Childress Addresses Harvin Situation

Posted by Mike Wobschall on August 19, 2010 – 12:22 pm

During practice late Thursday morning Vikings WR Percy Harvin experienced an apparent migraine episode, forcing the team to suspend the workout momentarily. Harvin was being attended to by the Vikings medical staff and eventually an ambulance arrived to take him to a local hospital.

Vikings Head Coach Brad Childress gathered his team and then the squad executed one more period before ending the workout.

After practice, both Head Coach Brad Childress and Defensive Coordinator Leslie Frazier addressed the issue, and you can view both of those press conferences by clicking the links below.

Childress Presser – 8/19

Frazier Presser – 8/19

Tags:

40 Responses to “Childress Addresses Harvin Situation”

1. By NYViking on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

Percy, Sorry to hear what happened. Please get well soon.

2. By Tina Severson on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

My son suffers from something that sounds very similar to what is happening to Percy. He has been diagnosed with Basilar Artery/ Hemiplegic migraines. Although it is officially a migraine diagnosis, during an episode he actually has a temporary stroke. He can be fine one minute and down the next. This is a rare condition and took Drs. almost ten years and many misdiagnosis’ to figure out. I don’t have any idea if the Vikings will see these comments or not – but if we can help Percy – or anyone else for that matter- then my son has not gone through all of this for nothing.

3. By Jake B on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

Please have your team physician check this info out. I have a lot of clients that have had severe migrans and cured it.

This way of eating could make a huge difference and hey what do you have to lose.

I’m a seahawk fan but don’t like seeing people in pain.

4. By Real612 on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

Percy,
    I’ve said a few prayers for you. Please get well soon!

5. By Kong Lee on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

I appreciate everyone for your support. I hope he does get well soon so we can have another great season. I dont want Harvin to miss out this year too because with Brett back we have potential to be a SuperBowl Contender..

6. By jj on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

steve-you are an idiot. the vikings made it clear they wanted percy healthy above all. after the korey stringer tragedy im sure minnesota is very careful about their practices, not to mention he was watching practice when this happened. do us all a favor and shut your uninformed mouth!

7. By Steph on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

Thanks Tina for putting this info up there.

8. By Real612 on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

Steve-
    The organization is worried about their team mate who is in a time of need. This isn’t the era of Tice. I’m sure everyone is doing everything possible to help Percy.

9. By HKP on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

Praying for you Percy!! I hope you are well soon.

10. By Stoney on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

STEVE, your a window licker!

11. By Rogerthevikefan on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

Who cares how it happened it happened now he just needs to get better. Get well soon man. Hope they find a way to help you I know how painful they can get.

12. By OLDSCHOOL on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

Time to find a World Famous Migrane Doctor for him……On the Vikes Dime……NOW! Have never heard of someone having migranes like this this …this often! NEVER…….HE NEEDS HELP FROM THE BEST DOCTORS THAT THEY CAN FIND……HE WORTH THE INVESTMENT!!!!!!!

13. By JennRo on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

I hope you get this message!! I feel for you! I have suffered migraines for 3 years and have tried everything possible. But, I finally found a combination that works! Even my family physician was amazed this week at my last visit and does not want to prescribe anymore medication!! I am not some weirdo hippie, just a regular person who was desperate for relief! Here is the simple list:

14. By JennRo on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

1. I grind my teeth horribly at night and have to wear a NTI mouthpiece. This was the first step I took towards treating my migraine problem. This has also made a difference in my migraines. 2. Upper cervical chiropractic care (I used to play rugby which got my upper spine out of wack).
    3. Daily vitamin/mineral supplements of activated coral calcium, magnesium, and B vitamins.

15. By JennRo on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

Please at least give it a try for a month! I couldn’t imagine doing what you do with a migraine! It is a comprehensive approach that you need to take towards migraines! Please get well soon! Many fans truly care about you!

16. By Skol_Vikings on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

Oh god, someone had to remind me of Mike Tice.
    RIP Korey

Percy needs to get over to Mayo and make sure everything is ok.

17. By skol-vikes on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

percy should try potassium supplement. My wife had problems with migranes till she started taking potassium supplements. Get well soon Percy.

18. By Tony C on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

Give Percy Cannabis. Cannabis is used for Migraines here in California. This kid should be crying himself to sleep. Cannabis Cannabis Cannabis. AKA Marijuana

19. By Tony C on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

he shouldn’t be crying himself to sleep… I meant :)

20. By AR on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

Percy probably has Celiac Disease

21. By dave quesenberry on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

Hopfully they will find something that will help him. Sounds like hes really stuggling with this.

22. By Scott Wasserman on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

If you suffer from migraines and would be willing to tell your story on FOX 9 News please give me a call.
    Scott Wasserman 952-210-9332

23. By Dr Robert Arnone on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

Percy,
    It is likely that you have sustained an Upper Cervical Injury which alters mental impulse as well as blood supply. If you keep doing what you have been doing you will keep getting what you have got. I have emailed and phoned Eric Sugarman regarding this. I have seen phenomenal results with similar cases, but only after we were able to identify the cause, so we would first need to do that, then I would be in the best position to tell you what we could or could not do to help you.
    Yours in Best Health,
    Dr Robert Arnone
    St Louis, MO

24. By Skolmeister on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

They may need to trade Percy to a state where he can use medical marijuana. All through college he was self medicating and it seemed to work. *shrug*

25. By cheryl on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

percy we r with u. Wishing u get well soon. the headaches r no fun. we need u out there. love u Avikings fan all the way.

