Favre Still Uncertain About Future, Praises Vikings Fans

Posted by Ryan Cardinal on March 4, 2010 – 8:17 pm

Vikings QB Brett Favre appeared on “The Tonight Show” with Jay Leno tonight and said that he’s still uncertain about his future and hasn’t decided if he’ll return for another season with the Vikings.

“Well Jay, it’s only been a month, and I know now that I’m just not going to say anything anytime soon, just going to kind of sit back, relax, enjoy the offseason,” Favre said.

“Obviously had we gone to the Super Bowl that would have been the icing on the cake, but it was way better than even I could have dreamed of,” Favre said. “I’ve told people I really believe my biggest accomplishment this year was winning over the majority of the Vikings’ fans. For so many years I was hated.”

Favre also gave praise to Vikings fans.

“I tell people I really believe my biggest accomplishment this year was winning over the majority of the Vikings Fans.  For so many years I was hated there.”

vikings.com will have the on-demand video of Favre’s appearance available when NBC posts the video on its website, which should be on Friday morning.

Posted in All | 33 Comments »

33 Responses to “Favre Still Uncertain About Future, Praises Vikings Fans”

1. By BOB on Mar 4, 2010 | Reply

I just hope Brett makes his decision quickly this time as we’re full speed into the Free Agency and Draft. The team needs a solid starter to replace him if he’s going to take retirement.

Personally I think Brett needs to play his last season as the Number 2 guy, play the same roll as Jim McMahon played when he came to us for his last year after the bears…

2. By Will on Mar 4, 2010 | Reply

please brett. the vikings need you. come back. please!!!

3. By medicineball on Mar 4, 2010 | Reply

We love Brett Favre.

4. By Austin on Mar 4, 2010 | Reply

Personally I think that the Vikings would have done better last year without Brett Favre. They made the playoffs last year with an inexperienced team and they also had a 10-6 record which is only 2 losses more.

I also think that the only reason Brett Favre did so well this year is because the Vikings had a solid team.

5. By anthony on Mar 4, 2010 | Reply

no they did it for the experience and look at what he did with this team i can name 3 things off the top of my head
    sidney rice
    percy harvin
    tavaris jackson

6. By Eric E. Rudolph on Mar 4, 2010 | Reply

Brett Favre made the season extremely enjoyable to watch. The Vikings Fans loved this season, we really want him back for another. Brett, you made us proud this year. Vikings fans across the country can’t wait to see you play in Vikings purple again. Let’s go Favre! Let’s go Vikings!

7. By Andrew P on Mar 4, 2010 | Reply

One more year Brett, you make football more enjoyable. You are am ispiration to Vikings fans and football fans everywhere!!!! You have helped this team become a pure powerhouse and can easily get us to the big game this season, please come back and give us another exciting season!!!!

8. By rick m on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Brett, youre a blast to watch. A pro really having fun! You even had my wife wearing purple on each gameday. The vikings need you, heck, football needs you!

9. By Stephanie on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

no BOB, that would be stupid. and Brett would never come back to be a back-up. no one in his situation would. and no one in their right mind would make him a back-up after he had his best season ever. if you don’t like Brett, just say it.

and Austin, the only difference between the 2008 and 2009 team was basically there were a couple rookies on the offensive line, Percy Harvin, and Brett Favre. The team went from something like 28th in passing to 5th in passing and scored an average of about 7 points more per game this season. You think Favre didn’t have something to do with it? I can’t stand haters. ignoring all the facts. did you watch Tavaris Jackson last season AT HOME against the Eagles? all last season I thought about how dangerous the Vikings would be if they just had a great QB. there are a lot of QB’s that can “run around” but that doesn’t make them great QBs

10. By Sara on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

see you this fall, brett ; )

11. By Jimbodraw on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Brett, we love you and want you back. If you can find it in yourself to help us out, go for it. You know you’d have a blast, and we need you!

12. By viking1961 on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

It’s just a guess, but he did say ‘enjoy the off season.’ I don’t think he’d say that if he had decided to retire.

13. By Kendrik on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Brett is coming back I seen that smirk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. By Portia11 on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

I credit Brett with Percy’s rookie of the year.His mentoring as much as his
    abilities as a QB. One.More.Year.

15. By Rich on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

As much i love what favre did for us this past season taking us as far as he did. The team cant wait till training camp starts for him to make a decision. If favre decides to retire than we need a QB to train and get to know the team. The longer he takes to decide the less chances we may have of picking up a good QB. I hope he comes back for final year but if not decide soon so team can move forward and get the tools we need to win next year without Brett.

16. By TJMGold on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

The 2009 season was a blast. Never before had I looked forward to Sundays with so much anticipation. It’s a shame the way the season ended, but the Vikes were still the best team in the NFL in my eyes. I think Brett knows it too and he’ll want one final chance to prove it. GO #4! and GO VIKES!

17. By Vikes Fan 4 life on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

WE LOVE YOU BRETT!!! COME BAAAAACK!!

