More Moss Notes

Posted by Mike Wobschall on October 8, 2010 – 2:57 pm

Hey, it’s been 10 hours since we’ve had a Randy Moss-related post here on the blog. So here are a few more notes on Minnesota’s newest WR…

– Moss has been a key player on the NFL’s top 2 scoring offenses of all-time, hauling in 17 TDs for the 1998 Vikings when they scored 556 points and then totaling an NFL record 23 TD catches for the 2007 Patriots, who set the league record for points scored in a season with 589. The ’98 Vikings went 15-1 and the ’07 Patriots went 16-0.

– Since entering the NFL, Moss has 151 receiving TDs, more than any other player over that span. He caught 50 TDs with the Patriots from 2007-2010, also the best in the league over that span. If you include rushing and receiving TDs, Moss has 152 TDs since entering the league and that mark ranks behind only RB LaDainian Tomlinson’s 154 over that span.

– Over his 13-year NFL career, Moss has averaged 1 TD for every 6.19 receptions, a total that is the best in NFL history among any receiver with at least 500 receptions. Moss has caught 151 TDs out of 935 career receptions.

– In NFL ranks, Moss ranks 10th all-time with 935 receptions, 5th with 14,604 receiving yards and 2nd with 151 receiving TDs.

– Moss has more TD receptions (50) since 2007 than any other player; Larry Fitzgerald, Jr. is next with 37.

– In 7 seasons with the Vikings, Moss has earned 5 Pro Bowls.

Tags:

61 Responses to “More Moss Notes”

1. By fire childress on Oct 8, 2010 | Reply

i hope the vikings play to win instead of not to lose. i think everyone will play good now that Moss is here, evryone will have a little spring in their step

2. By bill on Oct 8, 2010 | Reply

it’s all day, baby!

3. By dryes on Oct 8, 2010 | Reply

Yes! PLAY TO WIN!!!! Coaches stop talking about what you Don’t want and envision a Superbowl Victory 2011! Make it happen!

4. By CarterMossReed on Oct 8, 2010 | Reply

All star team favre moss rice peterson can you say this is better than the miami heats roster hahah I’m excited lets bring carter back also.

5. By DAVID4VIKINGSEVER on Oct 8, 2010 | Reply

DOSE ANYONE KNOW WHEN RICE WILL BE BACK

6. By 84 is back on Oct 8, 2010 | Reply

I love having Moss back, but one has to wondering if this team can ever make it threw a year with out always being in the news. Now Brett is back in the news for this text message mess, unreal. One day it would be nice for this team to just be in the headlines for winning a Superbowl not all this other stuff!!!

Lets hope they make the headlines for the next month for winning 4 really tough games in a row.

SKOL VIKINGS

7. By SoCalVike on Oct 8, 2010 | Reply

Wear the purple pants,they look good on Madden!

8. By Loren on Oct 8, 2010 | Reply

This Favre stuff is all B.S.People are so afraid now.The other teams on our schedule and in our division will do anything to try and sabotage Favre and our team.Is it coincidence this story came out right before we play the Jets?This is what is known as DIRTY POOL.Would we expect anything less from the Jets and Ryan.Shut up and play football.God I hope we kick their A$$.

9. By Quintin Smith on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

I believe everyone is happy too see moss back in the saddle, this vikings team has built a dynasty! “in my eyes”…….. and i want you to make all these sport casters eat there words, we believe in you! ALL OF YOU! YOUR A TEAM! AND THE BEST………..

10. By purple08 on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

Looks like Favre’s true colors are finally shining through. Sending por nographic photos to women.Dirty old man is all he is. I am ashamed to have him wearing the Vikings uniform. Cut him right away and start T-Jack.

11. By fire childress on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

lets cut purple08 from the blog section. all in favor say yes

12. By arahn on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

This is simply magical! Moss can now go into the Hall of Fame with his purple 84 jersey — keep him ’til he retires! And Farve + Moss playing the SB together with AD and company (Rice back in the game) and that outstanding Defense — It’s our dream team!

13. By arahn on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

@purple08:
    what are you, a gossipy school girl? First, who knows how much of that is true or just hype — do you really know all of what happened besides the gossip brought-out with ironic timing? Second, what does that have to do with the game on the field?

14. By everyone loves her on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

‘cx7jstole@hotmail.com’

15. By rodney on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

purple08 get a life bud.If brett goes to the superbowl you will want him to send you nude pics.with just him and the TROPHY..

16. By VikingsDx3 on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

Purple08 is a Packer fan with schitzophrenia.

