Sullivan Listed As Probable On Final Injury Report

Posted by Mike Wobschall on September 8, 2010 – 11:42 am

On Tuesday we examined the Vikings options at C heading into the season-opener in New Orleans, concluding that regular starter John Sullivan represented the best option even though he has missed extended training  camp and preseason time with a calf injury. But given his time away from the practice field over the past month, we also took a look at alternative options should Sullivan be unable to play on Thursday evening in New Orleans.

Today the Vikings and Saints issued their final injury reports for the week and there’s some good news for the Vikings. Sullivan, who has been a limited participant in practice all week, was listed as probable, meaning there’s a “virtual certainty” that he’ll play. What the plan is for his playing time on Thursday night is unknown, but it looks like he may be on the field in some capacity to open the season.

Other injury report news includes RB Toby Gerhart and CB Cedric Griffin being listed as questionable (50% chance of playing), QB Brett Favre and S Jamarca Sanford being listed as probable and both CB Chris Cook and DT Jimmy Kennedy being listed as doubtful (25% chance of playing).

For the Saints, WR Marques Colston, TE Jimmy Graham, DT Anthony Hargrove, S Pierson Prioleau, CB Tracy Porter and LB Jonathan Vilma are listed as probable. T Zach Strief is questionable and LB Stanley Arnoux and RB Chris Ivory are listed as out.

45 Responses to “Sullivan Listed As Probable On Final Injury Report”

1. By Lance on Sep 8, 2010 | Reply

PLEASE FIX THE AUDIO ON YOUR PRESS CONFERENCES. I CAN HEAR THE PLAYERS JUST FINE BUT CAN’T HEAR THE QUESTIONS BEING ASKED

2. By Toby in CA on Sep 8, 2010 | Reply

i agree with lance, without hearing the questions being asked whats the point of listening? thats why i dont watch them….

3. By Darrell on Sep 8, 2010 | Reply

I doubt anyone has a mic on the reporters asking the Q’s, which I agree is not much help when trying to figure out what the coach or players answers refer to.
    Please mic the reporters.

4. By dann on Sep 8, 2010 | Reply

Mike, it’s simple really, just use a couple room mics near the reporters. I told you this last year!! Believe me, better press conference audio will improve your sites traffic by 50%..SKOL!!!

5. By Woodboat on Sep 8, 2010 | Reply

He obviously has a mic in use picking up what the reports say. I can’t believe that he has such good hearing that he can provide an occasional transcription of the pressers without another recording to work from. Although, I must admit, I really enjoy watching Childress stare blankly into the foreground, nodding occasionaly, and then after a 20 second question, answer…. “no”. VERY insightful.

6. By Rogerthevikefan on Sep 8, 2010 | Reply

After this game saints will not have a starter that is not on the injured list.

7. By Al Meier on Sep 8, 2010 | Reply

If the reporters asking questions will not have mics, at least superimpose the question on the “screen” that we can read as we are watching. I realize that must be done after a live conference, but that would improve the end product.

8. By OLDSCHOOL on Sep 8, 2010 | Reply

LET’S GO SULLY!

9. By Russ on Sep 8, 2010 | Reply

I also totally agree about the press conferences…..you cant understand a single word they are saying…I find myself wonering what the question was while Chilly is answering…..get some MICS in there so we can hear.I stopped listening to them cuz I couldnt hear. Its like having a guest speaker at a deaf mute conference..Is that too much to ask for the vikings fans?

10. By nola on Sep 8, 2010 | Reply

Viking Fan’s If Sullivan is probable watch for our Rookie #67 Junior Galette. He plays DE and LB. He likes to explode up the middle. WHODATNATION Tick Tock, Tick Tock ! 1 day 3 hours 19 minutes.

11. By Pierre on Sep 8, 2010 | Reply

I agree that its hard to hear what the questions are thats being asked. But I suggest two ways of solving this: Eithe ryou adopt a professional way of being interviewed and you repeat the question, or you teleprompt teh question in the lowermost of the screen. You used to have a written version of the videoconference and when you did, I had to read along while i played teh videoconference.

