Report: Favre Needs Ankle Surgery To Play In 2010

Posted by Ryan Cardinal on April 30, 2010 – 9:07 am

According to a report by ESPN’s Ed Werder, Vikings QB Brett Favre will need to have surgery on his left ankle, which was injured in the NFC Championship Game loss to the Saints, if he hopes to return to the Vikings in 2010.

Video: NFL Network Reports On The Story

Video: Favre’s Friend And Former Coach Steve Mariucci Gives His Take

Video: Head Coach Brad Childress Addresses The Report

Article: Favre Tells ESPN He Needs Ankle Surgery To Play

“We have spoken,” Favre said in an e-mail to Werder. “To play again, I would need the surgery, as I suspected. This decision would be easy if not for my teammates and the fans and the entire Vikings staff. One year truly felt like 10 — much like Green Bay for many years. That’s what I was missing in my heart I suppose, a since of belonging.”

As Werder points out in his story, this is somewhat similar to Favre’s situation last offseason in that he needed to have a procedure done on his throwing shoulder, which troubled him for much of his time with the New York Jets in 2008, before playing again.  As we all know, Favre had said procedure, signed with Minnesota, and went on to have one of his best seasons of his career.

I’m sure this isn’t the last we’ll hear of the situation in the weeks and months ahead.

UPDATE – Favre has updated his official website with this addition of a statement from Favre himself:

I want to add to the information provided in the article that was published this morning on ESPN’s website. Given the reaction to the article, and the typical conclusion jumping, I thought I’d clarify a few things.

While my ankle has been bothering me, the injury is not debilitating. For example, I’m able to work around my property without any problems. Sure – certain exercises cause some ankle pain, but it’s nothing that I haven’t experienced (or played with) before. In fact, many people don’t realize that I injured my ankle before the NFC Championship game. I’ve had surgery on this ankle twice before, and I’ve played with the pain before. The hits I took throughout the 2009 season, including the Saints game, just added to the ankle pain and likely caused some bone spurs.

I don’t believe major surgery on the ankle would be required for me to return in 2010. I’ve consulted with Dr. Andrews on the phone, and a relatively minor procedure could be done to improve the dexterity of the ankle, and to relieve the pain. I’ve put up with pain worse than this in my career, and I didn’t want anyone to assume that the possibility of surgery was the sole factor that would determine whether I return or not. Some people reacting to the ESPN story have made this assumption. I don’t blame them for doing so, given that the term “surgery” often covers a variety of procedures, some more complex than others.

The ankle pain is a factor, but one of many factors that I’ll need to consider in making my decision. Other factors include the input of my family, and the wonderful experience that I had last year with the Vikings.

– Brett Favre

Posted in All | 80 Comments »

80 Responses to “Report: Favre Needs Ankle Surgery To Play In 2010”

1. By vikings012 on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

not like this man come on we missed out on mcnabb and clausen this was suppost to be our year since the saints skrewed us last year apparently in more ways than we thought if favre doesnt come back we wont do anything i really hope he does

2. By ben on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

This isn’t the end of the world, it all depends on what type of surgery he will need. Look at guys like Brandon Roy came back 8 days after knee surgery. Just have to wait and hear more on the story.

3. By Norman on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

I hope all goes well Favre, I never watched the Vikings till you showed up, I always thought of the Vikings as the Timberwolves. A team that almost always loses it feels like. But you came along, after watching you take down team by team one by one, I never missed a game. You made me enjoy football again, and if you return this year I will probably become a season ticket holder to watch it in person. You are an amazing football player Favre, and I hope you can return.

4. By Nat on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Great to have an awesome fair weather fan on board Norman.

Anyway, what people don’t understand is Clausen/McCoy wouldn’t have started no matter what Favre decides. They would have been playing at the earliest 2 seasons from now.

