Vikings Reaction To Moss Addition Pours In

Posted by Mike Wobschall on October 6, 2010 – 12:52 pm

Reaction to the Vikings acquisition of Randy Moss will likely continue to trickle in, so rather than come up with creative paragraphs to introduce each quote, we’re just going to compile a working list of quotes.

We’ll begin with a new one from RB Adrian Peterson, and then include the thoughts we’ve already placed on other parts of the site. As new players chime in, we’ll add their quote to the top of this list.

Mark Wilf: “This is an exciting day for the Vikings organization and our fans. Randy has a special place in this organization’s history and we’re looking forward to his contributions going forward. It’s important to add good football players to the roster whenever possible, and with Randy we feel that’s exactly what we’ve done. We welcome him back to the team.”

Jared Allen: “Awesome. That’s the only way to describe it. He’s a heck of a player. That guy is a beast.”

Antoine Winfield: “I’m excited. I played one year with him here (2004) and he’s a great teammate. He’ll be great for our locker room. And he still has the skillset to get the job done.”

Adrian Peterson: “It’s a great move getting Randy Moss in here. We’ve just been missing something and I think he can give us another threat down the field. The opportunity to play with a guy like Randy Moss, one of the best wide receivers to ever play the game, that’s a chance that doesn’t come along every day. I’ve always been a fan of his and still am to this day. To have a chance to perform on the field with him and the talent that we have gathered here is pretty amazing.”

Brett Favre: “This is an exciting move, I think everybody feels that in the locker room. It’s rare you get to play with a future Hall of Famer and get to appreciate their talents up close. Randy Moss is a great player and his career speaks for itself. I’ve admired him from a distance for a long time and you can’t help but be impressed by the guy.”

Kevin Williams: “I think everybody was a little surprised when they heard the news, but I think it’s a good move. It will give us a spark and open some things up. Randy’s a guy who has always worked at his craft and I think that has showed over his whole career. He’s been successful and been a part of winning a lot of games. He’s one of the most competitive guys I’ve ever played with and I’m happy to have him back with us.”

Brad Childress: “We feel very good about the opportunity to add a player of Randy Moss’ caliber to this football team. He is a tremendous competitor and was an integral member of the Vikings organization from 1998-2004. Once again, ownership was completely supportive of our efforts to add a valuable football player to our team. I know the entire organization is thrilled to welcome him back to the Twin Cities and look forward to his contributions.”

Tags: , , , , ,

168 Responses to “Vikings Reaction To Moss Addition Pours In”

1. By Rick James on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

This is an absolutely great move! Finally we will be able to stretch the field and open up the underneath routes. I dare teams to put 8 in the box on us now with Randy the macho man Moss streaking downfield in one on one coverage! I also dare teams to spread out and run a soft zone on us with AP, ready to roll some heads, toting the rock up the field. Lets get him acclimated and ready to roll on a few packages Monday night! We need him for the stretch! I hope the entire Viking fanbase is as energized and jacked from this move as I am! GO VIKES!!!!

2. By yayvikes on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

good going chilly i believe it was well worth it. moss and rice i like how that sound

3. By Kong Lee on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

AMEN rick

4. By Kong Lee on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

RANDY RICE COMBO HERE WE GO

5. By THE NEW BIG THREE4,84,28 on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

MAN I WAS WISHING FOR MOSS THAT BRETT FAVRE NEEDED RANDY MOSS THE ONE CAN HELP THE VIKINGS BRETT FAVRE WOULD BE RANDY MOSS NOW MY WISH CAME TRUE AMAZING NOW YOU CAN THROW THOSE BOMBS TO TWO RELIABLE RECIEVERS RANDY AND SYDNEY THE SUPERFREAK”S..

6. By roger on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

You know what now there will be two cry babies….Favre and Moss. Im glad they are together, Hope Moss keeps his pants on and doesn’t start where he left off when they canned him before.

7. By Todd on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

This is a great move by the Vikings. The re-addition of Moss to the team adds so much more to the Vikings offense. With him on the field, there were will be so many threats that teams will have to try and pick the lessor of all the evils to leave in single coverage. Plus it will take a huge load off AP and we will not have to rely on him as much to move the offense down the field. Favre now will have so many more options it will be awesome. Can’t wait to see the Freak on the field Monday…

8. By THE NEW BIG THREE4,84,28 on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

YOU KNOW AND I KNOW CHEESHEADS ARE GOING DOWN THIS SEASON I SMELL CHEESE QUESADILLAS !SWEEP!

9. By sean p. on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Its great to be a vikings fan.

10. By rodd on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

PLEASE don’t anybody say “way to go childress”. moss started it by voicing his no-contract extension offer to the patriots. rice aided it by not getting surgery in february and waiting until august. farve came back (which was ziggy tossing out the cash) not for his love of coach and has pressed to play with moss since 2007. IN SPITE OF “chilly”, we may climb out of this hole. NOT if they keep the play calling as vanilla & predictable. GIVE FARVE THE OFFENSE AND leave frazier alone on the other side of the ball. maybe “chilly” can concentrate on doing something to improve special teams play? OR GET RID OF HIM !!!

11. By Happy on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

So glad to see Randy back. We needed a spark and a little swagger, and I believe we have it now. The line really needs to allow Brett just a little time, and everything will be golden.

12. By sean p. on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

I was sick to my stomach then they traded him the first time. Now lets go get some W’s and take that divison again. SKOL VIKS

13. By Nick on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

You can put a W for the game against the Pats! Randy will certainly make them pay!

14. By THE NEW BIG THREE4,84,28 on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

RANDY MOSS SHOULD GET A “C” ON HIS JERSEY FOR SURE!!!!

