Childress Underscores Vikings-Packers Rivalry, NFC North Race

Posted by Mike Wobschall on October 20, 2010 – 4:34 pm

Vikings Head Coach Brad Childress was born and grew up in Aurora, Illinois, right in the heart of Chicago Bears country. A life dedicated to football has traveled him all over the country, from Indiana to Arizona to Pennsylvania, and he’s been a part of many great rivalries as a result.

After 3+ seasons as head coach of the Vikings, Childress clearly understands the magnitude of his team’s rivalry with the Green Bay Packers.

“Green Bay Packers week for us here,” Childress said during his regular Wednesday press conference. “Always a big week when you play a Divisional opponent that’s a state-border war. Had two great games with them last year and they always are competed tooth and nail.”

Childress’ Vikings team had trouble with Green Bay early in his tenure, but lately it’s been a one-sided affair, with the Vikings currently in the midst of a 3-game winning streak in the series. Many of the players on both teams are well-versed in the rivalry, too. As is the case with most division opponents, the familiarity the 2 teams share impact how the games are played.

“You can say familiarity breeds contempt, however you want to say that or however people want to motivate themselves,” Childress explained. “We know that this game’s competed a little bit differently than most of your NFC games. We’re mindful of that.”

Aside from adding to the history of this historic rivalry, Sunday night’s Vikings-Packers game will have a great impact on the 2010 NFC North race. The Vikings come in with a 2-3 record and in 3rd place in the division while Green Bay is 3-3 and sitting in 2nd place, a game behind division-leading Chicago.

The NFC North race is wide open, largely because of what happened last weekend. The Bears, Detroit Lions and Packers all lost, while the Vikings – who had been 1-3 – scratched out a victory over the Dallas Cowboys. As a result, the North is wide open…just as we should’ve expected at this point in the season.

“About like you expected it to be,” Childress said when asked about the division race. “Every year kind of swinging its own way. I know every week paints a different picture, but it’s there to be competed for and fought for. That’s why this game is a hugely important game.”

Did You Know?
– The Vikings currently hold a 166-123-5 record (including postseason) against the NFC North.
— The Vikings are 354-275-9 against the entire NFC in both regular and postseason play.
— Minnesota is 1-0 against the North and 2-1 against the NFC in 2010.
— The Vikings are 10-3 against the NFC North since 2008

113 Responses to “Childress Underscores Vikings-Packers Rivalry, NFC North Race”

1. By rocksalt on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

Childress- I do not understand what you are saying

2. By TWVIKE on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

He doesnt have a clue.

3. By Old School on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

We need this one bad! When you get to play a team that is down on injuries like the Pack, you need to put your foot on their throat!

4. By Old School on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

I hope Harris and a few come back, they are not in game shape! Clay Matthews is one play away from ripping that hammy! Let Harris cover Moss…..PLEASE!

5. By TWVIKE on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

Old School& rocksalt- It is time for the Vikings to make their own way. We cant rely on injuries, penalties, & turnovers for a victory. We need to move the chains and play ball control on offense. On defense we must hammer #12 OFTEN. Leave AP in on 3rd down and cut the wires to Brads headset. Agree?

6. By Old School on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

I agree TWVIKE, I just don’t know if this team has it in them right now, they need to go out there and BLOW SOMEONE OUT! They need an offensive explosion and get on a roll with some purpose behind them with some confidense! Brett needs to take that hudle by its Ba#$% and put some points on the board!

Killer Instinct is what is missing…………………………….

Along with an O-Line and a Head Coach!

7. By VAvikefan on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

What is Childress talking about???? i wish he would just talk normal for once and speak his mind!

8. By TWVIKE on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

We need to punch #12 right in the mouth, Old School, then keep hitting him. I dont care if Jared has to start on his mullet again, he needs to get going, find his way to the quarterback. Favre needs a little more time to throw, O-line, suck and give it to him. Chilly you MORON, keep AP in on 3rd down!!!!! Do you honestly think any team fears Albert Young? Brad Im sure you are not aware of this ,we have only 11 games left.

