It’s finally game day as kickoff to the 2010 regular season is now just hours away. But the anticipation still mounts. To hold you over for just a few more hours, here are a few game-day notes to chew on…
Vikings On Opening Day
– Vikings Head Coach Brad Childress is 3-1 in season openers, defeating the Washington Redskins 19-16 in 2006, the Atlanta Falcons 24-3 in ‘07, the Cleveland Browns 34-20 in ‘09 and falling to the Green Bay Packers 24-19 in 2008.
– Over the team’s 49-year history, the Vikings are a combined 28-20-1 on opening day.
– The Vikings have opened the regular season against the Saints just twice, both games in New Orleans in 1976 (9/12) and 1978 (9/3). Minnesota is 1-1 in those games, beating the Saints 40-9 in 1976 and losing 24-31 two years later .
Vikings vs. Saints Series Notes
– The Vikings hold an overall 20-8-0 record against the Saints; they are 12-2 at home and 8-6 at New Orleans.
– The Vikings have outscored New Orleans 771-493 in the 28-game series and have averaged 27.5 points per game against the Saints.
– The Vikings have won the last 3 of the last 4 matchups in the Super Dome.
– Fourteen of the Vikings 20 wins have been by 10+ points and 7 of them have been by 20+ points.
Posted in All, Mike Wobschall | 12 Comments »