15. By ORVikingFan on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

I think its funny that RANDY has played every team but the Vikings :-) We were gonna get things going before this…but now its sealed! Only way we lose is if we give away the games ourselves….Bet the North (Bears, GB & Lions) are having nightmares all over again!!! GOOO VIKES!! WELCOME HOME MOSS!!! WE VIKING FANS LOVE YA!

16. By ORVikingFan on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Im glad randy is back were he started, were he will finish his career and where he will win his SB ring!

17. By William on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

An excellent move that the Vikes needed to salvage a chance to go all the way. Welcome back Mr. Randy Moss we need you.

18. By Siyrah on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Great job Chilly. I’ll say that since people tend to smash you no matter what you do right. I see you get smashed for play calling on games where you’re not even calling the plays but the off/def coordinators. You have Brett Favre, Adrian Peterson, and Randy Moss… I don’t know how anyone could say you’re doing a bad job. I’ll take those 3 on any team.

19. By vikefsan10 on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

im thinking 98 season with a better outcome this year superbowl!!!! moss back again! 98 we had robert smith now we have adrian peterson! we have a killer defesne fantastic kicker! we have the explosive percy harvin and when rice gets back watch out with hank baskett being 6’4 we have 3 6’4 recivers and and explosive slot in harvin unstopable try to stop the run we’ll pass try and stop the pass we will dominate highest scoring offense is back!!!! skol vikings

20. By Nick Glenn on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

OMG this is Great and a Dream come true to see. I live in AL and am FOR SURE flying to Min. this year to watch a home game. Right after me and my girl get Moss and Favre jerseys ordered. :) THANKS TO THE FRONT OFFICE FOR GETTING THIS DONE…..GREAT MOVE

WELCOME HOME MOSS!

21. By soldier1986 on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

@roger yeah favre is a big baby. considering he plays through injuries you couldnt even imagine playing through. and he’s 40. i guess he’s a baby when he plays with a broken thumb on his throwing hand, or a broken foot, broken ribs, broken wrist, sprained ankle, pulled muscles all over his body. want me to keep going? to call favre a baby is dumb. i know manning wouldn’t last 1 minute in favres shoes. favre is a beast. thats why they call him THE IRON MAN

22. By jc1141 on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

The best part about getting Randy back in the purple is the fact that thier opponents now have to change the way they had originally planned on playing them. Regardless of his numbers, just having Moss changes alot of things insofar as how defenses will approach the Vikings Offense. This was a good move by the Vikings management, no doubht.

23. By JAI on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Welcome Home Mr. Moss

24. By BIgRich on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

I remember favre saying something like “the stars have to be aligned” to win a super bowl. Well this looks like the stars are starting to align… i don’t know but I feel something magical happening. I was soooo upset when the vikings traded Randy Moss to the raiders and have been saying “How do you trade one of the best wide outs of all time?” ever since. I always wanted Moss to come back to Minny and finish his career it’s only right. Thank you Moss for 90 TD’s you scored 98-04 I look forward to seeing some more. Let’s go finish that unfinished buisness you said you had in Minnesota all those years ago. SUPER BOWL!!!!!! Go VIKES SKOL!!!!

25. By Vikings Diva on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

I see a great combo ahead … Moss, Rice, and Harvin, Favre, Peterson, Shinaco. All star team ahead! Just don’t let us down!

I agree with some. “Chilly” as everyone seems to call him, to me he just isn’t as spirited (for lack of a better word) as some of the other coaches. I can see that Favre and ‘Chilly’ disagree a lot, and I am concerned that Moss is going to catch a attitude again.

I wonder if the owner is willing to dish out the money for Moss and Favre, plus all his other all star players. If things don’t improve or there are disagreements, will he replace ”Chilly”??? IMO if things don’t improve, yes they do need to replace them. “Chilly” to me doesn’t light a fire under the players butts! Not like some of the other coaches I’ve seen…

I wonder if Dungy would consider going back to coaching? He coached the Colts to the superbowl…Who knows?

26. By Meekay on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

This made me excited for the season all over again. Monday cannot come soon enough.

27. By fire childress on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

well said, i just hope they get a long term contract signed soon. the longer they wait, the less chance of it happening.

28. By drock on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

superbowl homeboy!
    just throw it up dawg!

29. By Richard on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Yes, yes, and yes one more time!!!!! So we win the Superbowl (or maybe not), but now that Randy is back and he gets an extension. Does Brett decide to give it another go next year??? Hmmmmm… very interesting indeed!!!!

30. By Vikebabe on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

YEEHAA!!!! I just couldn’t hold it in any longer!! Welcome home Moss, looking forward to a lot of sore throats i’ll be gettign from cheering! My friend Willy, who is your dear friend actually cried today from joy, keep him crying and i’ll supply the tissue. GO VIKES!!!!

31. By Larry on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Welcome Home Randy.To the rest of the NFL.How do ya like us now?

32. By TBell on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

I am a Bears fan but I have nothing but respect for Randy Moss. Living in Boston I was able to watch him perform weekly. Vike fans this man has not lost a single step and put him with one of the all time great gunslingers … be prepared for great times. Bad move for the Patriots, great move for the Vikes, and bad news for my beloved Bears :(

33. By Federico on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

In life everything is Moooooossible!!! We must welcome our prodigal son and let’s make a party

34. By Kirsten on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Its great to be a vikings fan. Welcome home Randy=]

35. By meswant on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

This is the best thing since sliced bread!!! Wow, I am soo pumped about the possiblities!!! Now that Brett has a wr, just can not wait till rice & shiancoe are both back!! Man, if everyone gets on the same page, we will win the SB this year!!!! This will also let AP prove that he is the best RB in the NFL!!!!