12. By Cor-XLVikings ! on Sep 8, 2010 | Reply

a parade ? no school ? I love it,,, all the hater’s on nfl network,espn of the vikings,
    and looser 3rd grade educated saints fan’s on our web site thinking what they put on here matter’s- that’s a joke, all this will be shut up after we win, they won’t even be in the nfc championship game again. go after parker’s – hargrove’s knee’s they are weak there and brees head ! we gave you last years game, that WON”T happen again.

13. By Purplenurple on Sep 8, 2010 | Reply

Nola has been watching alot of turd eater press that strokes;Jerry Jones, one hit wonder Saints(formerly known as the paper bag bunch)and the A.Rodgers 2010 shoe-in MVP -mail the packers the L trophy now crowd.
    They also happen to be the same press that predicted
    COWBOYS 2009 SB run. Gentleman,it’s game 1,all serious bets are off as to who will be left standing at the end.Don’t count the old man & the Vkings out just yet.

14. By vikingsfreak225 on Sep 8, 2010 | Reply

after the saints game tyhe saints will not want to face the vikings again.

GO VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. By rick on Sep 8, 2010 | Reply

I will be crucified for saying this but come on people, the vikes secondary may very well be picked apart. Quit talking like this is going to be a cakewalk. I only wish it would be!!!

16. By Rogerthevikefan on Sep 8, 2010 | Reply

You break brees in half they will fall apart. I hate to say this but edwards get as many cheap shots as you want on the tool I mean brees. The reason I hate saying that is the VIKES are NOT CHEATERS like the piece of garbage I mean aints.

17. By OLDSCHOOL on Sep 8, 2010 | Reply

Rick is rightttttttt…..our secondary sucks and the only way we win this game is to control the clock using the run game…..which is the problem….our O-Line hasn’t blocked in the running game for a year!? AP needs to have 25 to 30 carries for about 170 and 3 TD’s! Brett needs to just hand the ball off and get the H@#$ out of the way! If this doesn’t happen……we are going to get our a#$%$ handed to us! PERIOD……JUST BEING REAL PEOPLE!

18. By jim on Sep 8, 2010 | Reply

With no microphones on the reporters then we shall never hear the questions.

19. By WTF on Sep 8, 2010 | Reply

Rogerthevikingfan – I think that Brett is thinking the same way as you are. Somehow I got the impression that he was lieing in his press conference when he was saying that he didn’t think he was getting any cheap shots in that game. He was just building up the chance for our D to do the same thing to their QB. He wants our guys to hit Brees just as late as he was getting hit, and by saying that he thinks they were clean hits means that just about anything that happens to Brees tomorrow night should be considered clean as well!

If only his words could have the desired effect…

20. By Rand on Sep 8, 2010 | Reply

I cannot hear the questions on your press conferences. Please make the proper adjustments.

21. By Roger on Sep 8, 2010 | Reply

I agree with the majority of Vikings fans. If we can’t hear the questions its hard to grasp what Childress, Favre, or AP is saying. It would be nice if you would remedy that. That said, I’m confidant we’ll play well on Thursday and we have a great chance of winning. I’ll be in my purple tomorrow. Go Vikings.

22. By Viking-ology on Sep 8, 2010 | Reply

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Refs laid down some’ground rules’ before the game. I think the Vikes will rely heavily on the ground game and quick screens and slants. I hope the Vikings punish the Saints. I like Brees, but he is a Saint. Favre is the man.SKOL VIKINGS!

23. By Sarah on Sep 9, 2010 | Reply

Here for the game. The place stinks! Really stinks!
    Just like last year. Beggars everywhere.
    I hope they cleaned up the dome this time.
    I kept coming out of my shoes last year because they
    stuck to the floor so bad and the seats weren’t any
    better. NO fans get up in your face—nasty!
    Can’t wait to get the h out of here.
    Our stadium is old but at least it’s cleaned before
    each game.
    Nasty place!!