5. By Vproman on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Confucious say – Revenge always comes at a price!

How long do you think he can play
    should have drafted Clausen

6. By MGR4FUN on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

i hope #4 does whatever he sees as best for him and his family … ifin he decides to sit this one out he has more than earned the right to do so … the purple will still show-up in the superdome on thursday night 9-9-10 and take care of some unfinished business down there … #4 you hav no idea what this means when i say it but you looked gr8 in purple and you represented just fine and i respect the heck outa that!!!!!!!!!!

7. By Lants on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Favre is awesome…I hope he does come back…that team, headed by him, made me enjoy the Vikes for the first time in a long time too.

So, tell me I’m a fair weather fan as well Nat, but to me it was a team worth watching, instead of a team to watch for the 1st half.

8. By Vproman on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Why couldn’t the “all loving” of his teamates and staff find out if he needed ankle surgery before the draft?

Should have drafted for the future

9. By FloridaFan on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

the vikings not drafting a QB had nothing to do with Brett coming back or not coming back. The vikings didn’t like this QB class. Childress has been to Mississippi a couple of times in addition to keeping in touch by text and phone. I’m sure this is not a surprise to the vikings.

10. By KnifeRiver on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

I’ve always loved the Vikes and Favre too. Putting the 2 together last season brought so much excitement. I want hime to do what is best for him and his family…but hope he gets the surgery now…just in case he decides he wants to come back……..and yes, i’ll watch every game no matter what…but Brett just makes everything better.

11. By kevin magee on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Ok,..everyone needs to calm down. First off,.no one knows if brett is done or not. second ,.even if he is,…jackson has learned from him and it takes 5 years before a qb develops,..3rd,..we did get a future qb,..big p,..trust me,..this kid is gonna be a superstar. 4th,..clausen wouldnt have even started this year and he is too short to see over the 0-line. Watch out gerhardt is gonna take over ap’s job in 3 years,..he is a player

12. By Vproman on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Just keep telling Farve he’s “GOD” he might just come back

13. By Vproman on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Brett pulled the same thing with the Packers
    holding the team, staff and fans hostage.

Farve only care about himself

14. By Jaycee on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

i hope brett comes back i have been a vikings fans for eyars since i started watching football and the disappointing years i have had to dealw ith the 09 season was one i truely enjoyed all 18 games were so close to finaly being the super bowl champs one more year brett plz

15. By Chao Her on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

don’t worry guy, brett noe that the vikings want him to come back so he will have his surgery on his ankle and play for the vikings in 2010 season…

16. By JohnP on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

I sure hope this is only a lobbying ploy to extend his time off before he reports to camp…
    If not, he has to be the world’s greatest idiot to wait this long before deciding whether to have surgery or not.
    I would prefer to think the first and not the next.

17. By Vproman on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Kevin, I hope your right the Steelers won a superbowl with a rookie QB !

18. By purplehorn on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Farve must have injured that ankle much worse than many thought. The photo’s looked really bad and sore. If Brett hasn’t had surgery yet- that must mean that he is just now getting to a point where the swelling is down. He really needs to have the surgery right now to be ready by say August. The fact that he hasn’t said he is scheduled makes me think he may not return. That would be really disappointing because with Favre I really think the Vikings win the Super Bowl.

19. By GOLDVIKE on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

FAVRE WILL COME BACK!!!!!

20. By Jered Decker on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Vproman you are a joke.Look at yourself, youve posted 3times on this subejct matter already.Get a job and get a life you loser.Your what make people break out into laughter when read message boards.People with no idea whats going on and no clue on life in general.Go Brett.We love you in central WI and are converted to the purple.

21. By josh on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Growing up, I didn’t like football and had never watched a game. A singer at 18 years old I was on tour in Wisconsin in 96 when I became enamored by young Brett Favre and the Greenbay Packers and watched eagerly as they brought home the Lombardi Trophy later that season. I was hooked and to this day I still have that Favre fever. He has been the center of my dissapointment through the years since then and I would like nothing more than to see him redeem himself with the best and biggest comeback ever. He’s been known to defy the odds and I believe his best is yet to come. Call me crazy but I know he can do it. Go Favre and Go Vikings. Win it all! This is your moment!!!

