Report: Favre’s Surgery “Went Fine,” Still Undecided On Future

Posted by Ryan Cardinal on June 16, 2010 – 2:17 pm

According to a report by the Associated Press, the recent surgery that Vikings QB Brett Favre had on his left ankle was a success, but the veteran QB has still not decided whether or not he’ll return to the Vikings in 2010 or beyond.

“It went fine,” Dr. James Andrews, the physician that performed the surgery last month, said to the AP after speaking at the Charlotte Touchdown Club luncheon. “He’s rehabbing and trying to decide what he’s going to do. I talked to him yesterday.

“We’ve got a few more weeks of rehabbing.  I think he hasn’t decided yet what he wants to do.”

Favre is under contract for the 2010 season with the Vikings, and of course is coming off one of his best seasons as a pro.  He threw for over 4,200 yards, 33 touchdowns, and just seven interceptions.  He also posted a quarterback rating of 107.2, the highest of his 19 years as a pro.

Posted in All | 103 Comments »

103 Responses to “Report: Favre’s Surgery “Went Fine,” Still Undecided On Future”

1. By WTF on Jun 16, 2010 | Reply

Seriously? This qualifies as news worthy?? “[This just in!! Favre still has not decided on what he is going to do! We knew that we were going to wait until the very end of training camp until he actually says yes, and his own doctor just now confirmed that this fact has, without a doubt, not changed!!!!! Who would have guessed?]”

Come on guys, let’s get real here and focus points of interest such as rookie signings, roster moves, updates on injured players, how new members are fitting in with the system, news on any outstanding lawsuits, or simply just interviews with current players. There’s so many things of note that could be said in here, that posting something that is as painfully obvious as this thread is just plain laziness.

2. By Joe on Jun 16, 2010 | Reply

Then why don’t you run the website. Cmon man, if you don’t care then why are u wasting your time commenting on it. Get a life!

3. By Joe on Jun 16, 2010 | Reply

Sorry Mike, what he meant to say was “thank you so much for keeping us updated. I really appreciate it”

4. By dusty on Jun 16, 2010 | Reply

and thank you joe for putting mr wtf in his place.

5. By meswant on Jun 16, 2010 | Reply

thank you joe.

6. By WTF on Jun 16, 2010 | Reply

Joe, your comment is extremely hypocritical. Your question “if you don’t care then why are u wasting your time commenting on it” is a question you should have asked yourself first. If you don’t care for what I am saying then why comment about it? Because it bothers you and you want to speak up about it! You have every right to post your opinion as I have every right to post mine. And I think that money is being wasted if any reporter is telling his readers what they already know rather than putting in the effort to study up and find new, interesting information to present to the public.

And, if I could run the website, I would put much more effort into gathering pertinent information on things, and not in an effort to simply create as many posts as possible. But I first would need to be given the rights to modify the site, and media privilages to the team. If you can pass those over my way, please do, if not then don’t suggest something that is not within your power or mine.

7. By WTF on Jun 16, 2010 | Reply

One more thing, I’m sure you wouldn’t care for me putting lies into your mouth, so I would appreciate it if you extend the same courtesy to me.

8. By WTF on Jun 16, 2010 | Reply

**Also, it sounds as if you enjoy kissing Mike’s behind, but there is no need to here. If you’ll look closely, this thread was created by the new guy who from what I’ve seen, to date, has not posted anything that has been newsworthy.

9. By Arrowhead on Jun 16, 2010 | Reply

wow, need a life much wtf?

10. By sodak on Jun 16, 2010 | Reply

I agree with WTF, an intellectual comment is more post-worthy than the ordinary Favre tribute, although the latter still have their place. WTF could tone down the aggressiveness toward fellow vikings’ fans – but admittedly, his initial comment does have some weight in such that this blog is not worth the expense of its posting.

11. By Kelley on Jun 16, 2010 | Reply

I don’t care how many posts there are on whether or not Brett is coming back. There could be a post everyday that he is still undecided, some of us fans still want to know. And by the way….it is not just this website that is reporting this information, the NFL network is also reporting the same story. So obviously, there are those of us that feel this story is very news worthy. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, be please don’t disrespect those of us who want to here every moment until Favre makes his decision!

12. By David on Jun 16, 2010 | Reply

I agree with kelley so lets just sit back and enjoy the attention that the vikings are getting in the news weather on espn or where ever its fun and Brett is making it fun so lets just enjoy thr moment and get ready for the season so come on Brett and take this team to the big game and win it all

13. By Rob on Jun 16, 2010 | Reply

WTF, very thought out statements. Not that I agree with you, but very thought out. I believe the point of the article was not to tell us that Brett hasn’t made up his mind yet, but to give us a update on how the surgery went. Also, how his rehab is progressing.

