Childress: No Timetable Or Expectation On Favre Decision

Posted by Mike Wobschall on January 27, 2010 – 7:08 am

The #1 question surround the Vikings this offseason, at least until it’s answered, is “Will Brett Favre be back?”

We’ll save our speculation on it for another day and point out instead that Vikings Head Coach Brad Childress told reporters at Winter Park on Tuesday that he doesn’t have a timeline for a decision from Favre and that he won’t be surprised with the future Hall of Famer’s decision either way.

I just visited with him this morning in the training room,” Childress said. “He’s been here for a couple days getting treatment. (He’s) pretty beat up after that game, even though he was not sacked. But we didn’t really have any meaningful conversation about what’s next aside from he was catching a plane to head home late this morning.”

Asked if any delay in Favre’s decision would make planning more difficult, Childress indicated that the tea m would be fine either way in regard to the salary cap and later in the press conference he said the team would address the issue of bringing a 3rd QB with them to camp when they knew more about Favre’s status.

Childress was then asked what his expectation was regarding Favre’s decision.

“I don’t have an expectation,” Childress said. “I know that he had a great experience here. I know it too well to know that the emotions are a little bit raw right now, that we’re still too close to it. He’s earned his time to be able to step away from it and talk to his family and figure out what he wants to do. I don’t have a strong expectation one way or the other. It would not surprise me one way or the other.”

114 Responses to “Childress: No Timetable Or Expectation On Favre Decision”

1. By Wesley Savoy on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

This is an open letter to Brett Favre to help make him realize that retirement is not a good option!

First, Brett Favre your the epitome of a person that strives to learn, moves forward and battles to conquer his demons as you grow through life’s learned lessons both on and off the field.

Brett , you may not realize it, but, you have un-intentionally given yourself a second life as a starting quarter back in the NFL that could have you playing another 2-4 years of not good, but
    GREAT football!!!

First you have a great coach and management team with the Vikings organization that not only appreciates your ability, (unlike what you were getting from the Packers organization in your final few years), but they understand how you think and what matters to you. You also have a GREAT bunch of young super talented guys around you, Your Team Mates which are as hunger for the Super Bowl Championship Ring as you are after the lose.

Brett, you said it yourself in an interview not to long ago that to win, “it’s the chemistry of the right players at the right time of the moment” which is very finite. Well, this is the moment, but unbeknownst to you Brett, this first year with the Vikings is just the start of what’s to come. Sometimes when things are happening in ones life that’s going great, (“better then one could hope for”) the euphoria one experiences can give them the sense of “this is it”, which can and does happen to most people who experience this and then they stop, and give up on the fact that maybe it’s only the beginning of something more, much more!

I know it’s easy to sit here and write what I think, it’s not what I think, it’s what I know!

Brett, listening to you over the season on how you felt and how you were feeling from week to week not only mentally but physically, you did not feel your age! As you stated “I felt the best in years”, you felt reenergized, and it showed. You played like a 30 year old veteran in his prime, not some 40+ year old trying to recapture his by gone glory years. Brett you know more then anybody that you have more to give, you learnt more about the game and more about yourself this last season.

There is no doubt that during the NFC Championship game you felt your age (maybe a little older then your age), but anyone who took the pounding that you did Brett, would too. Just ask Kurt Warner and Tony Romo how old they felt in there loses?

But there is something more to why your not finished with the game that has given you so much, and what you Brett, have given so much to the game! And that’s something that only you know!

There is no doubt that you may want to retire. I know what it’s like to try and make a decision and not be 110% sure whether the decision is right until you’ve made it. Only once you’ve committed to a decision will you know if it is the right decision. Because what ever the decision it is that you make, when you make it, and only if it STICKS without any, and I mean ANY regret, only then will you know that you made the right decision.

Before you make that decision, DON”T short change yourself. This is a once in a life time opportunity that almost nobody gets in their life time, ever, and you have it right in your hands for the second time.

It’s better to try, and fail then to say NO! There is never regret in ones trying and failing, because you pushed on. But saying NO to not just any opportunity, but this opportunity that is here and now, and yours to make your own, that is a regret that time could never heal.

If your decision is retirement, I’m sure that I’m not the only one hoping for it not to stick! I’m sure everyone in Minnesota (including myself) will be hoping right up until the kick-off of the first regular season game that it doesn’t stick.

Hope to see you on the playing field.

From you biggest fan in Canada,
    Wes

2. By m. andre on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

I honestly don’t think experiencing tough, physical play will be the main reason Favre will consider whether to return or not. I imagine it will just be a gut feeling and whether there is a sense that he “belongs” out there. I am sure it would be easy for family reasons to do other things. I suspect if he believes he has “nothing to prove” as he has states in interviews, then he may not feel compelled to keep playing indefinitely or even an additional year. Of course, he deserves to play if he so chooses and will have a lot of supportive fans to cheer him on and watch him play.

Lastly on the game, I absolutely don’t fault him for putting it in the air before the turnover on that last drive. Two running plays completely stalled and went nowhere just before, not to mention the penalty pushed them further back.

3. By jamarsouth on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

Somebody who knows anybody who knows Brett, please print Wes’s open letter and get it to the Favre family ASAP!!!

I’ve been a Packers fan my whole life (and still am), but I am a huge Favre fan, too.

The reason he retired from Green Bay the first time, is because the phone did not ring after the 2008 NFC Championship game. The Packers did not make any effort to get Randy Moss, either, and it was obvious to Favre that they were committed to rebuilding without him. THAT’S WHY HE RETIRED FROM THE PACKERS . . . he’d still be there if they had called him and/or showed him that they were committed to bringing in the best talent available!!!

Minnesota, he still might make mistakes if he comes back, but one thing about Brett, is that he ALWAYS gives you a chance! If the other players and coaches do their part, too, then maybe the whole team can take advantage of the opportunity that Brett provides. Minimize the fumbles, minimize the penalties, have consistent play calling, and then this guy won’t feel as if everything is on his back. He’s the best chance to get the Vikes in position to win, but he can’t always be put in position to win it himself – no one can shoulder that all the time.

If Brett comes back, along with Pat Williams, and if Adrian Peterson goes to the “Tiki Barber School of Non-Fumbling,” the Vikings TEAM will be the favorite to win it all next year.

Before any of that can happen though, the Minnesota organization better follow Wes’s example and write their own “OPEN LETTER” to Brett Favre. He won’t be back unless you let him know. Trust me, I’m a Packers fan, and even though we have a fine young prospect in Aaron Rogers, I still miss Number 4! If you let him go now, you’ll miss him, too, Minnesota!

Nice letter Wes – I hope that it gets into the right hands!

4. By Derek on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

I know this blog section is about favre, but Cedric Griffin just had knew surgery and is out 6-9 months. Griffin is a great corner for us. Hopefully the defense can play good without him next year. Probably be Sapp in his place. Well at least Winfield will be 100% healthy next season! Go Vikes!

5. By Thor on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

By the looks of Favre’s wife on the sideline all game, she would love for him to retire, because she can’t stand the thought of how horrible a true injury would be to him. So the family is going to be trying to convince Favre to retire, and he should respect their wishes. But more than that he should respect his own wishes. If Favre really wants to come back, he should. But that’s just the opinion of a fan.

On the side of Griffin’s injury – If it’s a 6-9 month recovery, he ought to be ready for the new season 8 months away. A starting player on a professional sports team will usually hit the lower end of the recovery time and do everything they can to get back on the field as soon as possible.

6. By Jason on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

Despite a loss that is as difficult to swallow as any of the other “big” losses the Vikes have been through over the years, this was a truly great year for our team. Absolute pleasure and thrill for us to watch a talented group of guys give there all week after week. Personally’ in over 25 years of watching, I don’t remember a Vikes team that played with the heart of the current team. Kudos to all the players, the coaching staff, the owners and the whole organization. As for Favre….best phone call Childress will ever make!

7. By Kevin on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

First of all I want to say what a great letter from Wes. I was a Green Bay Packers fan for about 10 years while Favre was there. When he left the way he did, I lost respect for the organization and followed Favre. I hoped that he would go to Minnesota last year, and was extremely excited when he finally ended up with the Vikings. I guess looking back, it was Favre that kept me cheering for the Packers and not the Packers themselves. To me, Brett has always been someone to look up to, someone to respect, and someone to admire. I have never been disappointed with a Favre performance, because I know Brett gives everything he has and has always put his teams in a position to win. He plays with more passion than anyone I have ever seen play the position. In addition, he cares about the guys around him and he makes everyone better.

I have been so disappointed with all of the rumblings in the media about Favre losing the game. I would never put that loss on his shoulders. There were countless other mistakes from players and coaches that cost Minnesota the game. Everything from repeated fumbles and missed assignments to poor play calling down the stretch. I agree with the fan above that if everyone around him does their job, penalties are minimized, etc., that Favre gives you the best chance to win. Just don’t put every close game totally on his shoulders. As Tom Jackson put it so well on the ESPN post game show, “If that is the last image I have of Brett Favre, then it is a great image.” He went on to say that he showed more courage in that game than any other quarterback he has ever witnessed in a game. Pretty awesome statement and one that I totally believe.

I understand that Brett has to make a decision not only for himself, but for his family. I just believe that Brett himself would like to return. He came off his best season and has an awesome surrounding cast on offense. I often wonder if people comprehend how good Minnesota was with only one season of building chemistry with Favre and his receivers. Imagine how good they could be next year??? People talk about Manning, Brees, Brady, etc. Favre had his best year with a brand new team. That says volumes.

I do think that Minnesota as an organization, players included, need to reach out to Favre and let him know how important he is to their success. As a fan, I cannot imagine the NFL without Favre. I understand it has to happen at some point, but the true Favre fans are not ready for it yet, and I believe that Minnesota fans in general, would love to see his return.

Whether Brett reads this, a family membember or friend sees it, or the organization……..please let him know how much he means to the the Minnesota Vikings. Brett, take some time to ponder, but please know that every fan you have wants you to come back for another season. Go through the off season training and get yourself into the best shape of your life. Continue to work with your offense and build chemistry. I cannot even imagine what kind of success you and the Vikings would have next year. You have made everyone around you better. You have made a name for guys like Percy Harvin, Bernard Berrian, Sydney Rice, and Visanthe Shiancoe. Not that they were not good players, but you made them GREAT!!! Also, you are a guys guy and a great teammate.

