Vikings Stadium News Coming Later Today

Posted by Mike Wobschall on May 3, 2010 – 6:40 am

Just a heads up to stay tuned to vikings.com today and throughout the week for developments in plans for a new Vikings stadium. There is a press conference this morning at 9:00 a.m. at the State Capitol and that’s where much of those developments will originate.

We’ll have complete coverage of that press conference – including video from the event – as well as Vikings reaction to it.

So although there won’t be much happening on the vikings.com Blog this morning, be sure to stay tuned later in the morning and into the afternoon for all the latest stadium developments. Also remember that you can follow us on Twitter – our account is @VikingsFootball.

11 Responses to “Vikings Stadium News Coming Later Today”

1. By Chaz on May 3, 2010 | Reply

Don’t even post it unless it is good news. I would be heart broken if they left..

2. By Dody Preiner on May 3, 2010 | Reply

Why not build the stadium in Blaine where the air is clean and fresh. Where the wet lands have been resolved!!

3. By Bigfan1 on May 3, 2010 | Reply

I don’t care where let’s just get it done.

4. By nick on May 3, 2010 | Reply

the problem is that no one is willing to pay. 70 % of the tax payers in minnesota would flip if they had to pay so much as 5 dollers towards it but would be mad if the vikings left. but the vikings have no choice they cant maintain a a team while losing revenue because they havent got the seating.

5. By nick on May 3, 2010 | Reply

P.S. vikings.com should start a donation fund of some sort where the people of minnesota who care about the vikings could donate 1 or 2 or maybe 5 dollers towards the stadium.

6. By paul on May 3, 2010 | Reply

Get the Indians (casino) involved. They have lots of money!

7. By puckertrucker on May 4, 2010 | Reply

The vikings have built a dynesty in Minnesota, ever since they started playing at the old metroploitan stadium in the sixties. just give them a decent playing field and they’ll never disapoint the fans or the state of Minnesota. I for one am willing to donate as much as I can, for the new stadium, I’m on Social Security Disability and have been since 2002 but I tell right now any body from Minnesota wether transplanted such as I or any other die hard Minnesotan would be happy to give their change or dollars to help build the new stadium.
    Just let me know where to send my donation. By the way I live in Portland OR and Iknow many Viking fans hear that would be happy to donate to the cause.
    Also have you thought about selling seat in the new stadium sort of like what the Packers have done in their stadium.

Thanks

Thomas the Puckertrucker Puchtel.

8. By Danno on May 4, 2010 | Reply

I am a tax paying citizen and I have no problem with a stadium tax. Lets think about the revenue the Vikes bring in. From what I here it is between 25 and 45 million a year. If you divide 500 million by 40 (years) you get 12.5 million. Now that sounds like a good investment weather your a fan or not.

9. By Josh on May 4, 2010 | Reply

im from iowa and was born a vikings fan. and i know some of us in iowa would help theres a lot of us down here that are vikings fans and always will be!!! and we want them in min!!!

10. By Rocksalt on May 8, 2010 | Reply

I guess the state of Minnesota has not learned its lesson yet- 1st the Lakers, then the North Stars, now the Vikings…. same colors as LA Lakers, so the fans there can wear either Lakers or Vikings stuff to the games.
    Too bad, but without a new stadium, the Vikings are history in MN.

11. By Noone on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

My only question is why build them a new stadium? We’re spending money we dont have. If they win a superbowl then I would see a reason to build them a new stadium. Simple cause and effect. If they have a reward to push for, I think that they would pull through but in the mean time, I advise against it.