Food Network Looking For The Best Tailgaters in Minneapolis

Posted by Ryan Cardinal on July 26, 2010 – 3:31 pm

The Vikings and New Orleans Saints will renew their rivalry by kicking off the 2010 NFL season on Thursday, September 9 at Louisiana Superdome, as the Saints will celebrate their Super Bowl XLIV victory and the Vikings will try to exact revenge for a heartbreaking loss to the Saints in the NFC Championship Game.

But even before kickoff inside the Superdome, the Vikings and Saints rivalry will be rekindled thanks to a delicious competition created by Food Network’s Guy Fieri and the show Tailgate Warriors. Fieri, Page Productions and Food Network are searching for the best tailgaters in Minneapolis to go head-to-head in a cooking competition against a tailgate team from the New Orleans Saints, with the competition staged outside of the Superdome on September 9.

If you and your band of loyal, hungry fans think you are taking tailgating to the next level, and have what it takes to be crowned “Tailgate Warriors”, email tailgate@pageprod.com by July 28th with a brief bio about your team and an example menu (2 apps, 1 entrée, 2  sides, 1 dessert), along with a photo of your team and your rig and you could be representing your team on Food Network’s Tailgate Warriors! The team of four people should have culinary chops, colorful characters, team spirit, and, of course, an outrageous rig!

Posted in All | 14 Comments »

14 Responses to “Food Network Looking For The Best Tailgaters in Minneapolis”

1. By Kevin WI on Jul 26, 2010 | Reply

Don’t take the bet….you’ll lose. Nothing can compare to Cajun cooking and MN cooking doesn’t hold a candle.

2. By WILLIE BOONE on Jul 26, 2010 | Reply

RAISED IN THE TWINCITIES IN THE 70’s & 80’s …. BEEN TAILGATEING FOR YEARS FOR MY SQUAD THE VIKINGS H-TOWNZ BIGGEST FAN.. AND PLUS MY IN-LAWS ARE SAINTS FAN.. THERE HOME TOWN.. FEMABABIEZ BUT ANYWAYS I WOULD LUV TOO TAILGATE FOR MY HOMETOWN ST.PAUL.. FROGTOWN WHATZ UP,,,,,

3. By PuddinTaine on Jul 27, 2010 | Reply

I gotta get behind Kevin here in this one, Listen I grew up with it and don’t get me wrong I absolutely LOVE MN Winter Home Cooking and I would hurt a man for it if it came to it. But in a competition there is no way it’s beating an outdoor cajun cooking team, even if their cook has only one hand.

4. By PuddinTaine on Jul 27, 2010 | Reply

I mean really, Casseroles, Gulash and Potato’s VS Crawdad’s, Catfish and Cajun Wings!!??

5. By Matthew on Jul 27, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, I don’t think Minnesota could compete with New orleans in a food competition, especially if it’s from a back of an RV. Skol Vikings

6. By Arrowhead on Jul 27, 2010 | Reply

this is one i hope the vikings lose, best tailgating? cmon, worthless. really shows who is more redneck

7. By Arrowhead on Jul 27, 2010 | Reply

btw way i still love how saints fans are still coming on here. no lives anyone?

8. By kw on Jul 27, 2010 | Reply

plus who watches the food netgwork anyway, i hope the new orleans food dosnt have oil in it.

9. By Bob on Sep 9, 2010 | Reply

For all the Viking fans out there we all need to get together and vote for one of our own from Minnesota. Sean and Tania are in New Orleans with their Viking Bus to kick off the tailgating competition before the game. Make sure you vote so they can go to the finals in California!!!!

10. By kicking camps in california on Jan 18, 2011 | Reply

Hey!! Very attractive blog. Actually I am looking for some information regarding kicking camps in california.I am a student and would like to join this type of camp. So please help me and give some information regarding this.

11. By garcinia - Piece Maker Company on Jul 22, 2013 | Reply

What’s Happening i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve discovered It absolutely useful and it has aided me out loads. I hope to contribute & aid other users like its aided me. Good job.

12. By Sombreroni on Dec 20, 2013 | Reply

Wonderful goods from you, man. I’ve take note your stuff previous to and you’re simply extremely great. I really like what you’ve acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the best way during which you assert it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it sensible. I can not wait to read much more from you. That is really a wonderful website.

13. By massage venice fl on Apr 13, 2014 | Reply

Great work! That is the type of information that are supposed to be shared around the internet.
    Disgrace on Google for not positioning this submit upper!
    Come on over and seek advice from my website .

2. Jul 27, 2010: Food Network Looking For The Best Tailgaters in Minneapolis | Vikings Stop Blog