9. By fire childress on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

chilly needs more practice. lets demote chilly to the practice squad and bring in a coach who knows the job

10. By rocksalt on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

Yes, TWVIKE & Old School-
    THE TIME IS NOW. Our D must not just cover well andplay prevent, but must pressure, sack, and hit!
    Our O….well, I hoipe Moss can have a big game but our Oline needs to really start playing……protect the old man and open holes for AP…….NOW! I am gettin tired of the lack of efforts, and stupid play……

11. By rocksalt on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

Jared is like Sampson, once his hair was cut, he lost his strength….

12. By rocksalt on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

As for Childress, the guy makes no frikkin sense……..maybe he has had concussions……..

13. By David on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

Childress has taken us from 6-10 to the edge of the Superbowl in just a few short years– remarkable-fantastic, incroyable, – GREAT JOB CHILLY!

14. By Pemnuts on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

Only 3 time-outs per half?

Perhaps… if they were only allowed 2 per half.. They would learn how to use them to gain Game Clock time to their advantage.
    How many times are team time outs used per game on the historical average?

Yes, There Are 3 TimeOuts per half.

15. By TWVIKE on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

David- I hope your writing is better than your knowledge of football. Chilly should be in the window of Macys wearing a dress, that is how much emotion he has. Do you realize the 2 games we have won, the other team shot themselves in the foot?

16. By wisconsinvikesfan on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

It was nice to see Jim Klinesasser catch and run for 20 yards. Maybe thats what we should do just keep dumping the ball to players we havn’t heard from in a while.

17. By popper on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

Favre and Moss will route Green Bay. Look for exceptional performance from these two players. A.P. will be over 100 yards again. GO VIKES

18. By hey all of you posters on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

Please, I am so sick of you idots undermining the head coach! My guess is Chilly has a higher IQ than all of you put together. Shut up from now on, comment on the way the game is played. Not one of you is as smart as Chilly, or you would be the head coach! Oh, let me guess, you are too busy packing cookies to be a head coach. Losers

19. By hey all of you posters on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

that goes for anyone of you morons that makes a condescending remark about our head coach. Karma you idiots. You want the Purple to win? then shut up.

20. By David on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

TWVIKE–I am no expert on football or I would be an NFL coach– I don’t see you coaching NFL or college for that matter, so calm down. I know enough that Chilly seems to have made some really stupid play calling– I grant you that. I was so excited during the Saints game when we stuck with the run and wore out their defense– where did that go in the second half? We were only down by 4 points in the end, no need to abandon the run. In the Miami game, a chance to take the lead by scoring the first points of the game and Chilly goes for it on fourth down– that seemed crazy too– but TWVIKE — that takes guts to make that call, so you want it both ways. I know plenty about the game, but like you, I am not an NFL coach– few people ever get that position– odds are better to be hit by lightening than to be a coach in the NFL– SO CHILLY MUST KNOW SOMETHING– by the way, showing emotions in battle are why wars are lost– you keep yourself in check and self-control to make better decisions. Self-control is the sign of maturity. CHILLY– YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!! Lots of folks who have never been an NFL Coach want to bash you– easy to do– TWVIKE as head coach– Vikings 0-16.

21. By hey all of you posters on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

Please, look at this game. The Vikings will win by a field goal. Percy will be a rock star, and Moss will be 5 for 5 with 2 td’s. bank it.

22. By David on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

GREAT JOB CHILDRESS!! A lot of coaches in the NFL cannot replicate what you did– taking a 6-10 team to the edge of the Superbowl in three seasons– Fantastic job, and I know he is too collected and mature to let any of the naysayers affect him. It’s time all the loyal fans who understand the accomplishments of Childress stand up and applaud.

23. By hey all of you posters on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

So the bottom line is if you come on here and cut down the coach, you are not a Vikings fan, you are a poser. Any real Purple fan knows the record since Chilly inception. Think about it. The cat is out of the bag. You are either a Bears fan or a cheese fan. Ha ha ironic isn’t it.

24. By hey all of you posters on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

thank you David, well said.

