Vikings Announce 53-Man Roster

Posted by Mike Wobschall on September 4, 2010 – 3:50 pm

Over the past several months and through the offseason program, training camp and the preseason, the Vikings have been preparing to defend back-to-back division titles during the 2010 season. A major part of that preparation is evaluating players in an effort to shape the roster.

On Saturday the Vikings cut 20 players in order to get down to the 53-man roster limit in front of the 5:00 p.m. CT deadline.

The players cut by the Vikings today are: S Colt Anderson, G Thomas Austin, G Adrian Battles, WR Taye Biddle, WR Freddie Brown, T Patrick Brown, T Chris Clark, FB Ryan D’Imperio, WR Marquis Hamilton, RB Ian Johnson, DT Tremaine Johnson, K Rhys Lloyd, TE Garrett Mills, DE Mike Montgomery, WR Logan Payne, T Drew Radovich, CB Marcus Sherels, LB Nate Triplett, WR Javon Walker and CB DeAndre Wright.

View The Full Roster

View The Current Unofficial Depth Chart

The next step for teams is to assemble a practice squad, will be announced tomorrow. Practice squads have a limit of 8 members and those players will be able to practice with the Vikings tomorrow as the team prepares for its season-opening game at New Orleans on Thursday, September 9.

218 Responses to “Vikings Announce 53-Man Roster”

1. By MikeD on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Payne, Biddle and Walker cut? Does that mean that we are gonna offer Houshamazilla a deal?

2. By jaymac on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Good cuts! get Houshyamama next

3. By Juliano Giovaniato on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

No Super Notable picks besides Javon Walker..Sad that Ryan d’iemperio didn’t make the team…Maybe Practice Squad

4. By Troy on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I was sad to see Colt Anderson cut. He’s a tough guy and I hope he makes it.

5. By MikeD on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Heard he was interested in coming to MN, but vikes aren’t interested…probably same sources that said that Favre retired

6. By Mike on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Seems like we kind of wasted some of our later rounds picks in the draft since we dropped Triplett and D’Imperio.

7. By Nathan G on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

There goes the local boys

8. By rdlg68 on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

i liked logan payne hopefully they sneak him by to the practice squad. im thinking Walker was a bad fit in the locker room thereby earning him the axe…

9. By Larry Johnson on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I have no respect 4 Chilldress, How can he Vikings keep Berrian over Walker, Berrian drops more than he catches & Walker played really well when given the chance; as long as Chilldress is Coach the Vikings will never reach the Super Bowl, favre is so right ” Brad ( on offense) has no clue”

10. By Todd Forcellina on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Logan Payne has got to make the team unless they feel they got the possession receiver they wanted in Camarillo from the Dolphins. It will be interesting to see who makes the practice squad.

11. By Ken Teetor on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Chidress….Our Secondary SUCKS! What are you thinking? Oh well, you’re the coach! I do not understand your reasoning????

12. By Skol_Vikings on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Some of those late round guys like Tripplet are probably bound for the practice squad

13. By JanaS on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Why in God’s name would they keep Jackson and let Rosenfels go?? In 5 years TJack has done nothing for this team!! Thank God they had the presence of mind to keep Webb…this kid has a great arm, good eyes and can run…let Favre mentor him…he is the future of the team!!!

14. By Calim on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I’m a little worried about only keeping 4 WR (not counting Sidney) with Camarillo unproven as a Viking and Harvin who still could be sick. That’s unless a new incoming WR is a sure thing of course…

15. By Johnny on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Bad choice cutting Walker and Payne

16. By MikeD on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Have a feeling Houshmanzadah deal is in the works as we speak

17. By cheffrey on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Why did we keep dugan and not Mills?

18. By Ben on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

19. By guiliano on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

we better get TJ now we are slim at WR now that we cut walker and other decent WR and players!

20. By Norseman on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Most of the cuts didnt show very well, although its a shame to see Colt Anderson go. Along with D’imperio and I thought Mills was the picture boy of tenacity but I dont think I could pick one person from the active roster that I would say should go away instead of one of these guys, well maybe T-Jack***

21. By Lawrence D on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Wilf needs to FIRE Chilldress immed b/c he has not the slightest idea how to run a football team from the offense side of the ball; how can he even consider cutting Walker is beyond me, my guess is that Chilldress is a lot like Belechick when he 1st became a coach w/the Browns, if u dare crosses him he’ll cut u i think walker didnt listen or like everythng coach said just like Favre…..but u wont c Chilly cutting Favre, right? until Vikings get a new coach, superman can be the QB but it will not matter..

22. By vikings4ever on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

yeah i agree webb is the future of team ad y cut walker he is a proven reciver

23. By NoJackson on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I say Childress has to go!!!! What in the world are you thinking man? Keeping TJack over Rosenfels? TJack couldn’t fight himself out of a paper bag let alone being the leader on the field. There comes a time where you have to say that the Superbowl is more important than juicy draft positions. Hate to say it as a lifelong Vikings fan but I hope we lose just to prove a point to this worthless coach who needs to go elsewhere. What a disappointment!

24. By Gators 0086 on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Once again Chilly’s ego makes the decisions and not performance on the field. This guy will just not cut anyone that he was responsible for bringing in. Just look at the offensive line. He keeps Cook and Degeare and cuts Radovich and Brown who played well all preseason and earned their way on to this team. Have fun Vikings fans going 8-8 this season after this offensive line lets number 4 get hurt and you are stuck with TJ at QB.

25. By Skol_Vikings on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Why would we trade for Javon Walker only to dump him?

I’m not surprised Rhys Lloyd was dumped, it seemed like a good theory but with Sullivan and Rice hurt, it was a wasted spot.

Logan Payne is the one that I don’t understand. he had a fantastic camp and preseason.

26. By vikings012 on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

dugan is good but we should have cut shuler instead of mills and i liked walker too but berrian is way better ya he has some drops but hes still a great wr i do wish we would have kept walker tho hopefully we r tryin to sigh houshmanzadah

27. By shawn on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

My god do our fans have n e sense of pride??? Why go after T.J after he clowned us…now who looks like tha clown???

28. By so_cal on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

why get rid of sage and keep tavaris for? tavaris sux

29. By vikings012 on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I think we could use another WR hopefully housmanzadah and also another CB we only have 5 WRs including rice so 4 that can play right now and 5 CBs including griffen and cook so we have only 3 who can play right now

30. By Mike D on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

You guys…Childress doesn’t do the cuts, he has little say in who we keep. Do you realize how many people are on the payroll? There are guys that take care of that, the head coach is paid to get the team ready for sundays. Yes I agree we should have fired Childress a long time ago, but we didn’t. Now you want him cut because there are a couple guys that you thought we should keep? We have one of the most well rounded teams in football this year. Cutting players happens every year, but this had to be one of the hardest.

JUST SUPPORT YOUR TEAM AND ENJOY THE GREAT SEASON!!

SKOL VIKINGS

31. By Greg on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Please learn a bit about football if you’re going to post comments. Letting Rosenfels go is all about money. Camarillo is a very solid possession receiver. Please review the last couple of years in Miami. I would also suggest that you don’t look at it from a Fantasy Football standpoint. Just because Camarillo didn’t have a lot of FF points doesn’t mean he isn’t valuable to the team. As for the seconday, we are a bit banged up but have a lot of solid people. Once Cook and Griffen come back, probably after the bye week, we should be pretty solid. Childress has a plan and I think he is setting the team up well. Let’s get Houshmandzadeh!!!

32. By secondnature815 on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I was disappointed to see Rhys Lloyd go. It really does mean alot to pin the other team deep although he didn’t really show his skills until the last pre season game. Also, Javon walker should have been kept unless something is in the works for another weapon for Favre. I’m not sure though, that would mean Chilly might be smarter than a 5th grader! I Challenge You Chilly, “Are you smarter than a 5th grader?”

33. By John on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I heard that they cut Walker so they don’t have to pay him the guaranteed salary. If I remember right he can come back as early as week two at a very discounted rate. Still there were some very questionable cuts, but what can you do about it. Hopefully bring in V Jackson…

34. By dmojo on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

There’s some good talent in those cuts. I like our roster’s talent more, though so they were sound decisions, no doubt. Not worried about opener, just wish Ced or Cook could be in.

35. By jshore on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Man you guys are truly pathetic. Rest assured, all of you calling for Chilly’s termination are infinitely less qualified and capable. Oh and by the way, who was the last Viking coach to win consecutive division titles…?

36. By Mike D on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Dissapointed to see Loyd go? Really? He is a kicker. We are slim at WR and CB and you want to keep 2 kickers on the team?

37. By J-RAD on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I think next season Webb will be the starting QB. Regardless of what the Vikes do this season or how well Favre might play this season, he’s done in Minnesota after this season. Unless he’s willing to play for about one tenth of his current salary, the Vikes won’t have him back next season even if he wants to come back. I think they are going to do with Webb as Denny did with Culpepper back in 2000. Just play him! They couldn’t find a decent veteran to replace Jeff George back then, and I think they decided Culpepper showed enough promise to just go with him. I think they see the same thing in Webb. I honestly don’t believe they are looking at Jackson to be the future of the team. They needed to unload Rosenfels and his big contract, while they could. Jackson has no trade value.