17. By Ryan on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

Hope the coaching utilizes moss and the talent all around him, any smart decent coach can get a ring with this roster we have a star cast, lets hope chilly doesn’t obsess too much about the west coast offense and start airing it out like denny green and let moss do his thing. Peterson and harvin should benefit huge from with moss. Welker was a great slot guy because of moss, I know harvin will not see much double teaming and if they decide to drop a safety deep peterson will just torment the defense. When rice gets healthy two jump ball artist will bully there way in the endzone. The only puzzle that this team needs is o-line we still need to protect favre and this team will be unstoppable.

18. By CODY on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

VIKINGS OUT TO BUY THEMSELVES A WIN!

19. By vikingsfan4life on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

who cares if they are out to buy a win as you put it CODY, you do what it takes to win boy !!!! the bigger picture here is we might lose favre for 4 games for the BS allegations against him from that girl in NY..if it happened in NY 2 years ago and now she comes forward with it??? there’s something fishy here…………….either way 4 games is 4 games, we will just have to wait and see how this turns out I guess..

20. By vikingsfan4life on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

purple08 shut up and go home you are not a true vikings fan little boy !!!! until they prove that favre did that it is all here say got it little boy !!!!!!!!!!!!!! it just kills me on how dumb some of these people are out here..GO HOME “purple08″ !!!

21. By Cor-XLVikings ! on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

purple08 reminds me of Ms.Garrison on south park, a he- she that loves to get bent over by his boyfriend A.R. !

22. By purple08 on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

Hey, the media never lies. They would not report it if it wasn’t true. We all know that.

23. By vikingsfan4life on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

go home purple08, you are a dumb a$$, either way favre will play in the game on monday night with the jets they can’t change that now let’s just hope his mind is right and his head is in the game and not worrying about this BS..

24. By vikingsfan4life on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

either way the NFL will get to the bottom of this matter and if he did do it then he is out 4 games it is that simple………….purple08 go home a cheer for the packers………………………..

25. By vikingsfan4life on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

the media never lies, lol you are one dumb a$$, it’s the media that blow’s everything up, they make a bigger deal out of something that isn’t……….and everyone that is at least 3 years old knows that lol..go home purple08 you mommy is calling you..

26. By vikingsfan4life on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

either way if he is out for 4 games I think we will still be ok we still have TJack and webb as QB backups and I am sure they can get the ball to moss with no problems..we will see how all this turns out all in do time..either way favre -plays on monday night..

27. By vikingsfan4life on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

if you think about it favre in the last 3 games really has not done to much for the vikings, yes we did not have a good WR for him until now with us getting moss but I think even with him being out 4 games we will still be ok I hope anyway lol..time will tell I guess……………………………….

28. By Rogerthevikefan on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

Wow perfect timing almost like it was scripted and yes banish 08.

29. By rocksalt on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

This will be a tough game against the Jets, not only does our Offense need to step it up, but our Defense, which is near the bottom in both sacks and ints will need to step it up as well. I hope we can rise to the challenge.
    I also think the Favre story timing is fishy……

30. By Tom on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

Moss also has an interception. I hope we use him at the end of halfs in hail mary type of situations on defense.

31. By Skol_Vikings on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

Internet blogs = the place where spelling goes to die.

32. By fire childress on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

4 games? he will get fined if that

33. By James on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

So whats hank’s role also greg lewis we have a bunch of wideouts that will take up roster spots.

34. By soldier1986 on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

funny how all this comes out right before we play the jets. really? BRETT FAVRE!!!!! i dont believe this garbage one bit. who’s next? kurt warner? lol unreal guys. yeah brett favre goes around assaulting all these women. i hope we kick the s!#$ out of the jets for this. man they sure treat this legend like garbage. why does the media hate him so much?

35. By soldier1986 on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

@purple08 he media never lies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you must be the dumbest mother f@#$%$# on this earth. the media lies about everything. and they blow everything way out of proportion. all you do is rip on favre. i bet you didnt even appreciate what he did for us last year to huh? go home man. you dont even make sense

36. By mossfan33 on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

So excited to watch Farve to Moss that I wish it was Monday already!!

37. By larry2 on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

No one can say with certainty that this Favre story isn’t true. Who knows for sure what kind of contact he may have had with this woman. The part I am not buying is the sending photos of his manhood. I think Mr. Favre is al little bit smarter than that to send photos of his stuff with the chance of these photos getting into the wrong hands later on. With all the celebrity sextapes and other stuff that surfaces on a regular basis, you would have to be a fool to put yourself in that situation.