25. By sigg07 on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

I want to see the BIG D intercept Rodgers 2 times this sunday and score 1 TD . OR the front D line knock the ball out of his hands pick it up and SCORE There that good . Plus of course Farve to Moss and AP run those Packers into shredded Cheeeeeeese. GO VIKINGS

26. By hey twvikes on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

You are the classic example of what I am talking about. I will have you know, that I go to your precious Cheese sites and pose as a Packer fan, cutting down erin son of roy and sit back and laugh! I am laughing now..at you. I think TW vikes stands for: I am a packer puker.

27. By hey twvikes on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

i am outta here I do not care what your idiot reply is.

28. By hey twvikes on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

I have a lot of pen!s to lick tonight. And then it’s off to the cheese factory to punp my gut full with packer pride.

29. By Bruce on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

3 issues that need to be addressed. 1) PASS PROTECTION IN ALL PHASES WHETHER IT BE PICKING UP BLITZERS OR JUST STAYING WITH YOUR BLOCK. 2) PRESSURE THEIR QB, JAROD HAS NOT HAD A SACK ALL SEASON AND WE NEED TO BLITZ MORE OFTEN 3) TURNOVERS, WHEN WILL I SEE JUST ONE OF OUR GUYS TRY AND STRIP THE BALL? THAT SHOULD BE STRESSED WHEN GOING OVER TACKLING DRILLS! PUNCH THAT BALL OUT!

30. By hey twvikes on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

that wasn’t me posting just there! i don’t like to lick pen!s!!! I’m not that klind of person!! I only take it up the bunghole. if the guy needs his pen!s licked i’ll send him over to my brother. we have a special bond….you viqueens just can’t understand it, it’s a cheesehead thing

31. By WTF on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

BRUCE! Seriously! LOOK UP THE STATS BEFORE YOU MAKE YOURSELF LOOK LIKE A MORON! Jared’s sacks for one….I don’t know the exact stats but I KNOW he has at least one….still it ignres the big picture. Sacks don’t equal wins. The defense has been doing good so far. THE OFFEENSE IS WHERE THE PROBLEM IS.

32. By hey twvikes on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

oh yea i could go for some cheasehead head right about now, those guys really now how to pleese a man

33. By rodney on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

I have coached for 17 years it is hard so we need to support the coaches and the team .When you down your team that can be as bad as a bad coach.SO LETS ALL SUPPORT ARE GUYS………….

34. By TWVIKE on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

hey what ever you are- If you or David had any B@lls you would put them in each others mouth. Come on back gay imposter.

35. By TWVIKE on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

hey gay guy- I see your wife has taught you well, not to mention your mom.

36. By David on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

Now Now, TWVIKE, time to chew on your pacifier– I have a sense you are nothing but a teenager sitting in a basement. Only a child resorts to name-calling and lashing out– it happens because the cognitive skills have not developed yet for articulate speech, let alone the mastery of the written word. Hey, it must be past your bedtime. Nite, nite TYKE.

37. By vikingreality check on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

Some Like chilli, and the majority dont. I’m sorry but if you can’t see that childrees is terrible at play calling then you should not watch football, becuase you don’t have a clue. If Favre didnt do audibles last year we would not have gotten that far. What is Childress good at? Drafting talent for the most. What is childress bad at? Play calling plus he micro-manage.

Childress needs to let Bevell and Farve plus Randy do play calling. Because this is a warfare sport not 6th grade soccer. Stop being so predictable, stop fooling ourselves. Big Mac needs to improve now, Albert Young – pointless on the team.

What’s is the point in drafting great talents, and not knowing how to use them? It’s the equivalent of a big d%ck with no erection.

Vikes need to wakeup and act now, the Football Gods are on our side, everyone lost in the division last week except us. Pull the play book from childress, work on the O-line and CB, put up a good fight, fight to win, let Moss do the halftime Pep talks. Lets run the Packers over in the dirt.

