Favre Returns, Vikings Lose; But Henderson Is The Story

Posted by Mike Wobschall on August 23, 2010 – 7:38 am

If you’re a big enough Vikings fan to be on this site and reading this blog, you’re surely aware that the Vikings lost to the San Francisco 49ers last night by a count of 15-10, dropping their 2010 preseason record to 1-1 and also concluding the road trip portion of the preseason schedule.

So you’re also aware that QB Brett Favre made his return, played 1 series, completed a nice pass to Adrian Peterson on the 1st play and then took a smashing hit from LB Patrick Willis on a sack just 2 plays later. That was basically it for Favre…there was a lot of standing around after that for most of the 1st-team players.

But with all of the hype and build-up of Favre’s return to the field, it was actually the return to the field AND performance of another Vikings player that stole the show in my eyes. Middle LB E.J. Henderson was back on the field for the 1st time since injuring his leg in Arizona late last season.

Henderson has aggressively rehabbed his injury all offseason and then looked great in training camp, even drawing rave reviews from Vikings Head Coach Brad Childress. But then he didn’t play in the Vikings 1st preseason game, which caused me to temper my enthusiasm a bit regarding #56.

After watching him play on Sunday night, my enthusiasm is back. Henderson looked like the old E.J., tallying 7 tackles in just 1 quarter. One of those tackles was for a loss, and the play was the exact type of play Henderson made regularly before injuring his leg; he knifed through the backfield and swept his arm across the legs of 49ers RB Anthony Dixon to trip him up before he got back to the line of scrimmage.

I think Henderson’s performance will remain a “below the radar” thing because of the sensationalism of Favre’s return. But I also think that’s how E.J. wants it.

For now.

Tags:

65 Responses to “Favre Returns, Vikings Lose; But Henderson Is The Story”

1. By Carl K on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

E.J was impressive and heroic in his return. Go ahead and give him some sensationalism. I found myself holding my breathe watching him last night.

2. By Fred on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

Willis’ sack was SWEET. Sign of things to come, Queen fans. Hope that line improves, otherwise a wheel chair is the only piece of hardware Favre will be holding onto this winter. SKOL

3. By Arrowhead on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

yaaaay pre season! the 2008 lions showed how indicative it is to the regular season..

4. By GOLDVIKE on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

E.J. LOOKED GREAT BUT I DON’T THINK WE SHOULD USE HIM ALOT IN PRE SEASON GAMES!!!!

5. By FAVRE4EVER on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

Once again its time we send an offer to patriots which includes sage to try and aquire Logan Mankins. Favre staying off his back would probably be a good thing.

6. By Carl K on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

We need to do something. With out Havin and Rice our offense is very predictable and easy to shut down.

7. By VikingBill on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

The Packers are poor losers. Favre will make them pay yet again and again!

8. By Bryan Wilkens on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

Henderson might be the story but, did anyone really get a load of Webb? Holy smokes! Does anyone think that there might be a chance for him to be 2nd string QB? To be honest, I wasn’t too impressed with Jackson or Rosenfels. When I see Webb, I see the future of the Vikings.

9. By Lito on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

EJ, you are an inspiration to us all. Bless you, I hope you and the team will be “healthy” and with not too much injuries come playoff time. I hope you get Pro Bowl and MVP honors this year. Good luck!

10. By Carl K on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

Bryan, I hear ya. Ditto. I think we should be working this kid in this year with some wildcat stuff. I would even find a way to get him and Favre on the field at the same time. What better way to learn from Favre than seeing him in the huddle.

11. By CarterMossReed on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

Webb has athleticism his throwing motion is kind of odd and the safety was not a smart decision but I would develop this kid he seems better than tj already and its only his rookie season. Keep webb dump sage let webb be the backup let him play more in preseason and cleanup games in regular season. Webb has that swagger with the end zone celebration he has the confidence just needs to sharpen his mechanics he will rise in no time.

12. By Carl K on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

He was just trying to keep that last play alive – the safety was meaningless at that point. I would love to see that end zone dance a few more times.