22. By GB GUY on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Hahaha! Bend over vike fans and get ready for some of what the Packers had to deal with. A “me first” prima donna who ultimately disappoints!

23. By Vproman on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Jerad if Farve comes back it will be at his own demise
    He won’t last the season!

He couldn’t run 5 yards to get the vikes in field goal position in the NFC championship game

24. By steve on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Was a dirty hit by the saints.
    Saint’s peyton went after #4 because of that last touchdown vs Dallas the week before, being from the Dallas org. and all.
    Pro football is a rough game.

25. By FloridaFan on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

How exactly is he holding the team hostage? childress, speilman and ziggy wolfe have all said he can take as long as he did last year to decide. he doesn’t need to tell them before training camp. Childress has also said whether brett plays or not will not effect what the vikings do in the draft. so how exactly is he holding the team hostage? he isn’t. this is a phrase made up by the packers so they didn’t have to wait for an answer from brett. what exactly did the packers change when they traded brett and inserted rodgers
    as the starting QB? nothing. Teams do what they think is best for the organization. No player can make a team do something they don’t want to do.

26. By Dennis Walsh on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Dear Viking;
    Please get Brett Favre going on having surgery on his angle.
    I feel his is the leader and QB the Viking most have to win
    the Super Bowl.

Go Brett!!

Sincerely
    DWALSH

27. By Bigg Tommy on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Brett, you will not be able to handle sitting out this season after the train wreck in last years NFC playoff game. Its spring now, its not so bad, but in late summer early fall when the grass and the air have that special smell, your heart will be broken if you can’t play. One more year to make your mind right, then return to the kids in Mississippi and teach the next young man the game like you know it. You owe it to yourself, your family, your team and most of all your fans like me who wishes they could go and play again !!! Much Love Brett, you have inspired all of us over 40 to strive for more !

Bigg Tommy
    FatandForty.TV

28. By Vproman on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Florida Fan you mean their wasn’t a doctor in the world that could tell him he needed surgery before the draft?

or maybe he just didn’t think he needed to see a doctor

Why not see a doctor before the draft?

29. By Paul#4 on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Josh i have to say thats the season i started watching Favre and football.i moved in with my aunt and she was a big football fan so i had to pick a team.well i’m from Boston and i like the Patriots but the season he beat the Patriots in the superbowl i was hooked. i now own all him Jerseys and root for the Vikings. i was a Packer fan for most of my football life..lol. i just wanted to say Brett PLEASE come back..you are the Iron Man you can do it……..

30. By reality Check on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

There is absolutely now way Vikings didn’t know about this. I beleive its a minor surgery with a two week recovery and he’ll be back. For poor guy without high profile doctors a major ankle surgery takes 6 to 8 weeks for recovery. He’ll be back if it were knee surgery then it would be a bigger gamble

31. By reality Check on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Favre’s got 3months plus to recover,go cut it now, other wise I’d rather see him throwing the ball on crutches, than puting tjoke out there to run around with the ball for a 4 and 12 season

32. By Pat the Viking on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

think Brett should go ahead and have the Surgery, then if he feels that he could play another season, come on back and play. But, if he’s ready to retire, he should retire.

I would be okay with if Brett came back and ONLY play in Games that he feels that he can play that day. Even, if it’s 2 out of 16, 5 out of 16, 10 out of 16 or all 16 games.

His presents in the Vikings will lift the FANS, Coaches and players up to the NEXT level of competitiveness.

33. By James T on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

I’m hoping its just a minor surgery, as a long time Viking fan, the possibility of us winning it all is slim but atleast #4 gives us hope. So Brett, I say to you, get your ass in that surgery room asap.

34. By Anthony on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Another weasel move by Favre. Where was this injury in March? He’s announcing it now so he can miss training camp.

35. By Chaz on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

No duh, if you could miss training camp and get away with it, wouldn’t you?

Who cares what he says, i can’t believe everyone gets so caught up in it.

I don’t know if he will come back, i hope so.

