Favre For Hope Foundation Reaches Out In Minneapolis-Area

Posted by Mike Wobschall on October 29, 2010 – 4:26 pm

If Brett Favre is able to suit up this weekend for the Vikings and have the kind of impact that his wife, Deanna, had on a group of Eden Prairie Chamber of Commerce guests on Friday afternoon, the Purple will be in good shape against the Patriots.

Deanna gave an emotional and inspirational presentation Friday afternoon at the event and also presented $100,000 grants to both the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Minnesota and the Hope Chest For Breast Cancer Foundation on behalf of the Favre 4 Hope Foundation. The Favre 4 Hope Foundation was created when the Favres merged their two foundations.

Guests were both laughing and crying as Deanna elequently discussed her bout with cancer and her family’s drive to turn times of adversity into positive moments worth remembering.

Deanna explained that she relied on faith and family during her battle against breast cancer and she also spoke about the importance of turning a negative situation into something positive.

“But more than anything,” she said, “cancer taught me not to take life for granted. To wake each morning grateful just to have another day of stuff to do. And to close my eyes each night with a prayer of thanks.

“Life has thrown us several curves, but we always manage to find a way to turn it into something positive.”

To read more about this event and the donations the Favre 4 Hope Foundation made on Friday, click here.

49 Responses to “Favre For Hope Foundation Reaches Out In Minneapolis-Area”

1. By fire childress on Oct 29, 2010 | Reply

lets set up a foundation to get rid of Chilly. make a wish that Chilly leaves town foundation

2. By TWVIKE on Oct 29, 2010 | Reply

We need to start the Vikings hope for a win Foundation.

3. By Justin on Oct 29, 2010 | Reply

This news is great to hear, amongst all the grim complaining on these blogs this week. Certaintly a breath of fresh air :)

4. By Frederick Jones on Oct 29, 2010 | Reply

If there are 12 men on the field who’s responsibility is it? As a coach I always felt that the PLAYER should know when he is supposed to be on the field! ——
    ——————————————————————————————–
    ——————————————————————————————–

The failed video review on the Packers touchdown? Why do we have men in the press box to call down to the field? The coach often has the worst seat in the house. C’MON MAN! Do you not realize that we are talking about an organization where there are about 60 participating people on the sidelines or in the press box?

5. By Brad Chilldress on Oct 29, 2010 | Reply

Thank you.

6. By Vikings Forever on Oct 29, 2010 | Reply

They should (well, really Deanna) commended for their generosity to our communities! Thank you so much!

Brad & Wendy (life long Vikes fans)

7. By Frederick Jones on Oct 29, 2010 | Reply

C’mon man!
    ——————————————————————————————–
    I just wish people understood what it is like to coach a football team. People expect him to be GOD!
    ——————————————————————————————
    Tavaris Jackson hasn’t even really played since 2008 and people call him the worst QB in the league. He’s a very young man with TONS of potential.
    ——————————————————————————————-
    C’mon man! They rip the Head Coach everywhere in this country. An “average” NFL coach last about 2 years. Brad Childress is in his 5th year. Most likely he did something right a few times. C’mon man!
    ———————————————————————————————
    Mike Wobschall does a great job staying positive.

8. By Frederick Jones on Oct 29, 2010 | Reply

Brett Favre. ——Innocent until proven guilty—————not a clever comment———————time will tell———————————————————–
    Waiting until gameday to declare who starts————————————
    ————————probably smart——————C’MON MAN!!!

9. By Frederick Jones on Oct 29, 2010 | Reply

Really I just like to say————-C’mon Man!

10. By fire childress on Oct 29, 2010 | Reply

Fred, most of the players in the box are people Chilly brought in with him when he got hired as head coach, so ultimately-yes it’s Chilly fault !!!!!!!