I understand that emotionally, everyone has to be exhausted, and the pressure put on a QB of your status is enormous. I know how I feel as a fan, so cannot imagine from a players perspective. I just know that you belong with Minnesota for at least one more season. I know that you have nothing to prove…….you have done it all. I am just pleading for Favre fans everywhere that we would have the privilege and pleasure of seeing you in that Minnesota uniform one more time. Thanks for being Brett…..we wouldn’t have wanted it any other way!!!

Forever a Favre Fan,

Kevin from Ohio

8. By Lawrence on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

I really truly hope Mr Farve does not retire until he gives it one more shot, why because he could win the superbowl next year and Mr childress is a genius in recognizing this fact and waiting as long as it takes. Mr Farve wont say it so I will, he wont because he’s a real gentleman. The Vikings were robbed, stop with the whole fumble stuff, look, at that game again the holding on our defensive line was absurd, but wheres the flags, but our fighter our champion and in my honest opinion the best quarterback in vikings history, i have seen Mr Tarkinton, and everyone since and this Man, sttoood in there and nearly gave his life for this city, this state and for a certainty for this team, the fact it where were the referree’s they let the man get hit high and in the knees and that would have nilled that interception, and the last one would not have even occurred if we would have got the many flagrant fouls of hittting our hall of fame quarterback Mr Farve over and over, how can you not call a flag when you hand the ball off and the runner is running what four of five yards away from you and our warrior quarterback Mr Farve just turns around and blamm again, it was an outrage, no flag, then they got Dallas cowboy for life Mr Aikman doubting the one flag for roughing our quarterback my gosh the saints guy picked him up like he was in the Ultimate fighting championship and drove his to the turf. How can you advance the ball on fourth and one when Mr Greenway josstles the ball, so clear possession and how can you put a touchdown when the saints runner clearly had a knee down at the one, look i am GONNA STAND UP FOR BRETT FARVE, OK, YOU THE HIGH LOW HIT WOULD HAVE NULLIFIED THE FIRST INTERCEPTION AND THE LAST ONE WOULD NOT HAVE HAD TO OCCUR, IF THE REFEREEES WERENT PLAYING IN BLACK AND GOLD NOT BLACK AND WHITE STRIPES, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN OUR QUARTERBACK THE OUTSTANDING, LISTEN UP ONE OF A KIND WORLD CHAMPION PROOOOOOVEN QUARTERBACK INSTEAD TAKING A KNEE INSTEAD HE’S OUT THERE WITH A BAD ANKLE, PROBABLY RIBS, HURTING MOUTH, I AM SO DISGUSTED NOT WITH THE LOSS, BUT IT THE DOG GONE UNFAIRNESS TO THIS MAN MR FARVE, TRYING TO BLAME HIM, GIVE ME A BREAK, WATCH THE GAME BREAK IT DOWN, I TELL YOU YOU WILL SEE WE WERE BEATEN BY THE REFEREES, LOOK WHEN WE PLAYED CAROLINA WE GOT BEAT, OK, WHEN WE PLAYED ARIZONA WE GOT BEAT, OK, NO QUALMS BE A MAN TAKE THE LOSSES, BUT I HAVE BEEN WATCHING FOOTBALL FOR FORTY YEARS AND I AM TELLING YOU MR CHILDRESS WAIT ON MR FARVE THE CHEMISTY, THE COMRADERIE, THE LEADERSHIP WAS SO STRONG, SO SUPERLATIVE BY MR FARVE, THAT ENTIRE VIKINGS TEAM IS READY, AND YOU ARE A FOOTBALL GENIUS TO WAIT AND LET THE MAN HEAL AND WAIT I DONT CARE IF HE WANTS TO COME FLY UP TO THE CURB IN SOME OLE PICKUP TRUCK OUTSIDE THE METRODOME ON OPENING DAY, WAIT ON OUR MAN WAIT ON OUR QUARTERBACK, DONT LISTEN TO THE JEALOUS FOOLS WHO SEE WHAT YOU SAW, THIS MR BRETT FARVE HAS GOT THIS TEAM NOW EVEN WITH THE BALONEY IN NEW ORLEANS NOT BELIEVING, KNOWING, NOT EVEN DOUBTING THEY CAN WIN THE SUPERBOWL NEXT YEAR WITH FARVE, THEY KNOW HE HAS GOT THE MOCKSEY TO GET THE JOB DONE, THIS GUY IS TOUGHER THAN ROOFING NAILS AND CAN WEATHER THE STORM, IMAGINE HAVING HOME FIELD NEXT YEAR, THEY CAN ROB THE TEAM AGAIN, COACH, COACH CHILDRESSSS, I BEG YOU PLEASE WAIT ON MR FARVE, AND DO NOT EVEN THINK OF GETTING WITH ALLL DUE RESPECT #5 FROM THE EAGLES HE IS MR CULPEPPER BY ANOTHER NAME BIG, PROTOTYPE BUT HE HASNT GOT HALF THE FIRE MR FARVE HAS MAN I ONLY HOPE TO MEET THAT GUY ONE DAY, WHAT A PLAYER, IF YOU GET #5-FROM PHILLY, I WILL DO WHAT I HAVE NEVER DONE EVER, I WILL BOYCOTT MY OWN TEAM, I AM NOT GOING TO SETTLE FOR LESS THAN THE REAL DEAL AND MR FARVE IS THE REAL DEAL, YOU WANT TO STAY IN MIINNESOTA, STAY FOCUSED-BRING OUR BOY HOME FROM MISSISSIPPI AND LETS GET HOME FIELD AND I KNOW YOU ARE A GOOD COACH AND YOU WILL ADJUST AND SAVE HIM FROM ANYMORE BEATINGS BECAUSE THE REFEREES ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOB, FOR WHATEVER REASON. AND TO THE REST OF THE VIKING PLAYERS WORK OUT HARD KEEP EACH OTHER UP, YOU DID NOT LOOSE THAT GAME YOU WON THE GAME, THE REFS JUST HELPED WITH THAT FINAL STICK IN THE EYE WITH THE PHONEY CALL ON LEBER HOLDING, LOOK THE FIX WAS IN THEY HAVE CAMERAS ALL OVER THE FIELD, HOW COME THE ANGLE WAS ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE FIELD FROM ABOVE, AND WAS NOT ZOOMED IN OR NOTHING, I MEAN THE BALL WAS WHAT THREE OR FOUR FEET OVER THE SAINT RECEIVERS HEAD, THESE REFEREEES ONLY GOT CERTAIN AREAS OR ZONES TO PAY ATTENTION TO SO YOU GONNA TELL ME THIS JUDGE OR REFEREE SAW CONTACT THAT DID NOT OCCUR????
    You believe that I got some free space at the Mall of America sure you can set up shop in give me a break, Look at the tape, no one should retire untill, you give yourself, forget me, I am just a fan, but give yourselves the shot to send the whoever a message, you know what, were gonna be so much better, so much tougher that you cant take it away cause we the Vikings will put the score out of reach for the foolishness. This game was fixed, but fixed or not the Vikings are on the verge with Mr Farve of taking their playoff run into an thru the superbowl, I really truly believe, it listen Team look at the film lookk at the statistics you guys won the game they just had more points, do not beat yourselfs, this team is even better than I thought, wow, listen, those last three games you Whipped three of the suposed NFC’s best, wait on your our quarterback. watch the film in slow motion look for the holding, the not called penalties on hitting Farve its an outrage, no one has the eye to see this ?

9. By dave sauza on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

Everone needs to forget about Favre and move on!!! The team had a good season but this guy is going to hurt the Vikings because he WILL NOT make a decision and stick with it. The draft is just around the corner and the coaches aren’t going to know what to do about wheather or not to shop for a QB. He did the same thing to the Jets last year. Let his record speak for itself. Mr. Favre, do all of us Vinking fans a favor and MAKE A DECISION EARLY AND STICK WITH IT!!

10. By Robin S. on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

We love you Brett! You are still the greatest, so please don’t retire yet. Give us one more year of watching you and your great new team go to the Super Bowl. The bad officiating cost you this game. They were feeling sorry for the Saints because of Katrina. You are the better team. Please don’t let these creeps keep you from coming back. You should never have been hit like you were. They should have thrown the penalty flags. Please come back and beat them. We love, respect, and need you. You are the best. You have our hearts. You proved your toughness, now come back and beat them. Thanks for a great year!!!

11. By TW Vike on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

Brett didnt want to be a Jet in the first place, he wanted to be a Viking. Green Bay made it so he could not be in the same division. Brett will come back, he likes what he has with the Vikings. As for the draft, we need help in our secondary.

12. By Jeff A. on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

13. By bxviking on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

Give Brett till Aug 15 2010 to make decision.
    Draft the QB from Notre Dame.
    Get rid of Rosenfels.
    Tell T Jackson its this year or next and you will be our starter.
    Draft Def Lineman if Big Pat retires.
    Draft Cornerback with speed.

14. By dave sauza on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

Aug. 15th!!! Are you nuts?!! Thats way too late to find out whether or not he wants to be a Vike!! I agree with Jeff A that he shouldn’t be given the luxury of determining the Vikings future….

15. By Stacie on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

The Vikings players and fans want Brett to return for another season, he has given his team more motivation in one season then I have ever seen. Childress says they are planning a strategy with him and one without him, let’s all hope it’s the one with him. I truly believe that the Vikings have the team to beat next season as long as they are ALL able and willing to return. At my house it’s VIKINGS ALL THE WAY!!! No matter what!!

16. By Jw on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

“The Vikings need to set a deadline. After his rookie mistake that would of sent the Vikings to the Super Bowl, I don’t feel the team should give Brett the luxury of determining the Vikings future”

Why not give him the luxury??? He is the one who got us to the nfc play off game as it is! Favres interseption is not what cost them the game. RED ZONE FUMBLES COST US THE GAME!

We had a horible running game all year and our other quarterbacks cannot cut it. Put Jackson in the pocket and watch them stop Adrian… If brett dosnt come back next year, we will be lucky to win half our games. I hope he takes his sweet time, then comes back with a vengeance 16-0

17. By Jeff A. on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

JW, It wasn’t a RED ZONE FUMBLE that cost the Vikings that game. The team somehow found a way to overcome mistakes and take the game into overtime. Farve lost that game !! His record as a playoff QB is among the worst.

