Sunny Side Up – What Looked Good In Green Bay

Posted by Mike Wobschall on October 25, 2010 – 11:02 am

It’s natural to be negative coming off a tough loss like that in Green Bay where we had opportunities slip through our grasp numerous times. And there are some things for the negatives out there to harp on, but let’s take a look at a few positives from Sunday night’s game…

– Fans. The Vikings faithful were well-represented at Lambeau Field on Sunday night and I appreciated seeing that. Those Vikings fans in attendance nearly saw an improbable upset and come-from-behind victory that would’ve been the highlight of their season. Going into Lambeau Field and winning is a great feeling and the Vikings almost did it again this year. There were tons of Vikings fans there that would’ve enjoyed it.

– Adrian Peterson. Another reason the loss is so tough to take is that Peterson had such a good game, both running the football catching it. Green Bay couldn’t stop him and when all was said and done Peterson had 131 yards and 1 TD on 28 carries along with 41 receiving yards on 2 receptions, including a huge 15-yard reception with under a minute to go in the game. Peterson was breaking tackles, running away from defenders and slicing up Green Bay’s defense. Also the offensive line was run blocking well to open up holes for Peterson. The Vikings ground game is in good shape as we head to New England next week.

– Percy Harvin. What a monster for the Vikings, both on offense and special teams. Harvin lines up in the slot, in the backfield, out wide, he motions, he shifts, he’s a dangerous kickoff returner. On Sunday night Harvin had 41 rushing yards (and a 17-yard TD) on 3 carries, he had 65 receiving yards on 5 receptions and he had 81 kickoff return yards on 3 tries. And he nearly had a dramatic game-winning grab in the back of the endzone that would’ve haunted Green Bay for years. As good as it is to see Harvin carve up defenses, it’s just as good to see the Vikings coaching staff’s ability to properly utilize him.

– Antoine Winfield. He’ll go a bit unnoticed because he didn’t have any splash plays, but he was terrific against Green Bay. Winfield played a lot in the slot and that means he played a lot against WR Donald Driver, and Driver was held without a catch. He’s one of Green Bay’s most reliable offensive weapons and he’s had a catch in over 100 straight games, but Winfield took him out of the equation.

– Offensive line. I thought Vikings QB Brett Favre had good protection for most of the night. In combination with RBs and TEs, the Vikings offensive line did a good job of picking up Green Bay’s blitzes and they did an excellent job of run blocking for Peterson and Toby Gerhart. This part of the Vikings has taken on some criticism as of late and against Green Bay they were solid. I can’t help but think that part of it is because of C John Sullivan’s return to the lineup.

– Toby Gerhart. It’s been a bit of a slow start for Gerhart since he arrived here last spring, but that’s the best I’ve seen Gerhart look. He did a great job with blitz pickup and pass protection and he had a nice burst with the ball in his hands. Gerhart had 24 yards on 5 carries and he also had a 6-yard reception. More important than those numbers, though, is that Gerhart looked quick and comfortable with the ball. I like what I saw from him and I look forward to watching him continue to develop.

– Creating turnovers. The Vikings defense has been very good in 2010, but the one criticism they’ve taken on has to do with creating turnovers. But against Green Bay they forced 1 fumble and also intercepted QB Aaron Rodgers twice. The Vikings play great “bend-but-don’t-break” defense, which is great, but a key to that style of defense is ultimately coming up with turnovers after stretching out the opponent’s drive. That’s what they were able to do against Green Bay and it’s something they’ll need to continue to do going forward.

– Chad Greenway. He led all defenders in the game with 12 tackles and he also forced a fumble. Three of Greenway’s 12 tackles came for a loss, too. He’s been all over the field this year and last night was no exception. Going a step further, Greenway has come off of 2 serious knee injuries, which is exactly what CB Cedric Griffin is doing right now. Griffin needs to look no further than his very own teammate for inspiration in his rehab.

Tags: , , , , ,

140 Responses to “Sunny Side Up – What Looked Good In Green Bay”

1. By Karen on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Fire Childress!!!!!!!!!!

2. By TossChillyNow!! on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

DITTO!!!!!!!

3. By Kris Boesel on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Even though I feel sick just thinking about the loss lastnight. I still will continue to hold my head high as a Vikings fan!

I still believe in this team. I believe we can turn things around, make the playoffs and bring home the Lombardi Trophy!

My concern is about the players, If only there was some way to let them know- there are some fans out there that believe in them.

I am looking forward to a Victory in New England and from here on out. As for the poor pathetic Packers. Payback in November- you will NOT defeat us on our turf!!!

Go get em Vikes!!

4. By matt on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Im still going to root for them, but I know this season is down the toilet. Guess we will see if childress gets fired next year and have to hope we can do something next year.

5. By vikingsfan4life on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

the vikings suck, and favre needs to go home season is over thanks to favre !!!

6. By Lisa C on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Thanks Mike! We all needed something positive to read, and looking back there were some great plays. Next week the Vikes will be in my neck of the woods, and I hope they blow out the Pats, and I can really enjoy watching with all my friends who are crazed Pats fans. Hope Edwards and Allen get after Brady; he doesn’t like to be pushed around, or perish the thought, having anything happen to that pretty face.
    Skol and thanks for keeping us informed.

7. By vikingsfan4life on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

3 int’s and one ran back for a TD and that what did us in , and yes we owe it all to the int king himself brett favre, if the vikings don’t bench favre now the season is over and you can send favre home where he belongs..legend, icon of the nfl yes but he is just to “OLD” to even be playing this year and it’s the vikings fault for bringing him back this year..so if we have a losing seasom like we are then blame favre the coach’s the wilf family whoever you want to blame but if they don’t bench favre now the season is over and thats the bottom line vikings fans !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! put Tjack in there he can’t do any more damage because the damage is already done we are 2-4 and we play NE next week ..we go 2-5 not good…

8. By GOLDVIKE on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

I HATE TO SAY IT BECAUSE THE SCORE BOARD DOESN’T REFLECT IT BUT THAT WAS THE BEST GAME WE PLAYED AS ATEAM THIS YEAR. WE USED ALL OF OUR TALENT THE ONLY REASON WE LOST WAS BAD CALLS AND SHANK’S TOUCHDOWN BEING CALLED BACK. I STILL THINK IF WE WERE SCARED AT THE END OF THE HALF WE STILL SHOULD OF LET THE CLOCK RUN DOWN TILL ABOUT 6 SECONDS LEFT AND CALLED A TIME OUT AND GAVE MOSS A SHOT ONE MORE TIME I MEAN IF WERE NOT GOING TO USE HIM WHY DID WE GET HIM!!!!!

