Report: Favre Has Surgery On Left Ankle

Posted by Ryan Cardinal on May 21, 2010 – 5:25 pm

According to a report by ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, Vikings QB Brett Favre underwent surgery on his left ankle earlier today at the Andrews Clinic in Gulf Breeze, Fla.  Renowned orthopedic specialist Dr. James Andrews performed the procedure on the ankle which was injured during the Vikings NFC Championship game loss to the New Orleans Saints last January.

Per the report, Favre had scar tissue and other elements of the joint cleaned up to give him a better range of motion.  The report also states that the rehab time is estimated to be four-to-six weeks.

Favre told ESPN’s Ed Werder in late April that if he were to return to the Vikings in 2010, he would need to have this procedure done, so this certainly bodes well for fans wanting to see No. 4 in purple again this fall.

UPDATE – Favre confirmed the news on his website tonight:

This is to confirm that I did have a procedure to remove some scar tissue and bone spurs from my ankle which had been bothering me for a period of time. I appreciate your concerns.

Thanks,
– Brett Favre

Posted in All | 121 Comments »

121 Responses to “Report: Favre Has Surgery On Left Ankle”

1. By Sheila Haines on May 21, 2010 | Reply

Lovin it!!!!

2. By bass8 on May 21, 2010 | Reply

I am so excited my stomach hurts…

3. By Brad Karkiainen on May 21, 2010 | Reply

I’m lovin it also Sheila. Let’s go Vikes!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. By Kelly Davis on May 21, 2010 | Reply

Yes! I demand more Brett! Bring it home this time #4! Skol!

5. By Bart on May 21, 2010 | Reply

He’ll be back!!!

6. By Kaeli on May 21, 2010 | Reply

Very happy to hear this…hoping for a speedy recovery to our great #4!!! Go vikes!

7. By ben on May 21, 2010 | Reply

Let’s go Brett hope u heal up soon and let’s get ready to rock it one more time!!!

8. By govikes1 on May 21, 2010 | Reply

Dude…this is big. The Vikes played this thing really cool – no pressure, no media fight – and now they get a surgically repaired Faav-Rey back. I love it.

9. By Bryan Freese on May 21, 2010 | Reply

Yeeeeessssssssss!!!!!!!!

10. By matt on May 21, 2010 | Reply

woot woot, alright mr. favre. It is time to finish what we started last year. SKOL VIKINGS!!!!

11. By JudyB on May 21, 2010 | Reply

Very excited to hear this! Excellent news. Wishing you a speedy recovery Brett! So happy the Vikes didn’t put pressure on him!!

12. By Lewis on May 21, 2010 | Reply

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

13. By meswant on May 21, 2010 | Reply

I knew he would not leave things the way they ended!! I am sooo HAPPY!!!!! Things are falling into place for this upcoming season…. I see it all now…. the Williams will both be back, Allen will sack opposition qb’s, AP will get his fumbling under control & the great #4 will lead this team to a SB!!!!!

14. By Dave on May 21, 2010 | Reply

This news just pretty much made my day! Lets goooo!

15. By taylor29 on May 21, 2010 | Reply

Yeah baby!! Lets go get that Championship trophy we were so close yo last year! GO VIKES!!!!

16. By Jon from Vegas on May 21, 2010 | Reply

Our team is molding into a power house…this next season is going to be intense can’t wait! im planning on flying to the dome to see a game SKOL VIKINGS! im ready to force a shut out against the saints in the season opener!

17. By reality Check on May 21, 2010 | Reply

Yes Finally. All we need to do now is let Favre and Bevell run the Offense and put down the conservative play style. The O line is better and CB postion improved with Lito and maybe even a few new guys.

18. By Chad on May 21, 2010 | Reply

You all know what this means right? Time For Another Super Bowl Attempt!!

19. By Meghan on May 21, 2010 | Reply

I just turned 21 and I have a BIG crush on Favre. He looks HOT in purple. I can’t wait to see him back in purple uniform. Good luck and recover soon my hero!!

20. By Mizel J on May 21, 2010 | Reply

IM so excited i just pooped a lil!!!! And Jon From Vegas im right there with ya…. WE can fly together!!!! LETS GO VIKES!!!!! ITS SOOOO ON!!!!

21. By AnnJ on May 21, 2010 | Reply

Oh, yeah! I’m looking forward to another thrilling season watching Number Four! This news made my day. Heal quickly, Brett. Go Vikes!