18. By Jw on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

Your crazy, the defense held the Saints and did not allow them to score. Who moved the ball down the field and put us in position to have a tied game? The only reason adrian had 2 TD’s was favres arm and the offensive line creating a gap at the 10 yard line.

You do know that brett holds numourous playoff records? You do understand that he has more wins then losses in the playoffs? (breese and manning cannot claim that)

If you do not like favre hey… thats fine, but give the man the respect he deserves… He put them in the position to have a first round bye, If they would have lost that SF game the packers would have clinched the division. The list goes on, The plays go on… If he dosnt come back ill be cheering for another team come playoffs

19. By Jeff A. on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

Jw, you make a few valid points. Brett admitted that he should have just run the ball on that play. He gets credit for taking responsibility for the loss. BUT you also prove my point that Farve cannot win playoff games. If he could, he would have more that 1 Super Bowl ring. Hey some of his stats are great, but they won’t get him a ring. That’s what the NFL is about. Brett needs to take a seat and be remembered as a great quarterback.

20. By Ali AB on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

Jeff A…How many quarterbacks have a ring? Not many, that right there speaks for itself. He is the Vikes best shot for next year. Gives us another year to find a new one. If the Vikings can keep this group together, Brett proved he can do great things with them.

21. By OLD SCHOOL on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

What does everyone think about Mchoke from Philly?! I don’t like him at all! I think he chokes in the big game and I would rather go with T-Jack instead!

22. By Jeff A. on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

I can think of a few ….Brady has 3, Roethlisberger has 2, the Manning boy’s each have 1. In 2008 the Vikings went 10-6 with the 4th or 5th toughest schedule in the NFL. The 2009 team’s schedule was the NFL’s 2nd easiest according to ESPN. I really believe that the Viking had a incredible chance to this year without the Drama of Farve.

23. By OLD SCHOOL on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

I really don’t think Brett will be back…..just don’t! So I hope T-Jack took notes this past year! I really do…..because Mchoke will take a 1st rounder to get him and he is not worth it!

24. By OLD SCHOOL on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

There were many …many sacks this year taken by Favre that T-Jack would have not and probably gained 10 or 15 yards and extended the play! I love Favre….I do….but, this years schedule…the teams that we are set to play….we will need a QB that can move an extend the play! I think Favre looks at the schedule and says, ” I’m done”!

25. By Steve V. on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

Have you all forgotten how miserable the Vikings have looked at QB for the last 10+ seasons?….This year WITH Brett Favre the Vikings were finally successful moving and passing the ball.- a FUN YEAR TO BE A VIKING FAN… T-Jack??? are you kidding? We NEED BRETT FAVRE back again. Work on the future drafted QB in 2011 if the right one is not here this draft…….and by the way, Favre may have thrown a bad ball before regulation ended…but we did not get the ball back in OT, and the 450 yds of offense wasnt generated through a QB named T-Jack, George, Kramer,or even a guy named Tarkenton….we lost because of too many turn-overs in the red zone, and poor,sloppy kick-off coverage….Let Favre take his time in his decision…no matter how long. Why a deadline?…to give T-Jack extra reps, come on. THE VIKINGS NEED FAVRE AGAIN.

26. By Jeff A. on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

I agree with you OLD SCHOOL.

27. By TW Vike on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

Would have Rice had the season he did without Brett? I dont think so! Our recievers would have been average at best. Do you think we would have been 12-4?? No, maybe 8-8 & no playoffs. Our team fed off Favre &used it on the field. He wants to be here in Minnesota. He knows this team wants him here & so do most of the fans. We havent been this good since 1998 (15-1) We brought B. Johnson back! Sage is not the answer, maybe T.Jack. Big maybe. Brett is not our long term answer, but he is willing, hes our best shot. Still we must find a young Q.B. to bring along.We also need secondary help, somebody who can make some picks & cause turnovers. Jimmy Mac, W. Moon, Brett looks pretty good !

28. By Mohave on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

I really have to agree with what Lawrence said about the refs, questionable calls, and late hits.

I think someone should put together a video montage with slow motion break downs showing the flagrant late hits which include the high-low hit, the body slam, and the insanely late hit on the hand off that occurred 1 or 2 seconds after the hand off where Favre got blindslided.

Then splice in some of post game commentary from the Saints how they intended to try to hurt Favre (“Cut off the head” per Sharper). I think it was clear they didn’t really care about picking up late hit penalties as long as they inflicted damage, lucky for them, the refs didn’t seem to care that much either.

Finally, throw in some super slow motion video, maybe even frame by frame showing how the one catch was not a catch where Greenway knocked it loose. I heard Ben Leber said when you look at it in super slow motion, you’ll have no doubt it wasn’t a catch, I think that was on a 3rd down attempt in overtime.

Once this video is done, post it all over the Internet to try to embarrass the NFL and the Saints with it, really they should be handing out fines left and right this week to the Saints D, I’m pretty sure if that was Brady getting hit like that, they would be!

It’s too bad our players didn’t do the same thing to Brees, I’m pretty sure he would have been broken with just half of the late hits dished out on Favre. It should have been an Eye for Eye, it would have been well worth the penalty to dish out a severe late hit on 1 and 10 when the Saints had the ball on their own 20.

29. By Brian King on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

That “12 men on the field” penalty forced Brett into a do-or-die passing situation that ultimately put the loss on his shoulders unfairly. I feel worse for him personally than I do over the loss itself. I also agree that the refs calls (or non-calls) were unfair against the Vikings. Even with their turnovers, they were the better team. My wish is simply for them to beat the Saints BADLY next year (with or without Brett). If they only win that one game all next year, I’ll be very happy.

30. By TW Vike on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

OLD SCHOOL- Our coaches wouldnt have let T. Jack run. They took away his athletic ability trying make him more of a pocket passer. If they let him be himself, maybe. He does have a cannon for a arm & can throw a mile. If Brett is healthy enough whats another year. There is not much out there unless we make a trade, but for who? McNabb? I will stick with Favre for now, until someone better comes along, if and when.

31. By J. on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

You know, Brett Favre did more for this team than anyone else this year or in previous years. I have watched the Vikes play and have never seen the chemistry or drive to win they had this year. This loss was not entirely his fault. He did make a bad decision, but if you watch the replay, you can see that other than running, that pass was his best option. And we all know Favre is not a running quarterback. He is a gunslinger. He will make the risky plays in lieu of a simple run–it is hardwired into him (notwithstanding the fact that he may have been afraid to run, considering the beating he took). I blame the coaches for not realizing that and telling him to run or simply calling a run play. The offensive strategists need to understand their players and their mentalities. Everyone says that all they needed were a few yards: they are right, and I don’t think passing was even necessary. I blame that whole play on the offensive coordinator.

Seriously, Favre should not retire. He took this team to where it went. His interception did ruin their chance to put the game away, yes, but it was fumbling, bad referees, and some might even say destiny, that were the real culprits. Favre played like a hero, and he took a risk. It’s what he does. He leaves it all out on the field, for good or ill. Sadly, this time it was for ill. It was hard to watch his reaction and answers at the press conference, to see a man of his stature broken.

I truly think that the Vikings best hope lies with him, and with this chemistry, and if he decides early to stay on, they can use this time to shore up some weaknesses. Look at this year: they only knew Favre for a short time and had to learn everything about him on the fly. If they spend the summer really tweaking things (like Adrian “I can’t hold on to the ball because I am too wild’ Peterson’s hands), the Vikings will have a better chance than any other team save the Colts under Manning to go to the SB.

In the end, Favre gave us an incredible season. It ended tragically, but while we may have lost the battle, perhaps the war is not yet over. I would strongly urge Favre not to retire. He got beat up and kept playing. An announcer called his performance ennobling–I totally agree. With his type of personality, excitement, and ethic, I would gladly watch this team under him over any other.

One final thing. The Saints, despite the troubles of their city, truly did not deserve to win that game. Pass interference on an uncatchable ball? No roughing the passer calls? My god…the refs let Favre get killed out there. And he still stuck it to the Saints.

Please Brett, do not retire yet.

32. By FavreFan4ever on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

Join ONE MORE YEAR – Brett Favre!

The fan page is for all of us who one Brett to give it one more shot!

33. By OLD SCHOOL on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

Everybody calm down….I never said I didn’t want Brett back….I said, I didn’t think he is coming back!!!!! I was just pointing out a positive of T-Jack just in case Brett doesn’t come back, which, like I said before, I don’t think he will! If he does AWESOME! But, since Mchoke is being thrown around in the media circle it was really bothering me! I was just pointing out that I would rather go with T-Jack if that was the case!

34. By OLD SCHOOL on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

Brett was AWESOME this year and if he were to come back….it would put us on a short list for SB contenders!

35. By TW Vike on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

OLD SCHOOL- I agree T. Jack over McNabb. The coaches need to let him be himself. Dont try to change him. Let him use his legs & move the chains.

36. By OLD SCHOOL on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

I’ve thought of this the last day or so, has anybody thought that if we would have won that game……what shape would we have been in for the SB?! Griffin out….Favre destroyed, bad ankle and all! I think it would have been a up hill battle against Manning with a half injured team! Maybe it was not our time and it will be next year! I think with Griffin out, A.W. kinda re-injured his foot from what I have read……….Manning would have had a field day with that secondary of ours without a lights out game from our D-Line! Any thoughts on that guys?! Our D-LINE was not 100% either! Edwards/K.Williams…..?

37. By Mohave on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

OLD School, they would have 2 weeks to heal so they would have been fine, but missing Cedric in the secondary would have been tough. That could be part of the reason Brees was able to advance the ball in OT with a couple of those semi-long throws.

38. By jim on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

the viking that called heads on the coin toss blew it, dont he know tails never fails, evryone else is blamming this that and the other so i blame him, heads c,mon.

39. By OLD SCHOOL on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

OHhhhh, by the way guys, the Bears want the Vikes to allow our QB coach to talk with them on being their QB coach!!!!!!!!! Let us think about that bears………….
    …………………OK…………the answer is a F$%^ NO ! Because if the Vikes do decide to go with Mchoke,(Like I said, I don’t agree with), our QB coach use to be Mchokes QB coach in college! At least he would have that coming here! What do you guys think!