9. By Julien on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Season over???? We are just getting through with the hardest part of are schedule and we have 4 loses…I guarantee We will beat everyone in our division from this point on..Thats 4 wins..And patriots offence looks horrible without randy..Randy alone will blow them up next week…Don’t give up on the season..We are going on a winning streak. And LOL To Green bays coaches face when he thought percy caught that game winning pass…HAHAHAHA

Fan All The way from Oklahoma—Julien

10. By vikingsfan4life on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

we got moss to try to make favre look good this season and it didn’t work !!! moss is in his final year of his contract and he will play football with another team next year and it won’t be the vikings watch and see he will go some where where he has a chance to win the superbowl and that’s not with the vikings I am sorry to say..they paid favre way to much money this year for us to be 2-4 and then went out and made a trade for moss to boot, this season is a ‘JOKE” !!!!! oh well there is always next season I guess lol…………….and the funny thing is watch the vikings will try to bring back favre again next year lol..

11. By PackBacker on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Vike fans are a bunch of whiners! Favre is the best quarterback they’ve got. There are always calls the refs make in every game against these two rivalries. The games are usually within 4 points by the final score so ref calls are just that much more to factor in. Vikes need to feed AP more to keep opposing offenses off the field.

12. By GOLDVIKE on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

THE SEASON IS A LONG WAY FROM OVER!!!

13. By Bruce on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Ummm, a minute left on the clock and we have 2 or 3 timeouts left??? Hmm what should I do? Move the ball down the field, use the sidelines, use the timeouts wisely and score right before halftime giving us a good lead and confidence going into the second half OR just run some running plays to run the clock out, waste our timeouts and start the second half with no lead and have the sports announcers, reporters and my players shake their heads at me wondering why I don’t want to try and score points when the oppritunity is there? Ummm I guess I will hope for the best in the second half pretend this was a 14 minute quarter instead of 15 minutes like I have done in the past and gave up scoring oppritunities. I mean really, what do these sports announcers who have been broadcasting games for close 30 years know or the sports reporters who asl the right questions know or my Hall of Fame players who throw their arms up in disbelief know? Because I am Brad Childress and I know better than everyone and I would rather NOT score unless I really have to because I have no clue about the game of football!

14. By fire childress on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

there is nothing green in this loss Mike Wobshall. our playoffs hopes went down to almost nothing

15. By brian on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

childress really needs to be fired!!! now that we are 2-5 lets see childress put in his experiment (t. jackson) childress kept saying he didnt have any reason to cut jackson because he didnt have many plays with the first stringers so lets see it now. put favre in for a few plays so he can keep his record going but then put in jackson. maybe favre can help make him a qb.

16. By vikingsfan4life on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

hey PackBacker get you $ss out of here and go post on the packers site, you guys didn’t look any better then the vikings did favre gave you guys the game with his 3 int’s because you know what the packers suck as well ….if they bench favre like they should we will see the packers again in a few weeks ok little girl..

17. By fire childress on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

childress presser<<<>>><< welll.ummmm…lets see..did we lose? as far as i know we won..there must of been a mal-function in the scoreboard in lambo field

18. By Brad only coaches 14 min quarters! on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Like I said, I’m not happy with those bad choices that Favre made (BTW, last years Super Bowl MVP Drew Brees also has 10 interceptions this year) but I am a LOT LOT LOT more upset with Childress! He calls for a run play with a minute left and timeouts on the clock because he doesn’t want to try and score points and that is the most unexcusable action that a coach could make. And he embarra s s e s us as fans because the announcers and the reporters and the players are all like WTF is wrong with you? And Childress has pulled this same S H I T beofre and I hope our owners pull him aside and tell him that if there is even the slioghtest chance of scoring points which could win games then I want you to try and score points unless we have a big winning margin! Childrss just doesn’t get it, he a narcissist and he is costing us games! FIRE HIM
    AND IM GOING TO KEEP POSTING THIS OVER THIS NEXT WEEK UNTIL THE OWNERS GET ON CHILDRESS’S A S S FOR THROWING AWAY OPPRITUNITIES TO SCORE POINTS AND EMBARRASSING US FANS ON NATIONAL TV!!!

19. By fire childress on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

clilly presser<<<>>>><< well…ummmm…heck i make the same money if we win or lose….and nothing was my fault…as usual…

20. By vikingsfan4life on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

brian we are 2-4 not 2-5 it will be 2-5 when NE beats us next week because we couldn’t even beat the packers so we won’t even beat NE sorry to say..

21. By Chris on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

The Vikes are not the team of last year. Favre is older, the D-line is not getting the sacks and the secondary has too many holes. The only thing that seems the same is the incredably inept head coach. Against the Saints, 2 forth down calls when we had easy firldgoals, we get neither and lose 14-9. Those two chip shots by one of the best kickers in the game, wewin 15-14, and why not go for two after Moss’ TD and cut the defict to 3 last night? Childman needs to give up the play calling to someone with more imagination. Tough breaks against the Fins but we should be 5-1. Got outplayed by the jets. But a coaches job during the game is to give the players the best chances to win, not hinder them. If he wont give up the play calling than management should act. This is getting embarrissing.

22. By fire childress on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

clilly presser<<>>><< welll…….ummmmm..i missed that play when green bay scored and dropped the ball…i thought my assistant coach was responsible for throwing the red flag… i'm going to have to talk to him about that…..

23. By fire childress on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

clilly presser<>><< welll…….ummmmm….lose game but no cigar i guess…….maybe we can just buy that cigar…..

24. By fire childress on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

clilly presser<>><< welll…….ummmmm…….we run the clock out in the 2nd quarter because we were afraid of a blocked punt……… even though it only happens maybe 1 time every 5 years…. maybe we will run off the field with 2 minutes left next week just to play it REAL safe…….

25. By fire childress on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

clilly presser><< welll…….ummmmm………..maybe next week we just won't show up for the game…and default….that sounds even more safe……..

26. By fire childress on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

clilly presser><< welll…….ummmmm………..i hope i don't get fired…….i was going to go to the hair club for men and get a dew……….

27. By fire childress on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

clilly presser><< welll…….ummmmm………..i'm not sure i can answer any questions tonight…did we just play a football game??

28. By vikingsfan4life on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

whats really sad about this season is , we have so many probowl players on the vikings roster and they just can’t get it done it’s sad but true, no it don’t help when your QB gives the game away because of INT’s it’s that simple get rid of the problem with the INT’s and the vikings just might win a game or two and how do you do that ???? you put a QB in the games that can get out of the pocket and make some plays…………..sorry oldman favre is not that QB this year I am sorry to say..keep playing favre this year and we go 2-14 at best this season..was it worth bringing favre back this year ?????????????????? I say “NO” ………………………………….