22. By Jessica on May 21, 2010 | Reply

Meghan-stay away from my Man.LOL. Well I agree He does loook hot in purple. Oh but that smile when he is wearing the purple>>>I can’t sleep at night thinking about him. I am soooo looking forward to next year. Everyone at my high school make fun of me but I don’t care I’m 18 and I can do whateva I want..Love this man..GO VIKNGS & Brett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. By MIke B on May 21, 2010 | Reply

Yesss I am glad to hear that Farve had the surgery and will be ready to go. I had no doubt with 13M waiting him this year and all the fun he had last year he would be back. It will be another fun season to watch. Blow the Horns.

Mike

24. By vikingjack on May 21, 2010 | Reply

williams wall not suspended..favre has the surgery….think i will play the lottery tonight!

25. By Jean M on May 21, 2010 | Reply

So glad that I signed on the computer tonight!!! I’m getting queasy in my stomach I’m so excited!!! Will not sleep tonght!!!

26. By purplehorn on May 21, 2010 | Reply

Sounds like the Warrior is getting geared up to play. Like Mr. “T” used to say….I pity the Saints…I mean fools. Talk about a smoking hot opener to the season if Favre does come back!!!!!

27. By ray on May 21, 2010 | Reply

i am excited about favre,now all we need to do is protect favre.have one of our offense be prepare to hit defensive player that comes in to hit favre late.

28. By fan on May 21, 2010 | Reply

Never been so happy to see someone go through surgery!! You my boy Favre!!!

29. By morris on May 21, 2010 | Reply

IT’S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG NOW BABY, SKOL VIKINGS

30. By Sammy on May 21, 2010 | Reply

I can not wait until next Season and we go against the Pack again….this is truly awesome- SKOL 4-Ever, and Mr. Favre, welcome back!! This also means that I will get to enjoy the season with my folks who love having him as our Q-Back Skol Vikings Let’s GO!!!!

31. By John on May 21, 2010 | Reply

Great news. Love to watch this guy play. Have been a fan for 20 years. Hope to see a purple uniform sporting the #4 in the super bowl. Maybe even an undefeated season!!

32. By Bruce on May 21, 2010 | Reply

40 year old Hall of Fame QB out performs 99% of all the YOUNGER QBs in the league last year and whose team is he on? Oh yeah!

33. By Thelma on May 21, 2010 | Reply

Fantastic news! I can’t wait to see Favre in that purple #4 again. Minnesota deserves to win a Super Bowl especially with Favre as the quarterback!

34. By evalu8er on May 21, 2010 | Reply

Brett–hope you get a release from pain and scar tissue. You are amazing. The Vikes are lining up who will keep the Saints from getting on you this fall–so hope to see you back!

35. By david koepp on May 21, 2010 | Reply

Brett comes back for 50th season.
    Vikes win Super Bowl.
    TJack learns more for the following year.
    New DE from USC gets D rookie of the year.
    Healthy Bernard 50 catches and 10 tds
    AP 1700 yards 24 tds and 55 catches.
    Toby 1000 all purpose yards and 8 tds.

Skol baby

36. By richard cotton on May 21, 2010 | Reply

yup, the man is coming back, now i can get nfl sunday ticket, so i don’t miss any games. the best qb to ever play the game. my football hero. thx brett for everything. you are the man!

37. By kris on May 21, 2010 | Reply

yay! feels like last year when i heard that he had the biceps tendon surgery!! bought my season tix that day!!!

skol vikes!!!!!

38. By Jones on May 21, 2010 | Reply

Darnit….. I was hoping we’d get to see Tavaris Jackson this year….

39. By Jones on May 21, 2010 | Reply

NOT!!!!!

40. By Jones on May 21, 2010 | Reply

Now we can start worrying about home field advantage throughout the playoffs so we don’t get zebra’ed in the championship game again.

41. By Andrew P on May 21, 2010 | Reply

This has made my day, made my month, Brett is gearing up to come back and get us our Super Bowl!!!! I am so excited I’m not gonna be able to sleep tonight!!!! This is the year if the Minnesota Vikings everyone get ready for a magic season led by the greatest Quarterback to ever play the game BRETT FAVRE!!!! GO VIKINGS!!!!

42. By Lance on May 22, 2010 | Reply

I think all the fans and players really helped persuade his decision a little. Take it easy Brett and hope you a speedy recovery! BEST QUATERBACK EVER!!!!