40. By OLD SCHOOL on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

Youir right Mohave….they said he hurt his knee while covering during the OT kickoff!

41. By bleed-purple on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

Wes
    Well done I hope Favre gets to read this.

42. By Stacie on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

jim, haha, I was yelling at the t.v. “tails call tails”. Every OT game I watched this season the coin fell on tails. Please come back Brett!!!

43. By bigfan on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

i would love to see favre play again hes played so long u dont want to see it end. even if adrian has to push him around in a wheelchair so favre can throw the ball. if you read these brett i know your to competitive to want to quit playing. i think u might regret it if you do. you will get the itch to play again and it will be to late. your not that old people just say that because they cant do what u do. otherwise they would still be there. ask yourself do you still love to play the game do you still win games. you have so many fans that want to see you get your butt on that field. you have the heart of a hero. you will not like watching the game knowing you could be playing in it. thats the way men are that like to compete. get rested up and get back to the grind . youve ben the most enjoyable person to watch play the game. i thankyou.

44. By foreveryoung on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

It’s time for Tim Tebow !

45. By bigfan on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

one more thing brett you do have something to prove you have to prove to yourself that you dont want to play the game that you love. this is your life it should play out how you want it to. i work oilrigs and concrete which is hard and im getting old also. if i could play football i would do it untill i couldnt. i will probably be doing the same work at 50 years young. you only have one life do what you enjoy doing you still got lots of life left to catch them big walleye after football. im sure your familly will back up your decision no matter what it is. i wish i could get paid to play football at forty. most people would get laughed out of the locker room not you. people are begging for your return to the field. keep the tractor full of gas and oil put it in the quan set . you can play farmer after football.

46. By Stephanie on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

oh my gosh! I”m not the only one who said “tails, tails!” before he called heads…so disappointed. lol. about Favre throwing the INT…no it was not a good throw, however if you think about it, it was 3rd down and 15(b/c of that STUPID penalty that backed them up) and they needed a good 5 or 6 yards to get into comfortable fieldgoal range, and even then there’s no guarantee Longwell would have made it. It was amazing Brett was able to run on his bad ankle as well as he was (he heard in crunch when he got injured) and I can’t imagine him trying to scramble for extra yards up the field with defenders coming at him with all the hits he had taken. If he throws an incomplete pass it would have been the same result. we’d still be out of fieldgoal range and have to punt the ball away on 4th down. and we didn’t lose the game on that play. we were tied. it just forced the game into overtime. then in overtime to go with some of the bad calls by the refs, there was a dropped INT that would have given the Vikes the ball back…that was as frustrating as the interception! there were 3 missed opportunities for us to intercept Drew Brees throughout the game and they didn’t capitalize. Brett played his guts out and nearly got killed doing it…I’ve never been so proud of the way he played. he kept them in the game when there were three major fumbles inside the redzone (2 when the Vikes were in scoring range and 1 giving the Saints the ball on the 7 yard line that set up a TD). so to fight through the pain and physical beating he took…and to keep them in the game and move the ball down the field and to overcome all the mistakes, I give him a ton of credit. that was the most exausting and emotionally draining game I’ve ever watched with all the ups and downs. I can’t imagine playing in a game like that and keeping focused and determined with all the crowd against you. The team fought hard and should have won, but it just wasn’t their year.

I hope Brett comes back next year, but if you ask him to make a decision now, he would without a doubt say he’s retiring b/c he’s too physically beat up and emotionally drained and soooo disappointed. no player wants to even think about football when they came so close to the superbowl. all the hard work and effort they put forth during the season. and then suddenly they’re done and didn’t reach their goal. if you think the fans are disappointed just think about how the players feel, they’re the ones that are putting all the hard work practicing and studying film all week and fighting through injuries all season. I’m proud of the way the guys fought through the game with Brett leading the way. the season has a lot of great memories and it will be one to never forget.

I hope the Vikings give him some time to think and get away from the game or else he for sure won’t come back.

47. By A Kolenovic on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

To the LEGEND himself BRETT FAVRE if you were to retire we the fans the world will miss you terribly. You gave us something to watch on Sunday and some Monday. And to watch you leave the game behind it will Hurt us deeply we know that you have a rocket arm. But we also know you got HEART that nobody has in the football league. We all want you back for another season. You made Sidney rice better he even said it himself you made shiancoe better you made percy Harvin better berriar,Ap anyone on that squad you show them how to play with heart and never give up you are not a good quaterback, but your the greatest quaterback of all time hands down. there are people in here that say he should retire we got t-jackson

48. By A Kolenovic on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

So who cares if we got t jackson, but we don’t have you. You had done alot in one season that takes people 2 or 4 season. You got us a bye week. You got us to the NFC championship game after we spanked those cowboys you done alot. You really don’t have nothing to prove, but we would love to see you in a uniform the Vikings uniform and step back into that field and lead these soldiers to a victory please come back BRETT FAVRE your greatest fan for ever

49. By Robin S. on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

Brett, you must come back and finish what you started. Your team needs you. We all need you to play. You are playing at your best so just rest up and come back and win the Super Bowl. I have watched you for 19 years and this was my favorite year for football. I went from a Packer fan to a Viking fan forever. You and your team have our total respect and admiration. You make everyone around you a better player and you are teaching them to play and love the game the way it should be played. We all look forward to Sunday because of you. Don’t stop now when you are at your best and have the best team ever. Next year you will all be even better together. It is amazing what you accomplished with a new team, players you didn’t know. You are the best that ever played the game, please give us one more year. This last game was stolen from you and your team with all the bad calls. If the game was played somewhere besides New Orleans the refs wouldn’t have gotten away with it. Next time it will be in Minnasota. Don’t give up on your team. Purple looks great on you. Don’t give up on your dream….one more Super Bowl win. Millions of us love to watch you play. Please come back for another year. We love you and respect you. You and your team are what made this whole year so incredible. Don’t stop now. You had so much fun! It showed through the TV to our homes. We saw the love you had for the game and your guys. What a special thing you have with them.. Without you they won’t get a ring next year. You will get better together this year. Please keep it going. You are a legend. Don’t end it. Not yet. You are the best player out there. Please come back. We love you. You have the biggest heart and the most courage on the field then I have ever seen. Rest and then play, please.

50. By Chris on Jan 28, 2010 | Reply

Dear Brett,

Please come back to the Vikings next season. The team had an amazing year and we need you to take the lead again. If it weren’t for the bad calls throughout the NFC championship game (or lack thereof), you would have come out on top.

I have followed you throughout your career and I couldn’t be more proud of your success and persistance this season.

51. By fmfan on Jan 28, 2010 | Reply

all of you Favre lovers said he would be the ONE to get us to and WIN the S.B.. I quess not! The only bright side is that maybe the coachs learned play calling and won’t go back to running Peterson 60% of the time.

52. By CanadianFavreFan on Jan 28, 2010 | Reply

Brett,

I have followed you from the day you started as a Packer, to the Jets, and to the Vikes. I have been proud of you since the day I first watched you play. You are truly a warrior. Do not allow the fact that this last game was stolen from us make you believe any less in yourself. No one, I mean NO ONE has more heart than you. I have watched every single game you have ever played and I know that football will never be the same for me without you. What you accomplished with the Vikings this year is truly amazing and I hope that you are very proud of what you’ve done no matter what all these @$$h0le$ in the media say about you. I laughed the day they claimed you were “too old to come back” and I am sooo proud of how you proved them wrong this season. You took a beating in that game that 25 year old QB’s couldn’t handle and didn’t stop fighting for one second. So to all those that claimed you are too old, explain to us how at 40 years old, you were able to take that kind of beating and finish that game. I can only imagine how your body must feel right now, but please don’t alllow that to make you want to retire, do not let the shameful performance of the Saints make you do something you’re not really ready to do. One more year with the Vikings could very well get you your final SB ring. This team is great with you as their leader, they all know it, coaches know it, fans know it, and I hope you know it too. You brought heart to this team that no one else in the game today could even hope to match. You will always be a legend to me and to Favre Fans everywhere. If you do wish to retire (which I strongly hope you don’t this year) I will support that too, but I have to ask one thing, Please Brett, retire your #4 in Purple. You are a TRUE Viking! a warrior, a Viking in the truest form of the word. Vikings players, coaches and fans appreciate you here Brett. You are finally where you belong. I plead stongly that you play one more year as a Viking and I believe in my heart that this will finally be the year for the Vikings if you do so. I will never forget all the amazing memories that you have given me as a fan of yours over your LEGENDARY career. I thank you for everything you have put into this game and all the great moments that I’ve experienced because of you. No matter what your decision Brett, I will ALWAYS be a Brett Favre Fan, and wear my Favre jersey with pride. I really really hope to see you next year in the Metrodome, but if not LET THERE BE A #4 retired there! Thank you Brett for everything and please come back! ONE MORE YEAR!!

53. By Zazzle on Jan 28, 2010 | Reply

Brett’s on the ground, Brett’s on the ground, everybody likes it when Brett’s on the ground. Maybe one of the Cowboy players paid a bounty to the Saints to take Brett out….Hmmmm, you never know.

54. By HANK on Jan 28, 2010 | Reply

I BELIEVE THE GAME WAS LOST BY THE PASS INTERFERENCE CALL WHICH WAS NOT CATCHABLE AND LEBER NEVER TOUCHED HIM I BELIEVE A REF THROWING A FLAG THERE WITH NO EVIDENCE OF THE PENALTY TELLS ME HE HAD AN AGENDA ALSO NO HOLDING CALL ON SAME PLAY WHEN JARED ALLEN WAS PULLED DOWN FROM BEHIND I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT WASN’T CALLED EITHER.THAT WAS ALMOST A 25YD SWING ON ONE PLAY!