29. By evalu8er on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Not challenging the first GB TD is what lost the game right there. If that had been turned over, as it would have been, we would have kept a lead all game and Brett would not have been trying so hard to create SOMETHING. Drew Brees three 3 pick sixes and another INT yesterday. Do you think his coach threw him under the bus? To me, the sign Chilly does not belong in his job was that presser. he does not know how to relate to leaders, and to so publicly diss Favre…that is so unprofessional and unforgivable. For those wanting Favre to go home, be careful what you wish for. What good will Randy Moss do with Tjack. harvin has some great runbacks, but other times he has no get up and go and is not where Favre expects him because he quit running. Favre shows no age in his game calling, the head coach just does not let him use it.

30. By fire childress on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

chilly presser<<<>>>>>> well…..ummmmmm….i have to cut this presser short because the Wilf family wants to talk to me…..hopefully they want to give me a raise….

31. By Derek on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

It seems like Peterson & Harvin are the only one that are trying to get the team to win. Peterson is doing a great this year at running and receiving, and Harvin is running back kickoffs for TD’s, or getting a good run back. He’s also running the ball for TD’s, and making great TD catches. Everyone else just seems to be out there, with Peterson & Harvin the only ones that are playing their hearts out!

32. By Meekay on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

IMO…

I’m happy because if you take bad calls and Chilly out of the equation, and the team won that game. I have no doubt that the season will look much better from here on out.

33. By Stoney on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

There is no reason to think the vikes will beat the pats on the road next week. Stick a fork in us we’re done.

34. By fire childress on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

clilly presser><< welll…….ummmmm………..actually my IQ is below 70……so i'm not all there…ya know what i'm saying?……but i'm still making a ton of money even with half a brain…..i hope the Wilf family don't find out… i forgot my water bottle, so i can't do this presser tonight….

35. By michandre on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

I would have loved for this one to have been a ‘W’, but some good football beyond some of things that make officiating an imperfect sport in and of itself.

36. By SHAWN on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

I love how all the vike fans are screaming about Chilly’s EGO, but what about our fans EGO??!! It’s just so hard for n e one ta place blame on HOLY FAVRE!! He had a good season..LAST year…I would luv ta see what the fans would say if T-Jak was in…had 10 piks..alot of em for pik-6’s…and a record of 2-4.
    Call it like u see it…bad calls or not…we should have won that game…last wk…but Favre keeps throwin pik-6’s on 1st and 3rd down…I dont care wat n e of u say T-jak neva avg. 2 piks a game….

37. By Laylaj on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

I will not give up on the Vikings – or Brett Favre — does anyone REMEMBER what happened last year???? We need to be behind our team and the quarterback; we are the fans and that is our team. I have faith in them, and am proud to be a fan of the Minnesota Vikings!!!

38. By SHAWN on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Also give it a F’in rest wit tha Chilly Sh*t…He is far from tha best coach in tha NFL, but I have ta give him his props…He pulled tha impossible bringing Moss back…He got u ur golden boi FAVRE…he can’t play for them…And yah I agree wit his passive play calling at tha end of tha half…simple cuz FAVRE would’ve had 4 piks instead of 3 trying ta make sumthing else happen

39. By Bruce on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

HEY SHAWN, LAST YEAR’S SUPERBOWL MVP THREW FOUR INTERCEPTIONS YESTERDAY, SO YOU HEAR THE SAINTS FANS TURNING ON HIM? BTW, BREES IS ALSO TIED WITH FAVRE FOR MOST INTERCEPTIONS! WE WOULD HAVE WON THAT GAME IF WE HAD A COACH WHO COACHED A FULL 15 MINUTE QUARTER AND WHO KNEW HOW TO CHALLENGE TOUCHDOWNS LIKE MCCARTHY KNOWS HOW!!!

40. By Bruce on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

AND GUESS WHAT ELSE SHAWN? BRAD HAS DONE THAT SAME EXACT THING IN GAMES WHERE BRETT IS THROWING NO PICKS AND COMPLETING 70%!!! BRAD WOULD RATHER RUUN THE CLOCK OUT INSTEAD OF TRY AND SCORE POINTS, THAT IS HIS NORMAL SELF!!!!!!

41. By SHAWN on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

lol…Hey BRUCE …u cant compare FAVRE ta BREES…BREES is 10 times better than FAVRE…BREES also doesn’t throw 2 Ints EVERY game…and BREES BEAT us last yr….And if BREES plays til he is FAVRE’s age he will be tha greatest ta do it…And Im not turning on FAVRE …u either produce or u don’t…

42. By Bruce on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

WHEN YOU HAVE SPORTS ANNOUNCERS WHP HAVE BROADCASTED CLOSE TO 30 YEARS, AND FIELD REPORTERS WHO ARE PAID TO ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS AND HALL OF FAME PLAYERS THROWING THEIR ARMS UP IN DISBELIEF AS TO WHY BRAD JUST RUNS THE CLOCK OUT WITH PLENTY OF TIME AND TIME OUTS TO SCORE POINTS ON A CLOSE GAME, WELL GUESS WHAT SHAWN, THEY CAN’T BE ALL WRONG!!!

43. By GREG on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

I AM BORN AND RAISED IN WISCONSIN AND A PACKER FAN FOR OVER 50 YEARS. THE VIKINGS WERE ON THE RECEIVING END OF SOME BAD CALLS BY THE REFS AND MANY NO CALLS AGAINST THE PACKERS. THE VIKINGS PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE WON BY ALL FAIRNESS. I AM ALSO STILL A BRETT FAVRE FAN AND LOOKING AT THE VIKINGS SCHEDULE I BELIEVE THE VIKINGS WILL END UP WITH 10 WINS AND 6 LOSSES. DON’T THROW FARVE UNDER THE BUS QUITE YET.

44. By Bruce on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

HEY SHAWN, I JUST DID COMPARE FAVRE TO BREES AND FAVRE WAS THE NUMBER #2 RATED QUARTERBACK LAST YEAR RIGHT BEHIND BRESS!!! AND BREES HAS 10 INTERCEPTIONS THIS YEAR AND THAT SUPERBOWL TEAM IS LODING GAMES BUT DO YOU SEE THE SAINTS FANS TURNING ON HIM FOR NOT PRODUCING?

45. By fire childress on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

go away Shawn, nobody on here wants to read your CR AP

46. By Bruce on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

LOSING*

47. By GREG on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

HMMM DREW BREES HAD 4 PICKS YESTERDAY!