43. By mara on May 22, 2010 | Reply

farve is are least concern it’s the team together as one who needs to do better cough cough (adrian peterson)…we had favre last year && if we get hem again it’s just gonna b just like last year they need to be the absolutute best northsidechick =)

44. By Skol_Vikings on May 22, 2010 | Reply

I just hope they stay in Minnesota

45. By Francisca on May 22, 2010 | Reply

Our “O” line better protect him this coming year. I think I can do a better job than they did last year and I only weigh 95 lbs. LOL! Ohhh my Brett only if you were single:) I am a homecoming queen and everone tells me I am hot. You can be me my man any day…. Last year, I bought your 10 big fatheads. You are the cutest man in purple ever. I started watching the Vikes again beacause of you. I just can’t wait to see you on the field agin in the Viking uniform.LOVE YOU ALWAYS!! FAST recovery baaaaabbbyy

46. By STEVEN(packers fan) on May 22, 2010 | Reply

Since Brett went to the Vikings, they’re my 2nd favorite team behind the Packers.Brett is the man and I hope he gets his 2nd Super Bowl win.Jump on board the Minnesota Viking express, they’re coming through.And I also hope they and the Packers give the Dallas Cowgirls a beatdown this season.

47. By govikes1 on May 22, 2010 | Reply

Got to love packerdude rooting for the vikes. We just need T-Jack to pick up half the stuff Rodgers learned while sitting behind the legend and we’ll be contenders for the next 10 years.

48. By Guest on May 22, 2010 | Reply

We want BRETT BACKKK!!!!:):)

49. By Guest on May 22, 2010 | Reply

50. By Larry B on May 22, 2010 | Reply

Go Vikes, good news for us favre fans he will be back and take this team to the SB we need home field advantage so we have the refs on our side and not on the opposing team, what a let down last year, its hard to win on the road and really hard if the zebra’s don’t call them like they should. this was all set up and they wanted N O to win, that why home field is so important. favre will have another fantastic year with all his teammates at his side. GO VIKES

51. By Pat the Viking on May 22, 2010 | Reply

Speedy recovery Brett

52. By Bob Andrade on May 22, 2010 | Reply

Farve has got to go,,, if not you will have another year of disapointment you will see… He’s over the Hill and He dosen’t think like he use too…look what he did in the playoffs last seasonj…He blew the playoffs and his teammates should be upset about what he did after playin such a good game.. Its too bad but Farve needs to GO.. give it a rest Farve….your really not needed

53. By vikingsfan4life on May 22, 2010 | Reply

Hey “BOB”, go home I hear your mom calling you !!!!! as for favre why don’t you let us real vikings fans worry about him not some nobody like you..if fave does come back next seasom it’s going to be one awesome season, and the vikings will get there superbowl !!! with the players they added and drafted it’s going to be one awesome seasom in 2010 !!!! GO VIKINGS !!!

54. By Mark on May 22, 2010 | Reply

Brett; I know you want to come back and you may still have doubts. Put you know there will be nothing sweeter than holding up your grandson, Brett, when you are interviewed as the next Superbowl MVP. I am a 50 year long packers Fan but am a bigger Fan of the man that plays the game the way it was meant to be played. Come back for the pure Love of the game.

55. By Les on May 22, 2010 | Reply

we absolutly need favre. tavaris is a scrub. total access says tavaris got us to the playoffs, but not true gus ferrote did. scrub jack got us back out of the playoffs

56. By Tom on May 22, 2010 | Reply

BOB, have you ever stuck your tongue in an electric fan? I’m betting yes.

57. By Shaun on May 22, 2010 | Reply

I’ve got a fever, and the only prescription is more FAVRE!

58. By scott on May 22, 2010 | Reply

now i will definitely renew my nfl sunday ticket

59. By Kelly on May 22, 2010 | Reply

What’s up with all these high school girls making comments on this blog? Brett needs a woman not a lilttle girl. Imma 25 yrs. old woman and his biggest fan. So all you little girls out there stay away from my little hottie. And all you other Vikings fans stop asking him to come back for one more year. He is coming back for three more years. He is the strongest man alive and it is going to stay that way for many many years to come. Next year Randy Moss will be coming home…..then watch out world!!!! Percy, Sidney, Bernard, Shanco, Toby, and Moss and my man Brett as a qb…………..He will throw for 40 tds this year and 55-60 tds next year. You better beleive it!!!!!!GO BRett the best looking VIKINGS alive>>>>>>>

60. By d-prather on May 22, 2010 | Reply

Les t-jack is not a scrub come on thas pre-mature its not lik he played horrible when he was in it takes time in these league look hw many years aron was benched behind favre i think jack can be good if he learns frm favre

61. By Tom on May 22, 2010 | Reply

D-prather, your wrong TJ is a scrub.