38. By rodney on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

TCKL
    17 SCK
    1 FF
    0 INT

39. By David on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

Once this state fully backs the team– we will win a Superbowl, until then, we will go back and forth. When I watched that 49ers game a few weeks back and the crowd booed so loudly, I thought of how helpful that is to a team– have tens of thousands scream and yell negativity towards you– great encouragement! You motivate people by praise– if they struggle, you build them up and not cut them up– HOW many of you bloggers work well at your place of employment when your boss criticizes you, let alone bashes you with name-calling. The fans, ultimately are the boss of the team– Shut up, if you cannot encourage the team.
    Last I saw, there were no credentials of NFL head coach in the blogger bleachers.

40. By rodney on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

Latest News
    Mon. Oct 18, 2010 Source: RotoWire Subscribe
    News: Allen had one assisted tackle, but didn’t have a sack in Sunday’s win over Dallas. He has just one sack this season

41. By Frederick Jones on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

Wow!!!

It’s amazing how many guys know more than Brad Childress does about football. And they are man enough to tell us not to watch because we don’t know anything about football either!

42. By Frederick Jones on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

Statistically Brad Childress is ranked in the top ten among active NFL coaches!

43. By Frederick Jones on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

Brad Childress may be the best coach in the NFL right now!!!

44. By rodney on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

if brad had a super bowl with the vikes he wouldbe the best coach in the world lets cut him some slack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

45. By David on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

Welcome Frederick Jones– nice to see another sane person on these blogs. Quite a few bloggers have NFL experience on their resumes and they feel entitled to tell Childress what needs to be changed– perhaps they should go to the headquarters in Eden Prairie and go over tapes for Childress. The reason these bloggers are slamming Chilly is because they had high expectations for the season– because Childress took us so close to the Superbowl last year. How ironic.

46. By David on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

CHILDRESS HATERS– CHEW ON THIS AND TRY
    The reason these bloggers are slamming Chilly is because they had high expectations for the season– because Childress took us so close to the Superbowl last year. How ironic. The reason they bash Childress is because he is a very good coach and they can only understand what is in front of their nose in the present time. They are jealous.

47. By rodney on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

You are right David

48. By David on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

Thanks Rodney, I believe this team can gel and overcome adversity, and just may be better than last year’s team that had few problems until the time you need to be peaking. We are going to make a run for the big dance in Dallas. I think I will get my plane ticket now.

49. By rodney on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

Some people just ,Have to place the blame on brett , brad,who’s next AP,Moss,Me ,you.LETS SUPPORT THE TEAM LETS STOP THE BLAME YOU GUYS NEED TO BLAME YOU FOR BEING BAD FANS

50. By TWVIKE on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

Hey Davey- You sure know alot about chewing and putting objects in your mouth. Maybe you can get yourself a Chilly poster. Nite, nite to you Davey, pleasant wet dreams.

51. By rodney on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

TW can’t we all just get along !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

52. By mossidy on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

#8#4 THE BEST COMBO IN THE GAME FAVRE & MOSS SINCE JOE & RICE LET”S GO VIKINGS!!!!

53. By David on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

It’s okay Rodney– like I said and I really believe it– TW is just a teenager, maybe younger– that’s the Internet for you, anyone can get on it. We have no idea who is behind the screen, but TW’s attempt at rebuttal is always filled with things said on the playground– he is just a child- let him be– he is a hurting individual. It’s okay TW.

54. By mossidy on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

#40 SOUNDS LIKE FLYING SUASSER!

55. By rodney on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

I think the vikes win 27-24

56. By mossidy on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

IM STILL PICKING FAVRE & THE VIKINGS TO WIN IT ALL THIS LET”S GO VIKINGSLIFE.::

57. By TWVIKE on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

Not with Davey boy. I am 100% behind the Viking players just not Childress. Right now we are not even CLOSE to the team we were last season. Yes I came into the season with high expectations. We simply cant get it going!

58. By rodney on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

YOU never are tw.we will never repeat last year..we have to get over it and support our team bro..you cant blame brad…brett anyone else…….