36. By Scott Johnson on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

The best part is no one likes this trade except the Vikings and their fans, exactly how it should be. My Packers fan friends at work are nervous and worried. Yes!

37. By mb on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

this scenario will be complete once Childress is GONE

38. By THE NEW BIG THREE4,84,28 on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

RANDY BUST OUT THE ALL PINK JORDAN”S FOR BREAST CANCER!

39. By Eugene on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

The key to this puzzle coming together is letting Favre run the show now that you have the best wideout and the best RB in the business let the Hall of Famer run the show he been doing it on the field for 20 years make it happen Skol Vikings!!

40. By Pat on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Welcome back Randy!! We’re thrilled to have you back. Go get ‘em!!!!

41. By THE NEW BIG THREE4,84,28, on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

I ALLWAYS WONDERD WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE TO HAVE RICEMOSSFAVRE CRAZY!!!! THEY SHOULD MAKE POSTER OF THEM SHIRTS OFF EATING WHITE RICE TOGETHER YOU HEAR ME DANIEL SON WAX ON WAX OFF LETS GO VIKINGS!

42. By Russ Smith on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Our prayers have been answered – welcome back – now let’s start winning games and get to the Super Bowl

43. By THE NEW BIG THREE4,84,28, on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

FOCUS,FOCUS,I SAID FOCUS FAVREMOSSRICE!

44. By David on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Randy and Sydney is exciting but seeing how that opens up things for Percy, Shiancoe, and A.P. should be awesome to watch!!!!

45. By John on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

This trade came out of left field. I was thinking jackson from San diego and anybody that resembles a wr. This is a god send and now hardly wait to Monday Night Football. I don’t expect Randy to cure everything but its sure gonna help. He can still catch a ball and does it with relative ease so Favre is going to love this guy. Skol Vikings.

46. By THE NEW BIG THREE4,84,28, on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

TELL ME THIS IS GOOD TIMEING WE NEEDED A RCVR AND MOSS WANTED OUT OF PATS PERFECT TIMEING IT WAS MENT TO BE I LOVE ARE NEW JERSEYS STYLE NOW PERFECT NUMBERS #4#84

47. By Luke on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

its time to trade t jack to the cardials.

48. By rocksalt on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Our entire offense benefits from this- opposing Defenses will have to repect the deep threat, which will in turn not allow so many men in the box against the run. Also, Percy Shank and Camarillo should benefit from anything open underneath……

49. By rocksalt on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Berrian should be able to hold Randy’s towel…..

50. By THE NEW BIG THREE4,84,28, on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

IT WOULD BE THE BEST WHEN RANDY AND FAVRE CAN GO TO DALLAS STADIUM AND WHEN A RAING THERE SWEET REVENGE LETS ALL MAKE THAT HAPPEN THEY ARE THERE HERE AND PROVING IT TOGETHER LETS GO MINNESOTA VIKINGS!

51. By jon on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Roger *down below* your a schmuck. just because you wont amount to anything in your life. GO MOSS AND GO FAVRE!! :D once again.. schmuck

52. By jon on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

i mean wayy up roger guy..schmuck lol

53. By THE NEW BIG THREE4,84,28, on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

OFFENCE NEEDS TO STEP IT UP A KNOCH NOW THAT FAVRE CAN BUST SOME FLEA FLICKERS TO MOSS THE BOSS..

54. By crazicanuck on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

The ” Freak ” is commin home, it’s about time. Welcome home Randy,you know you look good in purple!
    Release the Freak here we come.

55. By Go Vikes on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Oh this is going to be an exciting season, Sure hope that the chemistry between Favre and Moss is good. Can’t wait to take those packers down again, I can smell the shredded cheddar already. Welcome home Randy, the vikings are going explode down the green with you!!

56. By Richard on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

OK!!!!! O-LINE lets go!!!!! Do your job and lets get the show on the road. SUPERBOWL here we come…. The Lombardi is coming to OUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!

57. By DON on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Favre will get him the ball(moss) and ap will run all over, when rice gets back and they get clicking watch out, play good D and score some points, lets go VIKES

58. By Cor-XLVikings ! on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Moss wide right, Rice wide left, Harvin in the slot, Shank at t.e. Peterson in the backfield ! who you gonna stop ha, WHO ? packer,bear nightmare has begun just in time for tick or treats ! GET SCARED EVERYONE WE PLAY !

59. By rocksalt on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Jump ball to super freak!

60. By Adam on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

I’m not a vikings fan either but I am a Packers fan and Randy Moss is a great addition for the vikings but he’s NO GUARNTEE that the vikings will go to the superbowl even with Favre. When Favre was with the Packers he also had great weopons at his side (they were probably as good as Moss) and he was only able to take us to the superbowl once. And when Randy was at Minnesota he had good quarterbacks throwing him the ball then too and you guys didn’t go. I don’t expect things to change this year other than Favre has someone he can throw too that is more likely to catch the ball. I
    With that said, I think Childress made a DUMB move to get Randy, last time he was here he was nothing but trouble (and I don’t mean as a deep threat) and who saids he’s gonna behave this time. I doubt he will

61. By BRAD on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

GREAT NEWS HES BACK #84 BAD NEWS STUCK WITH CHILLY FOR WHAT WILL SEEM LIKE 4 EVER

62. By Vikebabe on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Thanks everyone! I can’t quit the giddy in my giddy up just reading these blogs. I can soooo feel the energy as each of you type one after another!! So proud to be a Viking fan, keep me giddy!