62. By fmfan on May 22, 2010 | Reply

Tom is that why Tjacks passer rating the last 2 years have been higher than Favres.

63. By Brenda on May 22, 2010 | Reply

Kelly I approve your message! LOL—Well said

64. By Tom on May 22, 2010 | Reply

fmfan, are you an idiot? TJ had a 113 QB rating based on 21 attempts, in a mop-up role in blow-out games. You can have TJ, but you’ll never win a superbowl with him.

65. By Tom on May 22, 2010 | Reply

fmfan, to even compare TJ with Favre is stupid. Are you and Bob brothers?

66. By Les on May 22, 2010 | Reply

if its your goal to throw ints. then tj is your guy. sure favre has had years when he through a few to many ints. but how long was his shoulder bad? also when he did it was with green bay, so that aint so bad either. i spent years @ years hating favre, but not that he wasnt good quite the contrary. and if tj wasnt a scrub seems strange no other team would take him with only a 3rd round tender. would seem alot like31 otheer g.m.s and coaches must have a preety low opinion of him also.witch is good cause i dont know it all, but that in a way confirms my opinion. and that is all it is a opinion,imno authority by any means. ive followed the vikes since there superbowl years though and was never as confident in a qb of ours since tarkinton

67. By Scott Trenkamp on May 22, 2010 | Reply

Hey, I’m a BIG Favre fan. The only question I have is maybe he got the surgery for his own comfort. It does not mean that he will return. I will be glad to see him back but I’m not going nuts until word comes down one way or the other.

68. By Les on May 22, 2010 | Reply

that is a really good point scott makes

69. By fmfan on May 22, 2010 | Reply

Tom are you an A.S.S.? Just because someone has a different opinion you have to go to name calling.

70. By Doogie Douglas on May 22, 2010 | Reply

Back in the 70′s GOD and I made a deal that he would’nt let me die before seeing the Vikes win a Superbowl. Looks like my time is short!!!!!!!!!! Get well soon Brett and GO VIKES

71. By fmfan on May 22, 2010 | Reply

I don’t expect to see Favre unless southern miss baseball team goes to the college world series.

72. By ray on May 22, 2010 | Reply

be nice to have favre back,this is the 50th anniversary minnesota vikings to play in.whats better then favre playing on the 50th anniversary.getting to the superbowl and winning it.then favre can retired as a vikings on this day.

73. By Pat the Viking on May 22, 2010 | Reply

I just seen a wrangler commercial with Brett in it – I haven’t seen since football season ended, Another good indicator ?

74. By Ultimate VIKING fan!!! on May 22, 2010 | Reply

I love Brett Favre i hope he returns

75. By Tom on May 22, 2010 | Reply

fmfan, it’s all in fun, we are all just passionate viking fans, SKOL.

76. By Green Bay Ray on May 22, 2010 | Reply

Choke-a-sota Vikings……….and another Green Bay reject. Land of 10,000 lakes
    and 5.4 million morons.

Farve or not Vike-quens will choke like always in 2010.

77. By Thomas Dohman on May 22, 2010 | Reply

I’m so happy he’ll be ready to take on another great season with the Vikings.

Our first game with one of the dirtiest teams in NFL history should be sweet.

Unleash Viking fury and completely smash them to pieces.
    I’m just holding a bit of a sporting gruge against a bunch of *&%$ heads. SAINTS THEY AIN’T.
    Comments like, “I thought we finish him” in regards to Farve’s angle. Well think again Slaints, or sorry misspelled it. You didn’t finish anything. Game on.
    Your friend, Tom

78. By Thomas Dohman on May 22, 2010 | Reply

OMG, I can’t believe I still misspell Favre’s name!
    Well, he’s got to play again so I can see the name a few 1000 times more I guess,hehe.
    Oh, and there should have been an ed on the end of finish in the quote from one of the Saints players.
    Don’t want to miss quote a DB you know….

79. By Viking-ology on May 22, 2010 | Reply

Favre da man!! Great news for Viking fans. Let this be our year!! SKOL VIKINGS!!!