59. By mossidy on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

IM JUST GLAD WE BEAT THE COWGIRLS THIS IS ARE TURNAROUND POINT BREAKPOINT ATTACK TO THE PLAYOFFS LIGHTS OUT @ LAMBEAU LAMBEA LET”S GO BIG PURPLE….

60. By rodney on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

TW I have coached football for 17 years you cant think you will do that good every year I have a good record but not everyone is lucky like that..Its just how it goes somtimes you know..

61. By TWVIKE on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

I have been a fan for 42 years and watch blow it every time we get close. Last year,1998, Darren Nelsons dropped pass on the goal line against Washington, etc. I am a Favre fan but I dont like Chilly. He will never get us over the hump.

62. By rodney on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

Thats football ..I grew up playing ball with brett he’s a good guy even know a lot of people don’t like him .We will get there one day you just have to hang in there man.

63. By Bruce on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

WTF, GO F U C K YOURSELF! I HAVE ADDRESSED THE OFFENSE PLENTY OF TIMES AND IF JAROD GOT 1 LOUSY SACK I MISSED THIS SEASON IT MUST NOT HAVE BEEN THAT GREAT!

64. By David on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

42 years being a fan– COME ON! NO WAY– that means you are probably in your late 40s to early 50s and you post stuff like the following:

YOU HAVE SERIOUS ISSUES — SERIOUSLY, DUDE. You need help.

65. By Bruce on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

Also WTF, Our Defense this year has not pressured the QB like last year. They have not generated that many turnovers and turnovers win games. They do not go for the strip like other teams do and that needs to be addressed, And don’t make this personal A**HOLE because I keep my comments directed at the coaching of this team and the play pf the players. That’s what I did when I coached and that’s what I’m doing now. If I see areas that need imrovement, I’m going to write about it on these boards just like everyone else does. So take your “Moron” comments and shove them up your **S!

66. By rodney on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

Man we have to get you guys boxing gloves…

67. By rodney on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

Hey bruce has a good point he has a right to comment..can we just support our team guys.We have a geat team they are human just like us we all make mistakes..

68. By Bruce on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

I apologize to the other posters for my language, especially any minors who happen to read these boards. But the guy just won’t let up and keep it from becoming personal.

69. By Bruce on Oct 20, 2010 | Reply

You want to refute what I say WTF (BTW your screen name helps explains a few things to me) fine, go ahead and refute it with your selected facts, but keep the name calling out of it and keep it civil.

70. By rodney on Oct 21, 2010 | Reply

WTF how do think the team like all the bad things you say bro.and when the fans fight that looks bad man….

71. By rodney on Oct 21, 2010 | Reply

WTF how do u think the team like all the bad things you say bro.and when the fans fight that looks bad man….

72. By rodney on Oct 21, 2010 | Reply

we should fight with the packer fans not each other…

73. By arahn on Oct 21, 2010 | Reply

@Rodney:
    agreed, bring me a packer fan and I’ll fight ‘em.

O.k. the win over the Cowboys was bigger than most are giving Vikes credit for. They were a talent/size stacked team giving us all of their effort and Vikes pulled-out a W. G-Bay doesn’t have near the talent that Dallas had going for it so it’s time for the Vikes to shine.

74. By rodney on Oct 21, 2010 | Reply

thats true arahn

75. By TWVIKE on Oct 21, 2010 | Reply

rodney-I was over on the Packer blog, it was like a morgue.As for the over educated self rightious pompous ass David, I just adore him.

76. By rocksalt on Oct 21, 2010 | Reply

once again, some believe only TRUE FANS are those who :
    1 Do not have higher expectations than the poor performances of our Offense
    2 Do not question coaching decisions
    3 Do not ever dare to critically examine team weaknesses
    4 Do not get frustrated or express frustration with mistakes, miscues.

According to them, only TRUE FANS simply act as cheerleaders, always optimistic, and FINALLY
    They believe that thinking good thoughts will make them teams problems go away! I Truly wish that reality worked this way, that I could simply wish the team well, and they would magically do well.
    HOW IGNORANT!
    Then, they resort to calling names to those who disagree!
    PS TALK TO DALLAS FANS…..YOU WILL NOTICE IT IS NATURAL FOR FANS TO EXPRESS FRUSTRATION WHEN THEIR EXPECTATIONS HAVE BEEN LET DOWN BY THAT MUCH.
    I, for one, would be content if our team was capable of playing a full 60 minutes..win or lose.

