While we’re waiting for Friday’s practice to begin and then for head coach Brad Childress to address the media around 1:00 p.m. CT, let’s go over a few Friday Fun Facts…
– The Vikings-Patriots game will be Minnesota’s 9th consecutive road game (including playoff s) that hasn’t started at noon. The last time the Vikings played a noon road game was on 10/25/09 at Pittsburgh. Since then, the Vikings have played at Green Bay, Arizona, Carolina, Chicago, New Orleans (playoff s), New Orleans, New York and Green Bay – all of which were either night or late afternoon games.
– DE Jared Allen intercepted his 3rd career pass last week against Green Bay and his 2nd as a Viking, tying him for 3rd in team history among defensive linemen.
– QB Brett Favre started his 119th (90-29) game at Lambeau Field last week, breaking the NFL record for the most starts in a stadium. Favre was previously tied with John Elway at 118.
– WR/KR Percy Harvin scored his first career rushing TD at Lambeau last week. He became only the 5th player in team history to score 3 different ways in a season (one rush, three pass and one kickoff return), and the first since 2005.
– RB Adrian Peterson broke his own team record for most rushing yards through the first 6 games of any season (684; was 670). He is the first Vikings player to reach 600 yards 3 times after Game #6.
– DT Pat Williams is the oldest active defensive player in the NFL (turned 38 on 10/24/10).
Tags: Adrian Peterson, Jared Allen, Pat Williams, Percy Harvin
Posted in All, Mike Wobschall | 81 Comments »