63. By Lee on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

STRAIGHT CASH HOMEY! Welcome back to Minnesota, Randy Moss!

64. By Vikebabe on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Hey Adam, Eve’s looking for you! SEE YA!

65. By Sheppy on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

I am so excited to have the Superfreak back in purple. It is time to win this Division again. Now I have to dust off that purple 84 jersey and where did I put that Randy Moss mask again?

66. By rocksalt on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Adam-
    Go back to cheeseland……..frikkin’ wimp

67. By boo busch on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

i think it`s great that we got him. its like 89 when we had carter reed ismal, walsh smith hoard, moss, & cunningham now we have moss, harvin, peterson, shinaco, rice and farve now the wr can get open watch out here we come

68. By soldier1986 on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

does anyone realize when chilldress is talking in his interviews, he has a monotone. no enthuseism when he talks. lol he talks so quitet i can barely hear him. and i just watched his intervies after picking up moss. he sounds like eore from winnie the pooh. we just got randy moss back man. sound alittle more excited. lol. it funny

69. By boo busch on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

opps i dint mean 89 i meant 98 when we should have went to the super bowl with the most powerful offense

70. By Vikebabe on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Boo,
    All true Viking Fans knew what you meant! You’re all good.

71. By FM on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

OMG this is like a dream come true…. just “fantasizing” about this with a friend not more than a week ago.

Welcome back Randy!

You are a beast.

Now i need to go find my #84 jersey. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!

72. By mattmik62 on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

WTF are you smoking Adam ? Who was as good as Moss that GB had ? There isn’t anybody like him in the league, past and present…freakin Cheesebrain !

73. By Hilary on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

I am getting tired of everyone bashing Childress. He’s been the coach that was smart enough to put this team together. I think he deserves credit for working this out. Taking a chance with a retired and re-retired Favre, taking a chance with Peterson when others were scared of his injury from his senior year, taking a chance with Allen, drafting Sidney Rice, and that’s just the beginning.

74. By atk047 on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

I can’t believe he is actually coming back! The SuperFreak is here! I love how randy plays the game. I think that he and brett favre will be a perfect duo. Also not to mention we will own when sidney rice comes back! Here we go vikings fans, Superfreak Act II. Hold on to your hats.

75. By Tomvike on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

With all due respect to Childress, in whom I am not a believer,not enough credit is being given to the Wilfs as owners. They have opened the checkbook like no other to put together a team with great talent. This team is and has been made by the owners. Thanks for giving it up to be a winner, I sincerely hope that we in Minnesota help you get a new stadium due to your terrific commitment.

76. By lifelongvikesfan on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Ok first off I have been a Vikes fan for 22 years so yes I know what I am talking about.

Ok do any of the long time Vikes fans (not the AP/Favre Bandwagon jumpers) even remember WHY they got rid of Moss? He caused problems and fights in the locker room, twice before games were even over removed his Jersey and walked off the field, admitted to only playing 100% when he “felt like it” and would even bad mouth the Vikings.

Now if he is a different person than I will be more than happy to see him back in the purple and gold but until I see different I am not going to get excited about seeing him back, lets hope his tenure in N.E. got his head on straight

77. By RAYMOND on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

wow!!!!! nuf said

78. By Robo on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

It’s a dream come true. But the Vikes will be 1-3 after next week with a very tough schedule….they will battle all year to make the playoffs, but at least it will be a nice entertaining season. Sains are still the team to beat no doubt about it, and it pains me as a Vikings man to say it.

79. By fanofthelifelongvikesfan on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

moss is NOT the BOSS in vikes land. I remember all the stunts he pulled, the bad language he used. Running from the police when they pulled him over. He is not or never will be an asset if he has not cleaned up his act; he is not a one man team. I understand we need a receiver but I am not happy with the vikes choice- he was really bad for the moral of the team and fans. I do hope he has changed.

80. By Jim on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Robo, Why are you giving up on the Jets game? I say 2-2 after MOnday night!!

81. By duluth anno shinabe on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Thank you to the greatest owner the Minnesota Vikings have ever had!Mr Zigy Wilf has not only supplied the coaching staff with the best players to be had either through the draft,free agency,or trades, He also has never meddled with the job the coaches have to do with the team day in and out.Trading for Randy Moss takes the cake!!! P.S. ‘member the way he would blow up on Monday Night Football when he was in purple…look out Jets.

82. By Pat the Viking on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

I think Randy has mature alot and he know that he has just so many years left before he will retire.

I think now he’s trying to plan ahead and get his act together since he arrived in New England – it was uncertain of his future there – now he needs a contract for his remaining years – BUT we need INCENTIVES in there for performance – RECs & TDs incentives – so BOTH parties will benefit.

83. By ron iowa on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

wowww welcome back moss now we can dust them shirts off hopefully him and favre connect instantly and we put a spankin on the jets and start winning continously cant wait for monday

84. By woodboat on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

I need to apologise to those that kept saying “We need to go get Moss.”. I thought you were dreaming, to be kind. It appears I grossly overestimated the Patriots staff. Way to go Vikes for making this trade!!

85. By burnett on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

son sayes i agree MOSSSOME

86. By Happy on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Some of you need to settle down and give Moss a chance. Didn’t you ever act up when you were young? I know I got in all sorts of trouble, and now am not the same type of person at all. By the way, welcome back to Minnesota Randy. Glad you could make it.

87. By John on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Thank you, Wilfs! You are the best owners I have ever seen for the Vikings.

