Saturday Notes

Posted by Mike Wobschall on October 9, 2010 – 12:28 pm

The Vikings worked for roughly 90 minutes over the noon hour on Saturday under sunny skies and warm conditions as they begin to make final preparations for their Monday Night Football matchup with the NY Jets. It appeared as though everyone except CB Chris Cook was taking part in practice – Cook has been listed on the injury report with a knee injury and hasn’t practice at all this week.

Vikings Head Coach Brad Childress met briefly with reporters following practice and addressed a number of topics. Here are a few notes from the discussion…

– Childress said WR Randy Moss has done a good job of getting acclimated with the offense since arriving. Exactly how much Moss will play on Monday night is uncertain, but my sense is that he’ll be on the field more times than not. Childress also made a good point that Moss is able to help the Vikings with his knowledge of how the Jets defense operates as much as with his abilities as a receiver in the Vikings offense. Moss had been with New England since 2007 and has gotten quite familiar with the Jets defense over the year.

– Childress was asked about the injury to Cook and the head coach said he anticipates a quicker recovery from this knee injury than from the knee ailment that sidelined the rookie CB earlier in the season.

– QB Brett Favre is listed on the injury report with both ankle and right elbow injuries. Childress said the elbow issue came up after the bye week and he also said an MRI indicated a flare up. It’s something the team will monitor and manage but it doesn’t seem to be a major issue at this point.

– Finally, Childress said C John Sullivan, who is dealing with a pesky calf injury, continues to improve and has pushed through some on-field work lately. Sullivan will travel with the team to New York, so there’s a chance he could improve over the next 2 days and be on the field. Ryan Cook stepped in for Sullivan against the Detroit Lions in Week 3 and my guess is Cook would again be the replacement if Sullivan is unable to go.

Tags: , ,

11 Responses to “Saturday Notes”

1. By John on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

I’m eating noodles right now.

2. By Thomas on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

I think the pesky ankle injury will be with Brett, I expected that but the elbow is a
    another thing. I do feel Brett needs to be honest with everyone if this is getting bad, I wouldn’t pass it by him to try to stick it out because it’s his last year but he needs to put the team first this time. Brett I love watching you man but YOU need to make sure your the asset not the hindrance!

Bigg Tommy

3. By FloridaFan on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

brett has had this elbow injury before. it just needs to be managed. if he cuts down on his practice reps until it heals, he’ll be fine for the games.

4. By fmfan on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

last thing we need is Brett throwing more INTS. If his arm (elbow) is not 100% maybe he should sit on the bench and wait till he is healed up.

5. By Skol_Vikings on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

Anyone thing Action T-Jackson will get some reps this week?

6. By Skol_Vikings on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

thing = think

7. By UT TROY on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

Who is the Vikings Sideline Reporter?

8. By Lito on Oct 10, 2010 | Reply

Favre to Moss for his 500th touchdown.

9. By Alex on Oct 10, 2010 | Reply

Bret Farve’s injuries are never going to go away. I have played football my whole life and i have injuries that have never healed properly. I have broke my ankle, tore my ACL, broke my ribs, and i have a hip pointer. The only peace of advice i can give is exercise it out and hope it gets better. I have turned down scholar ships for football because of my injuries. I hate it. I hope you get better Bret.
    GOOOOOOOOOOO VIKINGS.

10. By jasmine on Oct 10, 2010 | Reply

Can someone please be positive about this all? Like favre has played thru alot of injuries and still come on fantastic. Don’t ever understimate someone for the power and strength they have because of something that can be managaed but more so, the person with the injury knows HOW to manage dealing with it. Give favre some credit. And please as a minnesotan and a vikings fan myself, everyone should be cheering so much right now and be so thankful that we not only have favre back but we are basically a double threat to every other team whom we play against. Have some confidence people. It’s depressing to see such downgrading comments.

2. Oct 9, 2010: Saturday Notes | Vikings Stop Blog