48. By Bruce on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

THE MAIN PROBLEM IS NOT FAVRE, FAVRE MAY MAKE A FEW BAD THROWS BUT AT LEAST HE IS TRYING FOR A FULL 60 MINUTES OF THE GAME AND HAS PUT US WITHIN WINNING THE GAME DESPITE A FEW BAD THROWS. THE PROBLEM IS OUR HEAD COACH WHO IS AFRAID OF HIS OWN SHADOW AND WOULD RATHER GIVE AWAY TIMEOUTS AND BURN THE CLOCK UP AND NOT CHALLENGE TOUCHDOWNS BECAUSE HE IS SO INSECURE THAT HE MIGHT MAKE A MISTAKE. BUT HE ENDS UP MAKING BIGGER MISTAKES WHILE TRYING TO AVOID OTHER MISTAKES. HE IS THE MOST CONSERVATIVE COACH IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL! HE HAS NO B A L L S WHAT SO EVER!

49. By Bruce on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

YES HE DID GREG AND HE IS TIED WITH BRETT FOR THE MOST INTERCEPTIONS AT 10, IRONIC, THE 2 TOP RATED QBS OF LAST YEAR LEADING THE PACK WITH INTERCEPTIONS THIS YEAR. BUT I HAVE FAITH IN FAVRE, I JUST HAVE NONE IN CHILDRESS ESPECIALLY AFTER HE EMBARRASSED US ON NATIONAL TV LAST NIGHT.

50. By vikingsfan4life on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

you know favre didn’t want to play this season, and the vikings were out to do whatever it took to seal their season this year and make it to the superbowl, they send players to favre’s house to get him and bring him back, if he wanted to come back he would have came back on his own don’t ya think? and favre says he came back to do what he didin’t do last season and make it all right for his “TEAMMATES” being the vikings and take them to the superbowl because of what happen last season with the saints. i have loved watching favre over the years and last year with him was just great as a viking and he is a awesome player and his stats prove that but hey even kurt warner knew when to call it quits…vikings should have just left him alone and moved on at the QB spot, got one in the draft or traded for one either way they should have moved on..so yes you can’t just blame favre for the vikings being 2-4 it all of the vikings fault players, wilf family, coach’s etc………and as for the vikings “D” i have no idea whats up with them not even one sack on green bay, last year they killed them. so yes let’s just say the vikings are where they are at because of the ‘VIKINGS”…………………………………………

51. By SHAWN on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

HHMMM BREES also has 4 wins..post a survey…FARVE or BREES n see how many LOYAL FAVRE fans are in Minnesota

52. By Trish on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Try challenging the Pack’s second TD coach!!

53. By Brad only coaches 14 min quarters! on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

54. By Bruce on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

HEY SHAWN, YOU ACT AS THOUGH OUR TEAM HAS BEEN BLOWN OUT THOSE 4 LOSSES. WHY DON’T YOU EDUCATE YOURSELF AND SEE HOW CLOSE THOSE GAMES WERE.

55. By matt on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

This season is over. Our secondary is back to sucking and teams will continue to burn us through the pass. The viking swill be lucky to make it out of this season a .500 team

56. By SHAWN on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Chilly does suk…but he is at least giving tha VIKES and Fans wat they want when it comes to bringing in talent…I don’t kno if Chilly makes tha Offensive calls so I cant blame him for that….hopefully they turn it around…but Favre must be benched if he plays another half like this…

57. By Mike G on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

There were alot of positives to come out of that game. Alot of great play out of the skill position players and the O-Line really stepped up. We are 2 games behind Chicago. Things are starting to click. A lot of Home games left on the schedule. Limit the turnovers and rev up the defense. We need to get after the Patriots.

58. By Bruce on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

AMAZING HOW BRAD THROWS BRETT UNDER THE BUS BUT ALWAYS MAKES EXCUSE FOR HIS POOR COACHING DECISIONS!

59. By SHAWN on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

BRUCE….only a true loser would compare losing….last time I checked it doesn’t matter how much u lose by…a “L” is a “L” is a “L”….if we would have won and a packer fan was on our site sayin they barely lost….wat would u say….so educate YOURSELF homie!! …ur an idiot!!…

60. By Bruce on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

I have watched Brett and other quartebacks play this game for years and there have been hundreds of times where a quarterback works the clock and the sidelines and the timeouts to score with less than a minute on the clock. I have seen Favre do that plenty of times with Green Bay but I have not seen him do that even one time with Brad because bRad would rather run the clock off and that makes him a POOR COACH! ANY COACH WHO DOES NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SCORING OPPRITUNITIES IS A POOR COACH! ESPECIALLY WHEN IT’S A CLOSE GAME AND YOU NEED SOME POINTS! AND BRAD DOES THIS ALL THE TIME REGARDLESS OF HOW WELL BRETT IS PLAYING!

61. By Bruce on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

HEY SHAWN YOU WANT TO MAKE IT PERSONAL? GO F U C K YOURSELF A S S H O L E!

62. By Bruce on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

AT LEAST FAVRE GIVES 110% REGARDLESS OF HIS MISTAKES. HE DOESN’T GIVE UP WHEN THERE IS STILL TIME ON THE CLOCK!!!

63. By Really on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Sorry, folks, there is NO next year… not with these players. The owners paid out a lot of money for this group, and many are gone after the season. I hope Childress is gone, too. His play calling has stunk from the beginning. Thanks, Favre, for last year, but that bologna about the Vikings begging you back was of your own media twisting. You stared at your receivers like a rookie last night, the interceptions were easy.

64. By Bruce on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

ALWAYS SOME CLOWN ON HERE THAT RESORTS TO CALLING OTHER POSTERS NAMES BECAUSE HE CAN’T WIN AN ARGUMENT ON ITS OWN MERITS, SO WHEN THAT HAPPENS MY GLOVES ARE OFF!

65. By Bruce on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

FAVRE, YOU NEED EXTENDED PRACTICE WITH YOUR RECEIVERS AND THE REASON YOU ARE THROWING INTO TIGHT COVERAGE IS BECAUSE OF BEING RUSHED SO MUCH THIS YEAR. O-LINE, YOU NEED TO IMPROVE YOUR GAME AND GIVE FAVRE A LITTLE MORE TIME, JUST A LITTLE, A SECOND OR TWO MORE MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD. BRAD, YOU NEED TO COME DOWN OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE AND QUIT TRYING TO BE SO CREATIVE IN YOUR ANSWERS TO THE PRESS AND USE THAT CREATIVITY ON YOUR PLAY CALLING AND GAME MANAGEMENT!

66. By SoCalVike on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Brady is going to carve up our secondary! Favre SUCKS!

67. By Get Bent !!! on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Fire Childress !!!!!!!!!!!! He looks lost on the sideline and has no idea how to WIN! At least Favre leaves it all on the field! Where’s J Allen & the rest of the pass rush? J Allen is NOT getting double-teamed all the time but has just 1 sack! I think once that gets fixed they’ll be fine in spite of Chilly! Have Faith!

68. By Jerry on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

What’s up Chilly?
    Three huge coaching mistakes.