38. By BleedingPurple on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

I know there’s a lot of disappoinment surrounding our beloved Vikes. We all expected them to be doing better than what they are this season. There are many factors that contribute to this though. Injuries being the biggest. Brett Favre still not in full sync w/ the receiving corp (I’d love to see that change Monday). Some questionable decisions by Chilly. And the highly questionable allogations laid at Favre’s feet at a critical time in the Vike’s schedule this year. Has the media checked to see if the “victim” is a season ticket holder for the Jets or is it another unscrupulous case of slander and irresponible reporting. @ purple08, I’m far more confident that the NFL investigative techniques are far more thoughough at fact finding than “If it bleeds, it leads” reporting popular in the mass media. @ CODY, if the Vikes were “Out to buy a win” as you claim, why didn’t the organization go all out in dealing with San Diego to acquire Vincent Jackson?” ‘Nough negativity. Our purple grid-iron heroes are the all-star cast that many other less fortunate teams only dream of. Patience is what is called for. Moss is the link the Vike’s have been missing since we lost Rice to injury. with Moss on the roster, Berrian will no doubt step up to be the receiver he was last year, Harvin can enjoy his natural slot position and play “Where’s Waldo” w/ opponent’s defense and will provide more opportunities for Shiancoe to make some big plays as well. God help any opposing defenses when a healthy Rice returns as a starter. Expect to see a re-invigorated Vikings defense with an offense that finally finds its stride and is able to grind out sustained drives that allows our defense the rest they need.

39. By j vikes of texas on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

Moss will be a great help.

40. By j vikes of texas on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

Coming to the dome for the first time to see the VIKES repeat history against cowboys.Hope to meet true VIKING fans when I get there.

41. By fire childress on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

congratulations j vikes of Texas, i’ll be there too, season ticket holder for 18 years right here. it’s a very good experience, especially if we win. the main reason we lost games is

42. By purple08 on Oct 9, 2010 | Reply

Man you guys are easy to bait. I enjoy posting trash on here and then watching as you all have a conniption. Hilarious! Gee, no shi t guys.. I know the Lord Favre story is BS. The media never lies? That was sarcasm. Apparently not one of you geniuses could pick up on that. You guys need to stop taking things so seriously. You get so excited and call me names! lol… stop it you guys, you are going to hurt my feelings if you keep it up. Don’t worry though gang, I will be back on Monday night after Lord Favre plays like garbage again. I will then enlighten you all with my scintillating, educational opinions on the world of football, Favre and life in general. From here on in, we will simply refer to it as “Purple08’s Forum”. Goodnight Sportsfans!

43. By soldier1986 on Oct 10, 2010 | Reply

haha what a f@g

44. By fire childress on Oct 10, 2010 | Reply

yeah, if we win we don’t want to see you on here

45. By GoFavre20 on Oct 10, 2010 | Reply

GO RANDY GO … FORGET THE HATERS AND PLAY BALL, THIS IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME CHANCE … THIS IS A TEAM WITH DESTINY RIGHT IN FRONT OF IT … REACH OUT FOR IT GUYS, STRIVE, WHOLEHEARTEDLY STRIVE AND YOU WILL ARRIVE, ON THE PODIUM, HUMBLY ACCEPTING THE TITLE OF CHAMPIONS!!

46. By gggoose64 on Oct 10, 2010 | Reply

this is the first time i have commentrd on a blog. i have been a vikings fan since bud grant left the winnipeg blue bombers in the 60’s to coach the vikes. loved it when they played outside with now heaters just like they did in winnipeg. those were tough teams. i would love to see the vikings get that tough. just like favre was last year after he hurt his ankle. they all have to step up like and if they do they will be unstoppable

47. By purple08 on Oct 10, 2010 | Reply

I didn’t say we wouldn’t win. I said Favre would play like garbage(again). Hey Soldier, I am not the one in love with Brett…you are. That’s ok though soldier boy. I hear the armed forces are becoming more tolerant of ho mos exuals in the service so you should be alright. Say hi to your boyfriend Brett for me next time you send him a love letter.

48. By Jon Baker on Oct 10, 2010 | Reply

By the way purple08, your an idiot. The Vikings don’t need you as a fan or your comments. I know you like to stir things up with your comments, the only thing though, they get old. Go cheer for someone else.

49. By soldier1986 on Oct 10, 2010 | Reply

@purple08 you are an idiot. calling me soldier boy does not offend me. its called pride. im not gay you moron. at least we all know ho you feel about our armed forces. why dont you just leave the country if thats how you feel. you make me sick. i have respect for favre. were just tired of you repeated comments over and over. and i dare you to say that to my face or another soldiers face. just see what would happen. or better yet. a family of a military person. you make those stupid comments about me who die for you. man. god have mercy on your soul

50. By Jon Baker on Oct 10, 2010 | Reply

I agree with you soldier1986. I’m not in the military but do respect everyone including yourself that let us live free everyday thanks to what you do. I would love to see purple08 get dropped off in Afganistan. Not only would the Talaban like to shoot him, but the U.S. Military would too….

