Vote For Offensive Play Of The Year

Posted by Mike Wobschall on April 8, 2010 – 12:46 pm

A couple of days ago I made a case for Ray Edwards winning the vikings.com 2009 Defensive Play of the Year voting despite Jared Allen being the heavy favorite to capture the most votes.

Now the vikings.com 2009 Offensive Play of the Year voting has begun and there is another heavy favorite – Brett Favre’s incredible TD pass to Greg Lewis in Week 3 against San Francisco. But this time I’m not making a case against the heavy favorite. Favre-to-Lewis in Week 3 should win.

But there are 3 other worthy plays involved in the voting, including Adrian Peterson’s incredible 64-yard TD run against Cleveland in Week 1. Click here to watch all 4 plays and then go to the home page to cast your vote.

Tags:

13 Responses to “Vote For Offensive Play Of The Year”

1. By Purpleman on Apr 8, 2010 | Reply

farve all the way.

2. By cjsiewert on Apr 8, 2010 | Reply

Favre’s TD pass was the best I’ve seen in a long time and has my vote, but AP’s run over, around and straight through Cleveland’s defenders was outstanding… set the tone for the season.

3. By PurplePeopleEater on Apr 8, 2010 | Reply

The pass play is more outstanding from the fact that it appeared more spectacular and had much more importance as it was the game winning score with 2 seconds left on the clock. But Peterson still deserves it more from the skill factor. I think few people would argue that the pass at the end of the 49ers game had a lot more to do with luck than skill (don’t get me wrong, it took plenty of skill to place the ball in the back of the endzone like that), while it was the exact opposite for APs run against the Browns.

4. By Bruce on Apr 8, 2010 | Reply

As impressive as Peterson’s run was, Favre escaping defenders and seeing Lewis running across the endzone. And then throwing the ball as he is getting hit and putting the ball where only Lewis can get it and winning the game in the last few seconds. Well… that was the most spectacular play I have ever seen!

5. By Purpleman on Apr 8, 2010 | Reply

Hey you guys could you all visit my site victoriusvikes.webs.com

It’s a blog on the vikings and it’s updated constantly. i would really appreciate this. Trust me once you see it you’ll want to come back.

Farves throw was way better. Of course you could say Lewis’s catch was the hardest part

6. By Bev Barninger on Apr 8, 2010 | Reply

Favre’s pass is definately my vote!

7. By Matt Schmiesing on Apr 9, 2010 | Reply

The touchdown pass to Greg Lewis is one of the biggest plays I’ve ever seen. I remember Adrian’s run against the Browns and that was incredible, but the Favre/Lewis pass takes the vote!

8. By Gary on Apr 9, 2010 | Reply

I think the pass was much more spectacular its what had brought favre to such a winning season

9. By Mattie Richards on Apr 9, 2010 | Reply

FAVRE’s pass gets my vote.

10. By guest on Apr 10, 2010 | Reply

we want Brett back!!

11. By fmfan on Apr 10, 2010 | Reply

to all you Favre lovers Brett throwing a pass is not a choice !!!

12. By Bruce on Apr 10, 2010 | Reply

You’re right fmfan, it’s a given ?;^)

13. By mizzou21 on Apr 19, 2010 | Reply

Brett took the championship game well. A lot of plays that should have been roughing the passer.fluke. that is the word that needs to bolded. But Brett looked great against the 49ers making the game winning touchdown