11. By fire childress on Oct 29, 2010 | Reply

think before you write fred

12. By fire childress on Oct 29, 2010 | Reply

Mike W. is related to Chilly. he will be gone when Chilly gets fired

13. By fire childress on Oct 29, 2010 | Reply

Bill B. has a excellent staff. that in part is what makes hime a hall of fame coach. chilly is a sub-par coach and has a sub-par staff in the box. he should of been gone yesterday

14. By Kris on Oct 29, 2010 | Reply

Deanna is simply amazing. Her beauty, eliquence and faith, a breadth of fresh air and simply remarakable.

I have nothing but respect for her and Bret for standing with her through this journey.

Blessings to you both.

15. By David on Oct 29, 2010 | Reply

Like I have said before, this website has way too many errors in the writing– look at paragraph three– DEANNA becomes DIANNA — in a story that is so serious and personal– how can you change her name? AND then it goes back to her real name again. This organization needs some improvement from the top to bottom to be excellent from the coaching to maintaining the integrity of the website
    BUT I will say this– This article about DEANNA Favre and her breast cancer triumph and her subsequent every day victories– is NO PLACE FOR CHILLY BASHING– take it to another blog– have some class.

16. By KDB on Oct 29, 2010 | Reply

fire childress – Where do you work (if you do)? Then maybe I’ll be able to come there and complain about your work ethic. I’m assuming it’s not good since all I read all day on these blogs is you crying about Childress.

17. By fire childress on Oct 30, 2010 | Reply

KDB, i don’t make several million per year to coach a team on a sub-par level, that what Chilly does. and i do very well at my job, no complaints, if fact i get big a bonus every 3 months i do my job so well. put that in your pipe and smoke it

18. By Derek on Oct 30, 2010 | Reply

I want to work for this site because you guys need some work::

If someone sends you something in the Monday morning mail bag, with a legitimate question such as:
    “Why didn’t Childress challenge the Green Bay touchdown that obviously wasn’t a catch?” You guys willl just justify it. “Why did we trade away Sage Rosenfels, when he was OBVIOUSLY the better backup than Tarvaris Jackson?” You guys will just justify the trade. “Why did we trade Darius Reynaud who could give our team a spark on special teams when our offense is struggling?” You guys will just justify it. “Why don’t we throw the ball to Adrian Peterson more often when we all know that he thrives in open space once he gets past the line of scrimmage?” You guys will just say BLA BLA BLA Adrian Peterson has more catches this year than he had last year up to this point BLA.

And the fire childress guy is right. Childress is probably the main person holding this team down. Not challenging that touchdown in Green Bay, letting the clock run out in the first half……… If he can’t win the Superbowl (with Brett Favre- the greatest qb of all time, Randy Moss- the 2nd best receiver of all time, Adrian Peterson- the best running back currently in the NFL) then he needs to go. If we had any other coach in the NFL we would have a better record.

Childress gets credit for our team doing well, but the main reason we have a good team is because of our players, not Childress, but since we have good players he gets the glory. Zygi Wilf (team owner) is really the main reason we have a good team because he has gone out and brought in these great players like Jared Allen, Brett Favre, and Randy Moss. I GUARANTEE IF WE WOULD HAVE HAD ZYGI WILF WHEN DENNY GREEN WAS THE COACH INSTEAD OF RED MCCOMBS, THE VIKINGS WOULD HAVE AT LEAST ONE SUPERBOWL.

Childress doesn’t have the respect of his players or the fans for two reasons:

1. He doesn’t have any intensity at all, he’s a horrible speaker, I wouldn’t respect him if he was my coach, he can’t motivate the players, he just doesn’t have the right personality.

2. He makes horrible decisions. I know that Bevell (offensive coordinator) might be making the play calls, but I have a feeling that Childress has the last call and we just don’t mix the plays up well, we are way too predictable. Childress is clinging to Tarvaris Jackson like a person clings to the person they lost their virginity to, Tarvaris OBVIOUSLY doesn’t have what it takes to be a successful player in this league. He and everyone else knew that Favre is 41, and therefore injury prone because his body is so old, so HE KNEW that it was highly likely that the backup QB would have to play some snaps. EVERYONE saw that Sage Rosenfels was superior to Tarvaris! But no Childress is so stuck on Tarvaris because he drafted him. I mean with Tarvaris we have NO chance of winning a superbowl.