14. By Joe on Jun 16, 2010 | Reply

Cmon people, I didnt mean it that harshly. WTF, Im sorry if I offended you that much, Mike just puts a lot of time into this website. I never said you didnt have the right to express your opinion, I just didnt agree with what you. Anyway, I agree entirely with Rob. No hard feelings.

15. By yeah on Jun 16, 2010 | Reply

to WTF

this is the first favre update i have seen in weeks if not months. why the complaing

16. By Tiffany on Jun 16, 2010 | Reply

To Mr.WTF, you are an idiot. Really? The STAR qb and his decision on his future is not a point of interest? You must not be a Viking fan, because although their success was not ALL him, he had a pretty HUGE role in it, and as a Viking fan and loyal Favre fan, I always want to hear what is going on with him and his status. You don’t get any more “pertinent” than Brett! Thank God his surgery went good, and I cannot wait to hear those three sweet words–“HE’S COMING BACK!!!”

17. By David on Jun 16, 2010 | Reply

Tiffany you can bank on it that Brett is comming back when Brett had the surgery that told me we will see him this season GO VIKINGS

18. By David on Jun 16, 2010 | Reply

oH BY THE WAY THE SURGERY WENT WELL WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK THAT MEANS ITS NOT HARD TO FIGURE IT OUT

19. By Lance on Jun 16, 2010 | Reply

I think it would be kinda fun for everybody to guess which day Brett will publicly anounce his decision. I say July 27th will be the day. That’s my birthday and would be an awesome present!

20. By bshep on Jun 17, 2010 | Reply

WTF; kid, grow up a little. Understand that you are posting this to fellow vikings fans AND that there are some people who do not read these vikings blogs everyday as you apparently do. Either way these are ‘blog’ articles which usually implies the amount of funding on the article is minimal, compared to the AP articles on vikings.com. Everyone in this country knowns that Brett Favre’s decision is most definitely STILL one of the biggest issues this offseason for the vikings and it really makes no sense that you would criticize the fact that there is is blog post on it. If you think you have the skill to replace or override the current blogs with your intellectual skills and knowledge of the vkings, needless to say football, please do so.

21. By FloridaFan on Jun 17, 2010 | Reply

wow even his doctor uses him to get his name in the paper. Dr Andrews comments on a patient under his care are unethicial. I guess doctor/patient confidentiality doesn’t apply when the patient is Brett.

22. By Markq on Jun 17, 2010 | Reply

GO GET Albert Haynesworth please

23. By secondnature815 on Jun 17, 2010 | Reply

I think it’a an alien conspiracy. I mean really? Who uses a handle known as “WTF”? Perhaps a little Green (Bay) man is trying to distract us die hard VIKINGS fans by creating a diversion. Well, it won’t work! Neither will your vulcan mind tricks! Brett is a VIKING now and you should be afraid little green man!!!

24. By FAVRE4EVER on Jun 17, 2010 | Reply

Secondnature815, that was some funny stuff and Tiffany is a sweetheart. Bottom line is it has been awhile since we heard any reports from Favre Camp. This tells me along with his surgery that he’ll be back. He’s just making sure the ankle is 100%. Besides, at this stage we all know the silver fox does’nt need mini-camp. What ever the off-season workouts are for him they work. HE”S COMING BACK!!!!! And one more thing, Vikes need to pick up marshawn lynch, not the million dollar baby( Haynesworth).

25. By 4Favre on Jun 17, 2010 | Reply

Haynesworth is not the answer either! I think he is just an over paid baby, who thinks he is special and more of a distraction than any thing, SO PLEASE DON’T BRING HIM IN! Look what he has done to the Skins, taking $21 Million then not showing up for minicamp…it would only be a matter of time and we would be having troubles with him as well…

26. By FAVRE4EVER on Jun 17, 2010 | Reply

No seriously, i was glad we picked up Moats. WE needed that veteran back behind peterson and i’m picking Moats up along with Favre and our defense in fantasy. Superbowl baby!!!!!

27. By purplehorn on Jun 17, 2010 | Reply

Haynesworth is a great ballplayer in the wrong system. If the Vikings brought him in it would take the incentive away from Kennedy, Evans, and Guion to compete, because it pushes them back a position on the depth chart or gets them cut. So you pay big money and lose your developing guys. Kennedy and Evans may not be Albert Haynesworth, but they also play above average ball.Guion is a work in progress.