88. By CA Norwegian on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Strange, I see Moss getting doubled and opening things up for Shenk, Harvin and Yess BB. He can still streak, and if Brett can get it over the top with that bad ankle… BB is still a good streaker under single coverage. ( a fully clothed streaker that is!) When other people light it up, I think they will still double Moss. Brett will force it or not? IF so, Moss will pull some magic out of the hat. When Rice is back, someone is going to get open or single coverage and Brett or Tavaris or Webb will find them. I think with those receivers and AP we can roll with any of them in the pocket. A rolling stone gathersl no Moss. I guess Chilli is no rolling stone. Every! Body! Block! and we will win it all.

89. By Elgar on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Get off Chilly’s back. If you were half as smart, you might be pulling in seven figures coaching in the NFL too, but I can see that you’re not.

Welcome back 84. It’s been a while, and if the opponents aren’t scared yet, they will certainly come to regret it..

90. By soldier1986 on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

hey everyone. wouldnt it be funny if favre and moss mooned lambeau field together like moss did years ago? i would laugh so hard i would cry watching brett do that

91. By Klara in WI on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

This is the best news!!! Especially if you are a Vikes fan in Wisconsin. The Pucker fans are all ticked off because Favre wanted Moss when he was with them and now they know they are in trouble!!

92. By soldier1986 on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

@klara im from wisconsin too. right on

93. By john on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

frave has the gun and now has the bullets { moss,peterson,harven,rice] welcome back randy moss,we missed you

94. By fire childress on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

if Rice comes back soon enough, maybe we can still get home field throughout the playoffs

95. By Bove on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

I called it after Randy got a goose egg for my fantasy team this week. I cried out “bring him back to MN!!!!! Still can’t believe they actually did it. Sometime life throws you a good one. What a difference a day makes. Welcome back Randy!

96. By NY Viking on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

I figured this might happen next year to go along with the signing of McNabb, but when I heard the news this morning I almost drove off the road. This is GREAT!!!!!! We never should’ve traded him to begin with. Now if teams put 8 in the box they do it at their own risk. This should open up the field for AP to run wild. And wait ’til Rice gets back. And if our D keeps playing at its present level….I can’t breathe, I can’t breathe!!!!

97. By mike30286 on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

way to go vikes i think getting moss back was a very good move ty

98. By NY Viking on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Now that Randy’s back I want Joe Buck barred from broadcasting the Vikes. This way he won’t have to witness the most disgusting thing he’s ever seen (Randy FAKE mooning Packers fans). Pleeeease. The most disgusting thing I’ve ever seen was his HBO show!!!

99. By mike30286 on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

i think getting moss back was a very good move ty

100. By Viking fan for life on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

I want to thank the organization for making this move. It was a sad day when we released Moss. Now he’s back and let’s rally around him players. We still need the offensive line to get better. Mckinnie needs to stop underachieving. Gets carted off the field with a finger injury. You’re a beast, go out and show that you’re a future HOF. LETS GO VIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

101. By soldier1986 on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

@NY VIKING your right. my dad is a huge packer fan and he laughed his a@# off when moss fake mooned the packer fans. because it wasnt a big deal. it was funny. oh and he loves favre too so its all good. but yeah joe buck is a moron. i cant stand him anyway

102. By calitime on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Sure Randy Moss is a deep threat down the field, but Favre has not thrown the ball well at all this year…7int all of last year…6 so far this year…Brett better figure it out soon if he thinks he can just throw it up to Moss all day

103. By VIKESFORLIFE on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

This is awesome a wish come true been a vikes fan since 1970 DIEHARD…..been through all the years 4 super bowl losses championship game heartbreaks I’ve been waiting a very long time time just to get back in the super bowl again and this time bring that Lombardi trophy home just to feel that one time before I die is my wish…………. with that said this nuclius of pro bowl players killer DEFENSE AND THE HIGH POWERED OFFENSE( When MOSS suits up and puts that number84 back on this team will be on a mission and I’m gonna enjoy this like I did in the past WELCOME HOME MOSS GO VIKES!!!!!!!!!

104. By ORVikingFan on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

some other vikings fans and myself were asking for this instead of Vjax (dont get me wrong I would of took vjax, but this is 10x better)…I m glad Randy is finally back home where he belongs…WELCOME HOME MOSS!

105. By ORVikingFan on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

NOW MOSS AND FAVRE CAN BOTH “FAKE” MOON THE PACKERS…HEHEHE

106. By jeff on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

great job vikes

107. By The IMOSSible Dream on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Glad that my childhood hero is back and ready to go. Funny how him and Favre battled for six years and now they’re together. This offense could be more dangerous than in ’98 (once we get Sid back). Our family is so excited, including my dog Percy (literally, my dog’s name). Estatic to have you back 84, don’t let the haters keep you down

108. By fire childress on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

minneapolis will go nuts if the vikings win the superbowl, after the parade, they will cut the ribben for the new stadium with the mayor and a big smile on his face

109. By THE NEW BIG THREE4,84,28, on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

MOONESOTA FAVREKINGS 4,84,

110. By THE NEW BIG THREE4,84,28, on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

THE FREAKS #84 #18

111. By 4+decadesbleedingpurple on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Dusting off my Moss jersey!
    The pieses are in place.. SuperBowl Homeboy!

112. By 4+decadesbleedingpurple on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

shoot sorry spellcheck seems to be broke

113. By jon k on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

lets go vikes time for some wins the old way. BLOW OUTS

114. By Texas Viking on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

made my day when I heard the news! Brett and Randy will open it up.2nd best news since culpeppers blown knee. Getting Brett #1. Should of gotten rid of the worst qb [that fat no-passing sorrya#* not in the game no more culpepper] and kept MOSS way back then! Been a Fan since the begining and thru it all. 1 history correction ,in my humble opinion, Jeff George was the man in 98. Cuningham was out for most of the season , came back to lose the play-off game didnt he?

