Vikings-Broncos Lineup Notes

Posted by Mike Wobschall on September 2, 2010 – 5:22 pm

The Vikings and Broncos will each play their 4th and final preseason game of 2010 tonight at Mall of America Field, with kickoff scheduled for 7:00 p.m. CT. The Vikings open the regular season next week at New Orleans and their starting lineups will look much different than the lineups for tonight’s game.

The Vikings 1st-team offense will rest tonight and the following players will take their place in the starting lineup: WR Taye Biddle, WR Greg Camarillo, LT Patrick Brown, LG Chris DeGeare, C Jon Cooper, RG Ryan Cook, RT Drew Radovich, TE Jeff Dugan, QB Tarvaris Jackson, FB Ryan D’Imperio and RB Albert Young.

Most of the Vikings starters on defense will rest as well. Jayme Mitchell and Brian Robison will start at DE, Fred Evans and Letroy Guion will each start at DT, Heath Farwell, Jasper Brinkley and Erin Henderson will start at LB, Asher Allen will start at CB for Antoine Winfield and Colt Anderson will start for Madieu Williams at S.

I’m guessing that Lito Sheppard and Tyrell Johnson will get the starts at CB and S, respectively.

CB Chris Cook and DT Jimmy Kennedy will not dress for the Vikings.

The starter changes for the Broncos are at LG, TE, NT and RCB, so it seems as if many of the Broncos starters will play tonight. That will provide the Vikings starters with a good challenge.

12 Responses to “Vikings-Broncos Lineup Notes”

1. By Douglas Que on Sep 2, 2010 | Reply

T.J. Houshmandzadeh is available . The Seahawks are looking to get rid of him. Should the Vikings invest in him?

2. By Mike Hunt on Sep 2, 2010 | Reply

how and where did you hear that the seahawks were looking to get rid of their best skill position player? don’t think so.

3. By Mike Hunt on Sep 2, 2010 | Reply

i stand corrected, doug. hadn’t heard the news…. my apologies. i wonder what it would take to get him and…… that contract was pretty big, if i remember right. i’d rather sit tight than give up a fortune for him. rice will be back soon enough, and ALL we have to do is make the playoffs. do that, and anything can happen. let’s not mortgage our future. now if they’ll take a 3rd and a 5th for him?………. that would be interesting. NO 2nd round picks or better. he’s good, he’s not THAT good.

4. By TWVIKE on Sep 2, 2010 | Reply

MW is a JOKE!

5. By PurplePeopleEater on Sep 2, 2010 | Reply

Okay, so that game made it pretty clear that we have no 2nd string offense. We have to make sure that guys stay healthy on offense or we’ll have a lot of trouble scoring.

I’m gonna miss watching Joe Webb play. Did he ever get sacked during the preseason? Cause he had guys hanging all over him every time he stepped back to pass, but I don’t remember seeing one guy able to take him down behind the line. Somebody better get him chewing Favre’s brain on the sidelines during the season. If he can learn how to play smart and how to properly read defenses he will be insane. He has a lot more potential than TJack had, so long as he has room in his head to learn how to play in the NFL.
    And how about trade value for some of the defenders that aren’t going to make the team? Will teams offer much for these guys knowing that we’re just going to cut them otherwise? If there’s enough demand out there, teams will go into a bidding war once they hit free agency, so there just might be a team that doesn’t want to chance it. It’d be great to be able to get back some draft value for quality players that we simply don’t have room for on the roster.

6. By ed on Sep 2, 2010 | Reply

WEBB to WR and special teams this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he can help us get to the SB now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. By Woodboat on Sep 2, 2010 | Reply

I am VERY interested to see which QB gets the axe. I hope its Jackson, but it’ll probably be…. Farve, knowing Childress :| Nah, Sage is probably gonna go, I’d guess. Which WRs are they gonna keep? I hope Payne gets a ride, but that makes Berrian, Harvin, Rice (pup), Camarillo, Walker, Lewis (probably) then Payne… dunno if they keep that many. RB will be very interesting as well, as it seems the Vikes are pretty deep at 2nd tier backs.

As far as getting Housh… good luck. I bet the ‘hawks are still angry with the Vikes over the Hutchinson deal.

I liked the announcer calling Tebow “the Savior at quarterback fades back to pass…” what a crack up LOL.

I do hope they keep Webb, but leave him as 3rd string QB. If Farve goes down, our season is over anyway, so let the kid try to learn the position. Maybe he can pick up the NFL game and we’ll have the QB Culpepper could have been. The kid can certainly move….

8. By PurplePeopleEater on Sep 2, 2010 | Reply

I don’t understand why Lewis is being advertised as a lock to make the team. Outside of that one miraculous play against the 49ers, did he do anything to help the team out last year? I loved that play, it saved the game no question, but I’m apt to believe that there was a lot more luck in it than skill. I haven’t watched him much, but I have a feeling that his skill is at the bottom of the list of WRs that have a shot at making the team. I wouldn’t be surprised if he DOES make the team, but right now he is my first choice to be cut once Rice comes off the PUP list.

9. By marcus on Sep 2, 2010 | Reply

front office alert!!!! don’t blow a chance at getting houshmandzadeh! cut walker and what ever person to get this deal done!!! this the year…harvin, houshmandzadeh,and rice when he come back! watch out nfc! just get this deal done don’t blow it!

10. By rocksalt on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

trade berrian for houshmandzadeh…….berrian has been a bust for us anyway. GET RID OF TJACK!

11. By Brandon S. on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Why would the Vikings get rid of Berrian, their only consistent deep threat now that rice is on PUP for a possession receiver @rocksalt? I can’t think of a worse idea.

2. Sep 2, 2010: Vikings-Broncos Lineup Notes | Vikings Stop Blog