28. By FAVRE4EVER on Jun 17, 2010 | Reply

Still think vikings could afford to pick up otagwe from rams before seattle snags him. Say what you will but bottom line is the guy creates turnovers. Go FAVRE!!!

29. By David on Jun 17, 2010 | Reply

hi everybody i think secondnatural815 is on to something maybe we do have a liottle green man in here lol anywaqy i agree with with all you but my main concern is still the safty issue we can put up the points we can stop the run its the passing deffense that worries me alittle would have like to have gotten that safty that the rams released oh well hopefully coach knows his team better than me

30. By mnsoldier on Jun 17, 2010 | Reply

I know this is not topic related, however; I would like to know who has the rights to all the old footage of games, is it the NFL or NFL Fims which is not the same. I ask this out of interest in getting uncut games from the past. Much like having full seasons of TV shows why not put full seasons on DVDs so fans can go back and watch the great games in full. I know it would have been a great distraction during My multiple deployments. I dont think it would be too difficult and could be either single games like buying music via downloads. Is it in the works??

31. By mnsoldier on Jun 17, 2010 | Reply

Favre needing or not needing camp is not the issue, he said it himself it takes time to get into sync with the new guys for hand offs and passing as each runs route a bit different. Also building chemistry is huge. I never liked getting new guys before deployments as it is a rush to get them weapon qualified and into the daily daily. So if Favre is coming back or staying home we need him to fess up like a big boy and not be needy drama love me love me I dont know what dress to wear girl he is being.

32. By bass8 on Jun 17, 2010 | Reply

Seriously WTF, I have a feeling maybe you are a Packer fan pretending to be a Viking fan…Us TRUE VIKINGS FANS KNOW THAT SOME THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR…..BRETT FAVRE BEING THE #1 IN THAT CATEGORY. Also, if it bothers you so much, don’t read the Brett Favre stuff. The heading clearly mentioned his name and there are oh so many of us who truly watch for articles on him. So, WTF, you can go back and report to your fellow Packer fans that THERE ARE A LOT OF VIKINGS FANS THAT KNOW SOME THINGS ARE DEFINITLY WORTH WAITING FOR…AND #4 IS…

33. By bass8 on Jun 17, 2010 | Reply

Also WTF the guy just had his 2nd surgery in as many years and is still able to play after the beating he took so many times….So he has earned the right to wait ALSO seems to me it is a-holes like you that would be the first to complain if he came back and struggled because of his lack of rehab….GO AWAY PACKER FAN AND GO KISS TED’S BUTT

34. By David on Jun 17, 2010 | Reply

mnsoldier to the piont brett did not know the team at all last year and look what he did he will be fine and again as i said earlier HE IS COMMING BACK DONT WORRIR and he will take good care of this offense and also this time it his team he knows the players and they know him now and i believe the vikings know hes comming back thier just keeping it quit and as long as the team knows whats going on with Brett thats all that matters

35. By Bart on Jun 17, 2010 | Reply

Those who say that Brett won’t decide until the end of training camp haven’t been paying attention to his career. Any time that he was under contract to a team, he was always been there for the first day of camp in August (that includes the year that he was traded to the Jets). He did miss a couple of days for travel when traded by the Packers to the Jets, but he was in the Packer camp the day training camp started. Last year, he missed alittle time with the Vikes, but he wasn’t signed at the time. If he’s coming back, he’ll be there when camp starts.

36. By David on Jun 17, 2010 | Reply

connect the dots HE IS COMMING BACK WHY DO YPU THINK VIKES DID NOT GET A QB THIS YEAR AND THEY HAD LOTS OF CHANCES McCNABB THE DRAFT ALSO BRETT HAD SURGERY COME ON PEOPLE UNLESS THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE NOT SURE ARE LITTLE GREEN MEN WANTING TO BE VIKING FANS DEEP DOWN INSIDE BECAUSE YOU KNOW WE HAVE A AWSOME TEAM AND BRETT MAKES US THE TEAM TO BEAT IN NORTH HECK MAYBE THE NFC PERIOD

37. By WTF on Jun 17, 2010 | Reply

Wow, it really seems like the intent of my message(s) has been completely missed by some of you. I am in no way complaining that Brett is taking his time, and I am definitely not some little green man pretending to be a Viking fan. The problem that I am having is that these Brett “updates” are looking like some cheap SNL Skit. They continuously hand us a title to make it sound like BREAKING NEWS just to remind us that the situation hasn’t changed. I’m all for Brett coming back, and like most NFL fans I have almost no doubt that he will return.