55. By Vikings Stink on Jan 28, 2010 | Reply

Tuesday Morning Quarterback,on His Favreness…

“Hamartia. The ‘tragic flaw’ described by Aristotle: A leader cannot control his own inner shortcoming, which causes him to achieve the reverse of what he desired. In ‘Antigone,’ the king, Creon, tells himself he is acting in the interest of the city, when actually he is acting to glorify his own ego — this hamartia destroys him. Favre comes up a bit short of a character in ancient Thebes, but on Sunday he was brought low by hamartia all the same. It was not enough for Favre’s team to reach the Super Bowl, he had to get the credit. All he needed to do was run a few yards, hook-slide, call timeout, and the Vikings’ kicker, Ryan Longwell,had a chance to win the game. But the credit had to go to Favre; he had to throw a spectacular pass at the end, so television announcers would swoon. So he heave-hoed a dramatic across-the-field pass. It was intercepted, and the Saints won in overtime.”

Hey, Bart Fever, we’ll never forget you.

56. By Robin S. on Jan 28, 2010 | Reply

Brett….please rest up and get back to Minnasota! What you did in one year with your new team is incredible. Next year you won’t be playing in New Orleans so they can’t have the game given to them with bad calls. They say they missed the low blow to the leg. I don’t know how when we all saw it. You showed your fight and courage by getting up each time they knocked you down. What cowards they were when their game plan was to kill you and knock the ball out of Adrians hands. If it wasn’t for the bad calls you still would have won. You and your great team play the game the way it is suppose to be played. They play dirty because that is the only way for them to win. Please come back for one more year. You have a great team and you will be even better next year. We love and respect you! You are the greatest. And thank you for introducing us to the Vikings. We will be Viking fans forever. What a great bunch of guys! With you as their leader, they are the best team. Thank you for so much!

57. By Lawrence on Jan 28, 2010 | Reply

Dear Mr Farve, Please take all the time you need to heal. you earned it and coach Childress is right, you earned it. Now, I am gonna try to simplify this for those who dont have an eye for the game.
    The first interception would not have counted because he was getting chopped at the knee’s and ankles, ok.
    The second interception would not have occurred, if we would have had HALF, just HALF, of the FLAGRANT LATE BRUTALIZING HITS called on You Brett !!!!!
    Why, because Mr Farve would have been taking a knee to end the game rather than trying to get us in Field Goal position, because of the 12-men on the field. so stop blaming Mr Farve, I am so sick and tired of the unfair jumping on the band wagon with everyone else rather than Watch the game from Beginning to End and Look not with you pre-conceived judgemental eye’s but with what was not called in way of UNCALLED FLAGRANT -STRAIGHT OUT UNFAIRNESS IN WAY OF ALLOWING THE SAINTS DEFENDERS TO COME IN AS LATE AS THEY WANT AND TAKE ” A FREE SHOT AT THE ONLY CHANCE WE REMOTELY HAD TO GET TO THE SUPERBOWL. Mr Farve, please heal up spend time with the family, skip training camp, secretly let Coach know your coming back and blow these disgruntled packer fans back to the frozen tundra, by beating the pants off the Packers twice again and the cowboys and the saints and any one else that gets in this teams, your teams, yes, THIS IS BRETT FARVE’s TEAM, BELIEVE THAT FAN’s .

Listen please do not get Donovan Mcnabb, he could not in Two Games get “A”
    Touchdown against the cowboys, stop that talk all together, this guy throws behind, the receiver, over the head , at the ankles when he is healthy, likes to take what November or December off nearly each year-injury, ok, look this
    guy is NOT GOING TO GET THE VIKINGS TO THE SUPERBOWL. Now this talk about drafting a quarterback is fine, but it takes years to develop a top flight quarterback for a real run at the superbowl. this team is like a player or two from blowing this league away, lets not press the one man we know can get this done for us, Mr Brett Farve, Come back Brett and SHUT ALL THE NAYSAYERS AND GO OUT WITH A SUPERBOWL, Not so much even for the fans who do know you could go aagain, NO Doubt, No Doubt, but for you, to shut up those that dont give you the proper respect as one of the greatest quarterback, ever, Brett this team Your Team LOVES YOU , REAL VIKING FANS LOVE BRETT FARVE AND CAN YOU IMAGINE ‘ THE FIRE” THIS TEAM WOULD PLAY WITH NOW THEY COULD SEE FOR THEM SELVES, YOU KNOW BRETT WAS RIGHT, WE ARE A TALENTED TEAM, BUT NOW WE HAVE BEEN PUT UNDER FIRE AND THE ” METAL ” OF THIS SQUAD HAS SHOWN IT’S SELF TO WHEW, BE EVEN BETTER OR GREATER THAN US FANS WHO BELIEVED IN THIS TEAM, EVEN COULD FORESEE, NOW, PICTURE NEXT YEAR HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE IN THE PLAYOFFS AND THE COACHING STAFF READY TO GET ON THE FIELD AND VERBALLY TANGLE WITH THOSE REFEREES THAT DONT WANT TO DO THE RIGHT THING AND HEY, YOU RIDE OFF PUTTING ALL THE STATISTICS ON ANOTHER LEVEL, WHO EVER EVER WON A SUPERBOWL AFTER 20-YEARS IN THE LEAGUE………………………………………….YOU, MR FARVE, IF YOU WANT IT BAD ENOUGH. TAKE CARE.

58. By VikeOfsthun on Jan 28, 2010 | Reply

Favre understanding where you are coming from specially after those cheap late shots you stood up and gave it your all. The interception at the end maybe due to late hits and wanting it all, I do not blame you as there is always 1 mistake that may haunt you but it is the reaction afterwards that counts. I would understand a retirement but I believe that the Champion is still in you and would love to see you go for it. Everyone who was glad of your loss was a person of no values at all. I being a Viking fan wanted them to beat you on the field of play but admire all the work you did as a football player. Now that you joined the right team ha ha we would like to see you take the Right team to the Super Bowl and win it all. Also would love for you to stick it to those who did you wrong. Take care of yourself and family. Thanks for the great year !!!!!!!!!!!! Ken

59. By VikeOfsthun on Jan 28, 2010 | Reply

In reference of beating you on the field was in reference of when you where a Packer.

60. By Howler on Jan 28, 2010 | Reply

Brett Favre
    One heck of a great quarterback and leader! As a Viking fan, we have all suffered a lot of losses. Again this year, we get another one to add to our empty Super Bowl trophy case. I truely believe it is in your power to bring one to Minnesota. I know it takes a ton to make that happen. But, We believe in you. At the same time, help these great young guys like Percy, Adrian and Sidney get their ring. This is their chance. They need your leadership and experience. This is one of the most special group of guys I have ever seen in any sport. But, as I know you have seen, without a catalyst these things can be lost forever. Brett, realize you are the catalyst to these guys. It is so obvious how much these guys love playing football WITH YOU. Don’t listen to anyone say age means the same to everyone. You’re more gifted than most NFL players. You’re still a great quarterback right now. You’re stats back me up on that. Go bring that Super Bowl to Minnesota! One more shot baby. You can do it! Rest, Reload, play a little golf, and get it done. You have unfinished business. YOURE NOT TOO OLD YET BRETT.

61. By FavreFan on Jan 28, 2010 | Reply

Yes, we have T Jack and there’s talk about McNabb and whoever else there will be rumors about until next season….their performances as Vikings QB are all unknown at this point. I’ll take the sure thing in Brett Favre any day. There is no way in the world anyone else could give us the season of hope and enjoyment that came with Brett this year!!!

62. By NM Fan on Jan 28, 2010 | Reply

Just like to THANK YOU to the all the Vikings ! What a great season no matter how it ended . I’ve watched Viking ball for more years than I care to admit but I’ll just say this I know who Rashad , White, Ellar and Tarkenton are and I remember games at home in the snow. This season has been the most fun I’ve had in a while . Having moved to New Mexico and being surrounded by Dallas jersey all the time the win over Dallas was the best !!! Shut them up for at least a week . So if Farve chooses to come back that would be FANtastic but if he choose not to then I just want to say ” thanks for the ride it was great”

63. By paul on Jan 28, 2010 | Reply

Trade Adrian Peterson and Sage Rosenfels to the Bears for Jay Cutter.

64. By TW Vike on Jan 28, 2010 | Reply

paul-You need to quit smoking dope! Get yourself some help!

65. By Russ Osborn on Jan 28, 2010 | Reply

DEAR BRET FARVE, i work in commercial masonry and have been badly injured at times.i love snowboarding and triathlons.i have been badly injured in bicycle crashes and snowboard jumps. it is all worth it. i will not stop ever. i know you are tough. not old. because i am 10 years older than you.you can win it all for 5 more years. i guantee viking fan since SBIV

66. By Larry Horyna on Jan 28, 2010 | Reply

I am finally getting a bit over the loss to the Saints. As coach Childress said, “we are the better team” and they truly were. But, you can’t turn the ball over five times in the playoffs on the road and win. I hope Brett comes back next year. But what the Vikings really need to do is figure out what went wrong with the offensive line this year. The whole second half of the season they couldn’t run block to save themselves! How many times did anyone hear Steve Huchinson’s name mentioned? And Loadholt while HUGE is not a very good blocker. I don’t know how many times I saw pass rushers just run right around him. We all know what an incredible talent Adrian Peterson is, but he still needs at least an initial block! If Brett comes back and the Vikings are going to be successful next year, the O line has got to play much better down the stretch. If Brett comes back, his very survival will depend on it. GO VIKES!!!!

67. By RichGiantsFan on Jan 28, 2010 | Reply

Let me say this…I have never had the privilege of watching Brett Favre all
    season being from New York. I am a true blue Giants fan and as incredible
    as this sounds I was caught between a rock and a hard place when the
    Giants beat the Packers in the NFC Championship, why? I felt bad for Favre.
    Now in 2008 the bitter rivalry is the Jets and the Giants but something happened
    to a lot of Giants fans they found themselves watching the Jets simply because
    they wanted to see this quarterback named Favre play. He was a joy to watch even though his arm was shot during the most critical games of the season.
    Wes, you hit the nail on the head! He was brilliant all year..he wore his heart on
    his sleeve and got the living daylights kicked out of him during the Saints game
    but he kept getting up…he kept looking the Saints in the eye despite being
    clearly in pain and still had the drive, desire and will to win that football game!
    Sure he’s banged up…but he loves it…you can see he truly loves it. He has
    unfinished business. Awhile back Phil Simms said if you think you can still play
    then go do it or you will regret it the rest of your life. Even if Brett has half
    the season in 2010 he did in 2009 it’s enough to take the Vikings where they
    want to go. Brett…you have a gift…that arm still throws missiles..you make
    players around you better and you made it clear that some players need to
    go to work on the fundamentals and hold onto the ball! You can do this, you should do this. We’ll be anxiously waiting to see you take the reins one more
    time. GO FOR IT

68. By CW on Jan 28, 2010 | Reply

I grew up in Wisconsin, and was a Packers fan most of my life. Favre was their starting QB so early in my life that I cannot even recall the NFL without him. But over the years, Favre himself won me over, because Green Bay’s playoff runs from the departure of Holmgren right up to Favre’s final season there were more a testament to his ability to win games than anything else. On teams with virtually no Pro Bowlers, with selfish interests predominating the front office and a veritable revolving door of coaches, the Packers were nonetheless contenders year after year.