77. By TWVIKE on Oct 21, 2010 | Reply

rocksalt- NICE JOB!!!!!!!!

78. By TWVIKE on Oct 21, 2010 | Reply

Pro Bowler
    Allen
    Can
    Knock
    Even
    Rodgers
    Stupid

GO VIKES!!!!!! PS- Fire Chilly

79. By VAvikefan on Oct 21, 2010 | Reply

well said rocksalt!..

80. By WTF on Oct 21, 2010 | Reply

Dämn rocksalt, that’s the most insightful thing you’ve ever said in here. Watch out or I might start to like ya!

81. By vikingreality check on Oct 21, 2010 | Reply

Rocksalt- good points. Some people can only think on one spectrum and us one analogy. You don’t have to be a MD to identify a bad doctor, you don’t have to be a dentist to know that your dentist jacked up your mouth, and you most definately don’t have to be a NFL Coach to know that Chilli sucks at play calling. Being a fan doesn’t mean that youre blind to the truth, its time this team wake up, also the fans who beleive in poor decisions – and makes excuses for incompetency.

Whether Vick steps in or Kolb, the Eagles have instant chemistry irrespective of which QB starts. The Steelrs used 3 different QBs and won 3 out of four games. We have no excuse; we need to call better plays, utilize the talents more effectively and pull the playbook from childress. As simple as that. Get the O-line going to give Favre time and lets crush the Packers.

82. By chaos on Oct 21, 2010 | Reply

Redskins kill bears. lions lose in overtime, vikings kill packers.
    nfc north standings:
    bears4-3
    vikings 3-3
    packers3-4
    lions1-5

83. By fire childress on Oct 21, 2010 | Reply

this is a very big game, i believe if we lose, the season will be over. if we lose, lets get rid of Chilly and promote Frazier as a intern head coach

84. By VAvikefan on Oct 21, 2010 | Reply

“interim?” lol

85. By soldier1986 on Oct 21, 2010 | Reply

haha where is all the g@y stuff coming from? LMAO

86. By rodney on Oct 21, 2010 | Reply

vikes win 27-24

87. By chaos on Oct 21, 2010 | Reply

comment has been deemed hilarious and stricken from the record

88. By Bruce on Oct 21, 2010 | Reply

That’s the thing rocksalt, a true fan doesn’t just think happy thoughts, he also brings up issues that need to be addressed. The coaches do that and even the players do that. That is the ONLY way you fix mistakes is by seeing them first. A lot of fans also see things that the coaches might miss or things the coaches don’t put enough emphasis on. So by posting on these boards, maye a reporter reads it and brings it up or maybe players read these boards when they are bored or maybe even a coach reads the boards to get a guage on how the fans are feeling about the team’s progress and goals. So a true fan will see the glass as half full, but also bring up the point that it needs to be filled.

89. By David on Oct 21, 2010 | Reply

Bruce, I agree with you to a point. However, I don’t have the time to explain or educate on what I wrote about before, but I do know the coaches are not reading these blogs to prepare for games– that is pure nonsense.
    To think that the effect of support or non-support does not affect the performance of a team or person struggling displays a lack of knowledge of how the world was formed, designed, and fashioned, or on the nature of the spirit of man. Who, among you, would yell and condemn your children if they are struggling in school — call them idiots and spank them raw to make them perform– great encouragement!! We are products of our choices and reflections of our thoughts and our outcomes in life are determined by our expectations. If you expect you cannot do something, you do not try– Now I am trying to keep this basic, but trust me, I know it is true that the fan base affects the play on the field– I guarantee it– As for you and the majority on here to try and understand what I am speaking of while minimizing this reality to “happy thoughts,” what can I say? You don’t know it but you agree with me 100%. The proof is how all of you say the team needs to come out pumped up and want to win– our results are a product of what we believe and think before it happens. Trust me I am not ignorant– hardly.

