The Vikings and Packers don’t kickoff until 7:30 p.m. CT tonight, which gives you an afternoon full of other NFL action to watch. There is one other game in the NFC North this afternoon, with the Detroit Lions on a bye week and the Chicago Bears hosting the Washington Redskins at Soldier Field.
Another nice game is the Philadelphia Eagles playing at the Tennessee Titans and it will also be fun to watch the New England Patriots take on the banged up San Diego Chargers.
But through it all, I know you’re mind will be on the Vikings as the get set to take on the Packers. So while you’re watching all the other NFL action on Sunday, here are a few things to watch for tonight during the Vikings-Packers game…
– If the Vikings win, it will be the team’s 25th regular season win since 2008.
– If the Vikings win, it will be head coach Brad Childress’ 40th team victory (including playoff s).
– The Vikings have now scored 20+ points in each of the last 3 games after scoring just 19 combined points over the first 2 contests.
– The Vikings defense has given up just 8 offensive TDs through the first 5 games. Opponents have scored just 74 offensive points, the 2nd-fewest in the NFL.
– The Vikings average starting position after kickoff s is just over the 32-yard line (32.2), the 4th best in the league through the first 6 weeks.
– In his last 6 quarters, QB Brett Favre has thrown for 351 yards, with 4 TDs and 1 INT, and a passer rating of 99.09.
Posted in All, Mike Wobschall | 30 Comments »