But statistics and records aside, Brett became an inspiration to me and many others. Sure, he was my boyhood sports hero, so my image of him will always be a bit rosy. But his ability to overcome adversity, his sheer toughness, and his willingness to take risks and put his team before himself are endearing, and unfortunately rare, qualities.

Watching him play for the Vikings this year was truly invigorating. He delivered his vintage magic that he has so many times before, but for the first time in at least half a decade he seemed like he enjoyed doing it. It was easy to see how much his team, the Vikings organization, and the state of Minnesota appreciated him – and he, in turn, was happy to do his best to give everything he had every single week.

For that reason, I now consider myself a loyal Vikings fan. Any team that can bring that much heart to the field, and not take its premier players for granted, is good by me. And I will stay a Vikings fan even when Favre isn’t the guy under center. But I long to see him take another snap. Tom Jackson had it right, his most recent performance was one of the most courageous, inspiring performances I have ever seen an athlete deliver. But I hope it is not his last. I hope he realizes he is not going to deteriorate physically in eight short months’ time. As inspiring as he has been the past 19 years, I hope the Vikings have in turn inspired him to give it one more shot. I have no doubt I speak for football fans everywhere when I say that I am not yet ready to say goodbye.

69. By Mark L on Jan 28, 2010 | Reply

Being a Vikings fan all my life I was not very happy bout him comming to Minnesota after him killing us alot of times. However as I watched this season unfold I started to wonder if maybe we shouldnt have done all we could to have gotten him a few years ago. But with that I know we wouldnt have the back bone we have now with the great players. Anyways when we signed him i wasn’t very happy but now im thinking we made a good choice and I feel that if we dont keep him as a player why dont we hire him as a coach as see what he can do with a tebow or clausen type rookie?

70. By Ali AB on Jan 28, 2010 | Reply

CW it is so great to hear from Packer fans like you and some others that are still Favre fans. It was so discouraging when the Packer fans booed him after he gave them so many years of great football. They let him go and the Vikes were more than happy to have him and have now become his most dedicated fans. There are miserable, negative fans everywhere but the majority of Vikings fans appreciate him more after just one year than many Packer fans did after so many years. I think its kind of sad and I hope Brett realizes it and answers his Viking fans and teammates heartfelt request that he give himself, the Vikings, and the fans what they want, one more year.

71. By Ed on Jan 28, 2010 | Reply

We hope to God Brett comes back. If he doesn’t, you trade A.P. for a franchise quarterback and a left tackle. Chester and Percy can sustain the running game and you set yourself up for more than a year. Mckinney is average at best and that position needs to be your best lineman…currently thats not the case. Outside of replacing Chilly, this is the best option.
    Thanks for a great year Vikes!!!!!!!!

72. By TW Vike on Jan 28, 2010 | Reply

Ed-Ask Brett if we should trade A.P. Thats not the answer! Hes done more good than harm. Not many backs demand 8 or 9 in the box. We need secondary help. We let to many picks bounce off our hands. The 2 best backs in the N.F.L. wear #28. Adrian STAYS !

73. By Bruce on Jan 28, 2010 | Reply

Brett does read mail he receives and some of these posts would really make Brett feel good about what he did this year. I’m sure he feels bad about the last throw he made, but if not for all the other fantatstic throws he made this season, the Vikings would have never made it to the NFC Championship. He played his heart out for the Vikings and the fans! Perhaps mikewobschall has some connections and can get all the positive posts on here from fans to Brett somehow??? It would be a good time to do it.

74. By just retire on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Brett you need to retire. You got your butt wooped and deservedly so. You are a Diva. Your still the interception king so its time to leave. Your not the only player on this team. Let some new blood in there. It was fun watching you hurt against the Saints. You and all the people that hated you for years in Minnesota now they love you. What a joke. Good ridance

75. By Bob Ledda on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Well, I am finally getting over the pain of Sunday’s loss. Football has not been very kind to this NFL fan. I grew up in Houston as an Oiler fan (some should be aware of how painful that was) and Brett showed up to fill the void when we lost our franchise. Since that time I have been following Brett’s career as closely as possible. I can honestly say that I have rarely missed an opportunity to watch him play and this season was the epitome as I had Direct TV and NFL ticket and didn’t miss one play.
    Last Sunday I had the agonizing experience of watching that game on ESPN bottom line as I flew home to Alaska from a family wedding in Las Vegas. It was horrible how it all unfolded. 1st and 10 on the 33 with 52 seconds to go and Longwell as your kicker. Victory seemed certain as I waited for the next scroll. Amazingly after 3 of his wonderful teamates put the ball on the ground within the 10 yard line earlier in the game victory was still probable. Despite that 21 point swing Brett had them in position to win. Unbelievable. Next scroll-3rd and 10 on the 33. No problem. One more running play and Longwell in for the winner. Next scroll-NO with the ball on the 47 yard line and no score change-What! Soon after a lost coin toss and another crucial officiating error (no pass interference on Leber) and it was over. I was left to piece it all backtogether on ESPN that night in my motel in Anchorage. But that was not as bad as listening to talk radio the next day as they tore Brett apart on his performance in the game. I had to listen to the likes of the obnoxious Jim Rome and others as I drove home. Over and over I heard how “he” blew it. Then they would start to pontificate on who was the greatest QB in history and begin the comparisons of Manning to Montana, etc.
    Monday night I got to see for myself the Vikings vs Saints recorded at home. Believe me, I watched this game critically on DVR. Here is my case for Brett Favre:
    First of all the game was amazing. The Vikings clearly had the stonger team despite being away from home in that hostile environment. If not for the fumbles, Brett and the Vikings have a relaxed double digit win at the end of the 4ht quarter. Take away Brett’s INT in the 3rd (really his only bad decision in the game) and the score would be even more lopsided. That INT should have been overturned by the MISSED roughing the passer call. This miss has been acknowledged officially by the NFL. The atrocity of that miss was that it was clear that the game plan of the Saints was to try to hurt Favre and deal with the penalties. It should not have been missed and likely would have resulted in a different final outcome if the call had been made correctly. But it wasn’t, so the warrior stood up again and walked out onto that field to except more of the beatings and try to keep his team in it. So soon we find ourself tied 28-28 at 3rd and 10 with 17 tics left on the 33 yard line and then the real tragedy occurs. From 3rd and 15 on the 38 yard line Brett was supposed to use his tired and beaten body to gain 10 yards with one chance and one chance only. Even Brett isn’t perfect but he did his best. He missed the coverage and it was a good defensive play. The outcome of the play was the same as an incomplete pass. I think Longwell is great but I doubt he hits his career long 56 yarder at 35 years old as I think his leg is a little shorter. The overtime tragedy is about as bad with a questional trap and an incorrect interference call putting them into Field goal range-Game Over. So I ask you this-if there is no 12 men in the huddle penalty and AP runs for no or modest gain on 3rd and 10 and Longwell hits the Field goal what player had the best performance on that day. Brett Favre hands down. He should have never been put into that do or die situation and he’s not a failure because of the outcome. His performance was yet another amazing feat despite his age and the odds against him.
    So if you want to say that one of the QB’s that spent their entire careers in warm sunshine or a dome and threw to one or two 1st ballot hall of fame receivers is the greatest pure QB that ever played then fine. Disregard the 40 year old man that practiced for two weeks with a team he never played with and stepped out onto the field and made Sidney Rice a probowler and Percy Harvin Rookie of the year. Disregard his consecutive starts and physical toughness proved yet again on this past Sunday. Forget that he played almost his entire career in the worst possible outdoor environment imaginable. Don’t note that at 40 years old he had the second highest QB rating in the NFL (Domes are nice to QB’s) and the highest TD/INT ratio in the history of the NFL for anyone throwing > 30 TD’s in a season. Forget the most passing yards, most TD’s, most wins, most completions, most 3 TD games etc. I guess it doesn’t really factor that he is the only man to beat every team in the league. If your lucky enough to have that last tragic game recorded, watch it one more time and realize, he may not be the best QB to ever play-but he is the best Football Player to ever play the game!

Please, if that 40 year old body can take it one more time-come back! You guys had the best team in the NFL.

Sincerely,

Bob Ledda

76. By Mandi on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Mr.Brett Favre, I hope you actually read all of these. For the overwelming amount of fans are all in agreeance you need to come back. Should be a no brainer. Consider this a practice year. I watched you on Green Bay your whole career and at no time did you have a team like this. Many things affected this game, number one terrible refs it became a joke how many bad calls or should I say non-calls were or were not made. Way too many fumbles & too many penalty minutes and yardage given up. Lets fix that and you have a winning team next year, as you did this year. I have also watched Minnesota for many years and this is the best year all around they have ever had. Next year guys Super Bowl!!!!!! Brett, Heal up and get your 41 year old butt out there again. You guys all did great this year proud of ya!!!! Thanks Mandi

77. By Larry on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

2 things Chilly has to tell Brett to try to bring him back:

1) We’ll be a pass first offense, like Manning’s and River’s, the run will be second option. We’re basically doin it your way.

2) We’ll protect you much, much better than this year – and prove it to him, a movable pocket, better o line whatever.

And I think we as fans should get a petition goin telling Brett we’d love to have him back – and we’ve gotta get a million signatures. An I – petition, that is (on Net)

78. By slcviking on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

eff em all Brett. Come on back and play with us on our 50th. How else can I wear my purple #4?