38. By Mike D on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Don’t worry about next year…there will almost certainly be a lockout

39. By Spanky on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

with so many x-packers on the Vikings team i’m starting to think of green bay as the VIKINGS FARM TEAM…..TJack has NO trade value so this being his last contract year we should be done with him at the end of this season…..we can only hope!!!

40. By troy on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I am consistently boggled by Brad Childress’ love affair with Tarvaris Jackson. Cut Rosenfels in favor of Jackson? How many times does Jackson have to prove he is a chump before Chilly believes it?

When he finally leaves Minnesota, Tarvaris Jackson will be out of the league within a season, because every other coach can see what Chilly can’t… the guy is a loser, a chump, he does not belong in the NFL.

41. By HuskerVikingFan on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Joe Webb has better potential then Culpepper. The key will be to make sure they get two or three veterans that have the maturity to really mentor Webb OFF of the field. I wonder if C. Carter would help out in that role?

Maybe at his young age, Webb already posesses above average maturity for a twenty-something. But to hang the responsiblity of an NFL team on a highly talented young adult – well, we all know what can happen – and it isn’t success for anybody.

42. By Steve on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

NOOOOOOOOO why mills…. he was good man

43. By Dylan on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I think releasing Rosenfels & Walker was a horrible decision!!!!!!!

44. By vikes on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

guess i need a new roster i can only think of longwell and favre as former packers

45. By Richard Brouillard on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Why did we cut walker, he could catch and he proved it

46. By John on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I wish I could have been a fly inside the room when Chilldress explained why he wanted to get rid of Sage and keep Jackson. Saying that he’s good in practice really doesn’t make me feel any better about him. Oh when oh when can we get rid of this egg head. To the guy talking about two division crowns, how far could we have gotten with a monkey in charge last year. We win despite of not because of Brad Chilldress.

47. By John on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I like all the quarterbacks…DON’T sign t.j whozyomama! Seattle did that for a reason, that dude is lazy, he has a bad attitude like he is good, he sucks, I see it in his game. When ball isn’t thrown his way, or pass is intercepted, he’ll pout and QUIT on the play…I saw it…OVERRATED!

Go, Favre/Vikes…

SB or BUST!

48. By Bruce on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Okay, I get why Sage was let go instead of TJ and that’s because Chilly has some kind of love affair with him. But why Walker? That was just STUPID!

49. By John on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

p.s: F the saints!!!

50. By Brad on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

For people who think that letting go of Sage is about money then how about doing a little math. TJack is getting 40 million for 5 years and Sage was getting 9 million for 2 years. TJack is getting 8 million a year compared to Sages 4.5 million a year. Now going with that and the performance of both, who do you think is a more waste of money? Letting Sage go in my opinion was a big mistake and keeping TJack is a big waste of money.

51. By John on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Jackson is pretty good, though, he’s getting better.

52. By Brad on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Sage performed better then TJack and costed less

53. By sherrie on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

sad to see local guy marcus sherels go. he made pre season very exciting and he played well. sack, pick several tackles. so now what ? brett needs a receiver.

54. By fmfan on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Brad where did you hear T-Jack is getting $40 mil.

55. By Brad on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

John where do you see him getting better? Lying on his back, if that is it then yeah your right, but making plays and getting the team down the field no way.

56. By Bruce on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

On the depth chart it shows FOUR Tight Ends! WTF, you don’t need FOUR TIGHT ENDS! And then you got rid of Walker? And I think Walker is a better receiver than Berrian, Berrian drops the ball way too much.

57. By vikes on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

tjack was getting like 1.3 not 8 million or 40 million, my god

58. By Bruce on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

IDIOTS!

59. By John on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Walker will be back by week 2 if they don’t sign another big time receiver like Jackson before then. From what I heard, they let him go so they wouldn’t have to pay his big last salary.

60. By Elgar on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

You do need four tight ends if you intend to play “we’re running the stinking football right down your ever-loving throat, and we double-dog dare you to stop us from doing so as long as we wish it done”. Somewhere in the deepest level of Hades, Woody Hayes is smiling.

61. By a johnson fan on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

whew! Ian didn’t make this vikes squad. Yeah, no use crying over spilt milk. hopefully, denver will pick Ian up now that LinDale White is out for the season! then maybe he can get his old#41 back and i can keep my boise state gear and wear my old feel good stuff!! GO IAN!! Things are looking up nephew.

62. By Dustin on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

walker is washed up good cut! one good preseason game and hes a hero c’mon. as far as t.j. Housh.Blah blah hes good only sometimes. we could use an excellent w.r. like vincent Jackson would be a great fit with vikings

63. By We'llallseeoneday on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I’ve been a Vikings fan for about 40 years now and I’ve seen my share of bad trades (Herschel Walker). Nothing much surprises me anymore, but I was disappointed to see us get rid of Reynaud. He is a VERY GOOD player who is a proven, quality return man plus a flexible running back/receiver. I would have kept him over Young.
    As a Vikings fan through thick and thin I’ve learned not to get too attached to any player as the team comes first. Even AP will be gone one day, maybe even in a few years. Be real, how can someone who runs so hard last more than 7-8 years? The examples are very few. I do like and trust Rick Spielman even though I don’t always agree with his player decisions. He has done a good job. I hope we can keep him around for a long time.

64. By Troll on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

All the love for T.J is a mystery to me, he is a second reciever like Sidney without 85 he was average in Sea duck land, Look deeper into the cuts or the non-cuts #4 still wants Moss and the pats d line is sorry and the hometown boys have plenty of d-liners??? Belly check isnt afraid to get rid of big name players to make “his” team better? I used to loathe chilly but whatever hes doing has translated into sudo success so far, the t-jack thing is puzzling as far as “he looks great in practice” ok maybe our practice team will win a Super Bowl…… Lets just wait and see what happens next. After all if our government leaders dont get a stadium deal done T Jack might win a Super Bowl for the L..A Vikings.

65. By OLDSCHOOL on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Our ship starts to sink come Thu. night in New Orleans….this team just doesn’t have the make up of last years team….at all…..just is missing that feel…that magic that was seen and felt last year! It’s to bad….I was looking forward to the season about 2 months ago….but…..about 3 weeks ago….just am losing my zest for it……anyone else believe that we are going to get our A#$@# handed to us on Thur. like me?! Anyone?

66. By C. Carter on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Some of you fail to realize that when you have a solid core of player such as the Vikings and a few other teams, in the area of 45-50 players that are cemented into a spot, you might not need to keep additions that you make during the offseason. That includes some draft picks.

67. By Nick on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Wouldn’t mind picking up Justin Hartwig til Sullivan gets better

68. By Austin Gensburger on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I was a huge tarvaris fan when he came into the league and he had a lot of upside and in my opinion he still does, but with what ive seen from Webb he is our future, and i do agree with doing what we did with Culpepper just hope Childress doesnt do what he did with TJack he could of been something could if he wouldve been able to play, and Sage was the better let go because we got draft picks and with Tjack we wouldve got nothing. Also i dont think we should have let go of walker, Houshmandzadeh has a bad attitude and is not very good. and WALKER AND FAVRE were together when walker had his best years.. come on Maaan.

69. By ed on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I hate to say it but you guys can forget it in terms of bringing in an elite receiver. Management does not want Farve to have one. They fell like little Greg Lewis and slippery fingers Berrian can get it done. They never looked at big All Pro guys like T.O. , Jackson, Moss, or Houz., and today cut Walker. It would make too much sense. If you had a receiver who could catch the long ball then Brett would look too good, and it really would be #4′s team. Also, they never made an effort to protect #4 by getting someone like Mankins. Chilly’s Ego won’t allow for that(See T-Jack, etc.). This is the same thing that happened in GB where the almighty Ted Thomp. (Mr. Ego #2) would not bring in a TALL target for Brett to throw too(notice how all the 6’4″ plus guys from training camp got cut such as Brown and Hamilton). Anyway, we will watch the FOUR tight ends perform i guess. The Iron Man will never quit but with his heart and determination he and the team deserve better than this.

70. By Dustin on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

no not me (oldschool) i dont feel that way i believe we have a defence that can make things happen jared allen is going to be after brees all night and we are going to be running the rock and they cant do anything to stop it. you will see no worries

71. By Tracy on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

It doesn’t matter much now who gets cut. Childress messed up BIG time getting rid of Rosenfel. Even the crowd was smart enough to figure out who to get rid of on Thurs. Come on Childress get your head in the game. I thought we wanted to win a Super Bowl.

72. By Austin Gensburger on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

also when i said tjack had upside i dont think he can be the leader of our team anymore because of all that has gone on in the past few years with childress running to favre and teammates not trusting him so with someone else maybe but with us it’s webbs team next year or it should be. Also why not keep marcus sherels?? just a thought and Mills had what 120 yards in one game… hmm.