GIVE ME A JOB ON THIS WEBSITE

19. By TWVIKE on Oct 30, 2010 | Reply

Derek-It might be long and drawn out, but I totally agree with what you are saying.

20. By TWVIKE on Oct 30, 2010 | Reply

David- Take it easy, lets focus on this Sunday. How are you?

21. By Bryan on Oct 30, 2010 | Reply

God bless the Favre family. My best friend and his family stayed at the Ronald McDonold house when his 8 year old daughter battled lukemia, a fight she eventually lost. 8 YEARS OLD!!! So, I just wanted to say thanks to the Favre’s for their generous donation and all the Vikings players that have donated their time and money to this cause.

22. By Bruce on Oct 30, 2010 | Reply

Just like to thank Brett & Deanna for their generosity in helping the less fortunate out. if everyone in this world who had resources did that we would have a much better world.

23. By WTF on Oct 30, 2010 | Reply

Derek – You’re a moron. Sage was NOT by any means the obvois better option over Jackson. Preseason IS NOT a justifiable means to compare QBs. Use the players’ history and you will see that Jackson is the better option in REAL GAMES. This is ESPECIALLY TRUE when you compare their statistics as a starter. Sage has been a backup for the majority of his career, and his stats are improved by all the opportunities that he has gotten in GARBAGE TIME when the outcome of the game was already set in stone.

I agree that Childress is not the only reason that we have good players, BUT THE TEAM OWNER HAS LESS TO SAY ABOUT IT. Rick Speilman, the VP Of Player Personnel has more to say about new acquisitions than anybody. All that team owners do is give the final “yay’ or ‘nay’ (since they are the ones writing the check) about the decision after Personnel people do all the work in tracking down, reviewing and negotiating contracts with trades and free agents.

Childress doesn’t have the respect of his FANS for the reasons you stated. As far as the players go, have you heard any of them speak out about their disrespect for Chilly? If not, then you don’t have a clue as to what respect any of them have for Childress (and I can GUARANTEE you that they do not all have the same level of respect for him or the same reasons for their levels).

24. By fire childress on Oct 30, 2010 | Reply

Derek, the job on this site might be yours. Mike W. is related to Chilly. if Chilly hits the road -Mike W. won’t be far behind !

25. By David on Oct 30, 2010 | Reply

TW– I am good– My friend of 30+years just experienced this firsthand this summer- his wife had breast cancer and surgery, but doing well now– So, this blog and what it is about strikes home with me- not that I disagree with every comment– BUT we should stick to the topic under the blog heading- and cancer is a serious issue-and not to be confused with football– win or lose, life goes on—- ANYWAY– that game last week was a heart-breaker– just like every game this season, we could have won it, should have — but could have, should have won’t cut it. Tomorrow at New England really is the season — I always believe till the end, but this is it– a very pivotal point. If we win against a top team on the road, we are back — otherwise, well, we may see Wilfs take some action and make some changes– I don’t think the owners will put up with another loss.

26. By fire childress on Oct 30, 2010 | Reply

i agree. if we lose to New England, changes will be made. me and TWVIIKE believe they will bring Bud Grant in. i think he would be a inspiration to the playerts and i think we would win the last 9 games !

27. By David on Oct 30, 2010 | Reply

I hope we win and don’t have to find out– what about Jimmy Johnson?

28. By TWVIKE on Oct 30, 2010 | Reply

David-I am glad your frends wife is doing okay! I have a fellow co-worker that has found out very recently that he has prostrate cancer, so I know how you feel. Prayers for the both of them.

29. By fire childress on Oct 30, 2010 | Reply

i don’t like Jimmy Johnson. personal. he coached the cowboys and i’ve hated the Cowboys since age 5

30. By David on Oct 30, 2010 | Reply

Ha ha ha– I have always been an anti-Cowboy too– but if we had a Parcells, or Johnson, we would have three or more Superbowl victories since the 1998 season with the players we have had– that is guaranteed. Johnson knows how to win– last week was a debacle — we won that game, even with the interceptions.