13. By Rogerthevikefan on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

Joe webb was awesome. Yes he was sacked for a saftey. But he got away from a couple and that 45 – 50 yard run looked to easy. Man he is awesome. Plus e.j. is incredible. My sister broke her femur and it took her double the time to heal. Man so happy for you e.j. you are the heart of the d. Keep punishing all offences.

14. By VIKING IN NEW HAMPSHIRE on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

Fred, your an idiot ! period ! enough said.

15. By Lance on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

Half man, half steel…E.J. is the terminator!

16. By morgan142 on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

I thought EJ looked excellent last night. It is really impressive that he has no hesitation on the field after the injury. He is a machine. I was really impressed with AP hanging on to the ball. They were going after it hard. I think we will see huge runs out of AP if they continue to try to tackle the ball on AP. Go Vikes!

17. By VikingsDefenseFan on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

I co-sign Viking in New Hampshire. Also glad to have you back EJ!

18. By Seth on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

Hey Fred, remember a certain game in Week 3 last year where Favre got hit as he threw the ball? How’d that one turn out for ya?

19. By jp on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

EJ from Aberdeen High (same as Cal Ripken) EJ is the real Iron Man!

20. By Bigfan1 on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

It’s great that Brett’s back, but there are over fifty other players on this team that make it what it is. The defense is second to none, great to have EJ back. Webb looked great, tall, big hands, runs 4.4, they better sign him and let one of the other QBs go. This dude is a weapon. The Vikes have some work to do until the opener.

21. By brad on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

That is great we got EJ back. There are some things I noticed about the game and that is that the Oline needs to pick up the pace and actually protect our QB otherwise we will not have a QB this year. Webb was great in that game. To be honest the vikings should keep him because of his ability to be able to take a hit if done so or JUST GET AWAY(that was great), he can throw and also he can RUN. Jackson should be gone from the Vikings. Jackson, in my opinion, did NOT show ANY improvement in that game that he has learned from Favre. If you look at any of the pictures or even videos who is it that is picking Favre’s brain and is beside Favre learning stuff. Who is it, it is Sage and not Jackson. I said it once and I’ll say it again TRADE/GET RID OF JACKSON. He is no good for the Vikings.

22. By DAVID GREEN on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

GLAD TO HAVE BRETT BACK. MY WIFE AND I GRADUATED FROM USM IN 1967. WE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE HIM PLAY MANY TIMES WHILE HE WAS AT USM. WE HAVE FOLLOWED HIS CAREER FROM GREEN BAY TO NEW YORK AND NOW TO MINNESOTA. HE IS MR. FOOTBALL AND WILL ALWAYS BE IN OUR HEARTS AND PRAYERS. WE WISH HIM MUCH SUCCESS THIS YEAR AND IF HE RETIRES AFTER THIS YEAR, NFL FOOTBALL WILL NEVER IN OUR LIFETIME HAVE ANYONE TO TAKE HIS PLACE WITH DESIRE AND ENTHUSIASM FOR THE GAME

23. By Frenchy Mike on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

No comments on E.J., he looked great. I hope Childress and Favre ride McKinney’s sorry ass to get him to protect Brett, otherwise it will be a short un-retirement for BF. McKinney was made to look stupid out there again, chasing guys as they roared past him.

What a joke.

24. By brad on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

O-line protect Favre !!!!!!!!

25. By Robins on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

Welcome back Henderson! We are so glad that you are back! We are thrilled Brett is back but you do need to protect him!! He is the best there is but he can’t do it on his butt! Please protect Brett! Webb, it was a blast watching you get your touchdown last night!