73. By MikeD on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

You are all idiots. We haven’t even played a game yet and you’re giving up. I hope none of you are season ticket holders, cause I don’t ever want to meet any of you

74. By Austin Gensburger on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I live in a house with 2 other vikings fan and they ahve both given up and seemingly given to the packer hype and it makes me sick I am a dedicated and true vikings fan like all of you people on here should be if you give up and think were gonna suck then dont even bother watching the games or going to them i agree totally with MikeD

75. By Nick on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

First Chilldress doesent decide which players we keep. Second just because a player is holding out does not mean he is on the trading block i.e. mankins. Third we would not be able to win a super bowl if farve gets hurt so why are you all madd about sage being traded. And last learn how football works before you go spouting off about the players we should keep or not keep. Please stop tying to be blog board GMs. PS the government is selling all of earths gold to aliens.

76. By John on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Of course people are frustrated. There were some moves that we as fans question and rightfully so. That is the fan’s prerogative. When the games start this will hopefully all be a distant memory and we will go on rooting for our treasured Vikings. Take it from a Pirates fan, these posts are nothing serious.

77. By Tim on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

why keep Tavaris Jackson. He has not impressed anyone in nfl in years. The only QB under contract after next year is Webb. It was a smart move to keep Webb, but we should have cut Tavaris. Childress is an idiot.

78. By Tim on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I agree that Webb should be the starter next year. He will be the only one under contract. Favre will be gone and Jackson is in final year of contract. Webb is the future of the vikings. We now need a good sure handed receiver, for Brett to throw to. I also agree that it isn’t Childress that makes us win, it is the heart of the players. We will be fine this coming year.

79. By Jon on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Well it is what it is. It has to be tough for all the players and coaches right now. Seems like the areas of concern sre secondary, o-line, wide outs. It would be better if we had the saints at about week 4. Now is the time, we can get the magic back.Go Vikes!!!! If we can keep Breeze somewhat under control we have a shot.

80. By ed on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Brady , Romo, Palmer, Breeze, Sanchez, Rodgers, Manning, Shaub, and even Henne will all have big years becaue they all have at least one big TALL receiver, and in some cases multiple, to help them out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It not a coincidance. We have ONE, but he is hurt. WEBB could be one but he will be holding the clipboard this year. This is a management Failure.

81. By Viking Glen on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Houshmenzada spent the last year in the same offense we run. He’ll be ready to go out of the chute. The scouting report on him is that he has good hands and is tough.

I’d like to see them go with 2 QBs and 6 WRs; cut TJack, bring in Houshmenzada and bring back Walker. If Favre goes down we’re out of the hunt anyway. Might as well go with Webb instead of Jackson.

82. By GLEN on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

ALL THE TALK ABOUT WR. WHAT GOOD R THEY WITHOUT A GOOD O LINE. THAT WILL BE OUR PROBLEM. LOOK WHO IS THERE AND BACKUPS. IF BRETT HAD KNOWN HE WOULDN’T BE WEARING PURPLE. BE HOME ROCKING HIS GRANDSON.

83. By Roger on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Come on you guys. Don’t be down on Our team before the season even starts. We currently have a great team with a lot of depth. Did anyone really think Rosenfels should be the heir apparent of Favre? Please. TJ ack has no trade value. Just think how the New York fans/media would be blasting the Giants if they had taken TJack instead. Spielman and Childress have a plan-now let’s be patient and watch things transpire. Some of these players we cut today will be going to the practice squad too. Let’s pull together Vikings fans and concentrate on cheering Our Vikings to victory in New Orleans. Go Vikings.

84. By Arnie Kuhn on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

You know, when the Vikings acquired Loyd, I said that was just as good or not better than a high draft chioce. The vikings were hurt last year by returned kickoffs. If they had had Loyd against the Saints, they would have won the super bowl..

The Vikings beat Denver last week because Loyd gave the defense good field position. A kicker is a defensive player in my mind, and Loyd dotted the i’s and crossed the t’s.

With the Vike’s, I think if you don’t suck up, your gone, no matter how good you are. It seems to me that the Vikes big wigs want to lose. They are gong to get their wish, I’m afraid!

85. By chuck m on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

pretty good cuts dont agree with cutting javon walker though

86. By moorevikes on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

mckinnie and chilly are my only worries. other than that all is well and thurs. can’t come soon enough. mckinnie because lets face it; is slow and lacks dedication and determination and chilly because he plays too conservatively and is too predictable. i will give him his record though 6-10, 8-8, 10-6, 12-4. that is improvement every year folks. we’ll just have to wait and see what happens this year. lets hope rice is taking notes from ej on how to rehab an injury and ced grif is ready to go full speed when they say he is. i’d like to hold him out until he’s in football shape just to be on the safe side rather than rushing him in

87. By Dylan Scott on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Houshmandzadeh!!!!Houshmanndzadeh!!!!Houshmandzadeh!!!!Houshmandzadeh!!!!Houshmandzadeh!!!!Houshmandzadeh!!!! sad to see colt, javon, D’imperio, and payne go but….Houshmandzadeh!!!!Houshmandzadeh!!!!Houshmandzadeh!!!!Houshmandzadeh!!!!Houshmandzadeh!!!!

88. By ConfusedByRules on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

What are the rules for a player.. like Housh? The 53 man roster is set. Housh got cut and if the Vikes want him do they need to move someone off the 53 man roster?

89. By Tom on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

So did we trade for any draft picks or not? Because knowing our head coach, probably not, when we should have traded some of our DL to teams like the Browns Lions, or Bucks so we can get some early draft picks and get a GOOD QB, Center, and Left tackle…all I can say is…Leslie Frazier for HC!!! Skol Viks!

90. By fmfan on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I didn’t know we hade so many armchair GMs. It has been on here so many times that Chilly doesn’t do the hiring and firing of players it’s the front office. All Chilly can really do is say what he would like to do or have done and that’s really it. The only thing he can control is trying to get the players ready to play and calling the plays. OOPS that’s right Favre does what he wants so I quess Chilly can’t control the play calling.

91. By Matt on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

S Colt Anderson, G Thomas Austin, G Adrian Battles, WR Taye Biddle, WR Freddie Brown, T Patrick Brown, T Chris Clark, FB Ryan D’Imperio, WR Marquis Hamilton, RB Ian Johnson, DT Tremaine Johnson, K Rhys Lloyd, TE Garrett Mills, DE Mike Montgomery, WR Logan Payne, T Drew Radovich, CB Marcus Sherels, LB Nate Triplett, WR Javon Walker and CB DeAndre Wright? If you ask me we should have kept Colt Anderson, Ryan D’Imperio, Ian Johnson (No offense to Toby Gerhart but I think he’s overrated), I thought Garrett Mills was pretty good, Sherels seems like hes got a lot of talent and with all our WR troubles I would have liked to see a solid guy like Walker on the team.

92. By Rick Olson on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

They have lost there mind get rid of sage If farve gose down its all over. Guess that why they get paid the big buck. UNBELEIVEABLE

93. By Russell on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

We might still have Walker by week 2! I personally am not a fan of the moves made in the last 24 hrs. Sage had one of the best preseasons for a QB and the Vikings trade him with Reynaud who I think was awesome for the Vikings? Walker could be signed back in week 2 due to them not wanting to guarantee his contract. Mills should have been on the roster with Payne. Shula wasn’t noticed at all this preseason (basically). ryan D’Imperrio will make the practice squad if unsigned. What the blank are they going to do for this Thursday at CB? We need a big player at that position. I may be dreaming, but is there a way the Vikings could get Ronde Barber or someone? I hope for better results tomorrow at most and I am glad to see that Webb is still here!

94. By Matt on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

C’MON!!!!!!! REALLY??? HOW DID WE NOT KEEP SHERELS?!!!! MILLS AND D’IMPERIO SHOULD HAVE MADE THE TEAM TOO. BAD CUTS

95. By Matt on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

i agree with russell. we rlly shud have kept reynaud, trading him for freakin draft picks is ridiculous.

96. By zuguh on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

favre has never mentored anybody..they figured tj is better suited to mentor webb than sage..lloyd will be back by early october

97. By fmfan on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

We should have Webb at WR this year. He is to athletic not to use.

98. By Just The Facts On T-Jack on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Let’s base the decision on T-Jack or Sage on facts:
    (1) T-Jack’s QB rating has been rising for 4 years in a row with last year at 113.4. On the other hand, Sage’s last 3 years has been dropping each year with his last year at 79.5.
    (2) Sage was allowed to play 3 Qtrs against an awful Rams team and defense, but T-Jack only played 1-2 series.
    (3) In Sage’s 9 years, he’s never won the NFC Offensive Player of the Week, but T-Jack has already won this award in 4 years.
    (4) If Sage had the ability to be a potential starter or be a great backup, why would the Redskins, Dolphins, Texans and now the Vikes get rid of him?
    (5) Would the Giants prefer T-Jack or Sage? Of course they would prefer T-Jack, because T-Jack’s beaten the Giants TWICE in the regular season as a starter.
    (6) Chilly and Spielman have to keep the best players otherwise they will lose games and eventually be fired. These two each have millions in salary, a reputation to lose, and a lost Superbowl run if they felt Sage gave them a better chance than T-Jack to win this year. A 41 year old QB can go down anytime this season, so obviously they both sleep better at night knowing T-Jack gives them a better chance of winning.
    BASE YOUR DECISIONS ON FACTS (NOT PERSONAL EMOTIONS) AND YOU’LL REALIZE THAT TRADING SAGE AND KEEPING T-JACK WAS A GREAT MOVE FOR ALL VIKINGS FANS! CHILLY AND SPIELMAN ARE AWESOME!