31. By David on Oct 30, 2010 | Reply

Thanks TW– yes, I have seen cancer take someone close, it takes away a person’s dignity– nasty, insidious– just plain evil.
    So hats off to Deanna, and giving back– more blessed to give, than receive.

32. By fire childress on Oct 30, 2010 | Reply

yes we did win that game. Chilly has a knack of just finding some way to lose. it’s too bad we didn’t address the head coaching issue last year. i’m not even sure if a proven winner like Parcells could salvage a 2-5 season if we lose Sunday.

33. By TWVIKE on Oct 30, 2010 | Reply

fire childress and David- We won the game but did not get the Victory. Favre is going to start Sunday and he,AP,Percy,Moss,Berrian(yes Berrian),& Shanc are going to make this happen. This will be the game that gets us over the hump. The O-line IS going to do their JOB by protecting Favre and opening holes for AP. The D-line is going to get to Brady and stop the run. Jared is going to register 2-4 sacks. The D will also come up with 3 turn-overs. Special teams will not allow any returns longer than 15 yards. Chilly will continue to pick his nose and let this team win.

34. By Derek on Oct 30, 2010 | Reply

I agree with you TWVIKE! Keep up the positivity! We started out 2-4 in 1999 and we still made the playoffs and probably would have gone to the Super Bowl if it weren’t for Kurt Warner’s Rams.

The Patriots haven’t faced a running back like Adrian Peterson or a player like Percy Harvin. The Patriots defense has gone down ever since they got caught stealing signals (what a strange coincidence). The Patriots do not have much of a run game on offense and they don’t really have any wide receivers who are gonna burn you deep now that Moss is gone. Now they rely heavily on the play of their tight ends and the short passing game, but we have some tremendous linebackers in EJ Henderson and Chad Greenway who should give their tight ends a tough time getting open.

I agree 100% I see a Vikings win coming.

35. By David on Oct 30, 2010 | Reply

Hallelujah — I totally agree– every week I am expecting a victory- I was just saying if for some reason not–I think Chilly is gone. Moss is going to single-handily beat the Pats– expect three TDs from him and a couple from Adrian. This is a win that will set the stage– what a boost in confidence to beat an “elite” team — actually I saw the first part of the San Diego game last week — was really surprised to see the end result later– at first looked like Pats were invincible– they are beatable– you are right– the running game will be effective. Cannot wait– 24 hours 45 minutes.

36. By WTF on Oct 30, 2010 | Reply

24 hours 15 minutes! I am always excited for game day, but unless things really get changed quickly, I don’t think we’ll win this one. I HOPE I’m WRONG!!!

37. By fire childress on Oct 30, 2010 | Reply

for some reason we always start slow. i think that is a reflection on our coach, being way too conservative. i think if we start fast, score the 1st touchdown, we will win

38. By WTF on Oct 30, 2010 | Reply

Pats are without question tougher than the Dolphins or Packers (the jury is still out on the Saints), and Chilly found a way to lose to both of them, so I’m a bit pessimistic this week. Unless the team does so good as to not leave any play in question and not give up the rock, I expect to be screaming at the TV all afternoon.

39. By David on Oct 30, 2010 | Reply

I just posted on the Patriots’ website under their blog on Moss- check it out– I was a bit optimistic but they will spot a Vikings fan– hee hee.

40. By PeteeBeanz on Oct 30, 2010 | Reply

I Believe Farve needs to let Jackson step up, and realize that he’s not healthy enough to finish the season or win the games. Sometimes a great leader needs to step down if he wants to accomplish victory. Im a VIKING for life, no matter who starts.

41. By TWVIKE on Oct 30, 2010 | Reply

I went over and tried to bet a six pack.