80. By Brett's fan on May 23, 2010 | Reply

It’s fun to see this man compete and play for our Vikings team. I don’t care if we go to the super bowl or not it was awesome to see our boys do well. This man Brett got a lot of football left in him, Brad Childress needs to do his part and protect him. Go watch Brett Favre’s highligths from last year and see what I am talking about. This man has at least five years of football left in him as a starter. He is by far the best we ever had at this position!! He is going to be the first and only qb who is going to take us there. Lst mont I passed out a survey at the Mall of America and 95% of the ppl from MN want him back for another four years. Respect and Love!

81. By Larry on May 23, 2010 | Reply

I have been a Vikings fan for 38 years. I understand faith. I believe in the Vikes. This is the best team since the “Purple People Eaters” and Brett is the Captain of this ship. Brett, get healthy and stay healthy. God bless the Vikings!

82. By Vikesfan1 on May 23, 2010 | Reply

Favre you better come back don’t lead us vikings fan on haha you will get a ring its all on you.

83. By Kathy on May 23, 2010 | Reply

Great news!! Let’s finish what we started last year. If the O-line can protect Brett, there’s not stopping the Vikes. I too will be renewing my NFL Ticket once I know for sure Brett’s coming back. I live in WI so you know what games I’ll have to suffer through if I don’t renew my NFL Ticket. Better yet, I want to come to a game in Minnesota & witness the excitement for myself. GO VIKES, this is our year!!!

84. By Jenny on May 23, 2010 | Reply

Hey Kelly, I second your message….Brett is the best looking Vikings alive!
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Vikings.

~Jenny Johansen, 19yrs. old, from Southern California

85. By kbrown on May 23, 2010 | Reply

you’ve given us all more hope,my hats off to THE FARVE

86. By paul on May 23, 2010 | Reply

Last year for Farve and the Vikings in Minnesota?

87. By Melissa on May 23, 2010 | Reply

@Paul- if Favre has a good year he will be back for another two years.
    @Jenny- I agree with your post 100%

88. By itsthevikesyear on May 23, 2010 | Reply

If Brett takes us to the promise land this year, he will retire. He wants to go out like Elway and I sure hope that happens. It would be very difficult to find anyone on the planet who loves the Vikings more than I do and i sure hope this means he is coming back. He definitely could play another few years as long as his body holds up. And to the Pucker fool who made the comments about the Vikings: Your team has been second behind us for a few years now and that isn’t changing anytime soon. Come talk to me when your QB wins a playoff game. You have a mediocre run game, old receivers, old secondary, shotty offensive line and they can’t stop a team over 500. So do us intelligent fans a favor and just go away, you’re making a fool of yourself.

89. By cdub12 on May 24, 2010 | Reply

Way to go Brett! I hope his rehab will go by real smooth so he can be ready for training camp if he decides to come back for one more year. PLEASE BRETT, COME BACK ONE MORE YEAR!!!

90. By FAVRE4EVER on May 24, 2010 | Reply

Espn interviewed Dr. Andrews assistant and he confirmed the only reason Brett would have the surgery would be to return this season. He has had this procedure twice before so its no concern to me. He’ll be back and better than ever. Whoever compares him to TJ needs to go back to rehab cause you just fell off the wagon. Go FAVRE!!!!!!!!GO VIKES!!!!!

91. By crazyvikesnamony22 on May 24, 2010 | Reply

hearing this absolutelly made my day. Shows that #4 isn’t gonna just take the junk he was given in new orleans. #4 get back in there we want to see SB!!!! Let’s see the speedy recovery!

92. By packerfan#1 on May 24, 2010 | Reply

Bret still need brain surgery fix all the int he throw in the big games. Yes, he will be back to distroy the Vikings chances to ever win the SB.

93. By Bigfan1 on May 24, 2010 | Reply

The surgery and even the aside to his alma mater is clear that he is coming back to lead this machine. The excitement is in the air. This is the year of the Vikings.

94. By FAVRE4EVER on May 24, 2010 | Reply

It amazes me that someone who claims to be a packer fan could have such hatred toward the one person who gave you a winning season since the ice bowl. Enjoy the drought because you’ll never beat the vikes as long as Favres on board. As far as the interceptions he had a career low last season, not that you watch much football. Who need the brain surgery ? Stick your bottom lip over your head and swollow and we’ll sit back and watch our Favre tear you apart-AGAIN!!!! GO FAVRE!!!!!!!