115. By onendone on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Chilly can’t get the credit on this one…it’s all about the ownership here! These guys want a Championship, and they want it yesterday! Oooeee, it’s good to be a Vikings fan these days!

btw, did you hear that noise coming from the east?
    it was the collective sound of pants being shatted!

116. By Warren Grant on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

HERE WE GO!!!! I live in Northern California, and we have a HUGE following of Vikings fans here. To have Randy Moss come back to the Vikings on MY birthday is the best present I could ask for….Now lets bleed some purple!!

117. By matt on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

I know this is very exciting and everything, but i believe that we should still stick to the running game. AP still needs to be the main man In my opinion.

118. By IL Vikefan on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

I cant wait to see how this move works out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the only dilema I have is………am I going to have to purchase another Moss Jersey or is the old faithful #84 going to do? Oh Worry me?? lol! GO VIKES!!!!!!

119. By Pete on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Zygi Wilf, Thank you. You guys have done it again. Time and Time again the Wilf’s do whatever it takes to keep the Vikings in the hunt. Red Mccombs was not a good owner. It has been so refreshing to have The Wilf’s in town. You can see improvment in every place of the Vikings organization since Zygi came to town.

120. By Cyguy on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Too bad Favre’s arm is sorta noodle for the bombs. He is not 30 folks. Did you not see how badly he underthrew Berrian just 2 weeks ago on a deep ball where Berrian had 3 steps on the defender and the ball was underthrown for a pick??

Maybe with Tjack we might see the bombs….not with Favre.

121. By purple08 on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

Way to go Childress!! Best coach in the league. T-Jack to Moss…can you imagine that. Awesome. Lets just hope Lord Favre has will retire soon and maybe we can win the Superbowl. Yay Childress… he’s our man!!

122. By fire childress on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

the great thing is we only need to score about 17 points to win the games, not 40 like 1998

123. By McCarthy on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

ALL I CAN SAY IS WE ARE BACK FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE NFL AND WILL EASILIY BEAT THE NFC CONFRENCE AND MAKE IT 2 THE SUPERBOWL WIT OUT A DOUBT….THERES SO MUCH MOTIVATION FOR THIS TEAM NOW THAT I WISH WE COULD DO THE NEW ORLEAN AINT’S GRUDGE MATCH AGAIN…LETS SEE THEM CONTAIN THE OFFENSES WITH MOSS….PLUS IM THINK RANDY IS SO!!!!!! HAPPY 2 BE BACK THAT HE WONT DO ANYTHING TO JEPORDIZE THIS YEAR AND MAYBE FUTURE YEARS WIT THE VIKINGS…..IM SO EXCITED AND GLAD THAT MOSS IS BACK HOME AND IS WHERE HE BELONGED HIS ENTIRE CAREER…(BLAME THE OLD VIKING MANAGEMENT….BUT NOW LOOK AT ALL THEM…ESPECIALLY MIKE TICE)….VIKINGS ARE FINALLY READY 2 PICK UP FROM WHERE THEY STARTED LAST YEAR

124. By WTF on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

McCarthy – that had nothing to do with Viking management. Moss was traded by Red McCombs in an effort to put a couple of bucks in his own pocket (yep the majority of the deal was money to the owner) while simultaneously skrewing over the team just before he sold it off.

It’s so nice to have owners like the Wilfs running the team now. If only our state leaders had the brains to understand just how valuable they are to Minnesota, we’d already have a deal in place to get their stadium built and wouldn’t have to worry about them moving to a different state where they can realize positive income.

Here’s to the last year in MN Ziggi, hopefully the Vikes will go out with a bang. You did everything that could have been expected of an NFL owner.

125. By Stephanie on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

did I just read that T-Jack should be playing instead of Favre…yeah, Randy Moss would love that (sarcasm). what did T-Jack show in preseason that makes anyone think he’d be better than Favre? WITH RICE last year Brett had 33 TD’s and 7 INTs and he didn’t really start clicking with receivers till the 4th game. Percy Harvin wasn’t even practicing or playing much during the preseason this year. you throw in 2 new receivers, Bernard Berrien not playing that well, Harvin still getting up to speed, and Greg Lewis being mediocre and it wouldn’t matter who you had in at QB. I’ve watched all three games. Believe me…Favre is more the answer than T-Jack.

126. By Cheng Thao on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

OMG OMG IT IS OVA! ONCE SIDNEY COMES BACK ITS OVA FOR SURE! THERE AINT NO STOPPING THIS OFFENSE! IT’S GOTTA BE THE BEST OFFENSE ONCE RICE IS BACK IN THE LINE UP NO DOUBT! NFL START GETTING READY TO TALK ABOUT MINNESOTA CAUSE YOU GONNA HEAR A LOT ABOUT THEM!!!!

127. By fire childress on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

in a good economy the stadium would of already been built. 41 staes have a budget deficit, Minnesota is one of the few states still in the black, but barely. they probably want to keep it that way. the only hope of builing a stadium is a superbowl and the fact it would put 10,000 people to work

128. By Dave on Oct 6, 2010 | Reply

T-Jack? T-Jack? why down grade? If you want excitement, mobility, the bomb. Lets get Webb some playtime Give Farve a breather for a series or two in the 3rd and or 4th quarters. Get him ready for when that hit on farve comes (God I hope not), but if it does T-Jack wont get us through 1 playoff game. WELCOME HOME RANDY YYYYYEEEEEEEEHHHAAAAAA round em up 69.