1. Get at least a field goal to end the half.

2. Review the touchdown catch.

3. Call a time out when the Packers line up to kick a field goal and then switch to the shot gun…

69. By Ken on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Looks like 9-7 could win the NFC North this year, after New England the Vikes have 5 of the next 7 (all winnable) at home. All isn’t lost YET…but it’s getting close. Personally I think it’s time to start T-Jack, he’s mobile and with all the offensive weapons the Vikes have I’d expect him to have more success than he has in the past. Although Favre puts on a good front I think behind the scenes his scandle is taking it’s toll on his relationship with his family. He’s a Hall of Fame QB but the time has come for him to sit down, back up T-Jack or go back to Mississippi and retire, he’s doing more harm than good at this point. As far as Chilly? I’d like to see him go and be replaced with Frazier.

70. By JT on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

That was an awful looking game. Where were the Green Bay penalties? I also have to disagree with the decision to let time expire before the half. Green Bay looked like they were on their heels. Go for the jugular, coach. To heck with Green Bay still has timeouts. I feel bad for several of our players. They didn’t quit. Reminded me of some the guys from 40 for 60 year. They wouldn’t quit either. And neither did the coaches. I have to say some of our coaches need to get the 40 for 60 attitude. I am thankful to have seen the great teams of Coach Grant. The Rams game of 1974 comes to mind as a spirit of a TEAM that wouldn’t quit. There is a lot of blame that was slung around after this Green Bay loss. To our coaches and guys: knock it off. Walk like a man and be one. Come out fighting against the New England team.

71. By Viking-ology on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

After reading the posts, commenting and reading more, I have come to the conclusion (in my opinion) that Brad ‘Chilly’ Childress should take the responsibility the way the season has turned out so far. I Know Favre has not had a stellar season so far- but has any QB really been great in the NFC. Many have at or around the same amount of picks that Favre has, but for some reason the media likes to pick on Bretts picks. It must be because the media wants a new ‘hero’. Pretty boy-Aaron Rodgers has only one less pick than Favre, but they don’t seem to be talking about him negatively. Brees, Romo and Cutler have alot too,but you only hear about Favres INTs.

72. By GREG on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

LOOKING AT THE SCHEDULE, I FEEL VIKINGS WILL END UP 10 WINS AND 6 LOSSES. BY THEN RICE WILL BE BACK AND MOSS WILL BE MORE OF A FACTOR. MIGHT BE TOUGH TO STOP THE VIKINGS IF FAVRE IS STILL WALKING. FAVRE WILL GIVE 110%. HE ALWAYS HAS. THE SUPER BOWL IS STILL A PRETTY GOOD POSSIBILITY.

73. By mike hare on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Watched the game and noticed several points. Childers did not challenge Packers score and it would have been a reversed call. Two of Farves interceptions were a result of his being put into the grass. Where is the pass protection that the Vikings are supposed to be capable of. Randy Moss is supposed to be an incredable player when is he going to show up for a game? Stupid penalties that cost a team the game are inexcusable and not what profesionals do. Bret said it was his fault, coach threw a fit. The team lost this game not any one person.

74. By Raul on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

I’m ashamed of the biased referee that tried to help Green Bay as much as he could. Your absolutely right Mike, you got to live with it and look to the bright side. Great blog, keep it up.

75. By pault on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Well, to all the Favre bashers…he will most likely be suspended at some point this year so your wish to see him benched will come true. I don’t see how that helps us though, TJ can’t run this offense.

I concede that Brett has been less then stellar this year, he’s beat up and he has this off-field saga to deal with. But, at QB, he still gives us the best chance to win.

That being said, I think we have a coaching issue that hurts our chances. Childress is uninspiring and if we do make the playoffs this year and somehow win a championship….it will be despite him, not because of anything he’s done as a coach.

The Vikings haven’t had a good head coach since Bud Grant (IMO). They don’t seem to put a lot of importance into choosing a head coach and that has been a serious problem for years. We’ve lost so many assistant coaches who have gone on to successful careers in the NFL as head coaches…I don’t get it.

Until this organization decides to pursue a “real” head coach, one that not only instills confidence in the players, but one who inspires them as well…until they do that, I don’t see us winning a Superbowl.

76. By wispurplehead on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

I do not think that chilly will ever man-up to his shortcomings. He came from a running college team and doesn’t know how to call an air game. He also shows in his play calling that he still only sees one dimensional on the field. He can not change up mid-game in his playbook either. His coaching ability max’s out at the college level. He is over his head in the pros. Him getting out coached by gb’s idea of a coach is criminal. I am so tired of having the camera show him with that “blank stare” that I would like to reach thru the set and smack him. Posters can say what they wish about Brett, but it is not HIM calling the plays. I would like to see just one week where he WAS allowed to call his own game! Announce it in advance and let the chips fall where they may….

77. By Viking-ology on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

I was going to comment on why Chilly is to blame for this years woes, but I had to get that QB junk out of the way. Chilly, although a good coach, is still, in my estimation only average at best. Now don’t get me wrong, I have seen this team improve each year since he has taken over- but in the grand scheme of things, when the big game is on the line, Childress comes up short. With players like Peterson and Harvin on the field (probably the two most explosive players in the league) you would think they should lean on them alot more- they are willing and capable. Peterson was unstoppable last noght, but he should have carried the ball alot more, especially at the start of the third quarter. Use Harvin more in the backfield as well, he is a dynamic player wherever he is lined up. Every time I watch the Vikes. on offense (this year) I keep waiting for creativity in running formations, have the defense weary, then play action pass, instead its hope Brett can carry us because I don’t know what play to call…PETERSON IS READY TO CARRY THE TEAM-GIVE HIM THE BALL!!!

78. By fire childress on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

well said wispurplehead. Chilly should of been fired years ago !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

79. By chaos on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

We didnt lose that game. shiancoe caught that TD. packers didnt catch that 2nd TD. Harvin didnt catch that TD but it was defense interference. and Loadhoalt might have facemasked matthews but even in replay i didnt see it. The Packers didnt beat us…the refs did.

80. By Double Tight End Sets on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Guys I think we should go this route more… Even if we can convert Camarillo to TE for a Pass/run Double TE set with Shenk, Camarillo with two wideouts Moss and take your pick out wide. After handing off the speed rushers to the slower tackles, the TEs go into the pattern underneath. You have a run/pass formation that gives some help to protection first.

81. By chaos on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

BTW o-line didnt do bad at all. Favre got sacked1 time and it was his fault. he needed to get rid of the ball. he got hit a couple times but heck it happens to everyone.

82. By wispurplehead on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

@viking-ology….If you gave the weapons we have to other coaches in the league, they would be drooling at the mouth…LOL! Can you just imagine if Singletary was thrust into a situation where he has our staff..he would not let up until the other team throws in the towel. And he is not the only coach that has the intensity but lacks the skill players. I knew when chilly came, but was willing to ride a while and see if he would impress me. Well, he has had his chances and now I am willing to throw him under the bus(and gracefully ask the bus to back up just to make sure). His lack of adjustments in last years playoffs sealed the deal! As I have stated before….Our owner has some real choices to make and it has a “no next year” clause, because this team is going to have a whole new look!