38. By skol-vikes on Jun 17, 2010 | Reply

wtf your point has been well recieved i think. But as you can tell from all the posts. whats not news worthy to some, is to others. Brett is a great QB, one of the best of all time. I enjoyed watching him in greenbay even tho i hated him at the time. Wishing he was a Viking now that he is i love the guy. Maybe even more than my favorite viking QB of all time…..Tommy Kramer. lol i loved that drunk basterd. Brett will be back, but i’m watching for the vikings to trade up in the draft next year for a top QB pick. SKOL VIKES!!!

39. By Tom on Jun 17, 2010 | Reply

BASS8, you know you can get brewed de-caff now!

40. By Tom on Jun 17, 2010 | Reply

MNSOLDIER, i’m worried about the pass D too! As for Favre, don’t worry, he’s comming back.

41. By David on Jun 17, 2010 | Reply

WELL MR WTF GLAD TO HERE THAT YOUR NOT SOME LITTLE GREEN MAN LOL

42. By carl k on Jun 17, 2010 | Reply

WFT. This is where I come to get my Viking news… rookie signings, roaster moves, injury updates and interviews. I get it here. Keep up the good work Mike.

43. By paul on Jun 17, 2010 | Reply

One and done!

44. By fmfan on Jun 18, 2010 | Reply

Favre is done. After the aints game he said he was done then last month he told the southern miss. baseball team that if they made it to the CWS he would play another year. Well they didn’t so he won’t either. Lance I think on July 29 Favre will announce his retirement again…

45. By WTF on Jun 18, 2010 | Reply

fmfan – sounds like some pretty weak logic you have there. After the 2007-08 season Favre said he was done, with retirement. After the 2008-09 season Favre again said he was done, by retiring. In both cases he came back! So EVEN IF Favre said that he WOULD NOT come back if the team lost, that wouldn’t even be as believable of a message as a third retirement, which hasn’t happened. I think that he made the statement you are referring to for 2 reasons: First, to encourage the team to go as far as they can, and Secondly to create a (somewhat foolish) way to force himself to play another year. Of course this second reason can’t happen now because the team didn’t make it, so he just needs to find some other foolish argument to force himself back into the game he loves to play. It’s just like any other addiction, you’ll create any argument you can fathom to convince yourself not to quit.

46. By displaced on Jun 18, 2010 | Reply

I agree with Theisman when he called Haynesworth “classless and selfish”. Haynesworth does not deserve a spot on our team and I believe he would turn into our very own T.O. and I hope the front office feels the same way.

47. By displaced on Jun 18, 2010 | Reply

We all know that Favre will be back at least for 1 more year. He is too competetive to let that Saints game slide knowing it was the last minute interception that sealed it for them. If Favre can still run, he will play. Especially knowing the first game of the year is his chance for redemption.

48. By FAVRE4EVER on Jun 18, 2010 | Reply

Honestly, i think haynseworth wants what every player out there wants. To be on a championship team. I think if we can pick him up for a third round, we should go for it . The guys an animal and once he gets a taste of winning, he’ll be on board. If i was stuck in washington, i’d be unhappy too. Haysneworth and atagwe would prove the vikings are serious about winning now. Go get em baby!!!!!GO FAVRE!!

49. By bilboMD on Jun 18, 2010 | Reply

Sorry Farve4ever… Haynseworth isn’t worth the time thinking about him. I live in DC and tho never have been (nor will be) a redskins fan, I feel sorry for them now. A rogue like that doesn’t have a place on a ‘team’. If i were them I would bench him and never trade him. If he doesn’t want to play, so be it.

And I am hoping Farve comes back for some ‘unfinished business’. As upset as I was last year that he took so long to sign and I was worried that he would not mesh with the team well becasue of it, he really came around and was the cornerstone they needed.

And i am all for hearing all the things going on with the team – not just ‘Farve watch’. :)

50. By David on Jun 18, 2010 | Reply

I think i have to agree with FARVE4EVER LETS GET BOTH THOSE PLAYERS AND DOMINATE THE WHOLE NFL NO ONE WOULD STOP THAT TEAM GO VIKIMGS DO GO GET THEM

51. By me on Jun 18, 2010 | Reply

hayneworth is a waste of time and a position to me. yes he is a great player, but he rarely plays to his full potential, and that’s if he isn’t upset and actually steps on to the field. it would be nice to have that back up with the williams issue, but kennedy did nice coming in off the bench, and i’d just stick with what we have on the line.

52. By MIke B on Jun 18, 2010 | Reply

From what I am reading on Haynesworth is not good, but Childress has a way fo working with or weeding out problem personel. I am sure if the Vikings accepted a trade for Haynesworth, he would not be the problem he is with the Redskins. A change in venue can do wonders for some people.