79. By purple08 on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Stick your gay letter up your a s s Wesley! Farve cost us the Superbowl with his STUPID f’n IDIOTIC hero B.S. All he had to do was not lose yards and we had a great chance to kick a field goal and go to the big show. Just retire you overated hack. He scre wed us and Packer fans are loving it. Up yours Brett!

80. By buttmeat on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Thanks Brett and A.P. best players we had.
    Gooo Saints!

81. By Mike on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

For anyone who would like to help let Brett know that he is appreciated and that we want him back for superbowl 45 here is a link to a facebook group that is growing fast, 49,000 in 3 days

82. By Ali AB on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Purple08, go hang with the packers then, Vikings don’t need fans like you.

83. By purple08 on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

I know, the Los Angeles Vikings should have a huge fan base when they move. By the way, pretty sure Lord Farve does not read these blogs or Crackbook losers. Go T-Jack!

84. By Ali AB on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Just retire, I can only speak for myself as a Vikings fan but I believe I feel the same as many other Vikings fans. Many of us don’t like the Packers because…they are our biggest rivals, duh! I, personally, have always respected Favre as a great football player and seems like a good guy. We wouldn’t have gotten as far as we did without him. The majority of Vikings fans want him to come back for one more year. And, I for one, wanted that win more for him than anything else. He deserves another Ring and all the Vikings deserve it! They were a great team this year.

85. By Bruce on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

You have to read between the lines with any negative posts on here. More than likely they are from Packer fans who feel like a jilted lover. They hate the fact that Favre didn’t take the 20 Million offer and retire so that he wouldn’t come back and beat them. Deep inside they love Favre and all that he did for the Packers and all they can do to get over that breakup is to trash Favre. They know that the Brown County vote would have never passed without Favre and they never would have got a new stadium without him. They know he brought an average of 10 wins per season (Amazing stat isn’t that?) for thos 16 years and he is doing it for someone else and it kills them. So if anything, pity them because they are still in mourning.

86. By Ali AB on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

You are funny Purple08! And thanks for coining the LordFavre, actually very appropriate when you hear all the praise he gets… and deserves. Not to mention, whatever he decides, he’s set for life, probably has more money than most Lords. So, either way, Favre gets the last laugh!!!!

87. By Robby Baylor on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

I have never really been a big Brett Favre fan since I love the Steelers, but this year has really changed my mind about this quarterback. After watching the NFC championship game, I became a big Brett Favre fan. What that man did in that game despite all the cheap shots, was show the world how tough he is and the dedication and commiitment he had for his team.

If he would retire, which he won’t, it will be a loss to football. He will not retire and will be back next year and the year after that. The reason I say that, is becasue he is appreciated in Minnesota and has a team who really enjoys him. He will be back not to prove anything, but to give his team the chance to experience what hea has already experienced, a trip to the Superbowl.

I feel Brett is the type of person who wants to do things for his team and try to make the players around him better. I think everyone knows now how tough, dedicated, and good Brett really is. Brett will be back next year because it will be very hard for him to give up the commrade he has with his team. If he was going to retire he would have told us right after the game was over. I would expect him to play for a couple more years and then maybe do some coaching with the Vikings.

By the way, comgratulations Minnesota on your great season. Maybe next year the Steeler and the Vikings will play in the SuperBowl. I have to root for my Steelers, but if the Steelers have to lose, I would like it to be Brett Favre and Minnesota.

88. By Jeff A. on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

If Brett would have completed the pass to ultimately win the game, we would consider him the hero. I read some of these comments and they are considering him a hero. He made a rookie mistake that prevented are Vikings from the Superbowl. I hear about his great stats,but that doesn’t automatically put you in the big game. From 1992 to 2009, Farve has only seen the Superbowl twice. You would expect a few more Superbowl rings from one of the “greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game”

89. By TW Vike on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

purple08 & buttmeat need to get together, I think they are soulmates. Stick it in each others you know what ! Your sisters sore.

90. By Ali AB on Jan 30, 2010 | Reply

Jeff A., your right, Brett did make a mistake but your letting that wipe away everything else he did do right. How many more yards did the Vikes have over the Saints? A lot and Brett is the biggest reason for that. How many of our other players fumbled? We should have had more points at that point and it isn’t Favres fault we didn’t. Besides, who knows if the kick would have been good, it was a long one. I just don’t get how some people don’t appreciate that he gave it everything he had by going back out on that ankle…give it a rest.

91. By 5thBeatleSTi on Jan 30, 2010 | Reply

Hmmm

92. By 5thBeatleSTi on Jan 30, 2010 | Reply

Jeff A – You’re obviously a Favre hater that knows NOTHING about the history of football, or the real significance of what this man has accomplished. To quote you verbatim:

“You would expect a few more Super Bowl rings from one of the “greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game””

Do you realize that there have only been 9 NFL quarterbacks that have won more then 1 Super Bowl ring as a starter:

1) Terry Bradshaw (4)
    2) Joe Montana (4)
    3) Troy Aikman (3)
    4) Tom Brady (3)
    5) Bart Starr (2)
    6) Bob Griese (2)
    7) Roger Staubach (2)
    8) Jim Plunkett (2)
    9) John Elway (2)

That’s it.

93. By 5thBeatleSTi on Jan 30, 2010 | Reply

And only 4 have done it more then twice.

(side note, I have a lot more to say, but aparently I can’t go on a rant like everyone else? Don’t know why the site won’t let me post longer then the post above.)

94. By Jeff A. on Jan 30, 2010 | Reply

Thanks 5thBeatleSTi, you’ve educated me on the NFL. Hey wait a minute, I see your list of great quarterbacks with multiple Superbowl ring and Farve is NOT on it. I think that was my point. I would rather celebrate a Superbowl win than Bretts accomplishments.

95. By just retire on Jan 30, 2010 | Reply

No Im sure packer fans are not sore about favre. Heck they have a better qb right now in rodgers but they dont have as good of a team. Hey wait i just heard brett is retiring oops wait no he’s coming back. What a joke. Nice year brett too bad once again big choke in a big situation. If it wasnt for Holmgren you wouldnt be where you are today.

96. By Ali AB on Jan 30, 2010 | Reply

Favre obviously isn’t perfect. He isn’t the only one that made mistakes that game though, fumbles, bad calls, etc. What frustrates me is the way people express their negative opinions, so critical and mean. I’ve seen posts that are so cruel, its so disappointing. They get paid a lot so some may say they should be able to take it but its uncalled for and unnecessary. Maybe I feel this way because I have kids, I realize now why there are bullies and just mean kids, because there are adults that are mean. Why can’t people appreciate the great year the Vikings have, the talent they have, and say, your not perfect and there are a few things that you need to work on. Peterson losing the ball, and even though Favre had few interceptions for the year, he made one at a crucial point. Name calling, etc…how old are these people? I’m so tired of the negativity. The Vikes had a good year and just try to be positive.

97. By Branden on Jan 31, 2010 | Reply

all we are saying is it ain’t over til it’s over…please comeback

98. By Douglas Que on Jan 31, 2010 | Reply

All you guys blaming Favre are idiots. Before I begin I am not a Favre fan who thinks he can’t do no wrong, it was a bad throw I do agree

But All you see was an interception. Forget all of the fumbles and missed calls, are you forgetting that the game is tied? The FG is not guarenteed but I would have loved to see him try but the game is NOT over. The game went into over time. .I don’t see anyone blaming Steve Hutchinson for calling heads knowing that tails never fail. I don’t see anyone blaming the special teams unit for allowing the kickoff returner to return it so deep. He got it to the 40 yard line. I think our offense played well. meaning they scored when they needed to (minus the fumbles). Our defense forced some crucial 3 and outs but they could not capitalize on the “gimme” interceptions, particularly the one in over time. I think our Special Teams broke down in that game and I blame them for poor tackling and giving Saints such a short field to start from. Everyone just loves throwing dirt on Favre’s name. And for Favre running for a couple of yards: There’s no way he would’ve gotten 5 – 10 yards on a bad ankle. I watched the replay 100 times he had 3 defenders around him. One chasing him and the other 2 were in front of him. Anyone who played the game of football could see that Favre would have only gotten back to the line of scrimmage and he would’ve got beaten up even worse considering that was the Saints game plan all day. Their defense isn’t that great but they manage to stay in games because they can force turn overs.

I have a question for all you Favre haters. The man has won so many games, he still has a great touchdown/interception ratio, he never had a losing season. He brought two teams to the NFC Conf. Championship and all you can talk about is him throwing interceptions in playoff games? He went to 2 superbowls and he could have won back to back but the GB defense could not stop the running game and they lost to Jon Elway and Denver which I believe shouldn’t have won that game. He would’ve retired without a ring just like Marino. But. . . . .I seen Peyton Manning throw 2 INT against Baltimore and I also seen Tom Brady throw 3 INT against Baltimore in the playoffs this year and the media or fans didn’t say anything! They just said Brady is having a bad day but he will come back next year and win it. For real football fans you know what I’m talking about. I know this post is a bit long but it’s real and Brady isn’t that great to me. He invested a great team with a great defense and there were a lot of games in the playoff where the Patriots should have lost but of course REFS are gonna let it slide (if you remember the Oakland game in the AFC CONF and the Superbowl against Carolina) Brady would have probably one had 1 ring the most right now. But we see the player he is now that he doesn’t have that all star team.

99. By Douglas Que on Jan 31, 2010 | Reply

Brett Favre has something that I haven’t seen in any other QB or player of any position and that’s HEART. That’s what makes him great to me. that’s what makes him a legend and that’s what makes him my favourite QB. You can argue and say he’s not the greatest and I wouldn’t argue because I would say Montana is the greatest but there will never be another Favre. He makes the game exciting and no QB is capable of doing that. Look at the ratings his games get. He breaks records off the field. Manning is a great QB but he is so boring to watch. He doesn’t congratulate his teammates after a good play. He just looks like a robot on the field. And aside from football Favre is a great person and a true warrior. In college he got into a car accident and the doctors had to remove 18 inches of intestines. He recovered came back on the field and won the game for his College football team. We watched him and his wife battle with cancer. We seen how he performed the day his dad died. The consecutive starts after so many injuries. The hate and criticism he gets on a daily basis especially after he left Green Bay. The organziation didn’t even want him any more and I understand the move because Rodgers is a good QB but to bribe him to stay retire and then refrain him from joining the Vikings last year which he wanted all along. that is the only reason he was playing for the Jets. Then most recently being knocked down 17 times in a NFC Conference game and the hits that the defense was laying on him were not all clean and some may have been driven with more force to knock him out the game like Kurt Warner but somehow he comes back drives his team all up and down the field just to see them make mistakes after mistake but you could obviously see he was fighting. This is why people love the man and he’s the greatest to them. To those who follow Rap music it’s like when people say 2pac was the greatest rapper. Everyone knows Tupac wasn’t the greatest rapper lyrically, but he represented something so much more than rap, he was a warrior, he made you feel his pain, his lyrics were meaningful. Same thing with Brett, he may not go down as the greatest QB considering now a QB is validated with the number of rings he has but Favre will always represent something so much more than football.

