Submit Your Monday Morning Mailbag Questions

Posted by Mike Wobschall on July 23, 2010 – 6:13 am

The last offseason edition of the Monday Morning Mailbag will appear on vikings.com next week, so don’t forget to submit your comments/questions.

To submit, send an email to me at wobschallm@vikings.nfl.net. Remember to include your name and town with each email.

We can’t post every comment/question, but I’ll respond to every question.

27 Responses to “Submit Your Monday Morning Mailbag Questions”

1. By Eugene Fichter on Jul 23, 2010 | Reply

I would like to know how close lineman pitt’s is to signing?

2. By Rogerthevikefan on Jul 23, 2010 | Reply

Who has the best chance of makeing the team as the 3rd rb?

3. By Tom on Jul 23, 2010 | Reply

Eugene, it was reported that the vikes will not sign Pitts.

4. By Vikesfan#1 on Jul 23, 2010 | Reply

Why don’t we trade for logan mankins in new England? Brady needs a quality backup maybe we trade Sage?

5. By Vikesfan#1 on Jul 23, 2010 | Reply

I’m betting on moats or Ian johnson

6. By Rogerthevikefan on Jul 23, 2010 | Reply

Who is the most likely to be the other 2-3 wrs? How is jaymar johnson progressing? Who will be the pr guy?

7. By Cory on Jul 23, 2010 | Reply

I would really like the Vikings to look at A Haynesworth and L Mankins. Haynesworth is feasible for a 2nd or 3rd round pick with 3 yrs for 15 left on his deal. Mankins would cost us much more to acquire, and something along the lines of 7 for 50 contract wise.

Our Oline is an issue though, they strugled picking up the blitz. McKinnie resembled a turnstile last season…Ask AP about the run blocking or lack thereof….

8. By Carl K on Jul 24, 2010 | Reply

I think Gerhart will emerge as the #2 RB. Moats, Reynaud, Young and Johnson will battle for #3. If Gerhart and Reyaund struggle in preseason, we will need Moat’s leadership presence to help develope our young guys. I see Moats as insurance/ not as a long term solution. Reynuad could be our “Brian Westbrook” type back. Unless someone can beat him out of his punt return job (and he is a good NFL punt returner), he is a lock to make this team at RB or WR. I am really looking forward to seeing what Reynuad can do at RB. If Moats is better.. than I think Reynaud moves back to WR. I don’t see how Young or Johnson can make this team. I think they are fighting for a practice squad position or to get a look from another team. It is too early to tell what roll Moats will have. He could be #2 behind AP or he could be #4 and possibly get cut. Cutting our roster down to 52 will be a very hard job. Remember, we added an extra kicker, so that willl also take away a roaster spot.

9. By Carl K on Jul 24, 2010 | Reply

If Joe Webb and Reynaud make this team at their current postions… the Vikings may not need to keep as many WRs on the roster because of their (Webb/Reynaud) versatility to play WR. By cutting back on the number of WRs on the roster, you could free up a postion or two to use somewhere else (freeagent OL, kicker). Mike, would you agree that the WR postion battle could become extremely competitive? How many wideouts do you think the Vikings will keep this year?

10. By FAVRE4EVER on Jul 24, 2010 | Reply

We sign Mankins and Favre wont be so hesitant to sign. He took way too many hits for any QB. Get a deal done for Mankins and Favre is even at training camp. Show him and us that this is the year. Come on Chilly!!!!!!!I’d even take TO and Westbrook if it meant helping us get to the show.What do you think Mike?

11. By Okiewan on Jul 24, 2010 | Reply

why is veryone so high on jackson? He can’t pass, or run or call plays yet we keep giving him millions each year?Why did we not take colt or another fab Q.B and dump this guy? even i at sixty six could go in hand off a few times and I would only cost $1.00 for the same results…….

12. By kyle on Jul 24, 2010 | Reply

I think we all know Favres comeing back this year,i would like to know if tarvaris is making any progress on his accuracy and his leadership abilities, and could Joe Webb beat out Sage Sosenfels as the #3 Quarterback back position? I think Sage Rosenfels was the biggest waste of draft picks and money I THINK………..

13. By arthurwayne on Jul 24, 2010 | Reply

Okiewan, TJack out played Sage last year. Jackson was looking very good until he hurt his ankle in preseason. I am not sure if Chilly would have made that last final attempt to bring in Favre if Jackson would have stayed healthly. Jackson just needs to have fun and be tougher – who better to learn from than Favre. By the way, he makes less than a million a year.

14. By Dustin on Jul 24, 2010 | Reply

With the additional of Rhys Lloyd, could we see 3 kickers each working on their own specialty(kickoffs, punting, field goals) or will we cut one of the kickers down to a total of 2?

15. By Dustin on Jul 24, 2010 | Reply

With the additional of Rhys Lloyd, could we see 3 kickers each working on their own specialty(kickoffs, punting, field goals) in the regular season or will we cut one of the kickers down to a total of 2?

16. By mike nierman on Jul 25, 2010 | Reply

what has Peterson and the vikings done to address the fumbling?

17. By Tom on Jul 25, 2010 | Reply

arthurwayne, TJ is not a good QB. If Favre does not return and TJ is our QB, at best the vikes will be one and done in the playoffs.

18. By Tom on Jul 25, 2010 | Reply

arthurwayne, TJ will make 1.176 mil in 2010

19. By arthurwayne on Jul 25, 2010 | Reply

TJ is a good QB. Payton Manning was once a 1 and done playoff QB. The monkey came off his back. Give TJack one more chance (after Favre) to shake that monkey off.

20. By Rogerthevikefan on Jul 25, 2010 | Reply

How close are cris cook and tobey gerhart to signimg there contracts

21. By fmfan on Jul 25, 2010 | Reply

if Favre retires is there a QB in F.A. that you think is better than Tarvaris or Sage that the Vikings might pick up? I do not think there is but would like your thought.

22. By arthurwayne on Jul 25, 2010 | Reply

Tom, $540,330 was what Tjack made in 2009. So, 2010 will be his first year (and might be the last) to hit 1 million per year. The Vikings do not have millions per year invested in this kid. Jackson has made slow progressive improvement and has better career numbers than Matt Leinart. I am not a big Tjack fan – but I don’t think it is fair to trash the kid either.

23. By Chance on Jul 25, 2010 | Reply

Do you think Antoine Winfield is in the top 5 for best tackling corners? I think a lot of people underestimate how good he is at tackling. It’s probably because of his size.

24. By Joesmooth on Jul 25, 2010 | Reply

I think that TJ has not been allowed to play to his strength. I believe he plays better when we run a spread style offense. I recall back in 2006 when we were playing the broncos we were down 19-3 and TJ brought us back even though we lost in OT. We can’t give up on him because after Brett he is the best option we have unless Sage steps up. He clearly out played Sage last year. I don’t get on TJ because this was Childress’s pick.

25. By Rogerthevikefan on Jul 25, 2010 | Reply

Winfield is the best tackleing corner in the game and probly the best ever. With his foot fully healed he will be back with a vengance.

26. By Tom on Jul 26, 2010 | Reply

arthurwayne, not trashing TJ, I rooted for him when he played, I just don’t think he has “IT”. As for pay, I was just forwarding info. GO VIKES!

2. Jul 27, 2010: Submit Your Monday Morning Mailbag Questions | Vikings Stop Blog