26. By JUNE EVORA on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

I WAS ALWAYS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT PRESEASON WAS FOR EVALUATION AND MODIFICATION OF DIFFERENT ASPECTS OF THE TEAM PLAYER ROLES. THE COACHES HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO CHART WHERE THE NECESSARY CHANGE NEED TO BE MADE AS WELL AS WHAT PLAYS NEEDED MORE WORK IN ORDER TO BE EFFECTIVE. ALTHOUGH IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE WON AND THE COMPETITIVE SPIRIT IS EVIDENT FOR INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS WHO ARE TRYING TO, AT THE VERY LEAST, EARN A ROSTER SPOT, BUT IT IS STILL JUST A PRESEASON GAME. I CAN RECALL THE VIKINGS WINNING ALL FOUR OF THEIR PRESEASON GAMES DURING THE 2001 POST CAMP PRESEASON.AND EVEN CHRIS COLLINSWORTH THOUGH THAT THE VIKINGS WERE GOING TO GO TO THE SUPER BOWL THAT YEAR BASED ON WHAT HE SAW. BUT, KOREY STRINGER HAD JUST PASSED AWAY AND THE TEAM WAS PLAYING ON EMOTIONS THAT DIDN’T REALLY MANIFEST UNTIL DURING THE REGULAR SEASON. AND COMMENTS WERE MADE BY CRITICS RELATIVE TO THE BEHAVIOR EXHIBITED BY SOME OF THE PLAYERS. SO, WITH THAT SAID, LETS JUST CONCENTRATE ON WHAT IS WORKING, HOW PLAYERS IN CERTAIN POSITIONS ARE RESPONDING AND DISPESE OF WINNING GAMES OF INSIGNIFIGANCE WHERE TEAMS HAVE OFTEN EXPERIENCED LOSS DUE TO PREMATURE INJURIES AND THEY ARE GONE FOR THE SEASON. TO ME THAT IS A GREATER LOSS THAT WILL HAVE AN AFFECT ON THETEAM AND THEIR DEPTH CHARTS. AND BY THE WAY,? THE VIKINGS DIDNT EVEN MAKE IT TO THE PLAYOFFSS THAT YEAR. LET’S JUST ENJOY THESE GAMES FOR WHAT THEY REALLY ARE!WHAT DO I KNOW?. I’M JUST A FEMALE FAN-ATIC OF THE GAME

27. By PurplePeopleEater on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

I just saw a rumor on ESPN that we are persuing Jevon Walker to fill in for the hole created by Harvin’s migraines and Rice’s hip injury. Is there any merit to this or is ESPN just fabricating another story?

28. By MIke B on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

I said at draft that if I was wrong I would say so. The players drafted this year are showing they have talent to play someplace in the league. It is unfortunate that some are in spots that are deep in talent. I was wrong they are playing at a very high level for rookies. Farve’s back and time to win games. Go Vikes

29. By purple entity on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

It is true that minnesota was pursuing javon walker and he actually signed today. I agree the offensive line needs to protect brett MUCH better than they WERe and ARE. Minnesota NEEDS to keep Joe Webb. period. i would love to see him in wildcat as well it will be really exciting. with E.J back and Percy and sidney hopefully recovering we will be set. Especially with a diamond in the rough by the name of Joe Webb!

30. By stig on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

EJ. HENDERSON…..CAN,T WAIT TO SEE HIM IN ACTION AGAIN….

31. By Carl K on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

I think the Vikings had Javon Walker in for a workout a day or two ago. I don’t think we have signed him yet? I was hoping Mike would post some information and update us on what is happening with the WR postion.

32. By Le Tigre on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

VERY happy to see some of the great defensive emotion again last night. EJ and Jared gave some heat and stops early to cause the offense of the 69er’s to take notice….Didn’t like that first drive, however… When the team was stagnant on the O side last year, the D picked them up – and visa versa… Webb is a reciever and Wild cat man… I think his ability to throw, run and catch are all going to be posititves -as long as our OC uses it wisely!!… but Childress HAS to keep a tight end in (Dugan, perhaps!!!) to help McKinney and protect Brett’s blindside…. I played QB to a JUCO level… and my best friend was my left tackle…. C’mon Brad – give us some time and we’ll dice up the competition like a fine salsa, once again.

33. By Vikings1 on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

I watched the game but I was very disappointed with the O-line, to put it bluntly, they looked awful. Farve will need a wheel chair if the O-line don’t block any better. Is it just me or do we still seem to have the same problems as last year, the O-line and the secondary. Also Rosenfelds hasn’t shown me anything in the last two years, at least T-Jack has shown great improvement and Joe Webb looked great, we have to figure a way to keep him!!!