83. By Brandon on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Wow what a game! Even though we lost it was the most electricfiying game ive ever seen. I see people blame favre and say fire him hes done! Well i dont agree yes he does hold the record for int. but he also holds yards tds and consecutive starts. You say he is worthless, show me any other player in the nfl with that much heart desire passion and sacrifice than that man right there. And whats funny is nobody mentioned the penalty on moss. Favre could have gone to him more but that is monday morning quarterbacking hes the quarterback not us trust in your players! Pack did giva a good effort and with our misfortunes in the game is what made it what it was. Hold your heads up high boys a loss is tough but you left it all out on the field prepare for next week and turn this season around like we know you can!

84. By Bruce on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

These reporters make me SICK! They are always questioning about Favre and never get on Brad for playing 14 minute quarters all the time.

85. By Eugene G on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

At least we didn’t lose to the Cleveland Browns…LOL!!…hey look we got all the pieces we need I gotta believe its coaching for us the coach has to sit Favre sometimes he is a leader but he can’t do some of the things he think he can do but he can advise Joe Webb and Tarvaris Jackson and he can be on the roster should we win the Superbowl he would still get a ring I mean come on coach you can’t be that blind…Skol Vikings!!

86. By rocksalt on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Flashback to the 1970’s Someone needs to launch a whiskey bottle at the refs for this abomination of play calling……..

87. By rocksalt on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

The refs should be held accountable……

88. By rocksalt on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Favre- that pick 6 was on you, and once again, unnacceptable

89. By rocksalt on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

If we played Clevland, we would lose

90. By OregonVikingsFan on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

its a shame to see a team with more talent than anyother team in the league struggle so badly. So what is the cause of the struggles? I think the lack of a good coach. Our team is only as good as the person calling the game. When you are as predictable as the post office being closed on sunday you are going to lose more than you win. How do we right the ship? Mix up some play calling. Imagine the way peterson was making the safties cheat up all night to stop him if we would of done…uh maybe a flea flicker would of worked? Saw it work a lot in 98…lol Childress needs to put his big girl panties on and take control of the game…STOP PLAYING NOT TO LOSE…PLAY TO WIN and maybe just maybe we can salvage something from this season!

91. By Vikingfan1969 on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

GOLDVIKE, Way to be Brave. Let’s face it we are all disappointed and deal with it in different ways. It is like anything “Take one Game at a Time!”

92. By Bryan on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

There is way to much talent on this team. Our record doesn’t represent our true identity. We will turn this around,think positive Viking Faithful. SKOL!!!!!!!

93. By desmond on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Chilly was out-coached by Mc Carthy in this it was so obvious. Chilly should have challenged Greenbay’s phantom 2nd touch down which was not a td then wasting the last 30 secs of the first half .Why not throw it deep to Moss a couple of times anything would have been better……..This is very good team but with Chilly we will always wonder what if?……..Go VIKES

94. By chaos on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Lets go Vikings! kill Brady

95. By chaos on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Maybe Favre wouldnt throw interceptions if we wouldnt have refs make favre make things happen

96. By desmond on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Never mind the pretenders these two teams are the best teams in the NFC and come playoff time the winner of this division will play in the SUPER BOWL

97. By FloridaFan on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

I wonder if the saints fans are ready to send drew brees home because of his 4 interceptions? I didn’t see sean Peyton throw drew under the bus. Brees has as many interceptions this season as brett has . the difference is the saints have played some easier teams and have won. In case you haven’t noticed most qb’s in the nfl this season have alot of int’s. it happens. Brett made a couple of bad throws, the other int is on the receivrer. you can’t stop running your route when you play with brett and you always have to be ready for the ball. with all that went wrong they still could have won if not for more bad penalties. the nfl should fire all of those officials.

98. By John on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

I was glad to see Randy Moss do what all us Vikings were thinking when he held up his arms at half and motioned ” lets go ” lots of time for 1 or 2 more plays. If this was last year they might have tried something; they had a three point lead and needed 25 yards to kick a field goal. Who else feels this way???

99. By Rye on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

This is the only hope I have left…

The last time Jackson got a shot, he took over for Gus F. and led the Vikes to the playoffs. He lost in the first of the playoffs to the Eagles.

My hope is that Jackson will be even more improved after learning from the Legend Favre.

I just hope Childless has the courage to bench Favre. He is destroying our season with all the turnovers. 10 INT’s 5 fumbles. Come on!

I’d hate to say it, but T-Jack is probably our only hope. Maybe he’ll surprise us.

100. By Robins on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

It is a disgrace that the packers had to hit Bretts bad ankle to hurt him because they knew they couldn’t win. The refs helped them too. Why didn’t Childress throw the flag on that interception that wasn’t. Percy should have come down with two feet in. Moss shouldn’t push off. Loadholt shouldn’t grab a face mask! Brett can’t do everyones jobs. Plus, there were so many interceptions yesterday and every weekend. Why do they always pick on Brett? He was a warrior last night. He fought hard for his team! Brett, I hope you heal soon. We need you. You are the best!

101. By Frederick Jones on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

The Vikings have 10 games left, and have played 6.

Plenty of time to make things happen.

102. By Frederick Jones on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Putting space between your letters does not make you clever.

103. By Frederick Jones on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

It is also very easy to find the negative in a person.

Any fool can do that.

104. By Frederick Jones on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Mike Wobschall’s comments show true brilliance.

Thank you Mike!!!

105. By linda from illinois on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Stay positive, stay strong.
    Always a true purple Vikings fan, always will be! We’ve gotten thru worse
    than this. Don’t give up!
    I truly hope our players know how much we support them thru good and bad.
    Yo Adrian! What a GREAT game!
    Loved Sunny Side Up comments.

106. By todd on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

fire chilly….esp. after the brett bashing in a public news confrence!!!! he is a controll freak, and should learn the game of football better…………ITS A TEAM EFFORT WIN OR LOSE!!!

107. By todd on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

and chiily should talk about bad decsions, he should be held responsable for the no challenge in the first quater, as well as many other bad no calls/ calls.. if he were smart he would mix up the talent with the offense… ie; joe webb, wild cat, run more toby , run more slot formations, confuse the d with all the talent on the feild!!! plus!! BLOCK FOR BRETT < KEEP TOBY IN ON pass plays and block, jees this guy sucks and proved over and over he cant coach. BRING IN GRUDEN!!