36. By FloridaFan on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

as I’ve said chilly has visited him several times and has been in touch. I am sure he knows about the injury. if its still swollen its easy to see. not drafting a qb has nothing to do with brett. the vikings did not like the qb class, what is so hard to understand about that. many teams passed on clausen and mccoy some in more need of a qb than the vikings would be if TJ had to start.
    and as far as announcing it now so he can miss camp. why would that matter. chilly is already on record saying brett could follow the same timeline as last year so he didn’t need an excuse to miss camp. some of you haters are so transparent.

37. By FloridaFan on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Brett has released a statement with additonal information. it is on his official website. anyone interested can get the details direct from brett rather than espn.

38. By Allen on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

The way Brett messed up the team was more pyschological than anything because both Tavarius and Sage were poised to batte for the starting position and then poof after much time of wondering and waiting Brett shows up which is actually the same junk that Brett played in GB, NJ, and is playing here with his injuries and retirement which both GB and NJ got sick of and decided to part ways not Brett.
    Wolfe and Childress are only putting up with Brett because he plays the same kind of mind games with his teammates and fans just like Wolfe and Childress do.
    If you guys haven’t nor Childress has figured it out yet but if the Vikings don’t get a new stadium by this time next year Wolfe will be moving the team to a market that will give into his stadium demands and put up with his wishy washy ownership.

39. By Pat the Viking on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Surgery, NO one wants to hear this word. It scares us all, a little. I think Brett should go ahead and have the Surgery now, cause if he doesn’t later in life this injury will wear him down. Then, if he feels that he could play another season, come on back and play. But, if he’s ready to retire, he should retire.

CAMP ? What??? The man is in his Forties. If, he wanted to come to camp – I would let him watch film or do what he wants to do ( even if, he wants to cut the grass or weed eat ).

His presents at the Vikings will lift Everyone up to the NEXT level of competitiveness.

40. By FloridaFan on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Allen that is the sillest post i’ve ever read. mind games? really? first of all
    you can’t fake an arm injury or an ankle injury. he had surgery and when he was ready to play he signed. the vikings had a choice to move on or wait. they chose to wait. as far as TJ and sage go, teams bring in players all the time to compete. it’s no different than bringing in another WR or RB. I’m sure Jason campbell felt the same as TJ did when McNabb was brought in. it’s life in the NFL. I’ts hilarious to me how the petty packer fans just can’t let go. if you’re so glad he’s gone from your team, that’s great. then why are you here
    complaining. Brett’s playing doesn’t effect you.

41. By john williams on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

You Vikings fans are a piece of work. “oh please come back Brett and help us make the world look at how great and wonderful all of us in the great state of Minnesota are..oh please Brett you are our God” He is selfish and is just out for himself. Get over the man crush and maybe win a Super Bowl sometime in the next 35 years since you didn’t win one in the last 35 years.

42. By Paul#4 on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

A Message from Brett

While my ankle has been bothering me, the injury is not debilitating. For example, I’m able to work around my property without any problems. Sure — certain exercises cause some ankle pain, but it’s nothing that I haven’t experienced (or played with) before. In fact, many people don’t realize that I injured my ankle before the NFC Championship game. I’ve had surgery on this ankle twice before, and I’ve played with the pain before. The hits I took throughout the 2009 season, including the Saints game, just added to the ankle pain and likely caused some bone spurs.

43. By Andrew P on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Bretts Favre is the best QB to ever play the game. He says on his official website that this is not a debilitating injury and it is just a minor surgery. With that statement alone it sounds like Brett wants to play, therfore he will likely have the surgery and recover to come back and lead us on another magical season. Can’t wait for Brett to come back and lead us all the way to the Super Bowl this year!!!!

44. By evalu8er on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

I hope this is not the end of watching the most exciting player in the history of the NFL. Brett, you sure have earned your right to do whatever you need to and I know you are a new Grandfather, so there is probably plenty to do at home.

Know, we love you, thanks for the most exciting football ever, hope to see you back in some capacity!