26. By mike on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

get well percy!!! were going to need u more than u know!!!! hopefully there will be a remedy to alleviate ur suffering.

27. By tko on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

does anyone see what I see here? a hundred wanna be doctors, another hundred that wanna blame someone for the poor guys condition. some of you need to get a clue, noone but percy is pushing percy! he’s living his dream and pushing himself to succeed. the sad part is that it is a business and if he cant play do to his condition he will be gone. very sad for such a talented kid. you can bet the team is doing whatever they can to figure this out, they know his potential. GET BETTER PERCY, WE NEED YA!!

28. By Renee Bachman on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

Hope Percy is up and around soon.The Vikings need him.God Bless You Percy and hoping you’re up and around soon…. From a faithful Viking & Gator FANatic :)

29. By yang hue vang on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

Harvin, get well soon. I really want you to play for the Minnesota Vikings as the WR. I love to see you play. :)

30. By Brad on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

Percy will be fine. Vikings will be champs. Better get your popcorn..

31. By Kathy Kroeger on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

I don’t know if anyone who knows Percy and/or will ask him this question, but I’m willing to try anything to get to Percy. I have had migraines most of my life. At the age of 30 something, my doctor decided to try the drug atenolol. I take the maximum dosage of 100ml and I have not had a migraine since! The pill took care of my painful migraines in a matter of a couple days. I have always had to go to bed in a dark room for at least 2 to 3 days, and I’m migraine free now. I’m 67 and I am so blessed for this drug. I hope and pray that this e-mail will reach someone who will ask Percy about trying this.
    I pray for you Percy, because they are so awful and you don’t deserve to have these headaches. I hope you will find something like I did, that will take care of you. Good luck and take care…..Kathy

32. By Bri on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

Migraines are very different from person to person, and very difficult to treat. It can take years to accurately diagnose the triggers, and find what works to combat them. What might help one person’s migraine may actually be a trigger for another person. Some medications may work to relieve the migraine temporarily, but will actually cause another migraine maybe a week later, creating a vicious cycle. Only Percy and his doctors can find what works for him; trying all of these other methods could make the problem worse.

33. By Berndine on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

I really hope you (Percy) can find something to help you with your migraine problem, I am sure you have the best team doctors there and I am hoping you have had your team Massage Therapist work on you for your migraines. I really do wish the best for you Percy.

34. By Kyle on Aug 19, 2010 | Reply

I think “AR” may be on to something with Celiac Disease. My wife started suffering from bad migraines about four years ago. Going from doctor to doctor, we didn’t know what it was or how to treat it. Finally, after being diagnosed with a gluten intolerance and altering her diet, she’s now doing much better! Unfortunately, it means eliminating traditional breads, pizza, etc. from your diet, but you can still incorporate other grains such as quinoa or rice. There may be other food allergies involved as well, such as a fructose allergy/intolerance. We’re not quite there yet when it comes to figuring out entirely what’s ailing my wife, but we feel we’re much further along now than we once hoped we could be.

I would classify myself as a diehard Packer fan, but when I heard about this story today, I thought there might be something I could suggest to help given my wife’s experiences. I do hope that Harvin can find out what’s causing his headaches–there’s nothing worse than seeing a family member or friend suffer from something and you’re powerless to help them.

35. By Samantha on Aug 20, 2010 | Reply

I love the Vikings, hope they win win win this year!

36. By Don Burkholder on Aug 20, 2010 | Reply

My son had migraines so bad I don’t think he cared if he lived or died. It was back in high school, I believe it was from getting his head twisted in the pile after a tackle. He was given medication that didn’t really help, a CT scan that didn’t show anything, but still cost a bunch. We finally took him to our local chiropractor, where he was able to adjust his spine in his head. It took care of his migraines almost immediately. I can’t say this is mr. harvin’s problem. But it was twenty years ago, and I thank God for my son and my 4 grandkids.

37. By wilson bean on Aug 20, 2010 | Reply

Please Google Dr. Peter Goadsby at UCSF Headache Center. Our daughter is a top flight swimmer with serve status migranosus. After tons of research and several hospitals we found Dr. Goadsby and now life is getting better. Back in school and back in sports.

38. By Chris on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

I 100% agree with AR and Kyle. Percy probably has a gluten intolerance. Eliminate foods that have gluten and i bet the migraines go away.

Below is a video from Underground Wellness, a Youtube channel I follow that posts great videos on health related topics. Here is one on Migraines.

2. Aug 19, 2010: Percy Harvin Leaves Practice In Ambulance « Purple Pants, Green Jersey
  3. Aug 19, 2010: Top Posts — WordPress.com