Earlier today, the Vikings 2010 preseason schedule was released. You can read more about that by clicking this link, but here are the key points:
Game 1 – August 13 or 14 at St. Louis
Game 2 – Sunday, August 22 at San Francisco – 7 p.m. on NBC
Game 3 – August 27 or 28 vs. Seattle
Game 4 – Thursday, September 2 vs. Denver
- Three of the four games are against teams from the NFC West. The Vikings went 3-1 vs. that division last year in the regular season, with the only loss coming against the Cardinals, who are the only team from said division Minnesota doesn’t play in the upcoming preseason.
- The exact dates / times the three games without said info may not be available for a while. Not a huge deal since they are just preseason games, but at the same time it’s frustrating that they don’t have that info buttoned down from the get-go.
- The Vikings play their first two games of the preseason on the road and then the final two at home. Always nice to have the third preseason game, often the only one that the starters play more than a few series, at home.
- Pretty cool to have a Sunday night game that’s nationally televised on NBC.
- In the first game against St. Louis, the Rams could be showcasing a high-end rookie quarterback, since they have the first overall pick in the Draft.
- The Seahawks could have a much different feel to them than they did last November when the Vikings beat them at Mall of America Field, with new head coach Pete Carroll at the helm.
- Wonder if the 49ers are a little steamed still given the way the last meeting between these two teams ended?
What are your thoughts?
Posted in All | 28 Comments »
For the 3rd straight year, vikings.com is feeding off the hype of March Madness and doing a weekly feature called Mock Madness, which tracks the draft projections of several national football observers, such as Pat Kirwan of NFL.com and both Mel Kiper, Jr. and Todd McShay of ESPN.
The feature began 2 weeks ago with Mock Madness 1.0 and continues this week, with added experts and projections.
To view Mock Madness 3.0, click here.
Posted in All, Mike Wobschall | 16 Comments »