45. By bass8 on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

I would love to see Brett come back BUT I would never want to see him get banged around again like the New Orleans game… I hope he gets the surgery and feels well enough to play. WE ALL KNOW HE WILL GIVE HIS ALL IF HE DOES COME BACK!!!! Also, the Vikings have made good decisions right along. I am not sure where people like Vproman get off questioning why or why not they didn’t get a certain quarterback. Gotta give credit where it is due, with the front office and coaches and stop blaming Brett. Or are you really a Green Bay fan dressed in drag?

46. By JOSH on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

HAHAHAHAHAHA HERE WE GO AGAIN BRETT FAVRE MANIA #2 AND I LOVE IT , HE’S THE BEST QB EVER AND HE DESERVES THE SPOT LIGHT, HE WILL BE BACK.

47. By ray on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Training camp has nothing to do with favre,last season wilf and chilly stated favre does not need to attend training camp.some of you need to remember whats going on before typing it’s because of training camp.another site packers fans keeps on saying favre doing this to get out of camp but then again them packers fans are idiot and hates favre,they blew it by letting favre go.

48. By Bruce on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

***UPDATE*** Read between the lines….Favre said…. “a sense of belonging” and he also said “wonderful experience that I had last year with the Vikings”
    ITS OBVIOUS, Favre is going to be coming back. The Packers (Ted) wanted to move on with Rodgers and Favre felt the heat and felt unwanted & unappreciated. He finally played for a team last year that WANTED hIm and with players that appreciated him. And BOY WHAT A YEAR HE HAD!!! Just goes to show you that LOVE always brings out the best in people! Welcome back Brett and I hope you have another fantastic year capped off with a Superbowl win!

49. By brutalturtle on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

favre will have the surgery not for the vikings but so he can chase his grandchild around we he does finally hang it up

50. By bass8 on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

GB GUY I CAN UNDERSTAND WHY YOU ARE DISAPPOINTED. YOU MUST’VE BEEN REALLY DISAPPOINTED IN BRETT LAST YEAR IN THE VIKINGS DOME AND LAMBEAU FIELD. MAYBE YOU ARE BLAMING THE WRONG GUY FOR YOUR DISAPPOINTMENT….TED THOMPSON COMES TO MIND HMMMM

51. By Dan Kuyek on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Favre has a clairication post on his web site. Basically saying it ain’t that bad and doesn’t need surgery to play next season.

52. By Lance on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

I have been a bodybuilder for 13 years. If all Brett has is bone spurs, then the recovery time is about 4 weeks. This will not keep him from playing. He is the NFL ironman. GO BRETT AND THE VIKINGS!

53. By Purple Heart on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Everyone chill !!!! Favre doesn’t need the surgery to play this season. If he chooses to have the surgery to alleviate some the pain and give him a little more dexterity, the recovery time is 3 to 6 weeks – big deal! Favre is going to report sometime in late July or August. He came in last year having not thrown one pass to any of our players and did pretty well. Now, having a season under his belt with his receiving core, he can rest as long as he wants and be fresh and strong when September comes. He is coming back, and the Vikings know it. He will lead the Vikes to victory in New Orleans on opening day- believe it.

54. By paul on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

He’ll come back after the first game, this way he avoids another N.O. beat down.

55. By Purple Heart on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Brett Favre is the toughest QB to ever play the game. He’s definitely not intimitated by the saints. He handed them a superbowl, now he wants it back.

56. By stephanie on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

let’s just get one thing straight…the Vikings knew about his ankle injury before the draft and even if they didn’t, they still need to get a QB for the future regardless if Brett returns for one more year. so before people start blaming Brett for the Vikings not drafting a QB, I’ve heard over and over how the QB draft class this year wasn’t that great, and that’s why so many other teams passed up on Clausen. wasn’t Tavaris Jackson supposed to be the future when he was drafted in the second round? there are no guarantees with any players and apparently the Vikings didn’t like their options at QB in the draft.