95. By packerfan#1 on May 24, 2010 | Reply

Favre4ever I agree, he will live 4 ever in packer history, but that is just what he is history. Washed up faded history. Viking fans he will not, i repeat will not win a SB in purple. Bret is messed up in the head from all the hits, and every team will beat the tar out of him in 2010, just like the saints did. Out.

96. By Vikings Lands on May 24, 2010 | Reply

packerfan#1-I think you need a hug-LOL

97. By paul on May 24, 2010 | Reply

Bret Farve only cares about one thing and that is Bret Favre, he could give a rats ass about Minnesota fans or the vikings.
    Its all about Bret and don’t ever forget it..

98. By packersvince on May 24, 2010 | Reply

Wow, the man has been in the League almost 20 years and you ignorant Viqueen fans still cant spell his name right! Just goes to show how much respect you really have for him. You have all hated and despised him for years, now all the sudden he is your “SAVIOR”? I’m throwing a big fat cheese head bull**** flag!

99. By michael on May 24, 2010 | Reply

I hope the Viking D goes after Brees and cheap shots him all day….Hope to see you back Favre. The purple will protect you this year….GO VIKES!

100. By Melissa Dee on May 24, 2010 | Reply

To packersvince: we gave brett favre the respect he derves unlike your team. Brett Favre is not done yet. Just wait and see God is with him so are the Vikings fans. Vikings will never leave him the way YOU chessedheads did.

101. By Kathy on May 25, 2010 | Reply

I don’t get why Packer fans are even talking about Brett. You had him & Ted decided he didn’t want him anymore. The way he was treated when he came back to Lambeau as a Viking was embararrasing. I live in WI & have always loved Brett. You have to remember, it wasn’t his choice to go elsewhere. He did more for the city of Green Bay and the Packers than anyone in recent history. You Packer fans need to move on & pray that your golden boy Rogers may someday be a fraction of the quarterback/leader that Brett is. I have come to love Brett in purple as much or more than I did when he was with the Packers. Let’s hope for at least 1 more year. GO #4.

102. By FAVRE4EVER on May 25, 2010 | Reply

Amen Kathy. Finally an intelligent response. Your talking about a guy who has never missed a start in twenty seasons. Don’t care who you root for but that in itself deserves some respect. Slam him all you want packer fans but it seems to me you already ticked him off and boy did he ever spank ya in not one, but TWO games last year. Get your tissues out cause Bretts a viking and he’s coming back. SB!SB!SB!SB!SB!

103. By jwillia1 on May 25, 2010 | Reply

As a Packer fan I do thank Brett for all he did for our franchise. Now however he is the opposition so I must root against him. The team is bigger than one man no matter how important that man was to the success of the team. Brett will take his rightful place among Packer legends one day. As for the constant bashing of Packer fans as uninformed…I lived in the Twin Cities in the 90′s and all I heard from Viking fans was how much Fave sucked. Wasn’t true then isn’t true now. Look at some of these posts if you want to see real “intelligence” At least we are not a bunch of bandwagon jumpers and we have no threat of our team leaving for LA. Oh and win a SB just once. Even the Tampa Bay Buccaneerer have won a SB

104. By FAVRE4EVER on May 25, 2010 | Reply

If Ted Thompsons still got a job the only time you’ll see our brett is when he comes back on gameday. The way you faithfull fans treated him last year you can bet he’ll be wearing purple in canton. BooHoo.As far as intelligence, how many superbowls did you win after the icebowl without Favre. Get use to the drought cause first time Rodgers gets a tummyache he,ll be on the bench. I agree one man doesnt win championships, but sure love our chances with him on our side. Not bandwagon jumpers, just rooting for the guys on OUR roster. OUR BRETT!OUR BRETT!OUR BRETT!

105. By packerfan#1 on May 25, 2010 | Reply

At some point all the great players fall i.e. Jordan. Viking fans are as messed up in the head as Farve is if he/they think he will not fall. Arron Rogers future is in front of him, and Farve’s furtue is all in the past. Last, year was fun, but it’s over. If last years game with the saints is a sign of things to come in 2010, at this time next year Viking fans will be driving Farve out of town if he plays 2010. Please if you love Farve, tell him to stay home mow grass, go hunitng, play with the grand kid. After all Farve will be better in the booth if he’s not a vegatable.