53. By MIke B on Jun 18, 2010 | Reply

On the Farve news and is it newsworthy. It’s tough to find a good story during the off season and any Farve story becomes newsworthy. Everyone is waiting for the decision. I think the sportcasters and Farve enjoy the hype on waiting for what will happen next. Welcome to Farve Watch 2010. Go Vikings.

54. By Bobby k on Jun 19, 2010 | Reply

well we all know brett farve is coming back so we shouldnt even talk about it until hesays we can! im not sure why chester taylor and hoppefully moat and gerhart can catch the ball !!!

55. By Bobby k on Jun 19, 2010 | Reply

maybe bret is waiting to GET A NICE BIG CONTRACT THAT HE DESERVES LIKE 60 MILLION FOR 3 YEARS

56. By Susan from Wis. on Jun 19, 2010 | Reply

Hey, I’ll take all the crumbs I can get … I need my daily Favre Fix!

I hope all you bloggers are safe and sound, after the awful weather you had on Thursday. I wasn’t sure how close the tornadoes got to the Viking facilities, but it looked like some really ferocious storms, from what I saw on TV!

On a much lighter note, and not related to the above subject … I saw Jared A. on Vikings Weekly tonight, and I was thinking: “Wouldn’t you just love to see him grow his hair out (now that the honeymoon is over!) so it’s as long as Mark Gastineau’s was?” (Jets, mid 1980s.) It reminded me of a lions’ mane at times!

Like most of you, I’m hoping that #4 comes back and helps the Vikings get that elusive Lombardi Trophy. I’m expecting a very exciting season! Go, Vikes!!

57. By CA Norwegian on Jun 19, 2010 | Reply

WTF – Who identifies themself with a profane acrinym? Last year he was talked about too much. He got into the Mic and blabbed too much. Jummy Johnson was even mocking him on Fox. This year lets hope things will be different. The awkward silence and situation cannot be dealt with like most subjects. His magic didn’t get us home last year. I think the FIX is in. We should not be fighting league decisions in court.

The Williams’ should serve their suspensions, it will make them fresher in the Playoffs when it counts, and it should make the REFS a little kinder to us. The NFL players are fighting us on the field, The NFL league is fighting us in courts and making us pay through the REFS!!! Remember the tripping call that turned away our undefeated season? Remember the critical horrible calls in the Championship game? I don’t see us creaming anyone in the last games this year, so the the league (and its refs) should be reconciled and have no ongoing dispute with the Vikings organization. No matter who is right or wrong,

58. By FAVRE4EVER on Jun 19, 2010 | Reply

Sorry Bobby K, but if your hoping for Chester vTaylor to catch the ball this year you need to find another sight cause you just became a Bears fan.AS far as Haynesworth he is being told he has to play nosetackle where he will be double teamed on every play because nobody can stop him one on one. I,d be upset to. Bring the guy into a superbowl contender like us and you will see a humbler Haynesworth. It took the Packers picking up Reggie White to get them over the hump. Stack up with him and atagwe and lets not put the hopes of unproven players on the backburner. Higher compitition would raise the play of everyone around those two. Getrdone!!!!!

59. By Robin Snyder on Jun 19, 2010 | Reply

I believe Brett will be back because he is at his best right now and has the best team he has ever had. Brett and his team had a blast last year. It was so much fun to watch! I do love hearing anything about Brett, so please keep it coming! I look for Brett news every day! We love Brett and his fellow Vikings!

60. By David on Jun 19, 2010 | Reply

hey farve4ever I agree with you get those 2 players in everybody stays healthy and Brett comes back and I know he is no one and i mean no would be able to handle this team we would be strong in every area. SUSAN FROM WIS. EVEN KNOW I GREW UP IN SYRACSE N.Y. I NEVER THOUGHT THAT ANYONE FROM WIS. WOULD BE A VIKING FAN LOL HOPE YOUR SAFE THERE LOL.

61. By Bobby k on Jun 19, 2010 | Reply

ive been a VIKING FAN SINCE 1975 WHEN FRAN TARKENTON WAS THE QB! IF THE VIKINGS WANT A SHOT AT WINNING ONE THEY SHOULD OFFER BRETT AS MUCH MONEY AS HE WANTS AND AT LEAST 3 YRS TO TRY ! AGE DOESNT MATTER AS LONG AS HE CAN TROW I THINK HE COULD , NO I K OW HE COULD PLAY UNTIL 45! HE MIGHT HAVE TO TAKE EXTRA PAIN MEDICINCE TOI DO IT!!

62. By Joe L. on Jun 19, 2010 | Reply

I hope he plays again and the Packers beat his @$$ twice. Godd luck with your pipe dream on winning a Super Bowl again.