34. By HuskerVikingFan on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

E.J. Henderson is an absolute inspiration! Welcome back, E.J.! You are amazing! I agree with PURPLEENTITY: Joe Webb is a diamond in the rough. I really look forward to watching him develop into a solid QB. If not, he will be an amazing WR. If Webb ended up at WR he will never be Chris Carter (no one will) but I can see Webb providing plenty of his own dazzling Carteresque film footage. As far as Tavaris Jackson play last night, I put his need to scramble on the O-line. I hate to be a negative Vikings fan but, the Vikings O-line does not look good. They look lost. I agree with the other comments regarding the O-line – if they don’t square it way now, I won’t blame Brett, Tavaris, Sage, and Joe if they each tell the O-line to go pound sand. None of the QB’s can be expected to take the pounding it looks like they are going to be taking this season courtesy of the O-line. The Vikings offense (lack of depth) really has me worried now.

35. By paul on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

Javon Walker? Not alot of love between him and Favre in G.B.

36. By Mike on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

Anthony Herrera was playing Center last night. Not surprised that he would struggle with some of the protections. I doubt many people realize how much of a difference that small change in the starting lineup makes. That isn’t what the oline is going to look like on week 1.

37. By Juliano Giovaniato on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

TRADE SAGE!!!!!! HE HAD HIS OPPORTUNITY! We could probably get a good player out of sage via trade because many teams are in need of a veteran QB!!!!!!
    Keep T-Jack and webb as devolomental QB’s

38. By arahn on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

Having Joe Webb for a QB in the future may be great but Vikes need to put in a position where he can carry the ball a lot THIS season! Right-now he could be the best WR weapon after a well-healed Rice.

39. By Steve on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

The real concern is the offensive line – it needs to improve. Both the run and passing game will suffer if they don’t make some changes. Peterson’s average suffered last year because they couldn’t move anyone off the line. Brett reduced the number of sacks he would have had by doing an excellent job of reading the defense, and getting rid of the ball quickly.

40. By PurplePeopleEater on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

Hopefully the line will shore things up once the entire starting crew comes together. I looked it up, and apparantly Sullivan missed the first 2 preseason games due to an injured calf. The article said that he’s expected to return to practice today, so it’ll be a good chance that we’ll see plenty of the entire starting line in the Dome this weekend, protecting Favre against the Seahawks. Hopefully they’ll prove to us all that they deserve to be starters.

41. By Aaron on Aug 24, 2010 | Reply

no need for walker. keep payne! he has a lot to offer both as wide receiver and on special teams

42. By Ed on Aug 24, 2010 | Reply

Get WEBB on the field this year as a receiver!!!!!!! Especially with the Rice/Harvin situations. His raw athletic ability and talent could HELP us get to a SUPERBOWL (remember how Desmond Howard ran up and down the field the year yhe PACK WON the Superbowl??????) He can go back to quaterback next year when #4 hangs it up. Also, it would be insane to just let T-Jack stand around and hold a clipboard all year. He is under contract!!! USE his athletisism and at least get him in on some situational downs like maybe in a Slash or Wildcat???? This will help protect #4 as he won’t have to take so many hits!! (SEE JETS SEASON WHEN FAVRE TOOK ONE VISCIOUS BLINDSIDE HIT (Debrikishaw Ferguson got beat, as usual) – BRETT was not the same the rest of the year. FAVRE can’t do it all by himself. Get ALL of our best athletes on the field at once (like the Saints do). This will make our scheme LESS predictable. Sure Breeze is a great talent but what makes that offense so hard to stop is that they have about 5 or 6 playmakers in on every play from scrimmage and Breeze just picks you apart. They are multi-dimensional. We have the talent! We can beat them at their own game! Go ahead and get that offensive lineman from the Patriots. Once again for your Quaterback’s health and safety. The guys up front now all seem to have LEAD in their feet. Go Vikes!!!!!!

43. By lefty on Aug 24, 2010 | Reply

Listen to the fans preseason is preview of whats to come.Oline just sucks period. I am sure the starters will change the game but Julius Pepper cammot be stopped by the Oline we saw. I am sure they will see the film. I d like to see Webb to be the QB for the entire second half next and see what he does, at least he will perform like michael vick of 2005,

44. By OLDSCHOOL on Aug 24, 2010 | Reply

All of this won’t matter if this O -Line doesn’t get it together! Mckinnie sucks! He can’t even hold them back during the Preseason! Any speed rusher coming off his end just runs by him….QB Blind-Side! Brett won’t make it out of the Saints game! That O-Line ………still not opening holes or running lanes….AP…still being nailed 2 or 3 yards behind the line! BAD NEWS! Sidney….I think he must be done……If your trying to sign washed up players like Walker! BAD NEWS!