99. By celticvikingwarrior on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

LET’S SEE, HUGE PROBLEMS AT CENTER (AMONG OTHER SPOT’S) KEEP A MIDGET 6′-2″-285 LOUSY KID WHO THEY WANT TO RELACE WITH ANTHONY HERRARA TO GO AGAINST 6′-4′ (6-5, 6-6 etc.) 320-350 lb. GUY’S OR GO GET JUSTIN HARTWIG , 6′-5″-312 or KEVIN MAWAE or HERE’S A NOVEL IDEA, USE THE 6′-6″-328 lb GUY THAT WAS DRAFTED AS A CENTER 4-5 YEARS AGO.!!!!AGINST S.F. HE WAS PANCAKING GUY’S 5 YARD’S UPFIELD, CONSISTANTLY.!!!!!!! AGAINST SEATTLE ON 4TH AND GOAL AFTER 3 FAILED ATTEMPS FROM INSIDE THE 5, THEY LINED HIM UP OUTSIDE MCKIIINNEY ON THE LEFT SIDE AND HE LITERALLY BURIED HIS GUY WHILE EVEYONE ELSE ON THE LINE GOT BEAT LIKE A REDHEADED STEPCHILD, AND OF COURSE A.P. GOT STUFFED !!!!! Last year the line almost got Favre KILLED, they look MUCH WORSE so far. The point is “Chilly” in his INFINATE STUPIDITY has don NOTHING to improve the line for THIS YEAR !!!! GO GET HARTWIG YOU IDIOT !!!

100. By john on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

The staff at Vikings headquarters must realize sooner or later that retaining the services of 2 quarterback projects is a large mistake. The T.J. project era should have ended this year. If Brett gets hurt this year at any time so does the teams chances of advancing to the playoffs. Any chances of advancing with a back up were traded away. Unfortunately Mr Childress refuses to let go of the project which will sooner or later blow up in his face and eventually cause him his job as a head coach. See past projects ( i.e. Brady Quinn, Kyle Boller…etc ) How many more years need to go by before they realize the kid just doesn’t have what it takes.

101. By ratskan29 on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I can understand the Walker cut. He was playing against 2nd and 3rd string defenses. I’m sure his productivity would’ve been greatly reduced against 1st string defenses. He didn’t do a thing in Oakland, Okay, in his defense… terrible QB but you still never heard anything about him. Both knees have been operated on and maybe he is faster than he looks on tv but on that reception TD against Denver he really didn’t look fast at all. I wonder now if Chilly had this planned from the beginning. Rosenfels played most of the preseason, maybe trying to up his value to other teams. Rosenfels would’ve been better than TJ but I’m not the coach and the Vikings would have probably had to give up a 1st round draft pick for another team to take him.. :P. Don’t see them resigning TJ after the 2010 season. Childress doesn’t have sole control on trading someone. He has to push it through the heads of the Organization first. Hopefully they know what they are doing with this one. We will see. SKOL VIKINGS! KEEP YOUR HEADS UP FANS!

102. By MJ on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Vikings are disappointing. Bad, bad decisions made today. Shoked to see Rosenfels and Reynaud traded. Ian Johnson should have made the team. He’s too good to play another year on the practice squad. I hope he lands on another team and gets the chance he never got with the Vikings. Walker, D’Imperio, Anderson, and Tremaine Johnson were all keepers. Maybe the Vikings are pretty deep at certain positions, but these guys can all play. To the comment made by J-Rad about not finding a veteran replacement for Jeff George in 2000 and playing Culpepper because they thought he was good enough, Jeff George wanted to come back as a Viking and he was willing to play for peanuts. Green decided he was going to draft Culpepper and made sure he played him. They let George go. Green reminds me of Childress. Stubborn and pig headed. Only plays favorites. Childress needs to go just like Green. Good riddens.

103. By tony on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

thanks for the facts on t-jack over rosenfels. I don’t see why everyone is whining over the vikings trading rosenfels, he was third on the depth chart and he hasn’t proven himself as a reliable starter in the nine years that he has been in the nfl.

104. By Snortwood on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Just visiting, but I bleed purple. Gosh, sure seems like there’s a lot of folks in the wrong profession, should have been professional football decision makers. :) My take is, this team made it to the semi-finals last year and with most of the same crew returning, if the O-line is stronger (should be) and the defense is as solid (seems likely) they’re probably going to win 10+ and will have a shot at the ring. Go Vikes.

105. By Jones on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Marcus sherals and logan payne shouldn’t have been cut

106. By Jones on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Rosenfels should of been the backup qb what does childress see in tjack that guy has escaped the cuts every year showing nothing in preseason and regular season. .

107. By minowa fan on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I think the front office did the best it could with cuts right now, we have to remember things change a lot the first few weeks of the season. Some of those cut will be back on practice squads, who knows what they may have to do with injured reserve and other roster moves in the first weeks. Often they try to cut the people they feel are least likely to be picked up leaving them the option to tweak things later after they see who is available from other teams

108. By Joe on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Sherels, Tripplet, I think they should of kept them. Very solid , talented kids. Sherels was hurt a few times and missed some games as a gopher. So for that kid to come and play in the NFL preseason at 5’10′ 175lbs he was a solid player. He did let only 2 plays get away from him. But how many other good plays did he have? I think with more work and training is going to be a very good corner. Hope he makes the practice squad.

109. By BoiseFan on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Let’s see Ian Johnson on the Practice Squad. Great player that needs a chance to make it to the big games!

110. By Cory on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Lets move forward…Sign Hartwig…we need OLINE way more then another WR for the slot….we solidify the OLine and give BF time and AP runnuing lanes and we will be fine…OLINE is the problem…a BIG problem at that…

111. By Cory on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

celticvikingwarrior – You and I are on the same page 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

112. By MTVike on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I agree with moorevikes! I can’t see how McKinney made the probowl, but we should have used that to help trade him. 80% of the real pass pressure the last two years came around the left end. And Chilly is far to conservative. If Farve hadn’t taken the reins last year, we would have missed the playoffs. So Wilf gives Chilly a bigger contract?

113. By mmelite on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Why keep Shuler over Garret Mills? And trading away Sage and Reynaud really thins the quality of our depth at those positions. Could have done with or without Walker, but he was the closest option we had that could go up and get a ball like Rice. I pray this means we’re sighing in on TJ Whosyourmama and I really hope there are a few more additions/subtractions before the opener.

114. By Lance on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

We really need a tall reciever that can catch almost any ball that Favre throws at him…oh wait we have that in Sidney Rice. Get well soon man. We need you as soon as your six weeks is up!

115. By da dude7 on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

JanaS SAGE SUCKS BUDDY! how u gonna say jackson hasnt done nothing he hasnt played with the group favre is playing with yet so u cant say that watch next year jackson will be a beast so ALL U JACKSON HATERS NEED TO STOP!!! did u not watch the last preseason game almost every throw he threw were on target its just hes receviers dont know how to catch the ball!

116. By favrefan#4 on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

hartwig would do nice,use the two million herrara or j cooper occupies and bring him in. then sully can work himself in instead of rushing back and ijuring hinself more. the jags traded away reggie nelson and we didnt get in on that! cmon thats where we need help most, not at 5 reciever or 4th tight end ,would have made a more easier approach on defense, forget that i guess we do it the old fashioned way draft em and cut em if they dont help out! we couls use stephon logan who got cut from the steelers i think he is asolid return man and spec teamer. and atwaan branes got traded from baltimore for nothing like a fifth rd pick we cut our fifth rd pick we could have used barnes as an outside rusher on zone blitzes

117. By wayne on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Colt Anderson is one of the hardest workers on the field, this guy has a really bright future with someone just hope it is with the viks. great preseason colt!!!!

118. By Austin on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

OLDSCHOOL, i agree 100%

119. By runningwiththedevil on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

It is clear that Rosenfels had trade value and TJ did not, thus the decision made.
    TJ does not make $8M a year as somebody mistakenly stated.
    If we sign Housh we do have do drop somebody from the 53 man roster.
    We would be foolish not to sign Housh w/ the Seahawks paying his salary. Housh is a far better WR then Walker. Where did all the Walker fans come from?
    I think most posters have no idea how a NFL team is run.
    Go Vikes!