24. By John on Sep 9, 2010 | Reply

Agree…Put some microphones around the room. No fun guessing what the question was. I live in FL. and wanted to see my idol Favre play one game live but tickets were $250.00 for nose bleeds, so we might go to one of the Biloxi casinos and watch at the sports bar, but I might watch at home because I want to hear the announcers.
    Its payback time for grandpa Brett!!

Go VIKES!

25. By Purplenurple on Sep 9, 2010 | Reply

It’s official! Steve Wyche of NFL network just declared the Saints the winner by knock out.He’s sooooo insightful with his ” not forgotten ” Saints
    offense diatribe.What a douche.D-lineman Hargrove should be their next senior writer.

26. By Purplenurple on Sep 9, 2010 | Reply

I bet you all didn’t know if the Saints jump up big early, “the starch” will be taken out of the Viking’s run game because of time constraints.Steve Wyche knows!—–pure genius.Now we all know who was the ghost writer for Madden’s gems.

27. By Purplenurple on Sep 9, 2010 | Reply

Rick,you’re correct,we may lose.We are beat up.But it’s sooooo sickening to listen to the sports press giving us NO chance.As the late-not so great-Denny Green once said,”you wanna crown dare a@% then go ahead and crown dare A@%”

28. By OLDSCHOOL on Sep 9, 2010 | Reply

First, SARAH….my wife and I visited New Orleans about 3 years ago for my Birthday……some Birthday!????? That place sucks, stinks, (Like you said), and the people there are nothing but helpless beggers! We were going to stay for 4 days and I paid the airline an extra $200 to go back early! I got sick of being approached for money, no police presense at all( One of the most corupt Police Dept. in the country…..FACT)! I love how the media spins that place and the Katrina thing and the people there! What a joke!! Like the media was all over our Vikes in the off season…..one of the top 3 teams in the league…..NOW…….it seems as though we suck now and we might not even make the playoffs……kinda like Dallas was going to the SB and hand us our A#$ in the Playoffs last year…..WHAT A JOKE!

29. By OLDSCHOOL on Sep 9, 2010 | Reply

The media is such a joke……..if I hear another thing about the Saints, Aaron Rodgers( Who has done nothing in this league YET) and the Jets I’m gonna freak out! I love how the media just jumps on certain teams and they won’t get off of it! It is real simple…..the media needs to be right about Brett and our team because it blew up in their face last year……..REMEMBER…..they just kept on waiting for Brett to blow up….but it never happen! Now…you listen to them….he’s way to old now…..as though he was put into a time machine and his body somehow aged 4 times the amount over the last 6 months…it’s CRAZY! and the ankle thing…..Brett’s ankle….Brett’s ankjle……well…..if you medis guys payed attention and wrote correctly…Brett has said that his ankle has been that way for a few years…..NOTHING DIFFERENT! D#$%^!

30. By nola on Sep 9, 2010 | Reply

I predict all of you writing these threads wish you had Sean Payton as your Head Coach than Brad Childress. He is the problem not the players.
    WHODATNATION Tick Tock, Tick Tock. Best of luck you will need it.

31. By Richard on Sep 9, 2010 | Reply

Payton sent his group of thugs out there in the championship game to get the qb out of the game, I only hope chilly and the vikings defense return the same treatment to their qb, only not for one game, but for the season!!!!

32. By rick on Sep 9, 2010 | Reply

OK this is the DAY!! Keep the saints off the field. AP…this has got to be one of your best performances! NO TURNOVERS

33. By PAULA on Sep 9, 2010 | Reply

While i’m concerned, we still have all the components to win…….
    SO GO VIKES!!!!!!

34. By Big D Dave on Sep 9, 2010 | Reply

Peterson has 4 fumbles, favre throws 2 interceptions…and the Vikings lose again.