45. By scott goehring on Aug 24, 2010 | Reply

go vikings /ej looks great and ap looks determined,winfield look reallygood out there also but joe webb is the next rookie of the year.

46. By OLDSCHOOL on Aug 24, 2010 | Reply

AP better look determined……….it takes alot of determination to run through 2 lines!!! I’m all about SKOL VIKINGS…..but can we talk real talk here and take our heads out of the clouds for just second?! Look at that O line…….same as when we saw it last…getting our QB killed and stopping our own RB’s! GET REAL SCOTT!

47. By Viking Joe on Aug 24, 2010 | Reply

I feel we had a good showing after the first set of downs that the 49ers went 70 some yards down the field for the score. This is our worry we give up too much in the first set then we settle in. We need a big stop on the first possesion and stop the other team from scoring first. I thought it was great for us to put the Def. out first but we need to close it out with a stop or three and out. I would do this again the next two games our Def needs to set the tone for the game. We need a WR i think Webb would be great to replace Harvin until he gets better. Rice I think made a poor decision and we may lose him for the year. He could have had that hip fixed and maybe he would be ready after the bye week.

48. By Carl K on Aug 24, 2010 | Reply

Mike – Can you give us an update on the WR position. Does Sidney need surgery? Did we sign Jevon Walker? Will we move Reynaud or Webb to WR?

49. By nflguy on Aug 24, 2010 | Reply

This team has bad luck with injuries on good players year after year maybe this team is cursed.

50. By Paul on Aug 24, 2010 | Reply

Rice gone for half of the year? Great he was hurt in the Saints game last year and is just now going under the knife. So i guess this year Rice will be the one hurt and BB will have a big year. Man it would be nice for once to have have Rice, BB and Harvin all on the same field at 100%. So happy to have EJ back lets hope he is there for the playoffs this year. Also i really hope they dont try and sneak Webb to the practice squad like they did in 07 with Tyler Thigpen sure would have been nice to still have him around.

51. By Robin on Aug 24, 2010 | Reply

Why didn’t Sidney Rice have his surgery earlier so he would be ready for the season? Brett did. He is such a great player. He will be missed. I hope to see a lot of Webb. Protect Brett! That is the only way we will win.

52. By celticvikingwarrior on Aug 24, 2010 | Reply

I was so HAPPY to FINALLY hear someone say, true or not, that Chidress knows absolutely NOTHING about offense, I’ve been saying it for 3 years. That goes for sonny in law also. while I agree wholeheartedly that our OL is in SERIOUS trouble, A.P. has to take at least some of the blame, I’ve NEVER seen an RB run full speed, with his head down ramming his helmet right between the #’s of any given O lineman as often as he does. It’s absolutely absurd how often I see him with head down do this, and I find myself yelling at the T.V. because if slowed down just a bit behind the line and waited AND watched the play develope in front of him, he would see what I see, an open field, or at least a nice hole one step to the right or left. Re: the 6′-6″-330 lb. center we have had one on the roster for 4 full years now, he was a 4 year starter who graded out extremely high had somewhere around 160-190 pancake blocks. His name is Ryan Cook and Childress, in his infinate STUPIDITY moved him to OG-OT without EVER giving him a CHANCE at center.They HAVE TO trade Sage and keep Webb, remember Moss’s 1st year ? Just go deep baby, I seem to remember that working out OK, so Webb can’t run perfect routes, with his athletisism he doesn’t need to ala Moss. We have Berrian, Percey, Lewis, Payne and others for route running, just let the kid run and jump this year and back to QB next year !!! They HAVE TO DO WHATEVER to draft a more “seasoned” QB in next years draft, as high as they can get, then OL, OL, OL, OL, safety,safety, that’s only 6 pick’s, I used one to move up in 1st rd. This team will NEVER go to a superbowl with “Chilly” as head coach, PRAY that I’m wrong, I do !!!!!

