vikings.com Mailbag Is Posted

Posted by Mike Wobschall on February 1, 2010 – 11:11 am

Today’s vikings.com Mailbag feature is posted. You can read it by clicking here.

If you have a comment or question you’d like posted in next week’s mailbag feature, send an email to me at wobschallm@vikings.nfl.net.

We’ll post the mailbag each Monday during the offseason. Remember to include your name and town on all emails. We can’t post every question/comment but we’ll respond to each question.

24 Responses to “vikings.com Mailbag Is Posted”

1. By Stu Donaldson on Feb 1, 2010 | Reply

First of all thanks to the Vikes for a great season. My question concerns the officiating. It appeared to me (and maybe only me) that in overtime the pass interference call against the Vikes was a bogus call. Do these calls ever get reviewed by the league and is there any consequence to the offical? S. Donaldson

2. By mikewobschall on Feb 1, 2010 | Reply

Yes, every call is reviewed by the league and there are consequences for the officials when they make mistakes. Most of the time, though, those consequences remain private. And I think that’s how it should be. The officials are out there trying their best to make the right call. So, when they make a mistake, I think they should be held accountable by the NFL but they shouldn’t be chastised by the media or fans.

3. By m. andre on Feb 1, 2010 | Reply

I enjoyed reading this week’s mailbag questions. I’ll be back to read more each week.

4. By Brian King on Feb 1, 2010 | Reply

Yes, on the NFL channel they had the head of the refs give comments on each controversial call made during that game. The ref boss said that some reviews were inconclusive (he stated you need to have blatantly obvious error on review film to overturn). He seemed to support his guys’ decisions whenever possible. But there were indeed a few blatantly obvious errors that the refs made during that game (which helped the Saints) and the ref boss did admit to those. One example was how Brett was hit at the knees (“brady rule”) which should have been a 15 yard penalty. That foul really hurt Brett’s ankle, which is likely the reason he could not run for yardage on that final play, and therefore the desperate pass was the only chance.

If it were not for that inexcusable “12 men on the field” penalty (not Brett’s fault), then he never would have been forced into that do-or-die pass situation to try to get them back into field goal range. He already had the game won before that lame penalty that put them out of field goal range. It angers me to when people who have no idea of what really happened during that game put the blame on Brett’s interception. If he didn’t go for it, the end result would have been the same anyway (OT).

Hopefully, the Vikings offensive line will do a better job of protecting Brett in the future. That should be the #1 priority going forward, in addition to AP not allowing the other team’s defense to strip him of the ball.

5. By Terry T on Feb 1, 2010 | Reply

I am a Brett fan, ex packer fan and loved the vikings this season. I have mixed feeling about Brett returing. I love to watch him, but hope he gets away without serious injury so he can enjoy his hunting. He is a super athlete, and I cried when I saw how my fellow Wisconsinites treated him on the Monday night game. They do not realize what they had. I hope the vikes appreciate his efforts.

6. By Robin S. on Feb 1, 2010 | Reply

I already miss Brett and his Vikings team. Thanks for bringing so much joy to all of us fans. We love you and are so proud of all of you. I hope Brett and all of you come back next year and win the Super Bowl. That is the plan. It was really fun for us to watch the chemistry that our team had. Brett brought out the best in everyone. Congratulations for getting as far as you did the first year. Thank you. Rest and come back stronger then ever. Please protect Brett so he doesn’t ever have to go through what he did in the last game. Thanks again!! We love you Brett! You have our total respect.

7. By Nancy W on Feb 2, 2010 | Reply

I think that when a ref is reprimanded for a bad call that resulted in the loss of an important game such as what happen with New Orleans we as fans have a right including the players to know The ref should of also told the coach on that team If one more of your guys pull another stunt like that and the other down right obvious illegal hits They will be eliminated asap of that game and further games if it continues It sure seems as though it was a kill farve feast Like someone got paid awfull well to make sure Vikes loss It has been known to happen I sure hope Brett will return and if he does for god sake get him some freaks to protect him this time It seems like sometimes that front line just didnt do anything Like they were on vacation or something on the games that were lost Those were the times Brett got slammed from one end to the other PLEASE GET HIM BACK FOR ONE LAST ROUND IT AINT OVER TILL THE FAT LADY SINGS LOL Just get him back

8. By Derek on Feb 2, 2010 | Reply

I really hope the Vikings sign Chester for another 3-5 years. He’s a great player, at running and catching on 3rd down. Well its up to Chester on what he wants to do. Please sign back with the Vikes CHESTER!

9. By paul on Feb 2, 2010 | Reply

check out Favres injury pics.

go to ( jsonline) click on greg matzeks blog

10. By paul on Feb 2, 2010 | Reply

check out Favres injury pics.

go to (sportsjsonline) greg matzeks blog

11. By Brian King on Feb 2, 2010 | Reply

Paul: Thank you for posting about the injury pics. Here is the link:

Derek: Yes, Chester Taylor is greatly needed !