108. By Bigfan1 on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Referees need to be accountable, the NFL needs a challenge flag for refs decisions. I’m tired of after the game reversal decision making by referees, that one call basically took away the victory, would’ve been 31-28, bullsh$$$.

109. By John on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Coach Childress should stop chewing on Brett’s ass and chew his own. If he had challanged that td, we would have won.

110. By paul on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Before Childress throw Brett under the bus, Brett drove the bus over his team..

111. By FloridaFan on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

wow eli just threw 2 int’s in the first few minutes of the game. he’s old, he;s washed up. put in the backup. oh not wait, that’s only when brett does it.

brett’s not getting suspended. whethrer he called her or not, he didn’t send the pictures and nothing else is the nfl’s business. it’s not against the nfls conduct policy to call someone.

112. By 100%Injuryrate on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

The game, officiated by the three-blind mice,was witnessed by the greatest fans in the world, NFL-North fans…we R football…Anyways..the warrior Favre is the most thrilling QB to watch of all time, who never thinks that the game is lost.
    Kudos to him.. too bad he got re-injured..one of the best games ever played..regardless of the result..but not the best coached,

113. By chuck on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

I’m a Packers fan,like we always said “u live by #4 and die by #4″hey it sucks better get used to it.By the way whenever you hear his interviews he will NEVER blame himself.He was the same way here.Oh well you wanted him to come back?What has he done for you lately?hmmmm…nothing You guys have a very good team,but he’s bringing you down!!Just some thoughts from Wi.

114. By TWVIKE on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

up chuck- You have never seen Favre in a presser have you? Brett points the finger at himself first, he never blames somebody else. Why dont you put his jersey on and give it a try. He is the toughest QB to ever play, no doubt.

115. By Fontana Al on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Favre can do no wrong in the eyesight of so many,I can’t believe the terrible level of play he gets away with.He came back to finish where he left off last season.Throwing interception at the worst time.NFC championship game and on and on.He killed are dreams last year now he’s here to ruin this year for us.
    I was never big on Favre before he came to Minnesota, but since I am a diehard Viking fan I roll with whomever is on the roster.No one person should be put above the team.

116. By NoTouchdown on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

I have to admitt taht was a poorly coached game. That diesn’t mean you have to fire chilly. He has done a good job for us. I think this is the year. 50 years of football for the Vikes and the Superbowl they have benn dying for! This season isn’t over. Offence is starting to click Defence is now getting turnovers (little concerned about points allowed though)we will make the playoffs. Mark my words. My opinion on the game was that the Refs once again beat us. They never give us a break! It’s ridiculous! Packs so had Pass interference. The Packs paid the refs! LOL. SKOL Vikes next time pull it off.

117. By James Markert on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

I believe that the Vikings have an absolutely dreadful Offensive line. The guards are ok, but Loadholt is just trying to get our quarterback hurt. Sullivan has improved from last year, but he’s been injured, so he’s been hard to watch. Favre makes a lot of bad throws, and I’m not saying that he is the best ever, but a lot of “his” mistakes this year, and the saints game last year are the fault of the offensive line. The protection has got to be taken up a notch if this team is to improve, no matter who the QB is. The fact that they had to have 2 extra blockers in the backfield for Favre is disgraceful. This is the NFL, and we weren’t playing against our defense. I understand the pressure on the guys up front, but if they can’t get the job done, someone else should be put in. Not to mention the penalties. Anyway, offensive linemen aside, I agree with your statements.

118. By Dawnwisconsin on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

VIKINGS FAN4LIFE..EEVERY GODDAM WEEK YOUR ON THIS BLOG ..COMPLAINNG ABOUT THE TEAM. ARE YOU ATRUE VIKING FAN??
    NEVER ONE GOOD WORD ..ALWAYS BLAMING FAVRE!!HE IS NOT GOD.
    HE THREW 3 EXTRA TOUCHDOWNS LAST NIGHT..WHICH THE REFS DID NOT COUNT..THAT MAN GAVE HIS ALL LAST NIGHT AND NO DAM APPRECIATION!
    CHILDRESS SHOULD OF WENT FOR IT AT THE END OF HE FIRST HALF..WHICH I BLAME HIM FOR AND CHILDRESS SHOULD OF CHALLENGED THE TOUCH DOWN. BUT YOU KNOW IDIOT…I STILL LOVE THE TEAM AND I’M ROOTING FOR THEM TIL THE END OF SEASON.
    VIKING4 LIFE..WHY DONT YOU STAY OFF THE F****ING COMPUTER AND GET A REAL LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

119. By Viking-ology on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Wispurplehead-Yes you’re right! I don’t want to give up on chilly just yet… but I can’t seem to convince myself that he can take our Vikes over the top. The Vikings, as good as they have been, always seem to be snakebitten-which reminds me of one of the most sucessful coaches that never won the big game,none other than Marty Schottenheimer. Perhaps he is destined to lead the Vikings to their first Superbowl! I may be half joking, but at least you know when he coaches, his teams win. But alas…we won’t have a QB next year…

120. By jeff on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Did you see clay mathews toward the end of the game when they had the entire offensive line trying to cover him. he got so sick of being held by the facemask that he ripped his helmet off and went at them with out one. I guess those where the equalizer calls that the refs missed on the viks

121. By todd on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

yea hence another penalty they didnt call!!! taking the helmet off is a penalty, if its taken off by the indivdual player, not caused by the play!!!!

122. By Jeff B on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

This year the front 4 on the defensive line has been figured out by the opposing teams by max protection for their quarterbacks. Where’s the Vikings replacement for Chester Taylor? The Vikings are close to dead last on sacks, you ask why? Its 4 defensive lineman against 5 offensive linemen and running backs tight ends etc.. No blitzes from the linebackers which is this years strong point on defense. Our secondary excluding Antoine Winfield is terrible like last season. Getting burnt and getting no INTS or pass break ups. Tarvaris Jackson should be put in for wildcat plays with Peterson and Tahe or Harvin for lead blockers or vice versa. Impliment Improvise Disguise your talent to your advantage against the opposing team. Keep them guessing until Sidney Rice gets back and the offense should be firing on all cylinders.. Wildcard bound and who knows Superbowl? The Denver Broncos did it with John Elway and won the Superbowl against Favre and the Packers on1998!!

