On a Saturday full of college football, you might be thirst for some NFL football. While I can’t bring you actual NFL action, I can bring you some NFL statistics.
Here are a few notable Vikings statistics coming off of last week’s win over the Dallas Cowboys…
– The Vikings have allowed just 83 first downs on the year, the lowest in the NFL.
– WR/KR Percy Harvin’s 95-yard kickoff return for a TD against Dallas was the 6th-longest in Vikings history. It was Harvin’s 3rd career return for a TD; he is the only Viking in team history to return more than 1 kickoff return for a TD and he now has TD returns of 101, 95 and 88 yards.
– With his 2 INTs against Dallas, LB E.J. Henderson became only the 10th linebacker in team history to intercept 2 passes in a game.
– K Ryan Longwell became only the 4th kicker in team history to make 100 FGs as a Viking (100). Longwell’s FG percentage of 87.0 ranks as the highest of the four.
– WR Randy Moss had 5 receptions against the Cowboys, moving him into 9th place in NFL history for the most career receptions. Moss now has 944 career catches.
– With his 73 rushing yards against the Cowboys, RB Adrian Peterson became only the 4th Vikings player to reach 5,000 rushing yards (5,037). Peterson accomplished the feat in a team-record 51 career games, which is tied for 5th in NFL history for the fewest games needed to reach 5,000 yards.
Tags: Adrian Peterson, Percy Harvin, Randy Moss, Ryan Longwell
Posted in All, Mike Wobschall | 25 Comments »