51. By purple08 on Oct 10, 2010 | Reply

You guys are absolutely ridiculous you know that? Soldier, you were the one who called me a f@g. My comments were directed at you, not the military. How is me saying the armed forces are becoming tolerant of g ays an insult. Unless you are truly h omophobic. You are the one with a problem. Don’t try to turn my words around and make it out as if I have challenged the U.S. military somehow. I make comments about Favre and add some lighthearted humour to an otherwise boring blog and you resort to unintelligent nonsense and name calling. I followed suit and dished it back to you and you couldn’t handle it. Grow up. You can dish it out but can’t take it. Someone gets under your skin and you use your service to this country as some sort crutch that you think entitles you to bully someone around. “you insult me and you insult this country” is that how it goes? By the way Jon Baker, I respect anyone who has served in the military. My father fought in WW11 you arrogant piece of s hit. I pity guys like you who judge other people from the comfort of their living room so as to make themselves feel better. Get off your high horse. You say my comments grow old…well people on here s ucking up to Favre day in and day out even though he plays terrible grows old for me. Last time I checked it was a free country. See you Monday night>

52. By soldier1986 on Oct 10, 2010 | Reply

@purple08 look man. i dont want to argue over something stupid. you may not meant anything towards the military. but how you said it looks like you were. just be careful how you word things. and yes. when it comes to the military i get serious. you dont understand man. our boys dont get the respect they deserve. i have heard some sick and cruel things towards our troops. one guy even told me f!@#$ you and all you patriotic f!@#$s. so if i came off with an attitude my apologies. yes i can dish anything people throw at me. i dont care what you say to me. i have to have a strong mind. so once again im sorry but just be careful on how you word things man. cuz peopl read that it looks like you dissed the military. im not saying that you did.

53. By Frederick Jones on Oct 10, 2010 | Reply

Hopefully Minnesota will pull out a win in New York. If they do not, it’s not the end of the world. The Vikings would be 1-3 if they lose, but could make the playoffs with a 9-2 record the rest of the way.

If they win, they would be 2-2 and need to go about 8-3 the rest of the way.

I haven’t stopped to figure it out, but I’ll bet Brad Childress has one of the best winning percentages among coaches in the NFL right now.

We were just plain lucky to get the coaching staff we have in Minnesota!

54. By purple08 on Oct 10, 2010 | Reply

As long as we are on the same page man. I would like to keep the discussion to football as much as possible. I am not one who tries to act like a tough guy from the safety of my computer. If you are indeed who you say you are, i have no doubt that you could whoop my a s s. My point is, I felt like you turned my trash talking towards you into something bigger and different than what was intended. I enjoy the verbal jousting that goes on here. It is entertainment and good fun…nothing more. There are people who are living in h ell everyday while we have it so easy. I accept your apology and you have mine in return. No hard feelings I hope. Now let’s get back to some good old fashioned smack talk and enjoy the rest of the season as a couple of fans of the same team. Don’t expect me to lighten up on Favre though. If he plays well I will give him his due credit, otherwise I will continue to irritate and annoy Vikings bloggers with my constant barage of insults towards Lord Brett Favre. Peace Out.

55. By Frederick Jones on Oct 10, 2010 | Reply

Brad Childress ranks 10th among active NFL coaches in winning percentage, just ahead of Lovie Smith, and Tom Coughlin (recent Super Bowl coaches).

Childress is also ranked 56th among all-time NFL Coaches.

My source was Pro Football Reference.com

56. By soldier1986 on Oct 10, 2010 | Reply

@purple08 hahaha agreed man. take it easy

57. By wezo on Oct 11, 2010 | Reply

Vikes gotta have patience, trust, & commitment in this topsy tirby season.Support from true viking fans is whats needed 4 this team to believe in themselves.Its takes a all around effort from both parties (something that DEM. & REP. cant do).But We can, an with that VIKIES play fast & play hard.

58. By wezo on Oct 11, 2010 | Reply

To re-itterate early posts.
    I find it funny too that this favre thing comes out 2years later just b-4 tha game.Then saying the commish. might have to review & rule on this gossip, with suspension or fines looming.I hope tha Jets didnt push this enevelope to b open, because if so they’ll gets whats coming to them, if not now then later. Either way wat goes around comes around, leave the result to ah higher power, and the chips will all fall in place.

59. By Dave on Oct 11, 2010 | Reply

I just want to see a superbowl trophy in our glass case lol

Skol vikes!!

60. By patticake6 on Oct 11, 2010 | Reply

I think this Favre rumor was brought up the week before the Jet’s game is to try and throw the team off. Why bring it up 2 years later. I believe the Jet’s supporters made this up because they were afraid of losing to the Vikes and had to do something to break their concentration.

2. Oct 8, 2010: More Moss Notes | Vikings Stop Blog