63. By Kate on Jun 19, 2010 | Reply

Joe L: When;s the last time the Packers won the Super Bowl?…Oh that;s right, 1996, with MVP Brett Favre! Sounds like your’e still angry the Vikings kicked the Packers rearends TWICE last year!

64. By CA Norwegian on Jun 19, 2010 | Reply

Cheeseheads give me indigestion. I hope we do not have to endure more cowboy incursions here either, their fans were the worst… It’s ke they were from a whole nother country. Hey all you bears fans go outside Yellowstone to catch the real Bears action, and you Lions ought to know your on the wrong continent, at least in this… ( is it Age, Era, or Epoch? ) OK I know your thinking the new stadium will be on the Norse homeland? Could a refitting work for instead?

65. By David on Jun 19, 2010 | Reply

HEY JOE L ARE YOU A LITTLE GREEN MZN WITH A BROKEN HAERT BECAUSE YOU GOT YOUR @SS KICK TWICE LAST YEAR POOR BABY SOME ONE BETTER CALL 911 FOR JOE L

66. By David on Jun 19, 2010 | Reply

I THINK JOE L IS LOST CALL 911 HE NEEDS HELP

67. By Joe L. on Jun 19, 2010 | Reply

ZERO Super Bowl wins, and the tradition continues!! GOOD LUCK TO THE RINGLESS TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO FUN TO WATCH THE SAINTS KICK YOUR @$$ IN THE NFC CHAMPIONSHIP. IT KIND OF REMINDED ME OF THE FALCONS GAME A FEW YEARS BACK!! MORE VIKING FAILURE TO COME!! I LOVE IT!!!

68. By Pat the Viking on Jun 19, 2010 | Reply

Brett will be back this year and he’ll be better than ever. He might even want to play 3 or 4 more years when, He and the rest of the team decides that they want to be SB champs for the NEXT 3 to 4 years.

Now is the TIME that MN Vikings can BUILD the Biggest and the BEST Dynasty in the HISTORY of the NFL.

69. By paul on Jun 19, 2010 | Reply

KATE, Thank goodness G.B. had the likes of Desmond Howard and Reggie White back in 1996.

70. By David on Jun 19, 2010 | Reply

to joe l the little green yellow man the saints did not kick our butts we dominated that game look up your ststs we just had to many turn overs we beat our selfs and by the way what did cheese boys do

71. By David on Jun 19, 2010 | Reply

WILLSOME ONE PLEASE GET JOE L SOME HELP HE IS RUNNING A FEVER AND IS LOST PLEASE CALL 911 AND GET HIM A DOCTOR HE HE HAS TO HANG OUT WITH US VIKING FANS CAUSE HIS CHEESE PAKERS ARE BORING THERS NOTHING IN CHEESE LAND TGO KEEP HIM BUSY SO HE NEEDS TO HANG OUT WITH US SO HE CAN TALK FOOTBALL SOMETHING THE CHEESE BOYS FORGOT HOW TO PLAY

72. By David on Jun 19, 2010 | Reply

HEY JOE L ITS KIND OF SAD THAT A 40 YEAR OLD MAN KICK YOUR TEAMS BUTT TWICE AND AS LONG AS HE BEATS YOUR TEAM UP THATS ALL THAT MATTERS

73. By JIm on Jun 19, 2010 | Reply

Why is there so much fuss about the greatest ever QB coming back? Are you scared?

74. By fmfan on Jun 19, 2010 | Reply

Jim I didn’t know that Joe Montana is coming back…

75. By fmfan on Jun 20, 2010 | Reply

Joe L. is just remembering the last game Favre played for the packers. It was the NFC championship game when he had 2 ints and cost them the game (just like last year for us).

76. By dave on Jun 20, 2010 | Reply

GO VIKS !!!!!!

77. By David on Jun 20, 2010 | Reply

FMFAN JOE L IS NOT A VIKING HE IS A CHEESE HEAD THATS IN MORNING OVER THE THE LOSS OF BRETT SO HE HAS TO JUMP ON THR SAINTS BAND WAGON TO HELP HIM RELIEVE HIS PAIN OF GETTING HIS

HEY FMFAN JOE L IS NOT A VIKING HE IS A CHEESE HEAD

78. By David on Jun 20, 2010 | Reply

HEY FMFAN,JOE L IS NOT A VIKING HE IS A CHEESE HEAD IN MORNING OVER THE LOSS OF HIS BELOVED QB FARVE,SO HE HAS TO JUMP ON THE SAINTS BAND WAGON TO JUSTIFY GETTING HISS TEAMS @SS KICK TWICE LAST YEAR LOL ALSO BRETT DIDNOT LOSE THAT GAME LAST YEAR THE TEAM DID IF YOU REMEMBER COMMING OUT OF A TIME OUT WE HAD 12 MEN ON THE FIELD WHICH TOOK US OUT OF FIELD GOAL RANGE, SO TO PUT THAT LOSS ON ONE MAN IS NOT FAIR TO BRETT THE TEAM WINS TOGEATHER TEAM LOSES TOGETHER…….