53. By Jones on Aug 24, 2010 | Reply

I would start berrian, harvin, payne, and lewis no need to sign a wideout build talent within our roster. Don’t move webb to wideout let him excell in one position. Don’t turn him into kordell stewart slasher type.

54. By Matt on Aug 24, 2010 | Reply

Watch for Webb at WR this season. They won’t show it in preseason, but that’s gonna happen during the regular season for sure!

55. By Dennis on Aug 24, 2010 | Reply

First of all, I don’t get it! OL is getting paid higher than most teams. But they can’t stop the defense from killing our QB. And they can’t make holes for our RB. Ian Johnson has blocked better than the OL the first two preseason games. Yes he missed some but he can’t stop everybody that the OL let’s through, right? He has done so many trick plays at Boise State Bronco’s, and played so many positions, why not put him on special teams! He’s not picky, he just want’s to play and win.
    Now about E.J. Henderson. He was announced on TV and recognized how fast he recovered. And personally I don’t care how many games we win this year. for the first time in my life, I’m looking at it differently. We have a good team right now and we need to find out who will be the best players to make this team win. Childress, I think you need to learn more plays your self. Wake UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you need to listen to your fans, McKinney is are worst player on the field. Everybody can’t fully think straight cause that have to worry about McKinney letting someone through. So Wake up on that one too.

56. By Bill on Aug 24, 2010 | Reply

With Rice out they need to keep Webb. He is big, fast, strong, dangerous. They are crazy to cut him.

57. By OLDSCHOOL on Aug 24, 2010 | Reply

Mckinney sucks…he can’t block rock…he would let that roll by him! Knew Sidney was done…….this is poor coaching and mang.!!! He should have had this already done! I bet you Brett is second guessing himself now….I would be…..HMMMMMMM…no O-Line……No #1 Wideout……….Percy day to day……all the time…………….Ouch……that FORK hurts!

58. By Haywood Jablomie on Aug 24, 2010 | Reply

June-
    STOP USING CAPS and go analyze the WNBA

I wouldn’t get too excited about Webb, he was playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Go 49ers

59. By Teng on Aug 24, 2010 | Reply

The O-line is in trouble. Thats all i have to say.

60. By jimbo92107 on Aug 24, 2010 | Reply

First, Joe Webb better be on this team after the final cut. Whatever they want to call him for now, he’s the QB of the future for this team.

Second, the O Line better tighten up their pass protection. Favre survived 16 games last season because the line kept his jersey clean.

Third, don’t worry about the receivers. Brett Favre has always gotten great performances from his WRs. Why? Because he puts the ball right in their hands, right in stride. Guys like Favre don’t need great receivers, they make average receivers look great. Advice to the Vikings: Keep the fastest ones, plus Payne.

61. By JoefromFultondale on Aug 24, 2010 | Reply

Watching Webb make that TD run Sunday, Reminded me of him making runs like that at UAB. I went to all of the home games and some road games that he played in and he will be missed. Webb played WR before becoming QB. Cornerbacks couldn’t cover him one-on-one. When teams run the wildcat and the QB lines up at WR he is usually not a threat to catch the ball just maybe throw it, but with Webb he is a threat to throw, run or catch the ball.

62. By rino on Aug 24, 2010 | Reply

with the injury to rice and the uncertainty of harvin the vikings are hurting at reciever, should they trade for moss. what ever it takes to get him .AP cant do it himself and favre needs a big target. if this were to happen AP will get more room to run the oppenents D will have to show respect to both the run and pass this will make the vikings a dangerous team and when rice returns it will be awesome. this would be the best trade in vikes histrory dont you agree.

63. By Rick on Aug 25, 2010 | Reply

We will never win it all with the current O-line Childress in charge…How many year does this have to be so obvious before upper Mgt makes the moves?? 45 Year Viking fan…once again on paper we have great talent but a poor leader making the calls.

2. Aug 23, 2010: Favre Returns, Vikings Lose; But Henderson Is The Story | Vikings Stop Blog
  3. Aug 23, 2010: Vikings Notes: E.J. Henderson and Javon Walker « Purple Pants, Green Jersey