120. By Daniel on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Javon Walker cut? bad movement

121. By PurplePeopleEater on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I’m surprised that we kept so many safeties, but not Colt Anderson. I had him pegged for a #2 spot while I would have cut Loeffler, Abdullah and Frampton. But does 6 safeties along with 5 corners really make sense to anyone?

Keeping the 2 extra safeties means we had to cut 2 extra WRs too, which makes us rather slim at the position.

I also had D’Imperio pegged over Tahi, but only because I never saw Tahi do anything worthwhile last year and figured we’d try to keep the draft pick on the roster. He’s probably got a good chance at making the practice squad though. Hopefully Payne and Anderson will make it past waivers too, I really thought they both had a lot of potential coming into the season.

122. By PurplePeopleEater on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Anyways, with 6 safeties, I HAVE to believe we have intentions of going after some other player out there soon, and cutting one or two of these guys. It just doesn’t make sense to have both Safety slots 3 men deep, since safety is (at least in my mind) about the least injury prone position on the field, other than the kickers.

123. By jrr on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

i agree with so many of you yes we all think berrian should go but who do we have to stretch the field…no other real burners…payne sherel tripplet anderson mills johnson will probably be on practice squad walker well that was a waist of time if age or attitude was a factor. trading away sage and reynaud and keeping t-jack i can only fathom that it is a situation like having a cute girlfriend that has the potential to stay hot like her mom or keeping the chubby cool chick that u just met. we all know what the good choice is but we pick the cute chick becuase the other is just not cool enough. guys we could have lienhart…lol peterson will carry us this year you mark my words we need a better number 2 and 3 or gebhart better man up faster and show me something i want to see him run thru mofos like riggins.

124. By wayne on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Agree 100%, believe the dart board was used for some of the cuts. Don’t think you have seen the last of Anderson or Payne

125. By Daniel on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I don’t know what Childress see’s in TJack. Obviously not what us Vikings fans see. Like I said before Tavaris Jackson will never take this team anywhere. Yeah he’s won a few games… so what? So have many other aweful QB’s. We have a very good team. We just better hope Farve stays healthy because no matter how good a team we have if TJ is in there our chances of being good drops a whole lot.

126. By Ashton on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Colt Anderson has proved himself this preseason that he can play in the NFL. Horrible decision letting him go!!!

127. By NJDbra on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Sorry to see D’Imperio get cut. Real good kid that made the best of his opportunity. Anderson looked too good to cut as well.

128. By Dave on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Having watched him play at Montana, I think Colt Anderson would have made a good addition to the team.

129. By VikingfanfromL.A. on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Sucks for Ian Johnson. I hope he doesn’t make the practice squad and gets picked up by a team who can use him. Chilly you gotta go! I liked and respected you… but Tavaris? really? What has he done for you or this organization lately?… Anytime you want to answer… the fans are waiting for an answer…

130. By wayne on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Colt will make a good addition to someone but being a vikings fan would like to see somebody that is everywhere in the defensive secondary, think he would be a good fit

131. By Sean on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

@By Ben on Sep 4, 2010

Good post on updating everyone that we got Houshmandzadeh. Of course, no one took the time to look at the link. Still, that was a smart newsbreak.

132. By Chad Marquardt on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

WTH? Walker had great history with Favre! What a force they would make. Walker played his best games with Favre! It makes as much since as Rice deciding to have surgery right before season. What an idiot. Sometimes, you only get one shot at a Super Bowl. God Bless Favre!

133. By purple08 on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Bunch of fools on here trashing Coach Childress. He helped put this team together. Was it Chilly who fumbled 5 times in the big game last year? Was it Chilly who threw that ridiculous interception? Was it Chilly to blame for too many men on the feild? I guess Mike Tice was better? How bout Dennis Green? He had ten years and couldn’t get the job done!! You critics of Chlidress have no clue about anything when it comes to bringing a franchise back from being the laughing stock of the league. He helped turn this franchise around. You guys who trash him are a joke. Get bent! And I’m glad we dumped that b um Rosenfels too. Jevon Walker was cut by how many teams before us? Gee, I wonder why?

134. By secondnature815 on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Favre got sacked way too easy in preseason. Maybe we should put T Jack under center on 3rd down passing situations with AP in the backfield and Brett right behind AP. That way T Jack could take the snap, fake to Adrian and toss the ball back to Brett and take the sack for him while Brett makes the play. It might just solve 2 problems at one time. Go Vikes!

135. By PurplePeopleEater on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

@ Sean – I had pulled it up, but was trying to catch up on the posts before checking it out, I guess you beat me there! Houshmandzadeh (I never realized it was spelled that way before, even HE must have trouble with it!) was a great move for the Vikes after cutting 2 otherwise respectable receivers.

So now we need to drop one more player from the roster, and as I said earlier I think it should be a safety. Loeffler would be my first pick, but with Anderson off the board (one I would have kept over Loeffler, Abdullah and Frampton) it’s a toss up as to who is on the chopping block now. Maybe they’ll be throwing the darts again.

136. By MossforLife on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Just for Facts I totally agree with you, To all you TJ Haters, I’m sorry to say TJ is way better than Sage. Sage been I’n the league twice as long as TJ. Sage compeited with TJ last year and it was evident who was the better QB. This year you act like they compeited against one another. TJ was treated like Brett. Sage was showcase all preseason, but for some strange reason you all act like the No 2 position was up for grabs. Face it! Childress knows what he’s doing and knows what he has. He has a player/QB that’s been loyal, workhard, and was made the scapegoat as a rookie. . Childress knew he threw him in too early but Brad Johnson who Sage resembles in many ways cost us to have a subpar season. But TJ got blamed by most of the FAns on this blog. Then you yell “We need a Franchise QB” give me a break. History shows 1st Round QB’s are normally flops. Was Brett Favre considered a Franchise QB when he came into the league, was Brady? I see a player that deserves to playout a season before judgement can truly be made. If you evaluated Eli first three years in the league he wouldn’t be playiing football in the NFL. And the difference is TJ got us into the playoffs with a little help, but he got us there. Eli did not, but played 3 full season of football. We all can read between the lines though. If TJ brung home the ring; you wouldnt be satisfied. because it wasn’t by one you favor. Sort of like today’s politics. You seen a Old Man who is a gladiator throw a ridiculous Int instead of running and you want more of it. You know his MO but you want more of it. You even convince yourself it was the teams fault; however he got paid to deliver the blow and he failed but you conversate on a guy who is barely making minimum wage in NFL standards. Ziggy is also telling all of you who he prefers, so get over it. You haven’t spend a dime, but complain.

137. By PurplePeopleEater on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

@purple08 – I agree with you on all counts EXCEPT this one: “Was it Chilly to blame for too many men on the feild?” The head coach, espescially the one who insists on calling every offensive play, HAS to make sure that he is in control of the players when they enter/exit the field. If you’re going to send someone on the field, your next responsibility needs to be making sure that someone else comes off the field. There was nothing else for him to do at that point of the game.

But I’m going overboard here. Like I said, I mostly agree with your posts, and I think everybody should take the time to try and understand it from your perspective.

138. By alrcsd on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Why would cut Sage coach? The why Isee it TJ has done very well or much and if Brett gets injured you’ll want a season QB to step in. Kepping Joe Webb was a very good idea for the future. I don’get it Chili.

139. By PurplePeopleEater on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

alrcsd – “Why would cut Sage coach? The why Isee it TJ has done very well or much and if Brett gets injured you’ll want a season QB to step in.”

I don’t get it either…

140. By PurplePeopleEater on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I don’t get it either…maybe a full, competent sentence would have made your point clear?

141. By F*CK BRAD! on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

Dumbest coach ever!!!! Tjack sucks!!! I’m a big viking fan but i hope favre gets hurt and tjack bust so brad would see how stupid he is to trade sage. and the recievers…..man…brad suck a$$……….cutting javon walker….they bettet sign TJ H..

142. By Javon Walker on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

That’s why Favre said he don’t trust Brad. I agree with Favre. Brad is a senseless stupid coach. Trading Sage for a 5th rd pick is like trading “AD” for a third rd pick. Dumb!! By cutiing J Walker…..they better sign TJ or else i would really wish they get spank!!!!

143. By PurplePeopleEater on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

Check this site out: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2010-09-04/vikings-ax-javon-walker-reportedly-hunt-tj-houshmandzadeh

At one point it says that Housh had 4 years left on his contract. How does that pan out in penalties against the Seahawks? I have a rough idea, but I’d like to know the specifics. Do they have to pay him X-ammount of dollars each year? Does that figure drop if a team offers him a new/better contract?

144. By mike mccarthy on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

BRADS EGO,, FARVE WANTS J.WALKER, CHILLI CUTS HIM! j.WALKER MADE A S.RICE TYPE CATCH IN THE ENDZONE PROVED FARVE’S FAITH IN HIM. SAME THING I DID WHEN FARVE WANTED MOSS ON MY TEAM #4 EVEN OFFERD TO PAY 1,000,000 USD OF HIS 3M SALARY TED AND I SAID NO WAY. BROKE THE RECORD FOR TD CATCHES, THAT YEAR,OOPS.HANG IN #4 WERE WITH YOU,THANKS FOR ALL THE FUN . MIKE M.OUT!