57. By MIke B on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

I am not worried about Farve coming back. I am sure he will be back. He doesn’t want to or feels the need to praticipate in the priliminary training. He will make his decision to play in July. He is a prima donna, but has the stats and talent to back it. I wasn’t happy with draft, nor am I worried about it. The team is basically intact from last year. This enough incentive to bring Farve back for one more year. TJack and Sage will be riding the pine again. Long time till season starts just wait and see. Go Vikings.

58. By Brett on May 1, 2010 | Reply

Oh shucks, sorry i failed to mention this lil surgery item before the draft as I was busy cuttin grass on my back 40 in Mississipi. I heard da Lions have a top rusher in Suh from Nebraska and I got ascared of gettin hurt again. Hopes to be seein all you down in Mississipi where I ride my mower.

59. By john on May 1, 2010 | Reply

I personally wish Brett nothing but the best no matter his choice. He has given so much to the game.
    All this noise. Seems like some of the best pro’s are on this post page and really need to be out mowing their yard!

60. By shedvl on May 1, 2010 | Reply

brett has earned his rights, he is and will always be the greatest and most exciting player to watch.green bay needs brett to retire. until he does ,green bay will never win their division. Rodgers will get season ending injury, green bay fans should be ashamed of their behavior towards brett. Bitter grapes…love the vikings now, with or without brett i will always hate the packers, and will always be a vikings fan!!

61. By Berserker on May 1, 2010 | Reply

Let’s take it to the oil and the mud on Sept 9…Taylor won’t be ther, but I would love to see Favre return to Vindicate the Vikes

62. By OLD SCHOOL on May 1, 2010 | Reply

WE ARE F%^&*$! I said this weeks ago, during the Free Agent Banaza that was going on with the Bears and giving up Chester and everything else….I said this, “We will not even WIN our Division”! With that schedule, starting the season off with a loss to New Orleans………..it’s all bad !

63. By carl on May 1, 2010 | Reply

old school I think you should be banned watching any vikings game in the future.

64. By PAVikesFan on May 1, 2010 | Reply

Been a while….I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in on the whole #4 thing. Do not take this man for a fool. He’s wily, he’s smart. He knows exactly what he’s doing. He has it all planned out. To let the public know now that he will require surgery, thus giving him an excuse to miss training camp and return by mid pre-season. It’s all in his plans, therefore, by announcing this, I am 100% sure he is coming back, it’s guaranteed

65. By OLD SCHOOL on May 1, 2010 | Reply

Why Carl ? Because I’m right ? Come and talk with me after the season is over and we had one Playoff game as a Wild Card and we are 1 and done because it will be an away game ! Just because I tell it the why it is….don’t hate! I love the Vikes….always have….but this is reality! Chester leaving will be huge for this team when comes time for third down conversions, the huge pass rushers that were aquired by the teams in our own division(Bears/Lions), our lack of ability to protect Brett(Mckinnie), Chester not there to come in for A.P. when he can’t hold on to the ball……must I go on?! It shows Carl that you are just not that football savy! Don’t hate me for it!

66. By OLD SCHOOL on May 1, 2010 | Reply

Not to mention the ? marks in our secondary and linsbacker spots(E.J.’s replacement…..Jasper????????????????

67. By OLD SCHOOL on May 1, 2010 | Reply

Greenbay will win this division with or without Brett and it kills me to say that but Greenbay will be a year better under Rodgers and that D they have now…will cause problems for us and the rest of the NFC! We will split with them.

68. By Lance on May 1, 2010 | Reply

Vikings will win the division. You bloggers need to think more positive. Absolutely ridiculous!!

69. By Elgar on May 1, 2010 | Reply

Miami should get that champagne chilled so the Vikings can drink it all. Timing is everything This stuff about Favre is just a smokescreen to prevent the idiots at ESPN from realizing how good Perrilloux is. The Vikings will go down to New Orleans and make them wish that they were only facing Katrina and some giant oil slick caused by Halliburton. They’ll run through the briars and they’ll run through the brambles. It’s time for some Old Testament School: an ankle injury for an ankle injury. Read up on your Deuteronomy, people. Happy trails, Drew! Enjoy the Curse of Madden. We’ve got an Everson Griffen monogrammed with your name on him.

