A Thousand Thanks After 1,000 Entries

Posted by Mike Wobschall on March 25, 2010 – 2:10 pm

We’ve reached a milestone here on the vikings.com Blog – our 1,000th entry. But before we get to the 1,001st entry, we want to thank you for being here to share the first 1,000.

The vikings.com Blog as we now know it was born when vikings.com was re-launched last summer. The 1,000 entries that we’ve posted since that point are evidence of our intentions to deliver you the most accurate and comprehensive Vikings coverage possible. But the more than 11,000 comments that have been posted after those entries is a clear indication of your passion for the Vikings and interest in the NFL.

There’s a lot to look forward to on the vikings.com Blog this offseason, from draft coverage  to speculation about Brett Favre’s status for 2010 to periodic glances around the NFC North, so please continue visiting us.

Whether you’re a long-time reader of the vikings.com Blog or a new visitor to the site, we’d like to say “thank you” for your readership and support. We promise to continue improving our product and we look forward to the next 1,000 entries.

15 Responses to “A Thousand Thanks After 1,000 Entries”

1. By jbork88 on Mar 25, 2010 | Reply

less than a month til the draft!

2. By Lance on Mar 25, 2010 | Reply

Please come back Brett Favre!!!

3. By PurpleNurple on Mar 25, 2010 | Reply

I hope that this (1000+ blogs) hasn’t been the goal all along. I’ve had trouble keeping track of conversations because new blogs get in the way all too quickly. Many of these new blogs are often boring and/or irrelevant to the team. Over the past year, quantity has been far more noticeable than quality, which wasn’t the case nearly so much in the previous version.

4. By mikewobschall on Mar 25, 2010 | Reply

The goal is not quantity over quality, the goal is quantity and quality. We want to keep the site and blog as fresh and current as possible while also fostering an atmosphere that encourages conversation and opinion exchange.

5. By Andrew P on Mar 25, 2010 | Reply

Congratulations on the success of the blogs, Ive found them to be helpful and found the information I was in search of. Keep up on the awesome reporting and as it always is GO VIKINGS!!!!

6. By michandre on Mar 25, 2010 | Reply

Congrats on the 1,000 entries. I admit that sometimes things move faster than I can keep up, but I enjoy reading all the news and developments.

7. By skwurl_27 on Mar 25, 2010 | Reply

Brett Favre is Captain Awesome!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeease come back!!!!!!

Skol Vikes!!

8. By Bryan Freese on Mar 25, 2010 | Reply

Congratulations! Here’s to 1,000,000 blogs! Hoistin a Hamm’s or ten, cheers!! Skol Vikes!!

9. By kiera on Mar 25, 2010 | Reply

Congrats!!!

10. By Tim 15 years old and lovin the vikings since 3 on Mar 25, 2010 | Reply

Congrats with the blog… I love the fact that facebook put up that sign in favre’s home town haha im 100% sure he is comming back and i only think LT would be the icing on the cake… all he wants is some running and a Ring the thing is is he will get some more running in NY but he wont be getting that ring he was hopeful of he had a chance at the ring but he decided against it thats what i think

I No all that was random but hey maybe it will start more talks

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. By Tim 15 years old and lovin the vikings since 3 on Mar 25, 2010 | Reply

I No all that was random but hey maybe it will start more talks

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. By guest on Mar 26, 2010 | Reply

Hey Viking fans!! If you want Brett to come back one more year, please watch this video! Enjoy!! :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vc7GO0wd00

13. By Robin S. on Mar 26, 2010 | Reply

Please come back Brett! You are the greatest and you make your team the greatest! At least one more year please! We love watching you play! You are awesome! We all love you and admire you!!! You make your team complete!

14. By bass8 on Mar 27, 2010 | Reply

I want to congratulate you on an awesome website. I HAD been a Packer fan for over 40 years. Followed Brett to New York, still a Brett fan NOT a Jets fan. But I have to tell you in all honesty…I AM NOW A BRETT FAN AND I CONSIDER MYSELF A TRUE VIKINGS FAN. Not, only because of the way you all embraced Brett but also because of the true passion the Vikings players and fans have….I, too, would love to see Brett play again. But I gotta tell you, this is one Wisconsin fan who will be following the Vikings for years to come…..In the words of Brett Favre…the best team he has played on….GO VIKINGS!! STAY BRETT!!(Next year…SUPER BOWL!!!)

15. By Favreking on Mar 27, 2010 | Reply

I’m in total agreement with Bass8 above. Since Brett left Green Bay, I have no use for the FudgePackers. I followed Brett to the Jets and saw the blame he took from some team mates despite playing with a torn biceps tendon. The Vikings players and fans have now embraced him, as he led them to the only undefeated home record in the NFL, and then to the doorstep of the Super Bowl, where the 12 men in the huddle debacle prevented their Super Bowl appearance. Brett not only had his best season statistically, but helped make many of his team mates better players. His leadership and enthusiasm for the game are unsurpassed. Now, if AP can produce his best season, Rice and Harvin and many of our other young players should only get better, and Brett comes back at the helm, this Viking ship should sail all the way to the Promised Land. Lets doooo this!!!!!