79. By Pat the Viking on Jun 20, 2010 | Reply

Brett Favre, I think he has already decided to play again this year – cause he really didn’t have to have the surgery on his ankle now. If everything works out and he’s able to play, he will play again –

There are players that love and enjoy playing the game that they don’t want to quit UNTIL it is time. Until they can’t play or perform at the level.

If Brett leaves the game to soon – he will ALWAYS regret it. No one want this to happen.

Brett should be able to look back on his career and say ” Yes, I played at GB for some many years and only won SB – BUT, I played with the VIKINGS for 5 years and WON 4 SBs.

80. By Susan from Wis. on Jun 20, 2010 | Reply

To Pat the Viking:
    Lordy, do I EVER hope you’re right because, not only would this be terrific for the Vikings and their fans and Favre fans across America, it would stick in the craws of Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy for all eternity! I would die a happy woman!!

HAPPY FATHER’S DAY TO ALL YOU DADs OUT THERE (you, too, Brett!!!!)

81. By CA Norwegian on Jun 20, 2010 | Reply

Pat, I could only hope you’re right, but it sounds a little optimistic to me. I think all the defenses will have a Brettscope on their weaponry. I think if teams play dirty and hit late, the player responsible should be suspended as long as the recipient is out for…including retirement on their part. I think Toby is our best hope for 3 Rookie of the Year awards in a row. Whoever said he won’t do much, couldn’t be more wrong. Peterson is still the greatest, but the early bye means he should either willingly share the load, or will get dinged and give up the ball to another Viking. The RB stuffing was the regular season dissappointment. Chester gave us many new sets of downs against the odds. Whoever is carrying will have to do better on 1st & 2nd downs. I hope D’Imperio doesn’t get cut because if he chips that extra poundage will make a difference.

82. By Dale Francis on Jun 20, 2010 | Reply

Reguardless Brett comes back Iam very thankfull for the oppertunity to been able to watch him play as a Viking and have such an incrdible season.I have watched the vikings since the team first began,There has been alot of exciting seasons,but this last season really topped them all for me.They knocked on the door last season ,they’ll blow it away this season.Thanks for all the great memories.Watch out here we come.Go Vikes.

83. By Pat the Viking on Jun 20, 2010 | Reply

A Player hitting another player LATE trying to cause injury. Should be BANNED for LIFE from football ( NFL, minors & etc ). I’m talking about a LATE hit WITH INTENT to cause injury.

84. By Pat the Viking on Jun 20, 2010 | Reply

85. By David on Jun 20, 2010 | Reply

IJUST WANT TO TELL JOE L ONE MORE THING OF ALL THE GAMES LAST YEAR I ENJOYED BEATING THE CHEESE HEADS TWICE LAST YEAR THE MOST YOU KNOW WHY JOE L BECAUSE ITS FUN TO SEE THE LITTLE CHEESE PEOPLE CRY LIKE JOE L BUTT EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE ALRIGHT MY LITTLE CHEESE MAN BECAUSE WHEN BRETT IS REALLY READY TO RETIRE WILL GIVE HIM BACK TO YOU LOL GOOD NIGHT MY LITTLE GREEN YELLOW CHEESE HEAD AND KEEP DREAMING ABOUT THE PAST THATS ALL YOU GOT LEFT

86. By purple08 on Jun 20, 2010 | Reply

Let’s just hope Lord Farve stays retired. We wasted a full season with him and we need to move forward with T-Jack. Hopefully he learned a few things last year. Farve choked again last year and broke our hearts with yet another greedy, selfish play. He is too old to play a full season and will break our hearts again. How can you cheer for a career Packer? It is a joke. It would be like Derek Jeter playing for the Red Sox. Disgraceful Vikings fans. Shame on you. Grow a set of b alls and do whats right. Pray for him to retire. Please don’t bring up Longwell or Sharper either. It is not the same…not even close.

87. By purple08 on Jun 20, 2010 | Reply

Happy fathers day brett??? Gimme a friggin’ break lady! What are you close freinds or something? How Gay!