100. By Jeff A. on Jan 31, 2010 | Reply

Douglas que, You bring up some of the tremendous adversity that Brett has had to deal with in the past. You bring up stats of his past. Brett has HAD a long successful career. The question is what will he do in the FUTURE for the Vikings ? The Vikings will not have the same team next year and the schedule will be stronger. If Brett comes back and fails again next year, will we still be talking about his great career stats and want to sign him to another 2 year deal ? And while many organizations are already looking at there teams future, the Vikings are waiting for the Farve retirement drama. Brett Farve is not larger than the Vikings or the NFL, and the Vikings need to set a deadline.

101. By TW Vike on Jan 31, 2010 | Reply

I said it earlier, Favre has been under the microscope all year. 13wins without him,I dont think so. Maybe 8-8 & no playoffs! Its easier for the media & so called experts to dwell on his miscues! His last play as a Packer against the Giants, his last games as a Jet. Favre made the Vikings a better team. We made it to the NFC title game because of him. So now its time to give him the CREDIT he deserves! You loved the GUNSLINGER against the 49ers, support him now, no matter what he decides to do! Thanx #4 & the rest of the VIKINGS for a great season!

102. By Douglas Que on Jan 31, 2010 | Reply

Jeff A.

I don’t want Favre to return because of his health and the way the media and fans don’t appreciate him. I just brought up those stats and statements because people are only remembering the bad times when it comes to Brett but when it’s another QB like Manning or Brady they never get ridiculed for their mistakes. I’m a Favre fan and a football fan but people only talk about interceptions and the on/off retirement. I think the Vikes should stay with Rosenfels and Jackson because they seen how Favre performed under so much ridicule and everyone not believing in him so hopefully he left them to carry the team with that high level of confidence and fun.. It’s the intangibles that Favre has that’s why people want him back. . And you’re right about the schedule next year. We face the NFC East (with Keith B*itching and the Cowgirls) and we face the AFC East. If we can tighten our O Line and have a fierce secondary defense that can force interceptions and turnovers and a CONSISTENT special teams then we’ll be back in the playoffs. And Childress isn’t that bad but he’s a complete idiot sometimes. I watched the interview after the lost and he admitted that the 12 men on the field penalty was because he wanted to change a play that Darrell Bevel called but he didn’t even tell the coordinator and on top of that Childress didn’t accept full responsibility for that mistake. As a coach you have to take full responsibility. One more thing, I think Leslie Frazier will be gone next year so who knows how our defense will look like

103. By Jeff A. on Jan 31, 2010 | Reply

It’s apparently also easy to cover up his miscues with past stats and the fact that the Vikings ALMOST made it to the big game. I guess that’s good enough for some people. Well I hope we ALMOST make to the Superbowl next year too !!

104. By ms viking on Jan 31, 2010 | Reply

I have been a true and loyal VIKINGS fan for years. I can not recall in a very long time what Brett Favre gave to this team, spark , enthusiasm, high energy, fun and the love of the game. i wished in all my heart for many years that this is the year the Super Bowl, but yet again no. I wiil always love the VIKINGS , maybe one day it will happen a Super Bowl victory. Brett Favre is STILL THE KEY TO THIS TEAM. I hope he makes the right decision for himself and family, and I know he will. Brett you are awesome THE BEST EVER. THANK YOU. SKOL VIKINGS FOREVER.

105. By TW Vike on Jan 31, 2010 | Reply

ms viking- Couldnt have said it better!

106. By vikes1980 on Jan 31, 2010 | Reply

i swear i seen someone on here say Tim tebow..TIM TEBOW is horrible and will never make it in the NFL… there is no option plays on every down in this league..if they attempt to go after him they will be getting the next JOEY HARRINGTON or JAMARCUS RUSSELL… if they do draft a QB it needs to be Dan LaFevour from Central Michigan..he has all the tangibles to be an elite NFL starting QB … but i think Brett will be back in 2010…oh yeah and dont forget we will need a RB…Taylor is a free agent and i seriously doubt that the Vikes will bring him back..so yeah draft LaFevour and let Rosenfels go so that LaFevour can learn for a season under Favre and eventually be the starter in Minnesota…Jackson is not a starter…not horrible but not good enough to get it done (last years playoff against Philly) so QB and CB are definate needs in this years draft

107. By 4FAVRE on Feb 1, 2010 | Reply

BRETT CAME BACK IN AND PLAYED FOR THE TEAM. HE KNEW JACKSON’S WOULDN’T TAKE CHARGE.THAT WAS OFFENCE MISTAKES ON A FEW PLAYERS. THAN YOU LOOSE. COME BACK YOU AND WORK ON MISTAKE . BRETT WOULD SAY THIS.THE WHOLE TEAM NEEDS WORK NOT ONE PLAYER.

108. By Russ Simmons on Feb 1, 2010 | Reply

I’m a Viking fan since 1969. For the last few years before the 09 season began I’ve been saying we only need a very good quarterback. That was the missing piece. When Bret Farve signed on I thought we had a chance at winning the super bowl. Most of the games the intensity was high at every position and all the teammates seam to had been enjoying the game. Bret Farve looked very happy to be playing and enjoying the atmosphere around him. The Minnesota Vikings were very exciting for the fans to watch and enjoy this year. Bret Farve brought another dimension of offense for the Vikings and we the fans sure appreciated the excitement of it all. As a Minnesota Viking fan, Bret Farve , You are more than welcome to return as our Quaterback. Thanks for the wonderful season you and rest of the Viking organization presented us. Russ Simmons

109. By Ali AB on Feb 1, 2010 | Reply

Loeffler: Favre heckled while injured

Hope Vikings fans never behave like this, even when the shoes are reversed and we are playing the Saints next year for the Championship at the Dome!

110. By MossforLife on Feb 3, 2010 | Reply

Reading this post seems to be one-sided but very understandable. Favre is a good QB with heart and durability. But as a Viking Fan he never poise a treat with us. We beat the Packers like clock work with the exception of the two seasons without a QB. Favre practically admits that himself. We would pressure him, sack him, until he throws the game winning int. The New Orleans Saints beat him the same way we beat the Packers. Our Team prevented Packers playoff berths in essence 1 ring in his tenure in the North. I think that we are so caught up in the absence of a Superbowl Ring we forget the Vikings have always had the showtime Team. Greenbay and Chicago only succeeded during our major transition periods. We dominated with Tarkenton, Moon, Jeff George, Cunningham, Culpepper and Favre was the QB for GB when four of these QB’s played for the Vikes. We can and will win without him. Everyone has listed the Pros, lets list the Cons with the switch of QB.. The running gqme went from the most dominated to the least dominated. The O-line preferred running the ball as opposed to passing the ball. The O-line was constantly in pass protect mode which wears you down. RB’s became non-existant which makes them fumble prone because they try too hard when their number is called. O-line is too tired to open holes for the RB due to pass protecting 85 percent of the time. Mobility – Tavaris Jackson would have ran in or came close to a TD on the Favre Int. Favre made a conscience decision not to run but pass in the lions teeth. Why? As a Owner I would be p—ssed. This is when you earn your pay. 7 mil? You had a obtainable opportunity and failed. Regardless of all the fumbles and mishaps. You did not closed the game due to your inability to run. You can be the greatest Boxer in the World, but when you lose your legs it’s time to retire. Especially when you do not want to go through training camps anymore. It’s time to Retire and think about your family and your health. The price your paying for a completion is not worth it. The odds of you getting seriously hurt are much greater than winning a SB. Do not allow a defensive player to have bragging rights of putting you out of commission. Your a big prize.. Stop listings to the fans because they are not looking out for your best interest, they just want a win at any cost. . You given our QB’s valuable insight. It’s time for them (TJ) to step up to the plate and bring us a SB. You done your job Brett You’ve shown them how to do it.

111. By WisPurplehead on Feb 4, 2010 | Reply

What is it with these fans that think tjack is a starting QB! He is a backup and that is it. If we end up with him as the default starter, we go 8-8 at best! Please wake up people, chily is the ONLY reason tjack is even still here!!!!

112. By QBWatcher on Feb 5, 2010 | Reply

Since there is no timetable expect Favre to return right after training camp completes. After all he is the elite of QBs..

113. By Roy Rodgers on Feb 17, 2010 | Reply

Why no Timetable? So Favre can fatten up all the while sitting on his fat rear. Wow it’s not to tough to see that Favre’s lack of off season training has caught up with him in the last couple of years. Favre always would like an easy way to the Super Bowl and with the Vikings sched. next season It won’t be easy at all. Let’s just face it the Guy sits around and does not train anymore whatsoever and It takes a lot of Physical training to stay in shape. His drop off in play and decision making in late season and playoff football is a sure sign of his lack of team effort. He is looking for an easy ride to the Super Bowl so don’t get you’re hopes up there too high. There is no way to an easy Super Bowl. Being Lazy does not cut it. And asking for the Special Treatment is obscene. It’s a team sport and you play and a team trains and plays together. Including the off season. It’s not very hard to see that time has ran out for another Super Bowl run for Favre. If Favre want’s to have his leisure time then retire. You can’t have the best of both worlds Favre. No body will let you win the Super Bowl with that attitude Favre.

114. By vikescot on Feb 22, 2010 | Reply

Had a nice post pro Brett and grrrrt season VIKES w/ some well desreved Chilly critique I guess the Chilly critique is gonna be censored…….Post the cmts you post Fudgepacker H A T E posts!!!!!!!!!!