90. By TWVIKE on Oct 21, 2010 | Reply

Amen!!!

91. By TWVIKE on Oct 21, 2010 | Reply

David- Your not? I think we should take a poll on that issue. That whole spanking raw thing, is that a personal experience? Oh please find the time to explain and educate. You are really full of yourself, arent you? Carry on, you have alot of work to do here.

92. By David on Oct 21, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, you got that right TW– I am full of myself. Now, when you say I have a lot of work to do to educate and explain , well now you are talkin’ sense. Awesome!
    However, the work is beyond my time limitations for this blog. You continue with the sarcasm, and stay in bliss– you know what they say is the root of bliss? Yep, so stay in that state.

93. By TWVIKE on Oct 21, 2010 | Reply

No you are awesome. It is to bad you are limited, it is our loss. You are the man among men. Try some bag balm on your raw bottom. We are 100% behind you.

94. By rodney on Oct 21, 2010 | Reply

common on boys play nice!!!!!!!!!!

95. By PurplePeopleEater on Oct 22, 2010 | Reply

David, just how is a handful of fans complaining on a blog comparable to a parent screaming at and spanking their child for struggling in school? The reality is that we (the complainers) are maybe 20 fans out of a fanbase of hundreds of thousands. That is a fraction so small that it couldn’t even be heard as a whisper, much less comparable to beating your child senseless.

Tell me, how is your condescending attitude coming even close to accomplishing your goal on here? You must have concluded by now that you are doing nothing more than turning people against you. So unless that is what you are trying to accomplish you are failing miserably. You might as well go to a biker bar and tell them all how they are all annoying you and your neighbors, coessentially destroying society with their extremely loud bikes. It will do nothing but get you into trouble.

96. By Bruce on Oct 22, 2010 | Reply

David, for you to assume it was my intent to convince everyone that coaches use their leisure time to read what fans are saying on these blogs and are using those suggetions in preparation for games, is ludicrous. I had no such motive, and it was only my intent to present the possibility, not probability, that such a simple thing as a coach or a player reading a blog could indeed have some subliminal effect on their own personal preparation for games. Or maybe I was presenting the idea that our observations might cause awareness for those players & coaches of what is going on beyond the walls of the locker room and the boundaries of a football field. All of God’s creations, which include H o m o sapiens, have the freedom to express their own human philosophies on life, whether it’s sports or interaction between strangers on a sports board. We all seem to have a common interest here, which is this football team winning games. And the more ideas which are presented in a diplomatic and non-confrontational way, the more they stand a better chance of being understood. And those efforts can possibly bringing about positive change whether it is small or large. And then couple that with how something as simple as someone reading their heartfelt suggestions will give that person personal satisfaction and gives them hope. Isn’t that a win, win outcome with absolutely no personal risks what so ever? And do this without having the distraction of personal issues taking over the subject matter which was meant to be given in the truest sense of giving, should also be our goal. Well then, don’t those personal acts ultimately build the hopes of anyone finally realizing that they do indeed have the ability to have a positive effect on something that they choose to value in life? And that also ultimately & hopefully, becomes a possible useful tool, for all of us to attain our common goal, which is our team winning.

97. By Bruce on Oct 22, 2010 | Reply

OR I can just say that fans want their team to win. their voices to be heard and they want to feel valued as fans without being criticized for stating how they feel. I prefer this post :-)

98. By TWVIKE on Oct 22, 2010 | Reply

If we all agreed, imagine how boring this site would be. If anything I have said has in anyway offended anyone but David, accept my appology. GO VIKINGS!!!!

99. By TWVIKE on Oct 22, 2010 | Reply

David- You are a regular walking Websters. This raw fanny thing of yours, for fun, foreplay, fetish? Maybe you are just a bad little boy who needs to be punished. I wouldnt figure you for a football fan, chess or minature golf. You are no doubt full of something, I believe it is called BULLS#!T.