42. By moorevikes on Oct 30, 2010 | Reply

just read on nfl.com that favre expects to start sunday. “ankle has healed significantly”, well if it isn’t 100% it shouldn’t be a question as to whether he rides the pine. i could care less about 292 games. the only numbers i care about are the 10 int’s and what 5 fumbles, numerous bad throws, and all the points off those turnovers. f@#k it i hope he starts and on the first play they rip his ankle off. maybe he’ll learn to play when he’s at least close to 100% and not just to extend some stupid record. to those who will say, “he’s playing to give us the best chance at winning.” does him hobbling around like a cripple throwing int after int really give us the best chance? don’t think so. if we win it we be because of a.p., def, favre sitting on the bench, and because chilly didn’t have to make any big decisions. if someone said i’ll give you 10-1 odds 1000.00 bet who wins who do you bet on?

43. By vikeman1 on Oct 30, 2010 | Reply

I thought the topic on this blog was the Favre 4 hope foundation? I hope 4 Favre not to play. Childress is a great Coach. Go T-Jack! Go Vikes!

44. By fire childress on Oct 31, 2010 | Reply

chilly willy willy won’t
    go home
    but you can’t cause chilly won’t
    chilly won’t go
    tried telling everyone
    but wooo noo
    chilly willy willy won’t
    go home !!!!
    chorus

45. By WTF on Oct 31, 2010 | Reply

fire childress – I liked your idea so much that I went aheád and wrote a parody for the entire song. I changed it to “Little Phìlly Chilly” since we took him off of Philadelphia’s hands:

Moss tried, Favre tried,
    Little Phìlly Chilly wears them down and all the Vikings in town,
    Running or Throwing
    Chilly drives them crazy with his plays and that lacklùster frown

Favre pássed once and was feeling alright
    Then he convinced Chilly that he can last all night
    1st Down, 2nd down, fail another down.

‘Cause little Phílly Chilly won’t . . . GO HOME!
    But you can’t push Chilly out,
    Chilly won’t go!
    Try forcin’ Zigi’s hand but, oh no!
    Little Phîlly Chilly won’t . . . GO HOME!

Up-field, down-field,
    Little Phïlly Chilly drives them mad with his dùmbed-down style,
    inside, outside, Chilly just looks silly with his complete utter lack of guìle

No one will give Chilly a chance at all,
    But laugh Chilly laugh, he don’t care at all
    1st Down, 2nd down, fail another down.

‘Cause little Phîlly Chilly won’t . . . GO HOME!
    But you can’t push Chilly out,
    Chilly won’t go!
    Try forcin’ Zigi’s hand but, oh no!
    Little Phìlly Chilly won’t . . . GO HOME!

Little Phïlly Chilly won’t
    Chilly won’t, Chilly won’t
    Little Phîlly Chilly won’t
    Chilly won’t, Chilly won’t
    Little Phílly Chilly won’t
    Chilly won’t, Chilly won’t
    Little Phìlly Chilly won’t
    Chilly won’t, Chilly won’t

Little Phïlly Chilly won’t . . . GO HOME!
    But you can’t push Chilly out,
    Chilly won’t go!
    Try forcin’ Zigi’s hand but, oh no!
    Little Phîlly Chilly won’t . . . GO HOME!

Little Phílly Chilly won’t . . . GO HOME!
    But you can’t push Chilly out,
    Chilly won’t go!
    Try forcin’ Zigi’s hand but, oh no!
    Little Phìlly Chilly won’t . . . GO HOME!

(fade out)
    Little Phïlly Chilly won’t . . . GO HOME!
    But you can’t push Chilly out,
    Chilly won’t go!
    Try forcin’ Zigi’s hand but, oh no!

46. By fire childress on Oct 31, 2010 | Reply

WTF—-love it !! thank you !!!

47. By TWVIKE on Oct 31, 2010 | Reply

WTF- Nice job!!!! A+ across the board.

48. By Frederick Jones on Oct 31, 2010 | Reply

PMA all the way!!!

2. Oct 29, 2010: Favre For Hope Foundation Reaches Out In Minneapolis-Area | Vikings Stop Blog