18. By Malte on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

No doubt that we will do great with or without Brett Favre. The vikings is the greatest team in NFL overall. got great defence, great offence.. Yes we did make the playoffs without brett favre the year before, and yes we did had a great offence and defence going, but NO DOUBT AT ALL about brett favre improved the entire team, inproved the confidence at the receivers, the o-line, and knowing you have brett favre under center makes it more certain that you will end up being the cheering team at the end. I do hope Brett comes back for another year, but it will not change our sitaution at all this draft / free agency. We know in 2 years brett will certainly not be along us, so we got to either have confidence in Tavaris jackson or get another QB in draft / free agency, cause in 2 years we will need one. and the defence still needs to inprove regardless of brett being there or not, we can wait untill week 3 and if brett decides to come back, our armes would be wide open .. :)

sorry for my bad english, i’m from denmark, hope you understand my comment ;)

19. By secondnature815 on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

This was the one of the best years for the Vikings in a long time and we have Brett Favre to thank for it. Yes the rest of the team is very good, but it takes all of the ingredients to make a good team. He makes a good team great and with Brett the Vikings are GREAT!!! C’mon Brett strike fear in the rest of the NFL and say what Arnold said, “I’ll be back!”

20. By GW on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

There may things going on within the team this we don’t know about. One of them could be the fact that Favre has planned to come back all alone and certain staff members know that. Although with the season he had last year he should be able to dictate the terms to do so. It would be easy for us to say “come on Brett, be a man and make a decision so the team can move on”. The fact of the matter is this team needs to move on anyway. With of without Brett Favre. Brett is a short term solution to a long term QB problem. We need to get a quality QB ASAP anyway. This team has the dynamics to be a dynasty team. We need a dynasty leader to lead a dynasty team. That also includes a coach that can make the right call at the right team. In fairness to Childress, he did get better at that as the season progressed. We have plenty of bait on this team that other teams would be chomping at the bit to have. Lets start building for the future. If Brett comes back great. If not, so be it.

21. By Kathy on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

I live in Wisconsin & have loved watching Brett for years. I can’t stand the thought of football without him. The Vikings definately have all the pieces in place to go all the way. If not for some questionable calls in the championship game, they would have been there this year. Now it’s time to get past that & look 4-ward. I think Brett will be back & the Vikings will be in the Super Bowl (and win it!!). Brett & the Vikings ROCK!!!

22. By Terri on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

OK, So I have never done this before, but I just want Brett to know that I grew up in Wisconsin and was naturally a Packer fan (I still am). However, when my team treated Brett the way they did, something in my loyalty was lost. I am not your average football fan who can quote names and statistics. I am a middle aged women who watched Brett grow up. He is only 2 years older than my son and they actually have quite a resemblance. My heart broke for him those couple years. But, last year my husband and I enjoyed watching him play again. Thank you Brett for a great year. We will be Viking fans as long as you are with them.

23. By Lee Osborne on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Brett the vikings fans love you and we want to see you come back and help us get to Dallas in 2011. GO VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And thank you for such a 1. 2. 3. KICK ASS season last year. it was a great ride. Im a die hard viking fan and i hate the packers but i always used to watch you play with them and when you came on to the purple and gold side it was that much sweeter man !!! My family loves you and the vikings fans love you and we hope to see you next season.. GO VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!

24. By steve scott on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

I hoe brett comes back we need him .
    but is it true that randy moss wants to come back and play in minnesota with him ..and the vikings are thinking about it ????

25. By Lila on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

I know you’ll be back Brett. This is too good of a team right now NOT to come back for another shot at it. We need you.
    Go Vikings! Let’s get that ring.

26. By tko on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

GOOOOOOOOOOO VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. By tko on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Does anyone really believe that alot of these decisions are made well before they are made public? I don’t for one minute think that the Vikings coaches and front office didn’t know well in advance that Farve would be in MN. last season. Childress already made some comments about how you practice a 40+ yr. old QB. Is training camp a smart thing to put them through…… etc…….etc……..ect…… Just sit back and relax Vikings Fans, The Silver Fox will be play yet again! Preseason is all the warm-up a player of his caliber needs. He is a warrior that loves the game and loves to win. You can never beat a fighter that feels no pain!!! See you later this year Brett ! GOOOOOOOOOOOO VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. By TW VIKE on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Hes coming back !!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!

29. By NDVikesFAn on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

I think he comes back, too. The end of last season, coupled with the pure enjoyment that you could see him taking out of last season, are going to drive him to finish out his career with a Super Bowl ring in 2011. He was the missing link between the 2008 and 2009 seasons-a leader in the huddle that the rest of the team could rally around. And his work with our young receivers was so much fun to watch as the season progressed.
    Even though he was a Packer, in the last 8-10 years I would always enjoy watching him play (when he wasn’t playing our Vikings), and I always told my Packer friends that he would look great in Viking Purple. He didn’t prove me wrong, and I want one more year, because I think now the entire team has the hunger of being soooo close.

30. By vikingone on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Farve will come back but if he keeps getting hammered on the line he won’t last long.No qb can keep taking the punishment that he took and be productive.The o line need to protect their qb.keep chester get rid of peterson for a reliable running back that can hang on to the ball.

31. By Lance on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Favre rocks!!!!

32. By Dennis on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

It’s all about the O line…protect Farve at all cost and open up holes for the running game. If you can keep Farve off his back and let him only pass when he see’s what he likes, he will pick any defense apart. He will be back. He’s loved and he knows it. You saw it on Leno. He seemed surprised at the welcome he got.

33. By Matt on Mar 6, 2010 | Reply

Brett, you gave us the best year at QB we have seen since probably cunningham in 98. You brought energy and professionalism to the locker room, and got the dome rockin. I would love to see you back in purple for another run at the bowl.
    I cant speak for the rest of the vikings nation, but i always hated favres uniform, but never the man. How can you not love and respect him? As soon as he dropped the green and yellow i was an out of the closet favre fan lol.
    And i agree with dennis, the saints beat favre up in that game, esp the illegal “high/low” hit that injured him, but wasnt called (grr). The o-line needs to step up a notch.