88. By CA Norwegian on Jun 20, 2010 | Reply

Purple08 are you a spy or something? Last year was not a waste! It had many highs. I can understand when you want to turn to the youth movement for this year or next, but Farve silenced the critics last year, and you have a completely different take on it. All the Fox guys were beating up on him, and most picked the Cheese to wear the crown. No, it will be better for him to come back, for the team and and the fans. I just do not think he will hold up as well, and the other QB’s will get opportunities. If he comes back, it will be worth the price of admission. When he does his talking on the field… I am all ears, but like he said if you don’t like all the press conferences, etc. then don’t listen.

89. By Susan from Wis. on Jun 20, 2010 | Reply

Purple08: I’ve been a Favre fan for over 18 years, so I apologize if my admiration and enthusiasm for #4, personally and professionally, offends you. I believe in the philosophy that the glass is half full, not half empty. Maybe if the Vikings win the Super Bowl this season, under Brett’s direction, you will understand the power of positive energy. Negative energy just makes people bitter and angry and gives them ulcers!

90. By a Brett Fan on Jun 21, 2010 | Reply

I’m happy to read anything about my favorite QB Brett. I’d like to know what their family eats for dinner. Lunch too.

91. By Tom on Jun 21, 2010 | Reply

08 just tries to get people going. Don’t let him upset you guys. He knows if TJ is the QB, the best we could hope for is one and done in the playoffs. I’ll bet he’s siting with his #4 jersey on while writing his posts.

92. By Arrowhead on Jun 21, 2010 | Reply

good one susan

93. By Daniel on Jun 21, 2010 | Reply

Shout out from the Viking fans in Hawaii. Skol VIKS Skol.

94. By Rick on Jun 21, 2010 | Reply

WTF is right. If everyone is so convinced Favre is coming back, and everyone DOES know he had the surgery if they are a Vikings fan, then quit wasting news on it.

95. By GOLDVIKE on Jun 22, 2010 | Reply

GO FARVE GO

96. By Bobby k on Jun 22, 2010 | Reply

i just heard if brett farve doesnt play they are going to get michael vick!!!! haha only kiddin! but you never know?!

97. By Bobby k on Jun 22, 2010 | Reply

I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT WHEN MY ROOMATES TEAM THE GREENBAY PACKERS LET FARVE GO I TOLD HIM HE WAS GOING TO THE VIKES! EVEN WHEN HE WAS ON THE JETS I STILL SAID HE WAS GOING TO THE VIKES!

98. By purple08 on Jun 23, 2010 | Reply

Ha Ha Tom! You nailed me! I always post on here and try to get people going, you are 100% right my friend. That aside, I am not kidding when I say that I have always been a Favre Hater. I was cheering for the Vikes to win last year but I just wish it could have been with someone else besides Favre. I can’t stand everyone refering to Favre as “Brett” like they are on a first name basis with him or something. I have a hard time jumping on the band wagon and cheering for a guy who I have hated for so long. The media doesn’t help either. “Favre Cam?”, “Favre Watch?” It’s enough to make me throw up. It takes away from all the other important areas of the football team/game that I want to hear about.We all know that the Vikes only got Favre so he could sell jerseys and improve ticket sales. It’s all about money with Favre. You’d think Vikes fans would support their team better but nope…bottom of the league in merchandise sales every year. Weak. People from Wisconsin have no business being on this website either. Anyway, I like to trash talk but everyone should know…it’s all in good fun! Up yours Brett! Go T-Jack!

99. By Tom on Jun 23, 2010 | Reply

08, everyone should realize it is all in good fun, we are all vikes fans! SKOL!

100. By Caligrl24 on Jun 23, 2010 | Reply

Lol! Sooo much drama. I die if Brett Farve does not come back for at least 1 more year…3 or 4 is like a wet dream! This Cali girl has loved her Vikings for 20+ years. How much did I love them last year when “Brett” entered the picture. I had a #4 tattooed on my @ss! You heard me…tattooed! So yes until I hear those magical words come from his lips, “Yes I am returning” I will wait in anticipation. To me it sounds like WTF has some pent up frustration and I think we all know how to handle that situation the best ;)

101. By Mark M. on Jun 23, 2010 | Reply

I agree with WTF: most of these posts are about nothing.

102. By Mark M. on Jun 23, 2010 | Reply

Caligirl24, I guess you could say it’s 4 below at your place. Sounds like Minnesota in January.

103. By Manda on Jun 23, 2010 | Reply

I really wish that Favre would just come on out with it and say yes or no… but then again he might want to get out of summer camp again! Oh well, hopefully he’ll buck up and do another season. I’m waiting to see what will happen next, he is a bit of a drama queen. ^^ Love the guy though! GO VIKINGS!