129. By Dave on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

I cut my football teeth during the Fran Tarkington years, most exciting Vikings football in 30 years. Put Moss, Adrian, Farve and Get Rice back on the field and we have one exciting Season ahead. How quickly they gel together will determine if we are 13 and 3 or 14 and 2. One thing that is certain – playoffs baby! unless Farve falls apart, our supper bowl hopes are alive and kicking again. All you naysayers crawl back under your rocks – This is a great day in Vikings football. One more thing, I think the NFL is absolutely wrong to attack Allan’s sack celebration, absolutely ignorant, biased and unfair.

130. By 10FrancisAsburyTarkenton10 on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

This was truly a “NO BRAINER”!!

All the >>PROBLEMS<< that Moss had with him were over exagerated.

C.C. (80) was on outside the lines with nothing but praise for Randy and what a great teammate he was.

I can't wait for Monday night because Revis was already yapping how Randy "QUIT" in week 2 against the Jets.

This is my first post ever and I felt compelled to say something.

Monday will be a party so order your kegs NOW!!!! GO VIKES!!!!!!!!!!

131. By evalu8er on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

Brett has wanted to play with randy Moss forever. It’s funny hearing Brett say, “It’s not often you get to play with a HOF player.’ the Vikings now have a few of them. Now with Adrian, Harvin, Shank, and Big Sid when he’s ready–add randy Moss and no way can they protect aainst all that. i think Brett can just tell Randy to run as far as he can and Brett will find him. Brett in the past has been willing to give up part of his salary to pay for randy, so I am sure everybody is happy. TT at Green Bay would not bring in Randy even oif Brett paid the salary bu giving up his.

Can’t wait to see the packers. TT worst nightmare. Welcome home Randy–jared has been looking for you LOL

132. By frederickz42 on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

no one is even talking about the best part of this trade. Adrian Peterson. moss is going to make coverage focus a little more on the wide-outs and a little less on the best back in the game. just wait for rice to come back, AD will run all over everyone!

133. By Viking-ology on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

Awesome to have Moss back on our side! Now offense, lets score some serious points! SKOL VIKINGS!

134. By Vegas Viking on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

@Purple08 please do us all a favor and go back to your Packer site, you’re not fooling anyone with your rants, if you really believe TJack is the answer, I have some ocean front property I’ll sell you here in Vegas too!

Favre to Moss is going to set the NFL on fire the rest of the season, too bad your Packer team is looking very mortal lately, its ok to admit your scared though, we won’t hold it against you, after all, your a packer fan.

135. By bill on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

the moon is full over lambeau tonight!

when cthe moon hit’s your eye,
    like a big pizza pie,
    that’s our moss, ay?

and charles woodson, if your listeneng, don’t forget to ‘pack’ a lunch, it’s going to be a long day at lambeau!

and it’s another lambeau bleep!

136. By fire childress on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

yeah, purple 08 is not his real log in name, his real name it’s Green Bay by the way side

137. By Tom on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

Welcome back home Randy Moss!!

Great trade by the Minnesota Viking ownership and coaching staff. Thank you Favre for voicing your favor for this trade. You are a true leader. This has signs of 1998 all over again plus a ring as the end result!

138. By msbemidji on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

I am pleased to hear that he’s returned, however, I hope he’s grown up.

139. By soldier1986 on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

@purple08 you are on some serious drugs. t jack to moss???? you would rather have t jack at qb then favre??? i would rather have favre on his bad days than t jack. and we all know your a packer fan. just leave and shut up man. you dont know football. and you can t jack if you want him

140. By Skull on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

I applaud the organization,Great job for getting this done. This is great for the sport as well as Vikings.
    I purchased tickets to the New England game over the summer to see my Vikes and see Randy, never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would see him playing with us. Can’t wait

141. By Smiley Danger on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

WHOA!!!!! THIS IS HUGE! #84 BACK IN PURPLE, THE WHOLE NFL NEEDS TO WATCH OUT! packers, bears and lions… WE ARE COMING FOR YOU!

142. By negirl83 on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

congrats guys! i live in new england so thats my team but minnesota is my 2nd fav! i have to say, our loss (or shall i say stupidity) is your gain, and honestly when you guys come to see us on the 31st i’ll be wearing purple! love favre & seeing how this is like 99.999999% chance to be his last season i hope you guys can go all the way! you need a season with moss & favre like NE had in ’07 when brady & moss first got together, they were unstoppable! fingers crossed!

143. By jkj1982 on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

I think in addition to Moss back in the line-up we will see that old Favre that we saw last year having fun slappin ass and playing like a kid again GO VIKES!!

144. By mark57 on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

Hey I am a diehard Viking fan from South Carolina since 1967 I love my
    Vikes. Just want to welcome Randy back . Now let’s kick some butts.

145. By TERRY Clark Clark on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

YA HOO!!! ON TO ANOTHER SUPER BOWL RUN!!! YEAH!!!!!!

146. By SuperBowlChamp09 on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

Who would have thought of this, heres a little tid bit for everyone to share farves 500th touchdown to randy moss over the top of darrelle revis on monday night football, its like a dream…….

147. By Richard on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

I’ve been a viking fan since 1969, went to the Metrodome to see the vikes play the lions this year. It was my first time to see the vikes play live WOW! Now I will come back again this year so I can see Randy in action too. I live in Utah, it is not easy to get to a viking game,every viking fan in Minnesota should do what they can so they stay in Minnesota! SKOL VIKINGS!

148. By purplefavrefan on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

awesome…looking forward to a fantastic air show!!