145. By govikes on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

We would be doing TJ a huge favor to let him come here..it would be funny to use Seattle’s money to pay him all year.If Im Brad I would listen to him beg to come and be a Viking but we will be very fine without him for certain.

146. By PurplePeopleEater on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

I was just looking over a list of notable cuts across the league today, and I think we’d be well off if we grabbed up Justin Hartwig. Pittsburgh’s starting center got beat out by their 1st round draft pick, and with the problem’s we’ve been seeing on the offensive line he just may be the guy we need to plug the hole. Throw him in to replace Sullivan at center until he heals up then they can battle for the starting spot, and then we can keep Herrera at Guard. My first inclination is that Hartwig would be a better center than Sully, but we can only be sure if we pit them against eachother for the spot.

147. By BRAD CHILDRESS on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

WHAT DOES FARVE KNOW ABOUT WR’S HE’S A DAMM QB I’AM THE HEAD COACH,YOU SHOULD NOW THAT MIKE WERE NEVER WRONG!

148. By PurplePeopleEater on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

Another interesting stat: Hartwig is from Mankato, MN! Let’s bring this guy home! I’d be surprised if we weren’t the first team on his list, let’s hope that the front office gives the kid a good look.

149. By Sean on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

@ Jevon Walker

The trade was Sage and Reynaud for a 5th round pick and a conditional pick. It wasn’t just Sage for a 5th round pick from the way I read it. However, comparing that trade (even if it were Sage straight up for a 5th) is not comparable to trading All Day for a 3rd. It’s not close. AP is not a journeyman RB. He’s a top 3 back in the league. You’re comparing apples and oranges there.

Also, take it easy on Childress until the season starts. All this 2nd guessing doesn’t mean anything right now. Wait to see what happens this season. We might not be as dominate during the regular season, but we do have a solid team. We should contend even with Sidney out for likely 8 weeks.

150. By Sean on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

@F*CK BRAD

You don’t look like you’re a big Vikings fan. Saying that just because you don’t agree with a roster move you hope we lose is not a desirable fan. Spite is not a desired attribute by fans of any organization.

151. By tony on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

why are you all so upset that the vikings traded rosenfels? t-jack out performed him plain and simple, get over it.

152. By tony on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

it’s funny how all of you come on here and pretend to be real nfl players and use their names but you have no idea what you are talking about.

153. By Anakin on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

Surprised they cut WR Javon Walker!

think their practice squad should consist of these guys minus one…

S Colt Anderson, FB Ryan D’Imperio, RB Ian Johnson, DT Tremaine Johnson, , TE Garrett Mills, WR Logan Payne, T Drew Radovich, CB Marcus Sherels, LB Nate Triplett,

154. By f*** tjack on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

WTF??????

sage shines so we trade him?

TJACK blows, but chilly cant accept his pride and joy sucks like a dyson.

at least we kept webb, it wouldve been better to have sage and webb, frankly id be more comfortable with webb starting than tjack

155. By 98Vikes on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

Trade for Moss already. Favre has wanted him since his final years with Green Bay. The Pats aren’t just going to let him go in FA next year. They’ll at least get something for him now, that’s always Bellichiks’ mantra. Imagine Peterson, Harvin and Moss with Favre at the controls!, (not to mention Shancoie). Give them Berrian and a 5th rounder.

156. By 98Vikes on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

P.S. why would you want T.J. Whoeverdadah.after spurning us last year. Like boohoo I got cut, can I play for you guys now!!!!

157. By rob on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

TRADE… Adrian Peterson for Marion Barber and 2 1st rd picks. Barber is a guy that can block AND not put the ball on the ground. Then sign Housh.

158. By Just The Facts On T-Jack on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

MossForLife and tony,
    Thanks for the shout out. I put up a similar comment when it was announced that Sage was traded. To date NOT a single person in either blog has been able to counter my arguments and justify their reasons with actual FACTS as to why Sage should have been kept over T-Jack.

That’s the whole point! People’s dislike for T-Jack has absolutely nothing to do with what’s actually accomplished on the field. Of the hundreds of comments made already in both blogs, and the majority all focused around “T-Jack Sucks; Keep Sage”, NOT a SINGLE person can justify their point of view with a SINGLE FACT!!

Truth be told, the only reason why I’m spending my time writing comments here is because there’s a greater good that can come out of this. Now let’s hope that T-Jack does indeed continue to improve and maybe even bring home a Superbowl and an MVP. This will further force people to look themselves in the mirror and be honest with themselves.

159. By rob on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

Did you just have T-jack and MVP in the same sentence?

160. By glenalan67 on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

rosenfels wasnt happy being 3rd on the depth chart thats why he is gone and I believe he had no contract after this year so he”d be gone with nothing in return @years end…and correct me if im wrongT-jack has a winning record including a run to the playoffs ,,,he will be fine till Webb is ready to take over.LB Nate Triplett, WR Javon Walker and CB DeAndre Wright.WR Freddie BrownFB Ryan D’Imperio these are all usefull players there is always tough cuts

161. By Philly Viking on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

I say forget Housh he had his chance but got greedy for the money the seahawks wasnt going to the playoffs anyway that team is still going down hill next year bring in Bill Cowher we need a strong coach that knows off. and def. and everybody respects him his face kind of looks like the viking logo anyway lol. who is gonna be our kick/punt returner now you traded away or proven one id darius reynaud stupid mistake?? everybody stop coming down on t.jackson so hard he’s beaten out sage for two years as the backup we all seen it on tv he better than sage he took us to the playoffs and has a pretty good record but remember during thoes games chilly only had t.jack reading only half the field so chilly made the kid look bad as a scapegoat to give his buddy and former boss the win for getting him a headcoachin job and why he never had A.P and C.taylor on the field at the same time??? should of keeped T.Thigpen on the roster instead of giving away picks an money for Sage and not use him now we gave him away for trash picks you wanna cut somebody get rid of Mckinnie fast next year he’s gonna get Brett hurt bad this year cant block an old lady on a walker an eight yearold is to fast for him..

162. By raw dog on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

This is a sinking ship…. the Vikings traded their only vialble back up to Favre and i doubt Favre will come close to repeating last years play and if Gramps gets dinged TJ has no chance of being steady he limits the team.

163. By ric on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

Before Favre, Vikings were barely over 500, no dis-respect to Tarvais, but Sage had an awesome pre-season compared with Tarvais. Webb is the future, he is needed for sure, great arm and fore sight, as well he can run!!
    GO VIKINGS!!

164. By Mindy B on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

Sad to see C.Anderson go….also sad that Rosenfels got traded, gonna be a mistake!!!

165. By ric on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

What has Tarvais done over the years? Before Favre, the team was a little over 500. Sage showed during the pre season that he deserved to be here while Tarvais was on his back during the pre season. Webb is the future, he can run, throw, and has good hind sight. GO VIKINGS/FAVRE!!!

166. By GoFavre20 on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

Head Coach better get his head on straight … he’s got a golden opportunity … very few can say that. Cutting Walker was a terrible mistake … REGARDLESS of any aquisitions!!! C’mon Coach … put your childishness aside and WIN IT ALL!!!

167. By OLDSCHOOL on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

We all can put away the bad feeling for T.J. H…..we need a big time Wideout…..NOW!

168. By OLDSCHOOL on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

OR WE ARE f#$%^& !

169. By matt vincenzo on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

Ive been reading “comments” and I must say that some are nothing short of unbelievable!!! Maybe I dont know football as well as I thought. First, dropping Rosenfel was a moronic move at best. Coach(?) Childress has outright said, over and over again that Tavaris is his “QB of the future”. Is he the ONLY guy in the league who believes Jackson is starter material? Yeah, he had a winning record but keep in mind that our team is a Superbowl ready team NOW!!! I think our coach believes he is still in Philly and Tavaris is the second coming of McNabb. With Brett (or even Sage) we had a excellent chance at going to, and winning, the SuperBowl. If Tavaris becomes our starter, and as long as Childress is the coach, he WILL be the starter, we have no chance whatsoever. Coach Childress should offer Tavaris up for trade just so he can see, like the rest of the league, that is worth is next to nothing. I doubt if we’d even get a 6th round pick for him. (Remember, Childress gave up draft pics so he could trade up to get Jackson) He traded up two spots to get past teams that didnt even need a QB. The teams he traded draft picks with to get Jackson outright said that even if they DID need a QB, they wouldnt have pick Jackson. Im sure they got a good chuckle out of that. Im not trying to pound on Tavaris but simply stating facts. If not for Childress picking him, Tavaris would be home watching games like the rest of us. The entire league has been scratching their heads sinse wondering exactly what our coach was thinking. Bottom line, NO WAY is Tavaris Jackson a better QB than Sage Rosenfel. Remember how well he played for Houston before we got him? Then, to boot, Childress sends Darius Reynaud packing as well. Darius would have been, and still will be, one of the better return men in the NFL. Now its out on ESPN that we need a return man. Are you kidding me? Didnt we HAVE an excellent return man not 48 hours ago? Not to mention, a proven, backup QB with the potential to start? Brett Farve was right…..Childress DOESNT have a clue how to run an offense. If this is the case, we may as well get Mike Tice back!!!! Ive been a Viking fan for 43 years and I honestly dont remember a dumber coaching move. Again, we have a Super Bowl READY team NOW. Ziggy, you know football, PLEASE put a stop to this. This is nothing short of ubsurd. As for Sage, he’s probably better off where he’s at. I dont think he was ever told the truth by Coach Childress. When he came to Minnesota, he was told he would be competing for the starting job. Then again, I dont think he was the first player to be lied to by Childress and I promise you, he wont be the last

170. By OLDSCHOOL on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

You said it Matt.

