Randle Chooses Teerlinck As HOF Presenter

Posted by Mike Wobschall on May 12, 2010 – 12:27 pm

John Randle is a Hall of Famer now, but he was far from that status when he entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent in 1990. With a love for the game and work ethic rarely seen, Randle transformed himself from an undersized longshot to perhaps the best pass-rushing DT in NFL history.

But Randle would be the first person to tell you it took more than just a passion for the game and hard work. He would also credit his development and progression to excellent coaching, which is why he’s chosen former Vikings DL coach John Teerlinck as his presenter at the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s 2010 enshrinement ceremony in Canton, Ohio this August.

Randle was with the Vikings from 1990-2000 and Teerlinck was his position coach from 1992-1994, pivotal years in the young career of Randle and years that eventually proved to be building blocks to what was a Hall of Fame career.

“I’ve been an assistant coach for 22 years,” remarked Teerlinck, now with the Indianapolis Colts. “I’ve coached in 31 playoff games, six championships, and four Super Bowls. This tops them all. This is the biggest honor for an assistant coach.”

Click here to go to the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s website to learn more about the Class of 2010.

Tags:

7 Responses to “Randle Chooses Teerlinck As HOF Presenter”

1. By jbork88 on May 12, 2010 | Reply

cool, can’t wait to see his bust in canton. hopefully next year there will be an article on who CHRIS CARTER chooses to present him,

2. By purplehorn on May 13, 2010 | Reply

You could tell John Randle was something special as he worked in preseason impressing folks his first year. Talk about a strong man in a compact body! He just overpowered the inside of the line with his strength and quickness. He is that diamond in the rough that every team hopes to find. A well deserved honor for a uniquely gifted player!!! Saddle up……I’m coming!!!!!

3. By MGR4FUN on May 14, 2010 | Reply

excellent choice by #93 … coach Teerlinck has been makin excellent d-linemen better ballplayers for decades … John Randle is an amazin human bein … a relentless beast on the field … undrafted to the hall of fame … ya simply gotta respect and admire that … i for one will tell my grandchildren about John Randle and how he represented the purple and made me extremely proud to be a vikings fan … thanks big man … thanks for even makin that goofy freakin commercial with the chicken with the #4 jersey on it “I LOVED IT” … but not as much as i loved watchin you play the game of football

4. By joe on May 14, 2010 | Reply

That moron danz with the fake “vikings age” site beat ya to the punch on his scat-blog about poo. He occasionally posts a few rambling threads about the viking between his rants about excremental and urine.

Why does anyone go to that site anyways? Its not a viking fan site or blog – he is just using the excitement Brett Favre created this season to increase his google rankings.

5. By Arrowhead on May 16, 2010 | Reply

chris carter will be the next 90’s viking to go in, Next year hopefully when the hall of fame gets it right, then of course they still have to get jim marshall in there. Who cares if he ran the wrong way? most consecutive starts for a defensive player and the record for most fumble recoveries in career. How is that not hall of fame worthy?

6. By jami on May 17, 2010 | Reply

I wish I could be there! You and Carter are still my favorite Vikings. You pumped up the team and fans like I have never seen a player do. Jared Allen is not far behind! The chicken in a farve jersey still my favorite commerical, even though I am a huge Farve fan.

7. By DSLR-A850 on Nov 16, 2011 | Reply