123. By evalu8er on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

For anyone who thinks Fvare will be suspended anyway consider this: NO TABLOID HAS PICKED THIS STORY UP-NOT EVEN THE ENQUIRER. Know why? cause they have been sued by clelebrities and they can tell when a story is not true. Tiger Woods was all over People, Us, In Touch, Gossip.No acknowlegement of favre rumors.
    Brett has reasons he could not possibly be the guy and the NFL knows this. Favre is going no place. In terms of playing, Randy Moss is not good to Vikes without Fvare. Last night the Vikes actualy were an additional 14 points ahead according to VP of Refs this morning. So that’s not even fans whining. My guess is Brett will start this wekend and then TJ will come in the middle of the first quarter. Brett needs to rest. It might be good for him to “coach” from the sidelines on this next game…

124. By Conner on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

I want to be optimistic. I really feel the Wilf’s and the Pohlad’s have opened the checkbooks to give our teams the talent to win now. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out the way we wanted for the Twins, although a very good season. My fear is that if this season doesn’t result in Super Bowl. No new stadium for the purple, revenue losses to the Wilf’s. Eventually this season could result in the Vikings leaving town. It is now or never. We still have a defense to keep us in it. Go back to how the Ravens did it to win their Super Bowl. Simplify things for T-Jack for now. (You don’t let a teenager run the Ferrari all out on 35W, you let them idle around the circular drive in 1st gear until they burn the clutch out.) Eventually, if Favre is healthy and doesn’t have off field distractions he’s unbelievable. It won’t be easy, but we have to keep our faith in what has been positive to this point.

125. By Conner on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

McKinnie could be held accountable for his play. In the off season he made the comment. “We view our jobs like the secret service protecting the president.” Boy, I hope our secret service aren’t getting any ideas from Mc Kinnie.

126. By Rye on Oct 25, 2010 | Reply

Sunny Side Up… The upcoming Schedule… by week 11 we should be playing the Pack for the division lead at the dome.

If all goes according to plan… they will be 5-5 and we will be 6-5 or 5-5.

This thing is far from over. The Pack and the Bears have a few tough games coming up and we can make some ground after the New England Game. If we can win the New England Game… that would be a great start because after that we have three VERY winnable games… ARI @ MIN, MIN @ CHI, GB @ MIN.

If we can beat chicago and green bay in wk 10 and 11… we are right back in this thing. If we can bet NE or ARI on top of it, we probably lead the division.

There is no need to panic.. we can still recover. If we lose in week 10,11 though, we should panic!

127. By Rye on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

My projection…

Packers 5-4 after wk 10
    Vikings 4-5 after wk 10
    Bears 4-5 after wk 10

Vikings and Packers play at dome in wk 11.

128. By favrefavfan on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

HEY!!
    Had Childress challenged the GB td, the Vikings would’ve WON!!! How many points did GB gain from any interception, 7, 3? Favre did not lose that game, the defense is the true fault. If you have a good defense there is NO WAY any opposing team should have more than 2 tds in a game, period. As it’s been progressing this season, the defense has dropped the ball a heck of a lot more than the offense! I saw some pretty slow responses on behalf of the Vikings defense and was truly upset to see 2 DEFENDERS NOT TURN THEIR HEADS TOWARDS THE BALL WHEN THE GB player CAUGHT THE DARN FOOTBALL IN THE END ZONE!
    SO THERE!!
    And GB was able to target a few inept Viking defenders covering the GB receivers and that should NEVER HAVE HAPPENED–GB GAINED TOO MANY DOWN FIELD OPPORTUNITIES BEC OF IT! AND THAT’S THE MAIN REASON THE VIKINGS LOST, NOT BEC OF FAVRE. PLEASE EXAMINE THE GAME AND SEE FOR YOURSELF.
    CHECK OUT LAST WEEK’S GAME AND YOU’LL SEE THE SAME THING, TOO MANY PASS RECEPTIONS BY THE OPPOSING TEAM, COVERAGE STINKS BY VIKINGS!
    Sorry for the caps, I’m upset that uninformed viewers and sports mouth pieces don’t see the real crux of the Viking’s problems. Hey, Favre is the LEAST of their not playing their best. WHERE’S ALL THE SACKS BY THE DEFENSE??????? How many times have opposing teams been really pressured by the defense this season so far??? Not many!
    DEFENSE DO YOUR JOB AND YOU WILL SUCCEED.
    FAVRE FOREVER the most exciting QB in the game and he should continue TO PLAY. Period. Geez, Drew Breez lost and NO ONE seems to be down playing him!
    Brett Favre just needs some good joint juice and let him do what he does best–win and win and win and win. Some mangosteen juice will make any one feel like a more youthful person. It’s non addictive and natural. I’m not plugging the product, it just takes all the middle age ouches out of every step we take.

129. By fire childress on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

chilly presser<<<>>><>< well…. um…….we had a tough loss last night…but it was Brett's fault..i was perfect as usual…i only cost my team 7 points at the most this time…wait? we only lost by 4 points…oh oh… i hope the Wilf family didn't see the game…might get a bus ticket out of town…

130. By Jerseyvikefan on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Bad bad loss. NE will kik our ass with no pass rush against Brady. Our Def lost this game. No rush no win, period. Farve needs to sit and let TJ get some work. Farve needs 2 weeks to get strong. Not feeling to good in Jersey. Go Vikessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

131. By rocksalt on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

What looked Good in Green Bay?
    AP, Percy, Greenway…..that’s it……….where the h3ll is rest of team?

132. By rodney on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

packed in back say what you want but these game was a gift you guys didn’t win with out the vikes and the refs giving it to you guys……bad ref calls bad coach calls bad Qb calls…the packers should just thank the vikes for handing them this game…

133. By purplehaze on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

PACKER FANS THIS GAME WASN’T LIKE YOUR TEAM HAVING IMPLODED AGAINST THE FREAK’N BEARS, THAT GAME WAS YOURS WITH A BOW ON IT.

THIS GAME HOWEVER WAS MORE DECIDED BY THE REFS AND CHILI DOGS PERSONAL F-UPS THAN ANY OTHER ONE FACTOR.

134. By Mike/Wisconsin on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

You gotta admit, Brett Favre is one of the most famous (and infamous) athletes of our time. Sunday night was the largest rating in Sunday Nite Football history. Every national game he is involved in is the biggest ratings ever.

You read any article online and there are 15,000 comments if Favre’s name is on it and don’t think that Theismann didn’t know that he would get more media exposure than he has had in 10 years if he took shots at Brett. Everyone is riding on his name/fame. He is and will always be one of the best players in NFL history and there will never be another like him.

135. By vikingsfan4life on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Did you guys see Bretts c-ock? It looks amazing……. better than mine. I would suck it for a Viking win

136. By purplehaze on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Did anyone else realize that maybe our team isn’t that good and we are just looking for excuses?

137. By Do whats best for team! on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

We need a change to better the team, Leslie Frasier for head coach!

138. By rocksalt on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

national media will not even talk about the poor officiating of this game! If it were the Cowgirls or either NY team, the officiating would have made front page.

139. By lose weight on Dec 2, 2010 | Reply

Thanks buddy. Not bad submissions you have here. Have some extra sites to point to with more info?

2. Oct 25, 2010: Sunny Side Up – What Looked Good In Green Bay | Vikings Stop Blog