149. By TexasViking on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

I think this is great news. We definetly needed something like this because Bernard was not getitng it done. I hope all of our other receivers can hang on to the ball when it is thrown to them, that’s been a big problem. I hope our “O” line can protect Favre and give him time to throw. Istill think we need to work on a lot of things, but the “Superfreak” coming is a HUGE step in the right direction. Let’s just hope Childress does not blow this like he has a history of blowing things. I hope this Randy Moss spark lights and fires up the entire team and our season. We need it! Go Vikes and welcome home Randy. Let’s show all these doubters and haters that the Vikings are indeed the “BEST TEAM IN THE NFL”!!!!

150. By TJ on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

Moss has never been a team player and only looks out for himself. He cries anytime he feels you’re not throwing to him enough and is notorious for quitting on routes that aren’t designed to go his way. At the end of every season he whines about his contract and wants more money. To pay him and put up with his BS just to get 12 or 13 games out of him only makes the Vikings look desperate. The Vikings are a great team; they’re just a little under the weather. But now they’ve just come down with cancer!

151. By Zack on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

Great move…now I have to search high and low for the box in my basement that has all my old jerseys…I hope my moss jersey still fits

152. By vikingsfan1955 on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

I can’t believe I forgot another reciever we have that is very dangerous and thats harvin. Even though he has those migrains he doesn’t mis many games and when he is in thats another reciever that helps unstack the box for ap.

153. By favre4realviking on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

YES!!!! favre,moss,rice,peterson,harvin and more! dare i say this might be the year we go all the way? GO VIKINGS GO!

154. By John on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

good luck with him. He’s NOT a team player, he’s totally out for himself. It will be comical to see Favre throw interception after interception trying to force the ball downfield to Moss, all in an effort to keep the Perennial Malcontent happy. And if Favre goes down with an injury Moss will show his true colors immediately. He caused trouble in MN before, he was trouble in Oakland, he was trouble in New England, and mark my word there will be MORE trouble in MN. Good riddance !

155. By Jim on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

I wonder if he’ll be wearing one of his gangsta-rap hoodlum costumes, with headphones and 3 hats at his press conference today ? That’s how he showed up the last time he spoke in New England. Let’s see how the Vikings front office reacts if he disrupts the playing of the National Anthem, like he did on Monday Night Football this week. He was also heard yelling “let’s go
    N-ggers” on an NFL film microphone. What would happen if Favre or Brady yelled that ? Moss will behave until things don’t go his way.

156. By turry on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

Guess the Vikes will need a couple more pails of Ben-Gay for the old fella’s (Farve and Moss). Yuk! Yuk!

157. By Johnny B on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

TJ John and Jim. What is wrong with you knuckleheads. All these guys are out for themselves. The superstars have so much money that is not an issue. Moss is a competitor along with Brett and AD. thEY WANT TO WIN a ring. Moss I pulled the 84 jersey out. I am sure the cheese heads and bears are changing their shorts. SKOL

158. By Chewy on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

I live in central Wisconsin and have loved the Vikings since I was 8. I can see the fear in all of my friends eyes now that the Moss Man is back. Moss, Peterson, Shank, Percy, Rice, Camarillo, Berian, Favre. It’s all over but the crying in the State I’m living in.

159. By purple08 on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

HaHa! I’m just messin’ with you guys. I’m very excited to see what Favre can do with Moss in the offense. As long as we win we will all be happy. Whether I dislike Favre or not. SKOL Vikings!

160. By Dave on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

First off, SUPER PUMPED about this! :D

Also, I wonder if anyone on the team has a problem w/ aquiring Moss? I sure hope not, but I heard someone talking today that Shancoe wasn’t too thrilled w/ the pick up…anyone else heard that?

161. By viking 4 ever on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

maybe moss can do an encore of his moon of the green bay fans if he catches a td pass when we play at lambeau. the cheese heads are going down.

162. By Dawn Wisconsin on Oct 8, 2010 | Reply

Been reading the new posts…PURPLE08 your always on here cutting on Favre. Tarkenton doesnt even come close to Favre. Sure he might of been good back in his heydays..But never finished the record Favre has.
    I agree that Brett had something to say and was involved getting Moss there.It happened in GB and management did not go along with it.PURPLE08if you dont have any thing constructive to say about the team..
    GO to the Packers blog…GOOD LUCK GUYS!!

163. By chaos on Oct 14, 2010 | Reply

randy moss is the best reciever of all time. brett farve really wasnt playing all that bad, he didnt have anyone to stretch the field. harvin is a amazing reciever but he cant stretch the field like rice or moss. the vikings were ready to explode offensively against the jets, but farve fumbled on two first downs. in his defense the ball was a little wet and he is human. even LT fumbled out of bounds and he is famous for holding onto the ball. look for farve to play even better than last year once he gets rice back

164. By Biolog.Nl on Jan 31, 2014 | Reply

If you desire, you are able to choose one in the Las Vegas hotels since the setting for your Las Vegas NV big event, reception and honeymoon.
    Mostly a brief history of business was able to control various inventions and technologies.
    There are a couple of significant improvements made over Vista, as well as the most part, it’s just
    a version of Vista that’s both stable plus more user-friendly.

2. Oct 6, 2010: Vikings Reaction To Moss Addition Pours In | Vikings Stop Blog
  3. Oct 6, 2010: Vikings Blog
  4. Oct 7, 2010: Vikings reacquire WR Moss in deal with Patriots « Ninacasper56's Blog
  5. Oct 17, 2010: Vikings Re-Acquire Moss And Boost Super Bowl Hopes « Sports Hop