35. By Big D Dave on Sep 9, 2010 | Reply

The vikings may not even win the division this year. Lucky to be a 10-6 team with losses to the saints, Giants, Cowboys, Patriots and 2 losses against the Packers.

36. By PAULA on Sep 9, 2010 | Reply

Dear little d dave……Go Away

37. By Big D Dave on Sep 9, 2010 | Reply

What’s Minnesota gonna do when they move the vikings to Los Angeles?

38. By Big D Dave on Sep 9, 2010 | Reply

Zygi WilfThe Metrodome, home to the Minnesota Vikings, is 28 years old, and team owner Zygi Wilf’s lease runs out after the 2011 season.

If the team doesn’t get an agreement on a new stadium, Wilf will be moving the team out of Minnesota, according to Forbes.com. The most likely destination, the site says, is Los Angeles, where two different groups of investors are trying to build stadiums.

Forbes notes that Wilf has done everything he can to wring more cash out of the Metrodome, such as creating a high-end Gridiron Club that members spend $2,500 to attend each season and selling the naming rights to the field to Mall of America.

39. By Big D Dave on Sep 9, 2010 | Reply

I read where Toronto wants a NFL team…maybe the Vikings can move there since the city won’t help in getting a new stadium.

40. By Big D Dave on Sep 9, 2010 | Reply

Toronto Vikings…has a nice ring to it. far better than the LA Vikings.

41. By Rogerthevikefan on Sep 9, 2010 | Reply

Why didn’t any aint fan I mean bandwagon jumper truly watch the game there was holding on the aints first td and that was just the start of the cheating. With all the cheap shots. Hargrove picked Farve up and drove him into the ground extremly illegal and then the high low by mccray and the other dirtbag another one that was never called. This game will be different the Vikes will kill those who mean Farve harm. Plus the D will dish out more than enough pay back. Just watch Brees will be carted off the field never to be seen again.

42. By rodney on Sep 9, 2010 | Reply

NEWS FLASH WHEN VIKINGS WIN TONIGHT THEY WILL BE PASSING OUT PAPER BAGS AT THE EXITS…FOR THE SAINT FANs. IN CASE OF A FIRE PLEASE SAINTS FANS STAY CLOSE TO THE VIKING FANS THEY CAN HELP YOU GET OUT!!!!!!!!!

43. By rodney on Sep 9, 2010 | Reply

I heard if the saints lose tonight the saint they will not wear bags on there head .They will wear condom on there head.I guess the saying is true they are a bunch of d_- k heads

44. By Chris on Sep 9, 2010 | Reply

Yeah lil davey, I don’t think the vikes will be going anywhere soon (other than the super bowl and I’m sure glad it’s not gonna be in that filthy superdump).

With that said, our secondary is going to be a soft spot tonight. It sucks that Rice is out for the first 6 games. Our D-line needs to go out there and play smash mouth football. Go out there and beat them down relentlessly. Put Breez on the grass down after down.

I agree with the everyone about the press conferences. I’d like to watch them, but it’s frustrating when you can’t even hear the questions.

I’m extremely interested to see what the media (especially ESPN) has to say when the vikings win. Farve has won over 75% of his season openers, and the Vikings have beaten the Saints every time in the regular season since 2001. Three of the last four in New Orleans. On the other side of the coin, the defending champs have won their openers the past 11 years. Who know for sure what will happen tonight. I hope to see the Vikes come out looking like the sharp unit they were last year. I’m stoked for this game. Been waiting over eight months for this one.

————————————-LETS GO VIKINGS————————————

45. By Viking-ology on Sep 9, 2010 | Reply

Yep its incredible how no-one thinks the Vikes stand a chance tonite-or for the season for that matter. Seems like Tedy Brusci is hoping Favre goes down. I think he is jealous… The Vikes are just gonna have to shut those dopes up and make an early statement. Final score 27-23 Minn. Go Vikes!!