12. By Robin S. on Feb 2, 2010 | Reply

I looked at those pictures and you can’t tell who the injured ankle belongs to. I hope the Colts beat the Saints. The Saints play too dirty. I hope Chester Taylor comes back. He is great. I never saw him fumble a ball. We need him. Someone that doesn’t fumble is a great asset for us. Thanks for a great year! Love Brett and his Vikings!

13. By fmfan on Feb 3, 2010 | Reply

Those picts. could be of anybody. I remember him rolling out before throwing that pass and he didn’t seem to be hobbling.

14. By Cork on Feb 3, 2010 | Reply

WHERE HAVE YOU GONE BUD GRANT?….the Vikings ARE snake-bitten and will NEVER win a Super Bowl…since the retirement of Bud Grant, the Vikes have only given up a glimpse of enjoyment but buckets-full of purple pain…how many teams finish the regular season 15-1 and DON’T make the super bowl?…from Les Steckel to Dennis Green to Brad Childress the coaching as been marginal at best….the Vikes could have 15 All-Pro players and they STILL won’t make it to the SB…hey, Vikes fans, savor this…be content that we did not make the SB cause we would have blown that game easily…if I’m Adrian Peterson I ask to be traded ASAP….once they moved into the dome stadium and thereby relinquishing their domeless advantage they lost their only chip to win the SB…I am 58 and have witnessed ALL of the Viking failures…I only hope that sometime after I have passed the Nordsmen finally get it right!!!!!….

15. By Kerry on Feb 3, 2010 | Reply

Hey Cork, I have to agree that the coaching hasn’t been the greatest in the past several, but even Grant was unable to get a superbowl win. I was at the Cowboy game this year and saw an incredible Viking team. Yes, they really should be the ones in the SB this year. The Saints didn’t win that game as much as the Vikings absolutely lost it. Everything is in place for another great year next year, and we just can’t give up and get cynical. I think that even if Favre doesn’t return the Vikings have a great chance of getting back to having a shot at going to the big dance. My view of the Saints is this: Willimams knows that his defense is lousy and can’t hold down a good team, so he resorts to using “remember me” shots on the QB. There is another name for those hits–CHEAP SHOTS. The Sts. got away with some in that game! Still, the Vikes can’t expect to win games when they turn the ball over 5 times. They really have no one to blame but themselves, including Childress, who takes responsibility for the 12/man in the huddle penalty and should take responsibility for the poor play calling on that last drive.

16. By jbork88 on Feb 3, 2010 | Reply

the 2004 steelers went 15-1 and lost the cnferance champiionship

17. By jbork88 on Feb 3, 2010 | Reply

i could care less about championships, if the vikings give us a good regualr season and a hope for a superbowl i am happy. and the vikings have done that. 26 times

18. By jbork88 on Feb 3, 2010 | Reply

the vikings are a franchise of winners, only 4 other teams have higher winning percentages than them, they are bound to get a superbowl one of these years.

19. By asd sdfa on Feb 4, 2010 | Reply

Sleepflower From Despair To Where La Tristesse Durera (Scream To A Sigh)

Yourself Life Becoming A Landslide Drug Drug Druggy Roses In The Hospital

Nostalgic PusheadAbercrombie Fitch

20. By Douglas Que on Feb 4, 2010 | Reply

I’m surprised they didn’t give it to Peyton Manning. The whole league is on his d*ck. If anyone remembers Peyton was horrible in the playoffs. He threw INT and the Colts were usually a one and done team. Even when they finally won that Super Bowl in 2006 they went back to being 1 and done in the playoffs losing to Chargers twice. Manning’s good in the regular season, he always manage to win 12+ games but people are forgetting that he couldn’t win a playoff game. For a QB and his team that wins 12 games a year and always make the playoff for the past 11 years but only has ONE Super Bowl appearance: I guess what I’m saying is why is the league saying that Peyton Manning is the best? I wasn’t gonna root for the Saints but I hope they knock his ass out like Warner and Favre and he throws 3 INT like Brady. Anyone have any thoughts?….(I brought it up because people are STILL talking about the Brett Favre INT)

21. By TW Vike on Feb 7, 2010 | Reply

Douglas Que- I am not a Peyton fan but he is the NFLs poster boy. If the Saints so much as get afinger on him after throws the ball, the flags will fly. Hes not nearly as tough as Warner & Favre. Peytons not used to getting knocked around, so if the Saints can get to him, they have a chance. If they dont, Peyton will pick them apart. With a meager running attack, its on him. I still pick the Colts, 44-17.

22. By Julio on Feb 7, 2010 | Reply

THANKS BRETT FAVRE,NEW ORLEANS ARE SB CHAMPS AND YOU WERE 19 SECONDS AWAY FROM THE SB HOW DOES IT FEEL? YOU CLOWN.

23. By TW Vike on Feb 7, 2010 | Reply

Julie- You are a ASS CLOWN !

24. By free baby products blog on Jul 24, 2013 | Reply

Hey very nice site!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .
    . I’ll bookmark your blog and take the feeds also? I’m glad to seek out numerous
    helpful info right here within the publish, we
    want develop extra techniques in this regard, thanks
    for sharing. . . . . .