Seven Vikings Out Tonight vs. Rams

Posted by Ryan Cardinal on August 14, 2010 – 5:37 pm

Here are the Vikings players who will not dress tonight vs. St. Louis:

QB Brett Favre, WR Percy Harvin, WR Sidney Rice, CB Cedric Griffin, LB J Leman, C John Sullivan, and TE Visanthe Shiancoe.

Posted in All | 23 Comments »

23 Responses to “Seven Vikings Out Tonight vs. Rams”

1. By Ah Man on Aug 14, 2010 | Reply

This is rediculous!

2. By fmfan on Aug 14, 2010 | Reply

looks like the Favre virus has hit the team…

3. By Vikings Fan on Aug 14, 2010 | Reply

Adrian Peterson is also out.

4. By Brian Fulkerson on Aug 14, 2010 | Reply

Why WOULD they play them… this is preseason game 1… who wants them to be at risk of injury knowing that this is the year we make a run at the superbowl

5. By Cory on Aug 14, 2010 | Reply

I would have sat an additional number of guys from the defence…Allen, both Williams boys, Winfield and EJ)

With three more pre season games lets look at our depth!!!!!

6. By Rosa on Aug 14, 2010 | Reply

Toby Gerhart is great and I think he’ll be a good secondary to AD but can anyone tell me why he drinks his own pee? I don’t mean to sound dumb or rude, I just find this very strange. It would be one thing if this was just a rumor flying around but since he was the one who said it, well it’s just strange. I can’t think of any benefits to drinking your own pee. Help me understand this.

7. By Morgan on Aug 14, 2010 | Reply

Why would our super stars play? They are running the show. Why wouldn’t you stay in MN and go to a Bday party or whatever they are doing and collect your check. Childress is only on staff to make excuses and cover for his own lack of discipline. The players will run the show and Chilly will make quotes like “I am a horsesay kind of guy”.

8. By lisa on Aug 14, 2010 | Reply

wow, use your head people… Why would you risk your starters, especially if they are already battling an injury. The purpose of these games are to give coaches insite as to who the second and third string will be. Morgan you don’t even make sense.. Wow!!

9. By robert on Aug 14, 2010 | Reply

Lisa is hitting the nail on the head. I could not agree more. Anyone who knows even a little about football knows that a team does not risk their best players in pre-season competition. Why is this even debateable?

10. By PurplePeopleEater on Aug 14, 2010 | Reply

Robert & Lisa – give these guys a break. A lot of people are just anxious for the season to start after getting so close last year. We all want to see if our superstars still have it in them after the beatings and injuries of last year, even if they were playing against the worst team in the NFL.

11. By Robin on Aug 14, 2010 | Reply

Thank you Coach for not playing all of our best players. Too many of the players get hurt in these preseason games. I hope they go to only 2 preseason games and 18 regular games. Sage was great tonight! Vikings did great!

12. By PurplePeopleEater on Aug 14, 2010 | Reply

Quit it! Sage Sucked! Any other team would have had 2 or 3 interceptions on him with all the underthrown pässes. Let’s not forget that there is a very good reason that the Rams got the #1 draft pick this year…

13. By Lance on Aug 14, 2010 | Reply

Hey, I am trying to get this to Favre before it is too late.

Also, What do you think?

14. By Derek on Aug 15, 2010 | Reply

Did T-Jack play at all last night?

15. By MiamiJer on Aug 15, 2010 | Reply

I hope Favre plays soon and doesn’t wait until the start of the regular season. If he is uncertain of himself due to the ankle, he should skip the game against New Orleans so that he doesn’t get knocked out of the game for good this time.

Too bad Brett didn’t spend some quality off-season time with his teammates!

16. By Pat the Viking on Aug 15, 2010 | Reply

After the first series of downs in the first pre-season game, I would have love to watch the rest of the game and see how’s our 2nd, 3rd and walk ons players played.

As for Sage from his stats – he is getting back maybe up to the speed of the NFL. I would have left T. Jackson in for the 1st half and Sage for the 2nd half.

Also, I would like to hear about Young, Gerhart or a RB getting over a 100 yards rushing and 2 or 3 TDs in the 2nd pre-season.

These Coaches needs to get some performance and production out of these 2nd, 3rd and walk on players in these pre-season games – who knows you might have to count on them before the season out.

17. By vike4life on Aug 15, 2010 | Reply

I am getting fed up with everyone obsessing over Favre. He is gonna be 41 years old next month. sure he had a good year last year, but after the beating he took in New Orleans last year he won’t be the same. If he really wanted to play he would have gotten the ankle surgery a long time ago. He wants to stay in Mississippi and coach high school lets let him. If he’s not 100% he is of no use to us.

18. By HuskerVikingFan on Aug 15, 2010 | Reply

If Favre is concerned about his ankle, he should be very concerned when playing against Ndamakung Suh of the Detroit Kitties. Suh is a monster on D. Ask Colt McCoy.

19. By HuskerVikingFan on Aug 15, 2010 | Reply

Please understand, I really want Brett Favre to come back for one more season. Maybe the coaches are considering splitting time at QB – Rosenfels’ arm and decisions didn’t look to bad for the first preseason game. How about what Webb was giving us a taste of for the future – wow! The way all the rookies looked last night was the best I have ever seen on one team. That speaks volumes as to what all the Viking coaches have done. I would not want to be Viking coach and have to choose who gets cut. Altogether, I think the Vikings are the complete package. They have the best coaches, the best offence, the best defence, special teams, chemistry, best fans.

20. By bass8 on Aug 16, 2010 | Reply

Does anyone, I mean Morgan, remember what happened a few years back to Tom Brady.? Preseason is exciting, gets us all ready for football but….it really should be a time when we get to see the non-starters. A time to give them a chance to show what they have

21. By bass8 on Aug 16, 2010 | Reply

Also about Brett… I am a huge fan and of course I want him to come back but, I NEVER want to see him get pounded again like he was in New Orleans. WIth the fumbling and the hits, it was hard to watch him crawl on the ground. And yet, as usual, get up to play again. I will miss him more than words but I NEVER WANT TO SEE HIM HURT LIKE THAT AGAIN…

22. By MnMarc on Aug 16, 2010 | Reply

Bring on the season!!!! i hope Brett does come back soon, and i would not mind if he does sit out vs the aints!!!! what is the word is the Willams wall out for 4 weeks?? and T-Jack should be the QB behind Sage! this is how i see it, i did not see the game, but he has been in the league longer and has more exp…… And get this one vikings fans they are picking the Packers to be better than the Vikings and the Aints!!! and go to the Bowl

2. Aug 14, 2010: Seven Vikings Out Tonight vs. Rams | Vikings Stop Blog