70. By OLD SCHOOL on May 1, 2010 | Reply

I hope Elgar is right………………….I hope Allen and the boys will break Drew in half for some PAYBACK!!!!!! THAT WOULD MAKE MY SEASON RIGHT THERE!!!!

71. By john on May 1, 2010 | Reply

Go Elgar, GO!

72. By secondnature815 on May 2, 2010 | Reply

I think we should all build a Viking Ship float and take it down to Mississippi and have a “Come Back Brett Parade”!!!

73. By john on May 2, 2010 | Reply

You’ve got it S/N!

74. By fmfan on May 2, 2010 | Reply

Favre is on the roster and the ota’s are coming up. If he doesn’t show fine him big time. Who knows maybe he will play for free if he doesn’t have to do any camps.

75. By Vikingsfansince98 on May 2, 2010 | Reply

having him back for one more year would be great. also would give tjack and perrilloux extra time which i think would be needed for them to start which i very well could see perrilloux if hes still on the team be the start in 2011. the kid has tremendous talent and could be a key in winning in the near future as long as the kid can stay out of trouble. he is a freak of nature. also i cant wait to see how joe webb is used. possible punt/kickoff returner or splitting time of that with percy? and my favorite is him being the qb in a wildcat type offense. utilize him as a michael vick like player at that position. hes a freak and a player i can see as being a hidden gem in this years draft. just might take some time for him to refine his wr skills.

76. By secondnature815 on May 3, 2010 | Reply

OK Packer FaVre haters. Your loss is our gain and besides, I didn’t see no p in Brett’s last name, but I did see a BIG V. GO VIKES!!!!!

77. By dee expacker fan on May 3, 2010 | Reply

Haven’t been on here for a while but follow the news on Brett. I just want to say that I think he will be back and hope he does. Brett F. is far from perfect but he is the most exciting QB to watch that I have EVER seen. Whatever he decides, you just can’t take away all his fabulous stats. And you can not deny what a wonderful season he gave the Vikes for ’09. As far as I am concerned, the stupid refs. were unbelievably biased in the title game. The two really bad calls (or non-call as with one hit on Brett) clearly kept the Vikes from the S.B. Even with the turn-overs they should have won that game. Anyway, I do hate it when Packer fans get on here and blast Brett. He put them on the map and gave his blood, sweat, and tears to them for years. Ted T. just plain didn’t like him. So they put pressure on him to leave and that is a fact!! So, let’s give credit where it is due and blame where it lies.
    Go Vikes!!!! I’m going to pull for the Vikes forever-more no matter whether Brett comes back or not. He has made me a Viking fan. But please give us one more year Brett!!!!!!!!!!!WE love you.

78. By TexasViking on May 5, 2010 | Reply

I hope Brett comes back. Last year was AWESOME. Even though we were so close, it was still incredible. Brett has some unfinished business to attend too. He needs to come back and shove all the negative feedback about him right back into the faces of all the haters. Have that surgery Brett and get ready to come back and dominate like true Viking fans know you will…

79. By meswant on May 6, 2010 | Reply

I agree with secondnature815, but lets put Brett in the ship & sail him back!!! LOL!! Ok, but lets be serious, he will be back or he would have retired by now. He does not need to be there for training camp, lets face it, look at what he did last year. This year will be better cause he knows the guys now. He will be back, the Vikings will kick the Aints to start things going & we will win the SB!! I only hope it is in a new stadium.

80. By jwillia1 on May 6, 2010 | Reply

Everyone keeps saying there was nothing like the memorable 09 season What about 69 and 75 and 98 and those championship teams??? Oh that’s right. just like the 09 team those teams choked at the end Same old Vikes! You have to win a Super Bowl to make it a memorable season. But then you guys have no point of reference so your football naivety is totally understandable.