Leave A Question For Toby Gerhart

Posted by Mike Wobschall on June 9, 2010 – 7:59 am

Vikings 2nd round pick RB Toby Gerhart has arrived at Winter Park after taking a red eye flight to Minneapolis following his last final exam at Stanford. He’ll participate in this weekend’s minicamp but before that will get schooled up by RBs coach Eric Bieniemy and other offensive staff members.

I chatted with Gerhart briefly this morning but didn’t want to distract him from whatever else he was doing, so I asked if we could meet up during the lunch hour for a quick Q&A session.

I thought it’d be cool to ask readers to submit questions for Gerhart in the comments section below this blog entry. So submit your questions below and I’ll select several of them to ask Gerhart. Then check back this afternoon for his responses.

Tags:

24 Responses to “Leave A Question For Toby Gerhart”

1. By Tariq on Jun 9, 2010 | Reply

Welcome to the Vikings Toby. i really didnt watch college football this year so when i heard we drafted u i was like WHO, then everbody was telling me go to youtube, Man ii dnt see how u fell to the second you got skills, but my question is Do u think u can pick up the offense to make up the time u been away, and with every body talkin bad in ur game do u think u will be a big key for us this year. Goodluck this year

2. By stanvan Viking on Jun 9, 2010 | Reply

who do u think will win the world cup?

3. By Daniel on Jun 9, 2010 | Reply

What are you most looking forward to playing with the Vikings?

4. By Daniel on Jun 9, 2010 | Reply

What do you think you’ll be able to the backfield with AP?

5. By Daniel on Jun 9, 2010 | Reply

How would you describe your running style?

6. By Daniel on Jun 9, 2010 | Reply

What things do you hope to learn or fine tune in min camp, is there anything you hope to learn from AP?

7. By Daniel on Jun 9, 2010 | Reply

What have you been up to ever since the draft?

8. By Daniel on Jun 9, 2010 | Reply

Favorite football team growing up.

9. By Daniel on Jun 9, 2010 | Reply

Are you looking for offensive rookie of the year?

(these should help you. ; )

10. By RickA on Jun 9, 2010 | Reply

what are your personal goals for this season?

11. By Eric in Montana on Jun 9, 2010 | Reply

Welcome to the Vikings Toby. We all have very high hopes for you! After watching you run in college, I believe you will live up to the hype that is already surrounding you. (Albino Rhino) My questions to you is…. do you understand how important it is to Vikings Fans that you perform beyond your own expectations. You are on a very talented team, with a history of heartbreak. We need you to play your heart out. I believe you will, I just hope you believe too. Knock ‘em dead kid. Literally.

12. By Bigfan1 on Jun 9, 2010 | Reply

Toby, congrats, wow, watching you play for Stanford and now on the Vikings squad, unreal. You are a phenomenal player the Vikings are fortunate to get you. I can’t wait for the season to start. What kind of weight work do you do to develop power?

13. By MGR4FUN on Jun 9, 2010 | Reply

welcome to minnesota mr gerhart and congradulations on your graduation … has it all sunk in yet … i know ya all been just a little busy … i mean “Toby-Time” in the metrodome … takin handoffs from #4 … the second highest scorin offense in the NFL … the best scorin offense in the red zone in the NFL … rb with the most rushin td’s (18) in the NFL … the most td’s scored by a TE (11)… a 4000yd passer and a 1300yd rusher and a 1300yd receiver … an excellent combination of experience and youth … runnin behind “The Five Reasons” … #74 LT – Bryant McKinnie 30 y/o 6’8″ 335# / #76 LG – Steve Hutchinson 32 y/o 6’5″ 313# / #65 C – John Sullivan 24 y/o 6’4″ 301# / #64 RG – Anthony Herrera 29 y/o 6’2″ 315# / #71 RT – Phil Loadholt 24 y/o 6’8″ 343# … “DO YOU REALLY THINK YA WOULD HAV RATHER BEEN DRAFTED BY HOUSTON?” … lmao … i am very much lookin forward to “Toby-Time” in the metrodome and the NFL

14. By Anthony on Jun 9, 2010 | Reply

i was wondering what he thinks of backing up Adrian Peterson? will he be the next chester Taylor or better? he runs just like taylor but with my aggretion and force.. he will be a good asset to the vikings we needed him!

15. By Vikingsfan4life on Jun 9, 2010 | Reply

Toby can you do us fans all a favor and bulldoze opponents when you run don’t be afraid to punish defenders. Can’t wait to watch you thump and bruise defenders pick up where you left off in college. GO VIKES!!

16. By Alrs on Jun 9, 2010 | Reply

What do u think about Michael Vick with the Vikings??

17. By Fu8ck Da saints on Jun 9, 2010 | Reply

Yeaaaa a few more months until kickoff. Can’t wait to see our revenge/asss kicking against the saints.. Can’t wait until all the saints fan start crying about how dirty we were after what they did to brett last year. also lets run some zebras…Good luck Toby, Go VIkes

18. By Steven Turner on Jun 9, 2010 | Reply

I’m one of those NFL fans who watches game film and I see one important question for you. If you learn well your keys to blitz pick-up your value is almost
    doubled protecting a 40 year old qb. I believe you’ve got what it takes to learn and go where speed and power alone won’t take you.
    Sincerely

19. By Lito on Jun 10, 2010 | Reply

Did you catch the ball a lot in Stanford? We are eager to see you play. I hope the Vikes get another mammoth 6’6″ 330 lb right offensive guard who can open holes for you and AP. I hope you gain a lot of yards and touchdowns. Welcome to Minnesota.

20. By martin on Jun 10, 2010 | Reply

growing up what was your favorite football team and idol running back

21. By Vernon on Jun 10, 2010 | Reply

Howdy Toby, glad to see or rather hear you’re getting to know the RB coach EB. And hope the knowledge he is getting you helps speed up your advancement into becoming a very solid NFL runningback. How has his lessons mainly regardin Pass-Protection and Pass-catching help you understand the high demand placed on RBs that the league has.

22. By David on Jun 10, 2010 | Reply

Toby,

Have the Viking staff given you any idea of what your role will be in the offensive scheme this year with your obvious versatility ???

23. By CRipka on Jun 10, 2010 | Reply

Do you see yourself (running style) as a Mike Alstott??

24. By purplereign#57 on Jun 10, 2010 | Reply

Hi there Mr. Gerhart, welcome to the purple and gold…SKOL VIKINGS!!! I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU RUN!!! The Albino Rhino! I love that!! I’m sooo excited to have you in Minnesota. I’ve been a Viking fan since I was small, and not since AP has anything excited me more than this. I know you will make a great impact with this club, and I CAN’T WAIT. My question, other than “aren’t you glad finals are over?”, is similar to CRipka’s question, concerning Mike Alstott. Comparisons aren’t really a true measure of one’s ability, but with those guns, man, you gotta be thinkin’ a little about it, anyway. Can you contribute enough to help #4 stay healthy, and how many suckers are you gonna knock out when they try to tackle you? Play your heart out, kid, ’cause we don’t take any less up here. Good luck!!