100. By rocksalt on Oct 22, 2010 | Reply

David-
    Where is the proof that you insist exists between fans wishing a team to win and then making the incredible leap to determine that the fans collective wishes have accomplished the winning?
    Don’t all fans wishe their respective teams to win? If so ,then is a loss simply due (according to your model of cause and effect) to fans not wishing hard enough?
    This begins to sound a lot like the argument for faith made by many clergy in sunday sermons….that if only one has enough faith, then they will indeed ascend in the afterlife to heaven.
    This is much too metaphysical for football, which is simply an entertaining game played by highly payed athletes……
    David-
    Go and preach somewhere else.

101. By David on Oct 22, 2010 | Reply

I apologize to everyone if I angered anyone or belittled anyone. Including TWVIKE– especially to TW. I do believe in what I said, but I was over the top in my presentation and allowed the blogging forum to be a place for contention. We are all real people here, and not faceless postings. Again, I sincerely am sorry to act pretentious as I have.

102. By Bruce on Oct 22, 2010 | Reply

No problem David, you provided some great entertainment :-)

103. By TWVIKE on Oct 22, 2010 | Reply

David- You do not need to apologize. This is a place where you can share your views and or opinions. Eveybody will differ, from person to person. Just because I say fire Chilly does not mean all agree. I have had tiffs with many a Viking fan, but the following week we agree with each other. We are all Viking fans with different ideas and theories. That doesnt mean we are not behind our team. I will be a Vike fan for the remainder of my life. I hope you guys will be too.
    See David, you have taught me something( to,too,also)
    TW VIKE

104. By David on Oct 22, 2010 | Reply

Besides, it was fun. Now, let’s do something about that offensive line.

105. By TWVIKE on Oct 22, 2010 | Reply

hey david hey

106. By Bruce on Oct 22, 2010 | Reply

Couldn’t agree more on improving the pass protection. People don’t realize how just one more or one less second of time in the pocket can end up having so many diifferent outcomes.

107. By rodney on Oct 22, 2010 | Reply

That was nice for you guys to kiss and makeup…

108. By rodney on Oct 22, 2010 | Reply

LETS GO VIKINGS 27-24

109. By David on Oct 22, 2010 | Reply

Better protection would change everything– it is the missing key right now. Everything else seems to be coming together– we really aren’t that bad a shape– at the start of the season, had anyone said we might have two losses at this time– which might have been to the Superbowl champs and at the Jets, we would have said it might happen, and we can live with it– we have three losses, sure every game so far could have been won with a little smarter play calling- even one or two plays in each game that I see could have been the difference. But there is hope and these next two games are crucial– we must win them if we are a real contender– one our division rival, and the other a possible Superbowl contender. Vikings by 24 on Sunday.

110. By TWVIKE on Oct 23, 2010 | Reply

I dont know if we will win by 24, but we will win. The Miami loss at home hurts. Both the Jet and Saint games were win-able. Our team has no continuity right now. We look flat and play flat. I believe the Vikings thought just showing up was good enough for a win. Favre needs to get his offense on track now. Move the chains and play ball control, so are defense isnt on the field for most of the game. Brad needs to leave AP in on 3rd down. Defenses are not scared of Albert Young.

111. By David on Oct 23, 2010 | Reply

Absolutely TW– all our games were winnable. Losing to Miami at home was a shock to all of us, but they are not a basement team– we took them for granted.
    I think fans and the players thought it was a given that we would continue from the end of last year, but it does not work that way. It seems the team thought with Favre in place and most of the players back that they were entitled to win. Everyone is fighting to go to Dallas. Let’s hope the team’s fire is lit — I agree, 24 may be dreaming, but I think big.

112. By David on Oct 23, 2010 | Reply

Amendment– when I say everyone is fighting to go to Dallas, I meant all the teams are and that we will face resistance– it may have seemed I meant everyone on our team is fighting — may not seem that way. If everyone played like A.D., we would be unbeaten.

2. Oct 20, 2010: Childress Underscores Vikings-Packers Rivalry, NFC North Race | Vikings Stop Blog