get Moss back, still Fire Childress.

59. By thinman on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Bad Brad should have been fired along time ago. He sucks as a coach there are so many good coaches out there. Why do we still have this idiot in Minnesota? How many more assistant coaches have to leave Minnesota and become head coaches win super bowls before they fire this loser.Sincerely a lifelong Viking fan from the predome era

60. By vikes4life on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Pat the Viking: Really you think we are packer fans!? Why would we all be so Pi**ed off right now if we were?! We still want our team to make it thats why we want Childress gone now!!!

Thank you all who realized why Randy was such an asset now! No he didn’t have many big plays. He was double teamed! And him being double teamed freed up others to make plays! And now with Rice back just imagine the bombs and amazing plays we could’ve pulled off with such a talented team!

And yea we did do good last year when Favre changed plays. Gee wonder why. Hmmm maybe because the ones Childress wanted were “programatically not a good fit” (to put in terms Chilly would understand) And Favre seen that, and fixed it! What happens when Childress takes charge, calls bad plays, challenge/ don’t challenge at the wrong times, and hmm get a LOSING record! Might as well make Favre coach least he got some games won when he took charge!

Man i sure hope some of the ownership can see these notes and realizes that we are tired as fans of seeing OUR team be such a joke and take care of it! Quit being the ViQueens and Be the ViKINGS once again!

Fire Childress: A little redundant i’m thinking but man i hope he can see that and just leave on his own! Hope you comments work!!!

61. By Moss84 on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Moss best wideout ever to play the game, f it lets cut him.

62. By Ed C on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

DONE! DONE! DONE!

I have been a fan in the good and bad times. I have always defended the team, supported the team.

As I stated above, I am DONE!

When Chilly is done ruining the team and the fan base is gone, maybe then ownership will remember these day!

I am lost as to who really owns the team. Because everyother owner would have fired him by now. Maybe he is the owner Oakland like junk he pulls.

Fire Chilly and Maybe we will be back

63. By Meekay on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Maybe I’ll go watch something a bit less dramatic… like a soap opera.

Come on Vikes, how about we get back to just playing good football. I really miss that.

64. By BECKY on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Moss actually doesn’t deserve all the attention he gets.He may be the best wide receiver in the league but his character ruins it all. He thinks he is so good no wonder he behaves in a weird manner.It is a high time that you have to change your behavior Moss.Your retirement may come sooner than expected.

65. By BECKY on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Am a vikings fan and I think the decision was the best .

66. By Charlie on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

As Bud Grant used to comment, he did not worry about players behavior off the field as long as they could produce on the field. Much has been made of Moss’ poor behavior which is irrelevant. Anyone who knows football saw that for 4 weeks, the opposing team assigned 2 players to Moss whuich freed up Harvin and Peterson for excellent performances. Childress is simply an anal, uncreative control freak who could not see beyond criticism of his poor coaching. Who cares if Moss rudely criticized food caterers? Do they have anything to do with offense or defense? We had a chance to have one of the most exciting receivers in the league back on our team, and after wisely picking him up and re-energizing the fan base, they dumped him without compensation or explanation. This is inexcusable. They should fire Childress immediately and have the Wilfs apologize for his actions to the fan base. Childress is the biggest buzz kill in professional sports.

67. By Vikingnomore on Nov 4, 2010 | Reply

Brad Childress is an idiot!!! What the h#&% is he thinking getting rid of Randy Moss, you never even gave the guy a chance! Brad Childress needs to go and Randy moss needs to stay! CAN (get rid of) Brad Childress and let Brett Favre coach the rest of the year!

68. By SUTTY on Nov 4, 2010 | Reply

Ziggy fire Childress immediately and promote Frazier!

69. By Viking Ken on Nov 4, 2010 | Reply

Things done by Moss like the buffet was possably out of fustration or anger? If a person coming from a team you are about to face has info on how they like to plan their game wouldn’t you listen and possably put in plays to counter them. Were they more embarised that they had no game plan. Do they shoot their plays from the hip? The tightend plays have become a lot fewer and deep routes seem to be covered one on one where are the deception plays. It seems to be more predictable plays done each week. My son of 13 new when they were going to run or pass just by movements of the blockers. On movement of Jim from 1 end to fullback position could be a great screen play to the out and up. Go Jim.

70. By purplehaze on Nov 4, 2010 | Reply

SHOULDA TRADED MOSS AND BB; PERHAPS A DRAFT PICK, TO PHILLY BEFORE THE CUTOFF, GOTTEN MICHAEL VICK, FARVES OUT NEXT YEAR AND VICK IS READY TO ROLL; THEY HAVE TWO STARTING CALIBER QB’S ONES GOTTA GO..

71. By SUTTY on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Randy Moss will be in the hall of fame and Brad Childress in the hall of shame.

2. Nov 3, 2010: Childress Addresses Reporters Regarding Moss Decision | Vikings Stop Blog