171. By stungo on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

Thank You Childress for keeping T-Joke. and cutting walker not to mention having no corner back. You could’ve made my entire week by also getting rid of Web but I’m sure you don’t have a QB school so his talent will go to waste. What will you do when Farve is out with his first injury ever? Your O-Line will struggle like my beloved Packers did last year but those days are gone. Now I can’t wait to play the Vikes 2x that’s 2 victory’s

172. By LOVE THE MOVES on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

LOVE the moves made by the team so here’s my take. First on WR: My initial thought is the Vikes are going after Housh so they decided to wait until he was cut or have to pay his $7M salary. Housh has already stated he’d love to play for MN so my guess is as long as MN offers, we’ll see him in purple. Javon Walker… same goes….. cut him before the deadline or be on the hook for his salary for the year… cut him, then sign him back after he clears waivers allows you to pay him week by week without having a hit on the salary cap to have afforementioned Housh as well. QB: interesting but I like
    T-Jack over Rosenfels for the following reason… (a) T-Jack “actually” is a pretty darn good QB… ok, only 8-8 as a starter but great locker room guy, his teammates seem to believe in him over Rosenfels which can equate to victories on the field….it’s all about gellin’ my friends… (b) T-Jack knows the offense better than Rosenfels and has shown significant improvement so give the guy a chance…. besided, Favre is an Iron Horse so no one besides Favre will see the field anyway…… CB: I think they may bring Lito Back after he clears waivers but we’ll see… perhaps there is another CB out there I’m unaware of but again, we’ll see. I’d love to see the Vikes package one or two of our 900 D-Lineman for a quality CB but we’ll also get Cook back soon enough… he’s quickly shown to be a player. Griff will be back soon as well so I agree we may be ‘starting’ the season thin a bit here and there, but we’ll get guys back sooner than you’ll realize.

This year is it… the golden anniversary as a team… the stars are aligned correctly wtih Jupiter and the moon is in retrograde with Cancer… Shall be a great season

173. By TWVIKE on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

I wonder what team & preseason games Chilly was watching this year?

174. By GoFavre20 on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

Interesting thought on re-hiring Walker … I would love to see it. I just hope, above all hope, that Childress really holds the SuperBowl victory in paramount regard; you would think it’s a no-brainer but he seems so ‘child’-like some times.

175. By Jon Baker on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

I’m dissappoited that the Vikings traded Rosenfels. He showed that he has the talent and the experience to help this team in case Favre goes down with an injury. I’m not that sure about Jackson. He shows that he’s injury prone with his style of play. They should have cut him. They traded Rosenfels cause they could get something for him. Not a thing for Jackson. I’ve never been a Childress fan at all and every time he makes a decision, this proves he doesn’t have a clue how to run this team. Maybe the Vikings should have cut Childress instead……

176. By Robins on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

I read all the comments and most of us are on the same page. I liked Sage, Darius, Javon, Ryan…..I don’t like Tarvaris. He needs to be a backup somewhere else. Tebow was better then him. I can only hope that Brett doesn’t get hurt this year. Please protect him. I hope we get Javon back. And…I am still upset that Sidney didn’t get his surgery earlier when Brett had his. We need Sidney. I hope Percy has another great year. I do hope the coaches know more then we do and made the right choices. We will see Thursday. Win Vikings!

177. By Brendon on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

Don’t understand the trade of Rosenfels. Saw him in the pre-season opener in STL a few weeks ago and he played well. I’m hearing rumors that we are looking at Houshmandzadeh… We need some help on the receiver side… Hoping for a quick Rice recovery. Anyone have any idea who or if we are looking at any new receivers; and how’s our secondary?

178. By Montucky Brown on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

Colt Anderson is great. Hope he makes it on the practice squad.

179. By Cor-XLVikings ! on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

Zigy, if brett goes down and we go in the toilet, loss after loss with a less than average T.J. fire both of the two trouble cancers of childress and t.j. maybe on the street unemployed they can keep each other warm in the winter !!!!
    Did they meet on jerry springer ? or blind date ?

180. By purple08 on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

You guys act like Jevon Walker is some great receiver? He was cut by how many teams? He is old and slow. He had one nice TD catch against back up players. Man, a lot of you don’t know s hit! All the negativity towards the Team and coach is shameful. No wonder other fans call us the worst fans in the league. This is embarassing! L.A. here we come.

181. By mn soldier on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

Childress just sank his career with the people he let go, he has no eye for talent, I guess that is why his old team the eagles got close but failed, kinda like our team did last yr. and will again this yr. However I feel we wont even get close as our offense will sputter and doom the D
    We need a new GM, coach and owner who really wants the team to succeed.

182. By Just The Facts On T-Jack on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

For all you Sage lovers and T-Jack Haters, in addition to my SIX facts stated previously as to why we needed to keep T-Jack and get rid of Sage, I need to remind all of you of some additional FACTS:

(7) According to Chilly the open competition between these two was LAST preseason and LAST regular season. T-Jack already proved he was better by being the only QB in the NFL with a PERFECT QB rating in a preseason game LAST year. This preseason Sage looked “better” than even Favre, but does that mean he gets to start over Favre? Of course not! That’s the whole point! There really was NO open competition this preseason which is why T-Jack (like Favre) only got to play a few minutes against that awful St. Louis Rams defense.
    (8) From the time J-Jack saved our playoff hopes by coming in against Detroit when Ferrotte got hurt, T-Jack has the NFL’s FOURTH highest QB rating (with a minimum of 150 pass attempts).
    (9) According to Chilly this past Monday, in addition to watching their performance in games, he and the coaching staff also evaluate them EVERY day in practice.

183. By (Do NOT publish) Bill Peyton on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

We need to stop trashing the coach. Childress has proved himself by winning the division twice.

Oh and bye the bye, the quarterback of one of those titles was TJack!!!

As far as roster cuts are concerned, you could wait until these cut players become STARS before we trash the coach.

Do you judge people based only on looks? Brad Childress has been getting knocked by people since coming here. Then again people hated Dennis Green who happens to have about the greatest coaching record of all time.

Even experts are wrong sometimes, even in the NFL.

184. By Silverfox on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

After reading these comments you’d think we have the worst team in the league or something. It’s unbelievable to see such negativity and the season hasn’t even actually started yet. Plus everyone seems to know everything about players after seeing them in a preseason game or two. Some of you guys are pathetic “fans” and don’t have a clue how football actually works behind the scenes.

185. By allen on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

Most of you people complaining about what the Vikes have done probably couldn’t coach a Pop Warner team, besides you can’t control what happens with the team or in the games so why not do like i do and just support your team no matter what. If you can’t do that maybe you should find another team. 41 years a Viking fan GO VIKES!!!

186. By Susan on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

Mike D. and Ben: You’re probably right about TJH, I’ll bet this is why the press conference is starting a half hour late today … they’re probably waiting for “Housh” to land!

GO VIKING!!!!

187. By Derek on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

I remember when T Jax was our QB and dreaded sundays. Just having him on the team still makes me cringe. He will never accomplish anything in this league so why is he here? He will continue to grow as a QB sure, but the ceiling of that growth is about the same level of a John Kitna. Please get this team a franchise QB so we can keep moving forward after Favre.

188. By steve on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

They should have kept walker. Played very well when given the chance. TJack should have been dealt to the giants rather then sage. The team seems to play better with sage in there. Way to go brad!! cut barrian and get tj houshmanzadah in there to give bret some depth at the reciever..

189. By Smerg166108 on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

I hope every ticket holder on this site that’s crying about the offensive cuts can yell DEFENSE at our games cause that’s whats going to win this division and hopefully a super bowl!

190. By GOLDVIKE on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

I FELT LIKE THEY SHOULD OF KEPT GARRET MILLS LAST YEAR AND THEY STILL DIDN’T KEEP HIM THIS YEAR!!! I CAN’T FIGURE THAT ONE OUT!!!