106. By shindy117 on May 25, 2010 | Reply

YEEESSSS!!! FARVE your tha best i knew he was gonna do it lol time for another go and this time I BELIEEVE WE CAN WIN IT ALL

107. By FAVRE4EVER on May 25, 2010 | Reply

Love the packer fans who are pleading for Favre to retire. Tells me you know you can’t beat us with him playing. And who’s the one messed up in the head when you have to go to the Vikings team site to do your blogs. Get a life. Favre had a better rating last year than any year he played for the fudgepack. Things really do get better with age and he has proved that. GO FAVRE!!!!!!!!!!!!SUPERBOWL BABY !!!!!!!!!

108. By packerfan#1 on May 25, 2010 | Reply

Packers vs. Vikings will be great this year FARVE4EVER either way. Nice bloging with you, always a Packer. Happy retirement brett, hope you come to your senses. Packers add number 13 in 2010.

109. By FAVRE4EVER on May 25, 2010 | Reply

How do you go from 3 to 12. Sorry cant count championships when they played teams like Racine. Its all in good fun. Good luck to you too. Hope ya make it to 500 two years in a row. Soon as playoffs start and your seasons over maybe you can watch Favre finish what he started.SB!!!!Later Packer Fan.

110. By STEVEN(Packer fan) on May 26, 2010 | Reply

Hey everybody,notice all the so called Packer fans on the VIking website puting down Favre and Viking fans?What does that tell you?I was born a Packer fan before Lombardi came. Thompson did’nt want Favre because he did’nt want Rodgers sitting on the bench season after season.Rodgers is also a bargain at 1.9m a year.So Thompson figured,dump Favre at about 10m a year and near or at the end of his career and let Rodgers take over.Not a bad move because Rodgers has played well considering he played behind a poor offensive line like Favre had in the game against the (S)aints.Favre is a bargain at 12m or 13m a year.Roethlisberger and P. Manning are over 30m a year.

111. By STEVEN(Packer fan) on May 26, 2010 | Reply

Vikes will probably give the Packer two more beatdowns this season.Last season Favre and the Vikings gave Thompson the front office and the Favre haters exactly what they deserved losses (losers).

112. By packerfan#1 on May 26, 2010 | Reply

Steven (Packer Fan) i love the take but I believe last year was a Farve freebee or a respect of Farve year. This year the Packers and the Packer fans will show no little respect for Farve, as a result Packers will win in 2010. Packers and Packer fan don’t like to lose. Eveything goes in 2010, and the Packers win.

113. By junior on May 26, 2010 | Reply

ju con do it vato keep doing what u do all the way to the superbowl vikings all the way

114. By packer fan on May 26, 2010 | Reply

I enjoyed all comments above. 90% of you need to learn how to spell or use spell check on your computers.

115. By Eric G on May 27, 2010 | Reply

This is some of the best news thus far. I can’t wait to see him play some more. I can already hear the value of my Favre rookie cards going up, and up…..

116. By Purple Princess on May 27, 2010 | Reply

WAHOOOO!!! This sounds like music to my ears! Come on back Brett! The chemistry you had last season needs to be seen again for all the Vikings fans!! Here’s to a healthy recovery and seeing you in #4 again!

117. By Carrie on May 27, 2010 | Reply

Please, oh please come back!!! You’re not finished yet…you have work to do!!! Your love for the game, your antics, and your attitude are infectious! You have brought so much to this sport. (My mom now takes the time watch and that says a lot!)

So please #4, please come back……PULLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

118. By Trokon on May 27, 2010 | Reply

Favre is “da iron man”

119. By STEVEN(Packer fan) on May 29, 2010 | Reply

I think a big concern for the Vikes should be their intensity level in games they play away from home.Examples from last season were the 1st half against Arizona;lost 30-17,the entire game against Carolina;lost 26-7,and the 1st half against Chicago in which they looked like two entirely different teams,played well in 2nd half but still lost 36-30.Packers are weak at offensive line and at secondary(Woodson has nowhere to go but down after a great season at his age).Vikings have better talent on both sides of the ball but last season’s kickoff coverages need to improve.Packers will be lucky to win one of the two games against Vikings.I just hope the Packers don’t get embarrassed again like last year.

120. By Reitojeanelle on Jan 5, 2012 | Reply

view chanel bags for cheap at my estore with low price

2. May 23, 2010: The Week That Was « Purple Pants, Green Jersey