191. By Kevin on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

I, too, as a Vikings fan, was quite upset about the Sage trade. I just don’t understand it. I also don’t understand why Javon Walker didn’t make the team. He’s a decent player, and would fill the void left by Rice. As far as Whosyourdaddy goes, I personally feel like he’s overrated and I really hope we don’t pursue him. There is a reason that Seattle cut him. I do feel like only 4 WRs isn’t enough, so something has to be done, but TJH is not the answer. Our defense looks great, but the offense looks like it needs some work. Even #4 didn’t look that good against the Seahawks. I hope we’re ready for New Orleans, cause you know they’re ready for us.

192. By connor56 on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

I was wondering why they got walker in the first place? Does anyone remember what an ass he was in 2004, refusing to play for the Packers unless they re-did his contract? I can’t believe that Favre had any idea that he was coming to the Vikings. Take a look at his name in wiki.

193. By Jeff on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

I’m just sick over these cuts. Again we have a chance to repeat as NFC North champs. Again we have the worse coach in the NFL. If we didn’t have the Packers castoff Favre, we wouldn’t even make the playoffs what’s going to happen next year. We will be keeping the lions company.

194. By fmfan on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

We won the division before Favre and we will win it again after Favre.

195. By rocksalt on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

Vikes are in trouble!

196. By Meekay on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

I’m a bit concerned about the WR situation. Seems a little skimpy all things considered. Farve is a passing QB, he has to have someone to pass to. If we’re just going to rely on the running game we may as well have Webb in.

But even with that, I have confidence in the Vikes. With our Defense, the Offense will have plenty of opportunity to work it out.

197. By WTF on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

Freakin’ morons in here:
    “[Walker]‘s a decent player, and would fill the void left by Rice.” Do you really think Rice was that average of a player, or do you think that Walker is still a Pro-Bowl Receiver?

“Again we have the worse coach in the NFL.” Honestly? He took this team from the dungheap that Mike Tice left it in and built it up to win 2 consecutive Championships, and has it on the verge of another with most experst saying the Vikes are a top 4 favorite to win the Superbowl and you have your head so far up your äss to say that he is the worst coach in the NFL?

“TJack should have been dealt to the giants rather then sage.” Read the posts by “Just The Facts On T-Jack”, there are too many reasons to let you know why you (and all others with the same message) are a moron.

“Childress just sank his career with the people he let go, he has no eye for talent,” Right on MNSoldier! Even if his life depended on it Childress would never be able to find us a guy like Adrian Peterson or Percy Harvin or Jared Allen or Sidney Rice or Brett Favre or Chad Greenway or Cedric Griffin or Ray Edwards or… wait, what do you mean none of them were on the team before Childress took over? Then how the FÛÇK did they get here???

Honestly, some (okay the vast majority) of you need to pull your heads out of your ç§È§! We have an awesome team and are about to make an awesome display of it on Thursday night, and then for the rest of the season!

SKOL VIKES!

198. By coodawoodashooda on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

A few scouts out there say “Housh” can catch the ball but you can now time him with an hourglass. That might not be what the Vikes need.

199. By Fan4life on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

Well so much for this season.. Farve will retire without the ring again and we will be STUCK with the running back that can throw a little( T. J.) Webb won’t be ready for 2 or 3 years he has the happy feet like T.J. and they will hang too tight for anyone to change him.. IF they stay with the team, none of them have contracts for next year.. Do not get me wrong i hope for the best for my Vikes, and have since the 70s, but not looking good. You know N. O. Aints will try and put Farve out again ( and the refs may help again) and so will everyone we play.. He is the only real QB we have.. Pray no one hurts Farve (with our O line, pray HARD), GO VIKES!!!!

200. By sam on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

lets sign housh n sign walker back that==== domination!!!!

201. By colby on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

colt anderson those are guys u need to keep on the team not practice team hes a go getter guy gets the job done and never stops moving need people on the team like that makes them better.

202. By Kyle on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

quite yah yappin.
    lets all be hope our team the best!!!
    SKOL VIKINGS

203. By purple08 on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

Housh and Walker??!! Man you people are stupid. Just go away please. Why all of a sudden are so many idiots coming out of the woodwork this year? Awesome comments”WTF”. You the man! Need more people like you with a bit of common sense. Did I mention, WoooHoooo! Rosenfels is gone!! Yeeeaaaahhh Baby!!

204. By dhp on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

come on vikes fan wat are we thinking fire chilly for wat winning every year he has been here come on now stop and for everybody who wanted sage to stay needs to stop he not better then then jack. sage is old he can’t get out of the pocket and he throws to many picks jack is better he has done nothing but improve and you want trade him come on now but has far as the cuts didnt lik the mills cut he is really good someone will pick him up for sure

205. By dhp on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

SAGE SUCKS MAN WHY IS EVERYOE SAYING WE SHOULD KEEP SAGE BECAUSE HE LOOK GOOD VERSES THE 2ND AND 3RD TEAMS OF COARSE A VETERAN QB WILL LOOK GOOD HE BETTER. BUT HAVE YOU SEEN SAGE PLAY WITH THE FIRST TEAM HE ALWAYS FINDS A WAY TO LOSE THE GAME FOR YOU HE SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS CHILLY KNWS BEST

206. By Just The Facts On T-Jack on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

For all of you that prefer Sage over T-Jack, I’m still waiting for any of you to give me ANY facts that can justify your conclusion. If you can’t, then I’m guessing you’re all Packer fans disguised as Vikings fans. In other words, if Favre goes down, you’d rather have the worse QB (Sage) playing for the Vikes, because that obviously gives the Packers a better chance of winning.

Here’s my Top Ten List as to why we need to keep T-Jack over Sage based on FACTS.
    (1) T-Jack’s QB rating has been rising 4 years in a row, but Sage has been dropping 3 years in a row.
    (2) T-Jack only played 1 series against that awful Rams defense, but Sage got almost 3 quarters. (Let’s also not forget that Sage only went 8 of 17 for 92 yards the next 3 games)
    (3) Sage has never won the NFC Offensive Player of the Week, but T-Jack has.
    (4) If Sage was any good, then why would the Redskins, Dolphins, Texans and also get rid of him?
    (5) The Giants got the Bridesmaid, because T-Jack’s beaten them TWICE as a starter.
    (6) Chilly and Spielman have to keep the best players otherwise they will lose games and be fired.
    (7) Open competition was LAST preseason (NOT this preseason) and T-Jack was the only QB in the NFL last preseason with a PERFECT QB rating.
    (8) Since coming in against Detroit, T-Jack has the NFL’s FOURTH highest QB rating (with a minimum of 150 pass attempts).
    (9) According to Chilly he and the coaching staff evaluate Sage and Tarvaris EVERY day in practice.
    (10) Favre was quoted as saying that when he first met Tarvaris, he was most impressed by the amount of football knowledge Tarvaris had.

207. By Jon Baker on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

Its obvious that the fans are upset because Rosenfels is a better Quarterback than Jackson. He makes better decisions on the field and I would have felt alot better if the Vikings would have kept him. The problem, no one would give the Vikes anything for Jackson. That alone shows you something. As for Walker, he’ll probably be back.The Vikings don’t need Housh. If Seattle cut him, that also tells you something. The Vikings are alot better than Seattle.

208. By sam on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

at least know were all done with the housh talk hes now with ravens!!!!!!! lets get vicent jackson!!!

209. By JMANN612 on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

Do you love your Vikings? Do you love your money? Of course you do! Make sure to stay tuned to NBC Tuesday & Wednesday 9/7 and 9/8 at 8/7c to see the NFC North Champion Minnesota Vikings’ very own Bernard Berrian, Visanthe Shiancoe, and Anthony Herrera go for a chance to win $1 MILLION DOLLARS for some of their favorite charities! Go Guys! Go Vikings! http://www.facebook.com/minutetowinit

210. By purple08 on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

Jon Baker, you don’t know what the f ck you are talking about! Who told you no one would give anything up for Jackson? Where did you get that information? Out of your a *ss jer koff!! That’s where! You say Housh was cut by Seattle? How many teams cut Jevon Walker you bone head? Why would you say he will be back?

211. By David#12 on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

Oh, I thought brad childress would be cut from the Team! What happened?!? I mean, is this guy serious?? Does brad have a Brain? or did he just smoke too much pot!!?

212. By max on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

why get rid of sage so stupid but SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BEAT SAINTS&WIN SB

213. By Jon Baker on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

Don’t know what the f i’m talking about purple08. I’m not the only one who feels that way about Resenfels. If the Vikings could of gotten something for Jackson, they would have. Rosenfels would have made more money also. The Vikings might bring Walker back, no one knows for sure. But the Vikings do need another wide reciever and they did not want to pay Walker what he was going to make. Seattle did not want to pay Housh what he was going to get this year, thats why he’s no longer a Seahawk.

2. Sep 4, 2010: Vikings Cut Roster to 53 | The Viking Age | A Minnesota Vikings blog
  3. Sep 4, 2010: Vikes Announce All Cuts » Vikings Gab
  4. Sep 4, 2010: Vikings Announce Cuts, Final 53-Man Roster | Minnesota Sports Zone
  5. Sep 5, 2010: Top Posts — WordPress.com